[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the better setting between Eberron and Planescape?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: faunny.png (167KB, 870x509px) Image search: [Google]
faunny.png
167KB, 870x509px
Which is the better setting between Eberron and Planescape?

Has to be between those two, nothing else.
>>
>>51964654
I'd say go with Eberron, it's more grounded in a certain setting. Players will become disinterested in wherever they go if they keep plane jumping to the point they will feel no real connection to where they are
>>
>>51964654
Gonna say Eberron as well. It really does it all, between magic actually being industrialized, kickass Warforged, and having the best Goblin Lore and Civilization of any setting.
>>
>>51964654
Eberron is a lot of fun
>>
>>51964654
Eberon is fun but I love the atmosphere of Planescape.
With the right group, Planescape knocks Eberon into a cocked hat, but with the wrong group Planescape becomes unbearable.

So I suppose my answer depends on your group. If you are unsure then Eberon is better, simply because there is less to go wrong.
If they are awesome then Planescape will give them space to flex their creative muscles and have some fun.
If they are douchbags who need teaching they are not the mutts nutts, and that sometimes their actions have consiquences, then Planescape. And sit back and watch them die horribly several times a session against beings they are as an insect to.
>>
File: 1461536261347.png (338KB, 700x645px) Image search: [Google]
1461536261347.png
338KB, 700x645px
>>51964654
That's a rare shota, does anybody know the source? I've been looking but can't find it anywhere.

Also, I'm convinced Eberron is pretty much the absolute best in terms of D&D settings, go with that.
>>
Eberron.
>>
>>51964654
eberron, more grounded and works as a better deterrent against snowflake characters/races.
>>
>>51967842
If you're picking a setting based on what deters "snowflakes" then maybe pick a less interesting setting than Eberron, and try not getting butt-hurt over the form other people's creativity takes.

For my Money Eberron is fantastic and under used, so we can agree on that. Has anyone done a 5e conversion yet?
>>
>>51967957
I said "better" not "best". obviously with those two choices it's the lesser of two evils when comes to separating the wheat from the chaff.
>>
File: 1469843877246.png (907KB, 1045x1339px) Image search: [Google]
1469843877246.png
907KB, 1045x1339px
>>51967957
You mean besides the Unearthed Arcana for it?

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/unearthed-arcana-eberron
>>
>>51966043
I mean Sigil is a decent setting unto itself if you're doing planescape.
>>
>>51968070
how the fuck did I miss that? thanks based anon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.