[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know if I should bring up complaints about a game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1482605496764.png (813KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1482605496764.png
813KB, 1080x1920px
I don't know if I should bring up complaints about a game to the GM.

No one seems to have any complaints but me and had a lot of fun that session. I'm also pretty nitpicky at times so I don't even know if my complaints are even legitimate.

I brought up some of my complaints to the players and they don't seem to care since most of the things I have to complain about benefited us. I doubt he's going to change much since only 1 out of 5 players has these complaints so I might just be a waste of time.

Any advice?
>>
>>51969982
I thought this was one of those magic eye pictures, but then I realized it was too narrow after I got it overlapping.
>>
>>51969982
What're your complaints?
>>
We gotta know what the complaints are bruh
>>
Not OP but I dont like complaining to my GM cuz this
>hey GM, I dont feel like were getting enough magic items
>starts to give magic items we didnt earn or intend to give us just to appease me
>>
>>51970121
it just never feels as satisfying
>>
I really wish I had the "Best Thread on /tg/" badge right now.
>>
>>51970226
It's in the alternative cyberpunk thread right now.

OP pic is a thumbnail of a black guy.
>>
>>51970279
Eh. That thread actually deserves the badge.
>>
>>51970079

To shorten a long story,
>We need some magical item that's in a long abandoned city far far away
>We get there and a necromancer is squatting on the magical item using it as his source of power
>The people of the city are sea but their souls are trapped for some reason
>We fight some undead and the necromancer appears impressed that a havent does yet
>We tell him we need just a small amount of his power source (some magic crystals) and he turns us down, but he invites us to his manor
>The cityfolk are surprised we aren't dead and group around us
>One party member convinced them to help us take some of his power source for us and destroy it. No checks, no persuasion.
>We talk to the one person in the city who has a vague idea of how the crystals work
>The necromancer will eventually run out since he doesn't know how or where to get more and with that his power will fade and they think they will be freed
>All of the trapped spirits in the city know this
>They also mentioned that they think if they die in this form rather than moving to the after life they will be subject to eternal suffering.
>They agree to destroy the crystals and get some for us while we distract the necromancer
>One of us had an impossible to open letter as a trinket
>We decide to distract the necromancer with the letter
>Necromancer catches on to the plan
>Bard gets him to stay and listen to a song via persuasion
>Suggestion to let us leave
>Necromancer goes to check on his power source and begins killing the spirits
>We get some of the Crystal and teleport out with a scroll.
>>
>>51970487

My main complaints are, why would they help us? If they were so willing to die why didn't they try to do this earlier? Who would stay to listen to a song when they feel their source of power is in danger? No one even knew if destroying the crystals would save the spirits. Why didn't the party take the clear invitation to work for him for a while so we could figure out how to save the spirits, which I forgot to mentiom, one player had their backstory tied to the city and wanted to save the spirits. And how we as a party screwed an entire city of spirits to eternal suffering.

Really, I expected some sort of repercussions for the terrible plan but we just got away unscathed and teleported three continents away with the scroll given to us by the guy who wanted us to get the crystal.
>>
>>51970530
Sounds like the gm wanted to move the story along and/or didn't think of a thing. It happens.

The bard distracting via song might be them trying to make sure everyone felt like they did something.

These aren't bad complaints really. Worth talking to the gm about in a casual way. None of them were game ending mistakes, just stuff they can work on for story telling, or maybe they were trying to work everyone into the game, etc. They have to balance a lot of concerns.

Seems like you just feel like it was too easy. You can bring that up. It might not go anywhere if everyone else is happy. Or they might crank the difficulty more than you want. Depends on how you approach it. Probably best to see if anyone else thought similarly and decide if its that important to you.
>>
>>51970824

>Sounds like the gm wanted to move the story along and/or didn't think of a thing. It happens.

That's pretty much what I've been thinking. It really bothers me but at the same time it's such a trivial thing to be bothered about.

>These aren't bad complaints really. Worth talking to the gm about in a casual way. None of them were game ending mistakes, just stuff they can work on for story telling, or maybe they were trying to work everyone into the game, etc. They have to balance a lot of concerns
Yeah, I'll probably bring them up but not make a big deal out of it.

And yeah it did feel too easy. But if everyone else is having fun then it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>51971179
Least you understand rule 0.
One of my players is trying to make my literal phoned in, rules light campaign this ultra complicated ordeal. Gods are even based on Skyrim lore since most of the group isn't very versed in mythology of any system really, and he just keeps on bitching and attempting to correct me on shit.

Yet when I ask him if he wants to take over, he gets pissy.

Could always be worse, man.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.