[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, looking to start my own 40k army. Any recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: You're in the guard son.jpg (124KB, 864x960px) Image search: [Google]
You're in the guard son.jpg
124KB, 864x960px
Hey guys, looking to start my own 40k army. Any recommendations for a 500 point start? Just something to spend time on and eventually build onto later, as I'm brand new to the tabletop.
>>
Pick what army looks best to you. Nothing worse than fielding a flavor of the year army but not really liking it and having it nerfed later
>>
File: 1483938366078.jpg (39KB, 596x401px) Image search: [Google]
1483938366078.jpg
39KB, 596x401px
Whomever you choose, just be sure to follow the cardinal rule of thinning your paints.

>>51990238
But yeah this entirely. I've got around 7 armies at this point and the only one I regret starting was the one I bought because it was sweeping tournaments at the time and I was able to trade for it pre-painted. Sold the whole lot for a hundred bucks, I couldn't wait to get rid of it.
>>
File: duckweiner2.jpg (38KB, 854x616px) Image search: [Google]
duckweiner2.jpg
38KB, 854x616px
>>51990141

>Choose only the most op and flavor of the month models, regardless of what you like
>buy all your models at once
>get frustrated while assembling all that crap and do a bad job
>slap very thick paint on 25% of models
>prime the other 50% and never paint them
>leave the rest unpainted
>come shitpost on /40kg/
>>
>>51990141
Funny thing is, that in Battlefleet gothic: Armada, that is pretty much what IG representative looks like in game.
>>
>>51990141
Find an army that you like the look of and fluff you like. After that, pick up a start collecting box, most are around 50% off if you were to buy the models separately.
>>
>>51990141
ye, most armies have these start collecting sets which give you models for cheaper.
If you want to start guard, pick the cadian or catachan defense force, depending on what flavor of guard you prefer.
>>
>>51990141
>Any recommendations for a 500 point start?
Current rules designed for 1,5k points at least
>>
>>51990141
Figure out where you are going to play; what is the scene like over there?
Casual, competitive? Ask around a bit.

You should just play an army that you will enjoy collecting and painting etc, as that honestly fills up a large part of the game. Game strategies etc. can vary to a degree, especially with editions.
>>
>Really likes Sisters of Battle
>Nearest scene to play is 8h travel time away
>Getting the 1k point worth of army will be worth around 2 months of salary 4 if u want to eat in the mean time

Such is life
>>
>>51993485
If you do the maths on the Skitarii one, at least in Britain, you end up getting the Onager for £3.40, it normally costs £40
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.