[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 400
Thread images: 82

File: hhg books.jpg (2MB, 2076x1992px) Image search: [Google]
hhg books.jpg
2MB, 2076x1992px
You only get to play your legion with 1 termie squad, 1 of your RoWs, no equipment or special characters edition.
Joe Meltface is a perfectly respectable and trustworthy phosphex vendor subedition.

Chaos is worst stepdad and only a fool would think otherwise. TSons may or may not need nerfs and Valdor is not a Custodian, but a preternaturally skilled, inviolable, regular joe that's part of a solidarity. Anons speculated on alternate heresy methods and Morty and Perty are merging into Autismo. Threadus Penultimatus here: >>52004504

>THIS THING
http://www.mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
https://mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b
>>
>>52019433
>playing with girl's toys
>taking the hard counter to an opponent in your meta

What are you, some kind of ner-
hang on
>>
>>52019460
>girl's toys
IT'S 2017.
>>
We're not burying them at void? What then?

We'll reanimate their power armor. Take them into battle with us.

A paragon to our brothers-in-arms. Even in death.

We are Thousand Sons.
>>
>>52019483

But current year is year of Trump. That meme no longer applies.
>>
>>52019328
>Don't really have a point to make
The implication is clear.

We're supposed to believe that 45 points is a sufficiently high price tag for 1.5 times the shooting power and the potential for things like Presience, Forewarning, etc
Maybe someone could run the math on it and make a good case for it, but it's only 20 more points than giving them melta-bombs...

>>52019389
I agree with this for the most part.
Picking psychic powers is still a bit of a bridge too far though, reliably getting Maelstrom is obscene.

>>52019398
Ironic that you're doing exactly what your picture is saying.
>>
You look well-rested, Magnus... My, my, how you've changed. You became a daemon for such little truths as that? Well, I'm sure you'll see the bigger picture eventually. If you get out of here alive. Rest in peace, this time. I'll see you on Terra! "Magnus!"
>>
>>52019508
I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless Warp. I will always be with you, plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as dusts.
>>
File: Leman_Russ_-_Prospero.jpg (76KB, 675x396px) Image search: [Google]
Leman_Russ_-_Prospero.jpg
76KB, 675x396px
>>52019508
>We're not burying them at void? What then?
I will unscrew your head and shit down your NECK!
>>
File: Sister of Quiet.png (289KB, 338x870px) Image search: [Google]
Sister of Quiet.png
289KB, 338x870px
>>52019581
>"..."
t. Quietnetia Krolle
Suddenly I can't MGSpost like I used to. WTF?
>>
Curze vs. Logar vs. Angron: who's more batshit insane?
>>
File: Wulfen.jpg (304KB, 789x848px) Image search: [Google]
Wulfen.jpg
304KB, 789x848px
>>52019669

With this, I'll rid the galaxy of infestation - Sans Astra Lupi. The galaxy will be torn asunder and then, it shall be free.
>>
>>52019757
Lorgar.
Curze is just depressed and sadistic.
Angron has reason to be angry and just got addicted to fighting.
>>
HHG made me want to name my super walker Sahelanthropus. What Knight/Titan should it be though?
>>
>>52019565
First two posts you linked are both me.
I really didn't have a point to make other than putting the costs into the discussion b t w. I get a bit muggy when people start arguing about things without considering how many points they may or may not be eating up. Those are what those units costs, make hay with it in relation to one's position or don't. Consider the usefulness or not of other legion's upgrades in comparison, whatever.
Those upgrades are what make the TS vets TS vets. TS players wanna run their vets, they're gonna wanna give them ML1 and Shred, dey pays dat price.

I could look up the exact numbers, but I'm right now too lazy. But if you kit out 2 vet squads and give then rhinos, then add in 2 HQs which are apparently good to have in TS, you've probably eaten close to 700 points. With two good vet squads, a praetor and a consul. A naked 5 man Sekhmet is what, 250 on top of that?

I can see the argument that a TS list would get claustrophobic in a hurry. A bad TS list would probably still munch a bad list from most other legions though.
>>
>>52019814
Warhound?
>>
>>52019763
The primarch project- Malcador called it
>>
>>52019814
Paladin with missiles pod.

I got the 1/100 scale RAY that I've been slowly turning into a Crusader (named Metallum Rex).
>>
I told myself this was about justice, about protecting the weak... but I was wrong.

I learned young that killing your enemies felt good. Really good. In Crusade, my brothers, my sons... they helped me forget the devil inside...but who am I kidding? I was born to kill!

The bit about my claws, that "means of justice" stuff? I guess I just needed something to keep "the Haunter" in check when I was knee-deep in bodies...
>>
Is the gold on Ultramarine armour actual gold plating or is it just painted that way?
>>
File: omegon.jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
omegon.jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
>>52019861
Now do you remember? Who you are? What you are meant to do? I cheated death, thanks to you.
>>
File: Porphyrion.png (776KB, 843x768px) Image search: [Google]
Porphyrion.png
776KB, 843x768px
>>52019814
He mentioned something interesting. House Malinax is pursuing new research. He claims that what they're doing in Xana is the missing piece. A walker to surpass Warhound Gear.
>>
>>52019948
Actual gold. Which is impractical as shit but this is the culture that uses masonry on it's spaceships so by comparison, a little gold edging on your armour doesn't seem so bad.

Custodes is scifi Not!Gold called Auramite or something.
>>
This MGSposting is pretty funny desu.

>>52019948
I imagine artificer armour at the very least uses some quantity of gold, but gold wouldn't stay intact on a medieval piece of armour, let alone super-futuristic space armour, so it's probably plasteel or adamantium or whatever with gold added to the surface in some kind of futuristic quasi-painting technique. The cheaper ones would use paint that has real gold in it, the artificer ones would probably contain gold within the armour itself.
You can head-canon it however you want, I think the consensus is that gold is involved at some stage of the process, though obviously the practical parts of the armour aren't made of solid gold.
>>
>>52019982
You have too - you've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm Alpharius, and you are too... No... He's the two of us. Together. Where we are today? We built it. This story - this "legend" - it's ours. We can change the galaxy- and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you, wherever you go. Thank you... my brother. From here on out, you're Alpharius.
>>
Cue The Man who sold the Galaxy
>>
File: Alpharius MkIII.jpg (404KB, 800x1228px) Image search: [Google]
Alpharius MkIII.jpg
404KB, 800x1228px
>>52020134

We passed upon the warp
Spoke of was and when
Although I wasn't there
He said I was his friend
Which came as some surprise
I spoke into his eyes
I thought you died alone
Murdered on Eskrador
"Oh no, NOT ME
I never lost that duel
You're face to face
With Alpharius Omegon"
I laughed and shook Dorn's hand
And made my way back home
I searched for Arkhan Land
For years and years I roamed
I gazed a gazer stare
We marked a million hills
We must have died alone
A long long time ago
Who knows?
Not me
We never lost control
You're face, to face
With Alpharius Omegon
>>
The Imperium is an interstellar empire of secular humanism. A meeting of humanity. Instead of simply assimilating, its citizens live alongside others. So the Emperor sought a system that used the empyrean, psychic power, to control the subconscious.
>>
File: girly snake.jpg (82KB, 360x398px) Image search: [Google]
girly snake.jpg
82KB, 360x398px
>>52020134
G has come to.
>>
>>52020222
Off-topic slightly, but is anyone else interested in this newest "triumvirate" primarily because of Guilliman and his story in the Horus Heresy?
>>
In His eyes, the greatest symbiotic parasite the galaxy's ever known isn't biological. It's immaterial. Psychic power is what keeps the Imperium, our civilization, alive. Free the galaxy, not by taking men's lives but by taking their minds.
>>
>>52020263
how long before someone matches that emprah photoshop with an actual model?

And then the inevitable wishlisting for stats by custodes players
>>
I haven't forgotten what you told me, Father. We have no tomorrow: but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Maybe not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the galaxy will no longer need us: no need for the bolter, or the posthuman hand to pull the trigger. I have to drag out the daemon inside me, build a better future. That's what I— what we will leave as our legacy. Another mission, right Father?
>>
>>52020263
Meh, I'd rather see where it leads to. And if we see Khan, Russ, Vulkan, Lion and Dorn make a return as well to counter the traitor primarchs.

This galaxy will become one. I have found the way. Faction, adeptus affiliations, sector borders... even our faces will be irrelevant. The galaxy that the Emperor envisioned will finally become a reality, and it will make mankind whole again.
>>
Sins of the Emperor
Imperium Divide
A Traitor I Remain
I'm my own Warmaster now

What else can there be?
>>
>>52020263
I'm more interested in it because we may hear more about the scouring and his duel with fulgrim, which has never really been expanded on ever.

Him having a helmet is the primary reason why I'm interested in the set, though. FW when are you going to follow suit.
>>
>>52020291
>how long before someone matches that emprah photoshop with an actual model?
Wut?

>>52020314
I'd rather they bring back the old 30k faces and instead of End Times-ing the setting, just set up another period of semi-stagnant perpetual war where the Primarchs are back with a vengeance, and the other factions (barring Tau) have the 10,000-year shackles removed from them:
>Chaos isn't held in by the Cadian chokepoint
>The Eldar aren't simply waiting for their Godot anymore
>The Orks finally have a near-unifying leader for their Grate Krusade
>The main force of Tyranids are mostly here
>Necrons form new mini-empires
>>
>>52020355
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KckCsw_JyJI

Don't even need to change the title.
>>
I was born in a small village on a world that survived the Long Night. I was still a foundling when we were invaded by posthuman warriors. Imperial legiones astartes. Torn from my home, I was remade in their Master's image. With each new decade, my commanders changed along with the thoughts they made me think. With each change, I changed, too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Psychic power can kill.
>>
>>52020363
I was really disappointed when I found out he's going to fight Magnus, the traitor primarch he had the least contact and antagonism with, and not ol' king faggot (especially since he was teased in Biel-Tan).

Fucking GW and their laziness
>>
>>52020355
"The Ynnead is Yet to Come"
"Brain Eater"
>>
File: Sins of the Father MGS V.jpg (213KB, 645x615px) Image search: [Google]
Sins of the Father MGS V.jpg
213KB, 645x615px
>>52020395
This has always been a Reductor song to me, I don't know why.
>>52020355
>Sins of the Emperor
We do have Sins of the Father.
>>52020314
>The galaxy was once one. But the conflict between the Primarchs - has torn it in two. We will use the Legacy to heal that rift and make mankind whole again. To do this, we need strength. An unstoppable trump card with enough power to bring order to the galaxy!
>>
>>52020412
>"Brain Eater"
I understood that reference.
>>
>>52020410
I'm fine with it. The recent 40k and 30k releases have had enough magnusposting for two lifetimes. Now we get to see king smurf punch him in the face until he becomes magnus the purple.
>>
File: Emperor.jpg (188KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor.jpg
188KB, 1000x1000px
>>52020379
>Wut?
This one.
I think some companies have their own Emperor models, don't they? Some of them are actually decent.
>>
>>52020432
>This has always been a Reductor song to me
destroyers, iron warriors, alpha legion, white scars

it's a good song
>>
>>52020379
How they're gonna get over the "40,000" and "41st millennium" things is another question. I just hope they won't fuck the entire game, even if they don't flush the entire setting down the drain.

>Chaos isn't held in by the Cadian chokepoint

Yet they didn't take Terra, so all they accomplished is destroying Cadia and making it that much harder for them to venture out of the Eye.

>The Eldar aren't simply waiting for their Godot anymore

Yet Slaanesh persists, so all we got is another Avatar model.

>The Orks finally have a near-unifying leader for their Grate Krusade

Which they've had for decades now.

>The main force of Tyranids are mostly here

So decades more big monsters and bona fide shitty rules!

>Necrons form new mini-empires

Didn't they already have those?
>>
>>52020498
>Didn't they already have those?
More of them, with blackjack and hookers.
>>
>>52020498
Why is it harder to get out of the Eye now? I thought it would make the Warp spill out and make it easier for Daemons and CSM to get out
>>
>>52020546
When Trazyn supercharged the pylons they actually shrank the eye of terror
>>
>>52020498
>Yet they didn't take Terra, so all they accomplished is destroying Cadia and making it that much harder for them to venture out of the Eye.
That's meant to be only the beginning. Back then Chaos marines in the Eye blocked by Cadia were like herpes where it can only be controlled, but now they'll behave like the actual ass-cancer they are
>Yet Slaanesh persists, so all we got is another Avatar model.
"I hoped they'd kill a god in a day", the post.
>>The Orks finally have a near-unifying leader for their Grate Krusade
As in, now it's only a straight way until they try and re-enact the War of the Beast all over again, unless the Imperium stops it before it can begin.
>>The main force of Tyranids are mostly here
>So decades more big monsters and bona fide shitty rules!
Imagine if it was code-word for "Tyranids with actual Taudar-tier rules". Now that'd be scary.
>>Necrons form new mini-empires
>Didn't they already have those?
Yup. Maybe they all are awakening now?
>>
>>52020546
>Why is it harder to get out of the Eye now?

You know the significance of the Gate? Due to the calm region of space, it's pretty much the only safe passage in and out of the Eye. That's why it's also the bulwark of the Imperial defences against Chaos forces, because they know the traitor fleets must pass through the Gate. Abaddon launched whole Crusades to find an alternative route out of the eye with little success.

With the Gate gone, traitor fleets moving in and out of the Eye would not have a safe passage and thus it will be much slower and more dangerous.
>>
File: 1456973215724.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1456973215724.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>>52020608
>With the Gate gone, traitor fleets moving in and out of the Eye would not have a safe passage and thus it will be much slower and more dangerous.
This is Regimental Standard tier, but it's ok, the Emperor never wanted Cadia anyway.
>>
>>52020608
So I guess blowing up Cadia was not Abaddon wanted then?
>>
>>52020590
>now they'll behave like the actual ass-cancer they are

Which would mean GW is making travelling in and out of the Eye not a big problem, which in turn raises the question why was the Gate so important in the first place and why Abaddon tried to find alternative routes. But, you know, details.

>"I hoped they'd kill a god in a day", the post.

Eldar been working against Slaanesh forever. They still do. Nothing has changed, except they got a second Avatar.

>unless Yarrick stops it before it can begin.

FTFY
>>
>>52020658
But he's right.

Why do you think Abaddon didn't just bomb it from orbit?
>>52020677
No, it was a desperate fuck you after Trazyn triggered the pylons
>>
File: 146536709467.jpg (208KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
146536709467.jpg
208KB, 1191x670px
>>52020263
Guilliman is my favourite Primarch
I am hype
>>
>>52020683
>Which would mean GW is making travelling in and out of the Eye not a big problem
It isn't if you like traveling the warp with your Geller field turned off, like the chaos guys do.
Why do you think invasions to the Eye are suicide missions? Imperials don't fare too well in the warp.
If you're an Imperial, however, it's a bad thing, as you're now forced to travel turbulent and ureliable warp routes just to get through. That section of space is now Dangerous terrain for spacecraft.
>>52020698
>Why do you think Abaddon didn't just bomb it from orbit?
Bombing stuff becomes a bit more difficult when there's a fleet stationed there exclusively to prevent that specific scenario.
Cadia exploded because Abaddon crashed the Blackstone fortress onto it.
Which is a Colony Drop.
Which DOES count as bombing stuff from orbit.
So he did.
>>
>>52020355

"Cyclonic"
"Silence's Theme"
>>
>>52020740
>Bombing stuff becomes a bit more difficult when there's a fleet stationed there exclusively to prevent that specific scenario.
Abaddon's got a blackstone fortress as well as the black fleet; clearing up Cadia's defenses wouldn't be that hard.

>Cadia exploded because Abaddon crashed the Blackstone fortress onto it.
>Which is a Colony Drop.
>Which DOES count as bombing stuff from orbit.
>So he did.

Only after Trazyn activated the pylons and the eye began shrinking, it was a desperate gambit to save their asses.

Please follow the conversation.
>>
File: Quiet affirmative.gif (5MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Quiet affirmative.gif
5MB, 500x281px
>>52020767
>"Silence's Theme"
>>
>>52020782
>Was Cadia bombed? Y/N
Y
>But circumstances meant th-
Y
>>
>>52020712
he's the most interesting one
the ultramarines are also the most interesting legion
I hope we get to see more information about the ultramar secret police, but I really doubt we will
>>
>>52020805
Are you always this stupid, or are you being intentionally obtuse?

Ever wonder why abaddon didn't crash asteroids into it during the previous 12?
>>
>>52020658
That's literally what the fluff of the Gate has been forever. Don't people actually read anything anymore? What the fuck do people think the Gate is even a thing and so important in the first place?

>>52020677
The Crimson Path is a gamble. Abaddon thinks that he can't take Terra via mortal forces alone, he needs daemons as well. By starting a massive campaign of destruction from the Eye and weakening reality itself, he can allow daemon allies to pour out into real space on a path to Terra and hit it with full force of mortals and daemons.

The gamble is that if he fails, then he has closed the Cadia Gate and any retry he plans, will be that much more difficult. Unless GW decides to rewrite the purpose of the Gate, which I'm sure will not sit with the history, but I'm sure carnac will tell us it's all ok.

>>52020740
>Why do you think invasions to the Eye are suicide missions?

If you think it's hard to get it, what makes you think it's easy to get out?

Also, there are cases where Imperial ships have flown into the Eye via the Gate. In the novel Eye of Terror not only does the Imperium send recon vessels to spy on the Eye, they even launch a counter-offensive on a Chaos fleet buildup to stop a possible black crusade in the making.
>>
File: ultramarine screeching.jpg (13KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
ultramarine screeching.jpg
13KB, 310x163px
>>52020698
>Why do you think Abaddon didn't just bomb it from orbit?
Because the Imperium were defending it and it was crazy Necron technology that would have resisted it.

>>52020712
I really liked him in Know No Fear, and I'd say he's arguably the most interesting primarch (definitely top three), but depending on the way he's written, I can really dislike him.
It's a bit like the difference between people who think Dorn is an autistic martinet rather than a compassionate but stoic idealist: some people think Guilliman is either a ten-foot tall Wesley Crusher or a "Just-as-planned" psychopath, and both of those readings suck.
That said, I do like the presentation of him as being a manipulative bastard, and a bit arrogant, just not to the extent that he's nothing more than a caricature.

>>52020767
>"Silence's Theme"
It's the Quiet theme except instead of hummed it's played aggressively by an orchestra with trombones and a choir. And cannons like Tchaikovsky.
>>
>>52020740
"This Blackstone Fortress isn't just for show!"

Oh wait it's backward, damn.
>>
Jaghatai: "You've only got two options. Censure or Damnation."

Magnus: "No, there is another."
>>
File: leman-russ-horz.jpg (62KB, 472x288px) Image search: [Google]
leman-russ-horz.jpg
62KB, 472x288px
>>52020858
NOPE
>>
>>52020836
Abaddon had a fucking planet killer; if he wanted to Cadia would have been dust in the 12th crusade.

He only destroyed Cadia when there was a serious chance of the 10 millennia of progress getting overturned because of a Jewy skeletor
>>
>>52020866

SUCH a lust for revenge!

WHO!?
>>
>>52020858
>Magnus: "No, there is another."
>Magnus: "Actually wait Damnation sounds good, Imma go with that."
>>
>>52020828
>Ever wonder why abaddon didn't crash asteroids into it during the previous 12?
Because rocks aren't free.
Listen, the pylons were indeed shrinking the Eye and Abaddon's was a desperate gambit that happened to work...but he did bomb Cadia, anon.
It's like saying "Why didn't Horus bomb Terra?"
HE FUCKING DID.
And please, don't confuse bombing with Exterminatus, or fucking warp jump the goalposts.
>Are you always this stupid, or are you being intentionally obtuse?
I give way less fucks than the regular anon, so take it as you want.
>>52020833
>What the fuck do people think the Gate is even a thing and so important in the first place?
Because it gave the Imperials a means to mount defense and functioned as a cork for the Eye.
>If you think it's hard to get it, what makes you think it's easy to get out?
I thought the warp knew its own.
>>
>>52020911
*AWOOO
>>
File: rocks aren't free.jpg (251KB, 949x1180px) Image search: [Google]
rocks aren't free.jpg
251KB, 949x1180px
>>52020828
Missing pic.
>>
>>52020866
>>52020926

Your favorite saga... Nefertari, Bartholomew - psykers, wrongly executed... But their deaths served as a message to others: that ours is an Imperium that murders the innocent. Do you, too, believe that your sacrifice will change the galaxy?

>>52020937

10/10 post right here.
>>
Why did Russ hate Magnus in the first place? Magnus killed Russ's wolf waifu or something?
>>
Who would be a damn fiddle in HH, and who would be playing them??
>>
>>52020932
When I say bombing I don't mean the real world definition of bombing (which would constitute a light dusting in 40k), I mean cyclonic torpedoes

>Because it gave the Imperials a means to mount defense and functioned as a cork for the Eye.
It is the only way in, but also the only (safe) way out for an invasion
>I thought the warp knew its own.
When we're talking about a ship or two, maybe a small raiding fleet.

But when you're talking about the black legion fleet, with associated blackstone fortresses and planet killers you're going to need a stable way out.

Even Lorgar, the first fallen had to rely on warp pathways known only to daemons to get out of the Ruinstorm.

Abby destroying Cadia was his Rubicon, if the 13th fails he won't be able to mount another invasion
>>
>>52021002
Sangy and Horus.
>>
>>52021004
>When I say bombing I don't mean the real world definition of bombing (which would constitute a light dusting in 40k), I mean cyclonic torpedoes
Then fucking say so, m8! Of course Cadia wasn't """bombed""" then.
Also, the Eye has now expanded.
Honest question: Do they still need the Cadian gate now that the Eye is bigger and thus isn't limited by the same sector of space as before?
>>
>>52020968
He was a psyker and an arrogant smartypants.
A bit like Perty vs Dorn.

Russ loathed Magnus because Magnus could indulge in his own ego and image, whereas he always had to be the barbarian and the cold killer. A bit like how Perty imagined Dorn to be, except it was more accurate in Magnus' case.
>>
>>52021002

Horus got played like a damn fiddle.
>>
File: file.png (346KB, 416x378px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
346KB, 416x378px
>>52021031
Well the way the Cadian Gate functioned is that the pylons created a tunnel into the eye. Now that they're gone; there is no in or out. The only way for a new one to be made is if the eye of terror were to expand until it reaches another world with such pylons
>>
>>52020932
>Because it gave the Imperials a means to mount defense and functioned as a cork for the Eye.

And why was that, exactly?

I mean, if Chaos forced didn't have to give a shit about no safe passage, what good is Cadia when the Chaos forces can invade just as good through any other part of the Eye?

>I thought the warp knew its own.

How so? Are you saying Chaos ships are unaffected by the currents of the Warp and its storms?
>>
>>52021089
>Well the way the Cadian Gate functioned is that the pylons created a tunnel into the eye
Wait, what?

I'm not the guy you're discussing this with, and I've not read FoC, but wasn't the Eye of Terror caused by the Eldar, and the Pylons built long before the collapse of the Eldar empire and the creation of the eye?
>>
>>52021095
How do Chaos ships get around the warp? Do they use the Astronomicon too, or sorcery?
>>
>>52021089
There are other routes in and out, that's acknowledge even in old fluff. It's just that Cadia is by far the safest route for any fleet of notable size.
>>
>>52020968

Small guy rage.
>>
>>52021131
In the HH the gods where kinder to their new legion Followers and allowed all manner of warp fuckery.

In theory the Chaos ships have to have navigators or some equivalent pyschic tool to allow them to move through the warp with precision.
>>
>>52021128
Yes, the Cadian Gate wasn't intentionally built so, it was just a quirk of the pylons
>>
>>52021131
Some have Navigators. Some have sorcerers. Some have bound daemons. Some are daemons. Some don't give a fuck and go where the winds of Chaos take them.
>>
>>52021153
Yup. In old Necron fluff Eldard, I believe, has a vision of the C'tans' true plan for the galaxy: A pylon network stretching across the galaxy, cutting it off from the Warp. What effects this has for all the life in the galaxy I don't know. I remember some story having some Eldar encounter a facility with a more complete pylon network and when activated, all the Eldar just dropped dead, having been severed from the Warp. Is this something only psychic beings suffer or all things with souls, I don't know.
>>
>>52021128
This should be more to the point, the pylons where built to counter the psychic might of the Old Ones. They created the myriad of psychic races that exist today. Orcs, Eldar, Jakiro to name a few.
>>
>>52021002
guilliman
horus
The muster was nothing but a smokescreen.

inb4 implications of calth being lorgar's plan, rather than horus'
>>
>>52020858
>Jaghatai: "You've only got two options. Censure or Damnation."
Porque no los dos?
>>
>>52021251
I don't know whether it counts as being played if you're following the orders of a superior officer. Same for the loyalists at Istvaan. There's no 'play' when all you have to do is go 'I order you to go here'.
>>
>>52021365
I bet you felt no remorse about the white phosphorous.
>>
>>52021131
Depends on the legion. Some like the Night Lords or renegades who aren't too into the whole 'worship' thing use captured or traitor navigators.

Others just get the resident sorcerer to point them in the right direct, or stop and ask the daemons for directions.

I wouldn't imagine anything Chaos corrupted would use the Astronomicon, given that looking at it probably has a similar effect to staring into the sun.
>>
File: 1480904984586.gif (1016KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1480904984586.gif
1016KB, 500x270px
>>52021389
Bunch of women and children in a terrorist camp, something suspicious about that if you ask me.
>>
Did emps let out the void dragon to fight the rangdan? I'm worried.
>>
>>52021365
Well, it kind of is. Horus uses the excuse of a nuclear inspection with the word bearers to open up the ultramarine defenses, then springs the trap of the daemons before they have time to really prepare.

'course, the guys on calth don't retreat and end up winning so the analogy kind of falls apart
>>
So is the forgeworld of Zhao-Arkkad, source of the Praetor launcher, actually Prospero?
>>
>>52021571
I don't see why you would think that.
>>
>>52021571

Nope, it's a long way away. But they were close allies of Prospero, had their own Forge-Fane on Prospero and presumably equipped the Spireguard with Crassus and Praetors as well.
>>
>>52021617
Yeah, nvm, I was just reading further into the book and had my question answered. They just word it very confusingly the first time it shows up because they talk about the forge enclave without saying it's just an outpost of the forgeworld.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>tfw backlogged

Anyway, what are you working right now? These peltasts are kickass models, but damn is it slow going. Don't know how DGanon does it, focusing enough to actually start and finish a squad in one go is hard.
>>
>>52021525
He took something from the Noctus Labrynth to fight the Rangdan. We can only guess.
>>
>>52021699
messing around with Fulgarite Copper, I had hoped it would be less gold looking.
>>
File: detective trenchcoat.jpg (18KB, 228x367px) Image search: [Google]
detective trenchcoat.jpg
18KB, 228x367px
>>52021699
>Peltast Private Investigatus squad clad in trench coats
I didn't know I wanted this.
>>
>>52021398
Actually, a few of the fallen Navigator houses have learned to use the Eye of Terror as a proxy for the Astronomicon.
>>
>>52021699
That is a nice colour scheme.
>>
>>52021699
getting my second 20 man tacticals finished. Tamiya paint fumes are likely giving me cancer.
>>
File: 11.png (145KB, 287x239px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
145KB, 287x239px
>>52021699
I almost missed this guy.
Tell me about this guy
>>
>>52021753
At least with Citadel paints you know they are all pretty much child safe.
>>
>>52021699
Making a ten-man Mark 4 squad. Experimenting with the pouches and magnets, things I've been intimidated about before.
Both are tricky, but I like the look of the pouches when I can get them to fit somewhat flush. Unfortunately I fucked up the magnetisation for a heavy bolter and I'm not sure if I like magnetising whole arms, as I did for one sergeant.
>>
>>52021753
Drink your paint water to develop an immunity to it.
>>
File: If you know what I mean.png (277KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
If you know what I mean.png
277KB, 396x396px
>>52021807
It's the first and most important drink of the day
>>
File: image.jpg (930KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
930KB, 2592x1936px
>>52021734
>>52021750
Thanks! Now I know what I have to do; Axiarch Columbo. This could be interesting

>>52021767
Not much to tell, as of yet. I just like Field Police, and I figure that since IH we're all about discipline and strength, they'd fit pretty well. Really just a test to put on a chaplain or something later
>>
File: mortariderp.png (345KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mortariderp.png
345KB, 500x500px
>>52021807
>>52021843
>>
>>52021888

The trips are strong with this one.
>>
So what was the Emperor planning to do with psykers if his webway experiment succeeded?

Genocide everyone with those genes?
>>
>>52021862
>no orange helmet with rank stripe
would fail uniform inspection/10, report to the disciplinary officer's disciplinary officer
>>
Also what was Corax's beef with Magnus and the Librarius?

I understand Mortarian's beef because "muh alien-horror-of-a-stepfather and its relatives used warplore as part of their reign of terror over humanity on Barbarus", but what was Corax's problem?
>>
>>52021935
Oh, shit. Thanks for the spot
>>
>>52021981
it had to do with Corax being a pussy, just like every other problem Corax had
>>
>>52021981
Corax being risk averse likely. Corax like Curze only liked warfare on his terms.
>>
>>52021981
>what was Corax's problem?
presumably the fact that you can't really trust them, combined with the whole "psychic tyrants of the old night everywhere" stuff

psychics are loose cannons, and we already know what corax does to loose cannons
>>
File: Blades without hilts.png (273KB, 365x481px) Image search: [Google]
Blades without hilts.png
273KB, 365x481px
>>52021981
>Also what was Corax's beef with Magnus and the Librarius?
If you're using psychic powers then you aren't nuking civilians.
Siberia, or whatever it is called in 30k, used a lot of psychic powers, sorcery and some say even daemons against the Dust Clad. Also, Corax didn't quite opined on the Librarius.
He said Magnus should be punished by his legion's reckless use of psychic powers, which isn't quite saying no to the Librarius itself.
But I like this excerpt more.
I can't believe I'm already quoting the Inferno, what a day.
>>
File: field police.jpg (304KB, 840x610px) Image search: [Google]
field police.jpg
304KB, 840x610px
>>52021995
too late
>>
Why did the Emperor even bothered with Primarchs again? It seems that all he needed to do was copy 20 Voidian Septer.
>>
>>52022403
>Do not use my face as a step
>>52022412
>It seems that all he needed to do was copy 20 Voidian Septer.
Well, what do you think He retrieved from the Noctus Labrynth?
>>
I've been playing a shitload of MGS recently, so this resurgence in metal gear heresy memes pleases me

What would be the
>LIIIIQUIIIID
>BROOTHEEER
moment of the heresy
>>
So are Night Lords objectively the worst legion?
>>
>>52022477
Logar vs Gulliman likely.
>>
>>52022499
more like fulgrim versus ferrus
>>
>>52022509
That's more Anakin vs Obi-wan
>>
>>52022499
>>52022509
Y'all wrong
It'd be Horus vs Sanguinius
>>
>>52022536
No, it's [other primarch fight].
>>
Reposting my list from last thread, does it look like something you'd want to play against in a friendly setting?
Rite of War:Head of the Gorgon
Praetor, familiar, cataphractii, thunderhammer, MC, digilasers
Castrmen Orth

2x artificier apothecaries, 1 has augury scanner
7 man gorgon squad, 3 chainfists, familiar on sarge
Veteran squad, arti, power weapon, combi flamer on sarge, 2 combi flamers, 2 heavy flamers melta bombs
Veteran squad, arti, power weapon, combi-plas sarge, 3 combi plas, 2 plasma guns melta bombs

2Xrhino tacticals, arti sarge, dozer+combi-weapon on rhino, probably melta but maybe plasma

Deathstorm Drop pod, krak launchers, drop pod assault

2xvindicator squadrons, 2 vindicators with dozer blades and additional bolters

Mastadon Heavy Assault Transport
4 HK missiles, Super-Heavy Command Tank

Any thoughts on it? Primarily meant to be taken to narrative events and beer and pretzels games, plan is to suppress a large area with the deathstorm turn 1, so the mastadon can get into position to vomit out the veterans+ gorgons, and hopefully have the vindicators make it in to blow their load against side armour or any units that are exposed
>>
>>52022499
Nah, it's fulgrim vs ferrus.
Bobby G is raiden, with RISE of the Primarch being metal gear RISING.
I mean, both are about sword wielding blond guys made of roboparts fighting superpowerful guys who want to destroy the current social order and remake it in a way they like, and both wield a sword that doesn't belong to them against said super powered person.
>>
>>52022493
Yes, along with Raven Guard. Embrace the darkness of mediocrity
>>
>>52022557
>implying bob G oilman isn't big boss
>>
>>52022557
Raiden doesn't want to remake the current social order.
He's just earning bucks for his family, but turns out his only marketable skill is "Kills People".
>>
>>52022493
>Noctus Labrynth
Nope, it's SoH.
>>
>>52022557
Who's the Aaaaaarmstroooooooong then?
>>
>>52022596
Horus.

Got vision, surrounded by lunatics, and was always eager to make friends.
>>
>>52022596
Kor Phaeron obviously

>ITS WARP-MAGIC SON!
>>
>>52022651
Then Fulgrim's Sam? Shame either Laer or Firebrand are gone missing.
>>
>>52022582
Big Boss is Big E

Rogal is venom snake

it works, trust me
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>52022583
>Raiden doesn't want to remake the current social order
Of course not. Abby and armstrong do.
Roubute/raiden stop them
>>
>>52022493
No, the Raven Guard takes that spot.
>>
>>52022824
Is deep laugh lines and high cheekbone general Brittish fetish? Or GW's?
>>
File: Punished Guilliman.png (1MB, 850x860px) Image search: [Google]
Punished Guilliman.png
1MB, 850x860px
>>52022824
>Even the power weapon energy prongs
Nice
>>
>>52022493
Night Lords may be the worst legion during the heresy, since they actually had to fight fellow astartes on roughly fair terms, and couldn't bully and scare the enemy into submission. That's not their kind of fight.
>>
>>52022937
And yet they had the ability to give Volkite weapons to their troops.

Nice.

VERY NICE.
>>
>>52022985
Huh?
>>
>>52022933
Thanks.
I think the punished guilliman came out better.
Far easier to put scars and an eyepatch on booby G than it is editing down his massive cheek bones to fit raiden
>>
File: Alpharius exploitable.png (2MB, 873x876px) Image search: [Google]
Alpharius exploitable.png
2MB, 873x876px
>>52023026
You did a nice job on that one.
Say, do you think you can fix this one? Including all the tiny hidras? Maybe tomorrow, after you've had a nice sleep.
Have a good night, anon.
>>
File: Punished alpharius exploitable.png (2MB, 873x876px) Image search: [Google]
Punished alpharius exploitable.png
2MB, 873x876px
>>52023065
Kind of like this one.
>>
>>52023001
They have a unique unit choice that can be fielded with volkite weaponry, thats the type of stuff Legions like the Iron Hands should be doing exclusively.

I'm saying for pussy ass bitches, they sure had access to some advanced war material.
>>
What do you anons think of the Rangdan Xenocides?

The Rangdan must have been some sort of virulent xenos species, its surprising that it took a combination of 4-5 Legions to combat the threat. More so that the whole conflict was kept as a closely guarded secret, so much so that the Legions that participated in the conflict where stigmatized afterwards.

The likelihood of at least one of the lost Legions being disbanded due to the losses sustained isn't too far fetched with the new lore presented in Prospero Burns.
>>
>>52019813
Lorgar isn't batshit insane, Curze is for taking his own definition of justice and tattooing it onto his dick- to therefore "Justice"slap people's faces.

L O R G A R D I D N O T H I N G W R O N G
>>
How do I into HH boys?

My friend mentioned he basically just assembled a force from the Betrayal + Burning sets, but he's been building on it. Is that a good way (The best way?) to start into it?

As a 40k player, the only imperium interest I really have is Inquisitors, since they are off the hinge and can basically do anything they want. Is 30k going to just make me cry with sameness?
>>
>>52022824
>"And besides, this isn't my sword."

Come to think of it, where did the Gladius Incandor go and why didn't any Chapter Masters use the Hand of Dominion like Abby did?
>>
>>52023145
Choose a Legion, begin with two ten or twenty man tacticals and an HQ choice. Add to flavor.
>>
File: Know no fear.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Know no fear.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
>>52023162
>why didn't any Chapter Masters use the Hand of Dominion like Abby did?
Aren't Calgar's non-unwieldy power fists actually Guilliman's?
>>
>>52023079
If it was unit-wide, I'd agree, but it's not.
Besides, the legions as a whole can portion out their volkite weaponry to special weapons squads no problem.

>>52023123
I'm pretty sure Lorgar's dick is tattooed with all kinds of /d/-tier Slaaneshi memes, probably tattooed over the passages of the Lectitio Divinatus about sexual propriety and the duty of Imperial citizens to reproduce plentifully and responsibly.
>>
>>52023229
cont.
Well they are some chaos guy's, but again, Guilliman stole them from him back in the day.
>>
>>52023229
nope, they're lifted off some defeated chaos champion
>>
>>52023145
>Is 30k going to just make me cry with sameness?
Depends what you like and which legion you choose.
>>
>>52023250
hence they became Guilliman's in a finders-keepers way?
->>>52023247
>>
>>52023145
>since they are off the hinge and can basically do anything they want
We call them "Magos", and you have 16 flavours of them.
>>
File: image.png (280KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
280KB, 600x502px
>>52023065
Sure, I'll do that tomorrow.
Here's a senator abbadon though.
Not sure if "chaos blessings" is the best option, any suggestions would be nice
>>
>>52023257
One of my bigger concerns, having not really looked into 30k much, is that I know the "chapter" system isn't a part of the story pre-heresy, but do the legions have like "one acceptable color scheme"? Assuming you concern yourself with abiding the fluff, since obviously no one could tell me I can't paint my models however I please.
>>
>>52023291
I'm not one of those 500 Worlds pansies. I could break the primarch in two… with my bare hands. Don't fuck with this warmaster!
>>
All this MGS posting raiaes an important question: who is the solid snake of 40k?
>>
>>52023330
Well he sure broke Worldbreaker in two.
>>
>>52023317
>but do the legions have like "one acceptable color scheme"?
No, you can go nuts most of the time, there's usually some reason to do it so long as you leave some sort of thematic continuity with the "mainstream" coloration.
And even though "chapters" don't exist as independent entities or universally among the legions in post-codex layouts, in pretty much every legion there's subordinate groups that can have different colourings.
If you come here for advice, don't be discouraged, there's a hell of a lot of perpetually butthurt naysayers who get off on negativity. Someone will usually be able to come up with reasonings that make sense, unless the idea contradicts fluff entirely.
What legion were you thinking of and what colour scheme?

>>52023339
Dorn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2Zp4nwsFA
>>
File: Prospero Was Hell.png (730KB, 980x728px) Image search: [Google]
Prospero Was Hell.png
730KB, 980x728px
100hoursinmspaint
>>
>>52023427
>I'm just another tourist
>I bought this suit in the giftshop
>>
>>52023386
>What legion were you thinking of and what colour scheme?
Well, like I mentioned I haven't really looked into it terribly much. And in 40k I typically avoid marines in favor of almost.. every xenos, so I don't have a strong "back ground" knowledge of chapters I feel particularly strong about.

But my friend is rather stoked by the concept of the game, so I was thinking it might be worth at least having a standing force. I'm currently looking through the HH books to see what is different between the legions, or what is out there.

And debating if getting Calth + Burning is a good idea.
>>
>>52023439
They're only worth getting together if you're a loyalist and/or want to trade off the surplus parts or sell them on ebay.
Otherwise I'd recommend Calth more unless you like the aesthetic of Mark 3 or your list calls for Tartaros.
Good luck deciding what legion you like. Have you read any of the novels? I was already into the fluff long before I started the novels, so I don't know if they'd be a good introduction exactly.
>>
File: Ghosts of Prospero0001.jpg (367KB, 872x791px) Image search: [Google]
Ghosts of Prospero0001.jpg
367KB, 872x791px
>>52023438
>>
>>52023460
Hmm, Tartaros is the type of termi armor I gathered, and I've seen the Mk3 armor (Looks cool enough).

Any advice if I were perhaps catching an interest with the Night Lords? Like, if Burning would matter as much?
>>
>>52023579
It wouldn't be a downside at all really, if those are the style you prefer.

I would probably choose Calth if I was interested in NL, since they come with commanders that aren't tied to specific legions and roles, and a (clunkily posed) dreadnought instead of loyalist-only allied troops. And Cataphractii terminators are good for a certain type of tactic the Night Lords have access to.

That said, don't let any of that confuse you, pick which legion you want to play and which legion armour you find more aesthetically pleasing.
The only practical differences in terms of gameplay are:
>Calth's terminators are slower but better-protected
>Calth comes with two generic characters that are easily converted, and a dreadnought with basic options, and these can be used for any legion
>Prospero comes with two legion-specific special characters that are tricky to convert (if at all), and the allied troops that come with them can only be used with loyalist armies, but the thirty troops and five terminators are usable by every legion
>>
>>52019508
We're not tools of the Imperium or anyone else.

Sorcery was the only thing...

The only thing we we're ever good at...

But at least we always used sorcery for what we believe in.
>>
>>52023579
Tartaros Terminators can sweeping advance, while Cataphractii (in the Calth Box) can't but have a better invulnerable save. Assaulty vs. shooty.

BaC also gives you two characters, a Terminator Praetor (often used as a normal sergeant) and a power armored Chaplain (often converted to a praetor). Burning of Prospero's characters are very clearly a Space Wolf and a Thousand Son, so not very useful for other players.

And of course, Calth gives you the Contemptor instead of Custodes and Sisters of Silence. Pretty useful.

The different power armor styles are just aesthetic. Night Lords seem like more of a Mk IV (Calth) sort of legion though. In the fluff it's more mobile and has better targeting equipment, at the expense of frontal armor thickness.
>>
>>52021002
Sanguinius while returning from Signus.
>>
File: Vineum.png (198KB, 701x320px) Image search: [Google]
Vineum.png
198KB, 701x320px
What do you think of my OC? Is he overpowered?
>>
>>52021002
Magnus
Chaos

>We gave him visions of Horus' betrayal and he actually sent a manifestation of himself to warn the Emps on Terra thus ruining the Emps' project to free humanity from our grasp THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>52023753
He doesn't seem much different than a Moritat. If anything he's somewhat underpowered.
>>
>>52023753
he's certainly not very good
and by power weapon, do you mean axe, sword, or maul
>>
>>52023792
Sword. I should probably change that.
>>
>>52023753
HQs are inefficient anyway. Make them 200 points and you could give him any stats you want really.
>>
Starring:
Primarch "the Red" Magnus
Ahzek Ahriman

Enemy combatants:
The Vlka Fenryka

Guess starring:
The "SILENT" Sisterhood Unit

Written by:
Emperor of Mankind
Horus "the Warmaster" Lupercal
>>
>>52023892
Damn it Guest.

Not sure what would be SKULLS equivalent in HH
>>
>>52023902
Custards?
>>
>>52023697
>Assaulty vs. shooty
Mhmm. Are the different suits represented by different unit choices in the books, or an equipment upgrade for a unit?

Also, with the Night Lords, for example, is there a decent way to acquire Pistol + Sword marines for like their Terror squad? Or the Jump pack guys?

Or are those mostly the domain of going to Forge World?
>>
i think its time to remove gahlan surlak from the game
>>
>>52024000
Got hit by the ol' 3+++ ayy?
>>
>>52024007
not personally, but when every single WE army includes him because he's literally too good not to take, theres a problem
>>
>>52021089

No wonder caliban went traitor, it's the closest of all Legion homeworlds to the eye
>>
>>52023983
>Are the different suits represented by different unit choices in the books, or an equipment upgrade for a unit?
The Terminator entry says they can take those two or "standard" Terminator armor, which is called Indomitus but not in the red book. The differences are in the wargear section of that book. No points difference.

You really want to read the Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List (generic marines) and the Age of Darkness Legions (legion specific) books first so you can plan out your purchases. The coolest Night Lords list I've heard was discussed in the Radio Free Isstvan podcast, ep. 44, 3:33:40. It used the Sacrificial Offering rite of war.

>Pistol + Sword marines
>Or the Jump pack guys?

You should buy FW or GW weapon packs and use them with the BaC/BoP bodies. eBay's good for this. Volkite kits are popular for Terror Squads.
For jump pack guys I'd just buy them outright- jump packs on normal marines look bad because of the way their legs are posed.
>>
>>52023753
>Rites of Battle
What's this?
>no LA rule
?
>not even a character
??
>>
>>52024403
Which list was that? Mind you to post it?
>>
>>52023892

Featured Mecha
Canis Vertex
>>
>>52023753
Who is this?
>>
Why is Leman Russ so stupid?
>>
>>52024930
huur duur muh viking
>>
>>52024938
Its just an act!
>>
>>52024974
HURR. FUCKING. DURR.
>>
>>52024611
I'm not going to transcribe it, sorry.
>>
Can there be any 'competitive' Blackshield list?
>>
>>52024930
Because you, personally, don't like him.
>>
Bumping for lady bumps

2500 points of sisters of silence
The vehicles suit the sister aesthetic better than custodes and also they need the support

HQ
Krole
150 pts

Raptor Knight Cadre x10
Aquisitor
295 pts

Knight Centura
75 pts

Knight Centura
75 pts

Troops
Vigilator Cadre x10
Aquisitor
270 pts

Vigilator Cadre x10
Aquisitor
270 pts

Vigilator Cadre x10
Aquisitor
270 pts

Fast Attack
Pallas Squad x3
255 pts

Persuer Cadre
x3 Jackals, Meltagun, Aquisitor
225 pts

Persuer Cadre
x3 Jackals, Meltagun, Aquisitor
225 pts

Heavy Support
Pallas Grav Tank
195 pts

Pallas Grav Tank
195 pts

Total: 2500 pts

Krole goes with the Raptors, Centuras go with the Persuers
>>
>>52025030
How are you taking 4 HQs.
>>
>>52025030
I'd really like to see how this plays against TSons PotL Divination list.
>>
>>52025030
>buying meltaguns for BS2 models
But why?
>>
>>52025049
Raptor squad is an ipgrade to an elite slot
Forgot to move it back to elite when i was writing it down sorry
>>
>>52025018
not sure if viable but chymeriae +1 S & T

Forgelord, bike, rad grenades
outriders with plasma and PW

2 cortus with kheres (talon)

sniper veterans with 2 paria flamer

marauders with axe and meltas in rhino with MM or breachers with pariah bolters & meltas
5 man support with pariah flamer
5 man support with pariah flamer

Leviathan dread (deathblossom, as it'll be foot slogging)
>>
>>52025030
I assume the heavy support "pallas" tanks are calladiusesiusesss? If they're not, you're probably short on anti- heavytank. I'd be temped to give one of them the heavy 420 cannon anyway for the extra punch.
>>
>>52025082
Sniping flamers is such a silly rule. Not unbalanced - it's hard to be unbalanced when every legion can do it - but very, very silly.
>>
>>52025109
yes, and so is sniping barrage, but hey! i dont make the rules.

also torrent :)
>>
>>52025122
Nothing wrong with torrent.
>>
>>52025127
sniping flamer torrent is good for you then?
>>
>>52025131
Did I say anything about sniping torrent? Examine >>52025127 very very carefully.
>>
>>52024403
I'd like to see Heresy-Era Indomitus (especially when it's all that CSM termies wear bar Scarab Occult), but no-one ever uses it - is there any situation where it's not inferior to either Cataphractii or Tartaros?

I think it often looks a lot meaner than the others as well, but you'd probably get flak for it like if you'd put down Mk VII
>>
>>52025149

1 >>52025109
2 >>52025122
3 >>52025127
4 >>???
>>
>>52025192
You're doing it on purpose aren't you?
I said here >>52025127 that there was nothing wrong with torrent, I said nothing about sniping flamers.
>>
>>52020004
Principes Obvious here, you mean... Brass Scorpions of Khorne?
>>
Lets talk seekers: i have made 10 mk4 seekers, but how the hell do i make them look different from my sniper vets? so far, i have painted their helmets different, but what else could i do to make them stand out?
Alpha legion player BTW
>>
>>52025602
Wasn't 'looking all the same' the point of Alpha Legion?
>>
>>52025643
Sure, which is why i have modeled them the same

the practical problem comes on the table top, IE, they are easily confused for tacticles and vets.
>>
>>52025602
I gave mine scoped bolters and sternguard bandoleers.
>>
>>52025602
This>>52025643 But some subtle difference would be acceptable. Mine have black shoulderpads unlike all other units.
>>
>>52025662
is there an easy way to get lots of scopes cheap?

>>52025666
might go down this route, subtle works well
>>
>>52025674
Bits stores. 3rd party like Anvil Industry.
>>
File: Noice.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
Noice.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>52025682
>>52025666
Brilliant, i will give these a go, cheers anons
>>
File: AL_Seeker.jpg (318KB, 591x862px) Image search: [Google]
AL_Seeker.jpg
318KB, 591x862px
>>52025602
Painting them different goes a long way, as does scopes, extra ammo/ nades and maybe some skulls if you feel like it.
>>
>>52025165
>no-one ever uses it

I'm working on a squad >>51946435.
>>
>>52025165
>Indomitus
No thanks, why even use that shit when you got Tartaros and Cataphractii.
>>
>>52025830
Because you prefer the way it looks?
>>
>>52025837
>>
>>52025165
>is there any situation where it's not inferior to either Cataphractii or Tartaros?
nope

Indomitus is tartaros without the ability to sweep. It is worse in literally any situation.
>>
>>52025830
Because some of us play fluffy, WAACfag.
>>
>>52025830
Alright each to their own, I'm not one of them for sure.

>>52025897
The other marks are more fluffy and background friendly, even if Indomitus is fluffy in some cases as well. The other marks also look aesthetically more fitting for the Horus Heresy.
>>
File: The_Dude.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Dude.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>52025928
>The other marks are more fluffy and background friendly, even if Indomitus is fluffy in some cases as well. The other marks also look aesthetically more fitting for the Horus Heresy.
>>
>>52025928
>The other marks are more fluffy and background friendly
Cataphractii was one it's way out, and Tartarus was only a couple of hundred suits per legion.
>>
File: tda-fluff.jpg (225KB, 955x720px) Image search: [Google]
tda-fluff.jpg
225KB, 955x720px
>>52025928
Tartaros is the least fluff of them all, it's just some FW OC donut steel eggmen they whipped out of their asses and forced into the setting as their Mary Sue best of the best, none can compete suits. Cataphractii and Indomitus style suits have been in HH for eons before the tartaros even came about.

People just don't like Indomitus because of elitism.
>>
>>52026036
You forgot to switch out the picture of Napoleon.
>>
>>52026036
>People just don't like Indomitus because of elitism.
I don't like it because it looks ugly.
>>
>Leman Russ
>Russ
>Russia
Is Fenris not space Norway/Denmark but space Russia?
>>
>>52026212
Only if you think Horus is Space Egypt you asshat.
>>
>>52026223
Russia was originally Vikings though.
>>
2k taghmata list, based on models I have for an upcoming local league

+Magos Prime (archmagos, ordinator, jetpack, cyber familiar, mastercrafted photon thruster) 235
+Secutarii Axiarch 60

+10 Tech Thralls (rite of pure thought) 50
+6 Thallax (2 x photon thrusters) 305
+10 Secutarii Hoplites 130
+19 Secutarii Peltasts (galvanic casters, kinetic hammershot rounds) in a Triaros 411

+Krios Battle Tank 125
+Krios Battle Tank 125
+Krios Venator 150

+Indentured Knight Lancer 400

Mission is set as Tide Of Carnage so all tanks and superheavy walkers count as scoring.
>>
>>52026356
>all tanks and superheavy walkers count as scoring
Whose idea was that? Why not just tell everyone "No infantry allowed"?
>>
>>52026356
Either drop the hoplites or adsecularii, since theres currently an overlap there
Peltasts are better for points using rad-rifles not hammershot
Krios BTs are irredeemable trash, bring literally anything else

I would swap out my 2x regular krios, adsec and hoplites, take the jetpack from my magos and make a regular grav party bus
>>
>>52026398
Whoever organised it, so far it's been really hit and miss, last round was some Shadow Warission where you won by killing the enemy warlord with your warlord. Pretty much every game came down to one or two dice rolls in a challenge and the rest of the armies just stood around.
>>
>>52026404
Different anon, but krios BTs are trash? They seemed solid, if not as good as a vindicator, to me. An S7 AP3 large blast is going take make a dent in powerarmourhammer, surely?
>>
Question about Vets. How much is too much? They're one of those units that can easily hit crazy amounts of points because every guy can take a PW and/or Combi on top of a special weapon for every 5. Like, if I wanted to pod in some tank hunting vets, should I go 8 combi and 2 melta/plasma, or should I just stick to the 2 special weapons? Should I only use a 5 man squad for that? Likewise, if I wanted an assaulty unit of vets charging from a Claw, should I go full ham on special weapons, or would I be better off keeping a few vanilla to keep costs down?
>>
File: Expendables Arvus 6.jpg (1MB, 2966x1738px) Image search: [Google]
Expendables Arvus 6.jpg
1MB, 2966x1738px
>>52026356
Personally, I'd cut the Krios out, switch your Magos to a Reductor one with Machinator instead of jetpack, split the Thallax into 2x3 and run Reductor, since then you can ignore terrain with your scoring tanks.
Then take a couple El Cheapo Vindicators or Medusae with the saved points. Photon Thrusters on Thallax are a bit worse than just leaving them stock and buying them Destructor, I've found, since you want them tank hunting.

Knight-Lancer is probably not as good as a hueg artillery battery here, although if you want it, sure.

So:

Cut the vanilla Krioae and the Adsec, split the Thallax, make the Magos a Reductor one and buy some arty for him to buff. Give the Hoplites an Arvus, too. Sexy, sexy Arvus.

>>52026466

It's serviceable, but at S7 it doesn't ID and at AP3 it's prone to being blocked by AA sarges. It's basically a worse Leman Russ MBT at that point, and compared to 115 pt PotMS Vindicators they don't hold up too well. They eat Marines in the open, sure, but you have better choices for that.
>>
Anyone made any custom (Arch)Magi? I'm looking to convert most of mine since there's only 3 models of them and two are Domini, anyone done similar?
>>
>>52026466
If you expect to see any exposed power armour in games where tanks are scoring and people can take artillery, you have rocks in head. Not only that, but its stopped by termie/AA units/regular seargeants, and can't ID characters or 2w units. It's not good.
>>
File: Xana's Icon.png (991KB, 683x967px) Image search: [Google]
Xana's Icon.png
991KB, 683x967px
>>52025486
Huh? That's a Knight Porphyrion, the biggest knight yet, with the emblems of Malinax (triple tailed scorpion) and Xana (Bearversor skull)
>>
File: legion-list-pg-46.jpg (51KB, 417x240px) Image search: [Google]
legion-list-pg-46.jpg
51KB, 417x240px
>>52026211
And I don't like the tartaros because it looks like an egg, yet neither makes them unfluffy.
>>
>>52026212
"Viking" means raider.
There's also this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kievan_Rus'
>>
>>52026404
>>52026507
Thanks anons, I'll have another look at it. Most of my opponents will be PA, potentially one custodes guy who's already bought a tonne of extra resin.
>>
File: tda-fluff.jpg (243KB, 955x720px) Image search: [Google]
tda-fluff.jpg
243KB, 955x720px
>>52026088
Better?
>>
>>52026592
If there's a good chance of running into Custodes you certainly need artillery, it's pretty much the best answer to hordes of T5 W2 Terminators.
Also, look at slapping some Cyber-Occularis on your Archmagos, since you can Intercept any Valdor/Orbital Assault/Perturabo Reserves/Whatever attempts and even if that's not happening, send them near the enemy to slash their cover dramatically for your big guns. They look pricy, but they are unreasonably helpful. Also give you 4 flying Nuncio-Voxes and a cognis-signum for 25 points, for when you don't want that shiny, shiny Krios Venator missing like a pleb Astartes and their BS4.
>>
>>52026561

I actually like the look of Tarts, and I need to get some more for my 8th army, though I'm apprehensive because there's a rumor of Atramentar coming. That might not be for awhile, though.
>>
>>52026638
>I actually like the look of Tarts

And I don't personally fault you for having an objectively shit taste and literally the worst armourfu.
>>
>>52025792
With a topknot like that, Sons of Horus?
>>
File: onions.png (283KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
onions.png
283KB, 624x480px
>>52026688
SW. I'm just giving my terminators top knots because that's what terminators had in old HH art regardless of legion.
>>
>>52022675
IIRC, the Laer blade was given to Lucius. It's just an alright sword after the daemon vacated it, though. Fulgrim probably still has the Fireblade.
>>
>>52026628
Yes.
>>
>>52026681
>worst armourfu
But MkV power armour exists.
>>
>>52026749
>resin FW armour
>worst
>when inferior plastic poorfag shit exists
>>
>>52026776
>implying
>>
>>52026713
>Leman, did you deal with that planet of nerds yet ?
>Don't worry dad, I got the best knots on the case
>What knots ?
>Top. Knots.
>>
File: 13th-great-company.jpg (52KB, 790x336px) Image search: [Google]
13th-great-company.jpg
52KB, 790x336px
>>52026814
>>
>>52026833
>t-these knots were made for me!
>>
>>52026713
>>52026814
tie the knot
>>
File: Take the knot.png (226KB, 1536x1058px) Image search: [Google]
Take the knot.png
226KB, 1536x1058px
>>52026976
Better take it
>>
>>52027002
That poor anon.
>>
>>52026713
I find it a bit interesting that art is one of the very few non-war things Marines get to have an interest in - it's a little touch of humanity for them, when there's so little else left.
>>
Is there anywhere I can get a transfer sheet for Luna Wolf designs? I want my guys to be pre-heresy, and I don't see sheet for in on Forge World.
>>
On a scale from St.Duncan to Erebrus, how much of a That Guy would I be if I brought this list to a game?

Astartes 1000pts
Rite: armoured breaktrough
Legion: who cares

Hq:
Master of armour
Predator, pred.cannon, Pintle HB, sponson Las, potms (maybe extra armour)

Damocles

Troops
3x preds w/hb sponsons

Heavy
2x fire raptors with reaper batteries and Hellstrikes (who happen to be heavy 1 sunder in 30k)

The damocles gives +1 to reserves, and as fire raptors can deepstrike, they won't scatter when DSing within 24" of the damocles, guaranteing perfect positioning.
>>
>>52027275
Depends if your opponent was told you're bringing nothing but tanks and two planes.
>>
File: Vulkan.jpg (131KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Vulkan.jpg
131KB, 600x600px
Friendly reminder, VULKAN LIVES
>>
>>52027300
I could see that pic as his sunday attire
>>
>>52027152
Its out of production :-((((
>>
>>52027300
>>52027311
So what's the book then?
>>
>>52027275
The goto counter to that for my Admech would need about two or three Vulturax, Thallax squads with tank-hunting loadouts and an Archmagos to give it all Interceptor. That's completely useless against any other list, really. Not so much the predators as the flyers, honestly, since one flyer that tough and shooty is a dick move at 1k IMO, let alone two. I barely have that much Anti-air in my 3k list.
>>
File: Preferred Enemy (Salamanders).jpg (109KB, 700x449px) Image search: [Google]
Preferred Enemy (Salamanders).jpg
109KB, 700x449px
>>52027300
>>
File: Luna_Wolves_Centurion_Mk_II.jpg (231KB, 420x673px) Image search: [Google]
Luna_Wolves_Centurion_Mk_II.jpg
231KB, 420x673px
>>52027338
Why?
Also is it possible to run the majority of a force in mk II? I want them to be the old guard of the legion.
>>
>>52027366
>The goto counter to that for my Admech
There's little you cannot counter with the correct Admech entry
>>
What do you think about Thousand Sons Legion Tactical Support Squads equipped with rotor cannon with Asphyx Shells ?

Is that a good loadout ?
>>
>>52027428
Sure, but its gonna cost a liver and a left nut.

Plastic mkII next box pls.
>>
>>52027444
Yep. For 200p, they can mulch a 5-man tactical squad easily per turn.
>>
>>52027444
Again, mind reminding me why must the wizard legion that comprises a single city and a forgefane get better munitions than the 500 worlds or the Munitorum legion?
>>
File: react to this.png (97KB, 532x87px) Image search: [Google]
react to this.png
97KB, 532x87px
>>52027513
>>
>>52027513
Presumably all the IW munitions are for Typhon Dreadhammer cannons, shells for Ironfire, those shitty IW-specific bolter bullets and their weaponry for Siege Terminators (also clearly what the 500 worlds spends their time on making)

The TS being a small legion may actually help
>>
>>52023114
I believe others pointed out they were mind controllers of some sort, or their collective had them among their ranks.

All in all it's pretty interesting and the justification that a legion got crushed in that titanic conflict, not knowing what they were getting themselves into with mind control and all that, is pretty dank. Considering the executioner title and severe losses I'd imagine there being more in universe chatter about it, like another anon pointed out, it was Siemens's,what of a great crusade "Vietnam" type clusterfuck, pretty sure those destroyer fellas involved and veterans coming out would have a word to say about the vile horrors they xenocided in that conflict.
>>
>>52027513
Why bother manufacturing complex specialist ammo for your men when you're just going to feed those dudes into the grinder?
>>
>>52027395
>that filename
Lunaman approves.
>>
My group doesn't really tend to fluff up their dudes much, but I figured I may as well for myself a little. I've always had them as mid-late heresy World Eaters with the red and white color scheme but that's kinda where it ends. Now I'm trying to figure a decent name for my Praetor. Not very good at names though...best thing I could come up with was something like Sharrkrend. Then I realized that's just Shark Rend, which is yiff-tier stupid. How do you guys come up with names?
>>
>>52027544
>limited their deployment
>you get multiple ways to have these on your troops
>>
>>52027552
>I'd imagine there being more in universe chatter about it,
It's mentioned that the Emperor himself got involved (maybe directly, it's made very murky on purpose) and some of the things we know about the Speakers for the Dead imply mind-wipes - much like the fate of the missing legions (which this may well involve), it seems like there's probably a big Emperor-enforced "don't talk about this"

Given the rumours of the Lost Legion, it'll quite possibly take the Horus Heresy's old place of the "biggest conflict no-one knows about", with the added bonus that the survivors aren't around 10'000 years later
>>
File: Untitled.png (334KB, 630x371px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
334KB, 630x371px
>>52027579
And leviathans are rare in the fluff, so there shouldn't be 1-2 of them in every army. What's your point?
>>
File: Meratara Cluster.png (162KB, 334x316px) Image search: [Google]
Meratara Cluster.png
162KB, 334x316px
>>52027546
Small legions are easier to arm, but develop stuff a bit slower even if they all have PhDs, which the IW also had.
I suppose Mechanicum playerrs are also happy their Castellax are available to yet another legion
>>52027560
Why bother with complex specialist ammo if you're just going to use mindbullets?
>>
>>52027623
>And leviathans are rare in the fluff, so there shouldn't be 1-2 of them in every army
But there aren't?
Is your meta the fucking Leviathan production center or something?
>>
>>52027567
I look at ancient history from parts of Terra I find interesting and warp certain names (not necessarily of people) into 40k pig-latin/funetik English.
Maybe that might only be applicable for the Fists because of their Blood Raven-style of recruiting, but the WE didn't really recruit from Nuceria, did they, so they were basically a fleet-based force, were they not?

>>52027623
Expending one or two Leviathans in life-or-death near-suicide missions during the make-or-break war to decide the galaxy's fate is not really breaking the fluff. Much more than one or two magazine's worth is expended by your average veteran squad, much less terminator combi-bolters.
>>
File: Grass-Is-Greener.jpg (40KB, 447x221px) Image search: [Google]
Grass-Is-Greener.jpg
40KB, 447x221px
ITT: jealous bitter boys.
>>
>>52027625
I find it not unreasonable that "more munitons reserves than several legions combined" for the fairly large IW, puts the Sons as one of those legions counted.

Add legions that don't go in for heavy artillery much and other small ones and you could easily get that without it being quite as impressive.

Also the Mechanicum on Prospero weren't huge but they were dedicated to supporting a legion that wanted psychic-radioactive ammo
>>
>>52027672
>Perty: "I should salt my fields for not being as good as the other one"
>>
File: grand-wizard.jpg (364KB, 800x903px) Image search: [Google]
grand-wizard.jpg
364KB, 800x903px
>>52027565
>>
>>52027615
On the other hand the big E himself telling people to shut up about it or not mention it could fuck with overall demeanor of the legions involved, quite fitting.

I'm wondering if FW willl ever do some great crusade era xenon or at least tell us what they looked like and have rules for them. Would be pretty fucking cool to do some sort of a xenocide campaign with your dudes.
>>
File: IW engineering.png (2MB, 1076x1122px) Image search: [Google]
IW engineering.png
2MB, 1076x1122px
>>52027672
>Add legions that don't go in for heavy artillery much and other small ones
The three smallest legions combined already outnumber the UM at 270000+, not to mention how the books have excerpts about how legions people think lacked ranged and siege options did have them.
>>
>>52027667
Not a bad way to do it. I had just looked at existing character names and looked at what letters and sounds they shared. Shabran Darr, Endryd Haar, Kauragar. But then I ended up with Sharrkrend...I'll try your way. I think Kharn's name is Arabic, but is he himself is from what is modern day Eastern Europe, so there's somewhere to start.
>>
>>52027567
I usually go on something like "behind the name" or whathaveyou, look up names from the Legion's cultural basis, and then mess them up if needed, although it isn't always.
>>
File: DG28.jpg (487KB, 980x1306px) Image search: [Google]
DG28.jpg
487KB, 980x1306px
Finished my Chaplain. The icon on the round shoulder thing is supposed to be a skull with a laurel.
>>
>>52027513
Coz IW were so loyal to the tried and tested ways of warfare they never had an interesting in changing things up with some really quite magical ammo.

>why would the soldiers 2/3rds defined by both being casualty-conscious obsessive and hoarders, acquirers, and users of knowledge, go out of their way to develop new technology to give their men an edge?

Question that should be asked is why the inventor Primarch Pertuarabo didn't invent even more cool shit for his men, not why did other legions come up with stuff.
>>
>>52027428
Be my guest, i think it looks great in their colors
>>
>>52027761
The books do also state when legions don't have much of those things though - the SW in Inferno, for example, aren't much in the way of besiegers
>>
>>52027806
honestly he looks more like a terminator sergeant than a hero
>>
>>52027806
I know you've said in the past that you didn't especially want your consul dudes to stand out, but there's really nothing about this dude that says "chaplain" to me. Your apothecary was subtle, but it was clear what he was; this dude just seems like a normal commander (doesn't help that skulls are a fairly common decoration, especially on death guard).

Sorry.
>>
>>52027766
Yeah. I've been drawing from obscure history (not big names like the Romans, Greeks, Nordic Pantheon, etc) and tying it back to Terra or made-up fantasy planet equivalents of the time and place I had in mind.
If a name is not really obscure, you can try twisting it around and adding a few letters and syllables while keeping the "sound" of the orginal.
>>
>>52027672
Haven't you heard, whining about the nerd legion is what all the cool guys do these days.
>>
>>52027855
This is the best guide on how to name characters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haT1yOrEtRs
>>
>>52027850
>>52027854
Yes the point is that the DG themselves know who is who. Skull emblem on a black background plus a couple of crossed scythes I think is enough to mark a chaplain or other VIP within the legion.
>>
>>52027821
>Question that should be asked is why the inventor Primarch Pertuarabo didn't invent even more cool shit for his men, not why did other legions come up with stuff.
Well, the fluff describes the Olympia-Pattern Bolt Cannon of the Tyrant Domitars as a pattern the Iron Warriors could "easily produce".
Sadly the rules for them came out long after the basic Castellax and Mechanicum rules, so there's no option to swap the Mauler Bolt Cannon for the Olympia, which would be an interesting change since the Olympia trades one point of strength and one of AP for two extra shots and 12" extra range. Moar dakka, essentially.
>>
File: Page86-7.jpg (5MB, 5224x3528px) Image search: [Google]
Page86-7.jpg
5MB, 5224x3528px
>>52027821
That stuff about having lots of cool big shooty toys mentioned >>52027761 is mostly relegated to the fluff for the moment, but it does have me thinking - do we see any vehicle or artillery piece generally thought of as "non-legion" (with Basilisks and Medusa not counting, as we know they exist in "legion" pattern) in the books anywhere outside the Iron Tenth?
>>
>>52027439
Yep, and I'm glad of that, local meta is quite varied. Being versatile doesn't make you unstoppable gods of warfare in any given battle, though, and that's a lot of flying hull points. I can't hit it with the vast majority of my stuff, too, and unlike the Legions I can't just take a bunch of Mortis dreads.

>>52027625

I'm not happy, I can tell you that. I'm mostly cross because the Legions don't just get them, they get them BETTER and offer almost nothing in return besides the chance to ally in Dreadnoughts if you want to pay the rather high troop tax. If Mech could take all the Legion tanks and such you bet they'd be angry.

>>52027643

Mine is, certainly. Lots of those, and lots of Spartans. Once, two of each at 3k, which was a very short game because Lightnings and Secutors are in fact a thing, and become more of a thing when given Interceptor. Me and the other guys I play with mostly are bored of that, at least.

>>52027428

If they're painted like that it would be nice. Sexy, sexy MK2.
>>
File: Scorpius Whirlwinds.png (225KB, 294x509px) Image search: [Google]
Scorpius Whirlwinds.png
225KB, 294x509px
>>52027766
WE names be like Harr harr harr!
Combining ayllabes is good too, Shendragar
>>52027842
Don't you find it weird the ones that comissioned the Whirlwind Scorpius don't really use them, just the way they also don't use the tanks that have their Primarch's name?
>>
>>52027906
Well, if you're happy I suppose. Just remember to tell your opponent what he is at the start of the game, and most people won't guess.
>>
>>52027992
>just the way they also don't use the tanks that have their Primarch's name?
I did find that a bit odd, and the Whirlwind thing too now you point it out - especially as, going by the legends of the oldfags, the Space Wolves as a chapter used to be able to field at least certain varieties of Russes
>>
>>52027957
>unlike the Legions I can't just take a bunch of Mortis dreads.
Imagine allying the Hammer of Olympia just for the sake of bringing two Deredeos and a Mortis.
IDK, perhaps Vultarax are enough when massed, as they're damn hard to kill.
>>
File: exterminatoratorus.jpg (200KB, 1380x639px) Image search: [Google]
exterminatoratorus.jpg
200KB, 1380x639px
>>52028058
>especially as, going by the legends of the oldfags, the Space Wolves as a chapter used to be able to field at least certain varieties of Russes
Correct
>>
>>52027947
Baneblade variants don't count, right
>>
>>52027992
>don't really use them

What do you mean "don't really use them"?
>>
>>52027890
Kek.

>>52027947
There was an Ultramarines Shadowsword and I think a Word Bearers Baneblade in Know No Fear.
>>
>>52028048
I just like to keep things simple and subtle. 40k at least nowadays has far too much bling on models and thats also why I prefer 30k. And Death Guard are one of those legions that really don't care that much about symbols and ornaments.
>>
>>52027947
Clan Ungavarr have such a cool symbol. It's a shame you'd probably get accused of being an alpha memester if you did use it.
>>
File: Page54-5.jpg (5MB, 5256x3522px) Image search: [Google]
Page54-5.jpg
5MB, 5256x3522px
>>52028101
Kinda iffy I think - Fellblades and variants are clearly legion specific, but baneblade variants are in some kind of middle ground (see "unknown provenance") - what members of the baneblade family do you have/were you thinking of?
>>
>>52028104
Well, sort of. Scorpius aren't actual artillery, just tanks. Same for Medusa artillery tanks, just tanks.
>>52028159
The SoH Legion reserve Shadowsword in page 59
>>
>>52028061
Vulturax are slightly less hard as nails now, although they're still totally badass. Why ally that RoW? It taxes you an extra Troops choice and a Warsmith or Siege Breaker. You could just take vanilla and buy Extra Armour if you really need it. I would probably go Iron for allies, so you can have Dreads and Orth in some shiny tank as your HQ. Currently using my allies slot for far too many Levies, though.
>>
>>52028218
*Iron HANDS as allies, unless someone merged the two together for maximum autism since I last looked at the Legions. Damn phoneposting.
>>
File: Falchion.jpg (100KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
Falchion.jpg
100KB, 800x680px
>>52028211
So it is - I just have a folder of the page images, at first I thought it a falchion - but other than 'blades and muhreenified 'blades, do we see anything unusual in the HH books?
I can't really recall any
>>
>>52027992
>>52028104
I think he's getting confused by the "no artillery" rule for the SW Rite of War. It applies to rapiers basically, but not even the Basilisk and Medusa "tanks", and IIRC only within that rite of war.
>>
>>52028211
Exactly. With both SW RoWs denying the use of Artillery units, Whirlwinds, Medusas and Basilisks should be even more common in SW armies when it comes to barrage weapons.
>>
>>52027947
That turrent dude got Iron Balls.
>>
>>52028241
>merged the two together for maximum autism
Apparently that was Death Guard and Iron Warriors (and especially their primarchs) getting merged to form as single phospex-artillery obsessed legion led by Autismo

*from a previous thread
>>
File: hfauiowghioqh.jpg (119KB, 868x647px) Image search: [Google]
hfauiowghioqh.jpg
119KB, 868x647px
Found another
>>
>>52028290
The serf?
Damn right he does
>>
>>52028300
Dank nemes bro.
>>
>>52028300
FW not proofreading aint nothing new
>>
File: Krieg sieges.png (377KB, 459x321px) Image search: [Google]
Krieg sieges.png
377KB, 459x321px
>>52028218
>>52028241
For the extra Deredeo, mainly

>>52028285
>Exactly. With both SW RoWs denying the use of Artillery units, Whirlwinds, Medusas and Basilisks should be even more common in SW armies when it comes to barrage weapons
>>52027842
>the SW in Inferno, for example, aren't much in the way of besiegers
I almost got you :^)
I want a bit of quality for the IW's quantity.
But no one ever will surpass the Kriegers at the Siege.
If only it existed the way it is in 30k...
>>
>>52028300
Memesor plate
>>
What roles would be available for a Thousand Sons who didn't have any sort of psychic ability?
>>
File: DEATH HAD COME.png (2MB, 922x1186px) Image search: [Google]
DEATH HAD COME.png
2MB, 922x1186px
>>52028295
>Apparently that was Death Guard and Iron Warriors (and especially their primarchs) getting merged to form as single phospex-artillery obsessed legion led by Autismo
My two favourite legions. I'd cum buckets.
Of phosphex.
>>
File: wolf-memes.jpg (262KB, 933x769px) Image search: [Google]
wolf-memes.jpg
262KB, 933x769px
>>52028300
>TS got nemes
>SW got memes
>>
File: Hades Drill.jpg (25KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Hades Drill.jpg
25KB, 600x620px
>>52028342
>I almost got you :^)
I thought their answer was genuinely to assault rather than to go in with bombardment and heavy armour?

Pic related should be some sort of option for IW - I'm sure I even read about them using it in one of their battle things
>>
File: the blood is memes.png (310KB, 305x388px) Image search: [Google]
the blood is memes.png
310KB, 305x388px
>>52028384
BA represent!
>>
>>52028382
I imagine that while the proportion of psykers would be high in the TS, it wouldn't be close to 100%, probably a sizeable chunk of the legion was "normal" marines as a result.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>52028342
>Artillery shells are not free, guardsman.
>Given the same result with one half of the cost, the Emperor will have saved a massive amount of His most sacred ammunition and almost five years of time, during which His artillery may be bombarding an entirely different city.
>>
>>52028295
May as well toss Ferrus in there too, give each individual Phosphex crewman IWND after he's finished augmenting them.

>>52028342

I don't know, I think the"quality siege engagements" thing is the Ordo Reductor. They're much more specific about what gets exploded, and their troops are both expendable AND powerful, and have jetpacks. Also, much better to clone your cannon fodder rather than grow geneseed relatively slowly and then armour it in expensive battleplate. I'm surprised Perty never asked some Genetors to make him even more expendable dudes.
>>
>>52028384

Space Wolves, a legion comprised entirely of Monsoons.

>>52028408

I was trying to figure out if they would be relegated to being just a line warrior that had no prospect of advancement or semi-exiled like the Terran XIX legionaries because Corax was mad about Terra.
>>
File: 1478072754314.jpg (49KB, 472x645px) Image search: [Google]
1478072754314.jpg
49KB, 472x645px
>>52028295
>>
>>52027890
You know, video seems like a joke but it makes sense. Take Vladimir, add a WE suffix, Vladrogarr. EZ. I like it.
>>
File: 1487506614507.jpg (104KB, 650x822px) Image search: [Google]
1487506614507.jpg
104KB, 650x822px
>>52028391
I think the DG used them in HH1.
The Iron Guard (X)IVth further merges!
Pert and Morty
>>
>>52028428
I still don't get the thing about Corax recruiting only from Deliverance. The first batch of ex-convicts will have been toughened up by the environment, making good stock for marines, but how could the place still produce loads of suitable candidates for the legion after it had been liberated?
>>
>>52028428
Given that advancement to the higher echelons of the Legion seem highly dependent on psychic prowess, I imagine the non-psykers getting stuck in the line companies, maybe as sergeants, but mostly as warriors.
>>
>>52028391
>some fucking homo drill
>not the Mole, Termite or Hellbore

Your drill is not the drill that will pierce the Heavens.
>>
>>52028415
>May as well toss Ferrus in there too, give each individual Phosphex crewman IWND after he's finished augmenting them.
I wish

I do hope there's some battle where IW, IH and DG all fought together in a grim artillery and exotic muniton-laden slugfest.

They easily make 3 of my top 5 legions, though I don't know where I put the IW in there (IF and DA are the other two, I have a thing for shields and ZM)
>>
File: Magnus at Prospero.jpg (284KB, 1324x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus at Prospero.jpg
284KB, 1324x1000px
>>52028382
>These sad saps. They come to Prospero thinking they're gonna be captains of the psyker covens, but they all forget that somebody's gotta shoot the bolters. What an angle they gave me... I hand these mugs a boltgun and a set of armour, and they give me their lives. Who needs a star cluster when I got Magnus' Thousand Sons?
Bioshockposting can be fun too
http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Sad_Saps
>>
>>52028486

The Space Wolf at the bottom looking directly at the camera is breaking character.
>>
File: Perturabo Regimental Standard.png (87KB, 859x481px) Image search: [Google]
Perturabo Regimental Standard.png
87KB, 859x481px
>>52028481
DA ZM?
>>52028415
>I'm surprised Perty never asked some Genetors to make him even more expendable dudes.
What's more expendable than penal legions?
Also, the IW had OR-tier munitions too, just not quite the same but that still sets it over several legions.
And the OR doesn't just use cloned cannon fodder.
Manpower is the most abundant resource of the Imperium, so they're not lacking in bodies they can lobotomize (Thralls) or augment (Thallax).
>>
>>52028481
You have similar taste in Legions to me, then, although I would swap out DA for Emperor's Children because someone has to do the surgical work sometimes. Those three, fighting against some Dark Forgeworld in the Crusade, with Ordinatii and Titans everywhere. Best battle.

>>52028486

Nice taste in vidya. Probably somewhere in the galaxy there's some Magos like Gilbert Alexander from #2. Floating mutated thing in a nutri-tank.

>>52028560

>What's more expendable than penal legions?

Cloning vats producing hordes of insane lobotomised chumps? Don't have to listen to them bitch, they won't break when storming breaches and they're cheaper because you can just mass-produce them before a fight. Your army is entirely determined by how fast you can rip the local flora apart for nutrient goop.

They had lots of stuff on par with the usual OR arty battery, but not the more esoteric stuff. Iron Warriors are sledgehammer, Reductor is bodkin crossbow bolt. Not short of manpower overall, but it helps when the troops can be stored as vats of chemicals Tyranid style in between campaigns.
>>
>>52028560
>DA ZM?
They have: The Deathwing (specialising in Terminator ops, at least in 40k), the Stormwing (specialising in boarding ops with sword and shield, literal space marines in the very oldest sense of "marines"), and the Dreadwing (who bring all the 1st Legion's prohibited Old Terran weapons to the fore) - I think they do okay at ZM stuff with all of that
Additionally the DW have one of the premier legion fleets, up there with the IF and LW
>>
>>52028697
>Cloning vats producing hordes of insane lobotomised chumps? Don't have to listen to them bitch, they won't break when storming breaches and they're cheaper because you can just mass-produce them before a fight. Your army is entirely determined by how fast you can rip the local flora apart for nutrient goop.
What I think they do is they both grab millions of already-made people AND nutrient goop ingredients and make double the soldiers both of us are arguing about, and send them to do whatever they need.

>They had lots of stuff on par with the usual OR arty battery, but not the more esoteric stuff.
Chill, anon. That's pretty much what I also said. They have "command of weapons and war engines unseen outside of the ranks of the Mechanicum's Ordo Reductor", including "rare gravitic munitions". They're somewhat below the OR themselves, but that's a high as fuck bar on itself.

It's the whole Servitor argument all over again.
Some are vat grown, other are convicts, the Magos don't care about neither as long as they do their job, and the Lachimallus will make them work no matter what.
Also, I'm gonna beat the Bioshocks one after the other in a Marathon. The first one is too damn easy for my taste. I'm rich, scavenging is now useless as my pockets are full and I'm klling almost everything with only a fucking wrench as if I was a Flesh Tearer, and what kills me is my own stingyness about not using medkits.
>Mad Genetor Alexander
Wew

>>52028719
Right, I forgot about the Breacherwing.
Can the Ravenwing come alongside the WS and DG bikers as they Move through cover and bike inside buildings?
>>
>>52028891
>the WS and DG bikers as
Given the future-history of the WS and DG, that sounds like a recipe for sadness
>>
File: Zhao Akkad.png (646KB, 490x481px) Image search: [Google]
Zhao Akkad.png
646KB, 490x481px
>>52028135
>Clan Ungavarr have such a cool symbol. It's a shame you'd probably get accused of being an alpha memester if you did use it.
Eh, it's not such an uncommon symbol. I swear I say a similar one in one of the earlier 6 books.
>Unless they ALL are Alpha Legions :O
>>
>>52028891
I think we're both actually agreeing with each other here. They were bros, anyway, so the Reductor would probably call in the IVth if they needed some more muscle for something and Pertuarbo would call for the Reductor to get some particularly non-standard obstacle out of his way.

Personally I think I'll make myself said mad Genetor, since I need an Archmagos Archimandrite. He'll double as my Belisarius Cawl for 40k, it'll be fun to cook up . A cross between Alexander and a Dune Navigator, in a battle frame around the tank.

I always played Bioshock throwing stuff around with Telekinesis for some reason. Have the same problem with never using medkits in games, though, was the same with potions in Torchlight despite having five thousand of the damned things.
>>
Give me an OP image.
>>
File: inferno.jpg (671KB, 811x542px) Image search: [Google]
inferno.jpg
671KB, 811x542px
>>52029098
>>
>>52029068
>A cross between Alexander and a Dune Navigator, in a battle frame around the tank.
Huh, sounds like Archimandrite Satarael to me. And in the current Taghmata codex it doesn't say you cannot use him in an Ordo Reductor detachment ;^)
>>
So what's the approximate size of each legion playerbase ? I heard most HH people play Iron Warriors.
>>
>>52028984
Snakes are pretty cute
>>
>>52029156
there was a poll on that
>>
File: Doing a leave.png (394KB, 796x451px) Image search: [Google]
Doing a leave.png
394KB, 796x451px
>>52029136
Here, have this as a thank you.
>>52029169
>>52029172
Snakes are great, this one is going to the new thread.
>>
>>52027579
>Legions are 100,000 strong
>tabletop armies are no more than 100 marines max
>0.1%
>not limited
>>
File: sneks for the spider god.gif (980KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
sneks for the spider god.gif
980KB, 250x188px
>>52029172
I like sneks
Theyre tasty
>>
>>52029215
AAHH
>>
When did the Thousands Sons change their armour to blue?
>>
>>52029211
>I consistenly field this 0.05% in all my games, like everyone does.
That's even worse
>>
>>52029229
When they got shot in the back by the ultramarines, and realised if they could never be as great as the boys in blue, they could at least look like them.
>>
File: Alphaute Guilligon.jpg (84KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Alphaute Guilligon.jpg
84KB, 720x720px
>>52029346
>When he got shot stabbed the neck by Fulgrim, and realised if he could never be as great as the boys in spikes, he could at least look like one of them.
>>
>>52029467
POTTERY.
>>
>>52029187
Oh yeah, I see the link in the OP now, thanks.
Thread posts: 400
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.