[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genius or hack, /tg/? If I imitate his style, will I become a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Wildbow.jpg (17KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Wildbow.jpg
17KB, 200x200px
Genius or hack, /tg/? If I imitate his style, will I become a better or worse GM?
>>
>>51950684
sleep tight hoglet
>>
>>51950684
better GM
worse writer
give it a shot and post your setting-documents
so we can steal them!!
>>
>>51950684
>Genius.

Worm was a first published work and was just as good as any Loung adult novel that you can find in stores today.

While twig by contrast is s ligit jaw dropping tier of amazing.

Pact is bad though and i have not gotten past the 5th arc because its just not very investing to read.
>>
>>51950684
I don't know who were talking about...
>>
>>51950911
the author wildbow
check the OP image file-name
>>
>>51950911
Well, good, my filter worked then. I don't want opinions from the ignorant. no offense
>>
File: IMG_0347.jpg (36KB, 300x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0347.jpg
36KB, 300x409px
>>51950883
1: learn how to spell.

2: Yeah this is pretty much my opinion on the matter as well.

Wildbow is an excellent author by any metric and worm/twig being so popular/amazing is a decent show of that. Pact was bad and nobody remembers it.

Worm 2 is coming out this year and all of the worm fanboys like myself are completly ecstatic about it and are shaking in our seats waiting for twig to inevitably wrap itself up.

>>51950684
> IfI imitate his style, will I become a better or worse GM?

Worse because you will need to keep track of the dozen different factions that will be game of thrones-ing it up around them.
>>
>>51951190
>Worse because you will need to keep track of the dozen different factions that will be game of thrones-ing it up around them
That sounds better to me.
>>
>>51950883
>ligit jaw dropping tier of amazing

It must become this after arc 9, because that's where I gave up.
>>
>>51951190
False

I'm a Worm fanboy, and I'm not ecstatic about Worm 2. I expect it to be a failure.
>>
>>51952544
Worm really feels like the definitive story of the Earth Bet/whatever multiverse. It's hard to see how he could do a Worm 2 that wouldn't feel like either a glorified side story or "raising the stakes" to the point that it's blatant hack work.
>>
>>51952989
It seems to me that Worm 2 is just an attempt to be popular again, which doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>51950684
Based on your image OP I can only assume you're talking about GRRM?

Hack. Total hack.
>>
>>51953366
Wrong. Get out. sorry
>>
Best endbringer? I prefer either leviathan or behemoth. on that note how the fuck would you deal with them in most fantasy settings, besides just locking them away in like another plane.
>>
>>51950684

He's undeniably got a tremendous gift for worldbuilding, and he's not half bad at character work, either.

When you consider that Worm is the first draft of a novice writer written at incredible speed, and yet still sucks in so many readers, it puts things in perspective.

>>51952989

Considering that the global/cosmic arcs were far worse than early, street-level Brockton, I would love nothing more than for Worm 2 to start, and remain, wholly street-level.
>>
>>51950684
Looking at your behaviour ITT, you're very good at imitating pigs. Keep at it.
>>
>>51955110
Heh, that's actually a pretty clever insult.

Anyway, I put softeners in the spoiler tags, so it's really not that bad. I'm not out to "hurt anyone's feelings." I'm just acknowledging that 4chan is the kind of place where people who don't know the first thing about a topic will come and weigh in.

All the same, I'm forced to wonder why it bothered you to the point that you felt the need to post about it. Perhaps I'm coming across even more harshly than I intended?
>>
>>51950684
S'alright. Wouldn't say genius, but wouldn't call it hackish either.

Like, there is a middle ground between the two.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.