[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>WoW: The TCG >2005-2013 >RIP Now that the dust has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 819931.jpg (41KB, 323x450px) Image search: [Google]
819931.jpg
41KB, 323x450px
>WoW: The TCG
>2005-2013
>RIP

Now that the dust has literally settled. Was it a good TCG?
>>
Better than Magic.

>no land screw
>card draw is universal, tied to quests
>>
>>51894131

The quest system was extremely nice, and so was the hero system.

They kinda messed up with monster and traitor heroes, and with allies power creep
>>
>>51894131
I liked it. I think my favorite was the raid decks.
>>
>>51894131

>Starting a threat with "Now that the dust has settled"
>Dust has actually metaphorically settled

I didn't think I'd honestly ever see this phrase posted in a thread that wasn't a thinly-veiled bait thread.
>>
>>51894131
It was a really good blend of mechanics from a bunch of other TCGS (specifically Magic and Warlord).
>>
>>51894131
Anybody have a good source of scans for printing proxies of the dead game?
>>
>>51894603
land screw is not a bug, it's a feature
>>
>>51896775
why not just the gf game? it's still kinda cheap mate
>>
>>51898445
Is it? I didn't even look. I just assumed discontinued meant crazy expensive
>>
>>51894131
I've got fond memories of it and the raid decks were really cool! Hearthstone just doesn't rub the itch of equipping your hero to do personal ass kicking. Still got some decks in storage.

>>51895597
Were traitor a bad thing? I thought they were a cool concept but I never used them in practice.
>>
File: lady_katrana_prestor.jpg (35KB, 220x308px) Image search: [Google]
lady_katrana_prestor.jpg
35KB, 220x308px
>>51898762
Also:
15 -> Remove all of your cards in all zones from the game and start an Onyxia Raid.

ABSOLUTE MADMEN
>>
>>51898805

I once managed to do it.
>>
>>51897960
Sure, but doesn't mean I have to like it.
>>
>>51897960
A stupid one. At my casual table we allow people to insert lands every 2 or 3 cards before lightly shuffling and cutting again to prevent that sort of scenario. You can still get lightly screwed but nothing overly ridiculous.
>>
>>51898805
Is this like Shahrazad of M:tG running you into a sub-game ?
>>
>>51898900
More like you switch to a new format for the rest of the game
>>
File: lets_keep_going.jpg (70KB, 750x499px) Image search: [Google]
lets_keep_going.jpg
70KB, 750x499px
>>51899099
>>
>>51895649
Same here. Wizards needs to hire whoever designed these. Planechase and Archenemy are good, but nothing compares to raids.
>>
File: black_temple.jpg (49KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
black_temple.jpg
49KB, 500x440px
>>51899132
Raids were pretty fuckin cool. They were designed so a bunch of decks would play against it as a team, so they were super powerful. I picked up Black Temple because that was my jam back in the day. You'd fight each boss before going onto Illidan.
Plus, they came with several cards you could use in regular decks! I never did get my hands on a Traitor Hero, but I always wanted to make a traitor deck!
>>
>>51897960
>>51898870
Honestly once you realize the right baseline number (usually 20) you are fine.

The land system adds variance (which doesn't have to be a bad thing), but it also punishes decks from playing too much colors (yeah there's fetches, but many people think that they're the mistake).
>>
>>51901102
Those people are retarded.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.