[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So dreadnought librarians are a thing. What about a 40k version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: latest[1].jpg (90KB, 662x879px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
90KB, 662x879px
So dreadnought librarians are a thing. What about a 40k version of a lich by prelacing all parts of a librarian except the brain with robotics but having him be the same size as and wear marine armor?
>>
>>51918074
What you are looking for is called a Necron Cryptek.
>>
File: primordia-fp__big.jpg (33KB, 525x270px) Image search: [Google]
primordia-fp__big.jpg
33KB, 525x270px
>>51919142
but obviously i want it to be a marine
>>
>>51918074
>what is psyker magos
>>
>>51918074
Well, that's basically an Iron Hands Librarian.
>>
>>51919360
strangely that didnt occur to me

but while reading about them i realized that it would have to be more than a floating brain. they would have to have their geneseed shit somewhere and the black carapace
>>
>>51919467
Have a librarian
Replace everything that isn't essential with cybernetics, augment evertytging that is so it's more effective/lasts longer.
Attach armour plating
?????
PROFIT!!!
>>
File: 218gWt8[1].png (435KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
218gWt8[1].png
435KB, 1280x720px
>robot wizard
>>
>>51918074

I'm really bothered that only BA can take Libby Dreads even though you'd think they would be right up the Iron Hands alley.
>>
>>51921765
Though speaking of Iron Hands and variant Dreadnoughts, how viable would a Techmarine Dreadnought be? That size and strength must be great for getting tanks out of ditches and shit. I mean, at that point, it's just a power loader with servo arms, right?
>>
>>51923197
they would just get super duper guns that cant be taken by other dreadnoughts

like a super conversion beam or something
>>
>>51923291
That... actually sounds pretty cool. I think you just sold me on my own stupid idea.
>>
>>51919503
Problem with that is bionics do not interface properly with astartes power armor, so when an astartes gets a bionic his suit of power armor is modified to offer him the same environmental protection minus the suit part that would cover the bionic.
>>
>>51919503

Literally Thallax
>>
>>51926364
So long as the cybernetic is at least as durable as an astartes chunk in power armour the fact that it has no power armour should be no problem.

>>51919467
Why?

Gene-seed becomes no longer an issue when everything is machine rather than meat. Black Carapace is designed to interface machine with meat. Now you have no meat to interface with it.

Keeping the Black Carapace at that point becomes counterproductive. It's a needless step between machine to machine parts union.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.