[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo, /tg/. In a couple months' time im going to a postapo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: JUSTICE.jpg (55KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTICE.jpg
55KB, 600x337px
Yo, /tg/. In a couple months' time im going to a postapo LARP, OldTown. I had an idea to go as a western-themed character, Lone Ranger sheriff kidna deal, fighting for JUSTICE. Only, I have no idea how to pull that kind of character off, and on top of that, I've never been to a LARP so i have no idea how doable is this.
How would you roleplay a JUSTICE sort of character in a LARP? It's 3 days nonstop game. And yeah, I know I'm not hot-shit and that going solo in an RPG, much less LARP is a bad idea, I'll be trying to join a group or at least form a posse of likeminded JUSTICE bent characters. Plz give pointers.
>>
Figured it wouldn't hurt to link the LARP's site: http://oldtownfestival.net/larp-eng/#1
>>
>>51927326
find some smaller groups that lack a decent fighting type. Provide them with protection while sticking to your characters moral code. Hope to attract attention, but don't step on the toes of established players unless you are certain you can beat them. This looks long running so there will be stupidly powerful people. However, if you make a char who is solely combat focused, you may be ablke to take on far more established characters, by virtue of Munchkining like hell.
>>
>>51927456
AFAIK the mechanics are very loose, so all I can do fighting-wise is armor up and get a decent ASG replica, which is what I'm doing, going with a bona-fide prison riot vest, reasonable quality bolt-action spring gun and a cheapo shotty for CQB. Likewise, I THINK the most power for powerful people is just influence. Unless you meant that, either way seems like everyone drops dead about the same, which is why I'm worried about getting into heated situations alone.
>>
>>51927573
Hmmm. I'd say the best path then is to simply play your character, and if you get into a situation where you might die, make sure everyone sees it and knows why you died. One thing most Larpers won't deny a player is a cool death, especially if they are trying to die for a reason.
>>
>>51927594
OK, but before I die, how do I make sure I died for JUSTICE? Like, I know the general concept, but I dunno how to frame it in a - what amounts to basically - cowboy themed postapo paladin. I was never big on paladin types but this time that's what I want and god damn, I'll learn how to play one.
>>
>>51927648
It's a larp. You have to play it differently than tabletop games.
Play like you aren't the most important character there, you aren't the hero. Everyone else is.
Hopefully they will play likewise.
Don't stress about just play.
>>
>>51928459
I already knew that, but... I didn't think about it really. Makes sense, if I accept somebody's character the way they present it, I would be to a certain degree entitled to the same treatment. Huh.
Alright, alright, but still, how should I act about fighting for JUSTICE?
>>
>>51928504
get a moral code for yourself and act accordingly. If something challanges that code of yours (be it a man or a situation) that's where you will have character development one way or another
>>
>>51928528
What do you think could be a sensible moral code in Fallout-ish postapo world? Can you give me some examples of characters from postapo fiction or even westerns that I could research?
>>
File: 1479421677479.jpg (252KB, 764x1572px)
1479421677479.jpg
252KB, 764x1572px
>>51928613
The NAP.
>>
>>51928613
>>
>>51928613
you can probably find examples of that in the fallout games.

But you must think about when will you share your supplies, be it ammo or medicine or food. When will you help others, when will you protect others, when will you attack others and when will you kill others.
etc.
>>
>>51928726
That's a given, since the whole JUSTICE thing. Mostly helping ones who can't defend themselves, though with a bit of a chance/gambling imagery and ethos - equalizing the odds, giving a fair chance those who don't have it, and risking our hides because there is a glimmer of chance in a hopeless situation.

>>51928689
Doesn't really apply since I will be more of a sheriff than assassin/murderer

>>51928661
Thats... actually not too bad an idea.
>>
bamp
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.