[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saw a bundle of these books at my local games store and was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: EW-bookfan.png (375KB, 600x321px) Image search: [Google]
EW-bookfan.png
375KB, 600x321px
Saw a bundle of these books at my local games store and was wondering if anyone here has played them and what you made if them.
>>
>>51969741
In a previous thread another anon elucidated all the glaring, awful flaws of this game, which I cannot recall now.

It was a very long list.
>>
Read through my friends alien one, gonna be honest its to simple a system, also in the zombie book he had it say your starting gear is wh as ts on you type deal....so to mess with him I came with a trench coat on....under it I had lv IV plats, a 74, 4 hand guns an IFAC, cheap night vision, about 1k total bullets... was able to give out pistols to all players when game started, had assualt rifle (they all do the same, all pistol are same in game, same with "assualt rifles") also had 20 of thoose food ration bars..... gm had not made a game for front loaded pc's. Kinda ruined his first two nights. But then we got whooped up on right quick.

Over all its a good intro to rpgs type game system, not shit just simple simple. How much was the set?
>>
>>51970136
$100
And damn that is an issue
>>51970081
If you could link the thread that would be awesome.
>>
>>51970081
Bumping for curiosity about this
>>
>>51970081
I too am curious about this list.
>>
>>51969741
Awful, awful bullshit. I can handle fluffy, narrative games, but they didn't even try here.

If you can get them free, just read them for the scenarios and then throw them away.
>>
>>51969741
I played in with one of my friends as a newbie GM and I have no clue what it was about. I was just playing myself running from zombies wondering what the heck was going on.
>>
I can give you a bit of insight on these games OP because I've read the zombie one.

It has two cool ideas, one that you play as yourselves, and start where you are currently (the room you are in). Then you narrate from there. You also "vote" on each other's stats.

However, these ideas could easily be ported to a better system. It is stupid overcomplicated dice pool crap and I would rather kill myself than actually play it.
>>
As someone who owns, and has played, them I can tell you they're pretty rad. They're far from d&d. There's very little crunch, but I'd say there's enough crunch to be a game. It does require a modicum of common sense, though. The rules don't hold your hand. You pretty much just roll based on your six stats. With the slightest modifier based on any glaring flaws or perks you may have.
>>
>>51969741

Despite what you may or may not think about those books, you ever made them was a complete genius. I mean honestly those were trying to get into role-playing games, and yet don't want to read very many rules, it looks like quite the buy for them when they see how big the book is. It's absolutely marketing genius. And that doesn't mean that it's good, believe you me I hate it just as much as anyone else does, but it is marketing genius nonetheless for those who have no experience running role playing games. New GM's will eat that shit up.
>>
I own 3 of the 4 and I'd say its a good but extremely light RPG, but they were the first things I DMed so its good for people like me, for anyone with standard experience you'll find it extremely lacking. Me and my friends play it as a fun 1 night, light game.
>>
>>51970136
>shit that never happened
>>
>>51969741
They are kind of cute but the system isn't too strong. It's more suited for one-shots and is almost more of a party game than an rpg, so for that I can personally forgive it for some of the flaws it has.

For example, during character creation you just pick what you think your stats should be on a scale of 1-6, since you play yourself. Then everyone votes on whether a stat of yours should be higher or lower. And based on that vote you raise or lower your stat by one. Meaning that you could just pick 6s in all your stats and all anyone can do about it is lower all your stats to five.

But your probably going to be playing this game buzzed with some close friends, so hopefully no one will actually do that.

There are a few other mechanical things people bitch about that I don't actually remember. I think it services as a quick pick up game, but others can't forgive it for being weak. Which is totally fair. I just have a soft spot for it since, like I said, I think it's cute.
>>
>>51975208
Shit that did happen actually.
>>
>>51969741
This looks like it would be a fantastic minatures game.

Cthullu vs Skynet Vs Evil Dead vs Independence Day
>>
>>51969741
The system is shit.
But the scenarios are fucking great.
Buy it for the scenarios alone, they are well worth it in my book.
Just port your own system into it and it can be very fun.
>>
>>51975949
>yeah guys i brought HEAPS of guns to my friends house and they all thought i was really cool and my night vision goggles i got from call of duty and hid them in a trenchcoat they must have been scared of how badass i was though they asked me not to come back
>>
>>51969741
Personally I think it's the best series of post apoc RPGs out there, the zombie one smashed AFMBE on both a narrative and technical level.
>>
>>51972539
>You also "vote" on each other's stats.
Sweet Jesus I can see this going badly.
I play with several people who are constantly trying to be the 'alpha' of the group, this would not end well.
I also think the game would end up being kind of samey- how many times can one group play through a machine-based apocalypse?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.