[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General: Good Feels Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 427
Thread images: 53

File: Giant.jpg (79KB, 564x800px) Image search: [Google]
Giant.jpg
79KB, 564x800px
>New Unearthed Arcana: Mass Combat
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/2017_UAMassCombat_MCUA_v1.pdf

>Don't forget to fill out the official survey for Warlocks and Wizards.
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/2c8ddcde043d

>New Plane Shift: Kaladesh
http://media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/.
>>51898640

Has Dungeons and Dragons improved your life?
>>
> Has Dungeons and Dragons improved your life?
No, but it's a great tool of escapism.
>>
File: 1487349582630.png (2MB, 1060x810px) Image search: [Google]
1487349582630.png
2MB, 1060x810px
Reminder DO NOT FUCKING MULTICLASS WITH UA SHIT unless you are prepared to break 5e.
>>
>>51904454
Actually yes, in the last year I have made at least 2 good friends I met through joining a D&D group.
>>
>>51904481
> DO NOT FUCKING MULTICLASS
Fixed
>>
>>51904481

I'm going to multiclass into undying light lock and you can't stop me
>>
File: what would you do for the phb.jpg (170KB, 1024x606px) Image search: [Google]
what would you do for the phb.jpg
170KB, 1024x606px
>>51904481
Nice edit, anon.
>>
>>51904500
DO NOT FUCKING HAVE FUN
>>
>>51904454
I'd say yes.
DMing gives me a creative outlet and has improved my public speaking, which I've found useful when I'm making presentations.
>>
>>51904481
What about going full into a UA class? Can I be a Forge Cleric without breaking everything?
>>
File: 1427992599437.gif (998KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
1427992599437.gif
998KB, 500x264px
I tried to introduce a recurring villain in my session today - a snobby female elf astronomer illusionist wizard. But I think I just made her come off as boring and uninteresting.

How do you get into the "I'm a superior elf and you're just dirt under my shoes" mindset?
>>
>>51904454
Undead-anon here

Figured out a way to pad the second page: put in rules for characters to become Soulbound!

Anyone up to play some skellingtons?
>>
>>51904544
Read a shitty homebrew like >>51904548 while you GM and imagine the player is the person who wrote it.
>>
File: Hekaton.jpg (13KB, 150x182px) Image search: [Google]
Hekaton.jpg
13KB, 150x182px
>>51904548
Stop shilling your homebrew.
>>
>>51904454
14th for bard is the best thing since slice bread
>>
>>51904541
I think what he means is they don't test UA for multiclassing potential, that comes later.
So a single-classed character is what it's balanced around.
>>
>>51904548
Cripes that is fucking bad.
>>
>>51904561
Rude, but whatever.

>>51904574
Aight.

Tho...
>shilling

Whatever, I do this shit for fun anyway.

>>51904613
Aight. Thanks for the useful input.
>>
>>51904544
Watch some femdom
>>
File: Political campaigns.jpg (87KB, 700x255px) Image search: [Google]
Political campaigns.jpg
87KB, 700x255px
>>51904544
Don't go "snobby aristocrat" racist. Go full /pol/.
>>
>>51904481
WATCH ME
>Takes 1 level in artifcer, gunsmith
>Everything else in kensei monk with gun as monk weapon
>>
>>51904623
Sorry, I shall try to be more constructive this time. You should delete every copy you have of this homebrew and then never try and make one ever again. That is the best way I see to improve on its current form.
>>
>>51904657
>sorry
cuck
>>
File: wow.png (187KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
187KB, 361x691px
>>51904697
>>
File: Junko Casual.png (1MB, 900x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Junko Casual.png
1MB, 900x1077px
>>51904657
k
>>
Sup guys, quick servey what is your favourite official prewritten adventure for 5e so far, my group just finished lost mines of phandelvar and had a great time and now we're looking for another book. Cheers in advance.
>>
what color do you guys like to use for token borders?
>>
>>51904755
If you guys want to play the same characters, you can segue straight from the end of Lost Mine into Chapter 2 of Storm King's Thunder.
It's my favourite of the more traditional 5e adventures (CoS is great but it's not what most people think when they think D&D).
>>
File: Flameskull.png (158KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Flameskull.png
158KB, 300x300px
>>51904766
I use a Photoshop template that adds a bevel instead.
>>
>>51904766
Black, usually.
I tend to use figures for PCs, but if I didn't I'd probably give the PCs a coloured border, probably red, blue or green.
Metallic colours can sometimes be done nicely.
Looking back this post isn't very helpful.
>>
>>51904755
Curse of Strahd is the best. It has this sandboxey feel, but it's also really focused. Barovia is small, but there's a lot to do in there.
Keep in mind that for maximum perfect experience, you have to make some changes to the module depending on how the group handles it. For example
My group nearly ignored lady Wachter and vistani, so near the end, when Strahd got really angry and desperate, he commanded them to attack Vallaki. I buffed Wachter pretty heavily (took warlock of the fiend stats from Volo), gave her powerful minions, and then the party essentially had to fight off a massive terrorist attack from within, and also a vistani invasion from without.

Also, you should let your party visit Castle Ravenloft early and get out alive. Maybe have them dinner with Strahd.
>>
>>51904755
I haven't played any others, but I got into a Curse of Strahd game and it's pretty neat. Probably something a little different, with all the spoopy things going on, but all in all the encounters have been fun (We're currently in Amber Temple) and there have been some great roleplaying opportunities.

I, for one, made a deal with Zantras to get +4 to Charisma. I'm a Warlock so it works pretty well, and having 22 Cha at level 8 is pretty damn neato. The flaw I had to take for it wasn't too bad, and it advances my character so why not.
>>
File: Ogre - token.png (180KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
Ogre - token.png
180KB, 420x420px
>>51904766

Black
>>
>>51904588
>Ghost Punchbarian w/ Tavern Brawler
Yo Baron, I can dig it.
>>
>>51904822
I think a big problem with CoS is it's presented as a sandbox but only really works if you follow a fairly linear progression.
Like yes there are a lot of areas but going to most of them at the long time will just kill you.
I find SKT has a better sandbox design.
You can actually skip the whole Harshnag & the Eye of the All-Father section if you do certain things, which is interesting.
>>
Gonna be starting my first game in months tonight. I'm pretty sure the dm is running a monty hall, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Planning on playing a paladin and one of the other players confirmed for dick bag rogue that guy. Any advice?
>>
>>51904541
Here's a good way of looking at it

Forge Cleric grants you some features that boost AC. If it still gives AC at level 6, it gives a possible +2 AC over your shield and plate armour, not to mention cleric spells that can boost AC.

If you start multiclassing with it, you can start picking up features like a fighting style for +1 AC, or you can use a non-core race such as warforged in order to stack AC. Then pick up bladesinger. And so forth until you have ridiculous AC.

However, if you stay single-classed, you won't be able to abuse that so heavily.

As a general thing, multiclassing with UA is fine if you're not trying to abuse, say, revised ranger being frontloaded or magic missiles from wizard to work with twilight druid.
>>
/5eg/ help me figure out a power for my wild magic sorcerer

The theme i'm going for is power with a price. Like for my Fighter i'm thinking about an ability that gives an improved dodge for a round in exchange for a level of exhaustion.

Problem is I can't figure out something for my Sorcerer that isn't lame.

His goals are that he want's to discover the origins of his strange powers. My reason for his powers is that he's a interplanar tear that leads to the elemental plane of chaos..

Anyone have any ideas on a useful power that can be thematically tied to that?

I was thinking of something like triggering a wild surge to recover sorcery points, but that's kinda meh.
>>
>>51904890
Don't play a Devotion or Crown Paladin.
Maybe just play a fighter.
Alternatively, try and get the DM to talk to him.
>>
>>51904854
It works, if you either:
1) Adjust enemies depending on party's level.
2) Subtly guide the party.

I did both. For example, when my party reached the level when Izek wasn't even a speedbump, but he was still supposed to be a threat narratively, I buffed him and gave him legendary actions.
But also, generally NPCs complained about their problems (werewolves stole my child!) only when it was appropriate for the party to handle the threat.
Except for Yester Hill. I went full nazi there, no mercy.
>>
>>51904910
Why are you writing homebrew for yourself, and why do you have multiple characters?
>>
>>51904914

Was planning on a NG Oath of the Ancients paladin actually. Also said player is married to the dm, so if it comes down to me or them I'm pretty sure the dm will side with them.
>>
>>51904925
What about the witches early on?
Most players will want to fight them, and it's still difficult even if you make all of them Green.
>>
>>51904937
I'm the DM those characters are my players
>>
>>51904548
Okay, so let's take this one step at a time, making an undead mountain dwarf barbarian. He'll be using the standard array, giving him the following stats:

STR: 13
DEX: 14
CON: 15
INT: 10
WIS: 8
CHA: 12

Let's see how this goes!

>Origin Race
Okay, so instead of +2 to Strength and Constitution, I get +1 to each. Kind of sucks, but I suppose that's the price of undeath. Maybe this will be okay.

>Ability Score Increase
Whoa now! An extra 3 Constitution? Amazing! This is awesome, especially because this gives me 19 Constitution.

Speed: Okay, so this brings me to 20 feet of movement. Not crippling, but as I'm playing a slower race to start this isn't great, considering I'm going to have to level up for a while to get that extra speed.

>Undead Curse
So I can't be resurrected to my living form. That's okay, as being undead certainly has made me a powerhouse!

>Corpse with a Heart
...Wait, so I can't be healed? That sucks, especially as I'm going to be the guy taking hits. Even Spare the Dying doesn't work on me! On the other hand, I'm completely immune to Blight, Command, Hold Monster, Phantasmal Force, Sleep, and a few others.

>Stasis
Whoa now. This puts a serious damper on my character. Only one feat, and only one ability score increase? Well I guess I could take the Durable feat and get the best of both worlds, but that's the only feat I get.

>The Dead Know No Rest
Oh, I'm immune to being unconscious. Kind of powerful, but okay.

>Resistance
Resistant to poison and necrotic damage. Cool.

>Undead Body
Every attack having a 1 out of 40 chance of removing a limb is enough to ruin a character, even if I get it back later. It's already incredibly dangerous being an undead, seeing as I can't be healed.

>Unholy
I guess this is fine, I can't regain hitpoints anyway.

>Fortitude
I think what sucks the most about this is that if I absolutely hate my character, he is literally incapable of dying.
Congrats, this is ACTUALLY the worst race I've seen in 2017.
>>
>>51904890
> one of the other players confirmed for dick bag rogue that guy
Don't play paladin. If you're hellbent on gish, I suggest a cleric, a hexblade or a bladesinger instead. If you want to fuck things up with sword, play a fighter.
Paladin + dickass rogue = needless drama.

...unless you're conquest/treachery/oathbreaker paladin, that is.
>>
>>51904910
Burn high level spell slots to inflict Wild Magic Surge on other people
>>
>>51904949
>that guy married to DM
Play one session and if it goes badly just bail.
Those are two really bad things to combine.
>>
>>51904954
They remained night hags, but I played them really, really dumb. The party also came up with a plan to lure one of them out and ambush her to break up the coven, which I allowed them to do.
They still nearly died, but they were satisfied with their victory.
>>
>>51904958

I really like paladins. A lot.

>>51904967

I know. I'm just desperate for a game, and I actually really like the dm and some of the other players. Even his wife is fine in other settings, but one of the other guys was warning me she was a bit of a cunt in game.
>>
I asked in the last thread and saw no answer. Are there any collections and archives of the UA stuff for 5e?
>>
>>51904975
It kind of sucks that you'd have to play them dumb though.
They're INT 16, they should play smart.
>>
>>51905000
No game is better than a bad game.
Why not give running a game a tr?
>>
>>51905005
Well... it's all on the WotC website, if that's what you mean.
I'm also pretty sure it's in the trove.
>>
>>51904847
That's a nice border. I like that border.
>>
File: eliwood.png (13KB, 250x391px) Image search: [Google]
eliwood.png
13KB, 250x391px
>>51905055
>>
>>51904975
I feel really fucking relieved that night hags are finally a kind of hag nowadays.
>>
>>51905025

I have run before. I enjoy running the game and I'm pretty good at it honestly, I just really want to play. Also, I personally believe that any game can be made into a good game if you try hard enough. There are some good players, and the dm is a reasonable guy. I think we will be able to work something out.
>>
>>51905005
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4jAv0Wgv9taQ29RZUJiekRXMWc
>>
>>51905076
I'd agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that they're married.
And unsalvageable games definitely exist.
>>
>>51905008
Yeah, and wizards are 18 int, yet most of them behave like drooling morons.
>>
>>51905100

Okay yeah, I'll admit there are some games that can't be saved, but I don't think it's to that point. It's only one bad player. Even if she is married to the DM.
>>
>>51905104
PC Wizards, maybe.
But people always say "Dragons should be played really smart" even when they're talking about the ones with INT of like 10-12.
>>
>>51905100
Plenty of married couples D&D together without favoritism being shown.
>>
>>51905126
Even that is at least as smart as the average person. But can we really roleplay someone with 20 int properly? I'm assuming none of the retards in this thread are that smart.
>>
>>51905126
Tbh dragons don't even need to be played smart, they just need to be played like dragons. They need to use their natural advantages, which are flight and a breath weapon. Only an absolutely retarded dragon is going to get down on the ground and claw it out.
>>
>>51905153
I agree, but he's already said one of them is That Guy and that they clearly aren't going to be dealt with.
I know people in relationships can play D&D without favouritism, I do it myself.
>>
>>51905157
I agree that 20 INT going to be difficult to portray but the point at hand is dumbing down 16 INT Night Hags to be gullible retards, which pretty much anyone is capable of not doing.
>>
>>51905126
The idea that intelligence score = you shouldn't make mistakes really needs to be thrown in the trash. PC or NPC. Owlbears and shit were made by wizards too.

If that were the case, median level casters would be simply unbeatable, because they would always be played perfectly.

Just throw the idea in the trash and start over.
>>
>>51905194
Never said "gullible retards". Meant that instead of just killing the entire party with magic missiles, they mostly fucked around using their natural attacks, trying to push PCs out of the windows and summoning dretches instead.
>>
>>51905223
>witches trying to fight people physically and getting lured away from their allies
Sounds pretty gullible and retarded to me.
>>
File: 1477613418305.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1477613418305.gif
999KB, 250x251px
what happens to my raven from my raven queen pact if I get knocked unconscious? can it recognize that it can wake me up?
>>
>>51905175
>like dragons

I legitimately don't see any reason dragons are gonna be universally prone to avoidance tactics.

On the other hand, if you do abide by that meme, black and blue dragons are gonna be crazy strong due to their playbook being to swoop in, spit at max range, adn flee.
>>
>>51905237
Yeah, I could have used their full potential and killed the entire party in one turn. But I decided not to do that. Can you guess the reason?
>>
>>51905237
Hags tend to be physically superior to human beings.
>>
>>51905266
Because the adventure isn't balanced properly, like I pointed out in my first post on this topic?

>>51905271
Hag magic tends to be superior to hag attacks.
>>
>>51905091
Fascinating. Thank you.
>>
>>51905237
> Someone on the internet is playing the game WRONG!
Jesus Christ, you're autistic.
>>
>>51904960
I like what you're thinking, but the wild magic table is 2/3 neutral or beneficial. I feel like that wouldn't be great.
>>
>>51905282
dunno, if 99% of the humans you've went into hand attack instantaneously die you may very well learn to have faith in your physical attacks.

don't know why I'md efending someone who doesn't believe in measuring encoutner difficulty tho
>>
File: okay.gif (2MB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
okay.gif
2MB, 540x303px
>>51905303
>having an opinion is autistic
Okay.

I'm just saying, if the DM is going to dumb down every encounter so the players can't lost then it's not a game, it's a story.
>>
>>51905319
Admittedly 5e's encounter measurements are pretty poor.
>>
>>51905319
If I was a hag, I don't think I'd bother trying to hit people.
>>
>>51905260
I mean, all animals have some basic instinct about fighting. Thats just nature. But dragons are smart wnough to learn. Which means smart enough to teach. I see no reason why a dragon wouldn't teach its kids that advanced tactic of "hey, we're better than them because we fly, lets just keep doing that."
>>
>>51905315
>WMS an enemy
>they literally become invincible
>>
>>51905334
>I'm just saying, if the DM is going to dumb down every encounter so the players can't lost then it's not a game, it's a story.

Oh boy, time for the "DM did it once he does it every time" argument.

You're not wrong but the whole binary extreme is a stupid hole to fall down.
>>
Is there such a thing as a well-designed level one encounter?

Every one I've ever made or been a part of felt like the entire party was one unlucky roll away from getting one-shot.
>>
>>51905341
I've heard a lot of people say this, but my group never seems to have a problem with it.

Could you explain what you mean?
>>
File: suspicious van.jpg (94KB, 708x964px) Image search: [Google]
suspicious van.jpg
94KB, 708x964px
Gentlemen;
How do we make Intelligence useful for non-wizards?
>>
Any advice?

I have to deal with a player who's kind of trash. Only plays Lawful Good Paladins 80% of the time, and always plays them as "Physically large leaders of the group with staunch moral lines that conflict with pragmatism." The only things he's played otherwise was a retarded Chaotic Evil Yuan-Ti which was basically just "My Lawful Good Paladins but a snake and obsessed with sacrifice," a Neutral Evil vampire who likes drinking random people's blood, and a Goblin Rogue who couldn't stop being a shitter until he decided he didn't like playing not Paladins and killed himself off.

It was fine for a while, but now he's getting a huge persecution complex because a, the US election, b, the fact that his friend called him out on being a dick by always using his Large races to physically lift people who don't follow his creed until they agree to do things his way, and c, getting called out for attempting to sacrifice a random person in game after going on a 10 minute rant about how he hated that our Druid attacked a monster before it could surprise round attack us, and defending his actions (that led to him getting his ass kicked by the higher level Monk that girl was) by saying, "All the other characters are being idiots, can't I do something stupid without consequences?"

Do I just ignore it? He was a Forever DM a while back, but now that more people are DMing, this issue is getting very out of hand very fast.
>>
>>51905366
The vast majority of PC adaptations of D&D start with enemies that do, like, 1 damage per hit. So you may wish to fight the ol' Rats in the Cellar until they level up.
>>
>>51905361
Why do it at all, though?

I prefer to tell my players upfront that sometimes the right course of action is to just disengage and that some fights are generally not going to be won with direct combat.

SKT would be unplayable otherwise.
>>
>>51905387
Is he autistic?
And how does the US election relate?
>>
>>51905370
It works alright, but certain party makeups (and particularly size) along with situations make it pretty inaccurate.

If you're just straight up dungeon crawling by the books it's alright.
>>
>tfw just realised executioners and vilebloods use the opposite kind of builds
>>
>>51905387
He's That Guy and you know it

Drop him faster than your psycho Ex GF or face the consequences which will be misery not just for you but all your buddies in the group
>>
>>51905385
Make Intelligence saves more prevalent.

Now if only Wizards would release something like that...
>>
>>51905341
Okay... but if people followed them more, we wouldn't have to suffer through ebin tales of people slow walking encounters.
>>
>>51905393
>not just wrecking all the giants
What a loser.
>>
Anyone know a good place to get player mini files for 3d printing?
>>
>>51905407
I can see where you're coming from.

My party has 2 Paladins, a Life Cleric and a Bard, so they can take on almost anything until they run out of healing and then they just drop extremely easily.
>>
File: frodo.jpg (43KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
43KB, 600x599px
>>51905424
>not having the eagles fly you to Maelstrom
>>
>>51904957

>Origin Race
First point, and already wrong. I probably should have worded it better. It means you get +1 to one ability score you can get, not all. Well, not a big deal.

>Ability Score Increase
Working as intended

>Undead Curse
As intended, it's supposed to be a curse, not a boon.

>Corpse with a Heart
Again, I see no problem. Maybe it's because I'm currently in a game where most of the healing has come from rests rather than a cleric spamming Cure Wounds.

>Stasis
Undead suffer from Undead stasis, and the sky is blue. Nothing new under the sun. Many people think they should not gain any ASI:s at all, so I'm being rather generous here.

>The Dead Know No Rest
Do skellingtons dream of skeleton sheep? Can be modified.

>Resistance
How will you poison something that is dead? How do you cause necrotic damage to one?

>Undead Body
Eh, as you can see, there is no cost to reattaching them, and you can just pick them from any body that happens to be lying around. What, you get critted while in mid-combat and lose an arm? Use your two-hander with Reckless Attack, boi.

>Unholy
You can regain hit points with short rest, but not while this is going on. Meaning you can't rest while on holy ground etc.

>Fortitude
Did you read the fucking fluff? IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A MOTHERFUCKING CURSE.

And what's this with people who say that they can't change characters unless they die? You can make up ten million reasons why someone would stop adventuring, if you're able to communicate with your GM. If your GM is debilitated with being a dickwad, maybe then it's a problem.

If you don't want to make a character that is debilitated by a CURSE, I am not forcing you to make one!

Have you considered things like:
>Soulbound can use verbal casting while at 0 hp
>They can also use features like Second Wind or Wholeness of Body while at 0 hp
>Potions exist

You're entitled to your opinion. And I happen to disagree. Not surprising, due to my bias as the creator of the race.
>>
>>51905450
You act like this is all based on some sort of canon lore but you invented this gay shit
>>
File: 1419374038244.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1419374038244.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>51905413
What kind of saves ought to provoke Intelligence as a response?

Also: why, exactly, is the primary spellcasting stat for Warlocks Charisma in the first place? It makes it so that literally every Warlock is a smooth-talking Fabio. I mean, that was already a thing with Sorcerors, but that really only makes it worse because now you have THREE full-casting stats (Bard, Sorc, Warlock) that are all independently good at charming the pants off people AND casting spells. That just seems weird, once I noticed it. What's the deal?
>>
>>51905469
Something something negotioating with your patron
>>
File: 8c4.jpg (13KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
8c4.jpg
13KB, 640x480px
>>51905404
I don't know if he is autistic, but he certainly is every other thing under the sun.

I have heard in the last five months so many fucking ailments out of him that he shouldn't be alive. Name any disease, ailment or illness that isn't sexually transmitted and I guarantee you he has it, or claims to. The household he invites us to play in (Cats, no cleaning) can't be helping. And the US election relates because once it happened, he hasn't stopped going off about how he's personally going to die because of it's results, and what he predicts will happen to healthcare and sexuality laws, and I keep hearing about it even after point-blank saying "I don't want to keep hearing about this from you. Please stop."

I know there's already a Child of Nurgle, but I can't help but rank this as a close second.
>>51905412
I can try, but he's the head of the club. The only way I can see it working is some kind of year long ruse where I subvert every social link he has, but that would take too long and also be kind of skeezy as fuck.
>>
File: too close.png (261KB, 540x428px) Image search: [Google]
too close.png
261KB, 540x428px
>>51905490
>cats, no cleaning
>>
>>51905469
3rd edition introduced spontaneous casting, and for some reason all spontaneous casting was charisma-based, with the idea that "force of personality" is the driving force behind all inherent magic.
Really not sure why it was ever applied to warlocks. I think they should be int-based.
>>
>>51905490
>Give me advice
>But I don't want to do anything about him

You dug your own grave, anon

Either
A) dump his shit and damn the torpedoes
B) talk with other players sick of his shit. All of you talk to him and tell him to stop being a shithead or you'll leave
>>
>>51905521
I think if any CHA caster should be switched to INT, it's the Warlock.

They seem to have stuck with that inherent magic = CHA thing based on the Monster Manual.
>>
>>51905523
I'll go with option B.
>>
>>51905450
>No fuck you my lore is good I don't want my shitty homebrew fixed
>Even though everybody tells you it sucks and demonstrated it to you mechanically

Fuck you you're a dick
>>
>>51905450
Now that's an autistic cunt if I've ever seen one.
>>
>>51905450
You might want to check out that one homebrew race guide from Reddit, the one that uses point costs for various features.
It makes it a lot easier to balance a race.
>>
>>51905536
>>51905521
It seems like it would be a rather serious switcheroo for a house rule, though, do you think? And it doesn't help that it's a bit of a nerf, and Warlocks aren't exactly busted in the first place unless they pile everything on Eldritch Blast. I feel conflicted.
>>
>>51905543
You made a good choice. Point is you can't do nothing. If he's That Guy to you, chances are he is to a lot of other people who will back you
>>
>>51905586
I didn't homebrew a difference, but I wouldn't mind if the class changed in the future. I don't feel like it's that week, either.
>>
>>51905586
Yeah, I didn't mean I'd just switch it as it is, I meant more hypothetically.
If they remade Warlock from the ground up I'd probably want them to make them INT based.

Although... they do tend to focus on deception and trickery a lot, so there is that going for CHA.
>>
>>51905450
Okay, so I guess I'm going to go through this list again, and say if it's fine or if it's shit. I was trying to put it in terms of making a character.

>Origin Race
This is fine...

>Ability Score Increase
...Until you do this. A character should not be allowed to have a +4 to a stat at 1st level.

>Undead Curse
This is fine. You're playing an undead.

>Corpse with a Heart
Complete shit. Healing is a big part of the game.

>Stasis
Complete shit.

>The Dead Know No Rest
This is fine, it's an elf thing.

>Resistance
This is fine, you're playing an undead.

>Undead Body
Complete shit. If you're playing a character with a one handed weapon, then you are now useless for the rest of the encounter.

>Unholy
Complete shit, as outlined above.

>Fortitude
Complete shit, as it removes all stakes from the character.

As we can see, your shitty homebrew is shitty. Please stop shilling it until it's fixed.
>>
File: sin bin.jpg (19KB, 326x318px) Image search: [Google]
sin bin.jpg
19KB, 326x318px
>>51904548
>>
>>51905461
Show me what I made up?

That undead can be dismembered easily?
That undead do not need to sleep? (Check the MM, Zombie)
That undead regeneration can be undone by holy water etc? (Check the MM, Flameskull)
That undead have Undead fortitude (Check the MM, Zombie again)

The only concepts I made up was that Soulbound Undead can't be undone by anything but True resurrection or Wish (a pretty basic thing for a stronger curse) and that they are not completely incapped when they hit 0 hp.

And yes, it's not canon lore? But it's all stated in the fluff of the race? It is internally consistent, so I don't see no problem with it.

>>51905552
That anon's (Your?) reaction was mixed, it didn't tell me anything useful? Anon just said things and expected them to be somehow helpful for my design process? What, being undead has drawbacks? No fucking shit sherlock. What, some features are powerful and might require one to rethink their playstyle? I still don't get what ya'll getting at.

Saying that it sucks doesn't... Help?

>>51905571
Thank you, I will take that as a compliment. My neurological studies continue next week, to see whether I have Aspergers.

>>51905571
Aight, might check it out.

>>51905636
Allright, first off.

You expect people to not put shit in that might still be volatile, expect things to be perfect? That's just kind of weird.

You barely give me any actual advice, you're just stating your opinion on it.

"It's shit" is the worst criticism you can give, just behind "It's okay".

Allright, I admit that my post smelled of shilling. Although, one cannot shill what isn't for sale. I can be obnoxious, but theoretically I'm not shilling.

And shit this flew right off proportion right here. I derailed half the thread, sheesh.

I don't even get why people got suddenly so enthusiastic about my shitty homebrew. Maybe because for once I didn't call it shitty, like I usually do? I guess.
>>
File: King Hekaton.png (86KB, 171x189px) Image search: [Google]
King Hekaton.png
86KB, 171x189px
>>51905750
S T O P
T
O
P
>>
>>51905789
King Hekaton really should be more proactive. All he ever wants is for things to stop.
>>
Are there any good published adventures besides Curse of Strahd? I'd like to run something but half of my players (and myself) are currently playing Strahd in a different game.
>>
>>51905789
I am stopping, at least trying to. But my problem is that when several people just tell me it sucks, it just feels much more like 4chan being 4chan than them actually trying to give input on it.

But whatever, I gotta go sleep anyway, europoor as I am.

Forget that that shit existed or something.
>>
>>51905849
There are some premades in the MEGA trove. I can't say what's good and what isn't, but if it's there, it's been vetted by at least someone.
>>
>>51905750
Honestly my biggest issue is with the combination of Undead Fortitude and Stasis, having a character with +4 stats at the beginning and weaker ASIs could lead to a place where the character feels too strong early on and then drops off hard. Everything else seems nice and thematic.
>>
File: 1376194686874.jpg (56KB, 285x287px) Image search: [Google]
1376194686874.jpg
56KB, 285x287px
>>51904652
I need to try this.
>>
Hey guys I made an undead race.

Your type is undead. As an undead, you don't need to eat, sleep or breathe. During a long rest, you can perform light activity.

Your Charisma is decreased by 2, your Constitution increases by 2, and your choice of Strength or Dexterity increases by 1

Speaks Common and one other language of your choice.

You have resistance to poison damage, and vulnerability to radiant damage.

You have darkvision out to a range of 60 feet.

Once per long rest, when you drop to 0 hitpoints, you can drop to 1 hitpoint instead.

Life Drain: As an action, you can make an attack using Strength, dealing 1d6+con mod damage. You heal the amount dealt.
>>
>>51904544
Femdo-
>>51904624 beat me to it.

Have her interfere with the party's activity, whatever it may be, but doing so through cronies/summons/henchmen, because she doesn't deem the party important enough to bother with personally. They'll either want personal revenge, or she'll be pissed off enough to confront them more.
>>
>>51905750
>People demonstrate why things suck and nobody would want to play this
>NO FUCK YOU YOU ARE BEING JERKS BECAUSE OF 4CHAN

No, it's because you produced shit content and when people point out it sucks and that anything-including absolutely nothing- would be better than it, you get asspained

Leave because you're shitting the thread up
>>
>>51905938
There is only one kind of undead creature in the MM book that has vulnerability to radiant: the shadow.

If its not made of living darkness it shouldn't have vuln radiant.
>>
>>51905966
Good point. Let's drop the vulnerability to radiant, as the race was kind of lacking.
>>
>>51905966
That's mostly because radiant attacks generally say "do more to undead" in their description.
>>
>>51905789
Speaking of king Hekaton
> SKT's tagline is "Stand with or against the giants in this adventure for the world's greatest roleplaying game."
Get interested, open the book.
> These are good guys
> These are bad guys
> And this is your BBEG and final bossfight.
Now this is what I call false advertising!
>>
>>51905385
Found something months ago that adds things to all the stats since Dex dominates a shitload of things (Skills, AC, Initiative, etc..) With Intelligence in this it let you get more skills, languages, whatever. I liked parts of it, some seemed a bit too complicated to deal with.
>>
>>51906029

That's nice.
>>
>>51906039
My players committed genocide on the giants. Things kinda got out of hand.
>>
>>51906042
Even if wizards got 0 skills, they'd still become a 5 skill class.
>>
File: Soulbound Lite.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Soulbound Lite.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Allright folks, you don't need to peek if you don't want to.

>>51905909
See, people? This is an actual, constructive comment. And even if the end didn't have some praise, it would still be.

Well, those both are features, so... Theoretically I can just remove both and just drop the ASI to +2 and whoops.

Better?

>>51905946
Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't see it. Most notes people gave were pretty... Vague at best, bad at worst. "This feature is shit" "This feature is too overpowered", as if one feature could ruin the whole picture, especially when I tried to balance it in away that the whole would work while the individual parts could look dubious.

Eh, I'm probably just too tired to actually read into the comments.

Anyway, I'm out. I'll come back posting tomorrow, but you won't even know it's me, new threads and things to talk about and all that jazz.
>>
>>51906070
Does it still have the painfully retarded +4 to con, reduced ASI bonus thing?
>>
>>51906070
Didn't you say you're stopping? >>51905852
>>
File: Stahp.png (40KB, 142x148px) Image search: [Google]
Stahp.png
40KB, 142x148px
>>51906070
>>
>>51906092
It's just a +3 to Con now, so it should be fixed. Anyway, off to bed with me.
>>
>>51906070
Undead body feels like something that can completely fuck over the day with one unlucky roll. Not dangerous but kind of annoying when you make the group rest.

Honestly everything else seems good.
>>
>>51906042
This seems nice. None of my players have ever fucked around with learning skills in their downtime, though, so I'm not sure if adding rules would make them use that feature or just be a waste of time.
>>51906067
The only thing that bothers me here is that an INT 10 character gets 6 Skill Points at character creation, which seems like a lot if it lets him or her learn THREE not-in0class-list skills, independent of their background. I agree that that seems like a lot. Honestly, just making it equal to their Intelligence Modifier seems like it would be good enough.
>>
File: calm down princess.png (119KB, 392x366px) Image search: [Google]
calm down princess.png
119KB, 392x366px
>>51905450
>>
>>51904652
Interesting Shotgun Gun-Kata
>>
>>51904652
We have to optimize this

>Artificer 1
>Gunsmith
>Thunder Cannon (2d6 piercing)
>Monk 3
>Way of the Kensei
>Choose Gun as a prof
>Human for feat at level 1
>Crossbow Expert
>Being within 5 feet of your enemy won't impose disadvantage on ranged attack rolls
>You can close in, fire into the enemies' face, then as a bonus action you can pummel the enemy with 1d4 bludgeoning
>If you use the attack action to melee attack unarmed, then you can use the Thunder Cannon for +2 AC
>(Very DM dependent) If you use Crossbow Expert, the DM may allow you to also use the Thunder Cannon as a bonus action if loaded
>Potential for 2d6+1d4+DEX Mod
>>
Hey, anyone have any of the pdf's of the fixes to the Artificer UA?
>>
>>51906138
>>51906067
Yeah, it could use work but I liked the idea of it, makes things matter besides Dex for every class. The Int modifier is a good idea, I thought of that as well. It doesn't need much work to tweak things, I like that it gives ideas more than anything.
>>
>>51904548
The DMG Skeleton and Zombie templates, if you take away the the ability score decreases, make decent race options already. What you have here is more like some sort of bizarre template that'll completely change the game for the character, possibly breaking it altogether.
>>
>>51906515
I've honestly thought about letting undead humanoids just be, basically, people who get race-shifted to zombie/skeleton, and perhaps animate dead be allowed as a very ghetto version of raise dead for PCs.
>>
>>51906515
What page are those on? Never read the DMG and my group dislikes homebrew but something official might be good for a setting I'm working on.
>>
I'm getting into a game for the first time on Monday. Phandelver. Without spoilers, what should I expect in terms of what I need to do to prepare? I've never played 5e. What should I bring to the session?
>>
>>51906696
Bring your character sheet and dice. Bringing snacks is customary.
> what I need to do to prepare
You should know what your character can do and how. If your character is a fighter, you better not ask "how do I roll for attack?"
>>
>>51906696
Other than reading the PHB I don't really think there is anything else to do. Phandelver is a pretty simple campaign which works as a nice intro to 5e.
>>
>>51906696
In addition to what the previous two anons have said: have a good understanding of what your character can do, and of the general rules concerning encounters and combat. I actually have a print-out of the 5e combat rules in my character folder so I can quickly reference stuff.

Your main concern should be ensuring that you know/have fast access to all the crunchy stuff so you can focus on roleplaying and having fun.
>>
Why is the special protection/buffing field that Crown Oath has so frikkin small? I want to like it but its teensy.
>>
File: dndsprites.png (151KB, 688x738px) Image search: [Google]
dndsprites.png
151KB, 688x738px
>>51904766
Transparent.
>covering up any more terrain features than necessary

also, pick your party
>>
>>51906751
I suppose I should buy a PHB, then. I was under the impression the Starter Kit came with the bare essentials to run a Phandelver game.
>>
>>51906825
EZ. Human Bard, Half Elf Cleric, Human Wizard, Human Paladin.
>>
Why do Warlocks have so little spell slots?
>>
>>51906843
It does: the adventure with NPC stat blocks, the core rules, and four premade characters with sheets.
>>
>>51906859
Because they recharge on short rests and always cast at the maximum spell level available to that Warlock level.
>>
>>51906859
They're a very extremely niche class based off the idea of skirmishing, repeated light encounters, and exploration, the idea is if they get 8 or more rests a day, they will be the MVP every time.
>>
>>51906863
Oh. Well, then, I'm fine. I'll show up, try the pre-made stuff, and see if I like it.
>>
>>51906825
>Sophia
>champion
What?
>>
>>51906897
>Sophia in armor with a feather
Some of these are less extensive edits and bashes than others.
>>
Would it be on character for any class who has Fey related archtypea sleep naked in a glade or a bush? GlamoUr Bard/Dream Druid/Fey Warlock?
>>
>>51906935
Sounds like a great way to get Lyme disease.
>>
>>51906935
Hey my nubile monk sleeps naked in her tent or in inn beds. Being poor as fuck with little luxuries, clothes are for casual and travel only
>>
File: DCC endsheet sm.jpg (133KB, 640x406px) Image search: [Google]
DCC endsheet sm.jpg
133KB, 640x406px
What spells are good to have for dungeon building? Are there good permanent illusions or runes that trigger when touched?
>>
>>51907036
>poor
>when punching any three goblins to death drops more money into your lap than farmers make in a year
>>
>>51907069
>Have you tried not playing Final Fantasy?
>>
>>51907069
Give it to party treasurer. Sje doesnt have much in personal belongnings
>>
>>51905750
Learn how to use question marks correctly. You don't use a question mark at the end of a statement?
>>
File: 593.png (27KB, 251x404px) Image search: [Google]
593.png
27KB, 251x404px
Hey, I have some friends who want me to GM a 5e campaign with JoJo homebrews, what's the best way to tell them to fuck off?
>>
Best battle master maneuvers?
>>
>>51907296
With those exact words, one would assume.
>>
>>51907296
Tell them JoJo is for homosexuals and you only enjoy superior anime like Madoka. They'll never ask you to be involved in anything anime related again.
>>
File: 1475596569501.png (227KB, 383x363px) Image search: [Google]
1475596569501.png
227KB, 383x363px
>>51907296
Why wouldn't you want to do such a great idea?!
>>
File: Maria-Bernhardt.2.jpg (73KB, 1009x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Maria-Bernhardt.2.jpg
73KB, 1009x1200px
What class?
>>
Anybody ever play a Duelist Battle Master using rapiers?

It seems really fun and flavorful to take Parry, Riposte, and either Feinting or Lunging Attacks as maneuvers, but is it effective?
>>
>>51907408
Monks are flexible, can fight naked.
>>
Can't fucking sleep, gotta continue on my abomination child. You know what.

>>51905583
Ran the current incarnation through this (Won't post pdf because Hekaton is gonna b mad)

Race falls somewhere between 4 - 6.5, depending on opinions and on Origin Race. Small races can easily get like 3, which is pretty bad. Probably could get some additional Features from Origin Race or something.

New things:

>When you die, you are incapacitated for 1d10+1 years or until animate dead or create undead is cast on you
>Half healing from necrotic and poison damage if a friendly willingly causes you some of those damage types
>Detachable head, body has blindsight 30ft while head is not attached. Crits can detach head if you get unlucky (5/20). Head still sees while detached, be creative.
>Removed undead body because too easily rekt, or alternatively can put it back with 5 instead of 10 as the threshold

Will try to sleep again. Adios.
>>
>>51904548
Idk why you wanted to reinvent the wheel. Revenant is EXACTLY where reanimated, previously dead PC should be. This is just too much.
>>
>>51907515
Grand Master (or Mistress) or Flowers is also the traditional max rank title for a monk
>>
Why hasn't any enterprising Wizard taken the Decanter of Endless Water and tie it to another elemental plane?
>Decanter of endless wind
>Decanter of endless sand
>DECANTER OF ENDLESS FIRE
>>
>>51907714
>Revenant is EXACTLY where reanimated, previously dead PC should be.

>instead of a likely-garbago subrace ability, you get "can never be killed lol"
>still have nothing in common combat wise with any other undead creature in the entire game

Agreed on the it being too much part though.
>>
>>51907745
Is it even confirmed that the Decanter of Endless Water is a gate to the Plane of Water and not just Create Water on loop?

If it is an elemental plane as source, that does strike me as a pretty good story hook.
>>
>>51904649

He took forty states...

That's as many as four tens!
>>
>>51907754
>Implying "Can never die lol" isn't the strongest subrace ability in the game

Speaking of Revenant I feel like its too strong as is. I was going to play one but with the change "automatically passes death saving throws unless you roll a 1" rathwr than just getting up with 1hp every turn. Seem fair?
>>
>>51907796
>>51907754
Not too long ago everyone said the revenant was shit but now everyone thinks it's OP.
>>
>>51907835

The two are in no way mutually exclusive, anon.
>>
>>51907754
I very vividly remember reading that revenants have a 1 year timer to complete their goal or they die, however, having reread the block on 5etools, I didn't see that.

With that caveat, I think the free respawns are reasonable considering, in the games I play at least, 1 year is not a terribly long time.

Without it though, yeah. It's stupid op, boring, and silly.
That was my mistake.
>>
>>51907796
I try to avoid homebrew
>>
Is there a good way to lead into Curse of Strahd from LMoP or would I have to rebalance most of the encounters?
>>
>>51907892
He means the Revenant in the Gothic Heroes, not that autistic shit above us.
>>
>>51907888
The revenant PC race is missing a lot of things that the monster has. The 1 year limit is just one of many.

No way for it to be not gimmicky as hell, likely to result in a live revenant and a dead party, a live party and a dead revenant, the revenant dragging 50 barrel bombs, and generally doing randumb xD shit.
>>
What's cooler? Changeling Assassin or Kobold Sharpshooter?
>>
Aasimar Scourge Avenger Pally
STR 15
DEX 10
CON 11+1
WIS 10
INT 10
CHA 15+2

Is this good start?
>>
>>51907926
Those are all really good points. How would you fix it? Maybe just make it a "second life"? Take out all the silly respawn shit and just make it where if you die this time, you're dead for good?
>>
>>51907999
I'd take 2 out of CHA and put it into CON. Aasimar unfortunately make only half decent Paladins and Clerics, when the should be better for it.

Also maybe -2 INT and +2 DEX or WIS for the saves.
>>
File: 1485215332279.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1485215332279.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>Fairly new GM
>Decide to run Phandelver for a friend. He says he'll find some people to join in
>He brings 4 other players
>They're all GM's in other games and seem pretty experienced
I've made a mistake.
>>
>>51908026
Don't worry, they are probably all forever GMs who haven't been able to be a player as far back as they can remember.
>>
>>51908000
I don't get why they didn't renovate the revenant from 4e.

The element that I thought clever was basically that the revenant escalated as they got closer to death or their enemy did; iirc, they got basically an Inflict Light Wounds effect as soon as anyone is bloodied once per encounter, and then when they're at negatives, they have a single standard action before they pass out. But at higher levels, they could function continuously at death's door til they finally die.

Of course, this has a few problems, for example it heavily emphasizes healing in an edition (4e) where healing is paramount, while its not as big a deal in 5e.

One simple idea, if you is perhaps they can use Inflict Wounds once between short rests, but only after someone has either hit half HP (not really a thing in 5e) or 0 HP (possibly even then) as a bonus action, largely similar to the tiefling's free Hellish Rebuke, and maybe that they don't go down until they fail a death save, though that could be BS.

Don't take any of this too seriously, of course.
>>
>>51907305
Bump. Also I have 16 strength, should I take the ASI at 4 or the Martial Adept for an additional die and maneuvers?
>>
>>51908019
Aasimar only get +2 CHA and +1 CON
>>
>>51907987
>aasimar
It's shit.
>>
Whats besy build for Moonbow Warlock?
>>
I'm taking Magic Initiate Druid for Shillelagh but what's the best choice for the 1st level spell for my Arcana Cleric?

I was thinking Entangle or Faerie Fire but the both require Concentration. I've also heard good things about Goodberry but it doesn't really fit the character.
>>
First time GM here, and I'm getting some conflicting information trying to use the various tools out there. What can your typical first level party handle with a reasonable chance of success? Four CR 1/4? A CR3? Nothing, and they should go home and take up farming?
>>
>>51908300
Why

Shillelagh is trash. Just get a weapon with a d8 die unless you're in a setting where only magic weapons work.

>>51908325
I just did a level 1 battle, actually.

six wolves were a decent challenge. Our tank got knocked out once, but that was the worst of it.
>>
>>51908344
Okay, that gives me a benchmark, which is good.

What about a single werewolf, if I provide them with something silver to fight it with?
>>
>>51908344
Because you can become a close range powerhouse entirely off WIS.
>>
>>51908364
That's funny, we have werewolves in our campaign, too.

It would be hard, but they may be able to. Be careful, though, because they could get Lycantrophy, and eventually bind the disease to make them stronk as fuck for Level 1 or 2, namely, the power to not die to anything not silvered or magic.
>>
>>51908344
For a pure WIS build. My DM's letting me use it with any weapon.

Plus I like Melee Clerics and Arcana does it best with the Wizard Cantrips.
>>
>>51908364
If you take a single high CR creature against the party, either they'll dominate it due to action economy and finding a way to disable it, or it'll pick them off one by one and wreck them. This is why the design of "boss" monsters has legendary and lair actions- to give them extra action economy outside of their turns.
Silver weapon gate will likely result in them being fucked up because they can't hurt it.
>>
>>51906873
So how do they fare when there's only one big combat encounter per session?
>>
File: Saiyan[draft1].pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Saiyan[draft1].pdf
1B, 486x500px
In the vein of shitty homebrews, could I get some feedback on this one? I just want to make my weeb friend happy.
>>
>>51907913

You're fine, just rebalance the level 3-5 so that by the time they hit the actual level 5 shit they're ready for it.
>>
If I don't want to use cursebringer, and the hexblade spell list is almost entirely unappealing save blink and destructive wave, would going fey bladelock be viable?
>>
>>51904652
Why don't people read?

Thunder Cannon is not a martial weapon, and thus can't be a Kensei weapon.
>>
>>51905387
>"All the other characters are being idiots, can't I do something stupid without consequences?"

No. Especially if everyone else is not having fun. Let him taste serious repercussions for his actions in-game.
>>
>>51907296
"Nah"
>>
>>51907296
>>51907296
If they want something specific like that, they can run it. Then you choose to play or not. If they want you to DM, they work within your preferences.
>>
>>51908411

Yeah, I had considered this with the werewolf. My thinking was that since it had the weapon immunity and multi-attack, it would sort of compensate for it being just a single tough critter. Also has what looks like decent hit points for CR3 at mid-50s. I'm just concerned about overwhelming my party since they are mostly new players.
>>
>>51908413
Disproportionately poorly.
>>
>>51908026
See it as an opportunity to try more advanced stuff.
>>
Whats best for Archer gish?
>>
>>51908761
EK
>>
So my group has been on a hiatus as I got over my GM fatigue and tried to figure out how to sort my campaign out

party is on the run from the law, demons, a portion of the criminal underworld, and there's a half-manticore half-one of the party members running around pillaging the countryside, etc

They want to make a dash to a nearby harbor city, get on a boat, and get the fuck off the continent.

I was thinking on having them get shipwrecked, landing on an island filled with dinosaurs and shit, sort of a Skull Island sort of thing. It'd be like a chain of small Islands populated with crazy shit, pirates, natives, and ancient ruins of some sort.

I wanted to make survival sort of a thing, with the party having to hunt and secure fresh water. They have no one capable of just magically procuring water/food so that helps.

Is there some sort of 5e survival homebrew ruleset or something like that? You guys have any idea on how to do this best?

We've been rewatching lost and the players have talked about how cool D&D lost could be so I think this is a perfect opportunity to give them what they want.
>>
>>51908777
>I wanted to make survival sort of a thing, with the party having to hunt and secure fresh water. They have no one capable of just magically procuring water/food so that helps.
>Is there some sort of 5e survival homebrew ruleset or something like that? You guys have any idea on how to do this best?

I don't know your party, so it's hard to say for sure, but t hat sounds boring as fuck. DnD is about adventure, not tracking stats about how many coconuts they have stored.

>We've been rewatching lost and the players have talked about how cool D&D lost could be so I think this is a perfect opportunity to give them what they want.

What about Lost do they like? Because you need to aim for that to 'give them what they want'.
>>
>>51904502
Lightlockadin with the new blade invocations is a fun and effective character that I highly recommend.
>>
>>51908531
I dont believe it ever mentions what it is, so its up to the DM
>>
File: 1487978739187.png (269KB, 715x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487978739187.png
269KB, 715x1024px
>>51904548
Looks good anon, don't mind the others. The balance is a little off, but I know you'll keep improving it!
>>
>>51908893
No. Martial Weapons are the weapons listed on the table, just like the various monster unique weapons aren't "martial weapons" and you can't, without DM/plot Fiat, get procienct with them.
>>
File: FourElements.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
FourElements.pdf
1B, 486x500px
So there are some changes here what are your thoughts?
>>
>>51909004
i think you're a faggot and your shit sucks faggot
>>
>>51905407
>If you're just straight up dungeon crawling by the books it's alright.
>shadows and bugbears
>CR 0.5 or CR 1
>>
>>51909041
I like you! You're special, don't change for anyone ever.
>>
File: link says hello.gif (979KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
link says hello.gif
979KB, 500x375px
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/feats.html#Actor

Added source filtering to feats, backgrounds, and races (and some other filtering to races).
>>
>>51909004
Looks pretty shit.
>>
>>51909144
I was just thinking that would be useful.

Woo.
>>
>What started as a simple discussion between the DM and a player has turned into them designing an entire homebrew system
I'm scared.
>>
what is the best adventures published so far /5eg/?
>>
>>51909156
What do ya mean anon?
>>
>>51901142
Would requiring a magic surge per d10 be too much in this scenario?
>>
>>51909204
Curse of Strahd if you like spooky setting, talking and investigating
Princes of the Apocalypse if you like classic setting, cults, and dungeon crawling
>>
>>51904500
Multiclassing a little bit as a Cleric is perfectly viable since 3 levels of Cleric are pretty much irrelevant.

It could be worth it for 5 levels as a Battle Master fighter

It could be worth it for 5 levels as a Paladin

Its definitely worth it most of the time as a ranger for 5 levels.

Combining different spellcasting classes can work for utility over power.
>>
> Be me, anxious DM worried about finally having first session begin after two false starts in the previous meetings (session 0 for character creation and a trial run of the characters, session 0.5 due to two players missing for legitimate reasons), worried that my set up for the start of the plot isn't good enough.
> Players get into it, lots of roleplay occur between players, and player to my NPCs.
> First real use of music to set up a scene works fabulously, picks up right when combat begins.
> Players get into the combat and character personalities as they fight, I give enough description to have them fill in the blanks as desired, succeed at their fight.
> End the night's session because everyone has work in the morning, otherwise they'd like to play longer, all express excitement at the game and are looking forward to next session.

Feels fucking good, anons.
>>
>>51909322
What do you mean requiring a wild surge? That they must have surged an X number of times before using the extra Xd10 force damage? Or that when they use it they immediately roll X wild surges at once? Cause that last one sounds bonkers.
>>
Anyone have cool ideas for a Hexblade? The patron seems a little tricky to work with.
>>
I'm killing my paladin off soon and making a rogue. My party members are a warlock and wizard.

I've never played a rogue, what should I expect?
>>
>>51909376
>You trekked into the wilderness searching for a legendary power. You discovered a lone blade, old and alone, stuck in stone on a mountain. This sword spoke to you, promising you power. It is but a shallow copy of its true self, but as it teaches you strange and incredible power, it grows stronger... and slowly corrupts you without you realizing.
>>
Does your PC sleep in the nude?
>>
>>51909376
I'm not a fan of the lore flavor for it, mainly because it's not setting neutral (it mentions the Raven Queen).

If I was allowing it, i'd reflavor it. Radom idea off the top of my head:

Each blade was the weapon of a powerful warrior, who died and their soul was bound to the weapon - instead of borrowing power, you're being possessed by a long-dead legendary figure - the more you use it, the more powerful it becomes - but the more power it has over you also. I'd also give the option for the character to be perfectly aware of this, and keep using it anyway.

>>51909421
I've never played a rogue, what should I expect?

Find out how your DM handles stealth, if you don't already know. This makes the difference between being borderline OP and literally useless.

>>51909441
Well, depends where they are/if they're a bard or not.
>>
>>51909375
It would be pretty damn silly to have half a dozen surges resolve simultaneously.

Not that guy, but on a semi-related note, I've considered having an "unstable portal" type hazard during a boss encounter, which takes semi-random lair actions. One of those would be "all casters(/creatures) immediately have a wild surge, and the entity in the portal can choose to reverse the digits of their roll (ie. turn 25 into 52, etc)". Is that too dickish an effect?
>>
Are female bards as slutty as male ones?
>>
>>51909423
>>51909451
Actually gonna with a sword I found in a stone on a century old battlefield. Belonged to one of the champions who served the god of war. I like this.

Mechanically though is it better to take the invocation for 2 attacks or to use the SCAG cantrips?
>>
>>51909486
>Mechanically though is it better to take the invocation for 2 attacks or to use the SCAG cantrips?
If you use Curse Bringer: two attacks.

If you're just going for a dependable SAD gish with sword-and-board: SCAG cantrips.
>>
>>51909497
SAD gish. Curse Bringer seems great for nova but I don't like the idea of being MAD.
>>
>>51909376
Deckhand level common pirate is given a completely ordinary looking cutlass as his share of booty coming from an elaborately decorated chest full of ornate jewels, armors, and other rare items.

Bitter over the imbalanced distribution of wealth and about the throw the blade into the sea, the deckhand hears the blade speak directly to his subconscious.

The blade offers to provide the skills necessary to become the most notorious pirate to sail the seas. All the asks for in return is to remain at his side at all times.
>>
>>51904454
>Has Dungeons and Dragons improved your life?

Yes, immensely
>>
>>51908777
As a player in a campaign that just went skull island style, I'm having a blast. Go for it bro
>>
>>51908761
Valor bard
>>
>>51909675
How so? I had a huge negative as a child for being ostracized by my father for it, and by my older brother's popular friends.

A slight positive now that I've gotten into it as an adult since it's brought my current group of friends closer together, but I certainly wouldn't say I've had a net positive.
>>
>>51905140

I fucked that up, I meant at level 1, not per level. That puts them on par with bards for spells known.
>>
>>51905521
Warlocks are literally getting all of their shit directly from some higher being, who likes them.

If you made it INT and dumped their cha to 8, you would need to do some serious work to convince me, as a GM, how you made a higher being like you.
>>
If an enemy is knocked prone and IS unconscious are my hits a 100%

if an enemy is knocked prone and IS NOT unconscious what then ?

if an enemy is bound (unable to move) but has its hands free, is conscious and is in open combat, do i only get an advantage ?
>>
>>51910023
>If an enemy is knocked prone and IS unconscious are my hits a 100%
You attack with advantage, hits automatically crit
>if an enemy is knocked prone and IS NOT unconscious what then ?
Attack with advantage
>if an enemy is bound (unable to move) but has its hands free, is conscious and is in open combat, do i only get an advantage ?
I believe so but i'd have to double check the wording on the restrained condition
>>
>>51910023
>>51910057
Should specify: the first two are assuming you're attacking from 5ft away. If you're attacking someone prone at range, it's disadvantage, and it's not an auto-crit unless you're 5ft away, even if you're hitting them in melee.
>>
I've always gone from can they fight back or not.

Whether you're prone from dropping to the floor yourself or you're prone cause you got tripped and you're flat on your back, you're probably aware enough to roll around and try and dodge. It'd be hard, but doable, so it's disadvantage (as her PHB).

I'd say bound but free hands is restrained, which is still only advantage. It would possibly depend how they're bound, though. There's a difference between having your legs tied and being tied to a post
>>
>>51905610
>>51905586
I feel like you could change Warlocks to have spellcasting based on the pact chosen, and just change it around so your pact is chosen at the first level.

Charisma for Pact of Chain, being the smooth talking person who your patron likes a lot, and can get a special familiar to like you.

Pact of the Tome is intelligence, as it is based on the Warlocks ability to remember things, and properly catalogue spells and rituals. They are almost wizards, but they are just learning a lot from their patron.

Pact of the blade could be... I don't know, honestly. Dexterity would be retarded and broken, strength? I feel like they'd get way too much put of an already very good offensive attribute. Con is something you always want, but since you rarely max it, it could be a possibility.

Or you could just keep Charisma here as well, and make bladelocks a bunch of charismatic scoundrels.
>>
What's with the homebrew hate, /5eg/? Like, >>51909041 and >>51909156 are just kind of unwarrantedly rude to that homebrewer. And then there was the was the whole shitstorm with my triggered ass.

Who hurt you, /5eg/?
>>
>>51904454

That giant's the Hound.
>>
>>51909332
not rage of the demons?
>>
Which class lets me be a cheeky cunt to my two faced friends?
>>
>>51909004
Element Monk is balanced (I know, it's not, but bear with me) off maximum ki usage per turn; As is, on a curious glance, a lot of the things on the list aren't strong enough on the level you get them. Or at all. Which isn't bad - maybe it's balanced and I just didn't pay enough attention. But it does miss a bit of the original intention of balance in your lists. Some of the idea aren't bad. There's also consideration of NOT making the 4element monk into "wizard, but with ki", but I'll leave that to you.

You forgot about the 4elemental monk's prestidigitation option (Elemental Attunement), and I am not sure if it was an intentional omission. Regardless, I am saddened.

I don't like Elemental Mastery, straight up. I think there are better, more flavorful ability than what amounts to "Pick another Invocation" for Warlock.

I am also a bit saddened that there aren't "Polymorph, but into Elemental", which seems straightforward to me, but I understand it for balance reasons.

Will people take the ribbon abilities that you are offering? Has anyone done so during playtest? Are there ways to give an incentive?

Lastly, I guess it's just a personal issue: It does not follow existing format for existing templates of "select X from Y", and gates things behind monk levels. This is, of course, perfectly fine and I am just nitpicking here.
>>
>>51900780
They still shit on sorcerers though.
>>51905588
Spell points doesn't let you cast a bunch of 6th+ level spells either.
>>
>>51904606
I think it's not so much the potential but that they haven't adjusted the wording to make it clear that it doesn't work with other class's features.
>>
>>51904481
Watch me as i play a Swashbuckler /Stone Sorcerrer / Hexblade.
>>
>>51904544
You don't.
You make them a superior elf that's extremely troublesome to deal with due to political and social reasons as well as her personal power.
Make her Lawfull Evil as fuck.
>>
File: unknown[1].png (42KB, 397x773px) Image search: [Google]
unknown[1].png
42KB, 397x773px
An update to d20plus, the userscript that allows 5etools data to be imported into Roll20:
- I have taken over my own branch, now under the name 5etoolsR20.
- I have already started adding new features, such as a makeshift dialog that allows you select some, all, or none of the stat blocks from the provided JSON or XML file.
- This will be linked to on the main 5etools page for ease of access (and so it doesn't get added to the OP).

https://github.com/5egmegaanon/5etoolsR20
>>
>>51910157
The problem is that a lot of homebrewers are asking for feedback, but really only want to get their dick sucked for how awesome their super cool homebrew is.

Whenever they get any sort of negative feedback, their response usually always end up like the undead-anon, along the lines of
>B.. but you are wrong! This is really canon and fits everything, you don't know what you are talking about!!!!11!!!!11!!

Anyone coming to these threads with some regularity, will have seen this happen hundreds of times. We grow tired of it, and start expecting it to happen.

My group uses a lot of homebrews, but we are old school homebrewers, and are very good at presenting ideas, and making them work. Trying to give good critique to homebrewers here in /5eg/, is a massive waste of time, when 90% of the homebrewers here are autistic cunts, who goes full defensive mode whenever even a slightly negative aspect is brought up. It doesn't help that most homebrews here really are shit, and are either terribly weak compared to existing choices, or ridiculously overpowered, to a degree where they will completely break the balance of any regular party.
>>
File: 1487699470576.jpg (36KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
1487699470576.jpg
36KB, 600x583px
I can see the criticism for Lore Wizard being too powerful in respect to the "double proficiency" thing but I've also seen people complain about the "Int Initiative" thing. I've always let my party choose Wis, Dex, or Int as their modifier for initiative because I felt WoC made Dex too powerful in combat and gave Int too few uses.
>>
>>51904500
I'm multiclassing kensai monk with two lvls of fighter using the mobility feat for defense to get in swing and get out, and magic initiate for hex, and that with great weapon fighter is averaging 5 to 6 d6 a round in my group making me the main damage dealer for our party and with the monk speed and mobility to disengage in open areas it's pretty devestating. A lot of our shits in dungeons though and small rooms so I'm not always able to abuse the mobility and speed and with my relatively low AC I end up getting hit pretty hard pretty often.
>>
>>51910417
To add onto this, the pieces of homebrew that typically get positive receptions are the most basic ones around, because they don't try and mess with the game design, but rather work within it.

Any time an anon thinks they have an entirely new awesome concept, it almost inevitably ends up clashing with the game design of 5e, the flavor of the default setting, or could be solved with minor refluffing or alteration of existing ideas.

Way of the Knife Asshole represents what 5e should be when it comes to
>how do i X
It isn't, make homebrew, or multiclass 4 different ways. It's slightly refluff an existing option into what you actually need for the concept.

Hell, just a few days ago someone took that same Sun Soul reword and made it fit some guys elemental character when the DM wanted to transition it from Pathfinder.
>>
So help me /5eg/

I want to make a wood elf archer. Like, really stereotypical archer dude, who kills you from miles away with a longbow.

I can't decide on the path to do this. I want limited multiclassing, preferably none at all, but I can't figure out what to choose.

Ranger is the obvious choice, but I feel like they lost a lot of their edge in terms of shooting. Fighters actually seem better, almost. However, both options would be missing something I find pretty critical.

Rogues have cunning action, that allows them a bonus disengage action. That is just extremely useful, to the point where I just can't figure out why I wouldn't pick a rogue, just for that. Coupled with sneak attack, great stealth abilities, and advantages and free criticals when attacking from hiding, they just seems almost godly in comparison.

But of course, they are missing a lot of combat bonuses that both Fighters and Rangers get.

What would you propose? As I said, I'd really prefer to not multiclass at all, and if I have to, keep it very limited. We usually never play campaigns longer than the 10th level, so I can't really use the favoured "3/17" builds that seems to be quite popular.
>>
>>51910476
The differences between a ranger archer and a fighter archer are pretty much only in utility (with the ranger having the edge) until high levels where the fighter starts to pull ahead. A rogue has even more utility but their relative damage falls behind at higher levels.

Any of the options for them are good, you're not going to be wanting for much with any of the three. Go with what feels right.
>>
>>51910443
I feel like the justification for Int initiative is fine, especially for a wizard. Of all the issues with Lore Master, it's the least bad part.
>>
>>51910462
The issue often lies in the fact that most of the "new and awesome concepts" not just clash with game design and flavour, they are also anything but awesome - They often end up being mechanical benefits, with little actual interesting fluff behind them.

The Flame sorcerer is a good example of this, where you basically just get better at fire magic, resistant to fire, ignores enemy resistances to fire, you become immune to fire, you reduce fire immunity to resistance...

It is just mechanical benefits, with no real cool flavour or concept. It's just boring benefits that makes you stronger. Why would you want this?

The issue, as I see it, is that we have a lot of people who can't figure out how to homebrew. I don't know if we have a homebrew guide somewhere, but we really should have, as it might help prevent people from posting the absolutely terrible attempts we've seen lately.
>>
>>51910476
Fighter 2/Rogue X or Fighter 5/Rogue X if you really, really want Extra Attack. Sharpshooter Feat is an obvious must (since it means you can technically shoot from 600ft away with no penalty but you'll basically never be able to do that).
>>
>>51910476
Sharpshooter feat, Battlemaster Fighter is probably your best mechanical option. It does the best damage, and gives you a fair bit of combat versatility.

UA Ranger isn't bad either, but it gives up some if its damage and in combat focus for out of combat magic.

Rogues just won't do as much consistent damage, in large part due to the lack of Extra Attack.
>>
>>51910486
DESU I feel "Secrets of Magic" would be balanced if you could change the element/savings throw only during/after a short rest. Otherwise it just lets you "change spells" without actually changing spells.
>>
>>51910476
My wood elf archer is a nature cleric with high dex and light armour. Spirit magic is a big part of elfness in my eyes, so I'm happy to lose out on some archery in exchange for produce flame, wind wall, walk on water, speak to/charm animals, etc.
Getting the sharpshooter feat helps make up for limited bow damage at higher levels, and you do get elemental arrows at 8, so that could be a nice power boost.
Of course, you still get longbow prof from being elf, and can also use shortswords for close combat.
Not as straightforward as fighter (battlemaster), but it works and is fun. Definitely another option to consider.
>>
>>51910417
Personally, my own asspain was mostly because people were bashing my homebrew without explicitly telling what was wrong with it, focusing on problematic details rather than looking how the whole was balanced.

I did end up cutting most of the things mentioned due to said backlash, but once someone actually formed their criticism in an sensible manner, it took me two minutes to change it.

Saying "Looks like shit famalam" doesn't give homebrewers anything to work with. And anyway, the base idea with that Wot4e was to format a fix for an existing archetype. Barely anything that is meant to break the game, just something trying make a horrible, horrible archetype into a somewhat decent one.

Like, I would be more inclined to call my undead brew gamebreaking, especially the older form. But the Lite is mostly just flavor, a little weak but not crippled in any significant way.

Esp after I tweaked some things afterwards, but I digress.
>>
>>51910570
Your "product" should be in a presentable stat prior to review. When you ask for input, you need to state goals and what exactly you are looking for, only when its in a near complete form should the entire thing be posted by itself, at which time nitpicking details IS helpful.
>>
Eberron campaign starting soon and one of the players wants to get Aberrant mark.
UA says to get the mage apprentice feat but fuck that, it should be a powerful feat as it gives an RP disadvantage.
What do you guys suggest for spells for an Aberrant mark?
>>
>>51904502
Radiant Soul doesn't works with Smite

>>51905315
CHA contest to redirect a surge to an enemy

>>51905469
>What kind of saves ought to provoke Intelligence as a response?
Mysticucks stuff

>>51909376
Just refluff it

>>51910157
Her :(
>>
>>51910506
It is also so terrible easy to homebrew, I can't even understand why there is any issues in the first place.

I'll just throw something fun together here:
Dart Master
The Dart Master is an expert at using darts as a weapon. They have an almost zen like ability to focus intently on their surroundings, letting them strike with unerring precision, while being aware of all of their surroundings at all time.

Hit points 1d8 per level
Proficiencies:
Armour: None
Weapons: Simple Weapons
Tools: Choose an artisans tools
Saving Throws: Strength and Dexterity
Skills: Choose 2 from ACrobatics, Athletics, History, Insight, Sleight of Hand and Stealth

Equipment is:
Any simple weapon
Dungeneoneers pack or explorers pack
10 darts

Level 1 abilities:
Dart Adept
When using your action to attack with a dart, you can perform a bonus action to make another attack with a dart.
Your damage with darts scale with your level. Starting at 5th level, the damage of the dart increases to d6, increased further to d8 at level 11, and a d10 at level 17.

Minds eye: Being so aware of even the tiniest movements around you, and your ability to predict the movements of even the tiniest objects around you, you can add your Wisdom modifer to your AC while you are not wearing any armour.

Starting level 2:
Intense Concentration
Your mastery over your body, allows you to use intense concentration to push yourself past the ordinary limits of a human.

Dart Rain: Instead of 1 bonus attack with darts, you can instead use your bonus action to make 2 attacks with your darts.

Burst of speed:
You can make swift movements, and can, as a bonus action, make a rapid sprint, either as a disengage action, or as a dash action.

Flying Darts:
The range of your darts increases by 10/20. This increases to 15/30 at 6th level, 20/40 at 10th level, 25/50 at 14th level, and 30/60 at 18th level.
>>
>>51910538
>Spirit magic is a big part of elfness in my eyes, so I'm happy to lose out on some archery in exchange for produce flame, wind wall, walk on water, speak to/charm animals, etc.
>ywn play with an Anon this cute

Why even DM?
>>
>>51910537
My "fix" for it requires the Wizard to make spell variations and prepare them rather than changing the things on will.

Damage variants don't take a whole spell slot (you can have 3 variants, including the original prepared at the cost of 1), but those level 6 things (threw the saving throw there) require their own prepared spell slot.

Then the lvl 14 feature enables them to make the level 6 spells into higher level spells of their own, and make their own spells in general if the GM is lenient enough.

I liken to think Loremasters as the engineer wizards. Those who get weird ideas and actually invent a lot of spells.
>>
>>51910656
>monk 1/dart masterx
10+DEX+WIS+WIS
word it better, faggot
>>
>>51910538
Huh, I hadn't actually considered the casters.

That might not be a bad idea to be honest. I know the "Wild Quiver Bard" is popular, but it just feels a bit uhh.. dumb.

Nature Cleric seems pretty fitting for a Wood Elf archer. Might look into that.
>>
>>51910570
>Personally, my own asspain was mostly because people were bashing my homebrew without explicitly telling what was wrong with it, focusing on problematic details rather than looking how the whole was balanced.
But as we said, the issue lies in the fact that most homebrewers react like autistic little shits, so ask yourself, if you knew that 90% of all homebrewers would flip their shit at negative feedback, and not actually use the feedback at all, would you:
Spend 2 minutes looking through it, and then spend 1 minute formulating a quick response on the points that stood out (Like people did with you), or;
Spend 10 minutes looking through it, understanding it, and then spending another 10 minutes formulating a contructive post of feedback.

You wouldn't do the last one. Not after you HAVE attempted option 2 several times, and having your feedback get dumped in the thrash bin by a raging autistic asshole.
>>
>Magic Quiver (+1), Rare
>Ammunition placed in this quiver becomes +1 ammo after a short rest. The magic wears off if the arrow is removed from the quiver for more than 12 seconds before being used. Arrows returned to the quiver become +1 again after a short rest as normal. Has no effect on already enchanted arrows.

Thoughts? I think it'll be a better item than a bundle of +1 ammo, and it's rarity is one tier higher than normal since it's effectively infinite +1/2/3 arrows (So a +2 Magic Quiver would be Very Rare)

Should this require attunement and only let the arrows drawn by the one attuned to it be +1?
>>
>>51910671
Read the fucking post, and get that autism looked at.

It took me 5 minutes to write that shit, and I forgot a simple restriction, that was obvious to anyone with half a brain.
>>
>>51910006
It's a deity/devil/outer-being/fey creature that prizes intelligence and knowledge above all else.
>>
Is there a official ruling on how ioun stone works with tomes?

Because it seems that iuon stones are able to just push you to your cap only, and a tome increases that cap by two.

So it seems like that would mean if the iuon stone could push you to 22.

However 5e is no fun allowed edition soooooooo.
>>
>>51910733
Sounds cool. I'd consider where to rank it based on the availability of magic items in general.

As a GM, I've found that I often had to do a lot more for the archers than the melee guys, because a melee weapon with +1 has infinite uses, while a bundle of +1 ammo does not.

Since certain monsters need +1 ammo to actually harm them, I would probably just keep it on the same rarity level as an ordinary weapon, unless you intend on using the quiver as a stacking on top of an already magical bow. It could be an interesting way to add a bonus to the archer, without throwing a new bow at him.

If you just keep the players at approximately the same level of magical enhancements, I wouldn't worry about increasing the rarity level.
>>
>>51910775
>However 5e is no fun allowed edition soooooooo.
Fuck off back to /pfg/ you faggot.

There are things that can push you past the 20 limit cap, magical items being one of them.

No official ruling on that interactions AFAIK.
>>
What's a good magical item for a bear? Something fun and interesting, not just a +1 Vest or something.
>>
>>51910806
>No official ruling on that interactions AFAIK.
Good. I can convince my DM to allow it then so fun is allowed unlike everything else in this edition.
>>
File: 1382425878981.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1382425878981.gif
89KB, 600x450px
Do racial spells, like for the Drow and Tiefling, consume a spell slot when used? My GM says they do even though the spells generally have the once per day limit as well.

Additionally my GM says that if the class doesn't learn spells (such as fighter), then you can't even use racial cantrips either.

I know GM's word is law, but I think someone is misinterpreting something here and with my luck it's me.

Any input would be appreciated.
>>
>>51910828
>Additionally my GM says that if the class doesn't learn spells (such as fighter), then you can't even use racial cantrips either.
He's wrong, hates fun, is a faggot. You should make a character with his name and just have that character suck dick and take it in the ass all the time.
>>
>>51904500

>Expecting me to do the full 20 bard
>No new spells known at 19 or 20
>Capstone ability is literally nothing
>Meanwhile I could just plop a couple of levels in warlock or Sorc (or even pala)
> keep the same spell casting ability
> switch new overlapping spells for prime real estate 5th and 7th level Bard spells
> keep Caster progression

Multiclassing for epic play is literally mandatory. Why do you hate the bard, the most downtrodden class in the game?
>>
>>51910828
He's wrong, and he's a moron. Don't tell him that, but link him this thread.
>>
>>51910828
>I think someone is misinterpreting something here and with my luck it's me.

Don't be a faggot. We all know you just want someone to tell you that you're right.

Which, incidentally, you are. Call your DM a fag and punch him in the nuts.
>>
>>51908934

It sure as shit isn't a "simple weapon", so I don't see your point
>>
File: Lodoss-tou.Senki.full.1542458.jpg (314KB, 1038x1393px) Image search: [Google]
Lodoss-tou.Senki.full.1542458.jpg
314KB, 1038x1393px
>>51910662
Thanks anon. Keep playing and being a good influence, you'll see players as brilliant as me!

>>51910680
Yeah, Deedlit with a bow is way more fun than Legolas!
Guiding bolt is a magic arrow! Leaves a faerie glimmer on the target
>>
>>51910828
Throw your dice into his face
>>
>>51910912
How can I be a good influence on my Rogue-loving players? They won't get outside their rogue boxes.
>>
>>51908893

Page 268 of the DMG, Firearms are Martial Ranged Weapons
>>
>>51910825
>Good. I can convince my DM to allow it then so fun is allowed unlike everything else in this edition.
I hope your DM says no just cause you sound like a cunt.
>>
>>51910828
>Do racial spells, like for the Drow and Tiefling, consume a spell slot when used?
No
>Additionally my GM says that if the class doesn't learn spells (such as fighter), then you can't even use racial cantrips either.
That's retarded
>Any input would be appreciated.
call your DM an idiot
>>
>>51910656
>It's also so terrible easy to homebrew
Yeah I mean I suppose it would be when you can just copy monks 1:1 but replace punching with darts
>>
>>51910709
I admit I was pretty tired when that asspain happened, but what ticked me off especially was that people thought I was making shit up, while I was actually just ripping off and retooling things directly from other undead creatures.

So I guess. And I do admit that that first post smelled like shill.

Still, I wouldn't say that >>51904657, >>51904561, >>51904613 and >>51905727 really tried to formulate any kind of criticism or to contribute in a meaningful way. Those posts were the main reason of my asspain, to be honest. That's why I got so salty when trying to formulate my points in several latter posts.
>>
>>51910952
That's fine. I'll just go back to throwing my mostly useless money at people as a weapon.
>>
>>51910981
if's shit
>>
File: 1275293097855.jpg (57KB, 321x380px) Image search: [Google]
1275293097855.jpg
57KB, 321x380px
>>51910873
>>51910906
>>51910908
>>51910915
>>51910977
Thanks for input!

>>51910908
> Don't be a faggot. We all know you just want someone to tell you that you're right.
Yes, partly. But, I did initially think racial bonuses were added to the modifiers and not the base score. GM corrected me on that though.
>>
>>51907408

Manga Class, Way of the Jacking Fist tradition.
>>
>>51910751
>"see how easy it's to homebrew guys"
>fails at lv1 feature
>"c-check this a-autism"
>>
>>51910828

Not only can racial spells be used without spell slots once a day, if the racial spell is in your caster spell list, and you cast from spells known, you can use it additional times by expending spell slots
>>
>>51910934
Run a themed one-off of some kind. Put them in new positions to give them new ideas!

Something I was thinking of was running a story of all wizards. There's enough different schools and spells that everybody can be different. Easy to have a group of different wizards (including evil wizards for edgemeisters) working together because of some magical accident or threat to their council.

Could also do a dwarf one shot. Or a band of bards. By applying a little restriction /form to the set up, you can give them ideas to work with to make their characters fun and interesting!
>>
>>51910570
There's no excuse for how you responded. Politely asking for more detail is the way to go, not going off on people.
>>
>>51911063
>he doesn't know
>>
>True Polymorph into Ancient Brass Dragon
>Shapechange into a Pit Fiend
>If you die as a Pit Fiend revert to Dragon, if you die as a Dragon revert to a 9th level spellcaster

Am I reading this correctly?
>>
>>51911081
I don't think that's how it works? The closest thing I remember is if you have magic initiate and have the relevant classes spellcasting feature it can act as extra spells known, but racial spells aren't explicitly from any class.
>>
>>51911118
Hmm, I see what you mean. I'll see what I can cook up.
>>
>>51911118

Run that game. All-wizard parties are super fun.
>>
File: Soulbound 2.0.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Soulbound 2.0.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51911005
If you want it that bad, I can post the newest version. Thread's dying anyway, so who cares?

So, this has those new features.

>1d10+1 years of incapacitation if you die.
Meant that in the case of the character dying or a TPK, you can't really continue playing with said character.

>Detachable Head
Some utility while having the chance to lose body parts with crits. Chance has been lowered though so you don't lose your head nearly as often. The chance is 1/80 that any one hit would bonk your head away. But it only gives you some minor disadvantages during combat.

>Necrotic Healing
Tried to give some healing utility, idea being that a necromancer is to undead what cleric is to the living. Of course, can be used offensively, too, against opponents that cause necrotic damage.

Getting too OP?

>>51911161
I admit, I was lashing out. I was p tired anyway. Is there an excuse for the responses for the others, either? Many of them were demeaning on purpose, mostly just trying to anger me.

And I admit, it worked.
>>
>>51911170
Actually I reread that and it doesn't work, since it keeps it's HP/Hit Die.

Something that DOES work however-
>True Polymorph into Ancient Brass Dragon
>Change Shape as Brass Dragon into a Ki-Rin
>Can now True Resurrection for free
>>
>>51910709
To be honest, most homebrewers on here are 100% fine with feedback if you explain it properly.

In all my time of bashing on homebrewers, they've all generally considered advice, with maybe only one or two exceptions.

Of course, the deal is that most homebrew starts out shit, and sometimes I really don't feel like doing anything more than mocking one that starts out ultrashit, because at that point I might as well just write the homebrew for them.
>>
>>51911218
>you take half damage from necrotic
>use necrotic healing to gain half again that of health
>implying any spellcaster above 5 int will bother casting necrotic on an undead in the first place
>30ft blindsight for free, literally no reason not just to keep it tied to your belt or whatever
it's shit
yameroooo
>>
>>51911229
That leaves you two options:

>If the ultrashit homebrew does not interest you in the slightest
Ignore it. In an indonesian smoke signal board you have a lot of opportunities to talk about other things than mocking things people make.

>If the ultrashit homebrew has something that interests you
Tell your opinion in a civil manner. Don't start writing specifics if you don't want, just tell what you feel is wrong with it in general, maybe highlighting one thing that kind of stuck out.

>>51911256
>implying any spellcaster above 5 int will bother casting necrotic on an undead in the first place
Maybe if that spellcaster is a friendly and know you can eat the spell?
>necromancer is to undead what cleric is to the living
Also, not all necrotic damage comes from spellcasters.

>Tie your head to your belt
And awkwardly turn every time you need to look anywhere except right in front of you? Sacrificing the ability to look up and down for what, being able to sense whether someone is behind you?

As a GM, I would give disadvantage on pretty much everything when you have your head tied to your belt, because that's a bad idea.
>>
>>51911218
>Many of them were demeaning on purpose, mostly just trying to anger me.
Just because it was mean doesn't mean it was unfair. Being wishy-washy in the face of clear error doesn't do you or anyone else any good. Being careful and in depth in one's critisms is harder when you can just point to the lines being crossed in the very premise.

The excuse is, this is the place you should expect that sort of thing.
>>
>>51911340
My policy is actually
>If it's a race
Ignore it
>If it's an archetype
Probably ignore it
>If it's an entire class
Mock the shit out of it, it's sure to be a goldmine of chucklefuckery and obvious mistakes.
>>
>>51911340
Also,
>Not comboing Necrotic healing by either targeting spells on self or with AoE attacks that deal necrotic
It can have an surprising amount of utility.

>>51911371
4chan gonna 4chan, but that is still just an excuse. The fact that it is often done does not excuse being a dick. It merely offers an explanation to why.

>>51911402
Well, I do admit, after making one class myself, and by observing many of the classes I've seen here, they usually break down on the most fundamental of levels.

Like, my biggest gripe is the fact that so many homebrew races are just SO LONG. Maximum of 8 pages, motherfuckers. Stick to the PHB lengths. Especially my gripe with the more prominently featured ones, the Magus and Soulknife.

>inb4 WotC releases Mystic UA that is 25 pages long.
>>
>>51911454
>homebrew races
classes* obviously
>>
>>51911340
>As a GM, I would give disadvantage on pretty much everything when you have your head tied to your belt, because that's a bad idea.
Why? You have blindsense. You don't need to look around with your head.
>>
>>51911454
>inb4 WotC releases Mystic UA that is 25 pages long.
To be fair, it's essentially making a class with an entirely original spell list, so you should expect it to be a little long. Not 25 pages, but more than most others.
>>
File: blindsight.jpg (15KB, 317x47px) Image search: [Google]
blindsight.jpg
15KB, 317x47px
>>51911490
It's 30ft of blindsense. 30ft is a pretty short distance.

Although, to make it more debilitating, I should probably drop the blindsense to like 10ft, so you can continue melee fighting if you drop your head, but otherwise it's pretty debilitating.

I think I mixed up the distances in my head, damn murican units of length, hard to remember them.

>>51911511
To be fair, yeah. Oh yeah, spell lists it the one thing that ticks me off the most about the Magus. Each subclass has... Their own spell list. Wha-? Not even full casters have that luxury, why would some grubby 1/3 casters have that?
>>
So I'm fairly new to D&D but I got a question:

I did the most basic thing imagineable and made a Bard with as much focus on talking around problems as possible. Our DM therefore puts a -10 on all my Persuasion/Deception throws since he doesn't want it to be too easy.

Is this a normal thinh for DMs to do?
>>
>>51911600
>Our DM therefore puts a -10 on all my Persuasion/Deception throws since he doesn't want it to be too easy.
Then what's the point of him even allowing proficiencies and shit?
>Is this a normal thinh for DMs to do?
Not in the slightest.
>>
File: tumblr_oe2p4kRYUi1te0qnyo8_500.jpg (14KB, 480x424px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe2p4kRYUi1te0qnyo8_500.jpg
14KB, 480x424px
>>51911600
I hope you're joking. Why does your GM give -10s anyway, those should not be a thing in 5e.
>>
>>51911600
He should be killed
>>
>>51911552
>Not even full casters have that luxury, why would some grubby 1/3 casters have that?
That's the consequences of being nonstandard. Honestly I think it's worth it, 1/3 casters are kinda shit given the way regular spells are.

The only real alternative is gish friendly original spells, but that's not exactly easier or better.
>>
>>51911600
Find a new group, then punch your old DM in the back of the head.
And then tell him why so that it's not senseless violence.
>>
>>51911619
>>51911632

His reasoning is that focusing my stats into those things just means that it's a shit character.

I mainly did it to counteract my fairly unlucky rolls but by now he rarely ever lets anything but a nat. 20 count as a success
>>
>>51911454
>WotC releases Mystic
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

>>51911600
>>51911679
If you're not baiting, bail out asap.
There's no arguing or anything, he's simply not worth the trouble
>>
What's the bare minimum of information / wolrdbuilding you feel comfortable doing before jumping into a new, homebrew campaign?
>>
>>51911679
He doesn't understand the system, doesn't understand math, and is an immoral, unfair person. Either confront him dramatically or leave, because this isn't Justice.
>>
File: 770.gif (56KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
770.gif
56KB, 500x321px
>>51911679
>Focusing on anything non-combat / avoiding combat is shit
>With the skillmonkey charisma-god class

I have no words.
>>
File: 1484618436411.png (661KB, 800x806px) Image search: [Google]
1484618436411.png
661KB, 800x806px
>>51911600
>>51911679
>Rolling for stats, ever
>Bullying someone with shit stats
>Discouraging anything that isn't 'I walk up and hit with my sword'
>>
Hey /tg/, I'm setting up a character for an upcoming game and Treachery paladin was allowed by the DM.

I was thinking something retarded like dualwielding a battleaxe+whip or a longsword+whip.
Is this entirely retarded?
What feat should I even go for with a build like that?
Would multiclassing into something that has the dualwield fighting style be worth?

I usually play casters, not sure if I am overthinking this. ;_;
>>
>>51911704
Depends entirely on the system, but because we are in 5eg, I would say some basics of the area the players start the game in, and then just have a small amount of story nodes that can be applied to any place they go to. Story nodes should be in various different contexts, such as
>if they go to a church
>if they go to a graveyard
>if they go to the market

Some basic names for places, maybe a small map.

That's all I would need, really. And pre-build some possible encounters for any given situation. I would probably not care about CR with the encounters too much, except by the things that they are bound to have (like when they go to a dungeon), because having the combat always be the same difficulty just feels wrong. They should feel outnumbered sometimes, and just cleave through some shit-eating goblins.

>>51911786
Whip is excellent for smiting, so it's not absolutely bonkers. Of course, you're gonna need dual wielder to get that build, but other than that... Sentinel, maybe? The PHB version has been errata's in a way that you can use reach with it.
>>
>>51911786
Two-weapon-fighting on a paladin is an alright substitute if you want to be a dex-based paladin and don't want to be a variant human and take PAM. Of course it's not as good as PAM, but it has a reason and a purpose and can work.

If you take a feat, you defeat all point of being a dual-wielding paladin and should just go polearms instead.

It's probably best for charisma-based paladins, especially beyond level 10 where they have improved divine smite, upping charisma at every ASI and having a +2 charisma race.
>>
>>51905251
You mean like a sleep spell or hypnotic pattern? Because normally it can't wake you up if you get knocked out, since it can't heal you.
>>
>>51911679
>its a shit character
>better give it penalties so massive that it directly contradicts the entire design philosophy of the game
Tell him he's an awful DM and would be better suited to playing tabletop wargames rather than rpgs so as to never inflict his awful understanding of role playing or collaborative gaming on anyone ever again. The only reason he could possibly have for doing any of that is either a complete unwillingness to engage in anything that may not be according to his strict plan for sessions or from some kind of misconception that d&d is a wargame. You don't deserve this shit either way.
>>
>>51911843
Hm, Sentinel might be a decent idea since I have the increased range.
Also forgot I had to have the dual wielder feat since whips are a martial wep. Will have to just use something normal until lvl 4 then.

>>51911909
I've always disliked PAM due to how mechanically strong it is.
And I guess I'll have to aim for a shortsword + whip then since I'll need finessable weps.
>>
>>51911977

Sentinel doesn't really benefit you all that much if you only got whip. It will be actually harder for you to lock someone in place, since your range will be slightly bigger and they'll be able to move around a bit more without provoking AOOs. It's amazing with Polearm Master, though.

I really want finesse polearms without the need for kensai dip.
>>
What happens to the soul in Dark Sun with no gods avalable?
>>
>>51911977
Well yeah, Dex-build is the most sensible way to play a whipadin, especially if you're dual-wielding. I suggest you take the Defender fighting style for that +1 AC, and with a Dex-Paladin you can actually get a decent shit done with Studded armor, you can probably negotiate to change your starting armor to that.

A one or two-level dip to Fighter would be pretty good. Action surge is pretty much must if you do dip.

>>51912026
You're forgetting that if the opponent attacks anyone else within that 10ft range, the character gets an OA. It's pretty strong in that sense.
>>
>>51911977
Whip still isn't light, but you can perhaps hope your DM allows it to be light. It wouldn't be gamebreaking at all, especially when you're on a less optimal path.

I should really think of a fix for damage-increasing feats. Mandatory feats really just shouldn't be a thing.
>>
>>51912039
>within that 10ft range
Wrong, it's 5ft only.
>>
>>51912039
Was thinking of a fighter dip for action surge, since I just got out of a campaign where we had two fighters with PAM and a warlock with PAM.
Action surge does a lot of work.

Though that'll probably be a dip for after I hit lvl 5 to make sure I'll have two attacks.
Though delaying the lvl 7 aura for treachery feels a bit iffy, since it's pretty insane.
>>
>>51912048
Aye, whip isn't light hence I'll need the dual wield feat to make my build work. But I'll talk to my DM about it.
I was merely saying that if I'm going dex then I'd have to go shortsword or something aswell since I'll need both of my weps to be finessable.

And yes, I also dislike mandatory feats, which is why I opted to do something other than PAM.
>>
>>51912060
There was mention of errata up thread, so I presume that isn't the case anymore.

A more direct quote would be nice, though.
>>
>>51912074
I think what I'd do is something with removing all polearms from the game, but adding something so that polearms can still make their attacks against approaching creatures. Something like all spears, pikes, halbreds etc getting a reaction attack.

But I'd have to think on the consequences of that. The slight buff to monk is fine, but in other cases..

>>51912210
Oh, that could be possible. I only really know 1/3 of the errata.
>>
>>51910662
My feels exactly
>>
-10 Persuasion Bard here

Just talked to him about how that penalty is bullshit and that is the main thing my character is laid out to do.

He went on a rant about how Charisma is absolutely useless and how persuasion has no room in the game other than bartering with merchants.

Am I in living one of those "horrible DMs" threads?
>>
Is there any source about all the various categories of magic? Abjuration/Evocation/Illusion, etc?
>>
>>51912639
What on earth kind of halitosis does your Bard have to justify -10? And yeah, claiming that Charisma is useless except for bartering sounds worrisome to me.
>>
File: WFUL-CVR-.jpg (193KB, 800x1230px) Image search: [Google]
WFUL-CVR-.jpg
193KB, 800x1230px
r8 Warlock backstory, using the Haunted One/Investigator background for it.

>Personality and apperance based loosely of Sir Edward Grey
>Is some kind of independent paranormal investigator/detective on a city's payroll
>After a while of investigating uncovers a cult of space squid bullshit
>Assists in carrying out the raid on the Cult lair
>After the fighting is over and they're looking around finds the cult leader's "bible"
>Before destroying it their curiosity as an investigator gets the best of them and they take a look in it
>PoorLifeDescision.gif
>Has their eyes burnt out by the book, blinding them and knocking them out
>Eventually wakes up in the city guard's infirmary, they're told even magic can't heal their eyes

>Fast forward a month
>They're becoming desperate, as they can't work without their sight and their savings are nearly empty
>As they're sleeping they dream they're looking into a great abyss, and from it comes a voice.
>Though they do not understand the language, they know what the message is.
>"I can give you your sight back tenfold. All you must do is destroy the book which teaches mortals to use my power without my consent. Do that and keep the power, no strings attached."
>At this point they'd probably accept a pact with a Fiend, says yes
>They awaken in their room, able to see clearly despite it being the middle of the night and no candles are lit

>Joins the party shortly after, clues indicate the book has ended up in the party antagonist's hands

Also would a 3 level Rogue dip for Inquisitive be a good idea for flavor or nah?
>>
>>51912659
The DM gives me a -10 on any Persuasion-esque rolls because it would "bullshit to try and talk your way out of situations"
>>
>>51912639
Yes. Kill or enslave him and get a new DM.
>>
>>51912597
Well-rounded and well-thought out characters are my fetish
>>
>>51912687
Wait, so there's literally no in-system reason for it? What the fuck? What about the other people in your party? Do they have the same penalty to their Persuasion rolls?
>>
>>51912639
Buy a ski mask and a bat, stalk his commute, and beat him the fuck down
>>
>>51912676
That sounds fucking awesome, my dude, although unless it's a short campaign I'd be a bit worried about what the guy's motivation to continue adventuring once the book is bust. Of course, his Patron might just turn out to be a dick and impose some other kind of Faustian bullshit post-facto, but that's mostly up to you
>>
>>51910476
> free criticals when attacking from hiding
Hahahahahahaha

That's not how assassinate work anon.
>>
>>51912687
You've got a shit DM. Clearly all he wants is combat.

>>51912676
I would kill to have a player hand me a background this detailed. I would bend the plot over backwards to satisfy his personal story. Good job.
>>
>>51912735
Well I figure that'd be up to the DM, but I assume whatever inevitably world-ending plot the game revolves around would be enough to keep a LN/leaning to LG guy to stick to it.

DM could also just say the BBEG has the book in his library.
>>
>>51912639
He's an autistic with -3 CHA. Leave him alone.
>>
>>51912639
Get out and don't look back
If you still want to play with him, sudoku your Bard and roll a 8-cha lore wizard
>>
>>51912687
Congrats, you're playing with a Combat-DM.

This kind of DM is the kind of person who would be suited for Wargames or Warhammer battles, but instead decided he was going to make his own world, and put other people in it without accounting for the fact that people aren't all combat only lovers.

They won't change. Ever. You're fucked. Reroll or jump ship.
>>
>>51912722
>Anon, masked, confronts dickass GM in a dark alley
>"Wh-who are you? What do you want?"
>"I'm sorry, are you trying to bullshit your way out of this situation or something?"
>>
>>51912710
His main reason is that I try to do the talking too much when trying to not let a situation end in a fight.
In-game reason: Everbody I meet is annoyed by me right away.
All the while the rest of the party consists of murder-hobos
>>
>>51912783
So you don't fit in the group. Roll another murderhobo or try to find a decent group elsewhere
>>
>>51912676
I never really liked inquisitive, so I wouldn't even suggest it for a dip. I'd have said that a thief makes a good investigator, or an arcane trickster. Just because a thief is called a thief, doesn't make you a thief necessarily. Maybe the mechanics aren't as great fluff-wise as inquisitive, but honestly the inquisitive features feel bland.

If you want a warlock-rogue multiclass, I'd suggest 5 levels of bladelock for extra attack and the rest of the levels in rogue for sneak attack and rogue features.
>>
>>51912762
>Not saying "You have -10 to persuasion, and thus I'm not telling you anything. You're getting slugged, kiddo."
>>
>>51912783
>Everbody I meet is annoyed by me right away.

Why? Does he not understand how charisma works?

Charisma measures force of will, but also, somewhat, social adeptness. A high charisma character can leave good impressions on people just by being around. They'll see him as a lovable rogue, or a boisterous personality with a mesmerizing voice, or some other appropriate positive description.

Is there some lore reason for them to be annoyed with you? Like are you wearing the equivalent of a nazi armband while talking to the fantasy jews?
>>
>>51912676
No dip, just appropriate skills and role play my dude
>>
File: Capture.png (64KB, 812x442px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
64KB, 812x442px
>>51912807
Yeah I just feel like it'd fit an investigator perfectly and I'd get all I want from it just with a 3 level dip, though I don't really think putting off Warlock progression by 3 levels is a good idea.

Related- is Bladelock actually worthwhile with UA Invocations if you aren't going Hexblade?
>>
>>51912832
Nope, that's just the reason he thought of to give me a -10. Nothing else.

But yeah, I'm basically just thinking about jumping ship or letting the bard die because that was the main thing with his whole personality.
>>
>>51912832
probably because he doesn't have any social experience in RL?
>>
>>51912856
Jump ship. Damn the torpedoes. They're not going to get better any time soon.
>>
>>51912856
You don't even need to have the Bard die, just say he parts ways with the party in the next town or city due to differing philosophies.
>>
Hey fuckers we're on Page 10, someone start up the engines.
>>
>>51912855
>inquisitive
Inquisitive rogue can be really really fun if your DM is cool with improving "hidden details". Ask your DM how he'd handle that, both in combat and out.

>bladelock
Bladelock without hexblade still contributes to some of the most broken warlock builds now. You have some of the highest single target damage burst in the game, thanks to being able to smite twice as efficiently as the paladin. I'm not sure I would recommend it for what you're playing though, as while powerful, other pacts might be more flavorsome, and you're giving up a ton of invocations to do it.

Raven Queen would be incredibly flavorful (but doesn't have a smite option invocation IIRC, so isn't worth playing bladelock), and offer you another form of sight. As would Pact of the Chain.
>>
>>51905352
This is why everyone in the party needs to have ranged weaponry. If you can attack ever turn and it can only attack every third turn, it will have to land or run.
>>51905469
First it was cha in 3.5 because innate spellcasting and spell-like abilities were cha by default. So that's why it's cha now. In fluff it's because the patron you're learning magic from uses magic this way, so the magic you learn is used that way too. Even though you're learning it. Like Wizards.

Patron is a level 1 feature though, so there can be a patron that changes your spellcasting attribute.
>>51910006
There is also a little of this for some patron arrangements.
>>51907775
That's terrible.
>>51908777
The DMG has rules, such as it is, for foraging.
>>51910110
I didn't mind 4e's hellfire channeling warlock types using con. While the sneaky bastard types used cha. But warlocks already have level 1 patrons, you shouldn't base this on pact boons.

>>51910521
Rogues do good damage by sniping, but lack the archery fighting style. They're pretty even as far as ranged characters go.>>51910651
>CHA contest to redirect a surge to an enemy
Passive ability to choose the origin location of a surge result, instead of random or self targeting.
>>51910791
You can have a +1 bow just the same as a +1 sword.
>>51911081
Only if it says you know or learn the spell, and you usually don't.
>>
File: 5e concept art.jpg (213KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
5e concept art.jpg
213KB, 1536x864px
So I've never played Druid before, doing a Firbolg Moon Druid now and feeling a bit lost. My party is rogue (swashbuckler twf), ranger (ranged hunter but with defense fighting style for some reason) and two monks (OH and shadow, both only at 18 dex because stormwind fallacy), all of us level 8. I figured moon druid for tanking would be good, I've got 1 feat left over (rolled a 16 so I have 20 wis using the first ASI) and I think Tome of Beasts is fine but not sure about other third party books. Any recommendations for feats/spells/animals? The ranger has Pass Without Trace but idk which other spells. We'll be fighting aberrations and vampires in a megadungeon first, then some other stuff I think and then a lot of undead.
>>
>>51912855
Ear for deceit is a worse reliable talent rolled back to a lower level. It's not really suitable as an archetype feature, I think. Not to mention, passive insight is a thing that might get used by DMs and you'd have to specifically ask to roll insight to get to use it, in which case.. You can't roll lower than your passive insight-2? Which is absolutely useless if your DM goes by passive insight.
Eye for detail is ... Extremely situational. Usually your passive perception will be used (Which should be really large already) and you'd only need to roll perception if you know you've fucked up on passive perception and thus nobody else on the team has even noticed the thing you're trying to spot (in which case, how would you even know it's there to use the bonus action?)

That said, it could have niche uses for 'spotting clues on how to defeat an enemy'

Insightful fighting is just 'let's roll MORE dice' to grant you sneak attacks, when you could just be a swashbuckler and get sneak attacks anyway.

It could do with a rework for sure. Things like insightful fighting being "You can ask your DM one specific thing about a creature, such as 'tell me a vulnerability' or 'tell me its speed' or 'tell me if it's hiding any weapons'. The DM rolls the creature's deception against your passive insight. If it fails, the DM reveals the information if it's reasonable. On a success, the DM either gives no information or lies. You have to determine if the information is right."
>>
>>51912984
>>
>>51911170
>True Polymorph to an Ancient Brass Dragon

You are now an ancient brass dragon.

>Shapechange into anything

HOW? No.

>Am I reading this correctly?

No, somehow you missed the party that True Polymorph turns you into something different, the entire point of the spell.

>>51911225

>Change Shape as Brass Dragon into a Ki-Rin

HOW? A Ki Rin is not a humanoid or a beast, dude.
>>
>>51910898
>Why do you hate the bard, the most downtrodden class in the game?

Is this satire?
>>
>>51912965
The real feature at that level is insightful fighting, which works for ranged and even disadvantaged attacks, compared to swashbuckler. The inquisitive is a little weak, but it's not mastermind. There's still time to improve it.
>>
>>51913037
It's Satire Bard
>>
File: 1481160258569.gif (1020KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
1481160258569.gif
1020KB, 400x229px
>>51910898
Satire Bard, GTFO
>>
>>51908117
>>51907305
Bump
>>
>>51904481
>Not being a Hexblade Sorlock

THE POWER ANON, THE POWER
>>
>>51908117
Bump your strength, marial adept is bad. Only polearm master and maybe great weapon master, sharpshooter and shield master are better than bumping your main stat.
>>
>>51912762
>>
New thread

>>51913748
>>51913748
Thread posts: 427
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.