[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll just say it. I'm genuinely hyped about this. Yes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 30

File: image.jpg (110KB, 1000x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 1000x523px
I'll just say it. I'm genuinely hyped about this. Yes, the gathering storm has been far from a masterpiece. Yes, some things have been glossed over when they could have been standalone books (genestealer cults on terra anyone?)

But goddammit, they're actually progressing the fucking plot. They're giving a spark of hope in this grimdark setting. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea, but I PERSONALLY never liked the whole "there's no hope, we're all fucked no matter what" vibe. To know that there's actually a fighting chance, no matter how small, makes me want to read more into 40k. It makes me want to root for the imperium because I know that it's doom isn't carved in stone anymore.

(yes, I am a imperiumfag)
>>
File: 1485112210424.jpg (22KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1485112210424.jpg
22KB, 460x276px
>>
>>52011544

So I take it you don't like it then?
>>
>>52011544
(Nice dubs btw)
>>
File: 1488331004402.jpg (2MB, 1274x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1488331004402.jpg
2MB, 1274x1018px
>>52011582
Not particularly.
The Gathering Storm, whether you like it or not, Is pretty much End Times 2, even if it has nowehere near the same fluff effect, the crunch will most likely change drastically when this leads into 8th.
Which I don't mind necessarily. I haven't played too much of 7th, but most say some changes could be made. The story and Models are what I have problems with.
Maybe I'll go over to forge world. They have more stuff for Mechanicus anyway
>>
Why do so many lolberals lurk here want 40k to become happylight?
You realise the settings been Grim derp from the beginning. Right?
>>
>>52011527
It's too late, anon. Guilliman is just gonna make humanity go with a bang. He's the swan song of the Imperium
>>
File: I am become dakka.jpg (152KB, 620x359px) Image search: [Google]
I am become dakka.jpg
152KB, 620x359px
>>52011527
>genestealer cults on terra anyone
wait a fucking moment, what?
>>
>>52011527
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJiUfnIzbVM
>>
>>52011670
Ah okay. Like I said, I understand that the fluff isn't what everyone wanted. Personally I don't see it as "the end times but IN SPESS", but more like a new chapter in the narrative. Instead of everything happening in 999.M41, it'll now happen in 000.M42.

And yes, mechanicum 30k is fucking amazing.

>>52011691
Actually in my country I'm considered to be a republican or whatever the fuck our equivalent is.

>>52011742
Yeah, but now there's hope. A tiny little glimmer of hope which could easily be snuffed out, considering the hive fleets, all tomb worlds awakening, daemon primarchs and all that jazz. It just makes me want to read on, to see what will happen y'know?
>>
>>52011816
>It just makes me want to read on, to see what will happen y'know?
It sure is gonna be interesting, and whatever happens I'm sure it will be glorious
>>
File: 1487305439037.png (450KB, 1000x834px) Image search: [Google]
1487305439037.png
450KB, 1000x834px
>>52011816
Weird that with the way they handle the overarching story, moving the plot forward about a year in a setting where major historical events are millennia apart causes massive ammounts of skub.
Also the Eldar unifying under Ynnari does kind of call back to the Host of the Phoenix king. It's not the exact same, but similar.
>>
>>52011792
Yeah it's in Gathering storm 2: fracture of the fan base. In one of the sidebar there's an inquisitor making a report about cults on terra, with the arbiter and custodes trying to put them down.
On the bright side, there's now Canon reasons to have a custodes vs cults battle report. So there's that.

>>52011807
I'll just presume you're laughing from delight that someone on /tg/ likes the gathering storm as much as you do :)
>>
>>52011792
Its either in GS 2 or from the new WD, I don't remember anymore but yes, there was an infection and they had to burn shit and cover up.
>>
File: BLPROCESSED-IMG_02.png (92KB, 337x150px) Image search: [Google]
BLPROCESSED-IMG_02.png
92KB, 337x150px
>>52011877

The Eldar aren't unified.
>>
>>52011877
Huh, i haven't actually thought about how convenient it is that everything happens at pretty much same time. Fuck, now I'll never be able to not think about that when I read this stuff.
And with Eldar, I must admit I don't know enough about them to really form an opinion about everything in Fracture. I don't really like their whole "we're BFFs 4EVER now" thing, but that's mostly from how opposite Eldar and deldar feel. But I can accept it since it's only a small part of the Eldar race that's thrown their lot in with ynnead, instead of them pulling a WHFB and uniting the whole damn race
>>
>>52011527
there's little to nothing good that can be added through plot advancement that couldn't be retroactively introduced into the setting's timeline instead.

GW moving the setting forward generates both curiosity and sickness.
>>
>>52011670
>the crunch will most likely change drastically

That needs to happen. Warhammer 40k is clunkier than FATAL at this point.
>>
>>52011527
Necronfag here, congrats
>>
File: 1430926938749.png (2MB, 1156x853px) Image search: [Google]
1430926938749.png
2MB, 1156x853px
>>52012004
Yeah, the timescale is weird. It all kind of has to happen at the same time. Jump from the normal dying Imperium to Cadia exploding/Guilliman returning/ Ynnead coming in/ Whatever they do with Tau, Orks and Tyranids.
having not actually read the books I can't say much on an opinion of how they tie it all together. I'm stuck running on second-hand info because the books is pricey.
>>52012035
Can the same be said for 30k? Matter of fact, why aren't the Forge World people running things? They're expensive, but at least seem more competent from what I hear.
>>52011974
Would you call them undivided?
>>
>>52011816

> A tiny little glimmer of hope which could easily be snuffed out

See, this is what I want. I want each event to be darker and bleaker than the one before it.
>>
>>52012081
Why? That just gets real samey after a while
>>
>>52012007
But you can only retcon so much before it becomes absurd. Take for example good ol' Rowboat here. How could you introduce him into 40k without advancing the plot? Without it feeling underwhelming?

And yes, Geedubs could just not introduce primarchs since they're really hard to just retcon in. But for how long could they do what you proposed? Make new models and retcon them in, make new events and retcon them in. Personally I think it would feel pretty outlandish after a while. Would you want them to do that for the next 10 years?

>>52012066
Thanks! I'm seriously sorry for you and nidfags. Feels like you guys have just been forgotten in this event, which is quite weird considering you're both pretty fucking scary problems that need to be dealt with right the fuck now before you achieve your final forms.
>>
>>52012093

Exactly. I don't really want the setting to progress, because we've seen what happened in the End Times. I want the mood to remain consistent, so it can continue to be used.

>>52012098

Maybe he'll die after this event/be returned to stasis? Vulkan showing up in The Beast Arises was basically this: He had a walk-on, then 'died' without ever changing anything.
>>
>>52011527
>imperiumfag
>I'm genuinely hyped about this.
You are Smurffag, not Imperoimfag
>>
>>52012098
>How could you introduce him into 40k without advancing the plot?
Why 40k needs him? There is a lot of loyalists primarch who could return without Deus ex Machina.
>make new events and retcon them in.
They made with the prvious 13th Black Crusade and Sotrem of Chaos for fantasy.
>>
I, OP, shall now take the name "reasonable anon" so everyone knows who I am! No I'm not jerking myself off, that name is objectively good.
>>52012076
Have you tried epubs? That's how I read the books. And if you don't want to do that, know that they're pretty much focused around a single event, with everything major in the book connected to that event (so Cadia in the first one, ynnead in the second one), and also some sidebars that describe other things happening in the galaxy, like a Waaagh! heading to Catachan and unconfirmed sightings of fulgrim.
>>
>>52012162
I hadn't, I may have to find something to open them then.
Anyone care to speculate what they'll do for races like Orks and Nids?When's Tuska going to join Ghazkull and become avatars of Gork and Mork?
>>
>>52012098
>Personally I think it would feel pretty outlandish after a while. Would you want them to do that for the next 10 years?
They've been doing it for more than 10 years already, sure the changes weren't that relevant for the most part, but in the end the difference between a big change and numerous small ones is thin.

On the other hand, though, with additions being brought into the setting at the edge of the timeline, you get into a series of episodic happenings that either escalate into ridicolousness or fall into the forgettable Saturday morning cartoon plot repetitiveness; on top of ending with a timeline starting with the horus heresy intricacy, roughly 10000 years of relative nothing and a current year of nothing but happenings.

balance is in the middle they say, but if the setting kept on sitting then it would have way less risk of falling.

So far I don't find all of the changes introduced so bad or far fetched but I'm noticing the common factor to what I like and what I dislike being respectively things that add characters, factions, motivations and possibilities, and things that destroy/remove/kill characters, locations and possibilities.
>>
>>52012116
Can we all just stop being so bitter about the smurfs? Yes, 5th Ed smurfs was a train wreck. But that was then. Geedubs have tried to make them more flawed and relatable.It makes sense that Girlyman is the one coming back, as he and Vulkan are the only ones not confirmed to be dead as bricks that could possibly govern the imperium. And with Vulkan fucking off until He'stan finds his stuff, we only have one contender left. Girlyman is repeteadly said to be good at this shit whole leader thing, no matter if you find him to be a Mary Sue or not. Could you imagine if Russ came back instead? Sure, the imperial war machine would probably have a field day, but does he strike you as someone who could lead the whole imperium?

Now the way that he was brought back could on the other hand have been handled more smoothly, fro what I've seen so far. Sure, it's better than "he was healing inside of the stasis field all along" thing they where going for before, but still. I'm trying to not judge before I read exactly what happens, but I'm not so positive about it right now.

>>52012130
Do I need to remind you of the absolutely massive amounts off skub surrounding the result of those events? I wasn't a part off the community back then, but I've heard that it wasn't pretty.

>>52012235
I personally use readium and find the epubs themselves on the mega folders in the 40k general
>>
>>52011527
Anyone have a copy or link to the newest gathering storm?
>>
>>52012301
My biggest complaint about all the 5e smurfs hate is that the codex had some of my favourite crunch. Calgar's old ability to choose morale results is still my all time favourite rule.
>>
>>52012274
So you mean retconing these huge events to happen over the course of these ten millennia instead of everything happening in a year? I actually like that. It would make things a bit more believable.

And i'm curious now. What sort of events would you want to have then? Since i imagine you don't like fall of Cadia since it destroyed quite some possibilities (or maybe i'm just getting you totally wrong. Apologies in that case)
>>
>>52011527
Gulliman still looks like a Thousand Sons.
>>
>>52012393
Magnus true loyalist confirmed
>>
File: Biel Tan spurdo.png (46KB, 796x892px) Image search: [Google]
Biel Tan spurdo.png
46KB, 796x892px
>>52011527
I hate what GW did to the Eldar.
Fuck this Ynnari bs.
>>
>>52012329
I unfortunately don't, if it's Fracture you're talking about. But i know it can be found on one of the megafolders on the 40k general in ePub format.

>>52012393
I saw a pretty nice version of his miniature some time ago where the painter had user some lighter blue instead of gold on maybe a third or half of the gold details, which made the model look much better in my opinion. Can't find the pic unfortunately
>>
>>52012457
If it makes you feel better, know that it's only a a small part of the eldar race that joined ynnead. The majority of deldar are still raiding and raping, most of the craftworlders are still smug asshats that want nothing to do with the ynnari, and the harlequins are still weird
>>
>>52012370
yes, the rise of ynnead could be presented through numerous attempts to summom its avatars over the course of history, with the minor faction of the ynnari having its own exploration both within the craftworlds and commorragh (secret/borderline cults?) and outside with their own fleets, planets and wars; the event with eldrad being stopped by the deathwatch could be just one of the latest attempts and interconnecting rituals.

stuff like the fall of cadia and the resolutions of over various plots I'd have loved as campaigns that depict the present of the setting but with suggestions to various open endings, of the like where writers and players can experiment with numerous paths, branching and interactions with other campaigns, factions and events.
>>
>>52012460
Yeah, I checked but I actually meant gathering storm 3. It's out now, but fuck paying $30 for a tablet edition that's only 120 or so pages. I'll just have to wait till some kind anon uploads it
>>
>>52012545
Wait what. When did this happen!?

>>52012495
Yeah that sounds really good, building up the tensions and stakes over the course of several conflicts and millennia. It would make the payoff much more meaningful.
>>
>>52012370
>What sort of events would you want to have then?
I like how GW managed the shield of baal and the damocles gulf in terms of impact: present, relevant but ultimately self restricted
>>
>>52012301
The Lion is confirmed alive. He's just napping in The Rock
>>
>>52012573
Go to the black library, it came out today
>>
>>52012573
Oh wait no fuck me. I just realised it was a pre order for next week God damn it.
>>
>>52012617
But how would he fare as the leader of the imperium? (I honestly don't know enough about him myself to make an opinion so I would really appreciate if someone could tell me)
>>
>>52012656
He was the best candidate for Warmaster, i can tell you that. Especially in hindsight.
>>
>>52012656
Pretty damn well I'd say. While gw has an obvious boner for Guilliman I'd rank both the Lion and Dorn right up there with him as skilled leaders and administrators. Khan, Russ, Corax, Vulkan would definitely not be the preferred choices of the surviving Primarchs.

Best choice would be Sanguinius, but he's 100% dead which is sad.
>>
>>52012670
Anon, thats not how you say Sanginius. Seriously, Gulliman just wanted his own Empire. Since there is no one else to oppose him (IE another Primarch lile Rogal or Samginius) he's probably okay to lead. I still think he might fall to chaos because of hus pride and ambition.
>>
>>52012649
Godammit an entire week left? I'm not capable of that kind of patience.

>>52012670
Well it's hard to do a worse job that horus did.
>>
As I hear it, the event ends with Guilliman on Terra. Seated on a throne below the Emperor. The galaxy has been so engulfed by Warp Storms that it looks like The Old Night 2.0. Guilliman has his head full of ideas on how to reform the Imperium but knows that isn't what it needs right now. It needs a new shining hero-king to lead and inspire them so he is formulating Codename: Fuck the Old Night, The 2nd Great Crusade.

That's a pretty perfect setup for the future. The Imperium, Guilliman or not, is one step closer to oblivion than it has ever been. There's opportunity for a million new heresies and rebellions to pop up uncontested and the culture clash between Guilliman and The High Lords could put an end to the Imperium for good in the future.

I like it.
>>
>>52012764
Not to mention they can and probably will drip feed in the rest of the Primarchs one by one. Magnus is back, Russ is almost guaranteed to be the next loyalist, plus I've heard rumors of Fulgrim and Roboute duking it out in gathering storm 3.
>>
>>52012656
His people skills are admittedly packing but he is described as a "peerless strategist". So when it comes to actually ruling the Imperium Guilliman is the superior choice but he would be perfect for pushing Abbadon and his merry band of asshole back into the warp
>>
>>52012813
Lacking. His people skills are lacking. My bad
>>
>>52012697
Yay Dorn. I approve, if only because of bias from TTS.
>>52012813
Well then i look forward to seeing his character when he's bought back, since That's Pretty much a given at this point.

>>52012764
That sounds like a really good way to introduce 8th ed, me thinks
>>
>>52012717
Sanguinius is my favorite, but Lion was the best candidate.
>>
>>52012887
Essentially Guilliman is way more qualified when it comes to policy and statesmanship seeing as empire building is his thing, but The Lion would probably be a better general and he is way better in a fight. So Im sure if they could not fight long enough to be a team they could rip the traitors a new one
>>
>>52012926
That's how it'll go down I think. Russ and Lion will eventually come back to lead the Imperium's armies while Guilliman gets down to the nitty gritty of reorganizing and leading the empire.
>>
>>52012992
Dorn can FORTIFY and it'll be an Imperial dream team
>>
>>52012487
>most of the craftworlders are still smug asshats that want nothing to do with the ynnari

Not really. Altansar and Iyanden seem to have joined up wholesale, as has most of Biel-tan's surviving population and a significant portion of Ulthwe. And these are just the Craftworlds that have been directly involved with the Ynnari. Saim-haan's wildness and aggression could easily see them join up. Alaitoc is probably the most likely to sit things out, along with Mymarea, since they're given to being reclusive by nature.

As for the other Eldar cultures? Cegorach has given Ynnead the thumbs up, so most of the Harlequins will fall in line. Lelith will be taking the Cult of Spite (one of Commoragh's biggest supporting pillars) and joining up once she's seen proof that the Ynnari can allay the Thirst. The Haemonculus Covens are right out, as are Vect's closest Kabalite allies, but once the other Dark Eldar realize his rule is going to be even more tyrannical than before, I'd expect a lot of lesser Kabals and pirate fleets will flee to the relative freedom and security offered by the Ynnari.

At the moment, no, the Ynnari don't represent a majority among the various Eldar cultures, but given what we've seen in FoBT, I think there's a pretty strong indication that they're only going to grow and grow.
>>
>>52013003
I'd love for a second showdown between him and Perturabo. But other than Corax I feel like he's going to be one of the last loyalist ones to return
>>
>>52011691
That's just obnoxious.
Why is concept of something NOT being tied to contemporary politics (mainly us politics) so damn difficult for some of you to grasp?
>>
>>52013017
Before all that happens they'll need to secure some kind of home base I think. So far they've just been running around, but that can't last. I'm wondering if they'll use the Black Library as an hq, or find some isolated maiden world instead
>>
>>52013061
Iyanden was one of the largest Craftworlds in its heyday, but given most of its population are now undead statues, I could see the Ynnari moving in and using it as a mobile base of operations/flagship. A stationary home base wouldn't really work - Yvraine needs to stay on the move, so she can keep contacting the scattered Eldar sects and bringing them into the fold.
>>
>>52012697
I'd say Vulkan would be up there if situation required him to be a leader.
Maybe even more so than lion who is great tactician and strategist but very bad at actual human relations.
>>
>>52013101
Didn't iyanden say they couldn't support Yvraine fully? Or was that just while the forces of Nurgle were attacking?
>>
>>52012301
>Can we all just stop being so bitter about the smurfs?
How about no, smurffag?
>he and Vulkan are the only ones not confirmed to be dead as bricks that could possibly govern the imperium.
Nice shilling, but no, Russ, Khan, Lion and Corax never were dead.
>Could you imagine if Russ came back instead?
Why not? Even Russ more interesting than Goldman.
>>52012301
>Do I need to remind you
>I wasn't a part off the community back then, but I've heard
Top kek
>>
>>52012487
>know that it's only a a small part of the eldar race that joined ynnead.
Nope
>>
>>52013017
Well fuck me, i need to read that book again. Didn't think they had that many supporters. And they're probably going to grow even bigger considering all eldar who haven't heard of them yet.

But the Other eldar factions are still gonna be a thing for the forseeable future right? Cuz i'm getting mighty tried of all trolls screaming about "eldar is Kill"

>>52013003
Okay i changed my mind. Fuck Girlyman, give me my Dorn NOW
>>
>>52012487
>most of the craftworlders are still smug asshats
And they are totally irrelevant now, since aeldari much stornger and all CWE leader joined to them.
>>
>>52013240
>But the Other eldar factions are still gonna be a thing for the forseeable future right?
nope
>>
>>52013223
Just while Nurgle was attacking. Yvraine has shown she can bring the Ghost Warriors back to full sapience/awareness, with their memories and personalities perfectly restored. Even if all of Iyanden's living Eldar refused her (and they haven't), 90% of the Craftworld is going to be with her because of what she's done for them.

>>52013240
>But the Other eldar factions are still gonna be a thing for the forseeable future right?

I would imagine so. What I suspect we may see, is the Eldar and Dark Eldar being pulled more and more into a single Ynnari faction, while the Haemonculus Covens, Mandrakes, and Vect's DE allies will be expanded out into their own, new faction, as they become even more crazed and monstrous.
>>
>>52013240
The Eldar are split into 4 instead of 3 groups now. But have no doubt that the only group that's going to matter are the Ynnari. Craftworlders, Dark Eldar and Harlequins will all become increasingly irrelevant as time goes on.
>>
>>52013287
>they become even more crazed and monstrous.
>8+
kek
>>
>>52013225
Stop being so mean to me :(
But seriously thought, i never Said Girlyman was more interesting that Russ, i said he was a more effective leader. Girlyman was the leader of 500 worlds before big E found him, whilst Russ was the leader of a single world with independent tribes on it. Sure, I won't deny that he's a more interesting character, but he's not the hero the imperium needs right now.
I also said that Vulkan and Girlyman would be the best leaders of the SURVIVING primarchs, according to myself. Information presented in this thread has since challenged that opinion, so we'll see how I think when the book is released.

And finally, 5th edition released 9 years ago. It's time to let go anon. It's not healthy to dwell on this for almost a decade

>>52013239
Yeah another anon told me. I apologize for that mistake
>>
File: 40k Pert and Rog.jpg (94KB, 798x445px) Image search: [Google]
40k Pert and Rog.jpg
94KB, 798x445px
>>52013225
>Russ
>anything other then the worst loyalist Primarch
>>
>>52013337
>:(
You have to go back.
>but he's not the hero the imperium needs right now.
Yeah to turning good old Imperium into progressive noblebright shithole
>of the SURVIVING primarchs
>what Dark Angels codex is
>>
>>52013337
>And finally, 5th edition released 9 years ago.
So what? Ultramarines are still borring and flat Marry Sues
>>52013368
Magnus, plz
>>
>>52013337
Best Primarchs to lead Imperium
>Sanguinius
>Lion
>Dorn
>maybe throw in Jaghatai in there as well
>>
>>52013416
>furry
>turned one of the best and most loyal Primarchs and one of the most useful legions to heresy with his retardation
>always starts shit only to get his as kicked
You know it's true.
>>
>>52013416
>Yiffers thinking that anyone opposing neckbearded fucks playing SW is 1k sons

Fucking kek. Get the fuck out to the dog compound.
>>
>>52013434
>>turned one of the best and most loyal Primarchs
>make deal with Tzeench
>literally ruined the main Imperium project
>>
>>52012130
Nihilism maybe okay for you Slavs but in the civilised world we like to see progress
>>
>>52013487
Keep /pol/ in /pol/ you fat western kurwa.
>>
>>52013398
Like I said, this is my own opinion. It's quite normal for people to have different opinions. You think the Lion would be better, I thought Girlyman or Vulkan would be better. I need to do some research it seems, cause a lot of people seem to think that the Lion is a better option, and I'm curious as to why.
And aren't you assuming quite a lot about what will happen when you say he will make the imperium noble bright? The book isn't out yet, wait to form those opinions until after its released please. Who knows, maybe you'll be surprised.

>>52013416
But are they really as bad as they where during 5th Ed? I just don't think people need to be so bitter over something that happened so long ago, especially considering that the smurfs have since turned from Mary Sue marines into vanilla marines.

>>52013426
I meant of the SURVIVING primarchs. Sanguinius is unfortunately ded
>>
>>52013487
>Progress in wh40k is okay
>Progress is okay

Fags like you are the reason we can't have good things.
>>
>>52013472
>>make deal with TzeenTch (you plebian)
>get deceived because he was desperate to warn The Emperor about Horus' betrayal in time
>>literally ruined the main Imperium project
>did it in complete ignorance (thanks to Emprah keeping all that shit from him) and with the best of intentions
>>
>>52013487
>but in the civilised world we like to see progress
Oh I see it looking at EU
>>
>>52013519
>Sanguinor
I'm a BAfag anon, I WANT TO BELIEVE
>>
>>52012790
Since mortarion is next likely lion next loyalist with Caliban reforming and dark angel forming an empire around it
>>
>>52013519
>But are they really as bad as they where during 5th Ed?
Yep since they now ruling Imperium and made all non-Ultramarines irrelevant, like Ynnari made irrelevant all other Eldars
>>
>>52013519
>And aren't you assuming quite a lot about what will happen when you say he will make the imperium noble bright? The book isn't out yet, wait to form those opinions until after its released please. Who knows, maybe you'll be surprised.
t.shill
>>
>>52011691
Its not a black and white issue. Grindarkness is a sliding scale, having a few points of light in an otherwise dark universe doesn't immediately make it happylight.
>>
>>52013556
>Thinking that GW won't make Lion and Dangles traitors and Fallen the loyalists

Oh poor boy, you will suffer soon.
>>
Haven't read any of this yet, but what was the reaction from Guilliman when he saw the state of the imperium? Also, Vulkan is confirmed dead because of The Beast right?
>>
>>52013529
>>52013472
>>52013434
I personally think both Russ and Magnus have they're faults. Russ was a hypocrite with his rune priests and Magnus broke the fucking golden throne, preventing big E from joining the fight without malcador sacrificing himself. Just my two cents.

I'm gonna eat dinner now, and when I come back I expect to see a civilized thread where everyone refrains from insults and respect each other, alright?
>>
>>52013544
Kek, this.
>>
The amount of newfags due to those retarded crusty meme spiced videos from retardbusa in this thread is atrocious.
>>
>>52013505
Nah I'll keep my dick in a nice Polish slut
>>
>>52013579
Lion can't possibly be a traitor unless they literally disregard the entirety of his history. He's top 3 most loyal Primarchs along with Dorn and Sanguinius.
>>
>>52013434
>Most loyal
>Defied Emperor's decree for decades because "muh daemon magic is safe you guyz"

>Best
>Ass repeatedly kicked by Russ and his merry band of yiffs, even without a primarch

Top kek.
>>
>>52011691
Why are so many /pol/ fucks stuck in black and white thinking?
It's almost as if people can have nuanced opinions or something, gosh, what a concept.
>>
>>52013632
Where are you from, fag? I know, I know.. From basement, but maybe you still remember the world above? Also, the anime pillow won't count.
>>
>>52013605
>FUCKING NORMIES AND NEWCOMERS REEEEEEEE
>thinking that Russ being shit and a furry is some new meme
Fuck of furfaggot i've been into 40k for ten years and i can't stand those hypocrite furry fucks.
>>
>>52013634
>Spent half of his childhood fighting mutants in the forests
>Literally wears chaos warrior armor
>Literally waited for the outcome of battle of Terra
>Fucked up his own planet and literally fought his own sons

Keep dreaming anon
>>
Seriously what the FUCK is this heresy.

>Xenos chaotic god
>Xenos witch
>Xenos fuck
>Questionable saint/demon princess
>Necrontyr inquisitor
>Zombie primarch "resurrected"
>Chaos space marine that claims he's a good goy
>Another mechanicum rebel

What the FUCK !

PURGE PURGE PURGE

PURGE PURGE NOW!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

CALL IN EXTERMINATUS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52013666
>Didn't mention furries a single time
>Thinks I am a furry

You are retarded, anon. Get the fuck out to le leddit you crusty meme fuck.
>>
File: 467158_1.jpg (66KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
467158_1.jpg
66KB, 630x630px
>>52013672
>What the FUCK !
Welcome to the club "bois in blue"
>>
>>52013649
>Emperor literally went ''Hey you guys can't do this shit which is your whole thing and i will keep doing it''

>Sons could have erased Yiffs if Magnus didn't completely drop their defences
>literally could have ended Russ if he didn't hold back due to grief
>furfaggot mary sue books mattering ever
>>
>>52013685
>gets triggered as soon as people start calling space yiffs what they are
>h-h-how could you know i was referring to that?
Sure yiff.
>>
>>52013671
''Loyalty is it's own reward''
-Lion, when told by Konrad Curze that 10 000 years from now people will question whether he was a traitor.
>>
File: 1478700666691.png (101KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478700666691.png
101KB, 640x640px
>>52011527
>Yes, the gathering storm has been far from a masterpiece.
They are outright subpar shit, m8.
>But goddammit, they're actually progressing the fucking plot.
I agree, tbqh.
>They're giving a spark of hope in this grimdark setting. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea, but I PERSONALLY never liked the whole "there's no hope, we're all fucked no matter what" vibe.
Well, there was a thread, just a while ago, where people said Necrons and Tyranids would inherit the galaxy in the long run.
There is your 'spark of hope'.

That's the way of 40k, friend. Putting more 'friendly'/hope-ish/noblebright elements will just ruin the setting.

As for future plot, I'm seriously looking forward to this IoM/Eldar 'alliance' being dusted at some point and Guilliman wrecking the shit of the Ynnari.

>>52013672
This, too.
>>
>>52013737
What a meme loving, raging neckbeard fuck you are. I am a IG player you fat fuck, and I got triggered by you pulling the yiff card as soon as I hate on your crusty memery. Fuck off to reddit.
>>
File: 1488651500769.jpg (206KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488651500769.jpg
206KB, 800x800px
>>52013574
>>
>>52013671
>>Literally waited for the outcome of battle of Terra
Just like GUilliman who decide to declare Imperium Secundus instead of moving to protect Terra.
>>
>>52013787
>needs to project himself (a fat neckbeard) onto me to feel better
>admits he gets ''triggered''
This is amazing.
>>
>>52013028
Corax is going to come back as a traitor and Alpharius as a loyalist. Both at the same time because it would set in place a rivalry due to that incident.
>>
>>52013806
Your turn to switch to the reddit you know you belong to, fag.
>>
>>52013816

Guilliman is the traitor, Alpharius the loyalist
>>
>>52013793
>Just like GUilliman who decide to declare Imperium Secundus instead of moving to protect Terra.

Ruinstorm
>>
>>52013725
>"B-But muh magic"

The most loyal Primarch would have cut off his own head if the Emperor said so. "Stop poking your head into the swirly daemon vortex" isn't that big a request in comparison.

>"M-Magnus held back"

That's why his even more powerful daemon form got owned in a few seconds by one Khornate axe and a few Grey Knights, right?
>>
>>52011527
So you never liked the foundational elements of 40k?
You never like the main defining things that made it different from every other sci-fi setting?

Because the GS is every 40k should never be. 40k is a SETTING not a STORY. And this whole event is written like a story which makes it go completely against the founding themes.

This event makes humanity the protagonists which again goes against the founding themes.

I mean this whole event completely ruins what so many people loved about 40k by switching all of the script and themes.

It boggles my mind how a person who likes any previous fluff could like this. I know it's a "no true Scotsman" fallacy but it's fucking true.

If you like the main purpose and ends of the gathering storm you are no true 40k fan. Your a fan of generic sci-fi action and would be just as happy with Starcraft or Star Wars and should just play X-wing.
>>
Well this thread has devolved more or less like suspected. So sad

>>52013769
When I talked about a spark of hope I meant it as "we're almost certainly fucked, but now we dare believe" instead of how it where before, when it was "we are completely fucked. Might as well give up". I personally didn't want to keep reading 40k fluff when I realised that, as the guys I rooted for were gonna die no matter what. Now I can keep reading because there's a fighting chance, no matter how small it is.
God I'm a fucking sap
>>
>>52013853
>Ruinstorm
Wasn't problem for Word bearers, World Eaters and Blood Angels
>>
>>52013874
But humanity has always been the protagonists, why else do they get all the attention in everything
>>
>>52013921

This board followed the same process with the End Times.

Tons of threads spreading hope for a better future popped up at first.

It's just not going to be good. 40k and GW in general is DEAD as we knew it. Now they're aiming for a much younger audience.

Expect semi-toy figures that snap together without glue in the future.
>>
>>52013927
>Wasn't problem for Word bearers, World Eaters and Blood Angels

Did you even read the books?
>>
>>52013921
That lack of a spark of hope was what enticed me and everyone I know into the game. We were so tired of games with clear people to root for and objectives. We wanted a setting that was full of grim and interesting elements not stacked with heels fighting against insurmountable odds. Just people fighting because that's all they know.

The imperium was an evil despotic regime and that was wonderful. Aliens would kill you for no good reason and your only chance for happiness would cause you to loose your soul. That's unique and engaging.

Now it's just. Humanity vs evil. And it's dull.
>>
>>52013874
>40k is a SETTING not a STORY.
Yes, and now the setting is being expanded. just like adding a new faction.

>This event makes humanity the protagonists which again goes against the founding themes.
Except for the fact that the eldar, dark eldar, necrons, and chaos are all making gains in achieving their own ends.

>I mean this whole event completely ruins what so many people loved about 40k by switching all of the script and themes.
And its also the exact thing that so many people wanted from 40k for over a decade.

>It boggles my mind how a person who likes any previous fluff could like this. I know it's a "no true Scotsman" fallacy but it's fucking true.
Because its interesting. The primarchs were always a wasted element of 40k. These grandiose larger than life beings who are completely irrelevant, other than the demon princes. Its like if the Odyssey spoke about great men like Achilles and Hector, then the story itself was just a few thousand words of some random Greek oarsmen rowing back home unmolested.

>If you like the main purpose and ends of the gathering storm you are no true 40k fan
Sorry to hear that. Maybe its time to for you find a different game?
>>
>>52013944
Because their the favorite faction with the most supporters but that doesn't make them the protagonists.

Who's the protagonist of Football? Seahawks? Broncos? Ravens? No one. Because their all just factions in a larger game. Same with 40k.

Sure they might appear as the protagonist in BL books but that's because there focused on an entirely different model.
>>
>>52013921
>Tripfag
>Actually liking progress
Oh well, I guess stereotypes are true.
>>
File: 1455943306646.jpg (178KB, 750x864px) Image search: [Google]
1455943306646.jpg
178KB, 750x864px
>>52013949
>>52013998
Jesus, I didn't come here today for those feelings.
>>
>>52013874
Well of course I like it when it's human centric. Like I said, the imperium is my favorite faction. Who doesn't like when their favorite faction is in the spotlight?
And I'll gladly admit that I fucking love 40k. My personal belief has always been that 40k is the story of humanity fighting tooth and nail to survive in a hostile galaxy where no one can be trusted. "To rage against the dying light" if you will. And Girlyman coming back fits in my personal narrative, as he can make the imperium hold onto that stubborn will to survive, especially as all the other factions are becoming more powerful. With Girlyman as the leader, the imperium will become stronger as well, which will create a new status quo that's exactly like the last one, with the imperium beset on all sides by enemies more powerful than ever, with them still trying to survive, with one decisive victory being had in location and a crushing defeat in another one.
And yes, this view is human centric as well, because the imperium are the guys I root for goddammit.
>>
>>52014032
The Cowboys are the protagonists. America's Team brah
>>
The wh40k is now gud guys vs bad evil ayyliums.

That retard from GW channel on youtube wearing SW shirts who is one of guys responsible for Gathering Smegma is an answer. I was surprised by the amount of retards here actually liking the progress, and the amount of autists 1kfags/space yiffs shitting up the thread. Also, the youtube/le reddit memers that actually like the speech device channel.
>>
>>52014003
>and now the setting is being expanded
Nope it was squatted into 1 linear super-hero story.
>Except for the fact that the eldar, dark eldar, necrons, and chaos are all making gains in achieving their own ends.
Except they are irrelevant now (well except of Chaos).
>Because its interesting.
>Guilliman
>interesting
>The primarchs were always a wasted element of 40k.
lol no, that was the point of 40k as setting, the times of human gods is over.
>Maybe its time to for you find a different game?
Top kek
>>
>>52014043
Yeah you might as well call me the embodiment of the tau spirit

>>52013998
That's how you and your friends saw it. And I'm sorry that's being taken away from you. It must really suck. I see more as humanity desperately digging it's heels in, doing everything possible to survive, so Girlyman coming back makes sense for me. And I understand that it doesn't for you. I apologize for that
>>
>>52014181

>hates memes, but speaks only memes
>>
>>52014205
This is the slav shitposter. Just ignore him.
>>
>>52011792
Yeah youd think they would make more of a big deal about it really? I mean the underhives of terra have tyranid infestation... but nah... just a brief mention
>>
>>52014232
>Using slav as an insult
Gee, I wonder why you are ignored in the threads you shat up in past few days.
>>
>>52014251
Who are you talking to?
>>
>>52012076
Ynnead and all that fracturing shit is going on while cadia is under siege, the eldar decide humanity can be useful because humans with strong enough faith resist corruption, so lets go give them a new emperor (they help res guilliman) and go save the fleeing cadians
>>
>>52014273
To a fat fuck who said west likes progress.
>>
>>52014247
>Yeah youd think they would make more of a big deal about it really? I mean the underhives of terra have tyranid infestation... but nah... just a brief mention

The 6th ed BRB timeline had a lot of disastrous events that somehow got removed in the 7th edition BRB timeline in favor of summaries of the bland campaign book events.
>>
File: received_10154368697477596.jpg (134KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
received_10154368697477596.jpg
134KB, 1000x1000px
>>52014205
>Nope it was squatted into 1 linear super-hero story.
this is just one story with many threads intertwining
>Except they are irrelevant now (well except of Chaos).
is that why they got the entire second book?
>nice
>opinion
>lol no, that was the point of 40k as setting, the times of human gods is over.
none of thats changed, even guilliman tells the imperium they've fucked up real bad
>Top kek
better learn to enjoy frustration then
>>
Remenber this is average monday in 40k, nothing to see
>>
>>52014293
What? You got the wrong person. I am just pointing out that the slav shitposter is in this thread.
>>
>>52014003
>Yes, and now the setting is being expanded. just like adding a new faction.
No it’s not. The GS focuses on characters and their interactions making it a story and making the actions of individuals matter in the scale of the whole universe.

>Except for the fact that the eldar, dark eldar, necrons, and chaos are all making gains in achieving their own ends.
No their not. Did you read GS 1 & 2? Turns out the imperium has surefire ways to definitely kill and defeat chaos. Turns out the dark eldar are even bigger losers now than every before. And what gains have necrons made? None, Trazyn has made gains but he’s not the whole faction. The eldar aren’t even making gains, their being split and shown as a weak faction that needs to ally with the imperium. This event makes the Imperium look like a may sue that elves want to help and can stand up to anything. Plus what about the Tau? What about the Orks or the Nids? Not one fucking mention.

>And its also the exact thing that so many people wanted from 40k for over a decade.
Never met a single person who wanted this. I’ve met dozens of people who feared this however. Ive been to A LOT of conventions and game stores. Never heard ANYONE say they wanted the setting to stop being grimdark.
>>
>>52014323
How do you know he is Slav?
>>
>>52011877
>ANTI-SKUB SENTIMENT ON /tg/ OF ALL PLACES

what have we become?
>>
>>52014337
Because he said it himself numerous times?
>>
>>52014003

>Because its interesting. The primarchs were always a wasted element of 40k. These grandiose larger than life beings who are completely irrelevant, other than the demon princes. Its like if the Odyssey spoke about great men like Achilles and Hector, then the story itself was just a few thousand words of some random Greek oarsmen rowing back home unmolested.
But it’s not. It’s only interesting if it’s written well and it’s not. The Primarchs aren’t supposed to be involved that’s the entire fucking point. Their supposed to be so much larger than life that they don’t fit in the Warhammer 40k scale. Their supposed to be mythical characters not like Achilles and Hector but like Zeus and Poseidon. I already have a dozen games and stories that spend millions of words on bigger than life figures. And guess what their all better than 40k at it because their designed to be stories. 40k sucks at making engaging interesting characters, they excel at making engaging factions.

>Sorry to hear that. Maybe its time to for you find a different game?
I probably should and thats a good indication every thing about the GS is bad. If you make a product that drives away previous customers then you fucked up.

This entire event fails to understand what makes 40k unique and interesting on an intimate level. Factions not characters. Setting not story. Fear not hope. There are a hundred sci-fi fantasy stories about characters, story and hope. 40k is rare in that it isn’t. Why would anyone want it be just another generic story in a sea of already good stories? If you want Cs,Ss, and H then go get one, because when 40k tries it’s not going to come close to any of the already established good one.
>>
>>52014356
Are you seeing things?
>>
>>52014301
>is that why they got the entire second book?
You mean Ynnari got the entire second book?
>none of thats changed
>setting was squatted into Super Heroes vs Chaos Super Heroes
>none of thats changed
>>
>>52011527
It amazes me that people can think this is going to end up as anything good after what happened with WHFB
>>
>>52014381
They are retarded, that's why.
>>
File: The Monolith.png (387KB, 214x902px) Image search: [Google]
The Monolith.png
387KB, 214x902px
>>52014325
>gains have necrons made? None, Trazyn has made gains but he’s not the whole faction.

So you didn't read the Gathering of the Storm books? Here is the Necron bit.

The books have tidbits that describe what's going on with the rest of factions while book narrative is taking place.

Orks, Necrons, Tyranids, etc were mentioned and future plot hints were dropped.

What's your excuse for not reading them? If this was my forum there would be punishments for this dishonesty.
>>
>>52014366
Nope. Only the slav shitposter.
>>
>>52014381
Yeah, as a former 40kfag who got into WHFB through TW:W, I'm seeing a lot of similarities between this and the End Times.
>>
>>52014406
>The books have tidbits that describe what's going on with the rest of factions
So nothing important.
>>
>>52014363
>If you make a product that drives away previous customers then you fucked up.

Actually, it re-sparked interest in 40K. Even the normies are tuned in.

You can leave now and you won't be missed.
>>
>>52014433
>Actually, it re-sparked interest in 40K.
Because..?
>>
>>52014431
Saved up until they get their own books which they will because GW said that each faction will get something in the coming narrative.
>>
>>52014460
>Saved up until they get their own books
Where they will do the same what Ynnari did, join to Ultramarines, or Chaos.
>>
>>52011792
Yeah, there's even implications that there was a conspiracy to get them on Terra for some reason
>>52014247
In the sidebars you've got
>reports of Fulgrim returning
>a sentient warp storm completely blockading the Tau
>Necron monoliths across the galaxy humming

In perspective it's not that important
>>
>>52014427
Where is Nagash?
Where is Glotkin?
Where is Skaven Uprising?
Where is Archaon final siege?
>>
>>52014433
>Even the normies are tuned in.
Somehow it's supposed to be good thing?
>>52014460
>GW said that each faction will get something in the coming narrative.
They also said that SoB will get new minis in winter and released SJWstine who good in any army, except of SoB
>>
>>52014325
>No it’s not. The GS focuses on characters and their interactions making it a story and making the actions of individuals matter in the scale of the whole universe.
How is this any different from the Macharian Crusade? The state of the universe is still the Imperium beleaguered on all sides and losing ground and the enemies of the Imperium growing stronger. Now it just has a more competent man directing its defenses.

>Turns out the imperium has surefire ways to definitely kill and defeat chaos
such as?

>And what gains have necrons made? None, Trazyn has made gains but he’s not the whole faction.
He weakened the immaterium? The very thing the necrons are anathema to?

>This event makes the Imperium look like a may sue that elves want to help and can stand up to anything.
Is that why it ended with chaos hounding their asses across a glacier after losing one of its most important garrison worlds?

>Plus what about the Tau? What about the Orks or the Nids? Not one fucking mention.
People were just bitching about too many things happening in short order in a central location. I cant even imagine how apoplectic the fanbase would become if the space commies traveled to the opposite end of the galaxy just to say high and then a space hulk and hive tendril made guest appearances. Also, nids were mentioned in genestealer cults on terra.

>Never heard ANYONE say they wanted the setting to stop being grimdark.
Nothings changed, everything is still shit. Chaos just broke down the last bulwark of reality and now the eye of terror is growing, ynnead was a half-successful miscarriage and the eldar dont know what to make of it, the Imperium finally has a primarch who is willing to do something other than go sightseeing, and he is depressed and permanently sealed inside of a powered dialysis armor.
>>
>>52014381
Well Geedubs said this wasn't the end times: 40k edition. And it's not marketed as it either. It's my personal belief that this whole thing is to introduce the setting of 8th edition. Of course, that's only speculation.
>>
>>52014497
>Where is Nagash?
Ynnead.
>Where is Glotkin?
Siege of Mccrage.
>Where is Archaon final siege?
Most likely in the next event
>>
>>52014431
>complains that 40k is now shit because they're advancing the plot through extended story supplements instead of drip feeding tidbits like in the old days
>dismisses tidbits regarding future events in the new supplements as unimportant
>>
Does anyone know more about some "Magnus" prophecy people were talking about, that a loyal primarch would go traitor and vice versa?
>>
>>52014493
>>Necron monoliths across the galaxy humming

See >>52014406

The Ymga Monolith was a old ass mystery since 2nd ED. It was revealed to be a copying machine for the Necrons as well as Warp dampener.

I mean come on are you all newfags? How could you say that Ymga is just a humming monliths.

It's like saying that the Gates of Varl are the gates of a wooden shed.
>>
>>52014513
Go away Slav I am not talking to you.
>>
>>52014521
>How is this any different from the Macharian Crusade?
Well, at least by scale.
>and the enemies of the Imperium growing stronger.
Who? Ynnari now part of Imperium and the rest eldars are irrelevant (all cwe leaders are ynnari and vect cannot do shit), necrons, nids and orks were never a big threat and Chaos are btfo on easy-mode by Guilliman since "he always had a plan".
>Nothings changed, everything is still shit
Nope, now it's lawful good vs chaotic evil
>>
>>52014513
SJWStine?
>>
>>52014538
>literally 1993

Pill time, grandpa.
>>
>>52014553
>I have no arguments: the post
>>
>>52014573
>necrons, nids and orks were never a big threat

What?

What will you do when the Orks retake Ullanor? If you don't understand this reference without wikiing it you don't deserve to comment.
>>
>>52013853
Wow it's like the Lion was stuck behind a STORM of RUIN or something as well
>>
>>52014612
>What will you do when the Orks retake Ullanor?
Send Marni
>>
>>52014583
>Pill time, grandpa.

Guilliman's return hinted at in 2nd edition.

Ynnead's birth hinted at in 3rd edition.

Pff.. This is all irrelevant oldfag nonsense. What?
>>
>>52012764
>he is formulating Codename: Fuck the Old Night, The 2nd Great Crusade.
>even slaanesh's butthole grew 8 sizes that day, once the girlyman was done buttfucking the chaos gods soul.

>>52013472
>implying that Magnus hadnt been playing 99587309847502834750870458730987508293750982374509873049853534883766774902-D chess on TzeenTch in a long con to destroy chaos in one big scam.
JUST AS PLANNED.
>>52013787
>I am a IG player
MY CONDOLENCES
>>52014312
Dude, this is TACO-TUESDAY in LegoLand. shit has gotten slightly realer than average, but not as real as bad boyz 2.
>>
>>52014583
I won't. This fuck >>52014363 is disrespecting 40K's history by saying that Ymga is not important. Fucking 6th ED babies.
>>
>>52014363
>But it’s not. It’s only interesting if it’s written well and it’s not.
Ty for your prescient opinion of Guilliman's characterization in the unreleased book.

>Their supposed to be so much larger than life that they don’t fit in the Warhammer 40k scale
Like Lord Solar Macharius? Like Creed? Like malcador the Sigilite? Like every living saint? Like pre-retcon Ollanius Pious? Like every chapter master, captain, librarian, tau commander, and the entire eldar race?

>I probably should and thats a good indication every thing about the GS is bad. If you make a product that drives away previous customers then you fucked up.
You say that, but this brought me back to 40k after losing interest for six years.

>>52014379
>setting was squatted into Super Heroes vs Chaos Super Heroes
>Entire first book revolved around the Imperial Guard and the defense of Cadia.
>>
>>52014406
>What's your excuse for not reading them?
He's a shitposter, that's all.
>>
>>52014617
>Wow it's like the Lion was stuck behind a STORM of RUIN or something as well

He had daemons under his control, and he still didn't arrive on Terra in time.
>>
>>52014632
Yep, it's not important in current 40k
>>52014640
>>Entire first book revolved around the Imperial Guard and the defense of Cadia.
Yeah where the whole IG is totally unimportant
>>
>>52014497
>nagash
Ynnead; it even has the same bullshit of the ritual not working perfectly
>Glottkin
Cadia already blew up
>Skaven uprising
Tyranids on Terra
>Archaon final siege
TBA
>>
>>52014640
>but this brought me back to 40k after losing interest for six years
Proofs?
>>
>>52014617
>Wow it's like the Lion was stuck behind a STORM of RUIN or something as well

Who is Tuchulcha?
>>
>>52014652
>leaving sneaky Jew Guilliman and degenerate mutant Sanguinus alone
uh-huh
>>
>>52014697
see
>>52014700
>>
>>52014697
And Rob had his own Astronomicon
>>
>>52014640
C'mon man, it's a book written by GW, there is literally 0 characterization in them - your only hope for that is a BL book, and even those are hit and miss
>>
>>52014722
>And Rob had his own Astronomicon

It only pointed to Macragge.
>>
>>52014680
Then who is Mannfred and where is Be'lakor?
>>
>>52014667
>Yeah where the whole IG is totally unimportant
I'm sorry, is the IG supposed to be the "win every time" faction or "die on their feet, fighting against monsters with nothing but guts and a lasgun" faction? I thought the problem was the universe becoming to hopeful?

>>52014681
you're talking to multiple people, quit being a retard
>>
>>52014747
>Then who is Mannfred
Well it will be interestjng, mag be Vect?
>>
>>52014747
>mannfred

Looks like it's going to be Cypher

>Be'lakor

Got BTFO in this universe
>>
>>52014751
>I'm sorry, is the IG supposed to be the "win every time" faction or "die on their feet, fighting against monsters with nothing but guts and a lasgun" faction?
Nope, I mean in story about Fall of Cadia IG have no role except "useless npc", they weren't relevant in book.
>>
>>52014768
Except for Creed and kell. But thats a meaningless point because you could say the same thing for the Black Templars other than their commander, the SoB other than Saint Celstine and her entourage, the mechaniucs other than the archmagos, and the inquisition other than the inquisitor.
>>
>>52011527
Tgis why Im 30k niw and havent looked back.
>>
>>52013840
This.

Guilliman was always prepared to secede at a moments notice if he could get away from it. Alpharius/Omegon have "always, always been for the emperor"
>>
>ooooooo we're advancing the plot (for real this time swear to god)
>WE BLEW UP CADIA!
>WE BLEW UP BIEL-TAN!
>WE BROUGHT BACK GUILLIMAN!
>and then absolutely nothing changed

Does anyone really buy this empty hype?

Like, they just entirely retconned why Cadia is so important if it blew up and the Imperium's still standing
>>
>>52014841
Even Creed and Kell aren't very important for the story, the book wasn't about IG it was about Imperial Agents
>>
>>52014891
>creed isn't that very important
>book literally ends with him being saved by Trazyn or Cypher
>>
>>52014909
>>book literally ends with him being saved by Trazyn or Cypher
So what? He didn't bring the same impact into the story as Abbaon, Cawl, Trazyn, Benedict Greyfax or Living Saint
>>
>>52014870
Same. The story is amazing. 40k was good but seems rather silly anymore.
>>
>>52014932
He held off the black legion for months.

He fought the strongest space marine in the galaxy one on one, survived, and allowed Celestine to stab him in the back
>>
>>52014961
>He held off the black legion for months
Yeah, while Imperial Agents and Trazyn do all job
>>
>>52014985
Trazyn and the Living Saint arrived only after the Cadians had been dug in for some time
>>
>>52014877
Seeing as how about a day has passed in-universe since the fall of Cadia its not surprising the Imperium still stands. The Eye of terror is growing, but its going to take time to consume the entire galaxy. Plus, the necrons probably arent interested in playing a game of "the floor is lava" with the chaos gods, so theyll be slapping up pylons all over the place.
>>
>>52015048
OK, that doesn't change the fact that things functionally stay the same
>>
>>52015009
I mean "job for the plot, wnile IG just hold a oine".
>>
>>52015070
So is the problem that its ruining the setting by changing things or ruining the setting by not changing things? Saying that its false hype for marketing is pointless, its a product, of course its there to make money.
>>
>>52015144
I'm saying that they're hyping it up to god knows what but it's actually just another campaign
>>
>>52014985
If every member of the guard was another ollanius pious, creed, marbo, or macharius, it would kinda defeat the purpose of the guard. They exist to hold the line.
>>
>>52015176
>They exist to hold the line.
Yes, but book wasn't about this
>>
>>52015158
Thats fair. Personally, I prefer this to them starting another campaign for the 815th Black Crusade where they go "THIS TIME ITS FOR REAL" and then have it end in a status quo with Abbadon waving his fist and saying he'll get you next time he flies away .
>>
>>52015202
And the books about Armageddon didn't involve the Tau or the Tyranids. I don't see the problem with having books and campaigns that revolve around only a few factions.
>>
>>52015267
>book about Cadia shouldn't be about IG
kys
>>
>>52013586
>malcador
that was the Big E's tulpa.
>>
>>52014535
It's bullshit - it was a rumour from last year before wrath of Magnus came out when they were saying stuff like Dorn will be the first Primarch and that others would return but not be on the side of the imperials (the hint was the khan) and that one of the Heresy ones would turn back (Magnus but then everyone shut up as soon as daemon Magnus was released)
The some dumb burger started a meme that there was a real prophecy in wrath of Magnus because the fat fucker knew no one on tg actually reads the books
>>
>>52014574
It's the Slav
What do you expect from a country where they legalised wife beating?
>>
>>52012656
He's a great strategist and leader but a huge autist, the DA books in 30k make it a point to show how bad he has it after killing Nemiel and sending Luther to Caliban

he can't read people and expects people to follow his groove when few can, Zahariel even goes to realize that it was Luther who talked in order to unite all of the knight orders back when they were cleansing Caliban
>>
>>52013816
Alpharius is killed though
>>
>>52011527
Isn't there something about genestealer cults raping a woman in some short story? 'Cast a Hungry Shadow?' I haven't actually read it myself, but it sounds pretty messed up.

I don't think this is a brightening future - at best a slight sense of hope before a final storm where everything is shattered. And I don't think GW will really do a good job with it, if their recent writing is any evidence.
>>
File: 1483574283398.png (265KB, 330x281px) Image search: [Google]
1483574283398.png
265KB, 330x281px
>>52017319
I guess so now. Before I had held onto the hope that he had replaced Guilliman, but if that was the case it might be a bit more obvious.
>>52014870
How is 30k? I've heard Mechanicum lads like myself have it quite good there.
>>
>>52018317
Alpharius never dies. The rebirth of the Alpha Legion nears.
>>
>>52018317
>How is 30k?

HH is basically 5th edition in terms of balance, sure there are some clear winners and losers but everything has a chance against everyone plus the rules arent a clusterfuck of bonuses and theres a crapton of options to personalize your army.
>>
>>52013525
Fuck off Nurgle
>>
File: SMLegionOrg.jpg (334KB, 1244x849px) Image search: [Google]
SMLegionOrg.jpg
334KB, 1244x849px
>>52018431
I never played fifth, just as a quick question, how good are posessed/Gal Vorbak? I'm considering what I would do if I got in on that heresy, Imperial fists, Luna Wolves, Word Bearers or Mechanicum.
>>52018393
HYDRA DOMINATUS
>>
>>52017299
Angels of Caliban actually explains this pretty well- since he grew up in a forest, he sees people as either prey or predators, which is why he has zero moral qualms using supernapalm against innocents.

Also the pretty dark implication that he hunted men as well as beasts...
>>
With the way they wrote out Vulkan in the Beast books, I can say we can probably expect to never see him again. That's a shame, really, given how fucking good he would be as a second to Guilliman.
>>
>>52014612
Nothing will happen if they win armageddon just like how nothing happened when Abaddon defeated Cadia.
GW has prove with this event that their is not big thing the future. Every hinted event is just a way to extend the plot and never reach a conclusion.

Even if Abaddon invades Terra and kills the emperor someone will go on because GW needs to make money.

Cadias loss was suppose to signal the absolute end of the Imperium. But it didn't it signalled a new era of imperial prosperity.
>>
>>52021117
>perpetual
>dying
hmmmm
>>
>>52021410
Reduced to molecules and sucked into a reactor, which then exploded, taking a planet with it. Sure, coming back from a shotgun to the forehead is one thing, but even Grammaticus couldn't come back from that.
>>
>>52021400
>Even if Abaddon invades Terra and kills the emperor someone will go on because GW needs to make money.

Do you want 40k to end? It sure sounds like you do.

>Cadias loss was suppose to signal the absolute end of the Imperium. But it didn't it signalled a new era of imperial prosperity.

Guilliman is not going to usher in an era of prosperity. I can't wait for the next few books to come out just so this OMG Noblebright Imperium shitposting can stop.
>>
>>52021498
>Guilliman is not going to usher in an era of prosperity. I can't wait for the next few books to come out just so this OMG Noblebright Imperium shitposting can stop.
Are u redshirt or what?
>>
>>52021553
>Are u redshirt or what?

If I said yes, would you believe me and stop shitposting about muh glorious new golden age of reason and hope?
>>
>>52021600
>would you believe me and stop shitposting about muh glorious new golden age of reason and hope?
Nope because it will mean you are lying, just like your klind did about "average tuesday in 40k".
>>
>>52021498
>Do you want 40k to end? It sure sounds like you do.

I don't want GW to say. "Oh if this happens faction x wins!" and then when it happens it turns out "JK turns out it just makes the Imperium stronger"

>Guilliman is not going to usher in an era of prosperity. I can't wait for the next few books to come out just so this OMG Noblebright Imperium shitposting can stop.

Thats not what all his quotes say. Thats not what Warhammer Community people are saying. That not what facebook posts are claiming.

"Everything changes" is their tagline, and they bill Girly as the most perfect savior of reason and nobility.
>>
>>52021662
>Thats not what all his quotes say. Thats not what Warhammer Community people are saying. That not what facebook posts are claiming.
>"Everything changes" is their tagline, and they bill Girly as the most perfect savior of reason and nobility.

I just checked. They just said the Galaxy will never be the same. On WarhammerTV they just said he's their best hope.

Quite a jump going from that to "noblebright victory"
>>
Call me when the khan is doing a fucking sick jump off a chaos terminators face or some shit on his bike.

Until then I've checked out.

Sorry I'm just fucking salty. Doubt my favorite primarchs will return this year.
>>
>>52021882
>Sorry I'm just fucking salty. Doubt my favorite primarchs will return this year.
And it's good actually.
>>
File: GE facepalm.jpg (178KB, 1024x1132px) Image search: [Google]
GE facepalm.jpg
178KB, 1024x1132px
>>52011670
>The Gathering Storm, whether you like it or not, Is pretty much End Times 2
When will this meme die?
>>
File: avengers-age-of-ultron-costumes.jpg (125KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
avengers-age-of-ultron-costumes.jpg
125KB, 1100x619px
>>52013949
>40k and GW in general is DEAD as we knew it
That will only be true when GW decides to do to their IP what Marvel did to theirs.

>yfw Disney buys GW and a $300 million Ullanor Crusade movie is announced
>>
>>52023105
>When will this meme die?
Never since it's truth, it's fundamental changes in setting.
>>
>>52011670
>Which I don't mind necessarily. I haven't played too much of 7th

So much this. The only thing that is frustrating is the content for strong armies with lots of content hopefully that changes with 8th.
>>
>>52011527
People are happy, though they don't like saying so. The problem is, so far, the whole thing is very Imperium/Chaos focused, with a side course of Eldar. Everyone who plays a different faction will, until they see evidence, be awfully paranoid they'll be getting the shaft. Or even just get the shift later in the series, like the Sisters or have what they like about the faction overshadowed by new stuff like the whole Ynnead business and the Eldar.
>>
File: 1483005171813.jpg (372KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483005171813.jpg
372KB, 1920x1080px
>>52024040
>People are happy, though they don't like saying so
Gee I wonder who could be behind this post.
>>
>>52014877
Yep, it's all big announces and no substance.

Armageddon is an important part of the setting that was introduced as a campaign first, and then got a big place in the fluff.
They didn't make Ghazghkull raze an already existing place to emphatize of badass he is.

In a galaxy with a million worlds and 10.000 years of conflict, I can hardly believe that they've run out of places to explore in the stories.
>>
>>52018431
Hows the Solar Aux in HH? Been thinking about starting them for awhile
>>
>>52023318
that would be gnarly as fuck.
>>
>>52023105

never because we don't have a janitor who has the balls to ban the fantasyfags back to warseer and 8ch

those faggots decided to bitch even with 30k about the emrprah's model, siege of terra and Custodes toys
>>
>>52026354
>everyone who dislikes Girlyman are fantasyfags
kek
>>
>>52026478

>only fantasyfags deal in absolutes

I'll purge you if i must
>>
>>52026496
>>only fantasyfags deal in absolutes
So you are fantasyfag?
>>
>>52026275
>whitewashed marines
>string female SoS who don't need no man
>SM romances
>shitty quips

Uh no thanks
>>
>>52027079
its still better than that ultramarines movie from 2010.

PROVE ME WRONG, SORRY BUT YOU CANT.
>>
>>52011527
>They're giving a spark of hope in this grimdark setting
This kills the setting
>>
>>52011527
Geezus like the Imperium needed a Primarch. When was the last time Marneus or Logan even lost a battle? Now we got Guilliman, what are the fucking odds GW will ever let him lose a fight in 40k.

Why's he even fucking WS9? So what now over half the Primarchs are gonna have to be WS10 since Guilliman isn't even meant to be among the top 5 weapon masters.
>>
>>52012717
I don't think he wanted his own Imperium. He just wanted to preserve everything the crusade did for humanity, and with 500 worlds in the realm of ultramar he could at least keep some of the progress alive after civil war swept the rest back to square one.>>52013225
>>
>>52011816
>Actually in my country I'm considered to be a republican or whatever the fuck our equivalent is.
A racist?
>>
>>52028367
What?
>>
File: no hope.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
no hope.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
Ork and Tyranid supplements when?
>>
>>52012923
Didn't emps trust Sanguinius more than Horus? Like if Horus were to have a rival, it'd be Sanguinius
>>
>>52028392
American politics is massively skewed towards right wing vulture capitalism
So most democrats would by European standards be centre right with liberal social attitudes whilst most republicans are the equivalent of wife beater Eastern European parties
>>
>>52027597
He had over 1000 years of practice including the scouring
>>
>>52030986
So? Phoenix Lords have 8000+ Years of practise and are WS7, Magnus too.
>>
>>52031012
Exarchs are even worse job to marines with a hundred years experience
In the end Phoenix lords are limited by eldar bodies whereas a Primarch is closer to an avatar/greater daemon with extra organs to give hormones clot blood speed up reflexes
>>
>>52031132
Phoenix Lords have killed Greater Daemons. Lelith (a mortal Eldar) has WS9.

So explain again,
>>
>>52031162
Lelith is effectively glanded with her combat drugs - but knowing GW they will reveal she was secretly the avatar of Lileath
>>
>>52031356
Lelith doesn't use drugs you idiot, its part of her character.

Your still not providing any answer here. If 1000+ years justifies it, why don't Magnus or the Phoenix Lords have it after 8000+ years?
>>
>>52030966
>Look at us enlightened Europeans, aren't we just so progressive and superior
>Invites ten million illiterate Stone Age barbarians to live in his country, rape and murder skyrocket

Top kek.
>>
File: no gitz.jpg (170KB, 572x434px) Image search: [Google]
no gitz.jpg
170KB, 572x434px
Choose one

>Hard back Dread Mob PDF with updated datasheets and lore. GW releases plastic box set with Buzzgob, a squad of spanna boyz and a deff dread. Plastic Big Mek Stompa also released

or

>reprint FW's IA8 and GW's Ghazgkull supplement. GW releases a mega ork upgrade pack with bosspoles, glyphs, piping and a variety of weapons inc. loose rockets, big shootas and kustom mega blastas. Also includes a squad of grots and small squigg models
>>
>>52031012
>So? Phoenix Lords have 8000+ Years of practise and are WS7, Magnus too.

What is plateauing?
>>
>>52031835
Jidf please
>>
>>52030966
Not only are you retarded: you're also wrong.

The candidate for a formerly anti-Semitic, anti-immigration nationalist party is polling the highest in the first round of the French presidential election.
>>
>>52031399
Magnus doesn't focus on fighting
As I said - Phoenix lords are limited by the body of an eldar
Lelith is an anomaly - just because she claims to not use drugs or hameonculi stuff doesn't mean she doesn't
>>
>>52033075
She has a strong core but when it goes to the next rounds she will be slaughtered since the people whose candidates lose still won't vote for her
>>
>>52031132
>>52031399
Magnus is a psychic powerhouse, but isn't that great at hand-to-hand; it's the classic wizard stereotype.

Primarchs aren't just super space marines, they are literally made from warp energy
>>
File: 23-fantastic-four.jpg (72KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
23-fantastic-four.jpg
72KB, 640x370px
>>52027523
>>its still better than that ultramarines movie from 2010.
And the Trank FF film is better than the Corman version from 1994, what's your point?
>>
File: XjFColB.jpg (38KB, 376x304px) Image search: [Google]
XjFColB.jpg
38KB, 376x304px
>>52023992
>IT'S HABBENING
No, no it is not. They are moving the story forward a teeny tiny millimeter. Guilliman is just there to give everyone a little bit of hope for a new dawn of victory before everything is snuffed out forever.
>>
>>52013725

Magnus could have deleted russ and most of his legion with his fucking MIND. He LET Russ win as some retarded way of punishing himself and his legion for breaking the emperors toy.
>>
if dubs fulgrim realizes the error of his ways and repents, and gives a clone of ferrus manus to the iron hands
>>
>>52038289
off by one are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>52033121
Magnus has had 8000+ years of fighting experience over Guilliman who's been fucking in stasis. Even if he didn't focus and just did a bit that's WAY more than enough time to eclipse Guilliman.

And Lelith being an anomaly isn't a fucking reason its you sprouting shit. Point me to the canon where it states specifically Lelith is a bizare confluence of reality which cannot be matched by any Eldar. Also 'just cause she claims doesn't mean she doesn't' is the most infantile and stupid logic I've seen. By that measure just cause Guilliman claims he doesn't gargle Chaos juice doesn't mean he doesn't, just cause the Emperor claims to not be an Ork doesn't mean he isn't, there's no point even making discussions if your going to be willing to say something that idiot.

For fuck's sake Archons have WS8, higher than Phoenix Lords, and most of them are younger than Asurmen.

Don't try to act as if this WS makes any fucking sense.
>>
>>52032920
Not something we've ever been told Phoenix Lords do, weird considering Succubi can reach WS8 and Lelith WS9. I mean I'd be fine if Phoenix Lords were all 9 (save Maugan who should be more BS focused) since they've probably become unmatched after 8000+ years of nonstop focus on their combat.
>>
>>52033429
Phoenix Lords are literally disembodied souls fueled by an amalgamation of psychic energy which allows them to move through the warp, shield Eldar Temples in the Crone World from Daemons via the residual power of Eldar Gods and see the confluence of fate around individuals they meet.
>>
>I like 40k but I don't like the thing that makes 40k 40k and I'm glad they're changing 40k to not be 40k because I like 40k so much
>>
>>52039955
In the grim darkness of the 41'st millennium there is only war, everyone loses, nothing changes and there's no point trying.
>>
File: what the fuck.png (572KB, 468x420px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.png
572KB, 468x420px
>>52011670
For what reason.
>>
File: 40keks.jpg (177KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
40keks.jpg
177KB, 600x400px
>>52042694
>that one marine on the left
>>
>>52011691
>1st edition
>RT
>grimderp
whoah there pal sounds like you need a good dose of glam metal
>>
>>52011792

Kinda doesn't even matter because all the Nids are heading for Terra anyway...
>>
>>52013672

Looks like the characters from a Saturday morning cartoon show.
>>
>>52042952
to be honest it's somewhat of a fresh change of tone
personally i've found 40k to have stale farts in lieu of characters, at least having a cadre of """heroes""" gives it a bit of taste storywise

ofc I am mentally compartmentalizing all these Gathering Storm released into separate headcanon from what I call the "setting" of 40k so I can switch back and forth
>>
>>52027597
>Guilliman isn't even meant to be among the top 5 weapon masters.

Actually once Guilliman studies your style and assimilates it he quickly schools you.
>>
>>52042952
That's because they're genuinely replacing the Warhammer 40,000 setting with the Space Marine & Friends Cartoon Block.
>>
>>52043145
So that's why he's never talked about as being in the same league as Leman/Angron/Lion et al. in combat terms ever and only has WS7 in HH despite having had more than enough time to pick up Swords and, by your logic, outclass all swordsman with it? Try again.
>>
>>52043316
>So that's why he's never talked about as being in the same league as Leman/Angron/Lion et al.

He's said to be underestimated.

>in combat terms ever and only has WS7 in HH

Read his rules. The longer you fight him the higher his WS gets. Gman can easily get WS10 and thus outskill everyone else.
>>
>>52043037
This.

40k in general needs to be trimmed down and refreshed, as it it's like a calloused foot foot with 7 editions worth of dead skin choking anything new.
>>
>>52043371
Gman obviously got his throat cut after fighting two rounds against Fulgrim, boosting his WS to 9.
He never died so the combat technically never ended so he remains there to this day.
>>
>>52043457
Fixing the shitty rules doesn't require a fundamental change in the setting.
>>
The entire point of the setting is to have a fuckhueg playground for your dudes to be messing around in
Hell, the sheer scale of it makes it so you can have entire campaigns, story arcs, stories of end times and epic sagas that take place in not even a discernible fraction of the universe
What's objectively bad about the rising storm is not that they're just moving the "plot" forward (and anyway, who the fuck cares about the metaplot in 40k ?), it's that they're dumbing down the entire setting by reducing everything to "nice humans and elves against evil everything else"
What's great about Warhammer and W40k is the greyscale morality
The Imperium has been built up for decades as the most bloody and totalitarian regime ever conceived, where heroes can only exist in collective perception through ignorance and now they are turning them into the good guys, effectively ruining years of multilayered universe building because of a marketing strategy
They had 10 000 fucking years to explore between the Heresy and the 41st if they wanted to do something new
They had the Age of Strife, even the Great Crusade, an era that's beillibg with fresh stuff to be uncovered, isolated human colonies, weird aliens before they got xenocided by the mehreens
Instead they chose to throw everything in the trash and pop out microwaveable primarchs, when they were already developping the hell out of them in 30k
It's lazy and boring, while being also completely counterintuitive
At least we already have a treasure of lore and games on everything that's already been done, that we can still expand and play in
I dropped the miniatures a long time ago so I'm not too mad (although I am) and I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for WFB and 40k players that are seeing their dudes getting the shaft for Bareback Ladyboy's Age of Ultramar
>>
>>52011527
As a chaos player, Im hoping the whole game gets Age of Emprah'd. Im really getting tired of listening to all the Imperial players at my LGS try to explain how all their constant buffs are fair.
>>
>>52043745
As a Tau player I agree. Its time to smash the imperial hegemony. 40k was always meant to be about the noble Tau and the other Xenos races.
>>
>>52044053
I really think more people would be into it if it was a more diverse space opera. At this point nobody's playing any games that make fluffy sense because its all imperials fighting imperials or losing to demons.

Also, lll freely admit that there are a few non imperial builds that work: daemons have some great tricks, Eldar are obviously broken, and past 2k points necrons can roll with the best of them if played properly. That still leaves chaos, nids, tau, and orks, and Dark Eldar in the dust.
>>
>>52044537

>Tau
>In the dust

Are you really being serious right now? Tau are very strong and in tournaments that allow them to use all their units they trash people.

They're better than Necrons at least.
>>
>>52013949
>Expect semi-toy figures

heeehehehehee, if only you knew
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.