[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the deal with necromancy in 40k now? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 72e9c4e7e28b7b1c27ee4b98bc951fd6.jpg (632KB, 1600x2240px) Image search: [Google]
72e9c4e7e28b7b1c27ee4b98bc951fd6.jpg
632KB, 1600x2240px
So what's the deal with necromancy in 40k now? It's something different from normal warp powers? Can someone explain it to me?

Where does the power come from? Is it standard fantasy necromancy? Can humans have necromancers now? If the power doesn't come from the warp does that mean human necromancers don't have to worry about turning into demons and shit?
>>
File: Fracture-of-Biel-Tan-Trio[1].jpg (54KB, 1024x579px) Image search: [Google]
Fracture-of-Biel-Tan-Trio[1].jpg
54KB, 1024x579px
>>51898883
To clarify, I ask because this faggot is apparently a god of death and necromancy and I believe someone said acts as the opposite of chaos gods. All that doesn't make sense to me with current lore because all magic has to come from the warp
>>
>>51899061

No. This faggot is the god of the dead, who gathers and protects their souls from funky rape time.

As for necromancy...Nah.
>>
>>51899061

He's the opposite of Slaanesh.

The thing about the Eldar is, when they die, Slaanesh gets their soul. Hence the Craftworlds, soulstones and infinity circuits.

The Flying Faggot gives them an alternative. Instead of being consumed by Slaanesh, they can merge with Ynnead and become part of him. This stops them from being anal raped for all eternity by She-Who-Thirsts.

As you might guess, this is really appealing to the Eldar, even the Dark Eldar. The Dark Eldar are, remember, Slaanesh appeasers.
>>
>>51899061
What gave you the idea that he's not of the warp as well?
>>
>>51899061
HE IS FROM THE INFINITY CIRCUIT

THE INFINITY CIRCUIT IS IN THE WARP

>>51898883
>>51899061
Necromancy has always been around in 40k

Nurgle is the main guy who's been doing it so far but necromancy encompasses everything from "channeling dead souls" to "raising the dead" just like in real life cultures.

Eldar necromancy consists in channeling dead souls into stones and whatnot.

It's nothing new.
>>
>>51899324
He's not the opposite of Slaanesh he's the nemesis of Slaanesh.

He's the eldar god of vengeance against slaanesh, and since most eldars are dead he's incidentally the god of death.

His appearance and powers aren't the result of "eldar deathness" coalescing into a sentient entity, they're the result of the eldars' hatred of slaanesh coalescing into a sentient entity.

His mastery over the dead is simply the result of his origin: he's from the infinity circuit so he can fully control it, to the extent where he can resurrect the dead and claim dead souls from the rest of the warp.
>>
>>51899324
>>51899348
>>51899392

>What gave you the idea that he's not of the warp as well?

the fact that i cant really remember any necromancers so i assumed its a new asspull gw was doing and had a new explanation

>>51899392
so where are all the human necromancers?

>>51899466

so necromancy is specific to eldar or what? he was able to use it to revive rowboat though
>>
>>51899483
>I can't really remember any necromancers
You don't remember nurglite sorcerers creating plague zombies and you don't remember eldar spiritseers creating wraith constructs and speaking with the dead?

>so where are all the human necromancers?
They're mostly nurglites, but not always.
For instance there's a non-chaotic necromancer cult in The Redeemer.

>so necromancy is specific to eldar or what? he was able to use it to revive rowboat though
you answered your own question and I was never specific about which souls he could reclaim from the warp.
Anyway eating random souls and spitting them back out is not unheard of for a god. Khorne does it. Khorne can resurrect his champions at will.
>>
>>51899590
so librarians can learn to just revive fallen brothers good as new or what? you keep implying that anything eldar can do, anyone can do. i keep pointing out that doesnt seem to be reflected in the lore though. anyway i just thought of the plague zombies as demons, i mean it doesnt actually bring dead people back to life as zombies or anything, it just turns living people into monsters
>>
>>51899870
>you keep implying that anything eldar can do, anyone can do
No I don't.
I keep pointing out that Necromancy is nothing new to 40k

>i keep pointing out that doesnt seem to be reflected in the lore though.
No you don't.
You keep pointing out that you haven't heard of it yet.

And I keep pointing out that it's just because you haven't read enough lore.

>anyway i just thought of the plague zombies as demons
You know that a demon isn't a random mutant, right?
>i mean it doesnt actually bring dead people back to life as zombies or anything, it just turns living people into monsters
it turns people into undead. They don't necessarily go through the "doesn't move anymore" phase but they're literally zombies. They're rotting corpses that walk.

And I do remember a novel where nurglites raised the dead. Anyway the details don't matter because necromantic powers are accessible to chaos worshippers in the Realms of Chaos books.
>so librarians can learn to just revive fallen brothers good as new or what?
no, but that's only because they don't have the tutelage of a god to allow them to piece back together the fragile souls of dead humans.

The thing about eldar souls is that they're much stronger, so they retain coherence and sentience after death instead of dissolving in the warp. That's why the majority of human necromancers are chaos worshippers: the chaos gods can just let them use the souls of the dead. The Emperor is barely strong enough to preserve the souls of his Living Saints.

But there's a case of necromancy being performed by a Space Marine: Sergeant Centurius of the legion of the damned.
But considering that the legion of the damned are either living saints or unknowingly sponsored by Nurgle (depending on your interpretation) it doesn't mean much.

Anyway here's the truth behind your posts: you're mad because there isn't a 40k Nagash. You read some asshole in /40kg/ claim that Ynnead was 40k Nagash and you got jealous that he's eldar and not human
>>
>>51900003
>Anyway here's the truth behind your posts: you're mad because there isn't a 40k Nagash. You read some asshole in /40kg/ claim that Ynnead was 40k Nagash and you got jealous that he's eldar and not human

youre a very weird poster anon ill give you that. someone piss in your cereal this morning or something?

i dont like nagash at all and my thread is literally just about what i said it was. wanting a better explanation for the new elf faggot god. i was much happier without it in the setting since now it raises all sorts of questions. why not just revive the emperor or something if this thing can just prance around binging anything back to life. normally only chaos worshippers who are already demons get brought back by chaos gods but rowboat wasnt
>>
>>51900171
>why not just revive the emperor or something
cause the emperor hates eldars and is sitting on top of a webway portal; but who knows, it might happen

and Ynnead isn't all-powerful; if he was he would already have killed Slaanesh (which is his sole reason for existing)

And yeah the fluff was better without him around but your attempts to dismiss him are clumsy, irrelevant and uninformed.

Also Roboute wasn't dead, he was dying. He's still on life support by the way. Yvraine just awakened him.

Ynnead himself and his powers are really the LEAST asspull-ish thing in the recent background and his arrival has been hinted at since the 3rd edition. So you're mad about the wrong things and you should probably apologize for your attitude.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.