[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in dire need of some system recommendations, so maybe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: rdinn.jpg (376KB, 850x690px) Image search: [Google]
rdinn.jpg
376KB, 850x690px
I'm in dire need of some system recommendations, so maybe general recommendations thread?

Looking for a fantasy system that offers:
Gridless combat
Medium(+) rules depth
More than 4 playable races
Skills for martials
Optional setting (can brew my own)

I played V:tM before and actually liked the loose combat but bloodsuckers is just not my favorite setting. D&D 5E seems to be hackable for gridless but not optimal and DSA/TDE can fuck off with its boring races. Couldn't find the current .pdfs for Earthdawn.
>>
>>52002479
5E is designed specifically for non-grid gameplay. I've never actually seen anyone play it with a grid before.

Plus it's the only thing I can think of that ticks all your boxes without being so obscure you'd never find a full group to play it.
Maybe Burning Wheel?
>>
GURPS
>>
>>52002577
Got a group that will most likely play anything that would tick most of these boxes, so that's not the biggest problem. I've seen a lot of "how to translate spell cones into non-grid relative positions" etc. threads about 5E, that's why I didn't immediately look into it.
>>
>>52002737
The people making those threads are retarded, 5E is explicitly made to work with theater of the mind gameplay.
>>
>>52002479
GURPS, either Dungeon or Fantasy.
>>
>>52002805
It's Dungeon Fantasy.
Just "Fantasy" is a "how to build a fantasy setting" book.
>>
>>52002479
>Medium(+) rules depth
Now is that
>I really want a rules lite system but don't want to admit I want soft rules.
or
>What I really want is really crunchy rules, but want to avoid anything that remotely sounds like D&D
>>
>>52002479

Looking for a fantasy system that offers:
>Gridless combat
>Medium(+) rules depth
>More than 4 playable races
>Skills for martials
>Optional setting (can brew my own)

pretty much F.A.T.A.L. good anon
have fun!!!

also rollan
>>
>>52002577
>Medium(+) rules depth
>Maybe Burning Wheel?
Burning wheel is one of the few systems that I'd consider heavier rule wise than 3.5
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>52002872
>>
>>52002850
I like when it's depth that can actually be used for something instead of being "depth for depth's sake". Maybe "options" would be a more fitting term? Sure you can homebrew lots of stuff but I enjoy systems that have a solid core to work with.
>>
>>52003033
Go with Savage Worlds
>>
>>52002479
Play Shadow of the Demon Lord
>>
>>52002479
>More than 4 playable races
Why? Can't role play properly unless someone has elf titties and dwarf cock?
>>
>>52003338
Because I find it extremely boring. Hey let's play a fantasy campaign with humans, short humans and catwalk models with an abnormally long lifespan.
>>
>>52003397
And someone who plays a demon, djinn, or angel the exact same way as a human, short human, or catwalk model with an abnormally long lfiespan except with a minor gimmick is not boring to you?
>>
>>52002479
Rule of Cool's Legend.
>>
>>52003473
Djinn, Demon or Angel are arguably further away from being human + modifier than dwarf #8733
>>
File: IMG_3896.png (815KB, 749x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3896.png
815KB, 749x749px
>>52002479

FFG Star Wars Edge of the Empire
>>
>>52003397

If you are bored by settings that only have humans in them then you have no idea what good characterization is. You are simply a pleb. I suspect you're probably a snowflaker too. Indulge us: what was your last character?
>>
>>52005465
huh... actually yea, seconding this.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.