[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I need some support. I tricked my players into playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: DM'ing.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
DM'ing.png
291KB, 750x366px
Guys, I need some support. I tricked my players into playing a one-shot Mouse Guard game.
I wanted to make a comfy story in vein of Hakumei to Mikochi but I fucked up.
I went overboard in describing a misty forest and put on Fordom as an ambient music and It became way creepier than It was intended.

I know I fucked up, I might've been slightly drunk but I went with It and put some overly ambitious noble, murder and and boars destroying a fort and eating Its citizens.

Guys, I somehow turned Mouse Guard into a creepy horror survival game and my players loved It.

But I have no idea what the fuck do I do.
What the fuck was I thinking.
>>
>>51982636
Keep going.
>>
>>51982636
Get equally drunk and do it again. You ever seen what mongooses and shit like that do to mice and rats? Owls? Shits horrifying.
>>
Sounds awesome.
Just roll with it.
>>
>>51982636
Check out the comics, its not just mouseknights. A lot of it is about survival in the wilderness. Being smaller than everything else while its trying to eat you is horror. Sounds like you did fine.
>>
>>51982636
>Hakumei to Mikochi
Which is what?
>>
>>51982720
Yeah this.

What it sounds like is you didn't know how the mouse guard world feels, but then accidentally played a real guard game anyway.
>>
>>51982636
Survival is already a big focus of Mouseguard (horror less so).

I'd focus on the horrors and brutality of nature. Bigger animals see you as a snack, the weather is trying to kill you, natural disasters destroy everything you care about.

Also, I would avoid direct combat. Mouseguard's weird conflict system tends to work better with encounters like "escape the boars" or "keep the boars from destroying the town", and not "kill the boar before it eats you". Emphasize the fact that the mice are weak and can't directly do much damage, but are good at working together and can use creative strategies: leading enemies into thorns, off cliffs, into rivers, etc.
>>
>>51982720
Splash a handful of water in your face.

That's what a single raindrop is to a mouse.
>>
>>51982636
>I somehow turned Mouse Guard into Mouse Guard and my players loved It.
>>
File: Loggerhead_Shrike_s70-3-014_l_1.jpg (42KB, 1024x820px) Image search: [Google]
Loggerhead_Shrike_s70-3-014_l_1.jpg
42KB, 1024x820px
>>51982763
>I'd focus on the horrors and brutality of nature.

Ah, just look at this little ball of fluff.
>>
>>51982860
>tfw barbwire fence full of mouse skeletons rattles gently in the wind

Shirkes are fucked up
>>
Welp
>>51982720
>>51982697
>>51982763
>>51982755
Any ideas I could use? Granted, I'm not familiar with the original material but I think I'm quite good with no combat tense shit. I imagine climbing a running in full boar in hope of attracting It children away from the fort is a decent idea? Lots of climbing checks, teamwork and looking for safe spots to hang out seems like just the thing for the setting

>>51982735
>http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Hakumei-to-Mikochi/Vol-002-Ch-011?id=271433
Here's a random chapter. It's a comfy manga about tiny people, slice of life and suprisingly decent amount of worldbuilding.

And yeah, because I wasn't quite sane at the time, I put in mysterious whispers from the mist, and dreams of endless labyrinth.

Should I just get drunk and watch a lot of documentaries
>>
>>51982896
Ask /co/ for the comics. They're dope.

Thinking about how hard it would be to do stuff if you were really small helps. If you can, go for a walk outside and steal terrain features. A tree stump covered in snow is pretty normal to us but mice trying to trick a boar into charging it could be cool. Fighting a woodtick while you're climbing a boar that's rampaging around. It could start to rain. Stuff like that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.