[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens when the BBEG is the one who pulls out your setting's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

What happens when the BBEG is the one who pulls out your setting's proverbial "Sword in the Stone". Does everyone have to follow him now?
>>
Depends on the setting.

I didn't vote for him.
>>
File: melted chocolate.jpg (171KB, 1024x1724px) Image search: [Google]
melted chocolate.jpg
171KB, 1024x1724px
>>51929826
No. Only the dumb kids who are easily swayed by that sort of thing do. Everyone else opposes him and makes his dramatic speeches and posing look really stupid after three quarters of his army are killed by mass fire from a larger, better-equipped force.
>>
>>51929826
Well yeah, but it hasn't exactly made him happy. He has to keep struggling just to stop everything going wrong.
>>
>>51929826
He starts putting people who call him "BBEG" into death camps.
>>
>>51929826
IF I WENT ROUND SAYING I WAS AN EMPEROR JUST BECAUSE SOME MOISTENED BINT LOBBED A SCIMITAR AT ME, WHY THEY'D PUT ME AWAY!
>>
>>51929826
>BBEG

No thank you.
>>
>>51929826
Yep. The campaigns over, thanks for playing. BBEG won, everyone go home.
>>
Corrupt and Opressive status quo or bloody authoritarian revolution that will change things for the worse
>>
>>51929826

Depends on the rules of the sword in the stone.

Is he the 'rightful' king, or the destined one? Wording matters.

If he is rightful, then all that means is that he wins the succession game. Its a good tool for establishing who sits on the throne and preserves the current power structure in a crises, but if he is a huge asshole then he isn't actually any better or worse than anyone else crowned king.

If he is the destined king, well we have a problem. He is GOING to win. Prophecy and all that. Our best bet is to go underground, research the prophecy, and see what we can do about it.
For example, we won't be able to stop him from becoming king. But unless the prophecy keeps going, we can just wait for him to take the throne and THEN kill him. Let the prophecy resolve before making out move and getting in the way of fate going at 60 mph.
>>
File: 1475852371943.jpg (210KB, 661x415px) Image search: [Google]
1475852371943.jpg
210KB, 661x415px
>>51929986
>>51930030
holy shit you autist go to bed
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.