[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doom Guy falls through a portal and ends up in your current campaign.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 12

File: Doom Guy.jpg (484KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Doom Guy.jpg
484KB, 1680x1050px
Doom Guy falls through a portal and ends up in your current campaign.

How fucked is he/everyone?

Fun mode : He has a double-shotgun and a chainsaw. It is assumed he is proficient with all martial and ranged weapons. If it is relevant, his shotgun and chainsaw are considered magical for the purposes of overcoming DR (due to how how steeped in daemon blood they are)
>>
All the challenges involve social interaction and forging alliances through compromise. He's fucked.
>>
>>51881496
Chainsaw is the great communicator.

How big of a path would he chew through the setting before they collaborated to put him down?
>>
>>51881496
>implying Doomguy wouldn't forge THE SHIT out of those alliances
As long as nobody consorts with demons, it'll be fine.
>>
>>51881496
>social interaction
Doomguy is well-versed in the universal language of violence.

>compromise
Indeed, others will compromise when they realize they can't defeat the doomguy.
>>
He'd never make it across the three miles of quicksand that is controlled (shaped/hardened) through geomancer oligarchs just to reach society.
>>
>>51881530
Assuming the portal he fell through caused him to land in society, then what?
>>
>>51881483

Doomguy isn't a man, it's a title, given to the one motherfucker who's hardcore enough to survive a given scenario where no one else can. As such, by definition, Doomguy will survive, overcome and murder the shit out of any situation you put him in.
>>
>>51881483
Double shotgun like two strapped together?
Are they pump or lever, over /under, side x side or single barrel?
Single barrels kind of pointless though you could just have one double barrel shotgun.
Two of those would be awesome, quad barrel side x side over /under. That sounds like something from doom
>>
>>51881563
He could easily terrorize the city, but there would be no ammunition or fuel so he probably wouldn't make it to the spores and certainly not decode the glyphs
>>
>>51881699
His chainsaw doesn't use fuel for some reason - it's some kind of infinite chainsaw.

The shotgun shells though, yeah, he's going to be sad when those run out. Although he's not beyond commandeering any local shooty-mcdoodads that your setting may have.
>>
>>51881709
He's not very mobile though, which would make him very vulnerable to the geomancy. Probably be contained in a spontaneous chasm and buried alive within 10 minutes
>>
>>51881726
>doom guy
>not very mobile
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>51881736
He can't hover, fly, and weighs a lot. Juking and hopping doesn't help much when any ground within 30 feet of you is an intelligent enemy
>>
>>51881726
Doom Guy is capable of running at 90 mph and can easily dodge bullets and fireballs. Just sayin'.
>>
>>51881483
Considering that the main antagonists are demons, it's likely Doomguy will be one of the greatest things to ever happen to the setting.

>>51881768
Even so, do remember his speed is estimated at olympic sprint levels and then some with perfect mobility. He pretty much moves up to his speed and makes his attacks as free actions up to the fire rate of his gun.
>>
>>51881774
I appreciate that. Most worthy adventures can run and dodge things, but this requires stable footing and the ability to trust the earth below you.

The geomancers are very good at catching the nimble ones. That's why it always comes down to compromise and civility.
>>
>>51881496
"It seems the prince plots against our cabal... Doomguy, thoughts?"
>*UNF*!
"Quite right. We DO need intelligence on what he's really up to..."
>>
>>51881836
>Doom Guy teams up with a disgruntled geomancer who disagrees with his peers
>>
The last session I ran for a game...

There is no demons or zombies. That might give him pause. I mean, there is Zamiel but she's an old spirit who likes looking spooky rather than actually doing demonic things.

I'm not really sure. Doom Guy doesn't really seem particularly interested in killing non-demon things so he might get rather bored.
>>
>Sprint at literally superhuman speeds, outrunning even the fastest demons.
>Can dodge bullets.
>Dexterity and coordination enough to reload an rpg in a fraction of a second without even disrupting his aim.
>Can take several dozen shots to the face and keep going.
>Can carry 200kg worth of heavy weaponry while doing all of the above.
>Immune to the possession and magical bullshit that gets everyone else.

He's like a max level martial who's immune to casters.
>>
>>51881910
He doesn't actually dodge bullets though right? Just slow fireballs
>>
> almost no social encounters
> vast majority of enemies are demons or zombies
> game progress mostly based on how much party rips and tears

He should fit right in, it's almost like some kind of weirdly modded coop .wad to him.
>>
>>51881483
Well I'm probably dead, seeing as I'm
a necromancer and he probably doesn't care I'm Neutral Good.

Otherwise, it's a standard DnD campaign, so the world gets a lot more monsterless.
>>
>>51881483
He turns 360 degrees and makes a line for the Chaos Wastes. A year or so later we hear word that the northern polar gate has been shut.
>>
>warhammer 40k game set on a death world on the cusp of experiencing a daemonic incursion on a stupendous scale

He'd be right at home.
>>
>>51881591
You're confusing Doom with Borderlands.

It's a breach load double barrel
>>
>>51881726
You fucking newfag weeb, doomguy is probably one of the fastest vidya characters out there. To scale, he can run at something like 60 mph indefinitely.
>>
>>51881937
This is a good post. You gave me a good amount of flavor for the setting in So few words and you also weren't a dweeb about how your setting would beat one of the most ridiculous characters in vidya. Good for you anon. I hope you get oral sex today.
>>
>>51881920
If you're strafing you can dodge shotgun blasts, so...

It's hard to determine whether they're slow shotgun pellets or fast-doom-marine.
>>
You mean literally Army of Darkness x 10?
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (425KB, 493x370px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
425KB, 493x370px
>>51881483

>Dark Heresy game where the antagonists are either daemons or powered by daemons

Praise the Emperor for sending us an angel in our time of need
>>
>>51882241
>Doom Guy gets his hands on bolters and meltas

Cumming
>>
>>51881483
We tell him first about Treerazer and pointless in the right direction, and wait for a a few weeks.

Then we tell him about the Worldwound and point him towards it. We wait for him to solve that, as well as dormant angry trumpeting.

After that, we take him to the Moonscar.

And so on. Who knows, in about a year's time, he may just solve a good chunk of Golarion's problems. Especially once we take him to Numeria and outfit him with more guns and lasers and things
>>
>>51881483
>Pokémon Tabletop Adventures
He gets demons to fight amongst themselves, and will find a way to kill by throwing pokeballs. Plus, they're rarer, but there are guns around.

Give him two or three years, and we're back into the mundane world.

> Fragged Empires
He will be equipped and steered by the Corps to clear Feral Nephilims. I truly believe it's the Tabletop game where Doomguy can "retire happy":

> Hundreds of planets to clean of threats that quite looks like Doom's daemons and killing machines.
> Civilization still exist, and every monster slain actually help them breathe better.
> Customized gear with optional infinite ammo.
> R&D going on to better equip him or recreate Power-ups like Berzerk.
>>
>>51881483
There aren't any demons to eviscerate, so he probably gets bored and wanders off.
>>
He proceeds to wipe the entire Paladin Order off the face of the planet.

Would be pretty epic, seeing how the Order is the most powerful military force in the world, led by an Archdemon.
>>
>>51881988
>Running
>The ground eats you alive

You're pretty retarded and would die quickly in my campaign!
>>
>>51881483
A space marine chapter gets a new chapter master. Chapter goes on crusader to kill demons. All is well.
>>
>>51882929
Doom guy kills the ground.
>>
File: tmp_3430-tVGG_295231842965786.jpg (112KB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3430-tVGG_295231842965786.jpg
112KB, 285x285px
>>51881483
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm932Sqwf5E

Youre in da club with all your demon bros on the 666th plane of hell when this music starts playing and this guy slaps your succubus gf on the ass

what do?
>>
>>51882937
>doomguy is a chapter master
>not knowing doomguy is one of the lost primarchs
>>
>>51881483
Everyone and everything he encounters is fucked for about three days, at which point the complete lack of even remotely safe drinking water kills him.
Then some Necromancer wrongly thinks that they could control him if they raised him from the dead, and the rest of the setting gets fucked, too.
>>
>>51881910
in the new doom they talk a little about his armor. he basically eats demon energy to fule his rage

hes also already killed satan so hes probably looking for some new shit to kill
>>
File: tmp_3430-doom_homage-746517516.jpg (208KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3430-doom_homage-746517516.jpg
208KB, 1280x720px
>>51883330
doomguys ripped and teared so many demons hes become a magical creature now. like guts sword in beserk

on a related note. what happens if guts and doomguy meet one another?
>>
>>51882989
This.
>>
>his character cant bisect a demon with his bare hands

and you even trying?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kclsAw8Y5-Q
>>
>>51883383
If they meet up then every demon ever would feel a wave of terror that chills their very essence.
>>
>>51883330
I don't think he drinks. He probably just absorbs moisture from all the blood that splatters on him through osmosis.
>>
>>51883460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjIVkl34Vig
>>
>>51882298
Chainsword, lightnign claws, power maul, eviscerator, thunder hammer, chainfist...
>>
File: tmp_2232-highimpact1919957509.jpg (63KB, 476x492px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2232-highimpact1919957509.jpg
63KB, 476x492px
>>51883942
lol holy shit i didnt even think about what doomguy could do with a chainsword
>>
>>51881483

Well uh... we're currently a at the moment small time rebel cell in a nation dominated by devil worship and general evil dickbaggery. So uh... this campaign just got EZ mode.
>>
>>51882929
You really don't know what you're dealing with, do you?
>>
>>51881709
>His chainsaw doesn't use fuel for some reason - it's some kind of infinite chainsaw.
DOOM 2016 chainsaw uses fuel, but it also drops ammo for every other weapon on kill, so as long as DOOM Guy has fuel for his 2016 chainsaw he has ammo for his shotgun too.
>>
>>51883252
Die.
>>
>>51884226
>implying he doesn't just use idkfa
>implying he doesn't use runes just to pick up armor and ammo if he feels like topping off after eviscerating someone
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg
>>
>>51881483
I honestly give about 50/50 odds on doomguy vs our old setting.

We had the odd hell portal, martian invasion, the undead, some egyptian gods and there was one incident with a small planet being dropped on someone.

Our new settting is fucked however.
>>
>>51883383
The godhand will start to care very soonish... Rip and tear!
>>
>>51881483
We point him at the chaotic evil demigod. While those two keep each other busy, we break the plane we've been trapped in. The CE demigod's portion of the plane will likely end up in Abyss, so it's business as usual for Doomguy while we finally get back to the prime material.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>51883966
>Doomguy gets an Evicerator, aka the six-foot version of the Chainsword
>Doomguy spontaneously becomes a daemon prince of Malal so he can kill other daemons permamently
>>
>>51881483
>Playing Black Crusade
I guess our long-term goal in saving humanity with the power of Daemonic energies succeeded.
Just a shame he also kills us all for being daemonic or in league with daemons.
>>
All the cultists and all the aliens and all the gods and other unspeakable terrors are very fucked. So very fucked.
>>
File: doom_hell.0[1].jpg (643KB, 1920x1044px) Image search: [Google]
doom_hell.0[1].jpg
643KB, 1920x1044px
>>51889676
i already imagine him as a pariah which explains how demon magic doesnt effect him and all demons he kills he absorbs their argent energy to power his suit and the demon is permakilled

hes a missing primarch whos a pariah and no none can tell me otherwise
>>
Doomguy was demoted or something in the backstory to the first game for punching his CO who commanded the murder of civilians, or something like that. In DOOM 2016 he seems to get pissed when he sees the newest demon invasion has already killed people. He seems to be a good guy, at the very least he isnt going to fuck shit up for no reason.
>>
File: AWESOME.jpg (112KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
AWESOME.jpg
112KB, 640x480px
>>51881483
Current campaign is battletech (3025 era). What kind of 'mech would Doomguy pilot?
>>
>>51890127
who has ever suggested hes a bad guy?

he rips and tears demons and demon lovers only

actually i dont know if hes ever killed a single human since human villains tend to turn into demons right before he fights them
>>
He's already there, waiting to be awakened when time comes.

He already was released once. The demons promptly fucked off when he single-handedly wiped out their main attack force.
>>
>>51890179
Which ones allow you to rip and/or tear?

>>51890196
The NCO who ordered him to shoot some civilians before the events of Doom 1 might have died from his injuries. A broken everything will do the to you.
>>
File: image02[1].jpg (474KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image02[1].jpg
474KB, 1920x1080px
>>51890179
>doomguy needing a mech

why would he intentionally gimp himself that much? he killed the demon whos skull you see in pic related with a pansy mech
>>
>>51890306
i mean without*
>>
>>51890196
Fair enough, the thread did seem to be taking the tone of "doomguy vs your setting" though.

Frankly, in my setting if you are obviously a badguy you are already fucked. The people with the most power are all decent or beholden to the wishes of their citizens, who are generally decent. Doomguy didn't even kill Sam Holden, who was indirectly responsible for the demon invasion and callous about it at best, I don't think he would really go rip and tear for anything less than actual demons and monsters, which do often warp into reality but never manage to accomplish much before being defeated by some regional heroes. He would probably end up being a wandering monster hunter then, I guess, an extremely effective one, but nothing that would impact the setting.
>>
File: Doom-Comic-Radioactive-Waste.jpg (326KB, 800x1262px) Image search: [Google]
Doom-Comic-Radioactive-Waste.jpg
326KB, 800x1262px
>>51881496
He's surprisingly articulate when he wants to be.
>>
>>51890344
jokes on you he intentionally dipped his fists in waste so he would have radioactive punches

genius really
>>
>>51882298
What do you think a BFG is?
>>
>>51883323
No, Doomguy is not a lost. He's the Emperor reborn.
>>
>>51890344
You know, when the gun talks back to his inset, green thought bubble, you have to wonder at his sanity.

He's also giving long monologues to himself.

He may be awesome, but Doomguy is nuttier than squirrel shit.
>>
File: hatchetman.jpg (448KB, 1152x898px) Image search: [Google]
hatchetman.jpg
448KB, 1152x898px
>>51890298
>Which ones allow you to rip and/or tear?
Hatchetman. In hindsight I probably should have figured that out.
>>51890306
>>51890329
I'm no expert on the capabilities of doomguy's arsenal, but a double barrel ain't gunna do shit to a mech. Even the BFG seems to be about equivalent to a Semi-Portable Particle Projection Cannon, which does less than a point of damage to mech.
>>
>>51881483
His will propels him to divinity and he murders all seven of the dark gods.
>>
>>51890426
im 99.9% certain he would just jump up to the belly/cockpit, tear open a hole with his hands, and then start ripping shit out

guns are literally less dangerous than his hands. expect maybe the bfg
>>
File: latest[1].png (594KB, 732x841px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
594KB, 732x841px
>>51890426
>>51890491
except*

he also fights small demon mechs all the time
>>
>>51890064
It would be fucking amazing to see a doom 1/2 mod based in wh40k. such a shame that dosent exist. shooting daemons, primarchs and orks with heavy bolters, eviscerators and meltas.
>>
>>51881944
>implying he isn't a missing Primarch
>>
He finds the hole to the center of the planet and leaps down into it.

A week later, nobody in the world ever has a nightmare ever again.
>>
>>51883252
>implying you can even do anything before you get a faceful of BFG
>>
>i this idea for a campaign
>so doomguy and john wick meet in a bar...
>>
>>51890344
Cringey
>>
What would he do in Pathfinder?
Go directly for Asmodeus?
>>
>meguca
Doomguy gives the party a taste of his BFH (Big Fucking Headpat).
>>
>>51890416
>He may be awesome, but Doomguy is nuttier than squirrel shit.
According to Quake 3, yes he is.

http://www.rigelatin.net/q3a/quotes/doom.php
>>
>>51881483
>The Emprah's back and he's looking to hire a hitman to go to Sicarus and take out that bible-thumping two-faced bastard Lorgar
Aw yeah.
>>
>>51891506
>I AM THE DESTROYER
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.