[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a group of Space Marines are fighting some orks in a city

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Infant space marine 1.jpg (32KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Infant space marine 1.jpg
32KB, 600x450px
>a group of Space Marines are fighting some orks in a city the orks have all but destroyed
>outnumbered, have to apply careful strategy
>group of Marines given orders to enter buildings on either side of a street and wait for orks to come by, then come out and attack from behind while the main force is in front, forcing the orks to fight on two fronts
>while inside, one of them finds a baby, 7-8 months old, whose parents are clearly dead

1. Suppose the baby cries, threatening to give away the Space Marine's position. Does he murder the child to avoid detection?

2. Suppose things are fine and the baby survives. After the fight, if there is time, does he go back for it? Does he just assume someone will find it? Is he likely to even care?

I realize that despite their discipline, Space Marines aren't a hivemind, and it will depend both on the chapter and the individual Marine. Let's assume "average," but also feel free to discuss the range of likely outcomes.
>>
>>52018439
>Salamander.
Of course not.

He adopts it.
>>
What shit tier bait. Remember that ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>1. Suppose the baby cries, threatening to give away the Space Marine's position. Does he murder the child to avoid detection?

Yes, Space Marines are typically utilitarians and regard their own lives and especially the success of their mission as the most important things.

>2. Suppose things are fine and the baby survives. After the fight, if there is time, does he go back for it? Does he just assume someone will find it? Is he likely to even care?

If there are human authorities that are taking care of civilians nearby, he might deliver the baby to them. Alternatively, the baby might be taken to be raised as a chapter serf.
>>
>>52018453
Are Salamanders known for being comparatively friendly?
>>52018515
I'm not baiting at all. Genuinely curious.
>>52018559
Thanks for the serious answer.
>>
>>52018439
>1. Suppose the baby cries, threatening to give away the Space Marine's position. Does he murder the child to avoid detection?
If you're implying that the cry of a baby is louder than that of a bolter, we've got more to discuss than babies crying. I suppose he could knife it, but that seems too callous for anyone but the traitor legions. Also potentially dangerous for him, having to kneel down and stab a fleshy, blaring alarm. Alternatively he could just move away from the source of noise. I really highly doubt that this baby is occupying strategically important space. Alternatively, it's cry could work as a decoy for him.

>2. Suppose things are fine and the baby survives. After the fight, if there is time, does he go back for it? Does he just assume someone will find it? Is he likely to even care?
It depends. Did this baby gut a xeno from nuts to tongue with nothing but a plastic spoon while covered in it's own parents blood? If yes, that's one damn fine space marine in the making. If not, they'd probably just hand it off to the local authorities. Failing that (in the case of the local authorities being brutally sodomized and/or tortured.. or, y'know.. being dead) they could potentially keep it as a servant. Got to have someone to polish your pauldrons, anon.
>>
>>52018576
Salamanders are one of the most civilian caring legions
>>
>>52018439
Wouldn't the space marine know how to use the pressure point that instantly puts the baby to sleep
>>
SPOILERS BELOW (really shitty spoilers since I can't remember anything)

In one of the books (I forget which, I didn't read it) some Crimson Fists dude finds a widow and her children in a building or some shit.They are told to march with the evacuating Marines so long as they don't slow them down. When the mother collapses the marine walks up and looks like he's going to kill her, but then goes all "you've tried, good job" and carries them all the rest of the way.

So based on that I assume the answer to #1 is "maybe" and #2 is "probably but it depends on the chapter, may take as chapter serf"
>>
>>52018439

Wouldn't the baby crying help attract the orks? I mean, if I were an ork, hearing a baby crying means there's something to kill.

For humans, if you hear a baby crying, you assume that there are no adults around to take care of it.
>>
>>52018439

Only the Marines Mavolent and maybe the Grey Knights are callous enough to do no. 1.
>>
>>52019392
>poilers since I can't remember anything)
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Honour_to_the_Dead_(Audio_Drama)
>>
>>52019722

Iron Hands would absolutely stab the baby.
>>
>>52019718
An ork would likwly investigate a human baby, see there's not actually anything to fight, then feel disappointed. At this poimt, what the ork would do is largely up to the ork in question, a particularly dark humored ork would probably kill it in some uniquely creative way, a mad boy might actually attempt to care for it or be just as likely to kill the baby on a whim , lots of da boyz would just leave it there because it's loud and no fun to fight.

The absolute worst outcomes for the kid would be if a gretchin or painboy were to find it. Grots are downright cruel to anything they perceive as weaker than themselves, which is why grots newly installed into killa kanz routinely go on murderous rampages against orks that once bullied them, and would likely torture the infant for sport. A painboy would do the same thing. Painboyz are well known for cruel and unnecessary surgeries, with the most common they preform on human slaves being "how much pain can I inflict on a humie 'fore he dies?" and "I wonder how many organs humies need to survive?"
>>
>>52021194
>Painboyz are well known for cruel and unnecessary surgeries
On other greenskins. Painboyz don't have the manual dexterity to do anything to an infant beyond maybe rip them apart.

Also in almost every case an ork that finds an infant will most likely eat it. You seem to not remember that orks eat anything and everything, especially grots and squigs, so a small, squishy pink humanoid might even be mistaken for one. At worst they'd probably play hackysack with it before eating it.
>>
>>52020406
>look at the fleshy vocal weakness!
>PURGE THE WEAKNESS
>>
>>52018439
>Suppose the baby cries, threatening to give away the Space Marine's position. Does he murder the child to avoid detection?
dude, the impire of mankind is fucked up, but not that much
of course the "average" Space Marine" will take care of the baby, damn, I wouldn't wonder if his whole squad would take care of the safety of the child
>>
>marines
>quiet
>careful strategy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.