[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 47

File: The_Sabbat.jpg (1MB, 1520x2090px) Image search: [Google]
The_Sabbat.jpg
1MB, 1520x2090px
Previous thread: >>51855257

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/bucking-broncos-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
Other than Vampire and Werewolf, which other splats would make for a good video game, what could it be like and how would it play?
>>
Oh and I'm talking about both oWoD and CofD in the question, so don't just restrict yourself to one iteration.
>>
>>51866345
The obvious first answer is either Mage setting.

I feel like a good rpg could be crafted from Changeling the lost though
>>
>>51866345
Hunter. I have no idea if the Reckoning games are good, but an investigative/action game based on Vigil or Hunters Hunted could be good.
>>
Mage always seems prima facie the hardest to present as a video game because of the innate appeal of an open-ended magic system, but I'm sure it's possible.

Hunter could certainly work as a rogues gallery of other game lines. Geist could also make for a similar and ostensibly better version of what Murdered: Soul Suspect and similar games tried to be where you solve dead people's problems jennifer love hewitt style.

>>51866123

>Been working on a WoD living world, a city with about 38 regions. May not be ready for a time but I wanted to get a sense of peoples tastes and start working on NPC's

>https://strawpoll.com/1e2dfg1
>>
I want to become a dragon, which splat lets me do that?
>>
>>51866451
Beast, I think, or at least it gets closest
>>
>>51866451
Bygone Bestiary. It has rules for creating and playing magical creatures. One of their better books.

Or you can just play a fishmalk that tries to breath fire on people.
>>
I would love to see a Mage the aesension video game. Gta/sleeping dogs open world. Each sphere gives a series of possible effects that you build out in sub menus for your spells. So fast casting is hard, and not viable in combat unless you have rotes. So the better part of magic comes to planning and preperarion.
>>
>>51866482
A low-generation Tzimisce is an option to consider.
>>
>>51866478
>Beast
I don't want to be an edgy asshole
>>
>>51866551
what would you consider a gold-hoarding virgin-eating hamlet-burning flying dinosaur?
>>
>>51866482
Play a fishmalk who knows Kuldonic Sorcery's path of fire
>>
>haha my dear your neck is looking scrumptious
>unnecesarrily long description of a neckbeard talking about drinking virgin blood
>Virgoos sanguinus in my tummy, a yummer yummy.
>now I can fight those gun wielders, who only deal bashing damage to me cuz Im too cool to be alive

>haha my dear your firm looks pernicious
>unnecessarily long description of a neckbeard talking about how hard it is to be a hero with a monstrous nature
>wyrmicious impergium in my packy, a slaughter slaughty
>now I can fight those gun wielders, who deal regular damage but I regen like crazy cuz Im too cool to be homid

>haha my dear your reality is looking conceited
>unnecessarily long description of a neckbeard talking about the dangers of having too much power
>paradox in my subjectivity, a troublesome trouble
>now I can fight those gun wielders, who only deal damage to themself cuz they were trying to unjam their obviously faulty weapons coz Im too cool to be shot at.

>haha my dear your art looks dreamy
>unnecessarily long description of a neckbeard talking about the lack of faith and magic in the world is destroying everything
>Sundering boogus lacking, a nightmare reality
>now I can fight those gun wielders, too bad they are busy making an orgy right now I'll join them coz Im too cool to be left alone
>>
>>51866709
I really don't get your point. Is this a Hunterfag?
>>
File: beast.jpg (232KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
beast.jpg
232KB, 800x600px
>>51866551
It´s not about being an edgy asshole, but about teaching people valuable lessons, anon.
>>
>>51866748
>haha my dear your supernaturality is showing
>unnecessarily long description of a neckbeard talking about how supernaturals must be cleansed from the world for the sake of humanity
>praying to the messengers, a desperate hero
>now I can fight those gun wielders, who are filthy servants of a leech cuz Im too cool for this world

short answer: no
>>
File: 1487098247.png (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1487098247.png
3MB, 2000x2000px
>>51865438
it's not OUR fault mages can't resist the knot
>>
>>51866817
Beating people into bloody pulp because they touch you or being slightly rude is not teaching
>>
>>51866345
Changelings' powers are narrow enough to be easily made into a game. You can't tell me being abducted by the Gentry and tortured for a few years wouldn't be a bomb-ass cutscene.
>>
>>51866451
"Demon: the Descent" You can look like a dragon. You're wearing human forms most of the time.
"Changeling: the Lost" can give you draconic characters. They're still humanoid, though.
"Mage: the Awakening" A mage could have this as a Legacy goal.
>>
How many dots of Life do I need to make sure my unborn child will have the sex I want or to make it so twins happen?
>>
How could Vampires in Masquerade find out what Clan/Bloodline you are, if you don't tell them? Auspex?
>>
>>51867029
Clan curse?
>>
Another cute Thyrsus who mages a flower shop
>>
>>51867029
Tremere can tell which clan you are by tasting your blood.
>>
>>51866984
If you're casting during or before conception: Life 2.
If you're casting after: It won't be Lasting. Should have cast earlier.
>>
>>51867056

???

>>51867087

Other than that?
>>
>>51867063
>Another cute Thyrsus who craves the knot
ftfy
>>
>>51867090
Nosferatu are pretty obvious
>>
>>51867124

Well, okay, them, and Samedi, sure, but other than that, how can you tell?
>>
Next song you hear on random repeat is description of you character Awakening trip. Go.
>>
>>51867090
>If you're Nosferatu you're going to be buttfucking ugly
>If you're Tzimisce you're going to need soil from your home
>If you're Lasombra you have no reflection
>If you're Gangrel when you frenzy you'll have a beast mark
>If you're Giovanni feeding is incredibly painful for the victim instead of ecstatic
>If you're Ventrue you can only feed on certain populations
>If you're Malkavian you're fucking insane (also a prophet)
>If you're Cappadocian you're deathly pale
>If you're Salubri you have a third eye
>If you're Assamite you're addicted to vampire blood
>If you're Brujah you have an incredibly short temper
>If you're Toreador you get easily stupefied by beautiful things
>If you're Setite you're more than usually weak to sunlight
>If you're Ravnos you have an affinity to certain crimes
>If you're none of these either Caitiff or Tremere
>>
>>51866345
>First change is coming
>Don't know what that is yet
>Don't know what's wrong with me
>Get pulled into the shadow
>Oh god, what the hell's that
>Dear god it's a cat dripping blood
>Run like hell
>Doesn't work
>Shit
>Cat's toying with me
>Starting to get frustrated
>Cat is taunting
>Starting to get pissed
>Cat's still taunting
>Getting more pissed
>As in really, really pissed
>As in I'M GOING TO RIP THAT SMUG FUCKING GRIN OFF YOUR GOD DAMN FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE (Insert first tongue warcry here)
>Pain train gets going
>Exceptional success
>Cat gets radically redesigned
>You could say it's twice what it used to be
>Some friendly Urdaga bros disarm me
>And disleg me
>Barely
>(24 hours later)
>Exposition ensues
>(Two months later)
>Need a spirit to fetish a weapon
>"Okay then. We kill the cat."
>"I'm okay with that."
>Go alone to fetish the weapon
>Try to sneak up on the cat
>I fail perception roll
>Cat fails perception roll
>I succeed stealth roll
>Cat succeeds stealth roll
>O hai Mark
>Grappling ensues
>Cat gets exceptional success
>Roll for death rage
>Fail
>Here we go
>Cat's gonna kill me
>"Huh. Exceptional success."
>Wut
>"For you"
>Hear that?
>Choo choo
>Cat's in the way
>No brakes
>Repeat performance
>With a fist weapon this time
>Instead of claws
>This is an ex hellcat

And that's the story of Hunts the Rage and Stalks the Hunter.

Note: Hunts the Rage is the cat.
>>
>>51867090
Auspex aura detection can sometimes detect an aura of madness, but that's not really helpful.

You can try to read their thoughts, but if you fail and they discover you it may be a great problem.

So yeah, the only way is tasting the blood.
>>
>>51867087
Nice try tremere, I see you.
>>
>>51867323
For some weird reason I just lost my sides imagining the Tremere calling other vampires "goyim".
>>
Hunter. Either Vigil for nWoD or Hunters Hunted/Reckoning for oWoD. Investigation and a combat system that revolves around traps and tactics would be amazing.

Changeling could also make for a good video game, but I'm not exactly sure how it'd be done.
>>
CtL. The game. You kidnapped as twins. Boy and girl. By duo Gentry othat look like witches. They usually eat kids. Well they eat alot of them. But not you. Your sister is serving them human meat on the dishes and cleans kitchen. You stack bones in dark basement. One day you rearange old bone stacks and found exit. You escape, but your sister still there. Years after you work in supernatural world as thief. Top level thief. Rob old ventrue. Steal mage infused cactus. Visit ghost infested museum. You only have 1 professional weakness. Small dark places. Places where your old patrons try to reclaim you. You are thief that cannot stay in the shadows for too long.

Linear missions, thieflike gameplay. Each time mission loads some random hiding places are gentry traps.
>>
>>51866817
Frankly I would have the lessons aspect of beast be subjectively optional.

Beast kind if feels like a book that the whole group needs to pour over in detail before gaming so everyone knows what they want out of it
>>
>>51866980
>"Mage: the Awakening" A mage could have this as a Legacy goal.
You know, that sounds really cool. Life/Prime, or something like that?
>>
>>51867871
Life is a must. Note that Shapechanging is a 4 Dot spell, so full transformation will likely be the final Attainment. As for the second Arcanum, I guess it depends on what dragons are supposed to be. If the dragon is too big to fly, Forces is the Arcanum to fix that. It would also cover fiery breath, weather control or other elemental stuff.

One day... Some day, we will get an Orphans of Proteus write-up and we can finally steal from that.
>>
>>51867088
Crud, I was wrong. It's Compelling (Life 1).
>>
>>51867138
>They Have Nothing Now - Daredevil Season 2 Soundtrack
So tragic, but awesome.
>>
Reminder that the furfags and leechniggers only live since the Mages allow it.
>>
File: 1486947646490.gif (1MB, 362x264px) Image search: [Google]
1486947646490.gif
1MB, 362x264px
>>51868079
in your dreams fuccboi
>>
File: Gauru.jpg (101KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
Gauru.jpg
101KB, 300x420px
>>51868079
I enter death rage under my Auspice moon with full essence and willpower. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>51867994
It also skirts the line for hubris.
>>
>>51868079
What would be the best splat killer Mage?

A Moros with forces would be terrifying for vampires and werewolves.
>>
>>51868187
I did not think of this, but you might be right. It's like in those Indian and Chinese villages.

Still, I would forgo the degeneration roll, if it wasn't based on bigotry.
>>
>>51868079
>Death/Entropy Mage tells you that you are dead.
>You say: I'm not dead, I'm costantly leaving a mark, a living one, into this world, and my influence spawn to many, many people.

>The Omnipotent mage starts autistically screeching as the paradox engulfs him, leaving no apparent trace of him after a *puff* sound.

The Mage was defeated by a human being without anything special.
>>
>>51868217
>Space 3
Sail to the middle of the ocean. Dive as deep as you can. Get a Sympathetic connection. Return home. Be smug at your enemies. If they survive the trip they will eventually end up in the trash vortex, right where they belong.
>>
>>51868254
Don't shy away from acts of hubris it's the drama and the main entertainment in Mage.

Is it hubris to decide an unborn child's sex? Possibly.

What about a family that suffers from huntington's?

etc.
>>
>>51868296
I like your opinion and I adopt it as my own.
>>
>A Mage enters a political debate on tv trying to make his statement and trying to ashame a candidate for personal reasons.

>He gets destroyed and called by the candidate an ignorant fool

>All the people witnessing it on television starts thinking it

>The Mage starts losing conscience of himself, becoming an homeless man that suffer of amnisia that sucks dicks to survive.

Another win for humankind
>>
>>51868343
Everything you do is balloons.
>>
>>51866345
Point and click based off of Project Twilight?
>>
Feedback requested on homebrewed Horror for CoD:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/793173-the-horror-show?p=1046640#post1046640
>>
I have an idea for making Paradox worse: successful attempts to contain it don't cause any damage, but penalize ability to cast spells. Each contained Paradox success will reduce all spellcasting dice pools by one. This homerule will encourage releasing Paradox, because most mage won't penalize their most important ability - to do magic.

>51864447
Reach is giving a Paradox if it's over the limit. Besides, that just penalizes non-ritual casting, and ideal Paradox rules should make all casting harder, not just the certain types of it.
>>
File: oyveysuckthatbabyick.jpg (47KB, 660x277px) Image search: [Google]
oyveysuckthatbabyick.jpg
47KB, 660x277px
>>51868187

>Mage must actually consider his actions and their long term consequences performed on an infant unlike a jew doctor or rabbinical dick biter.

Proof magefags aren't the worst thing lurking in our World of Darkness.
>>
>>51868296
It's all subjective which is a BS ruling I agree. The results would have to be to the mage's end.

>Child's sex is decided where females are known to be deficient males. Asia no degen roll

>Be in American midwest and Jehovah's witnesses believe all diseases you receive are god's will. Big degen roll.

>Aryan qt wants pure aryan babies to be qts as well. No more shovel noses or annoying creatures that will call you holmes or esse.
>>
>>51868360
>concludes picnic and dons monkey mask for an enjoyable repast of bicycling with my pals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQEmaj9C6ko
>>
File: 1477725736247.jpg (138KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477725736247.jpg
138KB, 720x720px
>>51866823
Now do Promethean and Beast.
>>
>>51866419
>The obvious first answer is either Mage setting.
Making a faithful Mage game is basically impossible.
>>
File: 1478303559943.gif (398KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
1478303559943.gif
398KB, 720x715px
You there. >>51856873
What sorts of spirits were they and what did he have them do?
>>
>>51867767
>Beast kind if feels like a book that the whole group needs to pour over in detail before gaming so everyone knows what they want out of it
From my experience Beast players want to pal around with Vampires and deal with weird shit.
>>
How does Hisil looks like? How should one attempt to write it down, with spirit ecology and alike? I want my next Chronicle to be really Shadow-heavy, but there is surprisingly little material to work with.
>>
>>51869191
And why they can't just do a Ordo Dracul vampire character and do exactly that?
>>
>>51868079
>Reminder that the furfags and leechniggers only live since the Mages allow it.
>Mages start systematically killing all the Werewolves
>Mass First Changes start happening because Luna can do that
>>
>>51869207
The great thing about the shadow is that you can go absolutely hog-wild with it.

>Clouds fighting each other, which creates weather
Welp, there goes the moon-bathing

>Trees dance to the tune of the singing wind
Gotta love that natural music

>Random spirits running/flying/skipping/dfauhfuehfoefhing around
Heh, locals are a laugh and a half

Seriously. Go nuts. The shadow's a beautiful and terrifying place. Take that and run off with it.
>>
>>51869334
Doesn't Luna usually just do nothing when people start mass slaughtering any of the changing breeds? She sure didn't care when the lost tribes were killed. Or during the war of Tears.
Or I'm mixing up editions, in which case I'll just turn the ground into a perfected silver conductor and electrocute the fuckers.
>>
>>51869222
Because you aren't tied down as heavily by Vampire society (although you will get dragged into shit) and your political rivals aren't going to get mad at you for also getting involved with other supernaturals because you aren't a Vampire, you're just one persons friend or another persons political tool. Also the Ordu Dracul is an organization.with certain responsibilities.
>>
>>51867767
That's mummy probably the most unplayable wod game with some of the coolest thematics. Beast requires other templates or the game gets boring fast.
>>
>>51869207
https://youtu.be/r2pt2-F2j2g
>>
>>51869382
Luna actually does care in WtF, although you she and the First Born aren't going to get involved unless you start committing genocide. One city though? Probably nothing, of course then the Thyrus are going to have to start preventing spirits from flooding the material.
>>
>>51869465
>the Thyrus are going to have to start preventing spirits from flooding the material.
>Not planning on releasing all the spirits on purpose to cause so much chaos that you're mostly immune to in order to dethrone your rivals.
>>
>>51869382
You know, mass genocide against The People might actually get the Forsaken and The Pure to set aside their differences for long enough to deal with whoever is trying to stop their little sibling rivalry.
>>
File: Anima Draconis.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Anima Draconis.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51867982
So I don't know about Orphans of Proteus, but I made an attempt.
>>
>>51869519
Go to bed, Ozymandias.
>>
>>51869465
>Luna actually does care in WtF
She gives them all blessings and renown through her minions, and special moon gifts and prophetic dreams. She may have even given them the oath of the moon, telling them how to maintain harmony.

She doesn't jump into the middle of their fights but saying she doesn't care is wrong.
>>
>>51868079
>Since Paradox makes mages as useless as Geniuses if some mundie happens to look at us.

FTFY
>>
If they did make another VtM video game, where would you want to see it be set in? What time period? Which city/part of the world?

Do you think it might work out better if the player character was an 8th or so generation or would that be too much? Because I'm just wondering how else to explain it, without Elder/Antediluvian/Caine interference, the way the player could overcome some of the stronger enemies in the game and their use of Disciplines.

And could Disciplines like Obtenebration and Vicissitude actually work within the confines of the game, without going all crazy?
>>
>>51870053
>And could Disciplines like Obtenebration and Vicissitude actually work within the confines of the game, without going all crazy?
Yeah, but they would be limited like the Disciplines in Bloodlines. You could probably spin Vicissitude to just act as buffs to yourself at low level, then turning enemies into monsters to fight for you at mid, and a warform or something at high.
>>
>>51870053
Just do like in Bloodlines and ignore Generation. If diablerie is an in-game choice it would buff your stats and get you some extra dots in disciplines. The Sabbat likely won't be playable, so who really cares about Obtenetration and Vicissitude? I'd rather have more creative uses of standard disciplines.
>>
>>51870198
Diiablerie should have some pretty heavy social consequences, though. If anyone happens to look at your aura, all hell should break loose after they figure out what you've done.
>>
>>51870198

Can't you have an independent Lasombra or Tzimisce though? It's not like they're unheard of.

Also, how about that one skill that Gangrels have, where they just sink into the ground when they want to rest? If the game had an actual day and night cycle, could be a neat way to seek shelter before the sun comes up.
>>
>>51870276
Of course, but authorized diablerie isn't exactly unheard of in the Camarilla, so who knows.
>>51870293
They're pretty rare though, especially the Tzimisce. I would focus on the seven core clans if I was making a VtM game, but who knows.
>where they just sink into the ground when they want to rest? If the game had an actual day and night cycle, could be a neat way to seek shelter before the sun comes up
Yes, I think it's Protean 3. It would be pretty neat.
>>
>>51870293
I doubt the game would have a day and night cycle. It might not take place in one endless night like Bloodlines did, but having a set amount of time you're allowed to operate in until you have to go back to your Haven for your daily scheduled fade-to-black would be really annoying for most people.

I mean, Bully did it, but you could stay out well into the night instead of just half the day, and if you didn't make it back to your bed you just passed out and got your shoes stolen instead of dying a horrible death.
>>
>>51866345
>Other than Vampire and Werewolf, which other splats would make for a good video game, what could it be like and how would it play?- 87 posts and 10 image replies shown.

Planescape: Torment knockoff for a Promethean game.
>>
>>51869532
I skimmed it. The Attainments are functional and kind of remind me of Echo Walkers. Draconic Ones Before? I'm skeptical of your Order choices. Enlightenment can't be contained within human form? The Silver Ladder would consider that blasphemy of the highest magnitude. The Mysterium is fine, the have the Daksha, after all. I think Mammonite Seers would also fit, with the Legacy's focus on hoarding wealth.
>>
What's the best way to use the Mage system for Fate/Luck powers in the form of the Psychokinesis merit to simplify it for non-mages?

Basically, controlling luck instead of fire, etc.

I'm a GM running a non-mage campaign, and discussing this with a player. I know almost nothing about mage and really don't want to complicate the game.
>>
Which arcana does tg think is the most fun to have as ruling?
>>
All right which one of you faggots has been posting about Unmaking magic on the official forum?
>>
>>51870556
Thanks for the feedback. I included the Silver Ladder because I envisioned them not only as knowledge seekers, but also as teachers, but you make a good point. Mammonite Seers are also a very real possibility, I just didn't really think about the Seers.
>>
>>51870659
I've always been partial to the versatility of Life magic.
>>
>>51870053
If they ever make another vampire game I wish they'd take advantage of the storytelling opportunities of immortality. The game could be set in radically different time periods. You could have missions that take decades to complete.
>>
>>51869356
>>51869442
Okay, so I'll make an urban version of Qliphoth from Berserk.
>>
>>51870966
Have you heard of Redemption?
>>
>>51870560
it sounds like you are going to run something complicated to me
what's this psychokinesis merit?
first time I hear about it, how does it work and what do you want it to do with Fate/luck?
>>
>>51870560
My advise would be to not allow it because fate in mage is basically st fait or dice altering mechanics. psychokinesis isn't just simplified it's massively weaker.
>>
>>51870560
Second sight time merits don't really convert well to mage or vice-versa. The scale of the games is completely different.
>>
>>51870053
Really, the best option would have you playing as Beckett exploring ruins and what not, since he's just right in the middle (gen 7), as well as allowing you to have multiple periods
>>
>>51869532
>>51870556
New version. Sorry, it seems I really can't into English.
>>
>>51870560
Better slap yourself for promising something you can't deliver.

Better let him/her down gently. Try leaving your fly unzipped and maybe stick your finger through for a laugh.
>>
>>51866441
Thanks for the feedback guys

Leading, ahead by around 3 votes in general;
-1 supernatural (2 supernaturals current 2nd choice)
- Hunter: the Vigil (Mage, Vampire and Demon closest behind)
- tied between plot rich or a plot/sandbox balance
- a small quota of other game lines playable.

When I finish work today, I'll take a final look at the results and get to work. You can also leave a comment if you have a specific suggestion.
>>
>>51871117
It's under the Supernatrual Merits from the God Machine book. It's a 3 or 5 dot merit that allows a person to control an element at the cost of willpower.
>>
oWoD, which manual do I buy? Mage the ascension or Demon: The Fallen?

I would love both, but right now I'm poor and I would only being able to buy like the first edition of Mage o Demon, when I would really love to buy the 20th anniversary edition of Mage, but it costs a lot of money.

I know I can download them all but I want a physical item to consult and custody as a treasure.

I was thinking about buying mage 1e and then expand it by downloading all other editions and create the ultimate mage experience (or just going mad)

Or just going with Demon to have something fresh and unknown (We are a group of people and we take turns to master different games, so we even tried nWoD Mage, that's why I'm talking about something "fresh").
>>
>>51867982
Don't know if you're keen, but I've been writing up a bunch of adaptations of 1e Legacies to 2e.
And I've worked on the Orphans of Proteus.

All of the Matter Optional Arcana aren't really that... Canon?
But I thought they nicely supplemented the Life powers, for an intelligent primitive.

The kind of individuals who allegedly created their Legacy, helping mankind into a state of basic civilisation, which eventually left them behind.
>>
Friendly reminder that the Tremere are everything wrong with Thaumaturgy.
>>
>>51871361
...why isn't the dragon-fire attainment just Celestial Fire?
>>
>>51872334

Tremere was a bloody moron.
>>
>>51872335
Mainly because I didn't know how to handle Potency for damage dealing spells in attainments, and because I wanted it to be usable without the optional Arcanum (although really, who joins a Legacy and doesn't get the optional Arcanum?). So a bastardization of Life it was.
>>
File: 7pints.jpg (75KB, 747x493px) Image search: [Google]
7pints.jpg
75KB, 747x493px
come at me you toreador faggots
>>
>mage supremacy
>>
>>51869207
I generally run it as a surreal nightmarescape, an exaggerated and often organic-looking place of high weirdness. Riff off things like Giger but also specifically Beksinski. I can give you a slightly more useful level of detail and nuance once I've had a good night's sleep and am feeling a bit more coherent.
>>
>>51870053

Dark Ages.

Lets murder some Tremere!
>>
>>51871022

I think anon wanted to see one with chapters from across the ages. Maybe starting in the early medieval period and going all the way to modern times?

I'd love to see a Late Roman period one, or maybe shortly after the West Roman Empire collapses and shit actually gets interesting.
>>
>>51872534

Hey Chris, how would you change the Changing Breeds book if you were tasked with remaking it? Full creative control.
>>
Are Hosts all that there is to the Human-Spirit hybrid sort of monster or are there others with... odder spirit fusions?
>>
>>51872674
I'd do a Shifters book, more of a Night Horrors style thing with various weird shapeshifters from around the world - not Changing Breed style stuff based on the 'human turns into this animal type, has 3-5 forms, etc', but maybe one section with really weird-shit shapeshifters from round the world like peucheun, a section with shapeshifting stuff as a curse or disease, one linked to shamanism and sorcery, etc. Do updates for skinchangers and all that in there. I'd maybe allow for one Changing Breed style shifter, at most.
>>
>>51872801
Claimed are pretty much exactly that, a direct spirit-human fusion. Vary wildly from one Claimed to the next depending on the nature of the Claiming spirit and the victim.
>>
>>51872987

Ah so being weird for the sake of being weird.
>>
>>51872987

Why do you hate WtA and the Fera? This is really depressing to me.
>>
>>51866345
>OWoD
Honestly, Dreaming would make a fine video game. It has story depth and options, plus it has built-in reasons to murderhobo and stuff with chimerical reality.
>NWoD
Vigil, and Promethean.
>>
>>51873109
There's a wealth of interesting shapeshifter folklore in the world that I'd rather draw on as inspiration.

>>51873119
I hate neither WtA nor the Fera.
>>
>>51872987
Werebears, were bears,werebears.
>>
File: 1462143129304.jpg (355KB, 1261x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1462143129304.jpg
355KB, 1261x1600px
>>51866345
>Other than Vampire and Werewolf, which other splats would make for a good video game, what could it be like and how would it play?

Demon would actually fit a Bethesda or Bioware style game really well. All the social interactions, gathering friends/followers, and earning the love and fear of the masses, while literal Oblivion with guns mechanics.

FPS or 3rd person gunplay and melee, with a magic system that you spend Faith on to increase you Spheres.

Hell, the Dragon Aspect from Skyrim is already basically the 'true form' and could differ in appearance depending on karma.

...Fuck, I really want this game now.
>>
>>51873393

I'm not sure some of that maps well to mechanics, or deserves to. A lot of people liked the Fera because they were similar but different to their werewolf counterparts and provided another insight into their world.

I feel like I'd rather see more contrast and conflict with the Uratha than more unrelated bu similar things floating around the setting doing whatever they do. I know that's against the MO for Chronicles of Darkness, but its part of what also keeps me personally from really getting into the setting. So much unrelated cruff floating around. This is even more confusing when you guys have been so focused on the setting being shared across all of the game lines.
>>
>>51873527

>cool ass demon monster with crazy transformations and power up modes

>first person

yeah nah its a TPS or DMC/Bayonetta style action game. Heck even God of War's brainless but fun mayhem would be fitting as long as it had a Devil Trigger style mechanic.
>>
>>51872987
>Night Horrors
Hey what is your opinion on Beast in general? I'm curious.
>>
>>51873119

They're talking about nWoD Changing Breeds, which few people like, especially compared to the Fera.
>>
>>51873576
While those are all fair points, a 2e Changing Breeds equivalent would likely be a blue book, not Forsaken-specific, so needs to be freestanding from the Uratha and needs to cover a broad enough spread of concepts to be useful for multiple different lines.
>>
>>51873630
To give you a meaningful answer, I'd need to read the final draft through; I only glanced through the earlier version, and I don't actually own Beast, so I can't really give an educated response.
>>
File: sarah-christine-smith-4.jpg (49KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
sarah-christine-smith-4.jpg
49KB, 1280x852px
>>51866846

...theoretically, what would happen if some poor newbie Mage girl caught the attention of a moderately influential Garou male? I mean, aside from a rape scene from a B movie.

How would his clan and other wolves view it, her unwillingness and being a Mage both? Would it be outlandish to the point of not having a precedent? And, would the Mage groups even care if she hadn't had time to really foster allegiances? Would they accept her with ties to Garou, whether she hates them or not? What would carrying puppies mean to the people who knew?
>>
>>51873675
That reminds. I've had the idea in my head for a while now of a Mage who was raised by Garou, so their Paradigm is based around that worldview.
>>
>>51873758
>MAge raised by Garou
So a Kinfolk who AWakens?
>>
Tangentally related, does ANYONE have the Scion/Storypath mechanical preview? I can't find it.
>>
>>51873778
read that as
>raised by gyaru
it somehow still made sense
>>
>>51873675

The Garou rapist would be fried to a crisp by her mentors.

Very slowly.
>>
File: humanoidsdeep-fishrape0.jpg (21KB, 516x474px) Image search: [Google]
humanoidsdeep-fishrape0.jpg
21KB, 516x474px
>>51873675

That werewolf was a fucking tool. He kills every girl he fucks before even knotting, and he toys with that girls beta boyfriend so much that he never gets the chance to stick it in. Truly the worst wolf.

>tfw you have been on a 'monster has sex with one of the girls' movie hunt, and there are actually surprisingly few of them considering how fucked up the seventies to mid-nineties were for horror. Maybe fifteen-to-twenty movies across the horror spectrum.
>>
>>51873636

That is true.

What about the shapeshifters from War Against the Pure? Are they still even going to be a part of Forsaken 2e?
>>
>>51873631

I'm just worried its scared everyone off the idea of trying to do Fera in nwod again. I'd love it if they were done well.
>>
>>51873675
>>51873880

Why does everyone like melty-human face werewolves with bad makeup? Are wolf-headed monstrosities too much for normies?
>>
>>51873880
List that shit nigga. Put your research to use for the good of anons everywhere.
>>
>>51873778
Yes, unless that's something some supplement somehow invalidates this idea.
>>
>>51873675
The Garou's pack would probably slap him around. Influential or not, there's a fucking war going on, he doesn't have the time to get his dick wet with this clearly not kinfolk wyrm-and-weaver-fucking Mage, ESPECIALLY if she doesn't want the fuck. I know a lot of people think werewolves are magical lone wolves that don't take input from other people, but the pack is a tie closer than family or friends.
>>
>White Wolf function as their own company. Paradox Interactive doesn't have a say in what projects they decide to make or who they work with. Any questions about their games should be directed to White Wolf.

I'm confused. How can it be an own company and at the same time part of paradox?
>>
>>51872987
>>51873636

Could I vet an idea past you for Uratha counterparts when you are more coherent? I am trying to make a fan rewrite the Changing Breeds book and its resulted in me tossing its lore out wholesale and going for half-spirits with their own dysfunctional spirit patronage.
>>
>>51869917
>Paradox

Anti-magefags seem to love using this for their arguments, when it really means nothing at all.

It didn't stop Ascension from destroying all the others game lines when it came to mechanics and lore.
>>
>>51873957
I don't THINK there's anything in a supplement that invalidates Kinfolk becoming mages, but other than the obvious Spirit Sphere angle, he would just be an Orphan to believes in the Triat.
>>
>>51874081

>implying the Triat doesn't exist

get a load of this Technocrat
>>
>>51873865
As a mage, what's the most efficient way of taking down a werewolf?
>>
>>51874114

Befriending them and then giving them chest fluff and tummy rubs to keep them sedate and happy.
>>
>>51874114
Silver
Or a spirit army, how hard can it be to find a nexus crawler after all?
>>
>>51874114

Lock them down with Ban, transmute the barrier into solid silver. Watch them roll around in a hollow ball of pure agony.
>>
>>51874131
>>51874150
>>51874114

Its easier to create than destroy, follow >>51874121 's advice
>>
File: Sokka Well HELLO.gif (321KB, 245x187px) Image search: [Google]
Sokka Well HELLO.gif
321KB, 245x187px
>>51874113
I'm more of a person who doesn't like Mage in any form.
>>
File: 8415672845767.png (95KB, 1500x1521px) Image search: [Google]
8415672845767.png
95KB, 1500x1521px
>>51874121
>>51874160

Except werewolf penises are gross.

And easily snipped off.
>>
>>51874202

You sound jealous, anon.
>>
>>51874114
Option 1: Silver muitions
Option 2: Mind manipulation
Option 3: Spatial containment
Option 4: Give their rival factions some help
Option 5: Resolve conflict through giving favors
Option 6: Retcon the conflict
Option 7: Overkill via teleported bombs
>>
File: 1437187607899.jpg (106KB, 546x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437187607899.jpg
106KB, 546x600px
>>51874202

>getting close enough to be grappled

You gonna take that knot, son.
>>
>>51874168

How does that gif even relate to what you typed.
>>
File: wiz vs were.jpg (274KB, 2133x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wiz vs were.jpg
274KB, 2133x1200px
Werewolves are utter shit in 1v1 when it comes to confronting Mages.

Unless said Mage is really, REALLY stupid or just plain ignorant of how the disgusting mutts work.
>>
File: fenrir_smite_by_spiritaj-d89fnud.png (501KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
fenrir_smite_by_spiritaj-d89fnud.png
501KB, 1024x576px
>>51874258

Ignorant of how those thick knots will penetrate your boipucci, you mean
>>
>>51872987
A cross between Skinchangers and Changing Breeds (nWoD), with a large dose of the last chapter of War Against the Pure?
>>
>>51874150
Lock them down with a Ban, leave them there.
They'll starve. Eventually.
>>
>>51874288

I keep seeing you around here. You really seem to love the idea of penetrating mage buttholes.

With your incredibly small peener.
>>
>>51874320
They'll suffocate first.
>>
>>51874320

Use Spirit so they can't teleport out using Gift shenanigans.
>>
>>51872073
Just get revised. 1st Ed was broken as fuck and had to be fixed by the players guide.
>>
>>51874168
>Loves Kora the explora
>hates mages
Pottery. A Virgoo sanguinus in your tummer indeed.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-24-00h39m28s794.png (698KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-24-00h39m28s794.png
698KB, 1400x788px
>>51873943

Eh, why not. I have a few minutes to burn. We'll get the well known ones out of the way first. Let it be known these generally aren't sexy; they are weird, funny, or fucked up.

>Dracula, Bram Stokers: poor, poor Lucy. She was too good for this world. That said, her scene is iconic enough that she was immortalized with an overpriced statuette of her being raped by wolf-Dracula.
>Galaxy of Terror: basically the #1 result for monster fun time on Google, brief boring, but it exists.
>The Entity: a ghost repeatedly bangs a milf. Again, anyone with a passing knowledge of horror knows about it.

But let's look at lesser knows titles.

>La Bete - The Beast [1975]: actually pretty fucking tragic. It's a good looking woman with someone in a fur suit and a wooden dick pumping wallpaper paste through it, and actually gets pretty explicit. The tragedy comes in with Sirpa Lane, who is the woman in the 'dream' scenes, died of HIV.

>Big Bad Wolf [2006]: Where the screen of >>51873675 comes from; a damn mouthy werewolf, he bangs a blond girl from behind, and gropes a girl who passes out, and is generally Chad Werewolf to everyone.

>Meridian: A bit more classic looking, about thirty minutes in the main antagonist transforms into a wolfman as he bones the pretty lead.

>The Howling: two people fuck and transform into werewolves, but the guy turns first, so it just fits into the list.

>Werewolf Rising (2014): not very good, but it exists. The werewolf seems to ravage the female lead at the end as he turns her.

>WolfCop [2014]: you OWE it to yourself to watch this fucking movie. It's an... experiance. Image related. There is a consensual scene about mid-way through the film.

>Deadgirl [2008]: an entire film about how a some fuckups find a naked zombie girl, and spend the rest of the film screwing her, and then rethinking their fucking lives.
>>
>>51874336

Good thing mages have tight butts.
>>
File: 600full-big-bad-wolf-screenshot.jpg (217KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
600full-big-bad-wolf-screenshot.jpg
217KB, 500x333px
>>51874647

>Masters of Horror, Episode 12 - Heackel's Tale: Actually more alluring that it has any fucking right to be and made me feel dirty. A very beautiful (sweaty) woman sensually rides her rotted husbands zombie, before others join in, a lady zombie getting her hands invlolved. I concur with the protagist completely in this scene, his reaction is spot on.

>Bad Biology: Just... trust me. You won't regret it. Oh man, the keks.

>Feast: 'dat hilarious mini-monster oral scene and fountain of jizz.

>Humanoids From The Deep: the scenes in this are actually rather well done, uncomfortably so in my opinion. There was a why-boner or two. Basically where the idea for Neonomicon the infamous Moore comic came from, I think. Two Cthuloid fishmen rape scenes.

>Possession [1981]: Near the end, the pretty female lead has a squid-demon-man on top of her. This is the movie where the infamous 'woman in blue dress makes a mess' gif/webm comes from.

>The Beast Within [1982]: the film opens with a woman being ravaged by an unseen monster. The movie ends with a mutant man completing the circle with the pretty female lead.

>The Cave [2005]: it's litterally five seconds and there is nothing to see, and it might not even be sex. Personally I am on the fence whether it even belongs in the list.

>Trick or Treat [1986]: A girl gets bad touched by her possessed headphones.

>The Church [1989]: a demon does a woman on an alter towards the end, in makeup that is somewhere between good and hilarious.

>Splice [2009]: Everyone knows about this one, right? Two scientists, blah blah, alien looking girl and male scientist and then female scientist.

>Siren [2016]: One of the best for last, because it's actually a pretty good film, and a female-on-male example. A demon girl becomes facinated by the male lead, and they have varying scenes together.

Afraid that's all I found thus far. I left out stuff like the Evil Dead tree scene and such, because they are already widely know.
>>
File: 0304 - h3nTfec.png (422KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
0304 - h3nTfec.png
422KB, 665x662px
>>51873675
Mage roastie always trying to fuck Werewolf Chad. What do you bring to the relationship, he runs a pack. Get out REEEEEE
>War form->decapitate roastie
>>
>>51874530
Nah, it's actually me actively trying to troll that dude.
>>
>>51874647
>Dracula raped Lucy

Dude, she ran out into the garden maze to get the dick.
>>
>>51874657
>Mage uses Life
>No more butthole
>Sad Werewolf
>>
>>51874710
>No more butthole
Claws can make new holes.
>>
>>51874701
Let's not bring up the rape metaphor, you might trigger someone. Like the OPP forum went apeshit over in the Zak S. dumpster fire thread.
>>
>>51874725

I don't want to delve too hard in this argument, but ZakS is a trashy writer, where as Bram Stoker's Dracula was done by fucking Francis Ford Coppola and is, you know, a movie. A picture is worth a thousand words. Good costuming, atmosphere, mood, and in this case the rape both served the over-all narrative of the story and was 'tastefully done', as much as you can with a romanticized sexual monster like Count Dracula.

Meanwhile, ZakS has made a shitty all-text mobile game with lines of dialog to the effect of 'aw man I was eating that ass last night'. Whatever comparison you can make between the two is FLIMSY at best.
>>
>mage supremacy
>>
>>51874762
I'm not saying that. I'm more saying 'I really don't want a trigger VAMPIRES AREN'T A RAPE METAPHOR FOR EVERYONE' argument to start here. It's enough skimming the dumpster fire that is the OPP forum thread.
>>
>>51874722
Your regeneration heals it shut within nine seconds.
>>
>>51874258
A dumb mage is, according to Dave, one that tries to nuke a werewolf. Watch as your spleen flies across the room, so he said.

Better to lock the fucker down like the previous mentioned, such as Ban or kinetic whatnot. Gravity.

Or just Unmake the bastard. Ain't no way around that.
>>
>>51874800
Eh, let's not pretend Masters are common.
>>
>>51874799

But that means the knot is now attached to your body. If he didn't pull out. What do.
>>
>>51874808

It's not like you need to be a Master to outplay an Uratha.
>>
>>51874081
I know, but it seems fun.
>>
>>51874780

Rape metaphor is such a narrow and overdone focus for vampires anyway. It worked for Bram Stoker given the times of Europe fearing the Other and the fact that he was a closeted gayman during the late Victorian period.

In fact, why don't they play on the homosexual aspect of Bram Stoker style vampirism? Or like with Carmilla. Forbidden love, unfulfilled longing, so on so forth.
>>
>>51874854
Could be an interesting angle, yeah.

>>51874868
Like Rice's vampires embody, you mean?
>>
>>51874881

I wouldn't equate Rice's prose with anything good. Especially now that she's doing her born-again-Christian thing and pushing it onto her stories.
>>
>>51867029
Path of Blood makes that shit happen, and there are rituals that give even more information.
>>
>>51867349
>Shut it down, Nicolai!
>>
>>51874911
Her early stuff was good. And her more recent stuff has been... passable. Prince Lestat was at least entertaining. I more meant as an example of the forbidden love/unfulfilled longing angle. Lestat and Louis are MADE of unfulfilled longing.
>>
File: Supernatural-Dean.gif (483KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Supernatural-Dean.gif
483KB, 500x281px
>>51874288
Please stop wanting to violate mage boipussy.
>>
>>51874800
Werewolves are easily the biggest tanks in CofD, right behind Mummies.

So of course a smart Mage is going to end the threat then and there, rather than fireballing it. Pragmatic magic has always been far deadlier than spells that focus on damage.
>>
File: cane_infernale.jpg (119KB, 350x470px) Image search: [Google]
cane_infernale.jpg
119KB, 350x470px
>>51874957

I'm going to fuck your brother, Dean.

I'm going to fuck your brother and you will watch me do it. You will enjoy watching me do it.
>>
>>51867504
When do you get to rescue your cute sister?
>>
>>51874868

I always like Vampires as a metaphor for class war, myself.

Someone post that Shiki thread screen cap.
>>
>>51872656

How about the players being part of the Ventrue's war against Carthage?
>>
>>51874967

I think they can be all of these things. The bottom line is they're universally tragic and messed up in some way, if not outright cursed.
>>
>>51875033

That would be awesome.
>>
>>51874817
The mage you knotted genjitsus into a tree stump. It was a shonin hologram.
>>
File: 1466546694859.jpg (213KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466546694859.jpg
213KB, 1920x1080px
>>51874956

I actually really like Rice's early stuff, though I have never made it through the stuff past Queen of the Damned. Lestat is an amazing character. I love his history, and reread Vampire Lestat every couple of years.
>>
>>51874288
>>51874220

When you neuter a werewolf with a silver knife, it doesn't grow back.
>>
>>51875044

And seeing shit going down in Carthage, the Brujah letting the Baali run amok with their infernalist shit, man, it would make for some great Clan interaction further down the timeline in the game.
>>
>>51875071
Blood and Gold, and Pandora are good (and you get to see some of what went into Paths in those books), Body Thief was entertaining if a little weird.
>>
>>51874965
Mages are not for rape or bullying
>>
>>51874647
>>Dracula, Bram Stokers: poor, poor Lucy. She was too good for this world. That said, her scene is iconic enough that she was immortalized with an overpriced statuette of her being raped by wolf-Dracula.

Seriously? That's hilarious. Never seen the statuette before
>>
File: magefag takes the knot.png (44KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
magefag takes the knot.png
44KB, 200x200px
>>51875115
>Mages are not for rape or bullying
says you, reality says otherwise
>>
>>51875115
Are they a carb?
>>
>>51875076

Please take your guro and castration fetish to /d/.
>>
>>51875131
>Unmakes the knot

Done
>>
File: oglaf the very best.png (114KB, 247x298px) Image search: [Google]
oglaf the very best.png
114KB, 247x298px
>>51875161
>>
>>51875131
Raping mages is wrong though. Why can't werefags find something else to violate?
>>51875142
No
>>
>>51875249
refer to
>>51875209
>>
File: whatever cheese fries.gif (1MB, 952x400px) Image search: [Google]
whatever cheese fries.gif
1MB, 952x400px
>>51875249
>>
>>51875249
>Raping mages is wrong though. Why can't werefags find something else to violate?

Thinking about it, there aren't actually that many obvious alternatives in WoD. You can't tell Demons and Changlings apart from humans at a glance, before we even get to Wyrm taint. Vampires are cold unsexy corpses in this setting, more so than any other, unless they spend blood specifically to hide it. Ghosts are ghosts.

Hunters I guess? But they are more likely to be packing silver specifically in case they run into a horny werewolf.
>>
File: yugo-br3.jpg (843KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
yugo-br3.jpg
843KB, 1600x1600px
>>51875249

I don't want to rape mages, I want to marry them!
>>
>>51874667
SiREN sounds good. Had not heard of this. I'll check it out this weekend.
>>
>>51875407

Enjoy. It's pretty interesting.
>>
>>51875153
Listen here young pup, we'll pop these out of your sack and you'll become a beta male. Your pack will bully you to omega and eventually depression will take you. It's happened, it's over.
>>
>>51874868
We need more Gay Vampires
>>
>>51875382

Gay
>>
>>51875382
Why would a Mage want to marry a fucking dog?
>>
>>51874647
>Wolfcop

I know what I'm watching tonight.
>>
>>51875343
Rape is wrong, especially the rape of a mage. Mages are beacons of purity that should not be sullied by knots. Except entropy mages, they are the exception.
>>51875382
Why?
>>
>>51875507
Entropy hating magefag.

Nice.
>>
>>51875501

They are cute.

>>51875507

They are cute.
>>
>>51875443

>>>>/d/
>>
>>51875444

Gay male vampires. I want to see Twilight but with gay men. I want dudes to be dragged to these movies and made uncomfortable when not!Edward makes out with not!Jacob.
>>
>>51875501
>Why would a Mage want to marry a fucking dog?
because mages CANNOT RESIST THE KNOT
>>
I'm building a mastigos mage for a mage the awakening 2e game. I know I wanted my character to be good with social skills so I put my priorities there but I'm having trouble deciding where to assign everything else. Any advice?
>>
>>51875624
What's your character concept?
>>
>>51875603
Mate I foolishly watched the first Twilight (I expected vampires with a side of romance, not romance with a side of vampires. I was young and stupid) and I was uncomfortable enough. No thanks.
>>
>>51875590
Sorry sweetie, gore and fur is against the rules there.

But seriously, you'd be nutless. It would be like scalping in the Wild West, immobilize the werefag and take off his nuts with a silver knife. A badge of pride and unending humiliation for the Yiffer that thought he could talk back to a mage.
>>
>>51875633
I was going with something like a musician to mirror Dante. I've always liked how the divine comedy portrayed hell so that was my pandemonium
>>
Every magefag here is so fucking tsundere
>>
>>51875603
If one or more of them are cute, it could be fun. There aren't enough cute boys in movies. It's all hunks, Chads, and soccer players.
>>
>>51875653
>>51875633
I haven't really played CoD before so I don't really know what is good to have and at how many dots
>>
>>51875711
No, I don't mean what's his magical style like.
Who is he.
>>
>>51875577
Worst sphere. Entropy mages actually should get knotted.
>>51875583
Mages are indeed cute.
>>51875603
I still wouldn't watch it and I'm actually gay
>>
>>51875698

>wanting to see faggo twinks make out

You got youtube whores for that. At the very least there should be ottermodes.
>>
File: so tsundere.gif (150KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
so tsundere.gif
150KB, 500x396px
>>51875661

I-It's not like I enjoyed the knot or anything.
>>
>>51875755
What the fuck is ottermode
>>
>>51875729
A musician? I mean did you want like a whole backstory or
>>
>>51875796
Like, a general impression of what you want him to be able to do.
>>
>>51875821
I wasn't really sure outside of being really charismatic. Some ideas to solidify the character concept may help
>>
>>51875501
Once you take the knot in the firm, strong arms of a Werewolf you can never go back to humans.
>>
File: 1431318442661.png (724KB, 710x592px) Image search: [Google]
1431318442661.png
724KB, 710x592px
Do you prefer to keep the Arcana paired up the way they are or to choose your own?

How do you spin the fluff if you choose your own?
>>
File: Im-The-Captain-Now.jpg (27KB, 478x350px) Image search: [Google]
Im-The-Captain-Now.jpg
27KB, 478x350px
>>51868274
>>51875507
>>51875745
>Implying Entropy/Time mages aren't all like pic related
>>
File: rawr_im_a_monster.jpg (32KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
rawr_im_a_monster.jpg
32KB, 497x500px
>>51866648

Chimerstry would work too. I image most fishmalks are going to act like the attached image though.
>>
>>51875755
One ottermode, one twink. Compromise, eh?
>>
>>51875971

No you fool, one hunk one ottermode one twink.

Its a love triangle! It sells itself!
>>
File: 1454199790188.jpg (185KB, 600x821px) Image search: [Google]
1454199790188.jpg
185KB, 600x821px
I hope, since the revived WoD seems heavily based on the success of Bloodlines, that we will get more Damsel in the future. Did we ever get any background on her, at all?

>You will never form a mutual respect with the fiery half-pint Anarch. Her hard and aggressive exterior will never melt away when you are alone, to a hard won nervous affection. You will never fall for her, as she falls hard for you, and spend every night together in a comfy bar. You will never, eventually, diablarise her so that you can be closer than close, for eternity. You will never cry blood tears every night as you remember that faux-angry look she wore so often, even as you feel her within your tattered soul.
>>
>>51876018
Which one is the Elder Domitor? The twink for reversal of expectations?
>>
>>51875850
Charismatic in what way?
Getting people to do what he wants? Lying? Being magnetic? Being expressive?
What does he know? Is he educated?

Go through the skills list, and mark down what makes sense for him to have at each level.
Then whittle it down to what you can afford with character creation resources.
>>
>>51876046
Dude, what the fuck? Damsel is for cuddling, not Amaranth!
>>
>>51871914
it's close between mage and hunter, but I reckon hunter's going to take it
>>
>>51876046

>one world of darkness

no vampires

only refugees
>>
>>51876065
If the twink is the vampire, then it could work. Vampirism is probably the only way twinks can shield themselves from gaydeath.
>>
File: 1487591550216.jpg (1MB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1487591550216.jpg
1MB, 2880x1620px
>>51876093

Yeah, I know, I wouldn't do that. Would miss the cuddles and angry-bitesex.

I'm just frustrated because I want more interactive World of Darkness, and all I have is a literal mountain of tabletop books and subpar novels tide me over. I've been a bit down recently. I can't find anything to hold my interest. It always brings out my inner edgelord.
>>
Would some kindred soul know where to download all of the VtES / Jyhad cards?
Found online database, but I need something that can run offline.
>>
File: not violence.png (69KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
not violence.png
69KB, 400x400px
>>51876093
How else would you want to make the bond eternal? Stitch your bodies together like some crazy Tzimisce?
>>
>>51867138
>Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce
Could be tragic, could be awesome. Why not both?
>>
>>51867138
>Lonely Street-Kansas

Well..shit.
>>
>>51876259
>ywn diablerize your Salubri waifu and sire
>ywn feel her soul and the souls of the waifus and husbandos of generations before echoing within your own
>ywn meditate upon the overwhelming intimacy of holding your lover and her lover before you and all their lovers before within your Vitae, simultaneously encircling them in a metaphysical embrace and being penetrated to the very core of your being by their ancient, potent souls, vibrant and aflame with Enlightenment

Why even Jyhad?
>>
>>51867138
>[Under The Knife]
no surprise there
>>
>>51867138
>Hounds of Love - Kate Bush
Thyrsus Seer of the Raptor?
Mastigos Arrow with Life?
>>
>>51867138
March of the Black Queen.

Huh.
>>
>>51867138
Rogue Wave - What is left to Solve? (Dan Deacon Mix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62b6a2kWitk

Fuck it. Rolling a Hollower.
>>
>>51869191
Then let em pal around with vampires but make it have impact on their social lives
>>
>>51869440
Play it like Hunter the vigil minus the heroism
>>
>>51866451
Mage the Ascension.
>>
>>51866345
I haven't played these games since I was in my late teens around 5 years ago.

What the hell happened, when did it become "Chronicles" of Darkness?

What do I need to know to get back into the games? Preferably NWoD because that's what I and my peeps use to do and what I have books for.

Is there anything that is outright obsolete like the old Demon sourcebooks? Since Descent is out and all the weird God Machine stuff sounds incompatible with the old fluff.
>>
>>51867138
Hell. Yes. "En Hjältes Väg."

That one is all about a Viking warrior dying gloriously.
If that's the Awakening, it'll be awesome.

Although a bit disappointing for him to get sent back from Valhalla.
>>
>>51877135
They re-named nWoD to stop it from being confusing.

And Descent is completely different from Fallen, completely incompatible.
All of them are.
Requiem doesn't work with Masquerade
Forsaken doesn't work with Apocalypse
Awakening doesn't work with Ascension
Lost doesn't work with Dreaming
Curse doesn't work with Resurrection
And so on.

And of course, the ones who don't have Chronicles-World analogues don't work either.
>>
>>51867138
>Friend, Please - Twenty One Pilots
So, stayed up with a friend all night because one of them was debating suicide.
Sounds like a good start for a mind-focused Mastigos.
>>
Guess this is the closest I'll get to WoD right now outside endless zombie survival games. What splat would you guys so The Forest is closest to?
>>
>>51877135
Last year, when Paradox acquired the license and wanted to distance what was nWoD from their re-release of oWoD as the true and only "One World of Darkness".

As cuntish as that sounds, it means people aren't really going to mix up Chronicles of Darkness (CofD) with its shittier old father WoD. So I prefer that.

All you need to get back is the appropriate book. All of the 2e books (and from Mage onwards they're labelled Chronicles of Darkness) follow the updated rules system. So currently Changeling, Mummy and Hunter are lagging behind in 1e.
>>
>>51877318
I kinda figured that but I mean the interpretations of Demons present in the Infernal book and Hunter The Vigil.

So I assume all the New World of Darkness still work under the Chronicles rebranding? I also have heard about the rules being streamlined, how true is that and if so what has changed in the Chronicles of Darkness core book?
>>
>>51877373
Alright, thank you.
>>
>>51877373
"Shittier older father"

A part from a older system, that people may not like and that reserves some shenaningans sometimes, the game aged well and its universe is one of the most well written in fiction.
>>
>>51877399
Oh right.

There are a shitload of different Demons, Anon.
There are Astral Demons (the concepts of demnos), Goetic Demons (your personality flaws goetic manifestation), Spirits of awful horrible torment sometimes take the shape of demons, Lower Depths demons which are from flawed realms that are perversions of reality, the kinds of demons you see in Hunter the Vigil and so forth.

The God-Machine's fallen technosorcery creations who construct a human stealth field are hardly the only "demons" in the world, and don't invalidate any others.

In fact, almost nothing invalidates the existence of anything else in CofD.
>>
>>51877443
>one of the most well written in fiction
Samuel Haight says hello.
>>
>>51877399
>I kinda figured that but I mean the interpretations of Demons present in the Infernal book and Hunter The Vigil.
There are a lot of things called demons in WoD.
The Unchained - the ones in D:tD
The Akathartoi (greek for Unclean) - the monsters from Inferno (a Lower Depths realm if one uses Mage terminology.)
Supernal Demons - Denizens of the realm of Pandemonium

And there is also a grab-bag term for evil critters used in Hunter. Often applied even to just malicious ghosts and spirits.

>So I assume all the New World of Darkness still work under the Chronicles rebranding?
Yeah, mostly. Fluff is pretty much the same. Some slight tweaks.

>I also have heard about the rules being streamlined, how true is that and if so what has changed in the Chronicles of Darkness core book?
The new naming came with a new edition, so there are some differences. Look for the free God Machine Chronicles Rules Update on DriveThruRPG if you want to update it from your own core book, or "buy" the Chronicles of Darkness Core Rule Book if you want it all.
>>
>>51877466
>Samuel Haight

>what is a joke character
>>
>>51877489

You don't joke about the Ultimate Badass, son.
>>
>>51876870
Actually it does, just not to the extent of if they were actually Vampires.
>>
>>51877443
>universe is one of the most well written in fiction.
No. It's many things, fun, lore rich, but well written is not one of them.
>>
File: 1468988529237.png (387KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
1468988529237.png
387KB, 598x369px
>>51877443
>its universe is one of the most well written in fiction
>>
Into how many months does a Werewolf go into gestation before giving birth? Considering the final result being a Metis?
>>
>>51866345
I think almost all of the splats could make for a good video game adaptation. Admittedly I'm not sure what one would try to do for making a game adaptation of Beast, since lairs are a big part of it, I almost imagine like some sort of mix between Splatoon, FTL/Sunless Sea and RTS games, if you are playing a Beast, it's a lot easier if it is simply a game with a Beast as an antagonist.
>>
>>51877796

Never specified, assumed same amount as a normal human.
>>
>>51867138
>Frogger- Bad Religion
Not a Mage player, so I have no idea where to go with that.
>>
>>51877840
I can scarcely imagine how hard a Mage game would be to make.
>>
>>51877887

Not hard. Just let the players do whatever they want.
>>
File: OriginalVampireKingdoms.jpg (599KB, 617x800px) Image search: [Google]
OriginalVampireKingdoms.jpg
599KB, 617x800px
>>51870276
I took some inspiration from Paladium on the diablerie mechanic. Basically the Cain myth is BS. The clans are descended from Vampire Intelligences, aka the Antidiluvian. Generation is simply a measure of how much of the vampire Intelligence is in your body. The more you diablarize, the faster you become a alien monstrosity npc.
>>
>>51877946
Making a decent magic system would be next to impossible.
>>
So is it possible for a matter mage using that spell that lets you combine two things make full on explosive bullets?
>>
>>51878345
Yes. Why ask such a stupid question?
>>
>>51878380
Just trying to think what you'd combine to do it. Grenades probably wouldnt do it and in the end would probably be too expensive.
>>
>>51878404
>Matter mage
>worrying about money
>>
>>51878514
Motherfucker grenades cost over 100 bucks for one. 1 grenade per bullet is insane even for a matter mage.

Plus theres still the problem of it not working. You'd either get a bullet grenade without a pin, in which case it would just explode randomly, or a bullet grenade with a pin, in which case it mightnt explode at all.
>>
>>51878345
It'd be a very small explosion.
>>
>>51878604
Well, bar a simultaneous use of Shrink and Grow.
>>
>>51878552
Then don't use grenades.

What do you even need explosive bullets for?
>>
>>51878647
>Then don't use grenades.
Thats why I'm trying to think of alternatives.

>What do you even need explosive bullets for?
The way I see them they're like condoms. You'd rather have them and not need them, and they'd add some extra oomph when you need them.
>>
>>51878674
>Thats why I'm trying to think of alternatives.
Modify the properties of targetted matter to react explosively with oxygen.
>>
>>51878552
You are fucking retarded
>>
>>51877670
>that one human whos been embezzling off the company you work at and have been punishing with wild paranoia inducing nightmares is actually the ghoul of your best mate troy the ordo daeva.
>now you gotta hope the ghoul never makes the connection between you and the wyrm that flies ariund in his nightmares.

Sounds pretty decent to me
>>
>>51874959
The tankiest splats in CofD are what, Werewolves, Mummies, Prometheans and Sin-Eaters?
>>
>>51878819
Tempted to argue heroes from beast
>>
>>51878819
Beasts don't start out all that durable, but if you buy all their defensive and healing powers they become beastly tanks.
>>
>>51878819
And powerful Life mages.
>>
>>51878969
Life & Death Archmasters literally can't be killed.
>>
>>51879091
I'm sure Ochemata might disagree with your claim.
>>
>>51879134
That's just it. Only other Archmasters and Ochemata can do anything about it. And they need to cast their own Imperial Spell to pull it off.
>>
>mage supremacy
>>
>>51879161
I'd but that for Death, which can raise you from the dead and restore your soul.

But Life? No way.
>>
New Thread. Get in here, fuckers.
>>51879318
>>
>>51879305
If you can't think of a way to become invulnerable using Excisions and Entities with the Life Arcanum...

You're not a very good Seeker.
>>
>>51879305

Automatic reformation you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>51879336
There are a variety of ways to use Life to enhance the durability of the human body, by removing weaknesses such as the need for air, water, food, and removing the aging process.
You can even set the default period for regeneration to be a billion'th of a second.

But even that can't save you from complete, instantaneous cellular annihilation.
Because at that point, there's no Life to work with.
>>
>>51879377

>what is the Practice of Entities
>>
>>51879355
How, when there's nothing left?

You guys are being stupidly liberal with the Imperial practices.
>>
>>51879377
You're thinking of Excisions, Anon. Both Death & Life granting invulnerability is exclusive to both, depending on the Arcanum

Death for Excisions

Life for Entities
>>
>>51878674
Gelignite?
>>
>>51879390

Not really. You're just being a fucking dumbass with your apparent lack of creativity.
>>
>>51879389
How does changing how something in the purview of Life interacts with the target allow you to instantaneously regenerate your entire body from literally nothing, while ensuring your soul does not instantaneously flee the absence of a lifeform, as it does when you die?
>>
>>51879415

I don't think you know how Entities works. I suggest you go back and re-read Imperial Mysteries pgs 35 - 37
>>
>>51879414
>Apparent lack of creativity
You mean, me reading the rules and not interpreting something which isn't there as being there?

You would have thought they'd have put "can regenerate from literally nothing, remaining alive in the meantime" there next to "change healing rates" and "removing the aging process".
>>
>>51879445
>"can regenerate from literally nothing"

Why not just use Entities to make yourself indestructible instead? Regeneration is flawed if you can't re-anchor your soul.
>>
>>51879441
I'm reading the section right now, Anon.
You either grant a power native to that Arcanum to an entity or object, or you modify how something in the purview of the Arcanum interacts with the target.

Seems pretty retarded to say that means "Life persists in your complete lack of existence, and you heal from non-existence".
>>
>>51879469
Indestructible how? That's the important factor.
You don't just say, yeah I cast the immortality spell.

You've got to explain the nature of your "immortality", what it entails.
And there's almost always a way around it.
>>
>>51879402

I always assumed this as well. Life and Death are polar opposites, as are the Practices of Excisions and Entities. Both can, potentially, enable the Seeker to declare himself unkillable.

Mind might also be a valid choice.
>>
>>51879485
>And there's almost always a way around it

Yeah, other beings capable of casting Imperial magic. Not much else.

>You don't just say, yeah I cast the immortality spell
But that's exactly how Imperial magic works, Anon. You can do literally anything at this point. You just need to work for the Quintessence.
>>
>>51879516
>You can do literally anything at this point
And this is why I don't play with people from 4chan
>>
>>51879485
>cast Life 9 Transfiguration
>immortal and indestructible
>>
>>51879528
Oh, how mature of you. You don't like how a game is designed so you start flailing? This is how Imperial Mysteries was written. Everything goes if you work hard enough for it.
>>
>>51879528
>I don't like what you like
>you must be stupid

I think you're just a total bitch, to be honest.
>>
File: pppfffffffffttt.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pppfffffffffttt.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>51879390

>You guys are being stupidly liberal with the Imperial practices
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.