[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Diseases now take the form of monsters. In some cases just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

>Diseases now take the form of monsters. In some cases just starting off as normal bacteria, but when you die to them the creature burst out of your chest Alien style.
>Imagine pic related, but it is very literal. Skeletons just showing up to reck shit, vanishing for a while, then coming back even more pissed.

What can be some gameable or just lore ideas that you can pull from this concept?
>>
>>51939428
>>Diseases now take the form of monsters. In some cases just starting off as normal bacteria, but when you die to them the creature burst out of your chest Alien style.
>>Imagine pic related, but it is very literal. Skeletons just showing up to reck shit, vanishing for a while, then coming back even more pissed.
>What can be some gameable or just lore ideas that you can pull from this concept?

I get the idea, but I'm not sure if tying it to diseases makes sense. If it's something more metaphorical than not washing your hands one time, like seven sins or whatever, it works better imo.

A greedy merchant is so greedy that he turns into a dragon.
>>
>>51939494
>If it's something more metaphorical than not washing your hands one time, like seven sins or whatever, it works better imo.
Obviously chicken pox probably won't have a killer cock come out of your chest, but if you get something more serious like malaria then you would need both doctors and a officer to stab the fuck out of it. Sin monsters are generic anyway.
>>
>>51939566
>>51939428
I think this would work better if you discard the germ theory entirely and use the humours instead.

Too much sanguine humor, and something nasty pops out of your chest. Pick appropriate monsters for different humors.
>>
>>51939759
>humours
Work with me here, because I don't know what those are.
>>
>>51939805
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humorism

Pathfinder has some 3rd party oracle curses based off humors. Some rpgs might actually use these concepts but I haven't seen them.

Just an older theory regarding disease. The knowledge that germs caused sickness is fairly new, I mean people used to attempt bloodletting for just about anything (and in regards to humors, I think the justification was that you had too much sanguine humor driving your body out of balance, causing an illness)
>>
>>51939929
How about a mix between the two, base the design of the monster on symptoms and how you catch it based on the humors. Sound good?
>>
>>51940027
Also question, how do you actually get to much of a humor in you if it's supposed to be bodily fluids?
>>
File: 1488146417227s.jpg (3KB, 125x115px) Image search: [Google]
1488146417227s.jpg
3KB, 125x115px
>>51939428

What if the world itself was sick, and the monsters were the byproduct of its illness?
>>
>>51940169
>All of the races are virus to the world
>Monsters are the worlds anti-bodies
>>
>>51940099
Not the same anon, but eating bad things, doing bad shit that affects your body adversely, pissing off evil spirits, accidentally losing too much of a humor. That's about what I remember from what I learned of the Humors.
>>
>>51940234
So, Final Fantasy W.e.a.p.o.n.s?
>>
>>51940264
What kind of bad things? Foods that are shunned or just not having a good diet and eating something dirty?
>>
>>51940351
Bit of column A, bit of column B.
>>
>>51940421
So if you have to much of one humor you can intentionally do one of those things as a poor man's solution? Sounds risky as fuck, but could be a gameable risk vs reward type deal.
>>
>>51940504
You try to get rid of the humor in question if you have too much- if you don't have enough of the others to balance it out, if you want to go that route, you can try.
>>
>>51940534
Alright.
In terms of the setting, should frostbite and cancer be considered something that can "infect"you into a beast, or do we keep them separate and stick to just diseases? What about parasites
>>
>>51940617
Why would frostbite be considered a disease? Is being burnt by fire a disease? It's just environmental damage.

I'd stick with a few colorful diseases with recognizable effects. Black plague, leprosy, ebola. Even basic D&D has a few amazing diseases that could be borrowed.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.