[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are some people who really seem to hate big weapons. Wizards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 34

File: 1455391242121.png (218KB, 698x800px) Image search: [Google]
1455391242121.png
218KB, 698x800px
There are some people who really seem to hate big weapons.

Wizards with floating gems circling their staffs, barbarians that can lift a grizzly bear over their heads, thieves that can dance on the head of a pin, all these seem to go unchallenged, but a sword that weighs more than 10 lbs isn't even included as an option in 5e, regardless of how high your character's level or strength score might be.

Is it really that impractical, regardless of how strong your character is?
>>
>>51956320
Yes, And it's too slow.

20 STR and dual-wielding is beastly.
>>
One word. Envy.
>>
File: flamberge.jpg (231KB, 502x776px) Image search: [Google]
flamberge.jpg
231KB, 502x776px
>>51956320
I like big swords, but yes, I will balk at a ridiculously large sword.

Monsters like the flamberge are fine though.
>>
File: 1274158515693.jpg (16KB, 355x224px) Image search: [Google]
1274158515693.jpg
16KB, 355x224px
People just have this knee-jerk reaction to "anime shit" regardless of what it actually is or how it works.

The main argument against it would be how you balance something like a giant sword intended for use by a Medium character. Even if you're superhuman enough to wield such a thing with no loss of speed, it's hard to get around it being unwieldy as all fuck. That only applies if you're trying to be "realistic," though. If you don't care about that, go nuts.

No one should care about big swords in a game where a regular scythe is presented as a viable option.
>>
I'm actually sort of glad there's no "full blade" or any of those other big swords in 5e, because I like the idea of big swords being really special, to the point where you need special permission from the DM.
>>
>>51956574
That sword is cool, but paired with that armor? Fuck, that's awesome.
>>
>Why does LITERALLY EVERYONE complain about fictional trope A, but LITERALLY NO ONE complain about unrelated fictional trope B?
>>
File: DS-1744_2_.png (460KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
DS-1744_2_.png
460KB, 850x850px
>>51956574
The bardiche and gallowglass axe are cool too.
>>
>>51956320
A bigger weapon hits harder, but is still impractical due to being unwieldy and harder to use. Besides, if I can lift and swing a 20lb sword, why not use a 6lb sword I could swing God knows how much faster?
>>
>>51956320
Im fine with two handed weapons like a claymore or one of those big long shafted battleaxes.

But when you get into guts dragon slayer territory then im calling bullshit.
>>
>>51956320
After a certain point it's nota sword anymore, just a slab of metal that counts as a maul.
>>
>>51956574
That codpiece is more disturbing than the sword.
>>
>>51956320
that's nice, go play Anima or another japanese TTRPG if you don't like it.
>>
It seems to be less about big weapons in general, and rather mostly just big swords.

Hammers and axes are typically RIDICULOUSLY big in western fantasy art.
Look at this, and compare it to an actual warhammer, like-
>>
File: AH-4130.png (214KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
AH-4130.png
214KB, 850x850px
>>51956732
-this.
>>
File: InsultArmor.jpg (378KB, 729x800px) Image search: [Google]
InsultArmor.jpg
378KB, 729x800px
>>51956628
>>51956657
Even better is this armor from the same period. Just imagine how long it must have taken to create such detail, and then have it wrecked with a warhammer or guy half-swording.
>>
>10 lbs

Even the flamberge pictured, the bardiche, dane axe, etc. mentioned here never weighed near ten pounds.

A 10 pound sword is gonna be great for giant overhead swings, and giant overhead swings are good for getting stabbed in the gut and dying on the floor like a dumbass.
>>
>>51956746
>Obscene hand gestures
For when you want to flip off a guy but also use a zweihänder.
>>
>>51956746
> Decorated with obscene hand gestures.

The spirit of man remains as it is regardless of the age.
>>
File: omi2bxj4shpx[1].jpg (90KB, 930x1060px) Image search: [Google]
omi2bxj4shpx[1].jpg
90KB, 930x1060px
>>51956875
Notice the devil horns in the top right. Much like today, the young men of ages past loved calling eachother cucks. It's the equivalent of that BLACKED hand that's popular on /pol/ nowadays.
>>
>>51956320
I'm not up on the finer points of 5e yet and I don't have a copy of the PHB handy, are there not rules for weapons for people of different size categories?

You might run into issues with handles that are too big for your character's hands, but any DM open to the idea of people wielding big weapons would let you pay a blacksmith to fix that for you.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's because each edition (except maybe 4e) has at least a couple areas where it tries to be realistic. It would be better to just stick to one level of realism, but for some reason they don't want to do that.
>>
>>51957020
The rules are implied, in the sense that there are larger monsters with bigger weapons, but nothing explicitly stated. Also, weapons for smaller characters don't deal less damage anymore.
>>
>>51956650
Honestly curious, as I don't know much about sword-physics; by that logic, why use a 6lb sword instead of a 5lb one? If you could magically control the weight of a sword but have all other aspects remain identical (size, balance, edge, reach, etc), what is the optimum weight? Is there a single correct answer, or does it depend on the characteristics of the wielder? My instinct is that a featherweight sword (still with cutting edge) simply wouldn't get the momentum going needed to do serious damage. The point of the swing, I think, is to accelerate a bunch of pointy metal towards an opponent, which means you want to get as much total momentum as possible during the swing, which seems like it should prefer some middle-ground where it's the largest mass you can heave without sacrificing too much acceleration, which seems like it should vary based on strength.
>>
>>51956746
Fucking hell that armor is good looking. The shape of those pauldrons makes my dick hard.
>>
>>51960892
Depends what you need it to do. Rapiers are light and sharp to get some fast cuts in vital spots, while greatswords are heavy and dull since they're used for concussive impacts if not outright skull crushing.
>>
>>51960892
>or does it depend on the characteristics of the wielder?
I think this is the correct answer, but I am no sword expert, just extrapolating from baseball bats. I'd assume a true swordsman would want his sword to be just as custom tailored to his preference.
>>
>>51961116
For the sake of argument, let's say we're specifically talking about a slashing weapon, and we're trying to maximize the damage dealt on a downward slash, likely against an opponent wearing some type of armor.

>>51961142
This is what I'm thinking as well, and the baseball bat is a good simplification. Plastic baseball bat will accelerate quickly, but not pack enough umph at the end. Super-dense bat will pack umph, but will be too difficult to accelerate sufficiently. However, a superhuman might treat a regular bat as a plastic one and the super-dense as preferable depending on their strength.

So I'm in defense of super-heavy weapons for silly-strong wielders. Now size is an entirely different matter. On one hand, reach is nice. On the other, it's more difficult to maneuver as it gets larger. Probably becomes a fighting style thing?
>>
>>51956746
>then have it wrecked with a warhammer or guy half-swording
Good fucking luck with that. Maximilian armor is pretty much the most sophisticated and well crafted platemail in history. The knight is by no means indestructible, but anything short of a polehammer is going to have a hell of a time trying to hurt him.
>>
>>51961116
>Rapiers are light
No.
>>
>>51956593
>People just have this knee-jerk reaction to "anime shit"
In western fantasy ridiculously large weapons existed long before it became a thing in anime and manga.
>>
>>51956320
E=0.5mv^2
>>
>>51956320

Personally, it just kinda feels like it clashes with the rest of stuff, aesthetically. If everyone is using fuckhuge Monster Hunter style weapons I have no problems. But everyone else using rapiers and then one dude with a surfboard just kinda feels a bit lame and out of place to my mind.
>>
>>51961624
I definitely agree that it's an aesthetic thing, and that what's important is that all the weapons make sense existing alongside each other. That said, I do think it's possible to have a setting where rapiers and 10-foot-long cleavers co-exist peacefully. Big fan of Dark Souls, and "Ultra Greatswords" is a category the same way "Rapiers" is, and both fit the world's aesthetic.
>>
>>51961338
yeah, but try to tell that to fantasyfags and watch the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51961864
In Dark Souls Ultra Greatswords are described as needing "inhuman" strength. Kinda depends on how a game handles something as "inhuman", but even there an Ultra Greatsword would probably not be part of the same arsenal as a rapier.
>>
>>51961338
Where?
>>
>>51961976
Oh, of course not the same arsenal; I meant only that they can make sense existing in the same world, both as viable forms of weaponry. As for the inhuman strength, this very much depends on setting. A pretty common view though is that 18 in d20 is the bounds "human" stats, and anything beyond is getting into superhuman stuff. Given high level characters can have strength scores of 30+, I think it's reasonable for them to use classes of weapons completely unthinkable to regular soldiers.
>>
>>51956320
It's quite simple; they look stupid as fuck. A longsword is 10x cooler than any HUEG LOL SORD. Look at your picture. What the hell is that weapon?
>>
>>51962058
there's nothing preventing longswords from looking stupid as fuck.

The problem is overdesigned weapons.
>>
>>51961338
>regardless of what it actually is or how it works
>>
>>51962083
I agree. Overdesigning is the difference between some of Monster Hunter's Great Swords and Guts's Dragonslayer from Berserk.

>the spine of a 30 foot ice dragon wrapped in the claws, scales, hides, fangs, glands, eyeballs, and kidney stones of said dragon
Vs.
>something semi-realistic on a larger scale.
>>
File: MH4-Great_Sword_Render_014.png (36KB, 310x200px) Image search: [Google]
MH4-Great_Sword_Render_014.png
36KB, 310x200px
Lo! Gentlemen, I declare this to be an Arms Threade!

>Zinogre Great Sword from MonHun
>>
>>
>>51963219
I prefer the rathian gs myself.
>>
File: oversized weapon.jpg (606KB, 1441x2375px) Image search: [Google]
oversized weapon.jpg
606KB, 1441x2375px
>>
File: Labrys_Ild_stance.gif (472KB, 418x483px) Image search: [Google]
Labrys_Ild_stance.gif
472KB, 418x483px
>>
File: 1477889281907.jpg (236KB, 1440x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1477889281907.jpg
236KB, 1440x1414px
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfOAgKA7h7g
Gotta love his videos.
>>
So long as magic is involved, a sword can be as big as you like, I think.
Some +2 greatsword that towers nine feet long and one foot across? Has a secondary enchantment for lightness and acceleration.
>>
>>51963272
Shax is cute. CUTE!
>>
>>51963332
>the hero threw the mighty sword Gigantese
>the 120ft gigantium blade unstoppably smashed through the alien spacecraft's forcefield and brought the ship to ruin
>the hero stood at the ship's exit wound and wrapped his arms around Gigantese's hilt, halting the blade in it's tracks with his will and Gigantese's favor
>the hero turned to the next spacecraft
>>
>>51963411
https://youtu.be/oD8ykf8LCr0?t=49
>>
>>51963255
As much as I appreciate the ridiculous massive weapons of MH, I actually main sword and board and heavy bowgun
>>
>>51963426
>sword and board
Oh, don't worry, there's nothing wrong with maining that, we aunderstand-

>bowgun
get out.
>>
>>51963426
My man, we main the same weapons.

>>51963448
How to discern a plebian with subhuman tastes.
>>
>>51963426
>>51963474
i mean, fine, at least you guys aren't dualswording.

You're still unwashed neanderthalians, but at least you haven't reached true faggotry.
>>
File: MH3U-Hammer_Render_033.png (41KB, 238x236px) Image search: [Google]
MH3U-Hammer_Render_033.png
41KB, 238x236px
Almost forgot about hammers.
>>
>>51960892
The muscles of a human arm have a maximum contraction speed, so no matter the weight you can only ever swing something that fast. Contraction speed can't be trained, so there's no improving it once you've hit that point.

So, if you've got the muscle mass of accelerate a 10 lb sword to that limit over the course of a swing, then you will without exception hit harder with it than if you used a lighter sword, because you're still swinging them both just as fast.
>>
File: download (16).jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (16).jpg
3KB, 225x225px
>>
>>51956320
I actually really hate floating gems circling staffs, aesthetics-wise.
>>
>>51963491
Bow master race
>>
>>51962058
It's a giant sword with handles further up the blade to make half-swording easier. Not really that crazy.

I don't know what the spikes near the tip are for. Maybe for backswings? For hitting heavily armored opponents? For use in pulling down mounted opponents/climbing?
>>
>>51963707

I like how half of Monhun's hammers are just "stick a really hard part of a monster on a stick, hit people with it". It has a certain rawness to it that makes it cool.
>>
>>51962001
Earliest example I can think of is in the Nibelungenlied, when a spear that takes five men to carry it onto the field is held one-handed by a warrior princess
>>
>>51964274
Jotun aren't giants, but they're definitely demigods.
>>
Huge weapons are fucking hilarious

that's it really

for very serious settings like world of darkness they are out of place, but bring me Dungeons the Dragoning and there is no excuse to not include these grossly oversized beasts

personally I love them
>>
>>51956732
>>51956744
that's a good point
>>
>>51964320
Brunhild isn't a jotun, just a badass.
>>
>>51956732
The bottom of his hammer is bigger than most warhammers.
>>
Monster hunter kind of justifies its ridiculous weapons by having 'roided out hunters high on potions and elixirs, and never fighting other humans with them. If you're going toe to toe with a t-rex's angrier cousin, you probably need the biggest, heaviest thing you can swing.
>>
File: DS-Attach02.gif (10KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
DS-Attach02.gif
10KB, 400x300px
I love me some oversized swords, but the main problem for me is the method of transport. From what I've read real zweihänders were carried over your shoulder or like a rifle during a parade. My main gripe with carrying them like that is that you only have one free hand which seems like a pretty big problem when engaging in activities like climbing or swimming. Carrying them on you back seems quite frowned upon by people into realism, but it still seems like the best method for casual wandering and dungeoneering when there's no imminent danger. Any better ideas?
I kinda like the method here, at least for more realistically sized swords.
>>
File: bF8E0Bal.jpg (34KB, 246x391px) Image search: [Google]
bF8E0Bal.jpg
34KB, 246x391px
>>51968513
Should've posted a picture where the carrying hook is actually visible.
>>
>>51968513
I actually have a few giant swords, and what I've discovered is that a loose harness at the hip with the blade held near its middle is one of the better ways to carry it. It's usually held horizontally, and pretty easy to run with that way, but can be pivoted upwards in order to turn tight corners.

But, resting on the shoulder is also not bad, and the way most large two-handed swords were carried.
>>
Big pole, bigger slut
>>
>>51968693
That sounds pretty neat, do you have a picture of such a harness? I assume it's openable?
>>
>>51964373
I mean, they're super slow, unwieldy, and heavy but couldn't they actually be very effective if they DO hit?
>>
>>51969290
>story so epic that it made po-ju draw a straight dojeen
>>
>>51969493
no. imagine a sword or an axe. If you'll have small area of impact and faster speed, the pressure inflicted onto you will be greater, so more deadly
>>
>>51969502
Po-ju draws delicious women, yet 90% of the art is varying degrees of feminine boy
>>
>>51969540
i like poju's shotas better
>>
>>51956934
Here, lemme tell you a funfact calling someone 'cuck' (cornudo) in spanish is and has been common for over 100 years. It's literally one of the most common insults in many fucking languages, or at least all latin cultures and languages.
>>
>>51969378
I wish the one I have was worth photographing, but it's an ugly mess of old belts.
But, this is sort of the basic principle, though she has it at her back rather than her side.
>>
>>51956320
After a certain point you wouldn't be swinging the weapon it would be swinging you, momentum is a bitch.
>>
>>51963291
sauce on that hottie?
>>
>>51956320
Oversized weaponry is always a stylistic choice.
>>
>>51963767
That's not lances
>>
>>51956320
I think there is a balance, there are swords that are too big to take seriously but mildly oversided swords are pretty cool
>>
>>51973226
Pretty sure it's paint
>>
>>51974031
>lances
>weapons that are literally only useful in a cavalry charge and that were largely rendered obsolete by the invention of cavalry pistols in the 16th century
>>
File: 06.jpg (44KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
44KB, 500x406px
>>51962083
>DAoC

my nigga!
>>
>>51956320
I just think it's dumb. That has nothing to do with practicality. It's just ugly and stupid and throws off proportion.
>>
>>51961202
I think it comes down to effort. Using the baseball bat analogy, a plastic bat would require much more effort to achieve the same effect as an aluminium bat. The plastic bat might need several hits or one very hard hit to match a normal hit from the aluminium bat. And a super dense bat with hit harder but require more effort, you might even waste effort carrying the bat and trying to swing it.

So with an ultra great sword like the buster sword, dragonslayer, Greatsword, or any other oversized weapon, unless you're superhuman or breaking the rules somewhere the effort required to swing the thing is probably wasted just by carrying it around.

Plus if you're not swinging it properly and say, just letting it swing/drop vertically, then you're also not getting the most out of the weapon.

Not to mention that every swing and consequent attempt to pick the weapon back up leaves the user wide open.

So basically an ultra weapon isn't worth it unless you're in a setting or playing a character who isn't wasting effort, who has the proper strength and skill to use the weapon.
>>
>>51956320
Depends on what the sword is made for.

The Dragonslayer from Berserk, for example, is an absolutely massive sword that was forged entirely by mundane means for the explicit purpose of breaking through the scales of a dragon. It's too heavy for a mortal man to lift, but there's no armor in existence that can block it.
>>
File: 1479859672834.jpg (352KB, 893x1488px) Image search: [Google]
1479859672834.jpg
352KB, 893x1488px
Personally, I prefer using large axes/hammers in a game over massive swords. It makes more sense to me.

I know war hammers and axes rarely weighed over 3-4 pounds, but there's just something about swinging a block of metal the size of a small child.
>>
>>51974568
>Going HEMA autist on a video game discussion
>>
>>51962043
Good point. Most ugs's and other ultra weapon's require 30-40 strength, and the ones with lower strength requirements all have a dex requirement. Like the Greatsword wich iirc is 28 str and 10 dex or the black knight greatsword which is something like 36 str 18 dex. But even with stuff like the fume ugs at 50 str they all rely on momentum and gravity at least a liitle bit.

All the ultra weapons barring the zwei and a few others have high stat requirements, so a low level player has to sacrifice health and stamina to use them. Would it make sense to limit enormous weapons in dnd and similar to player characters with really high str/dex? Then it would also make it a goal or achievement for a character.
>>
>>51979803
probably, but part of why those stat requirements work is that your stats change often and you get a lot of attribute points to assign over the game, so stats can be easily upgraded from 10 to 40+ over time
whereas in D&D i don't think it's all that common to break past 20 in any stat, and that's usually because you started at 18 or 19 anyway
if i recall, you get like, what, five or so attribute upgrades from 1 to 20 in 3.5e?
>>
>>51979226
It was forged as an insult to a king. It was never intended or expected to be wielded.
>>
>>51979671
>Bringing up the lance like a poland stronk autist in a discussion about good weaponry
>>
>>51980020
I've never played dnd, but I'm sure there's some way to make the concept work right? Some kind of special circumstances or combination ot items and effects that let you wield a ugs? I think the point is for it to be something that you need to earn somehow.
>>
>>51957562
but smaller characters are not allowed to wield heavy weapons any more.a halfling can't use a greatsword. It can however two hand a longsword so "close enough" I guess.
>>
File: 1442821652284.jpg (57KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1442821652284.jpg
57KB, 540x304px
>>51956320
i fucking love huge weapons, and the huge numbers that often come with them
discovering the maul in GURPS low tech alongside the wonders of weapon master made parts of me tingle
mfw 12 glorious pounds of swing+13 cr, or swing+12 imp if you tack a pick onto it
it's not even the biggest weapon in that book
>>
>>51964184

As far as huge weapons go, that design is probably my favorite. It looks like the sort of weapon that would be specifically made for a super-humanly strong warrior who isn't actually huge. Their hands aren't actually big enough to fit around a regular weapon that just gets up-sized, but they still want or need a huge chunk of blade in order to get the most out of their strength.

The grips are small enough for a normally sized person to fit their hands around, and there are grips further up the blade built in specifically to allow them to half-sword it. The only thing I'd add would be a bigass pommel to counter balance the huge blade, but maybe they prefer a very front-heavy weapon.

It's obviously not a weapon that would be used in any realistic setting, but it seems like it would be practical if you had super-human warriors running around.
>>
>>51980508
>Their hands aren't actually big enough to fit around a regular weapon that just gets up-sized,

Reminds me of that picture of a girl with just a big katana, but with little handles basically stapled all over it.
>>
>>51956320
Leverage and weight is nice, but control is better. Big weapons would be more appropriate if everything else were as silly on average.
>>
File: 1380635880743.jpg (706KB, 1500x986px) Image search: [Google]
1380635880743.jpg
706KB, 1500x986px
>>51980993
>>
>>51981795
I mean, why not.
>>
>>51956320
The biggest problem is the realism fags. In semi-realistic settings I can understand people wanting verisimilitude. But, basement dwellers trying to force the D&D = Medieval Europe trope are cancer.

So I guess it comes down to setting. I personally find that using a big fuckoff blade makes more sense for killing something multiple times the size of an elephant.
>>
>>51981247
Like a 65 pound halfling being able to one punch a grown man dead?
>>
>>51956320
systems with attack speed being directly tied to weapon weight without including stats can only go up to a certain point.
That's why we use a strength vs requirement coefficient and sometimes add additional weight-relation based penalties if the weapon is too big to not throw the character around
>>
>>51956771
that's why you dont use heavy weapons without sufficient protection against counterattacks
>>
>>51980386
>Sw+12 imp
Jesus christ. I hope you're using the bonus adds to dice conversion rule at least.
>>
File: Untitled_zps04bb30f0.jpg (147KB, 862x541px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_zps04bb30f0.jpg
147KB, 862x541px
>>51962001
Two-handed sword that belonged to the Bavarian Prince-Elector Maximilian II, 1689
>>
>>51974031
That's not the funlance. Bitches better not be talking bad about my goofing off weapon.
>>
>>51962083
God I love one-sided blades so much.
>>
>>51961334
>Below 2lbs isn't light
You need to work out.
>>
File: 1408298211565.jpg (45KB, 501x798px) Image search: [Google]
1408298211565.jpg
45KB, 501x798px
>>51986527
when i play, yeah, but it's helpful to have the raw damage there
unbalanced + stuck rule kind of sucks though. then again, actually getting hit by that motherfucker sucks even harder.

>>51986809
fuck yeah, they're great
especially straight-edged cleaver-style designs, i fucking love 'em.
unfortunately i don't have any images of real massive cleaver style weapons.
>>
>>51986561
Straight out of MonHun.
>>
>>51979803
>>51980020
>>51980283
Stat requirements for big weapons isn't a novel concept in other games. Exalted is heavily anime-inspired and features massive swords ("Daiklaves") which require very high strength scores, and even then require the user to "attune" to them to make them easier to wield.

As far as d20, stats do increase pretty slowly. It isn't uncommon for a fighter's strength to start at 16 and end in the low 20's, though if you wanted to absolutely max it, you could get to the upper 30's (18 start + 5 from levels + 6 from item + 2 from race + 1-5 Inherent at very endgame + Shenanigans to get maybe another 4), but you can't really rely on that sort of progression. Even if you did find a way to fit stat read to d20, you'd need to rewrite and rebalance all weapons. I just don't think d20 is made for it.
>>
>>51987657
Stuck rule is super fun though (that combined with unbalanced does make things a bit unwieldy tho, pun intended). My brother's "wall of meat" not!Viking character made great use of it. Granted, kind of inconvenient if you can't drop your pick and pull a backup of some kind if you need to though.
>>
>>51986561

Wasn't Maxie II, like, seven and a half feet tall?
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 334x479px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 334x479px
If this is an arms thread, I actually need some help.
I need a mace for my noble-born artificer for 5e for artistic reference But for the life of me I can't find anything that really tickles my fancy.

I'm partial to Flanged and ball maces, but weapon design is not my forte either.
>>
File: bar-mace-2.jpg (25KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
bar-mace-2.jpg
25KB, 375x375px
>>51989738
I've always had a thing for bar maces.
Barring that, Sauron's mace is pretty cool.
>>
>>51989960
The bar mace is really cool, I agree!
But I'm looking for something a little more on the weighty end, good for smacking people upside the noggin with
and also because when I attempted to draw my guy with a bar mace it felt kinda lazy.
>>
>>51987762

So rather than have feats like monkey grip and what not what if you needed a combination of stat bonus's to determine if you can wield certain weapons?

For example. To wield this bow you need a Str bonus of +5 and a Dex +3 bonus to wield it otherwise you take disadvantage to everything that involves the weapon.
>>
File: boyega1.gif (2MB, 504x278px) Image search: [Google]
boyega1.gif
2MB, 504x278px
>>51989738
If you're an artificer, you should artifice.
>>
File: 1452879462772.jpg (137KB, 909x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452879462772.jpg
137KB, 909x600px
>>51956320
Personally, as long as the character is strong enough they can swing around whatever huge ass buster sword they want and if they are really strong the size wont matter in enclosed spaces because they can just swing through walls though that presents its own problems
>>
I wanna add ultra great sword type weapons for characters with str 17 and up, but idk what damage die to give them.
>>
>>51992844

There is the Fullblade in certain kinds of D&D, which is basically like a bigger Bastard Sword. Does 2d8 damage, and requires an Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat in 3.X and Pathfinder.
>>
>>51960892
>Point of the swing
The point of it is indeed to get your weapon as close to the targets vulnerable spots as possible. But you do not use a sword in a hacking motion, you use a draw or push cut with a wrist turn to open the wound to kill your opponent. While you can eventually chop a steak, isn't it much easier to use the steak knife properly?
>>
>>51981795
I'm actually planning to put something of about -related size to my Exalted game.

Gonna have a real fun time lugging that around, our Dawn castes will. It's a 5-dot artifact, so they better.

The only problem is that they can only use it in like, open fields and in massive cave complexes. Of course, when they do, it inflicts MASSIVE DAMAGE.
>>
>>51987657
I am a sucker for cleavers with the top angled back... basically mini buster swords like the Fable 1 cleavers, possibly with a slightly steeper angle.
>>
File: chainsaw.jpg (33KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
chainsaw.jpg
33KB, 443x332px
>>
>>51992844
>>51993128
I remember Dragon mag did a collab with that guy who made the novels with the cactus men and beetle head women and they statted the giant 2 handed cactusman cleavers as either 2d8 or 2d10.
>>
>>51980174
If your double niggardly tendencies could subside but for a moment you would see that people higher up the reply chain were talking about Monster Hunter, realism at no point factored into it.

Faggot.
>>
>>51990031
A bar mace, except it flares out and has a sphere on the inside at the end.
>>
File: GrandFuckingGoremaul.png (599KB, 985x866px) Image search: [Google]
GrandFuckingGoremaul.png
599KB, 985x866px
>>
>>51986809
I'm sorry your penis is deformed, bro
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.