[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ is it normal for a FLGS to not let you choose what booster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 235.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
235.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
/tg/ is it normal for a FLGS to not let you choose what booster you buy? I like to box map and make reasonably sure I will get some value, but when I was at a store recently they kept the boosters in a cabinet and the staff just took one at random.

Buying sealed product is basically pointless in this situation.
>>
>>51995041

Stores do this so that people who exploit the system don't ruin it for the rest of the people who buy the remainder of the sealed product.

My stores let you pick, but they shuffle the packs before opening the store. They even leave the Wizards film on the box to make it seem like they just ripped it from the case.
>>
>I like to box map

This is why many stores don't let you choose the booster. My LGS owner always keeps two boxes worth of packs all mixed up so it's impossible to box map. He does this with every card game, Magic, YGO, Pokemon, Vanguard and lets people pick from the box of all mixed packs. He says you get to pick but he gets to randomize.

>they kept the boosters in a cabinet and the staff just took one at random

This is so you have to buy more if you want to get any ROI, which isn't going to happen.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 256x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 256x346px
>>51995041

1/10
>>
>>51995041

Never EVER buy booster from a store that one let you pick, has obviously tampered with the box or who keeps their boosters in a big bowl/box/whatever that isn't the original booster box.

Chances are the store is box mapping and selling off all the worthless boosters.
>>
>>51995041
If you want to box map just buy the box yourself, open the good packs, and then sell the bad ones yourself.
>>
>>51995041
If you want to map, you buy boxes, not single boosters. Then you use the rest to draft/sell on mkm (thats why sometimes single boosters are so cheap there).
>>
Box map?
>>
>>51996447
Box mapping is a process in which you open a pack and based on the contents are able to figure out the rest of the mythics/good rares in the box.

There are different ways to do it. Here's one video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4v4Cxo8ito

IMHO it's okay to box map if you're drafting the jank packs for fun. Otherwise, it's scummy.
>>
>>51995041
And that's why my store randomizes too. At this point, I wouldn't buy packs from someone who DIDN'T randomize the packs or something, just because of people like you.
>>
>>51996907
Cool, now you only have to worry about the store having already taken out every valuable booster pack before "randomizing" the rest.
>>
Does mapping even work? Has anyone ever posted data or is it more how people swore holding a certain direction and button increased the chance of catching a Pokemon?
>>
>>51996907

>This fucking moron thinks random guys picking out mapped packs is the danger when the stores have unrestricted access to all the boosters out of view of the customers.

fucking lmao

"Randomized boosters" is code for "We picked out the mapped packs and are selling you doofuses the chaff"

But no no, I'm sure YOUR LGS is Special and Trustworthy
>>
>>51997059
Word of that would get out pretty quick. It's hard enough to make a LGS profitable. No decent businessman is going to risk losing their entire customer base over a $10 card
>>
>>51997208
Because only one person works at gaming stores, right? No one speaks to anyone or sees what goes on whenever booster boexes get opened, right? Have you ever been to a LGS or do you just shitpost here?
>>
>>51997265

>"The people who work at my LGS OBVIOUSLY care more about their loyalty to ME than their loyalty to their boss, the people they work with and keeping their fucking job!"

You're just precious aren't you.

Not to mention that whoever owns the store can map the packs and take out the good stuff without telling anyone if his employers are complete shitters or he has revolving door employees.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.