[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you include reference to a kaiju-ecosystem in a medieval,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: gettingrekt.gif (908KB, 350x165px) Image search: [Google]
gettingrekt.gif
908KB, 350x165px
How would you include reference to a kaiju-ecosystem in a medieval, low-fantasy setting as you describe that world to your players? Mind you, I'm thinking Kaiju that are simply humongous magical animals, without any greater motives beyond their own survival.
>>
I don't understand the problem.

"the traders say there's great beasts in the wastes. As big as mountains."
>>
>>52005571
There is no problem. I'm just curious how others do it or would do it. Thanks for sharing your perspective.
>>
>>52005354
Ecosystem? Ridiculous. Any beast that gigantic would require an equally gigantic food supply, so there's no way you could have enough of them to qualify as an indigenous species. Now one or two, on the other hand, might make for a cool addition to a forbidding landscape.
>>
Monster Hunter.
>>
File: godzilla-1.jpg (41KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla-1.jpg
41KB, 500x334px
>>52005354
>reference to a kaiju-ecosystem

Easy
>>
>>52005354

"Gather round the fire. Children, behave or you'll miss the story. That means you, Rolf. Take heed and listen to an old man for once. Especially one who just came home.

You too, stranger. Come, come there is room for all. That's good, warmer now, aren't you?

Now, you've all heard of the tales from the east. Of the great reptiles that stalk the lands, big as a building, with teeth as sharp as swords and scales tougher than any steel we can make? You've heard of those tales a hundred nights and more.

This is not one of those tales. Those nights...are over. Not because I am tired of telling those tales. No, those nights are over because those great beasts are gone.

Dead to the last, their corpses dot the countryside in every direction. Sometimes alone, sometimes in great fields of bones and rotting flesh. But each bears marks most sinister. Claws and teeth, of such size as to dwarf the very beasts they rent themselves on.

Few have lived to tell the tale from where these new...but very old giants have walked. I only met one man, hideously burnt. He died two days after passing on his tale to me. He said...they have a name for these new things.

They call them the kaiju, and they make meals of dragons."
>>
Just keeping it legendary or tying them to a god/ area of note. In case of gods' pets, essentially, the beast could be kind of like a god's mindless avatar in the mortal world. A sea god would have a gigantic leviathan rising from the darkest depths, a sky god could have a giant bird that flies off beyond the horizon every time it is seen, with no roosting spot ever found. And so on...

I'm not a fan of kaiju, but I love strange local monsters with tall tales around them, like a unique Nightmare that appears on foggy nights on dates that end on 3. It is rumored that it preys on unwary travelers in the night, with a quite impressive tally (although most of the victims probably died of entirely unrelated causes) attributed to it. Local men claim to have seen it in the night, from afar. One says he once saw it face to face and his hair was white since that day...
>>
>>52005354
"Yo mama's so fat..."
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.