[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you know when it's time to quit a group? My friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

How do you know when it's time to quit a group?

My friend got me involved with an RPG group with the promise of a 5 person group, plus the GM. By first game day, there were only 3 players.

The GM has thrown us into a lot of dumb situations, keeps making sexual comments about every female NPC plus my female character (all the players and GM are men) and has a near constant involvement of threatened rape and sexual activity in the background 'for realism' in a post apocalyptic cyberpunk game.

I've tried talking to him, but all that's done is have him stop making direct comments about my character, everything else is still going on. My friend would be really disappointed, because this is the only available game we can find in our rural area and the two of us don't know enough people outside of the GM and his one friend to start our own.
>>
No gaming is better than bad gaming.

Are you not having fun? It's time to quit.

It sucks sometimes, but it really is that simple.
>>
>>52046366
This.

Sounds like the game being run is not going to be good for you, ever.
Possibly any game run by this GM either, but he might be different in a less harsh setting.

As always, examine any pursuit you engage in for its actions achieving its desired effect.
If you game in pursuit of fun, but aren't having fun, then you need to take a different action.
This remains true if you game for socialization, system-mastery, or eroticism.
>>
>>52046366
>No gaming is better than bad gaming.

Depends how bad the gaming is, and the amount of effort you put in to get it.

> Are you not having fun? It's time to quit.

Overly simple and blatantly obvious statement that doesn't help OP at all.

> It sucks sometimes, but it really is that simple.

And pithy "life sucks" to finish it off, along with Reddit spacing. I give this 0/10 for advice.

Also, OP:

> my female character

You get what you ask for. Unless you can explain somehow how your character just would not work if she were a man.
>>
>>52046561

>Overly simple and blatantly obvious statement that doesn't help OP at all.

Games are meant to be fun. You are investing time and effort in a leisure time activity. If that activity is not properly rewarding your investment by creating a fun, compelling experience, you should stop participating in the activity.

It really is that simple, despite your bizarre, pointless criticism and apparent need to over complicate things.
>>
>>52046561
>>52046655

>You get what you ask for. Unless you can explain somehow how your character just would not work if she were a man.

Oh, sorry, missed this last line on the first skim through. Thanks for publicly declaring yourself either a troll or an irredeemable idiot, although I do feel rather silly for replying to you now.
>>
>>52046366
I guess it is just that simple. I'm going to talk with the friend and the GM one last time, a serious conversation about how it's getting weird. I really don't want the third player to get lost in the fray, since he is actually pretty good about the game for playing a heavy utility class that is almost useless in other situations.

If the game is still the same by the end of today's sessions, or he pulls more bullshit to punish players who easily escape his traps (which he also does frequently), I'm out.
>>
>>52046561
>criticized anon for their advice
>their own advice is pithy "You get what you ask for."
Pathetic.

>>52046669
>I do feel rather silly for replying to you now.
Happens to the best of us, friend.
>>
>>52046934
If a mildly interesting story results, return to let us know.
Or if the thread is still up let us know anyway.
>>
>>52046985
Eh, it's mostly a decent RPG. A little more free-form and rules light then I like, but I gotta get that hit.

It's mostly just the short punctuation of unreasonably nonsensical or harsh punishment and rape that just make me do a double take and feel like I'm back in Catholic School
>>
>>52047010
Sounds like a mediocre GM trying to achieve a Grimdark atmosphere by poorly implementing cheap drama.

Or its his fetish.
But I get the distinct impression that happens far less often irl than it does in /tg/.
>>
>>52046347
Just play online, it make take a few tries but you'll find a great group eventually
>>
>>52046561
Leave.

>>52046347
>>52046934
See if you can play something else with the other players and leave the GM out of it. DM/GM/STs who refuse to cut their shit out even after you've talked to them are just idiots, and best avoided. Same goes for PCs who act like that, really.
>>
File: Pathetic.jpg (86KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
Pathetic.jpg
86KB, 500x307px
>>52046561
>This entire reply.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.