[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to talk bout theoretical weird ways to utilise magic in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: fuckinghippies.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
fuckinghippies.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
I want to talk bout theoretical weird ways to utilise magic in Dnd

>Tattoo's made to mimic a ritual circle to make the spell be able to be used in battle.
>>
That's not weird. It's been done already, like Tattooed Rotes in Mage: The Awakening.
>>
>>51881489
Hey, I wanted something like that for blood mages, But carved into their flesh.
>Arse runes cause necrotic and poison damage.
>>
>>51882172
I've seen this concept to, except it was a girl with a big complicated bubble wand.
>>
Op here, I also thinking bout the shin megami tensei computer rituals but for everything instead of just demons.
>>
File: MTHero.png (2MB, 837x2374px) Image search: [Google]
MTHero.png
2MB, 837x2374px
>>51883609
I was actually thinking about that when I read your OP post.

If I remember the lore correctly, original SMT devil summoning program was basically recreating the steps for summoning rituals digitally using Magnetite as a catalyst to allow the demons to manifest in the physical world.

I really love the whole concept. That rituals don't have to take place in the material world to have an effect on it. You just program an algorithm that represents the steps of a ritual and provide some sort of material cost to let it manifest, and you have spells at the press of a button.

I'm curious if a similar concept exists in any tabletop RPG. Sounds like something that would be in Shadowrun, but I must admit that my knowledge of Shadowrun is limited to a few hours in the Shadowrun: Hong Kong video game.
>>
>>51881489
Magic consists in ingesting rare materials and farting/shitting/pissing magical effects
>>
>>51881489
Sounds like FMA to me
>>
>>51881489
I litterally had a pair of gangsters with summoning circles tattooed on their back.

The weirdest ways ive seen magic used is actually mystifying things normal people do. If you turn cleaning itself into a spiritual rite of exorcism the mundanity of it makes it bizarre since magics expected to be the opposite.
>>
>>51883806
It doesnt work that way in shadowrun.

Thing is rituals in shadowrun are to appease a spirit for the most part. If a spirit appears and sees you eating cheetos in front of a screen it will be pissed.

Techhnomancers could probbably use it for their whatever magic hackery but for actual wizards they have to put sweat in.
>>
>>51883806
Laundry files.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.