[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My brthday's in March and I've been thinking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

My brthday's in March and I've been thinking about doing something different this year. As terrible as a murder mystery dinner sounds, I feel really inclined to creating some kind of interactive experience for a small group of guests.

Has anyone ever run one of these? Did it go well? Any tips?

Also, what are some other things I could do instead?

>tl;dr: murder mystery ???
>>
>>52005564
I attended a murder mystery dinner once. I didn't really like the format and the way they handled interaction with the audience. I ended up focusing on my dinner instead of the mystery, and sadly it was a mediocre dinner.

I felt a "dinner theater" format would have worked better for the crowd they were serving too, but it also didn't help that they were also fairly poor actors that chose a dumb theme for the event.
>>
>>52005614
That sounds really uncomfortable...
>>
>>52005564
I went to one that my married couple friends threw. It was alright. We didn't have dinner though. It was at like 3pm. I would definitely recommend alcohol and food. Helps if you can get some more creative, whimsical, and outgoing friends to participate. The ones that like to cosplay/dress up.
>>
>>52005564
>>52005614
No actors, just a 'detective' to help people into the system as GM.
One of the diners is 'murdered' by another diner. The group then has to find out who. The murderer wins if they aren't found out, but lose if they are.
It's a draw if no conclusion is arrived at. To win, the murderer must have someone else conclusively accused of the murder they committed.

For added fun, have the murderer and victim decided beforehand, and the murder happen during the dinner, somehow. Possibly by way of passed notes.

For added fun, give everyone a motive to kill someone else. First one to commit the murder AND get someone else accused of it wins. This gives the possibility of a murder being used to distract attention from the first murder, or just killing the person about to accuse you and trying to get away with that, too.
>>
>>52009873
This sounds like what I'm kind of looking for. I'd assume I'll be detective ofcourse. I'm a bit weary tho about having people kill other people right there, like, what if they are super sloppy about it and the game reache it's end in 10 minutes???
>>
>>52010645
Well, then you collect all the tokens and start another game. And another, and another, until people learn to commit murders PROPERLY.

Or people just have a whale of a time stabbing each other when nobody's looking and then wander off like nothing's amiss. Or loudly discovering the body they just caused.

Assign characters if you have to.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.