[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 36

File: 1487682389423.gif (497KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
1487682389423.gif
497KB, 500x319px
Qt Thyrsus startling triumph over death edition
Previous Thread - >>51879318

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/bucking-broncos-monday-meeting-notes/

What supernaturals do you imagine your character fighting most of the time?
>>
FIRST FOR GEIST SUPREMACY
>>
File: the_abyss_by_alexiuss-d5im6xf.jpg (598KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the_abyss_by_alexiuss-d5im6xf.jpg
598KB, 1920x1200px
Gulmoths.
And the GMs been dropping some serious hints about a major Abyssal Breach next session.

I'm scared.
>>
THIRD FOR MAGE SUPREMACY
>>
>>51891243
>What supernaturals do you imagine your character fighting most of the time?
Magic Lawn Chairs
>>
>>51891243

Banes. Its always banes. That ST did nothing but throw banes at us.

The one non-bane enemy we fought was a Silver Fang who wasn't tainted so much as a huge paranoid jackass.
>>
>>51891243
Necroamalgalms.
>>
File: Uh.jpg (4KB, 167x250px) Image search: [Google]
Uh.jpg
4KB, 167x250px
>>51891342
Bane?
>>
>>51891453

I admit, some of them were big guys
>>
>>51891243

Syndicate's tax collectors and/or HIT marks sent to collect taxes.

Motherfuckers i didnt spend 3 years in hermetic school for the "i pay bills" spell just you suits come and get my money! You get fireballs you heard me?! FIREBALLS!!! And i put your cinders in a flask and your ties in an ornament as warning to the next suits.
>>
Running a hunter the vigil game, plan for my party to face off with a gutter mage and need to know what special powers across htv, cofd, and mage the awakening alliw for force shields for bullet deflection
>>
>>51889935
I wonder what Paradigm would constitute bubble gum as a Wonder.

Probably an edgy Orphan.
>>
Can somebody explain me whats so bad about M20's rules for paradigm?

I read people mentioning a virtual adept casting with yoga but wasnt always the case that per raw a mage could have wathever paradigm they want and that the only thing stopping stupid shit like virtual adept with yoga was the setting question of why would such individual accepted in that tradition?
>>
>>51891651
The Ahl-i-Batin believe all things are connected, so as the bubble gum pops, so too does existence.
>>
File: 1479835802621.png (827KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
1479835802621.png
827KB, 600x780px
>>51891257
>Gulmoths
What do you know about your outsider?
>>
>>51891812
Most recent one was possessing kids and dragging them off to its Scelestus Master, who was then sacrificing them for mana, reaping their juicy, juicy high Integrity traits. Who we're fairly sure is crazy fucking powerful, and would likely be able to kill the bullshit powerful Guardian Hierarch of the city.

It was at least Rank 3, and we only barely managed to save one kid and get away, before finding the macabre scene were it had killed two others. The strongest Mages we have in the Cabal are the Acanthus and my Mastigos, who are both second-degree Disciples.

The frustrating thing is that as none of us have Spirit, we can't perceive them in Twilight and we can only track their rough location with sympathy, and their presence with Mind.

Basically the entire town has become polluted once a major cultural element of the city became polluted after a naturally occuring Supernal phenomenon warped it into parodying the breaking of the Celestial Ladder.
>>
File: you done goofed.jpg (675KB, 612x780px) Image search: [Google]
you done goofed.jpg
675KB, 612x780px
>>51886981
Because the Get are a pure meritocracy and that Merit comes from the violent disposal of wyrm-fucks or glorious death in the pursuit of such and that goes for all auspices. If there's some black Navy SEAL with sixty grillion confirmed kills and he treats you like the lady you are, it's probably a good idea to just go ahead and burn that coal so as to produce strong warriors or kinfolk for the next generation.

Seriously, the Get treat their Metis like shit in that they... treat them exactly like their Homid and Lupus cubs. They punish the parents who made the Metis and then punish them again if they mistreat or attempt to hamper that cub, they're punished again. I think this really gets to the heart of their Schtick.
>>
>>51891257
I would not be, the abyss is the best
>>
>>51891898
>parodying the breaking of the Celestial Ladder.
Did any dragons get stabbed yet, thats my favorite part of the story, the ladder stabbing the dragon and making the abyss.
>>
File: UaLpJOK.jpg.png (394KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
UaLpJOK.jpg.png
394KB, 512x384px
>>51892060
I don't know man, there's all kinds of shit going on.
Like, where are the Seers? Why are all Supernatural creatures in this city tainted? Has reality been retconned into all non-Mages being Abysally Tainted?

And why, Jesus Fuck WHY, is it making Supernal Mysteries stronger?!

I have my theories, half-cooked and with nobody else to talk to...
And my Cabal mates are a creepy Moros who says little and will likely sell me out to the Guardians, and an Acanthus Libertine who cares too much about his fallen job as a Cop.
>>
>>51892117
It sounds to me like you're in the Abyss.

>WHY, is it making Supernal Mysteries stronger
It is technically 'closer' to the supernal than the fallen world.

There are many suggestions that failed timelines and retconed realities end up in the abyss.
>>
>>51892488
>It sounds to me like you're in the Abyss
Oh......
Oh no.
>>
>>51891651
After reading the post you linked I am convinced that magefags are the ultimate munchkins.

>>51891812
I am turned on by that picture.
>>
>>51892514
>WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR YOUR SUN IN THE ABYSS!?
>>
>>51891898
Time to splash some points into Spirit. Or try and requisition an Imbued item that lets you cast an unveiling spell.
>>
>>51893389
In theory their are infinite planes of reality sitting in the Abyss. You could have you're own personal impossible universe to rule.
>>
>>51892876
>magefags are the ultimate munchkins
This isn't always the case. An unjustified stereotype.
>>
Is there a decent online dice roller for CofD?
>>
>>51893989
Shark-bone is decent. The only downside is it doesn't have an option for rote actions.
>>
How do Uratha drop mountains on people, again? I'm trying to find this particular Gift or Rite.
>>
File: 6756745635636.png (8KB, 271x288px) Image search: [Google]
6756745635636.png
8KB, 271x288px
These threads are dying
>>
>>51891243
We've been fighting pentex dickheads and monkey wrenching shit. I'd like to fight some actual shit, but there's new players so I guess this is their slow intro.
Although the st was looking into nexus crawlers so I may have that to look forward to.
>>
File: 026-concept-art-wojtek-fus.jpg (110KB, 540x754px) Image search: [Google]
026-concept-art-wojtek-fus.jpg
110KB, 540x754px
>>51890044
>t's ended up being neck and neck for Mage and Hunter. Really on opposite ends of the spectrum! Didn't expect Hunter to be so popular, but it would definitely make for a cool living city. Anyway, I can't start divvying up the city til I know the factions, and hunter has more of them.
>Since the sensible preference is for just 1 gameline, hopefully, we can break the tie.
>Mage or Hunter?
>https://strawpoll.com/w2b82sw
>>
>tfw noone else loves black hats and mirror shades like you do
>tfw you have no friends to help you defend the world against Reality Deviants
>>
>>51894391
Is it truly a bad thing though?
>>
>>51894391
t. An ugly entropy cucker.
>>
Could a mage keep a changeling happily satisfied as a prisoner pet or attack dog? Do they want to be free all the time?
>>
>>51891659

I've been here pretty since 2005, can't really get used to going back to regular forums, though I still use one or two of them, after spending so much time on 4chan where you can just tell people to suck dick, eat shit and die and then be on your merry way without the fear of getting banhammered. Also, I really can't stand the grandstanding on forums, how your opinions are treated more valuable the bigger your post count is.
>>
>>51894996
I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't go back. Its hard enough interacting with friends on kikebook without slipping
>>
>>51894391
These threads have been dead ever since those faggot devs came in and brought their cancerous fans with them.
>>
>>51895021
>slipping
If you have to walk on eggshells why bother? I call and get called out for shit all the time but if you take it personally it's retarded

>>51894996
>tfw I used to post but it's gotten so shitty
Too many of the decent posters left and not many of the good ones stayed.
>>
>>51895021

I don't have a Facebook. Don't see the point.

>>51895046

People change, places change. God knows 4chan changed a lot over the years.
>>
File: 1475453877489.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475453877489.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>51894391
>he thinks it's worse than something straight out of a tumblr fanfiction
>this is what homosexuals actually believe
lmao
>>
>>51895071

Well, aren't you a special kind of bitch.
>>
>>51894527
good lord fellas I'm trying to break the tie, not relive it's majesty
>>
>>51894391
Fucking let it die, let it all die.
>>
>>51894391
We really need to give magefags their own thread to shit in.
>>
File: 1XZyCq.png (340KB, 398x582px) Image search: [Google]
1XZyCq.png
340KB, 398x582px
>>51895092
>mommy and daddy mean man pointed out my extra chromosomes
>my stinky tantrums should be regarded as fact
>I am babyman and I must pretend to be a vampire
>>
File: Entropy.png (41KB, 694x500px) Image search: [Google]
Entropy.png
41KB, 694x500px
>>51895351

ENTROPY SUPREMACY
>>
>>51895351
>proud vampfag
>>
File: 1475954202720.png (277KB, 511x586px) Image search: [Google]
1475954202720.png
277KB, 511x586px
>>51895360
>entropy mage
>>
>>51895351
I thought it was the vampires that pretended to be mages
>>
>>51891944
The Get are really the best tribe
>>
>>51895424
>vampires pretending to be wizards

They have always been jealous.
>>
>>51895440
Just look at the Tremere
>>
Reposting a question in the new thread:

Can Demons Install Gadgets using Embeds only from the list they know, or any Embed?

(Wow, that is a soup of capitalized proper nouns. Fucking WoD.)

If it's only the embeds they know, what is even the point? It costs a dot of permanent Will to make one of these trinkets, they're automatically a weaker version of the Embed or Exploit, and the only way you really benefit from making a lot of them and passing them around to cult members of your Ring is the combat multiplier stuff like Just Bruised, Merciless Gunman, and Knockout Punch
>>
File: sad demon.png (9KB, 419x355px) Image search: [Google]
sad demon.png
9KB, 419x355px
Gee.

I don't think anyone actually gives a fuck about Demon.
>>
>>51895879
I love the Fallen; the setting just clicked with me instantly. I never did a good chronicle on it, but that's because I never found another player who actually cared about it.
The Descent is just meh to me. Don't give a fuck about it.
>>
>>51894391
Fucking good, hope the hole site goes down. Its a shitshow and has always been a shitshow. Might force to actually interact with a person or two.
>>
>>51891243
Ourselves. We've somehow managed to attract every team-killing, pvp loving neckbeard in the whole area. Shits great though.
>>
>>51896095
Maybe if you werent such dicks people wouldnt be trying to murder you.
>>
>>51896109
>werent such dicks

We playin WoD. What supernatural ISNT a colossal asshat?
>>
>>51896129
Mages. Everyone loves Mages. Havent you see the threads?
>>
>>51896129

In the hierarchy of asshats, Mages reign supreme.
>>
>>51896129
Deviants until released
>>
I finished reading the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy some time ago. It's possible to see the entirety of the story as the Awakening of Arthur (he's more like a Sleepwalker with the Deadpan Merit, though). This inspired me to create a Path based on the book.

Here's what I have so far:

Taxiodes, Wanderers And Analysts On The Path of Absurdity, Scions Of The Watchtower Of The Cosmic Map In The Realm Of The Beckoning Roads, Kingdom of Surprises And Abode Of Outsiders.

Ruling Arcana: Space And Fate

Inferior Arcanum: Prime

Tarot Cards: The World And The Fool

Keywords: Humor And Exploration

Sleepers are drawn to this Path when they seek a purpose for their existence so intensely that it weighs heavily on their souls and plagues their every waking moment. This desire for a linchpin, an overarching “why” that explains a chaotic and often terrifying world can lead them toward grand journeys and spiritual quests. In their minds, no struggle is too great on the way toward the Big Answer. But at some point, for some reason, they realized there was no such thing. However, this revelation did not bring tears, but a smile. By signing their name on the Watchtower of the Cosmic Map, they acknowledge that no destination in life is more or less meaningful than the other. All that matters is what you do on the way there.

I chose Space because distances, destinations and connections are a big part of being a Hitchhiker. Where you come from, where you are, where you're going and all that. I chose Fate because it would allow these Mages to replicate the miraculous but not impossible feats that the characters in the book repeatedly pull off in the book. I chose Prime because Absurdism is defined as the conflict between our desire to find inherent meaning in the universe and our inability to find any. Since Prime governs Truth, it makes sense that these Mages would have difficulty using this Arcanum.

What do you think?
>>
Going to be storytelling a werewolf apocalypse game soon with a few friends. A few of them are familiar but most aren't (including me). Are there any good examples of good starting adventures (podcasts, pre-writtens, etc.)? Also, is there anything mechanically that I should avoid with W20?
>>
File: Marvin.jpg (10KB, 236x315px) Image search: [Google]
Marvin.jpg
10KB, 236x315px
>>51896212
>What do you think?

I'm too depressed to think.
>>
>>51896247
Wasn't Marvin depressed precisely because he thought too much?
>>
>>51896277
Yes.

His brain is the size of a planet.
>>
>>51896212
Meh, not a fan of custom paths.
You read the rest of them though? Or just the first one?
I made a Moros Time Legacy based on the Campaign for Real Time.

You should now also read/watch Dirk Gently, perfect inspiration for a ludicrously unskilled investigator who gets by on buckets of Fate.
>>
>>51896316
I read the whole series. I should have clarified that, sorry.

Even if you are not a fan of custom Paths, could you please give me any tips for replicating the feel and themes of the books? I would especially like suggestions for how to describe the Path's Realm and its Supernal Entities.

Could you tell me more about your Legacy based on the Campaign For Real Time?
>>
>>51896361
Looks fine, basically Acanthus but instead of losing all ties, you instead merely lose control, still knowing your desired location.
Sadly though, I don't think Arthur would ever have Awakened.
Every single book is him searching for home, and getting dragged into stuff he frequently doesn't understand, want to understand, and would be much happier getting away from.

In terms of relevance to the main book though? It really lacks any primary coherence in sympathic ties. Everything it would normally want mostly fits more with Acanthus. Ultimately it's embracing complete absurdity and chaos while still knowing where you want to go by your connection to it. But Arthur HAS no real connections until he finally arrives, which is kinda counter to Space.

My Legacy was basically about enforcing stability. Locking down time and matter into stable states, allowing their natural progression.
>>
>stereotypical mage spremacist bait comment
>>
>>51896796
What bait? Mages *are* superior.
>>
File: 1486898402792.png (547KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486898402792.png
547KB, 1920x1080px
CofD newfag here, how does determining your damage work? Is it (dice pool) + (weapon) - defense + armor, and anything after is damage?

Say Uratha Dave hit Riot Cop John and got 5 successes + 2 from claws vs John's defense 3 + armor 2, does that mean Dave influcts 2 lethal damage to John?
>>
>>51897551
Defense should be subtracting from the core pool, not the final damage. Armor does subtract directly from the damage. So 5 success + 2 claws - 2 armor = 5 damage.
>>
>>51897551
Depends on the armor, some armor reduces dice other armor reduces damage. defense last time I checked haven't played cofd in a while removes dice. body armor would reduce damage and possibly dice as well depending on the armor. some of it is 2/2 meaning both dice and damage get removed.
>>
If I'm completely new and ignorant of Requiem, what would you recommend I read first?

I'd like to try and find a group online to play with, but I have the terrible tendency of reading through everything and spoiling myself, so I figured I should ask here first what to read.

I know they're not present in Requiem, but I enjoyed playing Tzmisce and Lasombra best in Masquerade.
>>
As a mage with 3 merit dots to spend at creation, what should I make sure I have?
>>
>>51897660
Blood and smoke. which is the 2e core. Personally I would keep the masquerade setting and replace it with blood and smoke mechanics though keep generation the same. Though you have to come up with elder powers if those ever come to play, obtenebration and vissistude assasmite powers and set powers. Or just say fuck it and leave it to devotions.
>>
>>51897634

Does defense subtract from your damage? The wtf 2e book doesn't seem clear on this.
>>
>>51897660
The core book is best. If you like playing the Tzimisce for the 'freaky transcendence' angle you'll want to look heavily at the Ordo Dracul. There won't be any equivalent powers, so you'd have to convert them if you REALLY want it, though Protean is more general shapeshifting in 2e now and there's a lot of body-mod stuff in the new Ordo powers.
>>
>>51897699
I'd have to look at the WtF book (which I don't have) but the core 2e CofD book states that Defense subtracts from the attack pool, not the damage rating. CofD core pg. 91 gives a combat summary chart.

Armor is explained on pg. 94. Basically armor is rated Normal/Ballistic. The ballistic rating reduces that amount of lethal from firearms to bashing; the normal rating is the reduction.
* You have armor that's rated 2/2. This means it reduces the first 2 points of a gunshot to bashing, and removes 2 damage overall. So a knife attack that does 4 damage, is reduced by 2 to 2. A gunshot that does 5 damage does, at the end, 2 lethal and 1 bashing (5 lethal reduced to 4 lethal 1 bashing, then 4 lethal reduced by 2).
>>
>>51897796
I would assume, unless WtF2e explicitly changes something (if you want, gimme a page reference and I'll poke about), that it doesn't change the 'core' functions from GMC. It might be badly copy/pasted or reworded though in the WtF2e.
>>
>>51897796

Damage rating being the weapon or dicepool + weapon?
>>
>>51897846
Damage rating being the Success + Weapon; do not worry about the raw dice pool, just successes after rolling (pool - defense) when calculating

Combat flow:
IMMA STAB YOU
I have Strength 3 + Weaponry 4 = 7 pool.
You have a 2 Defense and 1/0 reinforced clothing (a leather jacket).
I roll 5 dice.
I get 3 successes.
My knife is +2L. I have 5 damage.
I subtract 1 from damage due your armor.
My final damage is 4.
>>
>>51897983
Or example 2.
IMMA SHOOT YOU.
I have Dexterity 5 and Firearms 5.
I am out of melee range so your Defense does not apply.
I roll 10 dice.
I get 7 successes.
I am using a +4 gun.
Raw damage is 11 lethal.
You are wearing 3/3 armor.
Ballistic reduces that to 8 lethal 3 bashing.
I remove 3 damage due to your armor.
Final damage is 5 lethal 3 bashing.
>>
File: vanfleet_van4.jpg (145KB, 515x700px) Image search: [Google]
vanfleet_van4.jpg
145KB, 515x700px
>>51897696

I'll look into Blood and Smoke, thanks!

And I don't know anyone at all, locally at least, who would do what you suggested, so I just assume I'll be playing around in the Requiem setting. Which is going to be very strange for me, what with the whole metaplot and all the background fluff of Dark Ages/Masquerade gone.

>>51897737

>If you like playing the Tzimisce for the 'freaky transcendence' angle

Nah, I just picked them when I played first because they're from the Balkans. It just spiraled out of there to learning more about them. I never played an edgy Tzimisce, but rather - uhh, how to put this - one who was contemplating what he was becoming and exploring vampirism as another kind of existence, rather than just human turned undead. While Vicissitude was fun, I'm not going to miss it too terribly.

And thanks, I'll look into the Ordo Dracul stuff.
>>
>>51898031
That's still the ordo dracul, so you'll be in good shape. They are literally founded by Dracula, who believes he was cursed into vamprism by God.
>>
>>51898031
The thing is, Requiem has background. It doesn't have a genealogy or 'this book advances into that book...' type setup, but there are events, history, etc. Not on the scale of Masquerade, but it's there, primarily told in the Clan and Covenant books, as well as prop books like Rites of the Dragon (an Ordo Dracul bible, like the Book of Nod from Masquerade) or the Testament of Longinus (similarly for the Lancea et Sanctum). Requiem for Rome might also scratch your 'dark ages' itch as it talks about the formation of modernized vampiric society.
>>
>>51898112

Hang on, the impression I got was that the clanbooks for Requiem were now outdated, and that I should just look at the 2e stuff.
>>
>>51898141
There is no 'grand unified canon' in CofD/NWoD. It's 'integrate what you want, it's a toolkit system'. Even if that weren't the case, there is next to nothing as far as expanded 'setting' released for 2e Requiem (unless you count the horribad Secrets of the Covenants, which is not what most of us were expecting).

Admittedly, a few things in 2e invalidate/change some core assumptions from 1e, but not enough that using 1e history/setting in a 2e game is out of the question.

If you're interested in getting into story/setting/lore, the only place you're going to get scads of that is in 1e. There is nothing on that scale that's released yet for 2e, and Secrets of the Covenants will give you some info, but it's done from an in-world setup (like a Carthian 'zine or an interview with a signature character who was also a signature character in 1e).
>>
>>51898018
>>51898018
Wait I thought ballistic armor still soaked the bashing damage but you'd still take 1 even if it could fully absorb it.

So if you suffered 5L against 3/3 mundane armor you would take 2L and 1B.
>>
File: cofd armor.jpg (46KB, 442x371px) Image search: [Google]
cofd armor.jpg
46KB, 442x371px
>>51898268
Unless it specifies that somewhere else, it doesn't specify that in the armor section. I've screencapped it and attached.

It says against firearms, you apply ballistic aror first. Ballistic is stated to reduce lethal firearms attacks to bashing.
Then you apply the 'regular' armor rating, which removes from the worst damage type of a 1 for 1.

It further notes that if you would reduce a gunshot to no damage, you'd still take 1 bashing regardless due to impact/shock.
>>
>>51898336
Cool. So if a gunshot did 6L against 3/3 armor.

3L gets turned to 3B by the ballistic armor. The remaining 3L would get reduced to 0 by the general armor but you'd still suffer 1B from the shock of the blow.

So final total would be 4B.
>>
>>51898404
That's how it seems to process the order of operations. So unless there's an example elsewhere that contradicts it, that's how I'd run it.

I think the difference between bashing/lethal reduction is from 1e, where the ratings reduced the pool based on whether it was firearms or otherwise (one rating was your penalty against firearms attack pools, one was your penalty against other attack pools).
>>
>>51895448
>vampires are jealous of mages.
>tremere turned himself into a vampire because the consensus was at its least merciful to mages at rhe time.

Motherfuckers jealous of vampires bro.
>>
>>51898436
Tremere wanted easy immortality. He was trying to get the immortality part without the rest of the curse. God said 'haha fuck you mage dude'.
>>
>>51898452
Of course he also ate Saulot. Which fucked him up even worse.

Mages, they never learn
>>
>>51898474
Of course, that was Saulot's plan to supplant God anyway (at least in one version of the character's end goal in Gehenna), so...
>>
>>51898431
It's also useful to point out that a firearm with a +3 modifier or a melee weapon with a +2 modifier can apply the knocked down tilt with a successful attack.

And an attack that does your character size in damage in one turn applies the stunned tilt.
>>
>>51898509

I think you're mixing him up with Cappadocius.

Saulot never wanted to supplant God.
>>
>>51898865
Maybe. I know there was some positing in one book that Saulot was a driving evil force, wanting to do something to survive the cycle of Gehenna and come out on top. I can't recall where I read that though.
>>
File: 1487947568982.jpg (41KB, 400x488px) Image search: [Google]
1487947568982.jpg
41KB, 400x488px
One of my groups players said he wants to play a tengu and sent this around
>>
>>51899182
I read he might be the Baali progenitor and that he somehow managed to piss off the Kue-Jin more profoundly than other vampires.
>>
File: bigpreview_asian-warrior.jpg (21KB, 495x310px) Image search: [Google]
bigpreview_asian-warrior.jpg
21KB, 495x310px
>>51891243
All of them, because Hunters are awesome.
>>51892117
>Like, where are the Seers?
High-tailed it, they saw the High Speech on the wall and went 'Nope.'
>Why are all Supernatural creatures in this city tainted?
They don't know what they don't know, they might even have contact with something like a 'Noth and they're making deals with it without understanding the risks.
>WHY, is it making Supernal Mysteries stronger?!
Are you sure they're the true Mysteries?
>>
>>51892117
>will likely sell me out to the Guardians
What did you do?
>>
>>51895286
>https://strawpoll.com/w2b82sw
Ooh! Suggest a third option. Hedge magicians, badass normals and other mortals+ try to survive working for their detached Mage masters, and try to remain decent-ish people despite everything.
>>
>>51898141
Nope. The Clanbooks are mostly really cool fluff pieces to lead you into each Clan's headspace. The 2nd Ed core even lists them as suggested reading.
>>
File: 1446918029711.jpg (78KB, 572x768px) Image search: [Google]
1446918029711.jpg
78KB, 572x768px
>>51899662
>>51898192

Oh cool. I guess I'll read the clanbooks, 1e and 2e stuff. By the way, what's so horribad about the Secrets of the Covenants? One anon mentioned earlier it wasn't what people expected.

Oh and one more question. The only Blood and Smoke book I could find is the one called "Vampire the Requiem - Blood and Smoke - The Strix Chronicle". Is that the one? Just checking.
>>
How freaky kinky do you think Mage sex is?
>>
>>51899720
Yep. Blood and Smoke has also been rebranded as VtR 2e.
Secret of the Covenants is full of ridiculous magical powers and mediocre fiction, were most people expected some sort of update of the covenant books or new covenants.
>>
>>51899182
Transylvania Chronicles. Saulot wants to become the Demon Emperor of the Sixth Age of the Kuei-jin, so in a way, yes, he wants to supplant God, because he feels that the Cainite race was betrayed by Caine, who kept them from advancing like the Kuei-jin do
>>
best mage edition?
>>
>>51899960
Depends on Arcana they have.

>>51900159
Second one is better.
>>
>>51900150
So what's his endgame?

Because in Gehenna he's sort of a vampire messiah
>>
File: Chalice-4-web.jpg (75KB, 456x576px) Image search: [Google]
Chalice-4-web.jpg
75KB, 456x576px
Does using your Dedicated Tool grant you Paradox reduction AND a Yantra die, or just one of them?
>>
>>51901437
It can but it won't double dip and you can only reflexively use one Yantra per turn up to you gnosis limit for Yantras.

So a Gnosis 1 Thyrsus with a hunting knife as a dedicated tool could spend two turns to use it as a +1 Path yantra, a -2 to Paradox.

But they couldn't also use High Speech in the same spell.
>>
New to nwod here, but have been reading some of the books. Which one has Thaumaturgy in it The human sort, hedge magic, or whatnot)? I keep seeing it mentioned.
>>
>>51901801
Second Sight, but it is extremely outdated. The Dark Eras companion is supposed to have an update for it, but who knows when it'll be released.
>>
>>51901801
Second Sight
>>
>>51898474

>Tremere, they never learn
>>
I'm actually excited to see what Dave has planned for Tremere in the future. An exiled rogue order is much more interesting than followers of a magical retard.
>>
>>51898452

>Archmage said 'haha fuck you God dude'.
>>
File: Bait is the mind-killer.png (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bait is the mind-killer.png
17KB, 600x600px
>All these magefags shitposting
>>
>>51902333
Sorry

The bait must flow
>>
>>51902258
Apparently their primary elements are no longer to be related to their Legacy, but instead are alterations to the mechanics of Soul Loss and Gnosis.

With their Houses as their Legacies.

At least, those were his current thoughts as of May last year.
>>
>>51902419
Sounds like they're being geared up to be either bigger antagonists, but maybe also player characters. Were Tremere players a thing before?
>>
>>51902618
Left-Handed Path gave them enough fleshing out that they became interesting to play.
>>
>>51894391

You can thank the magefags for ruining everything.
>>
So... Any fun crossover game stories?
>>
>>51903027
I ran into a Mage as a Vampire once.

Can you guess what happened next?
>>
>>51901437
WoG is that you always get the paradox break when using the tool but only get the extra die if the tool fits the spell.
>>
>>51903107
Your ST realized that, in order to make a crossover work, you have to implement stricter limits of what Mages can do instead of rolling over and taking Magecock right to the prostate?
>>
>>51903168
>Implying you don't want the magecock
>>
>>51903107
>I ran into a Mage as a Vampire once.
>Can you guess what happened next?

If you were playing RAW, you probably had an extended vacation as lawn furniture.
>>
>>51903027
Well, the Cabal rescued a Mage who was kidnapped by a group of about 5 angry Uratha by teleporting him him out of their base.
Then when he proved to be insane and ran away they temporarily allied thenselves with the Uratha to assault the mage's ally, a powerful apostate who was keeping him locked away in the cavern complex below her mansion.
Then they abandoned the Uratha when she turned out to be even more powerful than imagined and turned into a fucking dragon and bit like, 3 of them in half, running off once again with the repatriated Mage.

Then there was the time they ran up against the Summer Court having accidentally allied themselves with a Huntsman. Before turning upon him and apologising to the Changeling they were seeking, who had been forced into breaking Consilium laws by another Mage. The Thyrsus got a nasty fucking curse out of that little bit of trechery, effectively losing use of an arm. Nobody was willing to remove the curse for him, given that he had earned it through his own stupidity.
>>
>>51903507
Did these Mages have Down syndrome by chance?

Sounds like children playing make-belief.
>>
>>51903560
Hmmmm, really makes the noggin' go joggin'
>>
>>51900349
It depends on the era, really. In Ancient times, he searched Golconda. In the dark ages, he manipulated his childe to have Tremere diablerise him, so he'll have access to a whole clan of vampire sorcerers. In modern times, he's trying yo become the Demon Emperor of the 6th age, because he'll be better than whatever the road of ages would have picked (this raises a lot of questions about fate in owod, also). In the End Nights, he's trying to redeem himself and the whole Cainite race in the eyes of God, basically.
>>
>>51903507
>Acanthus
>Huntsman
>Working together

The absolute worst nightmare for any Court.
>>
>>51897796
>* You have armor that's rated 2/2. (...) A gunshot that does 5 damage does, at the end, 2 lethal and 1 bashing (5 lethal reduced to 4 lethal 1 bashing, then 4 lethal reduced by 2).
No. First ballistic lowers it to 3 lethal, 2 bashing and then general armor by another 2, starting from more severe, therefore final damage is 1 lethal, 2 bashing.

>>51898018
>I roll 10 dice.
>I get 7 successes.
Are those dice weighted? Damn luckers.

>>51898336
>>51898404
I would rather interpret it, that you always take at least 1 bashing if hit by lethal, but I wouldn't add bashing damage if you take some damage anyway.
So for example:
armor 3/0, hit for 4 lethal damage, you take 1 lethal damage
armor 3/0, hit for 3 lethal damage, you take 1 bashing
armor 3/2, shot for 5 lethal damage, you take just 2 bashing
and so on. That's the way we play it.
>>
>>51903507
Mages be scary

>>51903560
Even when retarded
>>
>>51903107
Our cabal met some Hunters once, low tier "blue colllar workers with shotgun style.
They thought we were another group of Hunters, and we kind of liked them. So we check in with them sometimes, see if anything bad might happen to them that we can stop.
One time my character used Time magic and saw some of them get killed a few days later attacking a vampire nest that turned out more prepared than expected.
So we had to figure out a way to make them get out of that alive, with neither them nor the Vampires allowed to notice our our involvement. That was fun and very Mage style indirect action.
>>
>>51903658
>Mages helping Sleepers, no less Hunters!

WTF?

>Mysterium membership revoked!<
>>
>>51903758
>Not secretly pushing a select group of sleepers to their limit through use of subtle magics to try to trigger awakenings.
>>
>>51903758
>thinking stereotypes are ironclad truths that can't be deviated from at all
shiggy diggy
>>
>>51903791
>Pushing sleeper to Awaken using magic
>Sleepers are hunters and could Awaken as Banishers

Is you cabal looking to be declared Scelesti by the Consilium?
>>
>>51903857
>Not secretly making Banishers to turn on your foes
>Not spreading Banisher Paranoia in the local Consilium to cause chaos
>Not picking them off one by one to drain their Gnosis and return them to sleep to sustain your Immortality as a Timori.
>>
File: that giving mages the knot look.jpg (12KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
that giving mages the knot look.jpg
12KB, 246x246px
>>51891250
>>
>>51899582
If there's a consensus for those options after the core line has been decided, I wouldn't be against any Mortal+ options, but there is a weirdly neat division between Hunters and Mages
>>
>>51904538

Fuck off doggo
>>
File: 1478674833031.jpg (126KB, 657x405px) Image search: [Google]
1478674833031.jpg
126KB, 657x405px
>>51899960

>Life mages make retinue of favorite porn stars and celebrities
>Life mages intensify feedback from pleasure centers
>increase dopamine and serotonin and Oxycontin production
>Life mages make giantesses as pleasure carrier to fuck menagerie of creations on
>life mages turn all nerve endings into pleasure nerves

>Mind mages create vivid sex hallucinations
>Every thrust multiplies mind into stereo
>soon feels like humping a stadium of the same girl
>Vivid lucid sex dreams with your goetic girlfriends

>Matter mages turn the air around their girl to ecstasy and heroin and LSD
>mind melting sex without the risk of overdose
>all dildos of every shape

>Space mages become ultimate voyeurs
>gain sympathetic ties watching youtube asmr video
>check in from time to time to see if she's fapping
>Can watch hundreds of girls going at it simultaneously
>ever tit you brushed up against on the subway creates sympathetic tie

>Entropy mages. Fuck a corpse idk those sick stupid necros lmao worst sphere.
>>
>>51904678

The Entropy hating magefaggot is back
>>
File: 1478668063132.jpg (24KB, 427x384px) Image search: [Google]
1478668063132.jpg
24KB, 427x384px
>>51904700
>reading hot mage powers and expecting necrophilia to be at the top
>>
>>51904678
>Entropy mages. Fuck a corpse idk those sick stupid necros lmao worst sphere.

This is true
>>
>>51903758
Honestly Hunter's would make excellent agents for most of the orders.

I could imagine both the Guardians and the Seers sponsoring several conspiracies and pointing them at hedge-wizards or other supernaturals.

Best case scenario they wipe out a potential nuisance. Worst case a group of non-mages kills each other.
>>
>>51903758
>not becoming best friends with a bunch of hunters and going out murdering vampires together

Its the ultimate male bonding exercise.
>>
>>51905048

Why would mages need anyone else to help hunt vampires, and worse, how could you imply that mages would want to bond with Sleeper monkeys and baboons?

A mage bringing humans along on a vampire hunt would be little different than a human bringing a hound on a waterfowl hunt, although when hunting the undead, humans would be far less useful than the dogs, and probably a significant hindrance.

I wouldn't continuing discussing such nonsense. You sound like a filthy Libertine radical.
>>
>>51905438

This is why nobody talks to you at the Consillium Dennis.
>>
>>51905438
Why would Mages hunt vampires/werewolves/changelings/demons/geists?

They're a piss poor source for arcane beats and the greater power you need to fight your actual enemies.
>>
>>51905623
You kidding? Mages get arcane beats from investigating most other Supernaturals, the source of their powers, and the societies just like investigating Supernal Mysteries.

And if I want to be really fucking "mage supremacist" about it, it's even easier, because they can't fight back as well.
>>
>>51905623
>Why would Mages hunt vampires/werewolves/changelings/demons/geists?

Entertainment? Boredom? Practice for more impressive enemies? Because they interfered with a mage's project or someone or something under their protection? They're somehow relevant to a mage's Obsession or exploration of a Mystery or Arcanum advancement? They were foolish enough to threaten or challenge the mage? Etc.
>>
>>51905623
Mage has a hero complex and can't stand the idea of these pricks messing with sleepers? Mage was a former hunter and keeps up with his old job out of habit?
>>
I've learned the following from these generals
>CofD was a mistake
>Mage was a mistake
>nu-oWoD was a mistake
>>
>>51905672
>>51905731

I dislike crossovers mainly for the fact that it's a thematic clusterfuck.

Mage is a game about conspiracy, power, and the hubris of man. Not wizard superheros turning monsters into lawn-furniture.

I know we like to circle jerk about 'mage supremacy' but it literally doesn't matter. In a half way competent chronicle a vampire/changeling/werewolf isn't going to be facing a deranged 4th degree master your cabal of unprepared drinking-buddies will however and they're going to be the ones to deal with weaponized singularities.
>>
How did Mage even get made as the third splat? Dracula, Woflman, Gandalf? You think it would have been about witches bargaining with spirits and demons to gain magic of something.
>>
>>51905860
>He wants the games to give him a theme to explore instead of the ST
How does it feel to play with a six foot tall stack of shit behind the screen?
>>
>>51905926
>witches bargaining with spirits
Sounds like Acanthus with the Fae
>demons
Mastigos. In fact several legacies involve summoning and dealing with demonic entities.
>>
>>51905860

It really doesn't take a "deranged 4th degree master" or even a full cabal to prevail against another common supernatural splat. Most moderately competent adepts of any Path are more than a match for even a experienced vampires/changelings/werewolves/etc.

However, you're correct that the "thematic clusterfuck" with crossover is the primary reason. Since a primary theme of Mage is the corruption of reality-bending power, it's necessary for the weakest of mages to have significant abilities, and for the power curve to be quite steep. This is accounted for within the Mage gameline with similarly powerful adversaries such as Abyssal horrors and other mages. However, this obviously causes problems in crossover, particularly every mage's ability to uncover most mysteries with either their inborn powers or the lowest level of the Arcana.
>>
>>51905959
>witches bargaining with spirits
>Sounds like Acanthus with the Fae

Sounds more like Thyrsus or Moros dealing with spirits and ghosts, respectively.
>>
>>51906020
Them too, but the whole 'bargaining' thing just made my mind go to the faeries because those fuckers are crazy about contracts.
>>
>>51905926
You mean, like how every Mage is still entirely capable of doing so, and in fact many of them do?

Mages can draw power from, compel obedience from, and bend knee to more different sources of power than every other faction put together.
>>
>>51905839

No, CofD was a mechanical improvement over nwod and owod, but its lore is shit except for Awakening. Its sort of like 4e and 5e to a lesser extent. Superior mechanics but people still want their decades old shitheap that doesn't work without tons of house ruling.
>>
>>51904976
How would Mages go about taking control of some Hunter cells from behind the scenes?
>>
>mage supremacy
>>
>>51906108

First, never forget that mages are human and some of the most informed beings in the CofD and that Sleepers never recall the use of Supernal magic. Without even using any magic or raising undue suspicion, they can easily act as an indispensable benefactor or occultist contact for a Hunter cell. This is one of the reasons why mages so easily directly control or are the power behind any number of mystery cults.

If a mage wishes to be less subtle, the use of Mind magic, from subtle persuasion to outright domination, can readily bend a cell to his will.
>>
>>51906001
From my experience, only Demon and Mummy can really compare to Mage.

Then you throw in Archmages, and it's no longer a comparison by any means.
>>
>>51906108
Depends, do you want to do it morally or immorally?

>Morally
Build up a positive reputation and rapport with them through providing information about possible targets for them, while also evidencing your convergent interests.
Never lie to them either actively or through ommission, and never expose them to Quiescence or Dissonance.

>Immorally
Use magic to break their minds and enslave them to your will.
Coerce them into helping you by putting what they care about in danger.
Create massive messes, then dump them in their laps so their sense of moral duty obliges them to fix it.
Blackmail them into cooperation.
Make bargains with them that leave them worse off.
>>
What were the actual issues with Geist? I like the ideas and themes of the splat but haven't bothered to look at the book due to hearing that it was a rushed mess. are the issues easy enough to work around or is there something flawed with the core mechanics/ideas?
>>
>>51906207
I would think morally, but not with the intention of being moral so much as being subtle, as well as never exposing yourself to any potential backlash.

Like the White Court from the Dresden Files using cat's paws, to put it in a way that probably makes sense to most Mage players.
>>
>>51906197
>Archmages

It's just not fair to even include those things.
>>
Anyone ever run Promethean or Geists? And how was it?
>>
>>51906495

At least WW had the good sense to actually treat archmages as a totally different splat than mages.
>>
>>51906570
I think you're referring to Imperial Mysteries, but I can't be sure.

Ascension Archmages were hardly another splat and incredibly easy to abuse.
>>
>>51906615

Yes, I was referring to Imperial Mysteries and CofD.
>>
My lovely Thyrsus wife is carrying my child.
>>
>>51906709
Are you sure you're the father?
>>
>>51906709
>marrying a Thyrsus
They're all sluts, anon.
>>
>>51906721
Even if a Thyrsus was going to have an affair why would they not use a shielding spell for perfect contraception/STD prevention?
>>
>>51906748
How do you know she didn't do that to you?
>>
>>51906748
Maybe they want to make you into a literal cuck.
>>
>>51906741
Shes pure as virgin snow. Shes she is shy and demure and never been with anyone. I trust that more than blood in the sheets(which any Thyrsus could fabricate)
>>
>>51906770
>Virgin
>Thyrsus
Pick 1
>>
>>51906087
Yes, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm just saying that it isn't an intuitive leap. I'm talking about the idea of witches in the idea of people making pacts with demons for magic would have made more sense in my head instead of the weird science vs. magic thing that got made.

I think Mages are fine, but now I kind of want a witch game based around getting power through bargaining.
>>
File: 1485991160616.jpg (74KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1485991160616.jpg
74KB, 736x736px
>>51906770
It's best you accept she's a slut now, it will be less heartbreaking when you walk in on her getting the knot.
>>
>>51906925
But I AM a werewolf.
>>
>>51906957
>werewolf
>not doing your part in helping both mages and werewolves by raping entropy mages out of existence
>>
So how do you do Beasts in a way that isn't insufferable and annoying? I feel like, if the fluff were entirely different, I could be a Beastfag, but I have no idea where to start.
>>
>>51906887
>weird science vs. magic

That's only Ascension, not Awakening

>want a witch game based around getting power through bargaining

Changeling?
>>
>>51907012
>Beasts in a way that isn't insufferable and annoying? I feel like, if the fluff were entirely different, I could be a Beastfag

If you feel the need to change the entire setting, it's best if you give up on the game,

It's possible, albeit very unlikely, that the Beast Player's guide might try to sincerely address the vast myriad of flaws in the corebook. However, since this would be an admission by MattM about how dreadful the game really is, I doubt the book will so encompassing. Maybe with Beast 2e in a decade or so with a new developer will be a true improvement.
>>
>>51906957
>But I AM a werewolf.

That's... unfortunate.

You should be thankful a mage was intimate with a lesser creature such as yourself. Now, be a good doggie, and find an appropriate mate for yourself, like a poodle or schnauzer.
>>
>>51907059
I mean, like, they teach lessons now, right? How about, instead, we make them based entirely around scaring people off from investigating paranormal shit? That's 90% of crossover games anyway. And then, instead of them never getting to look like their monster selves, they do? Boom, Slenderman: The Recording, hot and ready.
>>
>>51907012
I feel ya, I like the Primordial Fear and old monsters things, but the whole execution is terrible.
>>
>>51907080
We were wed by a spirit of domestic bliss
>>
>>51907092
>like, they teach lessons now, right?

No, not really. That's just something Matt tacked on at the last minute after the near revolt when the Beast draft was released on Kickstarter, and everyone thought it was total crap.

At best, Beasts tell themselves they're teaching people lessons as a justification for being parasitic douches.
>>
>>51907126
>We were wed by a spirit of domestic bliss

That's your problem. It's not even a minor inconvenience for a Thyrsus.

I would suggest you promptly find and petition a spirit of divorce and amicable endings.
>>
>>51906615
>Archmages easy to abuse

Hey, If I want to blow up the universe in, I will fucking do it! If I want to become the single mind of the universe, I will fucking do it. If I want to turn the universe into an anime, I will fucking do it.
>>
>>51907187
>If I want to turn the universe into an anime, I will fucking do it.
Please don't.
>>
>>51907292
I dunno might be cool depending on the anime.
>>
>>51907317
Anime is fuckin shit tho
>>
>>51907331
>implying you wouldnt cream your pants if we ended up in a mecha anime

Giant robots are cool for a reason anon.
>>
>>51907338
>Anime involving giant mecha suits
Those are the fucking worst
>>
>>51907418
Less evangelion and more battletech and it would be a 10/10 reality.
>>
WOD: Gundam

What could go wrong...
>>
>>51907457
And I'll Form the Head!
>>
>>51907080

>not breeding superiors spitz breeds

What a faggot with shit taste.
>>
>>51907474
The new Voltron would be vastly improved in the Paladins were vampires, and you know it.
>>
>>51907432

Battletech is shit. 'DURR MY GIANT BOX WITH LEGS AND GUNS STAPLED ON THOUGHTLESSLY'
>>
>>51907457

>Gundam

Only if its UC, and only if it was run by Tomino.
>>
>>51907534
Naah fuck you battletech is great.
>>
>>51907540
Tomino is overrated
>>
>>51907556

>I like SEED and 00 =^)

Kill yourself, GenZ
>>
>mage supremacy
>>
>>51907545

The majority of designs are shit. The only good ones were redesigned mostly by a Nip and a weeaboo from dA.

Face it, your game world sucks and has no good sense of visual design. Its a bunch of scattershot bullshit only propped up and gained traction because of a bunch of designs of questionable licensing from Japanese artists and Robotech being imported. And yet you have the gall to whine about mecha anime. Pathetic.
>>
>>51907603
I politely disagree. Wow look at that different opinions. Now its you, the guy who loves anime, the guy who hates all anime and me, the guy who just thinks evangelion was shit.
>>
>>51907630

Eva was pretty good until EoE and the rebuild movies.
>>
Whats better for a newfag storyteller, Geist or Demon Descent?
>>
>>51907653

Geist. I would suggest Vampire too.
>>
>>51907653

Geist has a lot of mechanical problems and is still 1e.

I would also suggest Vampire, as it's the most recognizable and doesn't have multi-dimensional setting issues to deal with for new players.
>>
>>51907187
>blow up universe
Read this comment >>51889935

Not only can you blow up the universe.
You can blow it up multiple times with multiple whatnots.

Archmages are bullshit.
>>
>>51907580
I only like G, 00 Season 1, and IBO among the AUs
>>
>>51907747

>IBO

Anon why
>>
>>51907747
>>51907789

Two out of three isn't bad. I must be the only person on the planet who liked X.
>>
>>51907653
Of the two, I'd say Demon. The Second Edition rules are a lot easier to use, and it doesn't have as many mechanical fuck-ups as Geist.
The downside is, the books leave a lot to be desired regarding just about everything God-Machine specific, so you have to get creative.
>>
How much should I invest in Strength and Stamina as a Rahu? Are there any Gifts that make me more swole?
>>
>>51907907
>Playing a werewolf instead of homebrewing a War Against the Pure shifter race with the ST and taking it to the fuckers who ruined everything in the first place
Confirmed for shit taste.
>>
Gundam IBO is WtF as fuck
>>
>>51907967

Is it better to riff of of Changing Breeds for mechanics, or War Against the Pure?
>>
>>51908041
War Against the Pure, 100%
>>
>>51908077

I have never read it before. Flipping through it now though, it seems a lot easier and more open to player and ST use. Pretty cool.
>>
File: food for thought.png (257KB, 832x680px) Image search: [Google]
food for thought.png
257KB, 832x680px
>>51907710

All these massive abilities at their disposal, yet the universe still stands existent.

It feels as though the Arch-Spheres only exist as examples of what could potentially come to be, and that no Archmage in history (recorded history?) has ever actually achieved these feats.

The universe shouldn't exist with these beings drifting about. It makes no sense to me. Not that Ascension was ever actually consistent.
>>
>>51908094
Plus, it gives some great buffs to the Werewolf line in general. A full scale shadow war between werewolves and were(blank)s is always a fun setting.
>>
>>51908412
Awakening is better in that the reality as we know it might just be minutes old, but with millions of years of backstory added.
The Acts of Imperium re-shape all of existence.
While on the other hand are direct action in the Phenomenal World heavily limited.

Keeps the Archmages out of the way.
>>
>>51908441

Is there any way to beef up the shapechangers using those rules? They seem really weak compared to Uratha, especially 2e Uratha.
>>
Whats best for Archer gish?
>>
File: 20170226browser.jpg (92KB, 600x302px) Image search: [Google]
20170226browser.jpg
92KB, 600x302px
>>51908580
Unchained Demon. Destroyer/Inquisitor.
>>
>>51908412
>yet the universe still stands existent.

Yes, but which universe?

Heck, for all we know, the Big Bang was caused by an Archmage playing with Forces.
>>
>>51908714
For all we know, that's a lie and the world was in fact created 4 minutes ago when someone from the Cult of Ecstacy got really fucking high and thought it would be hilarious to retroactively remake the universe as if, pfff, it had been created by some huge explosion. Weed lmao.
>>
>>51894995
I mean, some of them are pretty dumb, so probably. But most intelligent Changelings would hate that kind of servitude.
>>
>>51908632
Actually... I think I'm playing a character almost exactly like that. Though, it's slightly less of an asshole. He's currently masquerading as a Hunter. Because why not?
>>
Im a mage who's n love with a sleeper. How do I handle this?
>>
>>51909276
Rape is usually a pretty good way to handle things in my experience.
>>
File: Sulk.jpg (48KB, 457x447px) Image search: [Google]
Sulk.jpg
48KB, 457x447px
>>51907710
>>51889935
>Big Bang Bubble Gum

See, this is why the various player bases hate Ascension and all it entails. When you can casually buttfuck the universe by chewing fucking candy, you know you've gone WAY too fucking far.

I honestly (seriously, I do) question why the magefags don't acknowledge their disgusting privileges. You'd think that they'd be the most humble out of personal experience, but no.
>>
>>51909276
>Im a mage who's n love with a sleeper

Suicide is the only honorable course of action.

With any luck, you'll be reincarnated as a mage with better taste.
>>
>>51909341
>acknowledge their disgusting privileges
They do.

By reveling in it.
>>
>>51909276
Very well then. Three other paths are open to you. Three cunning plans to cure thy ailment.
>>
>>51907648
You fucking mongoloid, EoE is the best part of Eva. Rebuild is shit, though.
>>
>>51899720

Prepare for super scary ghost owls :^) They are so scary and important that they even named the line after them.
>>
>>51909601
Are you the same faggot who has unhealthy fixation on the Strix?
>>
>>51891505
>Syndicate's tax collectors and/or HIT marks sent to collect taxes.

So just like real life, huh?
>>
>>51894391
>These threads are dying

Voormas here.
Everything is going to be all right.
>>
Are there any pictures or descriptions of what a Demon (Decent demon, not fallen) or Angel would look like pre-industrial revolution? Are they still made up of circuitry, gears, oil, etc. etc. or did they look different, to depict the industry and machinery of the time period they were in?
>>
So lemme get this straight, my choices are:
>flighty moron
>edgy asshole
>depressed buzzkill
>zealous douche
or
>dirty hippy

What if I just want to be a regular guy with magic powers?
>>
>>51910042

>flighty moron master race
>>
>>51910042
>regular guy

"Regular guys" do not Awaken in the CofD.

The Paths also well exceed the lazy and simplistic stereotypes in your post. Awakening doesn't follow the rigid caricatures found in Ascension's Traditions.
>>
>>51910042
You are extremely far from having anything at atll straight.

Though if you want to play a regular guy with magic powers, your best bet is to be a Proximus who rails against his dynasty's curse.
>>
File: 1484595013169.jpg (54KB, 417x316px) Image search: [Google]
1484595013169.jpg
54KB, 417x316px
>>51909601
>>
>>51910020
I like to imagine that stylistically, they appeared more in regards to the tech of the time, however the God-Machine's had tech far beyond even the most advanced efforts of mankind since before we had bronze.

It's just that it's a complete and total pain in the ass to get all that infrastructure working for quantum tunnelling, when all you've got are some stone carving tools MADE of rock, and a few sacrificed goats.

You can scarcely imagine how frustrating it must be. You know EXACTLY how to build a warp drive, fusion reactor, and gene-engineering factory, but your idiot fucking disciples can scarcely smash two rocks together, so you can't really hijack ANY of their technology for Infrastructure.
>>
>>51909646

No, I'm probably another, but come on man... ghost owls?
>>
>>51910186
>stupid monkey humans

The Mysterium approves your message.
>>
>>51910263
>ghost owls

No, shadow owl-y things from a dark dimension
>>
>>51910292
Don't even start with him.
>>
File: 3990274631_71b012f42a.jpg (68KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
3990274631_71b012f42a.jpg
68KB, 500x332px
>>51910292

Ok, I'll try again.

Come on man... shadow owls from another dimension?
>>
>>51909341

It's not the magefags, it's the other splatfags that want to deny the obvious power inequality. Balance is a myth. Mage, as a focal point, deserves the most power among the supernaturals.

It's to be expected. WoD is full of PC SJWs that really believe equality is a possibility in real life, and within the bounds of a fictional verse.
>>
>>51909341
It's no different than Antediluvians having 10 dot Discipline plot devices, except on a bigger scale. It's not like the majority of Mage games wind up with players doing shit like that, if it ever happened at all.

So what are you even whining about? Mages being more powerful in the fluff? How does this detract from your enjoyment of other games in any way? I hate edgy vampirefags, doesn't mean I hate their game.
>>
>>51910632
>except on a bigger scale

An understatement.
>>
In Awakening 2e, how would you create a Shielding spell against damage from kinetic (or other types of) energy attacks?

Would a simple repurposing of Matter 2's Alchemist's Touch be acceptable, except instead of types of matter, it would protect against types of energy?
>>
>>51910690
Forces.
>>
Also, in Awakening 2e, does the Mage Armor Life 2 Attainment allow a mage to apply Defense to Firearm attacks?
>>
>>51910690
>how would you create a Shielding spell against damage from kinetic energy attacks?
Such a silly question. The answer is Forces. It is one of the many anti-Celerity spells. Vampires will hate you for it.
>>
>>51910706

Yes, I would assume it would be a Forces 2 Shielding effect. However, the only Forces 2 Shield sample spell is Environmental Shield, which is not really comparable to what I'm looking for.

I'm interested in the actual mechanics of how such a spell that protects against a type of energy attack would be designed and work.
>>
>>51910742
Yeah, I'd pretty much refluff Alchemist's Touch.
Rendering yourself immune to Bashing damage from the designated source, and decreasing Lethal by Potency.
Punches deadened to mere tickles, and bullets causing much less lethal injuries.

Despite the attractiveness of the thought, don't set yourself on fire though, happy in your knowledge that your spell will mean you can't burn to death.

You can still suffocate.
>>
>>51910742
This was discussed over on the OPP forums.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/884745-does-unseen-shield-from-mage-1e-still-work
>>
>>51910787
>don't set yourself on fire though

Some mages do this for fun, you realize.
>>
>>51910690

I would use Alchemist's Touch as a baseline template, although protecting against types of energy (e.g., kinetic, heat, electric, etc.) would be far broader and generally more useful that protecting against a specific type of matter, no less with a Reach effect to protect against two types of forces.

Anyone with a Rote for such a spell could easily render themselves immune to both kinetic (e.g., guns, melee weapons, brawl, falling from heights, getting run over, etc.) and heat (add explosions, etc.), at least for a few turns.

That would certainly be an example of mage supremacy.
>>
>>51910742
You're looking in the wrong place. Mage Armor is under Attainments now, not spells.

>Forces Armor disperses the energy of attacks before they can reach the mage, much like a force field.
>Forces Armor applies the mage’s full Forces rating as general armor, applicable against all damaging physical attacks and the automatic damage from fire and electricity. It has no effect on mental or psychic attacks.

2e p.194
>>
>>51910814
You can make a superior version using Shielding.

Mage Armor is reflexive though.
>>
>>51910814

Forces Mage Armor is basically a general force field that applies to most anything.

It should not supplant or render meaningless virtually the entire Shielding Practice of Forces.

However, would a relevant Forces Shielding effect add its level of protection to Forces Mage Armor, or would you only apply the highest effect level of the two?
>>
>>51910723
No
You need to combine it with Acceleration of you want both Life Armor and Defense against Firearm attacks
>>
>>51910834

I wouldn't object to allowing such a spell to be reflexive if used with extra Reach similar to the Reach effect for Forces 4 Turn Momentum.
>>
>>51910843
>It should not supplant or render meaningless virtually the entire Shielding Practice of Forces.
Obviously not.

But the nigga asked for an energy shield so I gave him an energy shield.
>>
>>51910834
>>51910810
>>51910787

Another option to pattern a Forces Shielding spell on the Mind, Spirit and Death Shielding effects.

This would force a clash of will against any specific type of force, with an all or nothing damage result. However, I don't know what the relevant clash of wills would be for a mundane fire, electricity or kinetic damage attack?
>>
>>51910959
Doesn't work, those only work on direct influence by entities. Unless it's some kind of Spirit or something directly using its Influences on you, rather than indirectly hitting you with a bolt of energy? Wouldn't work.
>>
>>51910897

Absent spell control issues, a Forces mage should never be limited in his number or type of force shields.

>ForceShieldSupremacy

>DontFuckWithAnObrimosNamedScotty
>>
>>51910690
>>51910723

It's possible your questions will be thoroughly answered in the Mage FAQ.

Unfortunately, given the current delays, it probably will not come out until just days before the release of Mage 3e in 2026.`
>>
>>51906767
Its a three die symbolic yantra for a ritual spell she intends to cast on the equinox!
>>
>>51911003
>DontFuckWithAnObrimosNamedScotty

I'm now imagining a cabal with a Star Trek theme.

What would be the Paths of the major classic Star Trek characters?
>>
>>51911059

Spock is undeniably a Mastigos.
>>
>>51911059
>>51911086

Bones - Thyrsus
Scotty - Obrimos or Moros
Sulu - it doesn't matter, he's always fabulous

I stumped on Kirk.
>>
>>51911027
>questions will be thoroughly answered in the Mage FAQ

DaveB sometimes posts here as a regular Anon.

The questions might have already been answered.
>>
>>51911119

Kirk would probably be Obrimos.
>>
File: 589454563363.jpg (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
589454563363.jpg
19KB, 640x480px
>>51911128
I'm just going to go ahead and accuse you of being DaveB.

Worth a shot.
>>
>>51911027
It's going pretty quickly. It's not exalted.
>>
If a demon has more that one cover, do they all exist at the same time. For example, if a demon had an attorney a beat cop and a high school janitor all as covers, would all three of those people be around, living their lives. If two covers knew the same person, could the demon mention the other cover to that person, and they would know who both covers were? Or do two just not exist at all times?
>>
Mage nWoD 1e, transmute water. It can change one liquid/vapor into another liquid/vapor, at dot 3 it is 'sensory range'. I interpret this as 'must be able to see, touch or smell the substance', so if a person is bleeding at any time in a fight the matter mage can just transmute his blood into whatever the fuck, right? I see nothing that says otherwise, and holy fuck, a dot 3 mage can then basically insta-kill anything that's not another mage, and this is in the supposedly 'toned down' nWoD 1e.
>>
>>51911139
>accuse you of being DaveB

Sadly, no, just a regular Anon with too many Mage questions, and not nearly enough answers.
>>
>>51911380
Welcome to Mage.

Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>51911407

I actually played it once before, but the ST was kind of shit and we were kind of lazy players so we never did more than basically throw fireballs and mind-wipe people, so I didn't really get the 'mages are super-powerful' meme completely, but now I'm reading through the books preparing to be the ST of my own game years later and damn... there's no break on this rape-train.
>>
>>51911380
If you wanted to transmute blood into something else, I think you would need Matter AND Life, and the ST would probably rule that "sensory" means you can only change the blood you perceive, not all of the blood.

Filling wounds with caustic acid or poison at range is still pretty fucking vicious though.
>>
>>51911380
>,age can then basically insta-kill anything that's not another mage

...or an anti-reality horror, demigod or similar WMD-class being.

But, yes, you have the general idea.

One of Mage's themes is the effect on a human of being when bestowed cosmic power with few limitations or boundaries, and dammit, the game gives you the mechanical power to back-up the fluff.

However, don't mistake this for a superhero game. It's horror, focus not on your superman, but on all the innocents and property damage left in his wake.

In fact, in very short order, your Hubris will make you go from "truth, justice and the American way" to "kneel before Zod!"
>>
>>51911469

But if you rule that then it opens up all kinds of difficult follow up questions. Like why can you change an organic substance that is outside of the body but not inside? Why do you need to be able to perceive all of it when you can, given enough successes, transmute an olympic swimming pool of milk (opaque) into whatever (if it's opaque you can only see the top layer of it).
>>
>>51911481

I now want my Obrimos to have the Shadow Name of "Zod.'

What could go wrong?
>>
>>51911469
>and the ST would probably rule that "sensory" means you can only change the blood you perceive, not all of the blood.

Not really. No, not really. I guess a Mastigos can't mind control folks because he/she can't actually see their minds and brains, right?

Stop kidding yourself.
>>
>>51911496
You were right from the beginning, Anon.

The previous poster is just fucking retarded.
>>
File: nope.png (165KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
165KB, 600x600px
>>51911469
>>
>>51911469

Another thing, they have spells (one dot) that makes them able to perceive any material/substance in their vicinity (up to 16 meters maximum, I think), a matter mage could use that to detect the blood of a person and thus get it within sensory range. One argument I can buy is that blood counts as living when it has 'living cells' or whatever in it, but then he could just detect whatever is in the stomach (food/drink from before) and transmute that, not as powerful, but still possibly very lethal.
>>
>>51911540

To sense blood in a living person would require Life, not Matter.
>>
>>51911380
It says that dead wood and dead bones are matter. But living wiod and living bones are lifes perview. Youd need to wait until all of the blood was dead
>>
>>51911515
>>51911522
>>51911536
Didn't say it would make total sense, fucktards, just that a ST would probably say as much. I would anyway, and if they pressed me on it I would feed them a line about how the imago for it would be way too complex to pull off as an instant cast sensory range spell. Which would be my prerogative, just like it would be yours to let them do whatever they wanted to.
>>
>>51911556

Why? Blood is not alive, if you wanted to detect a disease you'd need life, but blood is just blood.
>>
>>51911571
Or just use the Life Arcanum.
>>
>>51911571

When is that though? There'll always be bacteria present, and there's lots of micro-organisms in water.
>>
>>51911580

You would be a shit ST.

I bet you're a fucking vampfag that's obsessed with dumbing down Mages for no apparent reason other than a want for supposed balance that doesn't actually exist.
>>
>>51911536
You were a retard the last time you posted this and you are one now. He and you are wrong. You need life to affect living things. Get good faggot.
>>
>>51911604
See >>51911585

You're a paranoid dipshit, dipshit.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>51911583
Magic doesn't work on scientific meaning, so attempts to apply logic to it don't usually line up with each other. The short of it is that blood is heavily symbolic of life, and while tied to a living person it is subject to Life.
>>
>>51911540
Using matter to detect living shit did you even read the book noob? Next you will be using forces to counter spell.
>>
Is there anywhere in the nWoD mage 1e core that breaks down what is and what isn't living? I feel that there really should be, so that we easily can divide what falls into matter, and what falls into life.
>>
>>51906278
The PCs are called Sin-Eaters. Geists are bizarre ghosts that ride them as passengers. In theory, there game should be about balancing interests of Sin-Eaters and their Geists (their morality stat is called Synergy). In practice Geists couldn't do squad once bound to Sin-Eaters. The game didn't provide any tools for that.

The powers were designed oddly. There was nothing wrong about them by themselves, but over time (and XP) Sin-Eaters were starting getting the same power set. No diversity.

The game title is confusing. All other games were called Protagonist: the Theme. Geist was the only tone to have Deuteragonist: the Protagonist.

>I like the ideas and themes of the splat
You're not the only one.
>>
>>51911620
This really shouldn't be an issue. Sure, there is overlap, but the distinction between Death and Life should be fairly evident.
>>
>>51911617

Yes, I can buy this, some breaks on the rape-train is a good thing, since matter 3 is too early to be able to one-shot werewolves without even a fight, IMO. They should, and will, get there, but not at matter 3, I mean jesus. I think I'd rule that blood is symbolically living while inside a person as well, I think it would make the game more fun to not be able to rape literally everything so early.
>>
>>51911612
Kill yourself furfaggot your fee fees are those of a manchild trying to use his shit arcana like a waterbender its sad.
>>
>>51911653
>>
File: fite me.jpg (30KB, 451x263px) Image search: [Google]
fite me.jpg
30KB, 451x263px
>>51911647
Come at me. I fucking dare you.
>>
>>51911645

But why though? If a person has a prostethic inside the body, can that be affected? If yes, why not blood, or just the blood plasma? Blood plasma is not alive. Hair is completely dead, teeth enamel isn't alive. There should be some distinction that would decide arguments like this canonically.
>>
>>51911585
The moron wants his matter spells to do exactly as life does though.
>>
>>51911667

You're trying to apply purely scientific principles to divide and apply the purview of the Arcana.

This is a newbie mistake. Stop now or you'll embarrass yourself.
>>
>>51911668

But life cant change blood into another thing.
>>
>>51907012
Take a cue from Promethean and give them Disquiet and Torment, with no hope of growing past them. They're doomed to ruin everything they love and die in misery. Reverse Prometheans of a sort. Make them desperate to find a place for themselves, At this point, no matter how horrible they are you might feel sorry for them.

Don't use Heroes. Borrow the Imbued Creeds from Hunter: the Reckoning. They act like human beings, instead of strawmen (except Waywards). You can actually tackle mature subjects this way.
>>
>>51911657
>when you endanger a grown mans kora the explora.

Just take some dots in life aspie.
>>
>>51911694
Course it can, into another living thing. With matter you can seperate living cells from the water. But using matter right off the bat to detect blood beneath the skin is blatantly antithetical.

Are you really gonna let him bloodbend with zero dots in life
>>
>>51911737
>Are you really going to let him bloodbend with zero dots in life

These things are easily debateable.
>>
>>51909276
Depends on if you want a bitter-sweet ending or an outright tragedy.
>>
>>51899720
The anon you mentioned here. Most of us were expecting an update in the style of the Covenant books, talking about structure of the covenants, positions, etc. What we got was a fiction book with a variety of powers of questionable quality stuck on the back of it.

>>51900150
Aha, thanks!

>>51909601
And...?
>>
>>51911139
>implying you're not DaveB trying yo throw us off your scent
>>
>>51912184

We are all DaveB in our own special way.
>>
>>51912208
Shut it Dave and go back to working on the faq
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.