[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 35

File: foyada.jpg (148KB, 564x1128px) Image search: [Google]
foyada.jpg
148KB, 564x1128px
Not sure if I haven't used this same image for an older edition Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for OP

Previous Kalpa: >>51800063
>>
Does anyone else like it more when a hold and its capital city have a different name?

So Eastmarch-Windhelm instead of Whiterun-Whiterun. What would be a good alternative name for Winterhold, Whiterun and Falkreath? (whether the city or the hold changes name is up to you)
>>
>>51881419
Northtundra
Middleplains
Southforest
>>
File: tfwtointelligent.jpg (54KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
tfwtointelligent.jpg
54KB, 680x598px
>>51881450
why hasnt bethesda hired you yet
>>
>Winterhold and Dawnstar both have their own holds

Am I the only one irritated by this?
>>
>>51881961
this too

if you ask me they really wanted 4 stormcloak holds and 4 imperial holds with the 9th hold (whiterun) neutral

winterhold should join the pale so it can actually be relevant
>>
>>51882010
>relevant

>Anything but Whiterun, Solitude and Windhelm
>Relevant
>Ever
>>
File: daggerfallwayrestsentinel.png (28KB, 768x256px) Image search: [Google]
daggerfallwayrestsentinel.png
28KB, 768x256px
>>51882208
I know those 3 are the biggest players in Skyrim's geopolitics (they're like Daggerfall, Wayrest and Sentinel in the Iliac Bay) but a united Winterhold+Dawnstar could atleast put it on the level of Riften or Markarth.
>>
>>51882299
Probably, yeah.

>Winterhold and the Pale join forces
>Mass exodus from Winterhold to Dawnstar
>Dawnstar actually grows, larger work force and tax payers and all that allows it to work more mines and actually get a net gain
>Lack of Nords in Winterhold makes it more of a stop on the way to the College, rather than a rival
>More and more mages travel to Winterhold to set up shop

>Some 50 years later, Winterhold is a mage haven, and Dawnstar is a major port
>>
Who's ready to fight Dagoth Ur in ESO: Morrowind as a raid boss?
>>
>>51883307
ESO devs confirmed there's no Dagoth Ur or Sixth House stuff at all, it's peryite and Great House focused.
>>
If you guys are interested (which you should be).

https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4154

Go check out tes3mp.
>>
>>51883363
>peryite
Is this confirmed? So far it's just heavily hinted.
>>
>>51883702
Leaked dialogue confirms Peryite, and the trailer shows off diseased hungers and such. And it makes sense anyway, since Vivec is sick, and Peryite is the enemy of Mephala.
>>
Hey. I'm learning to mod Skyrim, and my current long-ish term goal is to make some kind of return to Battlespire mod. The lore around it has always interested me, and since most of it is just wrecked, it gives me a lot of flexibility.

So, give me some lore here. I know he Battlespire still exists and is accessible, but how do you get there? I know about the Wier Gate, but does a matching gate exist on Nirn? Where? Or can the Wier Gate be linked to from anywhere with the proper magic?

Secondly, any cool ideas for what to do there? Any ideas for a quest? The links to Oblivion from the Battlespire have been destroyed, so that's out of the question. While I know that the daedrice crescents are all gone, I doubt the place has been picked clean, since it's so hard to get to--what kind of loot would you expect to find in the debris?

>>51881961
To be fair, Winterhold used to be a major power. Dawnstar doesn't have much of an excuse, though.
>>
>>51883477
Hell fucking yes
>>
>>51881419
Hsaaria
Ahroldan
Kreath
>>
File: anime.png (288KB, 755x474px) Image search: [Google]
anime.png
288KB, 755x474px
I need some good philosophers right this instant or you're fired, /tg/
>>
>>51884325
The/a Weir Gate was something that existed on Nirn, referenced as the Pillar of Light, and most likely in Cyrodiil, serving as a connection for the empire to it's extramundrial holdings. You would need two. Check out the book On Oblivion.
>>
File: 1469542783520.jpg (91KB, 624x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469542783520.jpg
91KB, 624x600px
>>51884530
Start with the greeks > Aquinas > Descartes > Wittgenstein > Camus
>>
>>51884710
I appreciate your response but I posted it in /tgesg/ for scrolls-related """philosophers"""
probably should've worded it better sorry
>>
>>51884325
You could always make the trip to Battlespire by magical (or rocket if you want to be flashy and lolDwemer, though I'm pretty sure any kind of airtight airship would work) space ship. It's not even in Oblivion, so getting there should be pretty easy.
>>
>>51884696
I was under the impression The Weir Gate was just the thing in the atrium of the Battlespire. Interesting.

I've read On Oblivion, as well as The Doors To Oblivion (which gave me some interesting ideas for other mods), but neither of them were very specific on this.

Well, at any rate, I don't plan to recreate Cyrodiil, so that's out of the question. Any ideas for how the player could get there? I'd like this to be as lore-friendly as possible, but I know woefully little about the specifics of things like teleportation in TES.

>>51884818
As I understand it, the Battlespire isn't quite in Mundus either, is it? It's in some strange liminal space on the edge of Mundus and Oblivion.

>>51884800
Just read the 36 Lessons, brah.
>>
>>51884800
>scrolls-related philosophers
.. Huh. Well, there's Vivec, and.. Err..

Asking for philosophy specific to a fictional universe is a lot to ask, even when that fictional universe is as well developed as Mundus.
>>
>>51884839
The phrase "report to the nearest Weir Gate" appears in the Sword-Meeting with Tiber, so it's likely that they connect Battlespires, of which there were at one time more of.

In the game, a character was going to fly his dragon back to Nirn from it, so it is possible to travel from the liminal fringe it's in.
>>
>>51884908
>The phrase "report to the nearest Weir Gate" appears in the Sword-Meeting with Tiber, so it's likely that they connect Battlespires, of which there were at one time more of.
It seems more likely to me that there were multiple gates, all linked to the one Battlespire. At any rate, that makes my life loads easier.

>In the game, a character was going to fly his dragon back to Nirn from it, so it is possible to travel from the liminal fringe it's in.
As cool as that might be, my plan is to scale/recolor the effect used in Skyrim for the portal to Sovngarde at the end of the MQ. It looks really cool, and pretty closely matches the Weir Gate graphics from Battlespire.
>>
>>51884864
You have the Dissidents, the Psijics, Sotha Sil, Hunding, the Greybeards/Jurgen, the Ternion monks, Kagrenac, the Temple of the Two-Moons Dance, the Mane/Rid-Thar-ri'Datta, Mankar, and the Whirling Schools, but most of those are either organizations or figures who are other things in addition to philosophers.
>>
>>51884974
>It seems more likely to me that there were multiple gates, all linked to the one Battlespire. At any rate, that makes my life loads easier.
Actually, never mind, reading through Tiber Septim's Sword Meeting with Cyrus they do indeed say that there were multiple Battlespires at one point.

Still, this makes it pretty easy to explain, so thanks.
>>
>>51884839
Yeah, it's not in Mundus, but rather on border between Oblivion and Mundus called slipstream. It can still be still be accessed by flying there (like all outer realms) since Battlespire itself was moved there (from Nirn presumably) in the first place.

Most lore friendly way to get there (given that gates are destroyed) would be either a Sunbird or Mothship, but first one is too hard to do since we really have no idea what they are and genetically engineered Moths used for Mothships (it was Reman era technology) are probably extinct. Something similar to Mothship might be good idea though.

Also, afaik powerful mages can levitate (or teleport) themselves to Oblivion and survive there by protecying themselves with magic. This requires like Imperial Battlemage tier skills though.
>>
>>51885046
>(given that gates are destroyed)
When were they destroyed? According to The Doors to Oblivion, the Weir Gate to the Battlespire featured in the game was still functional after the events of the game, and after the Empire gathered and destroyed the daedric crescents.
>>
>>51882299
If I ever were to run forum games in which everyone controls and roleplays as a nation, I'd base it around the Illiac Bay. The place is great for that sort of thing.
Alternatively ancient Elsweyr.

>>51884325
Look into the Star Galley.
You could find it crashed, rebuild it, and then travel back to the Battlespire.

>>51884530
Philosophy never really grew distinct from theology in Tamriel, so read religious texts.

>>51884839
The Battlespire is in the Twilit.
>>
>>51885106
Y'know, it's been ages since I played Battlespire and I forget most of it. Now that it's coming back, what exactly IS the Star Galley. It's referred to as a ship, but it's pretty unconventional if that's the case. Why would it be needed just to go to a different section of the Battlespire? Why not just, y'know, build some stairs?

and would it really be capable of traveling the distances required to go from Nirn to the Battlespire?
>>
Should I join the Dawnguard or the Vampires
>>
>>51885211
It is a ship of some sort, I'm pretty sure of that.
It's admittedly questionable if the thing really can travel from Tamriel to the Battlespire, but it wouldn't surprise me if it could, seeing as it can fly through the Twilit from one section of the Battlespire to another. I don't know why it's needed, but at least it works.
The greater problem is that it seems to have a set route, or that's how I remember it, meaning it just flies back and forth between two points. But I think you could handwave that by saying that it's broken down, and by rebuilding it you're able to reset one of its two "anchor points" to a place in Tamriel.
Really, it's just a cool throwback to Battlespire that feasibly could be believed to be capable of magical flight. I certainly wouldn't question it.

Of course, you could always fly to the Battlespire if you had a willing dragon. Dragonne Papre was capable of flying Samar Starlover back and forth.
>>
>>51885391
Yes
>>
>>51882299
Wayrest is a quaint little port town and all I'm sure, lovely Temple to Akatosh. Though it just can't compare to Daggerfall, and our magnificent Temple of Kynareth. The Knights of the Rose are impressive, but again they cannot match the discipline, valor and chivalry that the Knights of the Dragon possess.
>>
>>51885391
I always go with the "good guy" option, not just because it's what I'd do as well as what any sane person would do, but also because writing Believable evil hasn't been a Bethesda strong suit since House Dagoth.
>>
>>51885448
I still like Camlorn more. Sounds like a really nice place from the way Mystery of Talara describes it.
>>
>>51885448
What about the Order of the Raven, Anon?
Surely they are one of the bay's most prestigious and fabled knightly orders.
>>
>>51885500
More like decadent and lacking in class, does your mother know you're reading those Mystery of Talara tomes?
>>
>>51885522
She's dead senpai, part of the reason I'm an adventurer as well as a convenient way of stopping the DM from pulling bullshit.
>>
>>51885394
I'm reading through some of the script and plot from Battlespire, and it seems pretty easy to handwave.

After the destruction of the Battlespire, the Star Galley lost connection with its mooring (the anchors), and was set adrift in the Void. Eventually, it fell to Nirn, and crashed somewhere in Skyrim. A mage of some kind picked up its magical signature, and has enlisted you to help him with it for reasons. With the right magic, the Galley can be repaired bound to the Battlespire again, and allow travel there. However, it's a one-way trip. For the Galley to leave the Battlespire, it would again have to be freed of its mooring, and there's no guarantee that'd you make it back to Nirn.

In order to get back, the player would have to alter the Weir Gate to send them to some location in Skyrim. Maybe the mage would have something set up in Tamriel that would function as a endpoint for the Gate after you modify it, allowing you to travel freely back and forth.

This is nice, because it would lock the player into the Battlespire, and force them to find their way out. I still don't know what's going to happen IN the Battlespire or why, but this is good progress.
>>
>>51885513
Yes, the Order of the Raven has some of the best warriors in the land and I would proudly stand shoulder to shoulder with the knights who freed the land from the Camoran Usurper.
>>
>>51885547
>a convenient way of stopping the DM from pulling bullshit
Has anyone here ever had a DM that's actually done something like that? I know the stories, but it's never happened to me.

I've played both orphans and characters with large families, and it's never become relevant outside of a more general threat against their town/city. Like right now, in my current campaign my character has living parents and like three older brothers, and they're all doing just fine.
>>
>>51885469
And once I do everything, how should I "retire" my character as begin a new chapter in his life?
>>
>>51884102
Have they confirmed why Seyda Neen somehow exists, or why Sotha Sil is full of dwemer shit?
>>
>>51885854
Hlaalu trading town and possibly a holdover from old Reman era outposts that were established in 2920.

Sotha Sil is full of dwemer stuff because they're basing stuff off some of SSE's ideas, and this particular one is he collects any oddities and stores them. The dwemer stuff are weird dwemer robots he's stolen, his collection has just gotten loose in this context.
>>
>>51885876
>ESO's clockwork city dungeon is the players breaking into and stealing his dwemer weeb figurines
>>
>Argonians = Africans
>Khajiit = Bedouins
>Altmer = Ubermensch
>Bosmer = Native Americans
>Dunmer = Jews
>Nords = Norse/vikings/scandinavians
>Imperials = Romans
>Bretons = British
>Redguards = Moors
>Dwemer = Babylonians
>Ayleids = Greeks
>Orcs = Mongolians
rate/critique my autism
>>
>>51885950
You need to go back.
>>
>>51885932
It's true. The real reason why he was so secluded by Morrowind's time is he was depressed over losing his limited edition Zhabararatatal figurine, the one with the removal mechanical panties. Took him ages to track that one down.
>>
>>51885950
good list tbqh

but you failed to make one important distinction colovian imperials are based off Romans and Nibenean Imperials are based off Greeks.
>>
>>51885950
Isn't Breton a French term?
>>
>>51885876
>from old Reman era outposts that were established in 2920.
The treaty with Morrowind only gave the Empire control of the eastern coast and some strategic fortresses in the mainland.
Very unlikely they would be allowed to set up actual outposts on Vvardenfell.
>>
>>51886085
Doesn't preclude the possibility though.
>>
>>51886085
Actually, that treaty specifically named several of the forts they wanted, and some were on Vvardenfell.
>>
>>51886130
>“Not necessarily,” said the Prince. “You don't want to give us Morrowind, and I can't fault you for that. But I must have your coastline to protect the Empire from overseas aggressions, and certain key strategic border castles, such as this one, as well as Ald Umbeil, Tel Aruhn, Ald Lambasi, and Tel Mothrivra.”

>Tel Aruhn

Huh. Guess they did occupy Vvardenfell.
Okay, so why is Vivec city not being constructed until now?
>>
does it ever snow in morrowind
>>
>>51886187
in solstheim it does. In TES Arena which had seasons it snowed in the northern parts of Vvardenfell and the mainland.
>>
>>51886187
It doesn't snow anywhere outside of Skyrim, dummy. Did you even play the games?
>>
>>51886130
Tel Aruhn isn't really on Vvardenfell though. Most of those Telvanni Towers built off Azura's Coast have stood for millenia, so it seems doubtful that area was ever really a part of the Temple preserve.
>>
>>51885591
The difference between a good DM and a bad DM is astounding. That being said it's a trope, and happened with one of the players in game wife.
>>
>>51886219
>what are snowcapped mountains
>what is Bruma in Oblivion
>what are the first 2 games which had seasons
all games since daggerfall start in the fall and stay that way no matter what month it is
>>
>>51886022
Bretons are real life french people and they're pretty much ported to TES almost unchanged. Even worse so than Nords being irl vikings and well nords.
>>
>>51886022
French/English. That being said, they represent a lot of Western Europe in general.
>>
>>51886252
The temple preserve didn't exist as a concept until Tiber Septim's time really. That was the actual point when Vvardenfell was considered off-limits.
>>
>>51886219
Highrock and Cyrodiil. Checkmate Nordies.
>>
>>51886277
i always saw them as representatives of medieval europe with some celtic influence
>>
>>51886268
Except they have literal Scotsmen, and even some Germanic names. They're Sto Lat.
>>
>>51886267
>what is a joke about bethesda's shitty game design
>>
>>51886253
What happened to her?
>>
>>51885950
>>Dunmer = Jews
THIS
>entire morrowind storyline is basically the Roman occupation of israel
>get holocausted in skyrim
>>
File: 1471524236547.jpg (69KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1471524236547.jpg
69KB, 640x628px
>>51885950
>This

Dunmer and Khajiit are original(tm) and should be treated like it.
>>
>Comparig Khajiit to nomads like bedouins or gypsies
You know that they have their own country?
>>
>>51886472
>bedouins don't have their own kingdoms
>>
>>51886482
they don't
>>
>>51886482
Khajiit don't live like nomads in their own province.
>>
>>51886573
Well, some of them do. But not most.
>>
>>51886284
Ken Rolston seems to disagree
>Before the Empire, all of Vvardenfell was held in trust for the people of Morrowind by the Temple, with a small settlement for each of the local Great Houses -- Hlaalu, Redoran, and Telvanni.
If I had to guess, the organization of Vvardenfell as a preserve as of the Armistice was more of an official understanding between the Empire and Temple. Before then it was just a known thing amongst the Houses, that Vvardenfell was Holy land and therefore off limits.
>>
>>51886932
>all of Vvardenfell was held in trust for the people of Morrowind by the Temple, with a small settlement for each of the local Great Houses -- Hlaalu, Redoran, and Telvanni.

That's already contradicted by Morrowind though, with multiple settlements having existed pre-Empire
>>
>>51887109
In what way is that contradictory? The quote states Hlaalu, Redoran, and Telvanni, each had a small settlements (Balmora, Aldruhn, and Sadrtih mora, respectively) on Vvardenfell prior to the Empire's involvement.
>>
>>51887210
It said settlement, not settlements. We know there's lots of other towns and such that predate the Empire.
>>
>>51886932
>>51887109
>>51887210
This is simply a measure that was put into place some time after ESO, which still makes it hundreds of years old.
>>
>>51887256
Yep. Like I said, the actual lore even in Morrowind seems to indicate the actual off-limits part of Vvardenfell was signed with the Septim dynasty, but before that travel was still semi-restricted.
>>
>>51886472
Gypsies have Romania
>>
>>51887746
No, they don't. They're like 30% of the general population, and is what Orcs are to High Rock.
>>
>>51888082
A maggot infested cyst
>>
File: UT8JWc7XplXXXagOFbXv.jpg (2MB, 2025x675px) Image search: [Google]
UT8JWc7XplXXXagOFbXv.jpg
2MB, 2025x675px
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>51889408

The symbols coming out of his mouth, is that some sort of tonal magic?
>>
>>51889408
Here's the full version, that one was cropped for a custom mousepad I ordered
>>
>>51889882
I guess it's just some spell
>>
>>51889882
it's called Zu-um
>>
Why is this general so slow?
>>
>>51890521
this has been a particularly slow friday
>>
>>51890521
It's Friday. Loredas is the Lore Day.
>>
>>51886342
Held hostage. She died when another player charged the badguy despite the fact I was a ranger with my bow already drawn who just needed to roll.
>>
File: 1487546692550.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487546692550.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Whose side are YOU on????
>>
>>51890929
the only one whos not a nigger of course
>>
>>51890929
t. Cyrus Barbosa
>>
>>51887109
>That's already contradicted by Morrowind though, with multiple settlements having existed pre-Empire
Which ones?
>>
>>51890929
>we wuz kangz x2
Gee whiz I wonder.
>>
File: 1487800105640.png (79KB, 318x395px) Image search: [Google]
1487800105640.png
79KB, 318x395px
>>51892885
t. elf-fucker
>>
>>51893115
Hey-O!
>>
File: herma mora.gif (389KB, 336x363px) Image search: [Google]
herma mora.gif
389KB, 336x363px
it's not time to die
>>
>>51891856
Pretty much all the Telvanni towers except for Aryon's (which is situated next to what appears to be First Era settlement given the Velothi architecture), but it's debatable are they technically on Vvardenfell. Also, Vivec of course, but that's Temple business.
>>
>>51895115
>which is situated next to what appears to be First Era settlement given the Velothi architecture
Not necessarily First Era but
>Vos is an old Velothi farm village in the Grazelands. Dunmer have farmed here for centuries.
Given that the village is dominated by the Temple and is built completely in Velothi style, it most likely was Temple territory before Aryon happened, so there's no contradiction with Vvardenfell being a Temple preserve.

>but it's debatable are they technically on Vvardenfell
Exactly.
>>
It is slow indeed
>>
File: zizekmorrowind.jpg (1MB, 3560x1528px) Image search: [Google]
zizekmorrowind.jpg
1MB, 3560x1528px
>>51884530
>>
>Skyrim features two kinds of Falmer armor
>None of them are Dwemer brass inspired

This annoys me more than it should. Maybe I just subconsciously want the falmer to be sentient.
>>
>>51896384
Even blind retards know better than trying to imitate Dwemer.
>>
>>51896403
I was under the impression that Dwemer LARPing was real
>>
>>51896384
They're monsters
>>
File: Falmer bridge.jpg (71KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
Falmer bridge.jpg
71KB, 500x230px
>>51896441
They're enemies, yes, but they're not that stupid. They've poisons, the ability to manipulate insect exoskeletons, magic.. Not too much of a stretch for them to actually do something with all the junk in their home enviroment.
>>
>>51896481
They're intelligence is lacking, that's for sure.
Maybe a couple centuries breeding above ground will fix w/e issues the mushrooms caused.
>>
>>51885469
>tfw the believable evil factions that they do put in can't be joined
>>
>>51885816
Just buy a house, fill it with relics, and marry that sweet young girl from the nearby village. Be the kind old elder.
>>
>>51896408
Last time I saw a dweaboo it was Dagoth. Didn't work out that well for him in the end, no?

Dwemer tech is always like this, it's a slippery slope. First you use the small gadgets like tonal shaving razors or geothermal bidets because come on, just look how convenient these are! what can go wrong? And it's only after you build a giant robot powered by the hert of the biggest asshole in the Universe you might realize that you fucked up beyond all repairs.
>>
>>51896523
Vivec was the true villain in the end. He used the heart to hold the moon up and then poof it destroys Vvardenfell.
What did Dagoth really do? Cause cancerous mutations and attempted to bring everyone together under one banner. Yeah really bad considering the outcome.
>>
File: 1482540890149.png (12KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
1482540890149.png
12KB, 243x243px
>>51896523
>Last time I saw a dweaboo it was Dagoth
Sotha Sil?
The dude with the airship in Solstheim?
Septimus Sigmus?
>>
>>51896562
See the common pattern?
>>
>>51896567
Failures?
>>
>>51885950
>>>/v/
>>
>>51896481

> but they're not that stupid

Building bridges over endless chasms with out any railing isn't smart.
Especially if you're blind.
>>
>>51896490
the mushrooms didn't do shit
you can talk to Gelebor about the fate of the Falmer and he says their current state happened over numerous generations and that it's basically irreversible
>>
>>51896912
Building bridges withotu railings is better than not building bridges.

Besides, they're basically quadrupedal. They probably have good balance.
>>
How big is Tamriel compared to europe?
>>
File: Nirn_Map_Lady_Nerevar.jpg (157KB, 1000x462px) Image search: [Google]
Nirn_Map_Lady_Nerevar.jpg
157KB, 1000x462px
>>51897275
About 2x bigger. But estimations vary on source.
But the idea is that it's bigger but not enormous compared to it.
>>
>>51897474

Is that accurate? It would Skyrim huge, but due to how small it is in game (not to mention the size of the cities) I have trouble wrapping my head around it.
>>
>>51897556
It's been vetted by active and inactive developers, so it's closer than anything else so far.

It's openly admitted by Bethesda that the games are massively scaled down. It's no secret that Whiterun has more than 30 people living in it.
>>
>>51897556
It should be obvious for TES games.
Whiterun would be the size of Whiterun Hold and Dragonsreach would the size of in-game Whiterun.

The lands in the games are scaled down versions of the ones lore. It's impossible to make them comparable unless you make it randomly generated with graphics like Daggerfall.
>>
>>51897657
>>51897679

Right, yeah. I'm just my imaging the cities and towns being so far apart. There must be more than what's shown in the games then, right? Otherwise trade and war would be a logistical nightmare.
>>
>>51897706
Definitely, yeah. There are a few mentions in books and things like the Pocket Guides of very large distances between, for example, Ur and Almalexia, much larger than we see in the game. The populations, numbers of towns and cities, height of the mountains and so on would all logically be scaled up with the landscape. For every one NPC you see, there are realistically thousands more.
>>
>>51897757

Understandable. Despite improvements in technology, devs still need to decide if they want to dedicate more time and resources to the map and map size or to other aspects of the game.
>>
>>51896408
It was atleast in Morrowind. Telvanni did it and Empire did it too with Mages Guild even having massive Dweaboo guild leader on their ranks.
>>
>>51896494
It was supposed to be joinable, but they ran out of time (making Dagoth ending to fit with "continue playing" was too much) and thus basically scrapped lots of things.
>>
>>51897679
Even Daggerfall is scaled down. The cities aren't that big, Daggerfall City just has 306 buildings.
>>
>>51895178
There is another inconsistency and that is that the 36 Lessons mention Gnisis being a thing.
Though given there is an important Temple there, it could have originally been a religious commune.
>>
>>51898197
Gnisis has two of Seven Graces pilgrimage sites, so I'd think yes.
>>
>>51898110
Very much this and I'm glad people are starting to realize it.
Daggefall has an at least 2:1 timescale and the fasttravel times by boat and horse are far longer than how long it would take to actually walk their in-game.

Daggerfall is not even built to scale
>>
>>51898257
>realize it
It's not like the game isn't upfront about it. In-game books say the population of the city is well over 100 000 people.
>>
If you could choose one of the 500 Companions to help fight Alduin, who would it be?

Karkux the Tower of Meat here, 'cause not even Alduin could probably eat him.
>>
Anyone got any tips for playing TES I: The Arena, or Battlespire?
>>
>>51898391
I wonder if full-size cities is the "technological issue" that Todd was talking about for TES 6.
>>
>>51900355
I thought they wanted moving environments, possibly the moving trees of Valenwood (which would be ambitious for ANY video game company, much less bethesda) or maybe just more moving platforms and such, like Apocrypha in dragonborn. Although I really don't like those kinds of puzzles, it's too much of a video game trope.
>>
Alright so this is question I've wondered about for a while, but never really thought of asking others because its not likely to have a conclusive answer. But I guess I'll ask for your opinions.

Is the term "Shezarrine," as its understood by the lore community, used correctly?
The term itself is only mentioned once in the 'Song of Pelinal' and in a singular individual form (much like as one would refer to 'the Nerevarine'), rather than plural form as people often seem to use it.

It seems to me like the term would more correctly be attributed to individuals who are believed to have a direct connection to Shezarr, like Pelinal and Arctus, rather than say Wulfharth, and that a better term to refer to the whole would be 'avatars of Lorkhan' or another like name.
>>
>>51900299
Masochism
>>
>>51900299
In the custom class creation for Battlespire, there's at least two different places/tabs/whatever to choose potions. Their cost in CC points aren't the same between all of these. Add here, sell back there, add here...

And keep an eye out for the Thongs of the Horned Fist.
>>
>>51901508
>Thongs of the Horned Fist.
What is that?
>>
>>51900299
Magic will make Arena a lot less painful.
Any particular things you're wondering about?
>>
>>51901541
I'm going with a warrior playthrough
>>
>>51901192
I know that in the Yokudan creation myth says that Sep (their name for Lorkhan) could "slink around in dead skin," which I think is supposed to be direct reincarnation.
But that's just my thoughts on it.
>>
>>51901564
My condolences. Potions are your friends.

>>51901605
Khajiit also have the same belief.
>>
>>51901192
The -ine suffix appears to denote "incarnation." It's probably a Nibenese word. The term Shezarrine is murky enough to be used to refer to a collective oversoul, because we really don't know the details, but it's entirely possible the term is being used incorrectly.
>>
>>51901541

going full magic only confirms that Talin/The Eternal Champion was Ocato
>>
I cant get fucking OBS to record Battlespire. I tried window capture, game capture, and screen capture. It wont work
>>
>>51901564
Stock up on potions (bought in mages guilds), as the games inventory works by amount of different items, you can hold as many of a certain type of potion as you wish.
Make sure you always have a couple of free-action potions with you as paralysis is your worst enemy.
>>
>>51901192
I think that strictly speaking you're right in that Shezarrine specifically refers to one cultural conception of an individual with a connection to the Lorkhan oversoul.
But at the same time, it's used correctly enough. Sure, those incarnations from other cultures could perhaps be called "Shorites", "Lorkhajites", "Sepites", or something to that nature, but it's basically all the same concept.

It's like how the term "tea" strictly speaking only truly applies to infusions made from camellia sinensis, but in common parlance we use it about every kind of herbal infusion. And for common speech, that's good enough, since it's broadly speaking the same thing.
>>
>>51900299
save a lot
>>
>>51902848
That much I knew
>>
>>51902906
Save before you go swimming. Getting paralysed in/over water is instant death.
>>
So I'm writing an Elder Scrolls thing, but I don't know anything about the games before morrowind.

Where can I find an infodump/walkthrough/wiki that tells me enough about the earlier games and the unique stuff each one introduced to the setting?
>>
>>51903386
If you want the specifics you need to do your own work. That's just how it is for those games.
But I'd start with TIL, which has a storyline walkthrough of each and every game.
>>
>>51903386
UESP, TIL. TIL has a Daggerfall guide, probably. Daggerfall introduced some of the names used in the series, an early version of the Brief History of the Empire and the Numidium. Arena was, of course, the first game to name the provinces and so on.
>>
>>51902906
>Daggerfall
http://uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Main_Quest
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Books
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/daggerfall-narrative
(Daggerfall Manual) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2tnhYV9oZMVNWlvRE53NmxHdUU/view
(Daggerfall Chronicles) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2tnhYV9oZMVOVFXdUhoMmF3R2c/view

>Arena
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Quest_(Arena)
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/elder-scrolls-arena-storyline
http://tes.riotpixels.com/arena/files/arena-manual.pdf
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/introduction-lar%C3%A8na
(Text Blocks in Arena) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2tnhYV9oZMVa2xlYzN4NEgxY1k/view

Hopefully the google docs links work.
>>
>>51903774
meant for
>>51903386
of course
>>
>>51903774
I'm pretty sure I have the Codex Scientia, if you want me to upload that somewhere.
>>
>>51903927
That would be cool!
>>
>>51903927
I have that too, but I don't think it contains any relevant lore.
>>
>>51903950
https://mega.nz/#!UccCDZpL!u-fXzuQpexDPn6X2AMBT8P7WThKtrTArBOhoIzbeY9s
Here you go.

>>51903956
There's a good chance that it doesn't really contain anything unique, but it's still nice to have for the sake of completion.
>>
>>51896367
He said GOOD philosophers.
>>
>Be a Breton girl
>Want to be a great warrior and not another merchant like my father
>Pick out a Claymore
>Its as long as I am tall
>Everyone laughing
Its not fair!
>>
>>51904688
do u have autism
>>
>>51904730
Everyone on 4chan has mental issues
>>
>>51904688
Join a knightly order.
>>
>>51904730
Autism is a requirement for deeplore.
>>
>>51904688
Roleplaying is for faggots and Bretons should be genocided
>>
From a meta sense, what do you think were Indoril Nerevar's skills and attributes?
>>
>>51905139
Density: 100
>>
>>51905139
Probably focused on long blade, medium armor and speechcraft
>>
>>51905139
Speechcraft, Mysticysm, Spear, Archery, Medium Armor, Athletics, Acrobatics
>>
>>51905263
>spear
>>
>>51905139
>>51905219
>>51905263
Don't forget Axe.
>>
I want an Elder Scrolls: The Tiber Wars animated series
>>
So how rich was it when the xenophobic, slaving, and arrogant Dunmer had Vivec and Vvardenfell rendered uninhabitable and were forced to beg those they think are N'wahs for refuge and shelter? And for their former slaves to get payback by conquering the south of their precious Morrowind?

Do you think the Dunmer culture would have become much more humble by then? Break their little arrogant shell a bit?
>>
>>51905732
>xenophobic, slaving
Nothing wrong with this
>>
>>51905732
The opposite.
>>
>>51905443
That's like a 50 year period anon
>>
>>51905769
Hi, /pol/.
>>
File: spalplaspdll.png (3KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
spalplaspdll.png
3KB, 192x192px
>>51905732
>rock crashes into Vvardenfell
>Vvardenfell kasplodes
>Argonians dance on the ashes and claim it as a victory
lizards
>>
>>51905937
They didn't invade Vvardenfell or Vivec, they invaded southern Morrowind.
>>
>>51905953
They completely sacked Vos.
>>
>>51906026
Well they still had to get through the south where it wasn't affected, so they still had to beat the Dunmer.
>>
>>51905870
Hi, /fur/.
>>
>>51906258
Nice one, bro!
>>
>>51905419
In his artwork he's depicted with a spear in one of them. Trueflame is probably his true weapon though. I picture Nerevar as a a warrior who's adept with most weapons, but also dabbled in magic. If we're talking premade classes he's probably closest to a spellsword.
>>
>>51905732
Dunmer were just about sitting on top of the cultural power scale before that happened. Nerevarine, sure their gods were gone, but the Blight was gone, strong king, meanwhile the Empire is falling apart.

Shit, even smashed as it was, it's still well on the way to recovery.
>>
>>51905732
conquest implies continued occupation
the Argonians were driven back almost immediately after the Redoran Guard mobilized itself after not needing a militia due to the Armistice
it's why House Redoran is the top dog in Dunmeri politics in the Fourth Era
>>
Nord - American
Imperial - Mexican
Breton - Asian
Redguard - Aferican
Argonian - Lizard
Khajjt - (Kitty) Cat
Orc - Monster
Elf's of Skyrim - Elfs that are not real
>>
>>51907291
>American
Who?
>>
File: Fag Killer.png (487KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
Fag Killer.png
487KB, 500x686px
Pelinal journeyed a distance far and fast,
to kill the fuck out of an Elf-man's ass.
The road ahead is filled with danger and fright,
but push onward Pelinal with all of your might.
>>
>>51897474

I didnt think you'd was so big or Akavir so small, and what the fuck is Lyg?
>>
>>51907645
Crabman Tamriel with a Crabtim empire and everything
>>
>>51900355

That would be cool. Or maybe not quite so big cities/populations, but massive open environments with still large (larger than we have now) cities towns.

On that same train of thought I'd like to see large scale battles. Something like LoTR, with thousands (hundreds) of NPCs on the field hacking, slashing, and magiking each other on an open field.

Destructible environments would be cool. Imagine the autists who dedicate months to chopping down all the trees in a forest.
>>
>>51905870

Well there's not.
>>
>>51907291
shitty list

>>51885950
THIS is the GOAT list
>>
>>51883477

Oh look, it's coming soon again!

There's no point in advertising it if it isint even done
>>
>>51885950
>Argonians = animals
>Khajiit = animals
>Altmer = Habsburgs
>Bosmer = forest Inuits
>Dunmer = nazi Jews
>Nords = North Europeans
>Imperials = Weaboo Romagreek Persislavs
>Bretons = West Europeans
>Redguards = Gayniggers from Outer Space
>Dwemer = Fedorassyrians
>Ayleids = Bird Aztecs
>Orcs = Turds

Fixed.
>>
>>51900355
I doubt it, it's not been a priority so far and for full size cities you would need full size provinces
To begin with it's not really a technical issue so much as an issue of time and effort, for a giant world environment not to come off as total shit you'd need to basically handcraft it and nobody has time to waste on that
Not to mention it would need to be filled with enough content that it doesn't just feel like an empty wasteland
>>
>>51885950
Will this fucking meme die, holy shit
>>
>>51908448
H-harambe?
>>
>>51897556
It's not accurate, it's about two to three times bigger than the official size.
>>
>Argonians= vietnam
>khajiit=south italians
>ALTMER = EU
>bosmer =Paedophiles
>Dunmer = SoCal
>nords=GLASGOW
>Imperials = /his/+/pol/+/biz/
>bretons= Camelot
>Red Guards = Wu-Tang Clan
>Dwemer = ????
>Ayleids=dinosaurs
>Orcs=rapefugees

Is this correct?
>>
>>51908549
yes
>>
File: woke history of Cyrodiil.jpg (383KB, 1029x774px) Image search: [Google]
woke history of Cyrodiil.jpg
383KB, 1029x774px
>>51908549
>Red Guards
>not Kangs
dafuq is this shiet
>>
>>51907201
>the Argonians were driven back almost immediately after the Redoran Guard mobilized itself after not needing a militia due to the Armistice

Source on that, cause if they were driven back the refugees should be living in southern Morrowind now, instead of the Grey Quarter.
>>
>>51908549
No, this is not correct. This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to real events, locations or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
>>
>>51908706
Those are refugees from Vvardenfell.
>>
>>51908706
books and dialogue in Dragonborn, particularly that Adril Arano
>Grey Quarter
full of shitters who can't even do something as simple as till a field
there's even a book in Skyrim that talks about the difference of attitude between the Dunmer of the Grey Quarter and the Dunmer elsewhere, particularly in Riften where they've seamlessly integrated

and what the other guy said, they were out of Vvardenfell and had relocated to Skyrim before the Argonian attack
>>
File: other4.png (52KB, 635x484px) Image search: [Google]
other4.png
52KB, 635x484px
playing arena. have full health and fatigue. getting this when i want to travel, and dying upon traveling. What do?
>>
File: Bonemold various.jpg (58KB, 564x562px) Image search: [Google]
Bonemold various.jpg
58KB, 564x562px
Why does the standard Bonemold armor have a boar on the crotch if they're not all that native? (I mean I GUESS they could be on Mainland Morrowind.)

>>51908706
>>51908841
True, but they may be overstating how far back the Argonians were driven as Redoran patriots.
>>
>>51908931
Disease?
>>
>>51908939
You could argue it's Alit fangs or Kagouti tusks.
>>
>>51908949
how do i check if im diseased?
>>
>>51908961
With that nose? Eh, maybe the ESO version.

maybe an Alit, but they curve pretty majorly and seem to root to the main skull since the other teeth are "Below" them.

I wonder if those are actual tusks stuck into a stylized molded skull or if they're the same molded bone-and-resin mixture as the rest.
>>
>>51908949
>>51908978
Oh I figured it out. I have leprosy. How do I get cured?
>>
>>51908997
Potion of cure disease, or go to a temple.
>>
File: 1413740004506.png (328KB, 497x658px) Image search: [Google]
1413740004506.png
328KB, 497x658px
>>51908997
Can't you just
>>
>>51908939
>Redoran

No more likley its dunmer fans overstating the redoran reconquista.
For what we know from dragonborn the argonians sitll settle in southern morrowind and are s close to mournhold that thecouncil moved away from there and to blacklight.

Too many dunmer fanboys just dont understand that constantly beeing fucked up by fate is the whole point of the Dunmer.
this time the argonians won big time, theres a reason neloth is still on solstheim.
>>51907201
See above. This is actually false, in Dragonborn we hear of argonians settling in morrowind and launching raids on nearby dunmer villages.
Just like that, the wife of the argonian tavern keeper in rifton is said to have family in morrowind.

Most likley the argonians are like the Anglo saxons, living among the native population in their own villages and occasionally raiding them. There probably is no defined border, rather a large bufffer zone where both races live with their own laws.
We also know that the Argonians revere the Scathing Bay means they have to have gotten to the inland sea one way or another.

People just need to accept that dunmer thrive on hardship, quit making redoran into mary sues who can beat anyhting.

>>51908990
Boars might be a think in mainland morrowind, at least in the velothi mountains.
could also be something they stole from nord settlers in northern vvardenfell, remember theyve been there for a while.

Other than that it could have a daedric meaning.
It could depict Malacath, i dont know why they would put malacath on their dick but given how strange the dunmer are this could actually be the intention "My dick is outcast and out for revenge" or something.
>>
File: dunmer.png (107KB, 790x768px) Image search: [Google]
dunmer.png
107KB, 790x768px
>>51909097
>"My dick is outcast and out for revenge"
Literally bedt uprising.
>>
>>51909013
Thank you
>>
>>51909097
>what we know from dragonborn the argonians sitll settle in southern morrowind
source?

>Neloth
he resettled before the Red Mountain even erupted, his current botanist talks about leaving her mother on the docks in Vvardenfell and arriving to a fully-grown Tel Mithryn
>>
>>51905770
This. Nothing like getting bitchslapped around by your subhuman manservant to get you into a frothing rant about how utterly shit everyone else is compared to your illustrious majesty, and that even WITH this cock in your mouth you're a billion times more dignified and refined than the uncouth savage currently skullfucking you.
>>
>>51908841
>Adril Arano
>Quite a while ago, yes. They cut a bloody swath across most of the southern region of Morrowind. Nobody seems certain why it happened... an attempt at expansion, revenge for the enslavement of their people or perhaps both. Whatever the case may be, thousands of Dunmer needlessly lost their lives and many more were exiled from their homeland.

Since he mentioned they were exiled, that shows that not all are from Vvardenfell. He doesn't mention driving them back outright.
>>
>>51909140
Be careful while fighting undead and rats, they're filled with disease. Also were creatures will infect you with their were-disease.

Just get a cure disease spell.
>>
>>51909097
and maybe you should stop treating argonians as mary sues as well considering they only try snuff the dunmer after the Red Year when they're caught with their pants down.

the reason why they moved the Council to Blacklight because the place was sacked. Again. And moving out to Blacklight would sure as fuck gives Redoran a bigger edge than they would have on Indoril's turf when it comes to making decisions. It's all politics with that one and Redoran has currently one of the biggest influence of the Great Houses in Morrowind. I wouldn't say Redoran didn't fuck the Argonians sideways but sure as heck they put a stop to it before they cause any more damage.
>>
>Dunmer autists and Argonian wankers duke it out
>>
>>51909097
>theres a reason neloth is still on solstheim
Probably because he's doing research there and it's a bit further out of the way.

I doubt many/any of the Telvanni magisters were actually killed when Red Mountain exploded, they probably just levitated away and moved their towers and shit with them. Aryon's the only one who even might have a problem, and only then because he's a lot closer to Red Mountain than the rest. Divayth Fyr certainly wouldn't have given a shit.
>>
>>51909097
Neloth stuck to Soltheim because apparently heart stones only get spewed north, I guess they're light enough the prevailing winds dominate their trajectory or maybe they're drawn that way for mysterios reasons.
>>
>>51909719
he moved a few years before the Red Year actually happened though, the heart stones wouldn't have been on Solstheim when he got there

>>51909704
I wouldn't be surprised if he ditched Sadrith Mora due to rising anti-Imperial sentiment
>>
>>51909807
Do the Telvanni magisters even care about the Empire one way or the other? They never struck me as loving or hating it, they just want to do their research and weird shit. They don't even care enough for politics to meet personally, they have assistants to do it instead. And some of them (see: Divayth Fyr) don't even do that.
>>
>>51909807
Yeah, but they're his current main hobby.
>>
File: zizekvivec.png (301KB, 543x682px) Image search: [Google]
zizekvivec.png
301KB, 543x682px
>>51904305
>implying Zizek isn't a real life Vivec
>>
File: canisroottea.png (180KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
canisroottea.png
180KB, 400x558px
>>51896490
>They're intelligence is lacking
>They're
speak for yourself, Nord
>>
Are Palla and Mystery of Talara any good?
>>
File: redoranguard.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
redoranguard.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
>>51909097
GREAT HOUSE REDORAN has reconquered almost all of the territory taken by the filthy argonians

Our ally Indoril has been restored to its former glory, and we're still working on getting Dres their territory back. Thank Boethiah for house Redoran.
>>
File: 1470925490133.jpg (213KB, 954x838px) Image search: [Google]
1470925490133.jpg
213KB, 954x838px
>>51910872
>Our ally Indoril has been restored to its former glory
Ha-ha-ha.
No.
Fuck these false god suckups.
>>
>>51910955
>khajiit pelt hung on the tent wall
Savage
>>
>>51910986
Well, that's what the Dunmer are. Savage scum, barely more developed than Bosmer.
>>
>>51911017
Nice try, rug man.
>>
wtf does the Doht Sigil do in BATTLESPIRE? Google isn't helping
>>
making /tg/ tes threads a general, and linking said general to /tesg/ was a mistake

So much shitposting and the typical vibe of oh-so-clever meme fuckery. The old /tg/ tes community is dead.
>>
>>51911660
Solid post, lad
Good to see you're leading by example on how to keep a good thread
>>
>>51907645
Yokuda has been described as like, five times the size of Tamriel.

And that's not all of Akavir, just what's known, which is why it says extant.

Because the past is better known than the future.

>>51908503
There is no official size.

>>51911660
Yep.
>>
>>51911726
Case in point.
>>
>>51911736
You don't fix a shitposting problem by shitposting even more, you know
>>
>>51911757
Complaining about or pointing out a problem isn't shitposting. For the record, I'm not even the one who made the original post, I just agree with it. Shiposting would be
>WOW this place FUCKING SUCKS MODS WHEN MOOOOODS why is this alowd???
>>
>>51911726
Go ahead and read through this thread and tell me you don't smell the stench of /vg/ and reddit. I highly doubt any of these people post on /tg/ regularly or understand that the standards here are different

Look at this shit
>>51881961
>>51882010
>>51882208
>>51883307
>>51907291

>>51884530

Worthless post after worthless post.

And people aren't even memeing about CHIM and c0da yet, so this nightmare is just this the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>51881092
Anyone else thing that UESRPG clings too closely to the video game's mechanics? It's really convoluted and I think they should focus more on the feeling than the minutiae.
>>
>>51911798
Which edition have you tried?
>>
>>51911808
It was a while back, so maybe 1? I dunno.

Also fucking 4chan X, I can never tell when I leave my stupid /qst/ trip on.
>>
>>51911826
You could try the newest edition, it's been pretty much overhauled.
>>
>>51911783
It is when it's literally the same post every thread
Achieves absolutely nothing
Every time it's just "fucking /tesg/, everything is shit now, this general is dead" and what? They way you unfuck the thread is by thinking of something interesting to talk about, not just complaining about how nobody talks about anything interesting
>>
>>51911837
But why is it okay to have half a dozen joke "this fictional race is this actual race" posts followed by nothing but terrible memes from other boards?
>>
>>51911858
God, those posts are so cancerous. It's just asinine at best, /pol/ bait at worst.
>>
>>51907693
>Something like LoTR, with thousands (hundreds) of NPCs on the field hacking, slashing, and magiking each other on an open field.
Try Warband with a TES mod
>>
>>51910736
Yes, but don't expect any deep lore there. It's just Imperial romantic fiction.
>>
>>51911837
>by thinking of something interesting to talk about
The point is only one out of 20 posts are even trying to actually talk about TES lore.

and among the few that do, you have a handful of people casually passing off their headcanons/apocrypha as fact, which just muddies shit up for people who actually have an interest in learning or debating
>>
>>51911884
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ47LQhstg4
>>
>>51911946
Lore discussion has been always like that and that is just fine. In fact TES lore is supposed to be muddled mess of conflicting accounts.

Those who wish to learn lore should just read all of the in-game books from Morrowind, books by MK from Oblivion/Skyrim and MK's fanfics. That will make them more than qualified to join these "lore battles" for whose headcanon becomes the truth.
>>
Why is Illusion the worst school of magickal study? It's truly underwhelming.
>Mysticism
Manipulates the flow of magicka, allowing students to levitate, perform telekinesis, and absorb magicka. Used by the Psijiic monks to help them understand the complex inner-workings of Mundus.
>Alteration
Manipulates the body and mind into believing it is capable of tasks that should not be possible, such as deflecting a sword with bare skin, fortifying muscle mass to allow for larger loads to be carried long distances, and forcing your body to believe water is breathable.
>Destruction
Simple yet effective. A master of Destruction is able to vaporize any who stands in their path, bring down entire armies, or even light a fire for their teakettle while they cozy up with a book.
>Conjuration
Grants a mage an infinite amount of servant-help in the form of scamps, and much greater power through manipulation of Dremora and other powerful Daedra.
>Restoration
Skilled healers can bind life-threatening wounds in an instant, cure any disease magickal or otherwise, and even temporarily grant another increased proficiency within a school of study.
>Illusion
Used by degenerates to spy on their sisters in the bath and "coerce" their mothers into sexual acts with an entire band of roving Khajiits.
>>
>>51912236
>not using magic to fuck with other people's mental state
Destruction is the boring one.
>>
>>51900355
Stupid retard
>>
>>51912012
You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>51912236
>allowing students to levitate
Levitate is from the alteration school. I agree with the rest, even though they are all inferior to tonal architecture
>>
>>51912236
i had one of the greatest skyrim playthroughs as an argonian illusionist assasin. get other people to kill for you using fury. if you need the dmg use staffs only
>>
>>51889839
he's pissed because of the army of fucking blighted cliffraces flying around.
>>
>>51912347
Are you implying lore discussion hasn't been always about people shilling their own apocrypha, monkey truth or whatever? Or are you seriously saying that you do believe there's a real canon story in a series that is all about unreliable narrators?
>>
>>51912672
All of that is irrelevant. The fact that some people write fanfiction doesn't even begin to be relevant in this conversation. The fact that the series relies often on the concept of the unreliable narrator doesn't imply anything about the quality of the discussion of the lore. The fact that it's "supposed" to "be confusing" doesn't mean we should all either post like idiots or give up trying at all.

You also can't shill something you've made yourself if you're openly and publicly claiming to have made it.
>>
File: biD6doG.jpg (828KB, 862x3832px) Image search: [Google]
biD6doG.jpg
828KB, 862x3832px
>>
>>51912236
Mysticism is objectively best school in Morrowind. It has almost all you need and rest of stuff like levitation is provided by Alteration.

Most shit tier school isn't actually Illusion though. It's Conjuration which is useless because monster AI sucks and you're always more effective yourself than some summoned fuck. Only thing that school is good for is summoned weapons/armor and even those are actually only useful early game. It's also true horror to level up in a legit way and paying for training is only sane option.
>>
>>51912733
I'm not saying that we should give up our guest to crack the secrets of Bethesda's hidden "canon" by using little pieces we have. My point was just that because the "canon" is hidden, we can only offer and discuss our own interprations of the lore. This is why it's better to learn lore from official books and not from lore communities. It allows new lorebeards to make their own interprations rather than take our theories at face-value which leads to stagnation of ideas.
>>
>>51912771
?
>>
File: Thefedora.jpg (190KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
Thefedora.jpg
190KB, 1067x800px
>>51912771
You forgot Dwemer.
>>
>>51912775
>Most shit tier school isn't actually Illusion though. It's Conjuration
But it's not. Summon Hungers for debuffing and Golden Saints/Storm Atronachs/Dremora for tanking hits, going close to anything threatening as a mage will get you murdered on anything higher than standard difficulty
>>
>>51913052
>going close to anything threatening as a mage will get you murdered on anything higher than standard difficulty

No, it really doesn't. I hate to say this, but you need to git gud with Morrowind. It's ridiculously easy even on highest difficulty if you know what you're doing. Custom spells, crossbows (did you know that they get strength bonus?), potions(and selling them), enchanting(with potions for maximum kek) etc. There are so many ridiculously overpowered things in the game at your disposal that's it not even funny.
>>
>>51913152
>it's ridiculously easy if you break it
No shit.
>>
Also, regarding Illusion. In that school you have Chameleon which is basically one of those "I win" buttons (similar to Sanctuary and getting luck over 1000) in combat and it allows you to steal anything. There is also Night Eye which is extremely useful for dungeon crawling. And Calm Humanoid spell actually allows you to "clear" dungeons by using your speech skill! And also the most overpowered spell in Morrowind aka Sanctuary is part of Illusion school too. That's pretty heavy stuff there.
>>
>>51912968
Okay, that's fair. I now realize that you were mainly addressing the second point about interpretation and not the quality of the threads as a whole, sorry.
>>
>>51913284
No wonder Jagar Tharn managed to take over the Empire for 10 years. Dude could just study 1 school of magic all his life and become a freaking master
>>
>>51913184
How do you play a game that is broken in the first place without breaking it? Don't get me wrong. I love Morrowind and think it's best game in the series, but the it's system is so broken that it's just better to accept that being part of the game. Besides I always gimp myself and make intentionally shitty characters, so that I would have more challenge and most importantly more levels since with optimized character build you will max out your levels before completing all the game content.
>>
>>51913413
>Don't abuse alchemy
>Don't use soultrap glitch
There, you're no longer invincible. It's not that hard to avoid cheesing it
>>
File: 1436598523567.gif (2MB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
1436598523567.gif
2MB, 388x218px
>>51912771
Dwemer
>>
>>51913657
There are of more ways to be invincible in Morrowind. Those happen to be most boring ones, so I don't really use them aside alchemy purely for making money.

Still, I wouldn't equate soul trap glitch with alchemy abuse because alchemy is intended to stack and be practically unlimited. This is even referenced in books of the game. I don't know why they decided to go that route, but it's not a bug despite being ridiculous. Notably you can easily abuse alchemy even by drinking normal booze and that's pretty fun idea for drunken fighter themed character.
>>
>>51913911
>>51913657
soultrap glitch?
>>
>>51913911
Alchemy is the Royal Art, of course it should be capable of breaking the reality apart. They got it right in Morrowind, only afterwards did they decide to go down the route where alchemy is practiced by coal burners and frauds, thus being just shitty chemistry.
>>
>>51914274
Include targeted soul trap spell with another spell (usually a stat booster) and it will be permanent. That is if I recall correctly. It's been very long time I used it.
>>
>>51914416
Oh, I've never used that, feels like cheating
>>
>>51914274
Create a spell with:
Restore Health 5 points for 1 second on Self
Soul Trap for 0 seconds on Target

Cast on an inanimate target.
You how have permanent health regen.

DO NOT attempt with Waterwalking, bound weapons, Levitate, Absorb effects, or Chameleon. Use discretion when applying attribute buffs, Jump, summoned creatures, Telekinesis, or Sanctuary.
>>
>>51881092

if Lydia is balgruff's legitimate niece

why would he ask the LDB to take care of her as his housecarl, did he knew that the LDB would be a better teacher to her?

because the more you keep her ingame, she becomes less snarky and more helpful in everything, even more than the other followers ingame
>>
>>51885950
>>51908127
Sure, I'll throw my hat in the ring!
>Argonians = Amazon tribes, mesoamericans, aliens
>Khajiit = gypsy arabs and bedouin
>Altmer = anti-dwemer asiatic 'other' and chivalric european knights of the pre-renaissance era
>Bosmer = native americans, amazonian tribes, aborigines; basically every savage, primitive culture
>Dunmer = biblical jews, other bronze age mesopotamian cultures, Dune cultures
>Nords = basically everything said is right; scandinavians and shit (but also primitive shamanistic pre-historic europeans)
>Imperials = Mediterranean European cultures mostly, with germanic tones
>Bretons = medieval Brits and French
>Redguards = Japanese Moors/Polynesians
>Dwemer = Assyrians in style, mystic computer nerd cultists in practice
>Ayleids = remind me of the Dominion from Star Trek
>Orcs = samurai mongolians, jews
>>
>>51915358
Nords are viking Hindus.

Imperials don't really exist, but Colovians are Slavic.
>>
>>51914677
Only time I used it myself is when I got bored of having constant detect enchantment and detect key filling up my head slot, so I just glitched those. Reasoned it as Dwemer tonal magic that changed my character to be more in tune with fluctuations of enchanted items and magnetic signatures of keys.
>>
>>51915358
How are Altmer anti-dwemer? They want to undo reality just like Dwemer although for different reason and in a different way.
>>
>>51915434
And if we're lucky they'll achieve the same result
>>
>>51915434
Because they want to do it for different reasons and in a different way. They're not opposed to the dwemer, they are doing the same thing for different reasons and in a different way; because they are trying to do the same thing in a different way for different reasons, they are the not-dwemer. Different sides of the same coin.
>>
>>51915504
>>51915434
>Altmer: That river is my ancestor and my ancestor is a god which makes me a god.
>Dwemer: I don't even really believe that you're real or that we're talking right now.

>>51915480
Altmeri: Ancestroscythe
>>
Arkay sent me.
>>
Ebonarm sent me.
>>
An aspect of Sithis sent me.
>>
Speaking of Arkay, he's the patron deity of Orsinium in Daggerfall. I guess you could call him Orkey.
>>
I sent myself.
>>
File: tumblr_mwyr8hGZbK1qgc6j3o1_500.jpg (31KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwyr8hGZbK1qgc6j3o1_500.jpg
31KB, 500x366px
An aspect of Dibella sent me.
>>
>>51881092
The only TES game I've ever played is Skyrim, was magic always this boring?
>>
>>51915819
No.
>>
>>51915819
nope. Magic was cool when you could craft it yourself.
>>
>>51915819
Daggerfall spell list: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Magic_and_Spells
Morrowind spell list: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Spells
Oblivion spell list: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Spells
Skyrim's spell list: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Spells

Things that arent in skyrim: Conjure many different creatures, including daedra such as clannfears, daedroths, winged twilights, golden saints, and more; levitation; burden spells; and so much more
>>
>>51916893
>burden spells
Did anyone really use these over Damage Fatigue?
>>
>>51916962
>Damage Fatigue
Never used that either, just use Paralyze or something
>>
Are Khajiit elves or are Bosmer Khajiit?
>>
>>51917390
They're both subhumans
>>
>>51917390
The former.
>>
>>51917390
Yes.
>>
>>51917417
Khajiit are way better than humans.
>>
new thread?
>>
>>51918161
I dunno, not really any lore talk happening.
If people want it I guess, but I'd be fine if it doesn't happen.
>>
>>51917390
>khajiit are elves
when did this meme start khajiit have been beastfolk for as long as i can remember
>>
>>51918231
>when did this meme start
>>
>>51918231
Since forever?
>>
>>51918251
>>51918260
Why does the wiki say argonians and khajiit are beastfolk?
>>
>>51918312
Because that's what they're commonly held to be.
This isn't difficult, Anon.
>>
>>51918312
Because that's the actual (in-universe)
misinformation.

>And Azurah took some forest people who were torn between man and beast, and she placed them in the best deserts and forests on Nirni. And Azurah in her wisdom made them of many shapes, one for every purpose. And Azurah named them Khajiit and told them her Second Secret and taught them the value of secrets. And Azurah bound the new Khajiit to the Lunar Lattice, as is proper for Nirni's secret defenders. Then Azurah spoke the Third Secret, and the Moons shone down on the marshes and their light became sugar.
>>
>>51918346
Didn't people use to think Orsimer were beastfolk too?
>>
>>51918353
Cool. I always loved how TES lore has so many contradictions and mysteries like real history.
>>
>>51918362
Yeah.

>>51918377
It's really cool.
>>
>>51918362
Yes.
In fact, most people in the setting still think so. As do some Orcs, I'd wager.

Unlike "Man" or "Mer", "Beastfolk" doesn't really have one specific meaning. It just means a sufficiently advanced species that isn't Man or Mer. So if you don't know that Orcs are Orsimer, you call them beastfolk. It's just a way to describe someone.

For what it's worth, the Khajiit largely don't see themselves as Mer, so it's not like the distinction isn't somewhat justified. They just see themselves as their own thing, even if they believe that they're of Merish origins.
>>
Whatever happened to Orcish Trinimac worship? Is it still prevalent in the Fourth Era?
>>51918362
Orcs, Argonians and Khajiit are the "beastfolk." Orcs and Khajiit are both elves but not known to be by common folk. It's a scholarly distinction mostly. Neither Khajiit nor Orcs actually view themselves as elves. Argonians are the only actual Beastfolk.
>>
why do we only have these threads on weekends
>>
>>51918458
>Whatever happened to Orcish Trinimac worship? Is it still prevalent in the Fourth Era?
Probably less so after Orsinium was destroyed again.
>>
>>51918500
If you look into the archive, you'll see this is brought up every single weekend.
>>
>>51918353
So Azura created two races (dunmer and cats)? Also didn't the three good daedra told the dunmer that Lorkhan is a good guy? And the moons are Lorkhan's body, so, what's her relation with Lorkhan?
>>
>>51918500
/tesg/ knows it would be more popular than their waifu shit and is butthurt about the idea.
>>
>>51918353
Sauce?
>>
>>51918500
The quality of the threads, mostly. 24/7 generals are trashy circlejerks. Weekend threads allow for discussion without degenerating into waifus and other shitposting just to keep a thread alive.
>>
>>51918458
>Whatever happened to Orcish Trinimac worship? Is it still prevalent in the Fourth Era?
We don't know, there's been no mention of it. But the only place where Trinimac worship was truly widespread was the now destroyed Orsinium, so it's probably dying out.
>>
>>51918537
>bringing up /tesg/
Perhaps you should go back?
>>
>>51918551
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Words_of_Clan_Mother_Ahnissi
>>
>>51918533
Pretty much. They kind of did, but not in such cut and dry terms. She's probably a fan.
>>
File: 1458762061486.png (554KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
1458762061486.png
554KB, 973x821px
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.