[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody up for a Warhammer Quest/Silver Tower general thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: silver tower.png (252KB, 946x521px) Image search: [Google]
silver tower.png
252KB, 946x521px
Anybody up for a Warhammer Quest/Silver Tower general thread?
Yeah, there's the Age of Sigmar general, but those go by so quickly and it's really tough to get any kind of conversation about the specialized bits in.

Tell me about your campaigns. Tell me about your heroes. Is it just me, or are the Khorne heroes some of the best? 2 different heroes with healing abilities and 2 others who can reliably get off 6-8 attacks per turn?

What do you guys think? My group just restarted after getting halfway through our first campaign and had a total party wipe.

Errata: https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Errata/ENG_Silver_Tower_v1.0.pdf
>>
File: IMAG1133.jpg (330KB, 1202x730px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1133.jpg
330KB, 1202x730px
>>51950687
I really like the game, but I don't know if there's enough yet for a general thread. At least until the new one gets in most people's hands. And my group hasn't gotten through the campaign yet so I fear spoilers.

But I play it the cheap way. I bought the components from a bits reseller, with no minis, for about $25.
>>
>>51950687
Slambo card in the new GW. He's pretty good.
>>
>>51950863

To be honest the new Warhammer Quest just doesn't look that interesting to me. A quest through a mad demon sorcerer's funhouse of minions and traps I can get behind, but going after some cult hidden in a slum just doesn't really do it for me. I'm sure it'll be fun but I probably won't buy it myself.
>>
>>51951905
I like Silver Tower a lot too, but I find Hammerhal interesting because it's questing through the underbelly of a human city, so it's sort of going back to its roots, still with the AoS twist, which I am stoked for. And I like traditional GM+players playstyle. If anything I will try to get a hold of the books and tiles at least.
>>
>>51950687
Is there any rules for a Saurus hero at all? Also, with the Skink being a hero, does this mean fluffwise Seraphon can be living beathing things without a Slaan to be there?
>>
>>51952881
>does this mean fluffwise Seraphon can be living beathing things without a Slaan to be there?
The slaan doesnt technically need to be present for the seraphon to operate. Nor does it need to be present for the slaan to summon them.
>>
>>51950687
>played WQ:ST a few times at LGS
>bought box for myself
>build it up
>no chance to paint it anytime soon
>want to play it with friends
>spent 500 euros to have it painted by someone else
well at least we'll play it this decade
>>
File: slaughterpyramid.jpg (128KB, 1026x416px) Image search: [Google]
slaughterpyramid.jpg
128KB, 1026x416px
>>51953259

Yeah I'm a little overwhelmed by all the painting too, but I'm takin it slow. Started with my hero that I'm maining (slaughterpriest with pyramid head, pic related, I know he needs more detail but whatever he looks good on the table) and I'm working on all the little guys right now. Familiars, brimstone/blue horrors, scutlings, all pretty simple. I can probably knock em all out by the end of the week.
>>
I don't understand why the ST tzaangors and Kairic Adept are so much better than those we eventually got while the Roidrage Traumature is the same model.
>>
>>51955162

And the pink horrors
>>
File: 1472057434785.jpg (87KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1472057434785.jpg
87KB, 1000x1000px
Anybody ever try to play a game by themselves? I started the first trial yesterday using 4 heroes and settled in for an 8 hour session, but quit after about 45 minutes. Nowhere near as enjoyable as I thought it would be. Without a few other guys screwing up and making stupid decisions and laughing at your shitty dice rolls, it just isn't the same.
>>
File: 09-2.jpg (94KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
09-2.jpg
94KB, 800x600px
>>51955162
Not very hard to understand if you actually use your brain.

Also you think the monopose, no option model is better than full-pledge kit box?
>>
>>51958451

You just answered his question. They look nicer because they have one specific look they were going for and nothing else, so they can afford to make em a little more fancy.

The ones with the glaives are a bitch to get into your battlefoam but I don't think sculptors have storage in mind when creating.
>>
File: 1453264106556.jpg (79KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
1453264106556.jpg
79KB, 500x647px
OP here with one last bump. Doesn't seem like there's enough love to keep a thread going but let's see if the /tg/ night crew likes it any better.
>>
>>51958451
>ou think the monopose, no option model is better than full-pledge kit box?
Absolutely. The only people who benefit from posable models are conversion hipsters, who're like 1% of all players. Most people prefer pretty models with minimum conversion work. I bet you hate centrepiece models as well.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.