[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despite being edgy as fuck, kill puppies for satan has some really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Kill Puppies for Satan.pdf (197KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Kill Puppies for Satan.pdf
197KB, 1x1px
Despite being edgy as fuck, kill puppies for satan has some really cool 'magic' rules. Basically when you kill puppies and kittens you get 'evil' points that can be spent from a list of satanic powers.

I think it's a really interesting mechanic, but has anyone ever tried to convert it to a more standard/less edgy fantasy format? Like what would be the way to get points? Then the points could be spent to do things like turn invisible or shoot a fireball or something.
>>
I believe this is like a backwards karma system in some games. Particularly the demo for the new Elite Dangerous tabletop game. You spend karma to do cool shit and dodge death and you get more for general good deeds.

But it isn't like
>You disarm the bomb on the ship and the day is saved
>That was the main point of the mission, but here's karma!

or

>You spend 3 karma to do a triple backflip, land on the guy's back, and stab him in the skull eight times.

It's pretty specific and it's hard to get karma back. Plus, you have to spend all of it to dodge death, which is a bit excessive.

Maybe homebrew it into a not edgy, not shitty fantasy RPG with some divine shit or inspiration. Or even just
>You give the homeless guy a blowjob. Good on you, you dirty samaritan! +2 Spell Points

Otherwise, nothing already made like this comes to mind.
>>
>>52023743

Yeah but what should they get spell points for exactly?
>>
>>52023785
Well, this game gives it to you for killing animals and doing fucked up, edgy shit. A fantasy setting could give it to you for doing fantasy shit. You follow a knightly oath, putting duty and honor before your own well-being?
>+2 Points

You craft a potion and drink it, thinking it heals you but OH NO! It turned out to be a laxative! Luckily, you have a spell to stop that!
>+1 Point

Your friends are being mauled by a lone wild bear and you are their last hope. With the might of the gods and your hammer at your side, you smite the wicked beast then and there out of sheer awesome power, saving everyone.
>+3 Points

Just generally cool, badass shit or something fantasy that saves your own bacon I guess. It's not too specific, but that's good because then players can't abuse the system and the GM can gauge whether or not a deed is worthy of points. Once the system is more fleshed out and people are more familiar with it, it would be a lot of fun.
>>
>>52023859

I would make it specific to each character class/archetype but I like it.
>>
I've always wanted to play this.
>>
>>52023518
You do understand that this game is all one big joke, yes? It's tongue so firmly in cheek it bursts through the side of the face in a shower of gore and bone fragments. It mocks the exact kind of juvenile, "edgy" thought process that might lead people to behaving like its "Satanists" relentlessly, on almost every page.

It's depressingly telling that even when Vincent Baker sets out to make a joke game it ends up being better than 99.99% of what's on the market. It's an absolute delight to read, has made me actually laugh out loud several times, and is astonishingly playable. I'm assuming Greg Stolze would've shown similar results.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.