[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the great owl of the forest be depicted as wise and mystical,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: SecretofNIMH-Color3.jpg (55KB, 720x535px) Image search: [Google]
SecretofNIMH-Color3.jpg
55KB, 720x535px
Should the great owl of the forest be depicted as wise and mystical, as in mythology, or a complete fucking incontinent moron, as in reality?
>>
>>52014950
Unless it's that sort of game, nobody wants to watch the ancient nature spirit piss itself.
>>
>>52014950
>incontinent moron
Hey, that's not fair. Cloacas don't have sphincters.
>>
>>52015026
>>52015074
If they're not incontinent, why do they shit everywhere? Even compared to other birds, owls' ability to shit everywhere, including places they aren't even supposed to physically be able to get in, is fucking astounding.
>>
>>52015096
Because they're birds. That's just what birds do, you moron.
>>
>>52014950
Mythology.

Nobody cares about how they shit. If you do, stop playing, you're taking the game way too seriously.
>>
You are not Shitashi.
>>
>>52015096
>including places they aren't even supposed to physically be able to get in, is fucking astounding.
This indicates that they actually are quite wise and cunning rather than morons.

You played yourself.
>>
>>52014950

Owls are actually pretty dumb compared to most bird of prey.
>>
File: PORK.jpg (30KB, 300x436px) Image search: [Google]
PORK.jpg
30KB, 300x436px
>>52014950
I vote for ancient, ravenous and terrifying.
>>
>>52020068
Agreed, owls are spirits of death in a number of cultures. Treat your great owl as knowing, but his wisdom and cleverness are from surviving so long and secrets ripped from screaming prey. Fail to negotiate properly as he blatantly stalks you with hunger in his eyes, and you risk ending up in his belly next.
>>
>>52020338
Damn, that gives me a good idea.
>God of the hunt and of the lost takes the shape of a giant owl
>Son of the god of war and goddess of nature, he is mostly chill unless you decide to deliberately piss him off or trespass within his domain
>Someone who does this walking at night will find that suddenly lanterns flicker and the moon's light is obscured by clouds
>The beating of terrible wings is the singular and final warning of the target's fate
>There will be nowhere to flee as the owl snatches you up suddenly and vanishes to take you to places unknown
>>
>>52020468
And even the beating of wings is only his crow attendants coming to watch, for owls in flght are more silent than death.
>>
>>52014950
I will never understand how the fuck Greeks managed to associate owls with wisdom. They are literally one of the dumbest birds around, and definitely the dumbest in that part of the world
>>
File: IMG_1572.jpg (30KB, 326x294px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1572.jpg
30KB, 326x294px
>>52020468
>>52020737
>thousands of crows roost in one spot
>they take up all your attention
>suddenly claws sink into your back and you're done
>>
>>52020737
>>52020766
>A crowd of crows flock to your spot, battering you and forcing you to drop your lantern.
>As you pick it back up, they split around you, and there is but a second before you see the owl descend on you with lightning speed.
>Its approach, though silent, generates wind enough to snuff out the lantern, and before it plunges talons the size of knives into your chest, you realize that if it had wanted, it could have killed you without you knowing
>>
File: 44621.jpg (16KB, 610x203px) Image search: [Google]
44621.jpg
16KB, 610x203px
>>52020763
>>52020766
>>52020876

I am liking the idea that whatever god you think you are dealing with? You aren't. The owl is just a front and those crow attendants? They are not only in charge have been manipulating you for months.
>>
>>52014950

Somewhere in between; mystical and wise, but horribly out of touch with modern reality so they might come off as a bit clueless when it comes to more down to earth topics.
>>
>>52022429
Pic related?
>>
>owls are wise as shit, but you'll have to pay if you want information from them
>they tell you to cook for them, as they can't because of a fear of fire
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.