[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you ever played a good or evil character that was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

Have any of you ever played a good or evil character that was built around horror? As in, everything about you is to freak out the enemy.
>>
File: IMG_7026.jpg (96KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7026.jpg
96KB, 700x350px
Like this guy?
>>
>>51903435
The closest thing I've seen to that was a character who was convinced that he was absolutely terrifying, while in fact he was anything but. He was a skeleton.
>>
File: tumblr_nfvrxeWzWM1r27ctmo1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1762px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfvrxeWzWM1r27ctmo1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1762px
Oddly, there's an NPC in a magical girl game I'm in who does this. Her magic style has been described as 'Silent Hill-fu', using illusions and shadow magic to freak the fuck out of her opponents to the point they can no longer fight.

She's actually a good person and a friend to our PCs, but my character still has a lingering dread of them since facing them in a tournament and nearly blacking out from sheer terror.
>>
File: the-thing-1982.jpg (30KB, 550x230px) Image search: [Google]
the-thing-1982.jpg
30KB, 550x230px
Once played as a mummy knight who evolved by draining ectoplasm out of corpses. By the end of the game he was a bishonen abomination with The Thing powers and a flaming warhammer.

I loved shapeshifting into a random NPC, infiltrating enemy groups, then just Thing-ing out.

It literally never stops being fun watching NPCs go "Frank what the hell?!" as Frank the Red Shirt starts growing teeth out of his fucking chest.
>>
File: LordOfTears_OwlMan4.jpg (72KB, 637x400px) Image search: [Google]
LordOfTears_OwlMan4.jpg
72KB, 637x400px
>>51903435
I played the Inscrutable Owl Man in a supers game once. Tall, long armed, completely silent bastard until he was right on top of you. Then he would start this screech that would build and build as he got closer to bad guys. Didn't have wings, so he just spider climed around on walls using his claws.

Total pacifist, never hurt anyone if he could help it, but the aura of terror he projected could scatter henchmen and make supervillains hesitate at critical moments so his teammates could take pot shots.
>>
>>51904212
Speaking of The Thing, I've got a character planned for a Superheroes game and that's basically her powerset. The overall intent may not be to freak out the enemy, but when one basically runs on body horror superpowers, it's probably going to happen anyway.
>>
>>51903545
>skeleton
Sounds spooky. Did you homebrew the race? I'd love to play a skeleton.
>>
>>51904212
>>51904641

I'm going to need stories from these games.
>>
>>51905123
Imagine the fantasy equivalent of a dreadnought from Warhammer 40,000, dressed in linens and covered head to toe in platemail. Now imagine it becomes more human and more powerful the more energy it drains from the bodies of those it kills. Now imagine his personality is effectively Wrex from Mass Effect meets every other "Jackass with a heart of gold" in fiction.

By the end of the campaign he was completely human looking, had lost his armor [his new armor grew like bone out of his skin] and he had horrible body-horror and shapeshifting powers.

One time I turned into a lizardman to sneak into the castle of the lizardmen during a snow-storm. The results were predictable.

I turned his body into a horror-show, got killed and hung outside the castle as a warning only to regenerate later.
>>
File: p175329_p_v8_aa.jpg (411KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p175329_p_v8_aa.jpg
411KB, 960x1440px
>>51903435

Oh, so I should probably tell you about mine:

Basically, my party's in a 1930's Xfiles campaign (https://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/51812430).

After dying, I rolled a crashed alien explorer who's actually a fungoid-based race that's made of a bunch of individual spores. With my giant tendrils I can sprout from anywhere and -1 CHA, I basically plan on being a bloodthirsty version of this:

I even named myself Mohammed Wang for "the most common name".
>>
Played a halfling that got some plant grafts and pretending to be a puppet. Never moved, and when he did it was super unsettling marionette jangle spidery movement. Used a gap in his teeth to whistle people in to insanity.

Thanx dirge singer.
>>
>>51904641
I can't help imagining him sneaking up on enemies before screeching HOOT HOOT MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>51903475
I did indeed play a Malkavian who casually decided he was the night.
Obfuscate + Dementation is OP when you're not a fishmalk.
>>
>>51903435
My buddy played Slender man basically. He was a changling with dual kiths. The spider one and a leech finger. He was a actually really good at it. He the latest one in a line of them as the slender man was the changling who stole kids for the fae.
>>
File: 1487809493326.gif (40KB, 351x251px) Image search: [Google]
1487809493326.gif
40KB, 351x251px
>>51903545
>>
File: sardo approves.gif (208KB, 250x219px) Image search: [Google]
sardo approves.gif
208KB, 250x219px
>>51906417
>Mohammed Wang
>>
>>51908874

Oh, and he can squirt magic mushroom juice from his wrist, while controlling whether it's a good or bad trip.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.