[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone seen that new germanic tribes codex? Holy fuck that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 377
Thread images: 44

File: images-34.jpg (12KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
images-34.jpg
12KB, 262x192px
Has anyone seen that new germanic tribes codex?
Holy fuck that shit is broken

How can the roman compete?
>>
>>51858478
They can't.
After the whole debacle about splitting the Roman Empire, they've been bumfucked to oblivion. However, if you think the Germanic tribes is overpowered, what till you see the newest fuckers to entry the fray. Mother Fucking Huns
>>
>>51858541
Don't even get me fucking started on archer calvary
I miss the good old days of elephant spam
>>
>>51858579
Oh fuck, remember when the little bitches are like
>HUEHUEHUE YOU CAN'T BE MY ELEPHANTS!
>Bring out the flaming piggies with your spearmen
>RRRRREEEEEE!!!!!! CHEATER CHEATER!!!!
Fucking loved those days man.
>>
Oh boo hoo hoo my roman army isn't OP anymore

How many editions have the developers been wanking the Romans now? It feels like fucking centuries. They even used them to write off the Greeks AND Carthage

I will never fucking forgive them for the blatant favoritism they played during the Phyrrus Campaign where they retconned a shitload of Greek victories into defeats and then killed Phyrrus off screen so they could push their fucking Roman Empire plotline. Well there's new management and now that they split Rome into two separate factions (the only way to deal with how big it had gotten in the fucking lore) they're adding new factions and it's about time. The Germanics, Goths, and Hun codex will be out soon. Get fucked Romeaboo, your faction stopped being interesting when it stopped being a Republic
>>
>>51858672
Going to be honest, while I was a Roman fag, I'm starting to like the Saxon faction that's coming out soon. Nothing better then slapping those Britons around like the little bitches they are.
>>
File: Nqp0RjP.jpg (38KB, 480x418px) Image search: [Google]
Nqp0RjP.jpg
38KB, 480x418px
>>51858672

>mfw play Mongolians
>mfw no stupid skub battles over my faction

Stay mad, Eurocuck players
>>
Hi, from the future, cherish this time. 40 Editions from now you'll have to deal with the Machine Gun Winter, and 2 editions later, something called Nuclear gets so overbuffed that nobody ever even bothers playing out campaigns anymore.
>>
>>51858478
>Gaius Germanicus coming right up
>>
>>51858478
What is so broken about it? I mostly see spearmen in fur cloaks, what's the big deal?
>>
>>51858807
They can take Roman formations be default but don't need to pay for auxiliaries to get cavalry or archers. Also their units are points cheaper.

The only thing Rome has over on them is the legionnaire special rules which I hear are gonna get nerfed
>>
>>51858807
Do you know how many of those fuckers they can field at once?
They can field a lot of them
>>
>>51858852
Yeah but the old Germanics could do that too and Legionnaires shredded them once they could formation up

The real problem is they get formations too and don't have a lot of the old Barbarian weaknesses because of cross training, it's a call back to how the Romans used to use auxiliaries in the lore. These guys learned to fight from the Romans.
>>
>>51858845
>>51858852
This sounds familiar - how would they do against Parthians?
>>
File: images-52.jpg (4KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
images-52.jpg
4KB, 209x241px
>everyone in this thread still playing spear of war
>not playing SoW 2k
Look at these fags
>>
>>51858919
Chinkminkies get out of here. Nobody wants your kind in these forests.
>>
>>51858918
Hard to say, the Parthians are more of a problem for the eastern Romans. I'd say the Parthians higher emphasis on cavalry (I hear the new army is gonna be really cavalry based too) might edge them over.
>>
File: 1429241361223.jpg (232KB, 1516x716px) Image search: [Google]
1429241361223.jpg
232KB, 1516x716px
>>51858807
>>51858852

These anons need to listen to this anon right here >>51858912

It's not that the dev finally decided to make the Barbarians competitive with their old units, they basically just took the Roman auxiliary units and decided to make an entire codex out of them.

I guess the meta will be more balanced now, but get ready for "big bloc of shieldwall" vs. "big bloc of shieldwall" ad infinitum until the Huns show up and give everyone the horse archer D.

>>>inb4 Sassanid shitters pretend anyone plays a faction east of Constantinople.
>>
>>51858958
Interesting. So I might invest in an army of these Germanics - what are their special units like?
>>
>>51858704
What did you say about me, you little bitch?
>>
>>51859110
That you're going to get SAXONED when the time comes, little Briton boi.
>>
>>51858478
they fucking don't, the whole setting is ramping up for an end times event where they split everyone into individual factions
>>
>>51858721
Beat your faggot ass red with my Knights of Malta.
>>
I heard they're adding in another game to the franchise
SoW: medieval
Here's a leak piece of concept art
>>
FUCKING AGE OF CHARLEMAGNE MAN
>>
File: raughing man.jpg (28KB, 680x364px) Image search: [Google]
raughing man.jpg
28KB, 680x364px
>>51859201

Sorry I can't hear you over my 10:1 win-loss ratio.
>>
>>51859329
Why do I get a stirring in my loins to go after the Saracens and save the holy land?
>Still I hear the scream of thousands
>CRUCIFY! CRUCIFY!
>>
>>51858919
It got shitty when they dropped the 2016 Election. We're sick of world wars.
>>
File: Celts_Warriors01_full.jpg (42KB, 525x340px) Image search: [Google]
Celts_Warriors01_full.jpg
42KB, 525x340px
I'm really digging the new Celts supplement build. Really lets me fluff up my army and the warpaint special rules are killer.
>>
>>51859433
>Liking the meme faction
>>
File: 1487396992820.jpg (285KB, 708x826px) Image search: [Google]
1487396992820.jpg
285KB, 708x826px
Could be worse, you could be playing seleucids
>>
>>51859433
>MEME
>E
>M
>E
>>
File: When you forgot your armor.png (129KB, 365x437px) Image search: [Google]
When you forgot your armor.png
129KB, 365x437px
>>51858478
>mfw Rome is sacked
>>
>>51859407
>we're sick of world wars
Yeah the writers dug themselves into a ditch, if any war breaks out its another world war
How ever all the codex rules are well written and balanced and special ops. And gang wars are tons of fun
Ain't nothing like ambushing in 9 ISIS operatives and fucking over my enemies with suprise machine guns
>>
I'm still reeling at the addition of "maille".

Fucking bullshit makes wealthy characters immortal; what kind of scaling is this?
>>
File: 1485252220274.jpg (148KB, 391x514px) Image search: [Google]
1485252220274.jpg
148KB, 391x514px
>>51859477
>How ever all the codex rules are well written and balanced
>Be US Army
>Curbstomp all other armies
>>
>>51859534
I predict power creep will result in everyone having it, then the developers will release an even more OP armor.
>>
>>51858478
Stone age tribe plays are still viable. I don't give a fuck what anyone says.
>>
>>51859546
Have you seen the new russian codex?
Those fucking tanks man
And all of europe has the ability to field each others units cause EU
China is china
>>
>>51859546
>Doesn't know about the upcoming civil war pack for the Americans
>Doesn't know that the US Army is going to get nerfed wen the Civil War Pack comes out
>Doesn't know that a bunch of the writers a Chinaboo fags and they're getting bonuses out of the wazhoo.
>>
>>51859602
The fact that north korea has so much fucking plot armor is a fuckibg crime
>>
>>51859578
>Have you seen the new russian codex?
>Those fucking tanks man
America's shits on those tanks. That automated turret rule means shit.
>And all of europe has the ability to field each others units cause EU
But it doesn't get the same rapid deployment or cheap airborne units, nor is its airstrike phase as strong.

>>51859602
You actually think they're stupid enough to weaken their poster boys like that?
>>
File: 1482459078155.jpg (172KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1482459078155.jpg
172KB, 1000x1000px
>>51859640
Doesn't help their crunch any though!
>>
>>51859640
Don't get me started.
>>
>>51859651
Yes, I do. Look at what happened with that one game, I forget what it was called. Something something warhammer I think? Ahhh, doesn't matter. I don't trust the writers, which is why I mostly play SOW: Bronze edition and SOW: Iron edition. Can't wait for the Medieval edition to come out.
>>
>>51859663
>forgetting the fact that north korea can field chinese troops
Clearly you never had to deal with a nork player in your LGS
>>
File: 1476378679968.png (282KB, 375x582px) Image search: [Google]
1476378679968.png
282KB, 375x582px
>>51859709
>Can't wait for the Medieval edition to come out.
>That sexy platemail
>>
>>51859734
They lost that rule.
>>
>>51859651
They can't ley an army who dominates the air phase stay as strong in the ground phase

And also look at SoW where they fucking obliterated the romans
>>
>>51859753
Wait really?
Was there an errata i missed?
>>
File: Sexy Time.jpg (1MB, 1000x1269px) Image search: [Google]
Sexy Time.jpg
1MB, 1000x1269px
>>51859744
>SEXY
>E
>X
>Y
>>
>>51859762
>They can't ley an army who dominates the air phase stay as strong in the ground phase
They can and they will. Just watch.

>And also look at SoW where they fucking obliterated the romans
Romans were edgy anti-Christian Imperialists. Not even their half-hearted "No, the Romans are totally not Christophobic now guise!!!" ploy was hackneyed.
>>
>>51859787
It's in the Legacy of the Soviets book which overruled things like America's Preferred Enemy: Russia and put the Middle Eastern armies front and center when they used to be a sideshow to give the game some exotic flavor.
>>
Is this what fantasy characters talk about?
>>
>>51859836
Oh okay
That got over ruled by the election of 2016 book tho?
>>
>>51859861
No, the only thing that changed for the Middle East was fluffwise. I think they're about to Cossack ISIS.

In general, the Election of 2016 was mostly fluff, setting the stage for actual crunch in the future.
>>
File: Alexander.jpg (21KB, 343x480px) Image search: [Google]
Alexander.jpg
21KB, 343x480px
>>51858478
They can't be worse than the Persians. I know it's not too unbalanced NOW, but god fucking dammit they're so fucking unfun to play against and they don't fit the game at all. They're badly written and badly designed, both mechanically and aesthetically, and their players are completely obnoxious. I won't be satisfied until they're nerfed into the ground and slowly forgotten, to be honest.
>>
File: images-55.jpg (8KB, 187x270px) Image search: [Google]
images-55.jpg
8KB, 187x270px
>>51859895
I play SoW 19k
You're in for a surprise anon
>>
>>51859892
>cossack ISIS
but my special ops. list?
>>
>>51859954
Hope you enjoy 4E, cuz you're stuck there forever!
>>
>>51859973
Welp
Guess i'll sell them off and buy a CIA list instead
>>
>>51859546
>playing only the babby scenarios
come get rekt 1v1 m8
>>
20k players gtfo this is a SoW Classical thread reeee

And take your dark ages shitters with you those novels were terrible they have completely tuned Franz Ferdinand's character
>>
File: images-49.jpg (10KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
images-49.jpg
10KB, 253x199px
THE CRUSADER CODEX IS HERE
MEDIEVAL WASN'T A LIE
THE CRUSADER CODEX IS HERE
>>
File: ;3.jpg (85KB, 511x676px) Image search: [Google]
;3.jpg
85KB, 511x676px
>>51858478
>Expecting shit thread
>It's actually pretty good
>>
>>51864630
>Deus Vult meme
God, I wish they've stopped pandering to that bunch of obnoxious asshats. That meme wasn't funny the first time around when they've introduced it as April's Fool joke faction, but the fact they are now trying to push official codex, which looks just as stupid as the one made by fandom? No thanks. Last thing I want is an army getting power by killing and loosing it whenever rational decisions are made. Fucking gimmicks.
>>
>>51859546
>US Army
>Absolutely incapable of facing asymmetric warfare
It's like you never played against any minor Asian factions, who all get bonuses to that, be it either fuck-huge terrain bonus, ability to field regular units of their allies for free or religious-inducted bonuses. All of which the US Army is hopeless and gets always rekt. Their lack of any flexibility is what you should exploit against them, not use as their main power.
You are literally playing that faction wrong.
Or never met a dedicated minor player.
>>
>>51859329
Deus Vult
>>
Did they nerf or remove the nukes yet? That bullshit removes all player agency. "I kill you whole army! Well I kill yours too!", it's like fucking kindergarten all over again. Not to mention how some factions have absolutely no access to it because reasons. They expect people to buy in and stay quiet after learning they're supposed to be an NPC faction? If that were me I'd send the devs a bomb or something.

Sorry, I'm just venting. Haven't had a good game in what seems like decades. It seems that a lot of people moved on to skirmish systems.

Anyway, back to the topic: what's with the nukes? Last I heard it was a protracted drama between butthurt devs as unwilling to budge as only hardcore grogs can be. There was talk of nerfs, but it's a drop in the ocean imo, that shit is bad for the game.
>>
>>51859546
>Other armies
That's the point. They are only good against other armies. Have you tried to pit them against even the basic, generic guerilla set? Not to mention actual guerilla factions, like Viet Cong or Mujahideen Fighters. They are completely helpless against those.
>>
>>51859110
>mfw when people use special characters from the legends and mysteries compendium to win games for them
Fucking WAAC fags, Arthur is half-canon at best.
>>
File: maori-warriors.jpg (70KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
maori-warriors.jpg
70KB, 500x333px
>>51859576
Those are the best plays.
You can face with those fuckers up to anything but late industrial era armies and wreck their shit easily.
>>
>>51864791
>God, I wish they've stopped pandering to that bunch of obnoxious asshats.
You thinking the crusaderfags are fucking obnoxious, you've never played with a Heianfag.
>Muh Naginata
>Muh Horse Archers
>Muh Seasonal Typhoon fucking with shit
>Muh Onna-Bugeisha
>Muh Minamototo
Fucking faggots. Mostly, I hate the fucking typhoon rule. Stupid Kamikaze bullshit.
>>
>>51859154
Last time I've checked, Brittany was still holding strong and it took diplomacy to take it down, not war. Ofc the editors had heavy French biase at the time, so they've basically removed every unique units and reducted Brittany to low-tier ships.
>>
>>51865563
Son, those are not Heianfags. Heianfags are literal fags, writing poetry and doing Romanticism a millenium ahead of rest of the world.
You are obviously talking about Kamakura fags.

And they are literally nothing when compared with Sengoku fags. That's literally insane bullshit. I mean... the sheer amount of interchangable factions, each having one single gimmick... who wrote that shit?! I get it, it easily sells minis, since you only need to paint them in slightly different colors, but come on! Put some creativity in it!

And then comes the fucking Meiji codex. I mean... everyone had to lineary progress to get to machine guns. Weaboos just get them for free, with instant modernisation, one codex being feudal state of knight, the next suddenly being modern country with standing army and navy.
Seriously, fucking weebs doing the writing...
>>
>>51864691
We have these threads a lot, actually, they're always pretty comfy.
>>51865578
>later editions had a french bias
You mean when they gave Henry IV half of France for no reason?
>>
>>51865611
Nanban rules are the worst. Here I was, building my army of horse archers and pike infantry... well guess what, the other guy bought just fuckload of cheap musket units, with a faction having extra bonus to making them even cheaper. In the end, he could have four time the size of my army at the same point limit. Not only that, but you can't even get close to them, because the Bamboo Wall rule and the closer you get, the bigger the damage. I would get if that was some elite unit or if their main trait was being cheap, but this is ridiculous!
>>
>>51865637
Yeah, fucking "muh religion" excuse. Shittest excuse since the time of "muh Janissaries", when they've decided they need a reason to suddenly put islamic faction in Europe and bolster Turkish faction.
But then again, Janissaries get nerfed into being useless shit, while French faction remained as strong as it was, even after in fluff it was loosing wars left and right and get their shit pushed in the New World Codex.
Now I can't even use my Indian Auxiliaries minis, because some shitty fluff removed France from New World completely.
>>
>>51858478
all this fucking barbarian pandering is pissing me off, when is Egypt getting an Update? all it got was shitty reskins of hellenistic units.
>>
>>51865671
Meanwhile Britain players get to use basically any minis they like, even ones that are usually explicitly for one faction because of "Muh biggest empire ever" and pull off bullshit combos with no regard to the fluff.
>>
>>51864791
Hey, they needed to somehow use all those molds for low tier medieval units. Nobody wanted to play with inferior infantry with awful stats, so their marketing spinned the whole Crusade thing to both give fluff excuse to pit against each other amies that couldn't normally meet. I mean... English fighting with Arabs? What next? Spaniards conquering entire continent with their bandit-tier armies?
>>
>>51865705
>Muh Gurkhas
>Muh Australians
>Muh Canadians
And they've got a fucking discount when they field those units under "Colonial" tag. They literally can field regular army, not just some auxiliaries, for almost no point cost. Who cares if their units are inferior to everyone else, if they bring two times the allowed amount and it all still is under the point limit? And then is the fact some of those units are clearly OP.
At least their navy got nerfed into oblivion, because that shit was unbearable.
>>
>>51865705
I miss old times, when there was still quality control. Remember Angevin Empire? When they've realised how OP it was, so it was simply dismantled in a fluff? Sure, the exuse was really cheap, I mean shipwreck, but at least they were still making sure no faction gains absurd edge.
>>
>>51865725
I honestly couldn't believe it the day they made the United American Colonies it's own faction, the look on the britfag's face at my FLGS was worth a thousand defeats.

God, I hope that Gandhi book rumour turns out to be true, losing South Africa and India in one book would be hilarious.
>>
>>51865710
Well then they've should give units better design in the first place! It's almost Pokemon-tier design
>Lel, I just put a bucket on that guys head
>Totally works as a helmet!
>>
File: St. Greg.png (270KB, 318x437px) Image search: [Google]
St. Greg.png
270KB, 318x437px
WOLOLOOOOO
>>
>>51865762
As if that solved anything. Instead single OP British faction we had still powerful Brits and new faction that got wanked in the fluff into superpower status, while in the first edition their best unit was militia-tier. Literal plot cancer, when for fluff reasons they've turned an insignificant minor that was barely present to the biggest faction in game.

And don't get me started on German faction, which routinelly gains super fun and roughtly balanced units with new codex, but then somehow the fluff makes sure they've lost all their wars. I mean every fucking time they end up loosing, while having best armies on the table and without being OP.
I mean... remember how everyone was scared of that Wunderwaffe expansion and even those "super" units turned out balanced and reasonable? Sure, powerful, but also with price to match.
>>
>>51859534
Celt player here, mail has been in our codex since first edition...
>>
>>51865747
I think they were nerf'd too hard for a while there personally, the fluff for John were godawful, and Henry III wasn't much better, at least the Edward I - Llywelyn book was alright.
>>
>>51865578
OH shit mang, I was talking about Iron edition with the migration pack. I got too excited, I should of said Romano-Briton. Sorry about that. Also, I'm going to Medieval soon, what faction should I pick? I don't care about who's stronger, I just want opinions.
>>51865611
Kamakurafag's eh? Ok, I swore he said Heian, but I digress. I admit that the Nippon codexs are pretty shitty (fucking weebs mate), but I do like Jomon codex. They're pretty equal to the other codexes in the Bronze edition, but they do have a bonus to agriculture (not like the Minoans though, those fucking bastards).
>>
>>51865807
Yeah, but that's because entire focus went into Crusade Codex, so not only their best writers were busy there, but even the guys doing regular job were working around that codex. So they've pretty much out-sourced the fluff for all factions, not only English. No wonder so much weird shit happend in the fluff back then.
>>
>>51865796
>yet another faggot acting like there was no time between roman era and colonial
Fuck you anon, the Brit story arc had a really good progression throughout the Medieval books to being a powerhouse in western europe and everyone acts like they went straight from the worst roman auxiliaries to a global superpower.
>>
>>51865813
Try Eastern Europe factions. They have really interesting vibe in them and man, they do look cool. It's almost like you were still in Iron edition, but you have Medieval stats. The downside is serious lack of ranged units, but hey, you asked about opinions.
And ignore Bohemian faction completely. I swear, those are literally HRE units with different coloring scheme.
>>
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Holy Roman Empire.
>>
>>51865854
>English
>Powerhouse in western europe
>In medieval
You mean the fucking push-over that got continously kicked and beaten by everyone? Even without plot armor a laughstock like Scottish faction managed to keep them busy.

If you want talking powerhouse, you can talk France and all it's subdivisions. That's how all subfactions should be made, really. You have this main line of basic units, and then add local variety, so all minis have distinctive look, slightly different stats and yet it doesn't come with any price gimmicks like the one they gave to Brits, who can field units from other factions cheaper than those factions on their own. That's just fucking stupid rule and should be cut entirely. It was already OP when they were using it in India, but at least back then it was justified, as otherwise they would be unable to field almost any troops without some bullshit put in the fluff. But they kept the rule ever since, while there is no excuse for it anymore.
>>
>>51865856
I'm ok with the lack of ranged units, I know it's harder to play, but I like getting in there dirty and all that jazz. Hmmm, I'm looking at the Lithuania faction and they seem pretty good. Underdog status, fast movement, good for hit and runs. However, Kievan Rus also looks pretty fucking tasty. I'm going to have to think about this for a bit. I'll also wait for other's opinions before finally choosing.
>>
>>51865893
>You mean the fucking push-over that got continously kicked and beaten by everyone?
Post the 1066 conquest (one of the best scenarios in all SoW), name one faction that ever put one boot on Great Britain.
Also, did I miss a memo one what SoW actually stands for.
>>
>>51865893
Oh please, they're not OP. Actually getting hold of plentiful empire units when not fighting in the right area is hard and if you are in those areas getting that core of disciplined and high firepower foot is costly.

Building good Brit lists takes careful balancing or it'll all fall through.

Now on the naval front I'm willing to concede we are total bullshit, fucking named admirals showing up in every theatre.
>>
>>51865525
Actually, that reminds me

How come the Coalition force didn't get to benefit from all the Brit experience fighting terrorists in the Troubles campaign?
You'd think America's closest allies, who'd spent a couple of decades dealing with terrorists and especially bombs, would have some input, but they didn't really get anything in counter-insurgency - like, I think there was a footnote about no-one really giving a shit about a terrorist attack in London, using the same bus the next day, but nothing to show on the table
>>
>>51865944
SOW means Spears Of War
>>
>>51865944
>What is plot armor
That's literally the only thing keeping the conquest.
Remember tha Spanish Armada expansion? Which in the same time introduced decent Spanish naval units, but the fluff made sure they can't be used to push English shit? Literally Kamikaze-tier bullshit

>>51865945
>Deploy Canadians, 1/4 of normal price, good tanks
>Deploy Australians, 1/3 of normal price, absurdly powerful infantry with no terrain penalties unless arctic
>Before Ghandi Codex - deploy Indian Auxiliaries, 1/10 of normal price, even if stats on par with militia
You were saying something about careful balancing? That entire faction is no brainer, as long as the fucking Commonwealth rules are in place.
>>
>>51865964
>How come the Coalition force didn't get to benefit from all the Brit experience fighting terrorists in the Troubles campaign?
Becuause IRA doesn't count as guerillas, but rather a militia. So they got bonus against militia units, but not genuine guerilla forces.
No, seriously, just go check the unit tags. All IRA forces are under militia and still only few units in British set got bonus against those.
>>
>>51865981
Oh God you're a Sow: Worldwide War player that explains it, life is much better in :Empire and Sail mate.
>>
>>51865981
Not the anon you're talking too, but you seem to forget that Canadians get an far less attrition in arctic conditions and in the snow, and I thought all the commonwealth get a morale bonus when fighting together (However, the fucking Canadians also get a morale bonus if they fight along side the Americans, fucking bullshit if you ask me).
>>
>>51866021
Sail gives them too strong navy for my taste. Especially the ability to conscript pirates and keep them 100% loyal, while other factions can only hope their privateers will not rebel at any moment. Meanwhile, their infantry, which you gonna use in 95% of matches, is one of the blandest in those editions. Literally baseline units, but in red coats.
>>
>>51866044
Since we are talking about fucking bullshit - they also get morale bonus when fighting with AND against French. Now THAT is some major bullshit.
>>
>>51866055
Don't get me started on that bullshit, like holy crap I know the Canadian military isn't the strongest, but for fuck sakes add them into a mixed group and they become bullshit tier. Fucking hell, that's why I stay in the Stone, Bronze, Iron, and now going into the Medieval edition.
>>
>>51865813
What this >>51865856 anon said. Eastern Europe has the best units when it comes to looks. They are so-so crunch-wise and rather hard to paint (all those furs and bling), but absolutely fabulous. Also, all Rus factions can use horde rules, so each 4th unit of the same type comes for free.
>>
Exactly why this stuff is not codified into actual rules for minis?
There have been so many threads like this, it should be just a matter of collecting shit together.
>>
>>51866103
You're an idiot.
>>
>>51866092
It's only 4th in Medieval? Under Commie expansion, you get 3rd unit for free to each pair and if you get three free units this way, you also gain free artillery support for those. Fortunately, to prevent it from being completely OP, the "artillery" is tied with the units you are deploying, so the cheapest conscript infantry will end up with basic heavy machine guns rather than actual artillery guns.
But with a bit of room to field enough Guard units (10 I think), you suddenly gain tank support for free this way under For The Motherland! rules
>>
>>51866117
No, seriously, this could be turned into tongue in cheek battle game a la combination of Princess Pillowfighter and Army Men
>>
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Dictator" bullshit that's going on in the SoW system right now. Napoleon deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine Bonaparte in France for 2 Euros (that's about £20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even defeat slabs of solid shields and cannon with Napoleon.
Corsican parents spend years working on a single potential post-revolution leader and send it to military school up to a million times to produce the finest Generals known to mankind.
Napoleons are thrice as smart as British Generals and thrice as good at naval combat for that matter too. Anything Genghis Khan can invade, Napoleon can invade better. I'm pretty sure Napoleon could easily invade Russia during the winter and come out on top.
Ever wonder why Prussia never bothered conquering France? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined French army and their Napoleons of destruction. Even in World War II, German soldiers targeted the country with the Napoleonic Code first because it's truth and justice was feared and respected.
So what am I saying? Napoleon Bonaparte was simply the best leader that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Napoleon Bonaparte:
(French General)
Command Model
Inspiring Leadership (18" range)
+3 moral boost to French Units
-2 morale penalty to British, Spanish, Prussian, Russian and German troops
(French Dictator)
Command Model
Inspiring Leadership (24" range)
+5 moral boost to French Units
-4 morale penalty to British, Spanish, Prussian, Russian and German troops
Now that seems a lot more representative of the leadership of ol' Boney in real life, don't you think?
tl;dr = Napoleon needs to do provide more bonuses in SoW, see my new stat block.
>>
>>51866190
Oh fuck, it's you. Go back to your corner Napoleonfag.
>>
>>51866225
British player spotted.
>Muh Waterloo
Literally Agincourt 2.0 bullshit
>>
>>51866225
Still mad about Nelson? :^)
>>
>>51866190
>Napoleons are thrice as smart as British Generals
But 3x0=0
>>
>>51866247
>>51866248
Still salty that America didn't help you when you sold them Louisiana?
>>
>>51866248
>Using unit from Naval set to talk about regular Battle set
Typical British player, who thinks having OP navy is all that matters, but then needs to call everyone and their mom for help when actual land battle happens.
>>
>>51866261
>Didn't help
>What is war of 1812
You were saying?
I mean, sure, they could do more than that, but they still tried to do their best from the other side of the map.
>>
>>51866261
I guess you weren't reading fluff for the Napoleonic Campaigns codex. How the hell you think American troops are in it and allied with France to boot? There is even a small, but well-written campaign called "War of 1812" to give the American side something to do, while British players got a chance for revange for that fluff-based defeat in the codex introducing Americans as separate faction.
>>
>>51859329
The saracens sound interesting.
I've heard theres going to be some crazy shit where they overrun the east part of the roman empire but it was probably just rumors.
>>
File: IMG_1048.png (1015KB, 800x544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1048.png
1015KB, 800x544px
>>51866190
Don't make us call him again Nappy.
>>
>>51866287
Wait. Shit you're right. This is why I stay with the earlier editions, I'm not good with all the crazy stuff they put in the newer stuff. Sorry about that.
>>
>>51866336
That's not Saracens, that's Turks. They are like Saracens, but can use horde roles and got serious buff to their discipline stat.
Unfortunately, they were introduced solely as a plot device to finally end the Roman Empire arc that was dragging for so many editions. After they've did their job, they were nerfed and eventually removed.
Seriously, why are you still playing Medieval codex, while there have been so many more interesting ones?
>>
>>51865879
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
I found three things wrong
>>
>>51866348
I know, I still play Bronze each time I find players for that, but it's getting harder over years. And all the new kids don't even touch anything below Baroque edition, because playing with artillery is much easier for newbs.
>>
>>51866397
>I still play Bronze each time I find players for that,
Well, we every meet Anon, I'll play Bronze with you. I've got a nice Minoan army that's waiting to kick some ass fucking sea people though, RRRRREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>51858478
Good. Rome should have gotten fucked in Punic Wars block, but because the designers wank over their muh Roman Mary Sues, they had to pull a deus ex machina out of their ass so they could beat Hannibal. Fuck this game, fuck Scipio and fuck Romans. It's like they don't even give a fuck about their lore and just retcon non-stop.
>>
>>51866433
Sea People was one of the biggest mistake ever commited in the fluff. Literally the worst story arc ever, and you can't even play as them. Just suddenly a massive army comes from nowhere, conquers everyone and that's how Bronze ends, while first edition of Iron just introduced the same factions back anyway, but with minor changes in them.
>>
>>51859473
Source?
>>
>>51866460
This shit literally drags up until Napoleonic Campaig codex, where the last remnant of Romans - even if in name only - is finally removed. God, it's like some old fart in executive branch is a Romaboo and only when he retired, they could get rid of that shit entirely
>Rome, city state, so OP it in fluff takes entire region of the map alone and beats Carthage into nothing
>Roman Republic, so OP it conquers half of the world, removing all Greek and Hellenistic factions
>Roman Empire, so OP, they had to split it in two, or there would be nobody else left in European map, but megaempire and bunch of tribals
>East Roman Empire being such a big scope in Medieval, the entire codex ended with removing ERE
>Finally free of this shit
>Hey guys, what if we had Romans, but in Germany? And Catholic as fuck, too!
>HRE drags till Napoleonic Campaigns
Why was this even allowed?!
>>
>>51866522
Rome is our game's space marines simple as, they sell well and are loved my the majority of the player base.

Hell even I have a weakness for wrecking shit with ERE cataphracts or trying to make a Battle Pope list work.
>>
>>51866494
I work for TW, can confirm, Rome is getting sacked (again) in the next lore update. Yellow Dwarf will have the article.
>>
File: bad_posture_2.jpg (244KB, 951x657px) Image search: [Google]
bad_posture_2.jpg
244KB, 951x657px
>>51866494
Leaked cover art for the next YD, read it and weep boyos. Alaric's taking the eternal city
>>
I must thank you tg for lightning up my day with this thread.

Now onto business:
Any Thirty Years War player here?
What do you think about that Swede need lately?
I personally couldn't stand anymore fucking Gustav Adolf buffing into heaven his troops! I mean, I played once for shit n giggles in a 3v1 against a Swede player (us 3 were using all HRE troops) and he beat the ever living crap out of us!
>>
>>51866687
Swede nerf *
>>
>>51866190
>for 2 Euros (that's about £20,000)
kek
So Brit players, remind us again how did it go? "Fuck the in-house codex, we can write our own"?

The moral of the story is, never trust Cruddace to write even a shopping list.
>>
File: Gurkha.jpg (74KB, 500x538px) Image search: [Google]
Gurkha.jpg
74KB, 500x538px
>>51866001
Oh shit, I never noticed that before.
Just another one of those little "British unit quirks", like the BV in armoured vehicles (lol it's for tea XD, until you see the morale and crew endurance improvements) and the infantry still keeping the bayonet charge rules (which for some reason stacks with the amazing Gurkha bonuses, except you don't actually need a bayonet)
>>
File: 04d.jpg (15KB, 201x247px) Image search: [Google]
04d.jpg
15KB, 201x247px
>When the Dreadnought class was introduced and made every single navy completely useless

I hope that they'll atleast introduce something to counter them later, right now literally every naval battle is just about who has the most Dreadnoughts.
>>
File: Challenger2.jpg (337KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Challenger2.jpg
337KB, 1920x1080px
>>51866714
I mean, he's a treadhead, those are still fine.
Individually, anyway.

Everything else that's not super-specialised though...
>>
>>51866770
And the fluff is retarded, too.
>The Brits invent the Dreadnought
>It makes their own navy, the most OP one even in lore, useless
>>
File: HMS Agincourt.jpg (67KB, 1110x686px) Image search: [Google]
HMS Agincourt.jpg
67KB, 1110x686px
>>51866770
wtf was the business with having Brazil be the 3rd country to get a dreadnought, only to take it away again?

At first it looked like a totally left-field thing, but a kinda cool way to introduce a new faction to the world stage when combined with the end of the "good Emperor", but then it just got negated for no real reason
>>
>>51866494
http://trebuxet.deviantart.com/art/Battle-Exercise-512692497
>>
>>51864791
Fuck you man, the characterization and lore given to both sides with the Crusades Edition and the Jihadi codex was phenomenal and the special characters were all fantastic.

I STILL put holy warriors on my list just because the moral boost and special abilities make my Turkish army as hard to kill as an actual Cockroach.
>>
>>51866522
Complaining that ERE and HRE are romaboo is retarded, except for a few callbacks they are completely fucking different and specialize in different playstyles and enemies. HRE doesn't even have Greek Fire and that was a HUGE part of the play style for ERE

You lucked out, remember when they were hyping with that little lore tidbit with the Byzantine Princess and Charlagne's gold uniting the empires. Then it all turned out to be a fake out and she fucking died.
>>
File: 2le2dk1.jpg (49KB, 357x530px) Image search: [Google]
2le2dk1.jpg
49KB, 357x530px
>>51866770
>not running subs
It's the new meta, I'm telling you
>>
>>51865725
>Who cares if their units are inferior to everyone else, if they bring two times the allowed amount and it all still is under the point limit?
>two times
kek
You should try play against SOV player who can use "Great patriotic war" rule, that shit is so OP.
AND then they get Zhukov with his special rules.
WWII edition is so fucking broken.
GER can cheese their blitzkreig rule to wreck anything other than Soviets.
FRA was nerfed into oblivion.
ITA is a joke faction.
UK have their air bonus and that is all.
POLfags still think they will get new codex.
JAPs are meme faction.
And mericans can't do shit with their neutrality rule.

And I still have full KuK army that got squatted.
Worst edition ever.
>>
>>51867012
>WWII edition is so fucking broken.
>FRA was nerfed into oblivion.
>UK have their air bonus and that is all.
>Another scrub who doesn't know how to use the espionage rules
Why even play WWII if you don't know how to play a good quarter of the game?
>>
>>51865944
>Post the 1066 conquest (one of the best scenarios in all SoW), name one faction that ever put one boot on Great Britain.
The French
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fishguard
>>
>>51867095
>the espionage
Half the German intelligence hates the rest of Germany, the other half is so thick they can be fooled by a guy pretending to have gang of spies, when really he's just reading the newspaper in Lisbon

Playing espionage against Germany is easy as piss
>>
>>51867237
Well that's the point, you can't just go hurr durr germany is so OP when you ignore a good portion of the game like >>51867012 was doing.
>>
>>51867012
>And mericans can't do shit with their neutrality rule.
The next book is rumoured to add USA to the allies and introduce a pacific theatre.
>>
>>51867095
>FRA
>espionage
With what? French resistance is a joke, that can only compete with German one.

>>51867266
>The next book is rumoured to add USA to the allies and introduce a pacific theatre
Weebs will be OP, just wait till they publish Yamato stats.
Carrier players get ready to be fucked.
>>
>>51866687
Sigh... Noob player spotted, I guess. Just apply Polish Hussars on them. They exist for a reason, you know? And due to how Polish faction is organised, you can even use them as small merc detatchment in your army, as long as it's Catholic. You don't need a lot of them to wreck the shit out of Swedes, so it's doable.
>>
>>51866770
>Not running subs
>Not deploying shitload of torpedo boats
They exist precisely to counter dreadnoughts. So what you are going to lose ten torpedo boats against single dreadnought, if you can deploy 50 of them at the same price.
And if you are playing WWI codex, you can just use planes. Dreadnoughts are utterly defenseless against those.
>>
>>51866964
But have you read the fluff in codex covering just normal Medieval from the period when entire creative effort was put on Crusades and their fluff?
It's so fucking bland, a sixth-grader would wrote better stuff.
>>
>>51867012
>POLfags still think they will get new codex.
Their codex is fucking broken. I mean... all those fancy units, but the price for them?! Who cares if you can get tanks twice as good as Germans, if you will be lucky to deploy 2 of them, against fucking 20. And who the fuck decided to make their gimmick complete lack of radio communication? How the hell that's a bonus and not a penalty?!

Besides, you got SOV rules wrong or from the old codex. It's not like this now: >>51866157
Powerful, but not exactly OP. I mean at least now you can counter them, unless they are under Land Lease ruleset, which decrease cost of all units by 20%
>>
>>51867544
If the enemy can't intercept your radio, Grzegorz, then they can't predict your movement. That gives a small bonus against most of factions, aside those using blitzkrieg rules, since they don't need to predict your movement, as it simply allows to bypass any positions with pre-spotted weakspots.
>>
How do you guys feel about homebrew codexes?
>>
>>51867012
>JAPs are meme faction.
Only if you play land. They are literally Empire and Sail Britain, only in WW2 - the best navy of them all in vanilla game. It only get rebalanced with the Pacific Theatre expansion, but only with making American units cheaper, not better, so they can deploy in roughtly 2:3 ratio. And it does make a difference when you can cheese another carrier into the skirmish.
>>
>>51867583
>Homebrew
But that's from official Stone Age: Mesoamerica expansion. You know, the old small bonus expansion they've published along the first edition of Sail codex, introducing a bunch of really interesting factions that are completely out-teched by everyone else.
Just don't get me started on the Sneeze of Death rule. Half of your troops can be knocke out at the battle start, because the other side deployed just about any faction from any codex covering Old World.
>>
>>51867583
Is it not already bloated enough for them? I mean you have Spears of War, SoW: Bronze, Iron, Dark, Medieval, Sail, Colonial, Contemporary and two (Two!) World Wars, and I might have even forgotten a few.
>>
>>51867616
>Sneeze of Death
Yowza, don't remind me. I still think it's a ploy to make you buy more units. Tricky bastards.
>>
>>51867630
>a few
You literally posted only the most played ones. Clearly, you must be new to this game. I mean you probably play Modern with US Army faction and think you are cool, because you can wreck shit out of everyone.
Wait until you meet a dedicated Asian minor player, you fucking scrub. He will beat the shit out of your army with a bunch of guerillas in straw hats, looking almost like taken from the Sengoku minis.

>>51867639
No, that's a rule in horde factions. Where the entire point is to deploy more units, as they get cheaper to deploy with their numbers and you get free ones, as often as every 3rd unit under Mongolian Raiders codex.
>>
>>51867590
Yeah, but have you tried their tanks? They are so bad, they don't even quality under armor rules when using AT weapons. You need regular explosives to destroy them, or you will shot straight through them, probably only inflicting minor damage.
Who wrote that fucking rule?!
>>
>>51867664
>You literally posted only the most played ones.
Can someone post the full list?
>>
>>51867312
I have played Pacific.It's never ending ameriwank.

The OP soviet guards M4 is back,but now with even lower point cost and a upgrade called Ezmode.And Japan has pitiful AT.

Yamato has higher stats than the BBs,but the BBs don't care because of retarded rules.And the less i talk about the OP USA carriers the better.

Japanese infantry is shit tier.It has absurd morale and Zealot,but you can't get anything from it because USMC always wipe them out with their superior firepower.

The Zero may look awesome,but was soon rendered worthless after we started abusing It Will Not Die.And then a codex update introduced the Helllcat and Corsair.They make the Vulture look as treathening as a pigeon
>>
>>51867696
I'm afraid that would take few posts to get it all covered, since things start to get really tricky after Stone. By Iron you have separate base rules for each continent, and often just regions. And then comes the fact certain factions show up in later codexes, but technically speaking should come earlier. Like Aztec codex. Literal Stone faction suddenly appearing in Sail, as a bait for idiots to buy new faction that can't be played in any other period below Late Medieval, but is still under all Stone rules, and have stats to match.
>>
>>51867482
>Polish Hussars
They need to be nerfed NOW!
t.assblasted Ottoman player
>>
>>51867728
Iron was clearly a mistake. It's basically Bronze, most of the factions remain in place, but under changed names and with units painted grey rather than tan. If you have original edition of Bronze units, you can literally just paint them differently and use as Iron ones.
>>
File: tito.jpg (23KB, 473x350px) Image search: [Google]
tito.jpg
23KB, 473x350px
>only USSR and USA are viable in Cold War
>slavs are trash
>don't bother going to tourneys
mfw
>>
>>51867742
They are literally the only good unit for Polish faction. Without them, they can at best deploy some good, but extra expensive artillery and shit-tier militia made out of armed peasants.
I mean it's clearly a nod to weebs, a bunch of unarmoured infantry armed with yaris, but everyone pretending those are scythes.
>>
Its not the Germanic Tribes that are broken, its just a mob army.

Its the supplement German Auxilliary codex thats stupid as fuck.

Roman formation, fully armoured sword troop choices (rather than elites), centurions AND germanic toughness 4 with heavy horse cavalry?

They literally took the best thing about germans and the best thing about romans and made it a new list.

How the fuck can one even compete against that?
>>
>>51867781
Have you tried Huns? They make Germanic-themed armies look like a well-balanced, if not ourtight weak factions.
>>
>>51867780
>Without them, they can at best deploy some good, but extra expensive artillery and shit-tier militia made out of armed peasants.
Poland confirmed as IG of the game. Especially with their bonus against non-Catholics. You don't even need to use religious faction, the bonus triggers even against atheists and commies.
>>
>>51867780
I know, I just get assblasted when I play a nemesis style game (1 vs 4) and I'm the Ottoman empire, beating the shit out of >H >R >E, Habsburg Hungary and Republic of Venice, when all of sudden this faggot brings out 3000 Polish Hussars and turns the fucking tides against me. I had 140,000 soldiers and fucking 3,000 turn the tide. Worse part, after I get my ass beat, the faggot walks over and whispers to me.
>Then the winged hussars arrived
>Coming down the mountainside
Fucking faggot.
>>
>Play Bronze Age Collapse
>Rock sweet ass Elamite chariot list
>New Sea Peoples list comes out
>Javelin spam EVERYWHERE

So now every single cheap ass unit has a jav and kills my expensive chariot HQ. Whats worst is I have no fucking counter! 2 Horse Chariot dead in turn 2, 4 Horse War Chariot dead in turn 3.

Archers or Slingers? Dont kill enough to justify the points.

Infantry? Sea People Marines have better morale AND can deploy further. Not to mention their sword infantry cuts through even my overpriced Nubian axemen.
>>
>>51867728
Why can't they just fucking stop adding shit, or at least remove the old stuff?

Also, the Chinese faction is so fucking memey, it's been a good faction since Stone, and been re-implemented in every fucking edition. At least their 'civil war' quirk evens them out a bit. But right now it's a 50% chance that you will either dominate as China, or fail horribly if you get a civil war.
>>
>>51867770
>Cold War
Wut, I thought that was just a tie-in novel, what do the rules for that look like?
>>
>>51867859
>Elamite
>Nubian Axemen

Well firstly, you deserve it for running such an unfluffy mercenary codex.

However, I do agree. Even my elite Assyrian foot archers get flanked and stabbed to death.

Only Egypt has a good counter and thats relying on a fucking meme 6 story tall giant Pharaoh to stomp on the sea peoples.
>>
>>51859350
>Oooh, here comes this super speshul bullshit barbar out of nowhere
>Totally is the successor to Rome guys! Look, he reconquered half of the Western Empire
>Acts like a complete barbar, but NO GUYS HE'S A CHRISTABOO SO HE'S TOTALLY THE SUCCESSOR TO YOUR ROMANS IT'S BASICALLY THE SAME THING JUST UPDATED
>Saxons job HARD for him all the time in fluff

Fuck this shit. The Christianity expansion was a mistake. I hear they're going to basically slap "SUCCESSOR TO ROME" on every faction now instead of updating the Romans properly.
>>
>>51867898
>6 story tall giant Pharaoh
See >>51865555
>>
>>51867842
Well, you can always try to deploy grenadiers. They are suprisingly effective against hussars. I know Ottomans can't get native ones, but I think you can still afford an unit or two under mercenary rules, as long as you don't play with the Nationalism expansion. But since you play as Ottomans, I doubt you play with the biggest nerf ever done to your faction.
>>
>>51867883
China faction is literally the mainstay of the game and I don't mind that at all. I mean they are never OP and when they are weak, then that's usually because some new, flashy faction rolled over them or are out-teched badly. Just compare them with Roman, especially Roman Empire ruleset. Can you imagine Rome being written at least half as good as China is?
>>
>>51867902
>Curren year
>He wants more Rome
Fuck off, faggot. Rome literally drags through 3 fucking editions and then there is a lot of hassle in later codexes about successors of it. Even fucking Russian faction claims to be successor state.
Fuck Rome and fuck Romaboos
>>
>>51867936
>China faction is literally the mainstay of the game
Pffff, everyone knows that Europe is the flagship line.

Also, is anyone else interested in actually homebrew this up?
>>
>>51867884
The bad.
All western European countries are nerfed because muh WW2 metaplot. Most of eastern Europe gets annexed by the USSR and can only be auxiliaries. Africa got updated again and again their new book is nothing but nerfs. I have no idea how you can nerf a whole block of armies for five editions in a row and still have fans. USSR and US got even more overpowered and way more boring. Most of their experimental tanks and planes got axed in favor of a few generic models with next to no special abilities.

the good
Israel is a faction again for the first time in forever. Wierdly they're an espionage and assassin faction now. I don't really know where that comes from cause their Classical list was a terrorist one. Must be something in the Jewish metaplot novels, which I cannot be assed to read.

China got massive buffs and can almost compete. South east asian nations and the middle east are finally getting their own army books and generally being properly fleshed out.

The very good
All of Japan's meme builds have been straight up removed from the game.

All true slavs are one glorious country.
>>
>>51867936
This is the very reason why they are mainstay. They never were anyones favourite faction, there was no fan wank and a bunch of guys kept sure their writing is consistent. Shame the whole Modernisation rules started to heap penalties over them to the point you could either deploy completely outdated units or just a handful of half-baked rifle infantry, while all economy rules were basically making them unplayable as peaceful faction, not to mention economic victory. They overdid it slightly with the newest ruleset, giving them absurd bonuses to economy, but their military is still number-based, not quality one.
>>
>>51867947
Now I got to defend the Russian faction on this, because it's less of a successor state of Rome, and more of a successor of the Orthodox Church.
>>
What game is this and why can i not find any informations about it on the interwebs
>>
>>51867936
>China
>Not OP
Nigger the last 5 editions has had China as one of the leading factions. Let's be honest here China needs to fucking die. Let them go like fucking ROme.
>>
>>51867960
>Pffff, everyone knows that Europe is the flagship line.
Only if you play from Sail to Modern codexes. And even in those, there are exceptions. Stone doesn't favour anyone, Bronze gives massive bonuses to both Middle and Far East, and Iron keeps things perfectly balanced. Then bunch of Euroboos came along in Dark and started putting their Mary Sues into the lore. By late Medieval most of the old staff was already retired, to Euroboos took over and cranked up their cringeworthy "Europe is the only flavour you will ever need" into oblivion. They've fucking nerfed entire Middle East out of spite and then kept kicking fanbase for it in all following codexes.
>>
>>51867970
Read the fluff again. They literally claim to be "Third Rome" under Tsars of the Steppes codex.
>>
>>51858478
>getting conquest of America starter set
>friend gets the Spaniards for his already large collection
>I get the Aztecs and rulebook
>always shit talking my Aztec dudes
>MUH GUNPOWDER TECHNOLOGY!
>nothing but gun line and expensive small units
>using archers troops
>priest of Huitzilopochtli
>shorn ones
>hallucinogen drugs
>mfw I'm unstoppable
>mfw he hasn't defeat my Glorious hyperdruged shorn ones dedicated to Huitzilopochtli
>hfw all his guys end up in the sacrificial slate
How can others even compete?
>>
But really ive been looking for info on this game since i saw the thread this morning.

SoW? Spear of War? Im getting nothing from google or anything
>>
>>51868052
Biological warfare expansion OP
>>
>>51868060
Holy shit.
>>
>>51867884
It was going to lead to a big world war, the conclusion of the WW Trilogy they had planned, but when they noticed people were getting weary of the overblown scale of the conflict, the decided to abort the war, giving us a tangled mess of diplomacy rules, based on "force projection" and "deterrent factors", which was practically a dick waving contest.
>>
>>51868052
>Openly ignoring Sneeze of Death rule
Nice knowing you, scrub. Let me guess - you are just "fixing" the obvious mistake that was done in official rulesets, and that's the only sane decision to make in a homebrew, right?
Get the fuck out, you fucking cheater.
>>
>>51868104
I can almost guarantee that is not what this game is called
>>
>>51867583
>homebrew
Don't get me started
We had a guy playing an "Atlantis" codex from the net at our LGS once. He went over the rules and it was ridiculous, OP units, broken special abilities, utterly undercosted. And it didn't stop. When he started talking about the air phase (in a BRONZE game) I packed up my army and left
>>
>>51868151
Anon, you bloody sillyface, this game doesn't actually exist, it's an elaborate roleplay wherein everyone pretends real life history is a wargame.
>>
>>51868226
Atlantis fags are the worst. There should be finally some official codex for this shit to finally get rid of all those kids trying to ramp up the most broken army. Fucking lasers and stone flying ships. I've once met a guy who was basically trying to bullshit his way with mechas made out of onyx and powered by sun. I didn't even unpack my Maori warriors, there was no point talking with such faggot.
>>
>>51858478
Spend your points on the static defences from the Hadrian book.

Build a Wall!
>>
>>51868249

You've got to be ficking kidding me

I was super excited to try something new..
>>
>>51868286
>Build a wall
>All over Europe
It worked for Hardian, because he had 60 kilometers to cover. Try with 6000 and you are bound to fail. It took Chinese three codexes to build their own wall and it was still bypassed.
>>
>>51868286
>Spend all possible points on a defense
>not enough points left to field army over it
Even if you suddenly apply Empire workforce rules from Asian ruleset, you still won't get enough discout to keep points for units.
>>
>>51868014
I'm a dumdum. Sorry about that mate.
>>
>>51868299
I suppose the talk about the developers wanking off rome by using charlemagne to try to bring rome back didn't tip you off?
>>
>>51868338

Sounds like some dev shit to me..
>>
>>51868299
Nah, it's a thing /tg/ does occasionally.
Though this is the first time I recall seeing it since the election

>>51868309
Hell, Hadrian's didn't even do it on its own, they needed 2 just for the scots/picts - who weren't exactly known for siege weapons
>>
File: MaidDragon-Episode7-Omake-7.gif (830KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
MaidDragon-Episode7-Omake-7.gif
830KB, 540x303px
>>51868084
At least they don't have army wide miracles bullshit like the crusaders
>holy protection is balanced
>fiery devotion is fine
Ignoring wounds with more armour and ignoring your opponent armour is not balanced

>>51868128
>I don't know how dedication to Huitzilopochtli and shorn ones works the post
With dedication and the drugs the shorn ones can ignore the Sneeze of dead until they lost a round of combat or are forced to retreat you imbecile! And I also deploy a lunar goodness healer to keep the Huitzilopochtli priest sneeze free, seriously does /tg/ never plays any game?
Lastly

Lastly busty Quetzalcoatl priestess when?
>>
>>51867583
Literally just released if you don't like the rules then play other army, go play Rome like all the faggots
>>
File: IT'S TIME HEATHENS! CONVERT!.jpg (54KB, 550x401px) Image search: [Google]
IT'S TIME HEATHENS! CONVERT!.jpg
54KB, 550x401px
>>51868370
>Lastly busty Quetzalcoatl priestess when?
Looks like she's going to get CORTESED!
>>
>>51867012
>POLfags still think they will get new codex.
You know what, fuck you, fuck your Western mentality of "why, it's not gonna be profitable enough". We know we're not gonna get it, just like the ally tables last time. If you're not gonna make the minis, we'll go to Russian recasters.

even if it means some players switch factions
>>
>>51868450
>this triggers the aztecfag
>>
>>51868253
Good news is I heard they're going to retcon the shit out of those guys, about damned time.
>Guy at my LGS still pushing his Macedonians
Fuck off m8, everyone knows that their commander was so busted on top of being a horrendous Mary Sue that they killed him off.
Swear for the 1100 codex that motherfucker's going to move over to Mongolians for meme strategist Subutai.
>>
>Samurai Codex
>Isolationism Codex
>Meiji Codex
>Tojo codex
>Abe Codex
Every codex the japs get is really fucking interesting. How come they get all the good shit while the other asians are so neglected?

The Khmer Codex is great, though.
>>
>>51868478
>*1200 codex
But really, why the fuck do muh horse archers get so much damn mobility and accuracy?
At least English Longbowmen have to stand still when they murder your dudes from across the map.
>>
>>51868226
>"Atlantis"
Fucking pile of fucking shit. I play Minoans in my Bronze games, and this little cunt pulls the fucking bullshit >>51868253 said. Lasers and stone flying ships my ass! We all know that Homer spoke of Altantis, he was talking about the fucking Minoans, not this fucking bullshit. Holy shit I fucking hate those kids as much as the Winged Hussar faggots. Fucking SABATON!!!!!!! RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>51868450
Its ironic that I have never been beaten by a Spaniard player with my Aztecs, the problem of the conquistadors, the only good Spaniard codex is the knights expansion.

>Cortez
>not choosing El Cid Campeador
Shit taste anon, Cortez can be dealt with a single eagle warrior commander for all the game if necessary
>>
>>51868596
>Atlantis
So the fantasy expansion is going to be released then? Because that sounds interesting.
>>
>>51868642
Wasn't there some rule about Aztecs not being able to attack until part way through the game due to, y'know, them being a living avatar of the sun. Any spaniard that isn't totally incompatant should thrash you in half before you attack.
>>
>>51867770
>USSR
>I2
>>
>>51868547
>How come they get all the good shit while the other asians are so neglected?
>no new Chinese expansion
>no new Tzun tsu disciplines
>romance of the three kingdoms still frozen in the line
I just want Cao Cao in the game ffs
>>
Why the fuck is putting a man on the moon worth a bazillion Victory Points in Cold War?
Fucking explain that shit. Americans got some of the best rocket scientists in the game from Germany and NASA, but they can't work fast enough to beat Soviet cosmonauts into space 90% of the time. I know that putting a man on the moon is balls-bustingly hard, but is it really worth so many points?
>>
>>51868642
HEHEHE, Cortes may be shit too you, but I know how to use him and my conquistadors properly. Use the terrain to your advantage, use the Tlaxcala auxiliaries properly, keep the morale high for your troops, use the horses and gunpowder weapons properly to lower the enemy Aztec's morale, and of course the biggest thing that Aztecboo's cry about the fucking smallpox advantage. Not as good as against the Native Americans, but it can devastate the enemy troops before you even engage them.
>>
>>51868367
I haven't seen one of these threads in years. when was the last time we had one?
>>
>>51868685
Dedication to Huitzilopochtli gives them frenzy 2 and with hallucinogens they become frenzy 3 and Constitution 6 so they can ignore the "scions of the gods" rules and become almost completely immune to the sneeze of dead rule
>>
>>51868663
>So the fantasy expansion is going to be released then?
No it isn't. Just a couple of faggots that play a homebrew codex that they claim is official. Fucking third party bullshit if you ask me.
>>
>>51868720
Dude, it's the fucking MOON.
>>
>>51868370
Don't want to break it for you, but SoW is a non-magic game, you faggot. All the supposedly supernatural-themed powers are based solely on placebo effect for the units, not actual interventions of gods.
Which means Sneeze of Death kills half of your units every time you encounter Old World troops or even traders.
>>
>>51868732
Use the Malinche character, she removes the ambush special rule of any Aztec army and removes nullifies the frenzy bonus from dedication to Huitzilopochtli, my friend is an idiot and haven't realise this, it won't cripple my foce but I'll have to make take the "scions of the gods" test to attack the Spaniard units.
>>
>>51868663
There were plans back in the day to publish it as explicity non-fantasy setting, basically making them a weird mix of Hellenistic and Semitic traits with similar aestetics, but they've ultimately backed from the whole project. So kids are still playing with OP fantasy/sci-fi bullshit armies.
>>
>>51868720
Because once you do it, you have all the know-how to build massive stockpile of ICBMs, basically getting so much ahead of everyone else in strategic points and gaining fuck-huge deterrent factor, making it highly unlikely anyone will even try to attack you.
>>
>>51867947
>t. butthurt Carthagefag
Whatever man. I picked up Rome back when it was a tiny faction that specialized in heavy infantry with javelins and everybody else was still "Muh Greeks" all the time. I faithfully updated when the Marian 'dex came out and got rid of my precious Triarii. Hell, I even painted crosses on their gear when the goddamn Late Empire Codex update happened and all the fluff got fucked and they stopped being polytheists... and now look at this shit?! This is my reward: fucking barbars til the cows come home and even the "Eastern Roman" faction are basically Greek christaboos. And then everyone becomes a "Successor to Rome"! It's like the company is just shouting "PICK A NEW FACTION!" at me. Fuck hat, I'm done with this game.
>>
>>51868798
No you idipot, it's specifically mentioned that "sneeze of death" as game function works as a poison effect that never wears of and must pass a Constitution save every turn, with Constitution 6 I can only fail with a 6 and shorn ones can repeat the failing Constitution saves once per turn, don't go spreading your shit lies!
>>
>British troops STILL have to use formation tactics and movement trays in the Revolution supplement while Yanks can move their soldiers freely AND take more allies choices

What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>51868901
>If you don't like Rome Mary Sue, you must play Carthage faction
Why all Romaboos are like this?
That faction was literal cancer of Iron. No other codex cheesed any faction this hard as Iron was cheesing Rome. And like it was already stated, they've stopped being interesting the moment they've ceased to be republic.

They've literally wiped out half of factions out of the map and replaced them with those bland spergs.
>>
>>51868917
>Trying this hard to bend rules
Fuck off, scrub. Nobody likes you and your "buffed" Aztecs. Fortunately your shitty rules aren't present on tournaments
>>
>>51868918
It's because of the pride of the empire rule, they say they'll buff the units the next expansion so for now you can only wait.
>>
>>51868918
>British player complaining about rules for once not giving them absurd bonuses
British are literally Rome-tier Mary Sue of Sail, Empire and Industrial codexes. At least for a while it's good to see them neutered.
>>
>>51868962
Jokes on you assholes the latest FAQ said that they can do it and they also clarified that indeed shorn ones can wield giant macahuitls and shield despite being two handed so fuck you
>>
What's the deal with the changes to religion?
It's bad enough allies don't even have the "Ecumenical" rule depending on where you pick the from, since that little shit show with Humbert and friends(though i can't for the life of me understand the absolutely stupid lore behind the 4th Crusade. I know they were preparing to remove ERE from the army lists, but give me a break)
But now that fat german autists decided to add the whole "Reformation" crap?
Sure, the bonus is nice, but i need those auxiliaries against the turks.
>>
>>51869001
*depending on where from Europe you pick your squads.
>>
>>51869001
This>>51869012
Mostly Europe and Asia is safe from that shit and disadvantages, then you have shit like Americas and middle East factions that will kill themselves if they're mixed with units with other faiths.
>>
>>51868901
As a Romefag myself, be grateful it lasted as long as it did. Augustus was the last memorable non-retard 'Classic' Roman Emperor, and it was on its way out as soon as he died. Too big, too unsustainable, and the politics got pretty batshit at times.
>>
>>51868918
>Yanks
>Not running away the second they're fired on, except when in cover

Fuck dude, you know half their commander characters literally have the "Orderly Retreat" rule right? It's like the designers expect the Yanks to just book it, and put some rules in so that they could make everything a draw even when they rout.
Colonial Independence Expansion is bullshit. I hope the Brits win in the fluff and we can go back to having Red Coats and Colonial Militia ransacking North America together again.
>>
File: Fr&UK.png (433KB, 848x4969px) Image search: [Google]
Fr&UK.png
433KB, 848x4969px
>>51868974
>implying
At least Britain has a roughly equal foe in the form of France, Rome never had a rival.
>>
>>51868992
There is no FAQ, you asshat. That page is literally fan-run one. If rule is not in the codex, then it doesn't apply.
And do you know there are talks to redesign conquistador trait, so all units under Expedition To Unknown supplement can claim conquistador buff, not just Spaniards? Feels bad to be asshats playing Aztecs, right?
>>
>>51869099
>Washington has actual rules dictating that if he's hit there's a chance his horse got hit instead
I laughed my ass off when they gave that power to Houston in the Texas campaign. Real fucking subtle, guys.
>>
>>51869109
>Never had a rival
That's what you get for playing European factions exclusively. I mean do you even Parthia?
>>
>>51869140
>I didn't subscribed to the newsletter
How incompetent are you?
>>
>>51869225
>If I will lie long enough, people will believe my homebrew "fix" is official
It's not gonna work, scrub
>>
>>51868052
Are you at least aware you are using unofficial Fantasy ruleset?
>>
>>51869360
No, he's fighting one off scenarios and ignoring the VP tables in the appendices that deal with pyrrhic consequences.
>>
Is there a single more bullshit removal of a character in the entire goddamn franchise?

Are we really supposed to believe the fluff that one lone gunman killed the USA president, encouraging increased strife for years? They clearly imply JFK has a ton of enemy's, and he's gonna take them all, but then he's suddenly taken about by one """lone""" shooter who totally had nothing to do with the commies, the mob or retaliation for Diem. It's insulting they followed two updates later with the whole Watergate scandal, like anyone thinks it's actually interesting for a faction to turn on itself. And before that they killed his brother off in lore before he did a single damn thing. I mean what the fuck? They built up JFK in USA lore as a pretty good guy in the Cold War expansion, and now it's like they're pissed they ever came up with him, so they're removing his family from the fluff, and they made the war he got involved the biggest clusterfuck for the USA in a century. I swear they realized the way the writing was going he would cool things off, and if that happened new codexes or models wouldn't sell so they killed him off and made ANOTHER EVENT just to drum up sales hype
>>
>>51869319
T.butthurt conquistador player

>>51869360
No those are the rules for normal SoW if I were using the fantasy rules I would be deploying the giant Jaguar riders and shape shifting nahuales warriors and priest with shota tezcatlipoca dedication.
>>
>>51869494
I didn't really read his build-up, was he really that interesting?
All I can recall is the mistresses thing.

And LBJ was pretty amusing - he was his running mate, right? Playboy and Biggus Dickus, what a combination
>>
File: 1472570751530.jpg (31KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1472570751530.jpg
31KB, 500x281px
>>51867975
>>
>>51869418
You can ignore the VP tables if you play the scenarios after the "noche triste" scenario.
>>
>>51869609
It's more that he was removed for no good reason, with no explanation, just to punch the USA in the dick

I might've gotten too hype on him from reading Halberstams blog about "The Best and the Brightest"
>>
>>51868918
You still have an unfair advantage against French armies, as long as you use the post-peninsular list. You get skirmishers of your own at that point.
>>
>>51867975
The game is still on development only the backers had early access rules for most factions were released and very few miniatures a character and two troop units per faction for premium backers.
>>
File: 1466553546480.jpg (443KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466553546480.jpg
443KB, 1920x1080px
Any oldfags remember all those fucking /tg/'s threads when the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth Codex was released? I miss salt shed by all those Ottoman, Sweden, and Russia players
>>
>>51869319
>playing conquistadors
You're the only one to blame, they were hastily made and are cumber stomped by Aztecs and pretty much every faction but stone age.
>>
>>51868901
>>51869073
Hey, I hear that the "Last of the Romans" expansion with Belisarius might have what you guys want.

Might want to watch out for Belisarius' lousy intrigue score, though, that might bite you in the ass if you don't have Justinian holding down the fort for him.
>>
>>51869758
Yes I hope they get better rules, the one on the first draft are too lack luster
>>
>>51866687
I heard the writers are going to be killing old Gustav off in the near future. He's going to get shot by some random soldier.
>>
Hey, Byzantine player here, I'm really starting to feel the bite from how all the other factions are overtaking me in the army lists.

I'm just running out of new units to field, and Greek Fire only works as an ace in the hole for so long.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
>>
>>51869887
Militant priests gives a good bonus to morale and frenzy bonus army wide as long as he remains on the field.
>>
>>51869887
Viking mercenaries to protect your commander, fluffy and it's genuinely a strong combo.
>>
>>51869928
>Peasant units get the same morale as a Chinese soldier
Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>51859448
>>51859466
Hate all you want - my warpaint bonuses give me full unencumbered movement on my soldiers while giving me full armor saves.
>>
>>51859433
>Celts
Aztecs are more balanced and have better rules
>muh conquistadors
They are shit all over the table by Aztecs, too many expensive elite units, Aztecs are way too cheap with decent crunch.
>>
Friendly reminder that if you play anything other than SoW: Stone you're contributing your time and money to a game post shark-jumping.
>>
>>51870054
I'll be the first to admit that stone age armies are incredibly fun, but I like to play german knights, crusaders, Aztecs and samurais.
>>
File: 2017-02-23-15-07-21--2019955206.jpg (14KB, 345x146px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-23-15-07-21--2019955206.jpg
14KB, 345x146px
>you know remeber that the zulus existed
>>
>>51870233
Sincerely I don't get the army,, the units are lack luster they move fast as fuck but mammoth hunters have way better stats
>>
>>51869957
Hm, I did that, but then everyone else started using them, and if I want to use units from after 1066 they all get replaced by Anglo-Saxon mercenaries and I lose the "Blood of the North-Men" bonus.

>>51869928
Tried that for a bit, but they just started using assassins to remove him in the first turn. Or artillery.
>>
>>51870272
Assassins can only do that to commanding units not support HQ, you're being cheated
>>
>>51870233
>Just token wank for muh noble savage

They made their decision to make that entire continent a shithole (except for the two Egypt codexes) and now they're trying to push stone-tier tech with Medieval formations in a fucking Imperialism stage?

I've only seen them win once, and that was a noob brit player
>>
>>51870362
Not that anon but what I find hilarious is that this is probably true since stone age armies have better synergy and better internal balance.
>>
>>51868470
>t. Butthurt Polish player
Get over it Poland is shit tier faction and should not happen. It is just money grab aimed at old PLC fans.

Partitions was a mistake(withy shit plot where fucking king betrays his country and Kosciuszko cant do shit, top kek fuckers), they should not have axed PLC, and now they try to get their fans back by using totally new Poland.

Also difference in cost and power of Kosciuszko in PLC and USA codex is ridiculous
>>
>>51869591
>T.butthurt conquistador player
Son, conquistador players not only are one of most OP factions in the whole game, they were speficially designed to wreck shit out of American natives.
So stay mad, beaner
>>
>>51869767
>conquistadors
>cumber stomped by Aztecs
I guess we were playing different game. Or is it another "Let's fix Aztec Codex" thread?
>>
>>51870033
>Conquistadors
>Shit on by the Aztecs

Do you even play the game? The entire Conquistador army is built on shitting on any force that outnumbers them with cheap units. Half the Conquistador generals can take MesoAmerican Allies for free and take their bonuses anyways.
>>
>>51870362
>Stone tech
Confirmed for non-Colonial player. They are Iron and with economic rule of Empire. Actually pretty good and balanced, but still can't use most of modern tech, unlike other modernist factions from Colonial codex

>>51870803
Kościuszko is a meme leader unit. Literally a buffed basic engineeer that somehow is supposed to run an army with engineering and field-works buffs. That could work in WW1 codex, but not in Empire one.
>>
Anyone given the Vinland mini-campaign for the Vikings a try? I hear it's good fun.
>>
>>51868370
>Trying to play Quetzalcoatl Priesthood army that lets you wreck almost every other Native Army
>Every fat basement dweller at the LGS won't shut the fuck up about the titty "Dragon"

Aztec Invasion of Japan when?
>>
Does anyone here play spec ops?
How do you beat ISIS with the CIA?
Also on the topic of skirmish games, does anyone play gang wars?
How do you beat bloods with the FBI?
Or mexican cartels ?
>>
>>51871060
Every half good Viking unit is way to overpriced and Skraelings have every advantage in the map types that the campagin suggests. It's fine if you like cat and mouse but if you try to use the old viking tactics in it you'll get wrecked.
>>
Y'know, to break from the actual joke of the thread, has this ever been a thing? Realistic tabletop wargames that pit armies from throughout human history against one another? Romans vs Vikings vs Redcoats vs Samurai?

Because if not then holy shit that sounds awesome.
>>
>>51870994
>>51871018
Most of the conquistadors players I have know only deploy shooting lines with no mesoamerican allies, so in my experience the faction is shit
Also
>implying cheap allies can compete against shorn one with hallucinogens and dedication to Huitzilopochtli
Good one
>>
>>51868918
Fuck you, dude, you're getting the Wellington supplement in like a year.

Meanwhile we get Winfield Scott, with his Personal Library rules slowing down play to a fucking crawl.
>>
>>51871139
I thought the whole idea for this was that you couldn't play stuff outside of the specific timeframe you were using?

Can't play Vikings against USA, for instance.
>>
>>51858918
>>51858958
Parthians have been squated, they didn't sell well. They're rebooting the persians with a new codex instead.
>>
>>51871109
>How do you beat ISIS with the CIA?
You don't. You are supposed to play them together and combine their lists against GRU and Assad.
>>
>>51871176
Only autists play timeframe only, stone age versus samurais is really hilarious
>>
>>51871165
>Deploying 20 times more units somehow doesn't work
It's like you never played any horde army or even quantity-based faction. Who cares if you have your elite army made of 15 units, if the other guy deploys so many cheap auxiliaries supported by elite core of high-tech soldiers, with total count of 120 units on the table. And still having points left to buy buffs for the high-tech equipment.

Where do you live that you never faced a half-competed Conquistador player? Or how old are you? Because back in the day it was one of the memiest factions of them all.
>>
>>51871222
>Only autists play timeframe only
Unless you are playing under Colonial and Sail codexes, mixing units and armies is strictly forbidden.
Also - good luck trying to combine rules for artillery with those about melee combat vs armoured targets and poisoned weapons tables.
>>
>>51871165
>Most of the players I know play the army wrong
>Therefore the army is shit

Hallucinogens don't even do shit against Conquistadors. It's a high lethality army. Ignoring wounds means jack. Taking a Mesoamerican hero and a squad of Jaguar Warriors as an ally can give you the perfect wall to stop hallucinogenic warriors dead in there tracks for a turn or two while your canon and Conquistadors annihilates them.

God forbid they take a Jesuit Priest with that OP "Deus Vult" ability that makes all European moral impossible to break.
>>
>>51871218
But then you lose access to the Peshmerga, and they're some of the best units in the whole "Graveyard of Empires" run.
>>
>>51871228
With Constitution 6 thanks to all the buffs they shrug off most attacks and will kill everything they touch
>>
>>51871273
>No armor
>Just raw HP
>Not a single armor-piercing unit
I'm getting more and more convinced you never actually faced conquistador faction on the table. You literally can't beat them with Mesoamerican factions. I once saw a guy who made for a challenge an army for 500 points, while the Aztec player got fucking 10 THOUSAND points... and conquistador guy still won. Without using auxiliary forces!
>>
>>51871268
With hallucinogens they get frenzy 3 and therefore ignore the "scions of the gods handicap" and +1 to Constitution that along the dedication to Huitzilopochtli become a frenzy 3 with 6 Constitution, they can even shrug off attacks from most units.
>>
>>51871218
I did that once
The ISIS player got super pissed and ambushed in a tank(don't ask me how)

He proceded to obliterate all my guys(i should have been able to break his tank but i was using his dice, i think he weighted them)

After the match he proceded to take a huge shit on the table, said that the shit was my mother, then walked out

I was banned from mixing list from that day forward because that guy was a huge investor

The owner repaid me with 3 boxes of technology: the advancing but i haven't been able to win a spec ops tourny since
>>
>>51871314
Canons deal 5d6 damage to unarmoured targets (which means ALL Mesoamerican units) in 5'' radius. Not counting lowest possible roll, they kill everything in that radius, while conquistador troops have Close Quarter bonus and with Morion & Cuirass combo equipped gian total immunity to friendly fire, unless more than 20 damage is rolled.
Singe canon costs what a single squad ot maximally buffed Aztec unit, so you can literally just make canon spam with some basic coverage from conquistador melee infantry.
>>
>>51871308
>Constitution 6 can ignore most units attack
>even heavy infantry
>can fight head on against plated war elephants and win
>with frenzy 3 can ignore most leadership penalties
>heavy macahitls get armour pearcing and crippling effect
You underestimate Aztecs
>>
I want the Aztecboos to leave this thread. Get over it, your faction was introduced as a joke to at least give some sort of challenge to those Spanish troops after their New World, Italian Wars and Fall of Granada expansions. But due to the fluff it was impossible to provide anything better than Stone army, so they gave them silly skills and crazy outfits to at least somewhat compensate.
>>
>>51868642
Your opponents play Spain wrong. You can use aztec (they call it tlaxcaltec but they're samey) troops with a spaniard army, retard. You're not supposed to fight an Aztec Army with twenty overprized dudes and a cannon. Conquistadors are supposed to be your elite and rape the aztecs who have elite troops with shit stats and weapons, which they do perfectly.
>>
>>51871402
>Never faced actual conquistador army on the table
>Still acts like the only people around are Mayan remnants and Mixtec tribals
Seriously, have you even read the Conquistador expansion to New World codex? I get it, you never somehow never met one of the most popular Sail factions, but come on! Even compete greenhorns know they are OP as fuck and designed intentionally to wreck shit out of tribals.
>>
>>51871446
>everyone loved mesoamerica
>it was an expansion where you didn't have to deal with european powercreep
>factions were actually interesting and babalanced
>actually interesting religous beliefs
>suddenly spainards pop up and murderape everything
This is why people are pissed
>>
File: 1484797906365.gif (445KB, 409x537px) Image search: [Google]
1484797906365.gif
445KB, 409x537px
>>51859329
>blind_faggot_can't_see_shit_but_style_is_more_important_am_i_right.jpg
>smol shield
>animu sword
>all this cross edgelordery
Looks fucking retarded
I swear ,if they make that 3 sentences long encounter with "prophet" an actual religion of new setting I SWEAR TO JUPITER.
>>
>>51869073
>implying that Late Antiquity supplement didn't have best Rome

I don't need Mary Sue emperors to enjoy the game, thanks.
>>
>>51871531
>This level of historical revisionism.
Aztecs were literally introduced as a one of minor tribal factions for regional skirmishes in Late Medieval codex.
They didn't get their own ruleset until New World expansion, being just generic warrior tribe till that point. It's obvious you only recently joined the game and the guy in the local shop find a naive idiot to sell him the old stock Aztec minis.
The worst part is that you are probably aware of this all deep down, but due to sunk cost fallacy, you will defend your shit-tier joke faction to death.
>>
>>51869151
Parthia was shit and could not compete. It stayed good for two editions where they were competitive against greeks and romans, and then got nerfed and stopped being competitive forever.
>>
>>51871542
But Late Antiquity is about Rome falling apart under shitty emperors, so what the hell you are talking?
>>
>>51871588
Still absolutely impossible to bear with Romans, even if you invoke the infamous Imperial Manpower rule. Hell, even combined with using high-level commanders or outright emperors doesn't work.
>>
>>51859578
Russian player here.I know that we are as whiny as an average tyranid player in 40k community,but new codex is still shit.
>>
>>51871531
>actually interesting religous beliefs
lol.All their religions were some variant of the edgy and tired cliché " let's pray to the flayed guy and kill some perfectly good slaves/workers in his name".We ditched that stupidity in the Iron Age codex.
>factions were actually interesting and balanced
Mexicas so strong no one else can compete =/= Balance.Stay mad Mexicuck.
>>
>>51871636
Maybe because they've removed all the cool stuff and support rules from Commie codex, but didn't buff units to compensate? Really, it turned entire Russian faction into just boring, bland shit.
>>
>>51871402
If Aztecs are so good why can't them conquer Tlaxcala?

Check mate, furfags.
>>
>>51871618
don't worry, the devs(though sometimes i think they only have one guy is in charge of all this stuff) decided to repeat the old-ass "barbarians come from outside and overrun the weakened empire, with a bastard form of the imperial religions" plot.
Except this time they come...from the DESSERT and FROM THE MOUNTAINS(woo)
Yeah, really original....
>>
>>51871591
Literally what I said. Fluff advancing is better than "oh look at our mary sue empire, we win against everything"

>>51871591
You're literally acting like that Aztec faggot. Surena winning that game against Crassus doesn't make Parthians a counter or even good against Romans. They're actually pretty bad against them, they're way better against other eastern peoples (except persians). With equally skilled players and well rounded armies, Rome consistently wins over Parthia.
>>
>>51871713
What the fuck dude, are you mixing splats again? Parthians deal with barbarbars just fine, it's civilized peoples that give them problems (but not greeks cause they're fags kek).
>>
>>51871765
>Fluff advancing
>Le grim depr hurr durr empire collapsing bullshit
>All the minor factions suddenly gain absurd buffs, while Roman troops get nerfed into nothingness
I fucking hate Rome as a faction, biggest meme in history, but for fucks sake, the way how they were removed was worse than the way how they are the ultimate Mary Sue of the game.
>>
>>51864691
I'm surprised too!
>>
>>51864851
Funny thing is they started as an asymmetric faction against the Brits.
>>
>>51871832
Mail returning was good. Segmentata faggots were the sigmarines of the game. If it comes with balance, all the better.
>>
>>51871811
Ah, yes, the civilised people known as arabs and turks.
Or did that happen when they decided to rename the army for the billionth time for the copyright jig?
>>
>>51871861
It's supposed to be irony, the americans are getting there ass kicked by there old tactics

And its the most bullshot lazy writing excuse i have ever seen

The vietnam campaign was obviously meant to give america a loss so they don't look unstoppable, but when you come up with the most bullshit ass pulls and random fits of autism, it seems like a heavily forced loss

America should have lost a more honorable war

And this coming from an commie player
>>
>>51871861
People complains about Rome, but the real boring Sue is the USA. Looks like the developers just took Britain, half-assedly gave them popular shit from other factions and made it the new big deal. Out of fucking nothing. It was kinda okay when they were only in the New World supplement, but now they're in the main one and in all the fucking splats as the top dog.
>>
>>51871950
Playing as China under Modern Times codex doesn't make you commie.
>>
>>51871900
Sassanians had parthian units but they were renamed Persians, not renamed Parthians. Read the fucking fluff for fucks sake. There was even a small splat of persians vs parthians, but I bet you're one of those fags who only reads west faction's fluff. People like you is why Palmyra got squated.
>>
>>51871953
The worst part is how all their units are just absolutely average shit stat-wise, with pretty high point price too, but the fluff treats them as outright space tech.
>>
>>51871953
Well, USA was introduced as a way to finally stop making British faction the new Mary Sue of the setting, so it's kind of given. It's like the writers just can't contain themselves and always create yet another Mary Sue when popular pressure is high enough to get rid of the old one.
>>
>>51871953
I admit that back when FDR and JFK were leading, they were becoming sues but current day america is probably the most interesting faction

America has one thing no other faction has at this moment, contradiction
Half of america wants one thing while the other half wants the opposite
This breeds conflict with in the country its self

Not to mention that fucking rad election system
Most fun i have ever had with a spin off game
And that includes gang wars
>>
>>51872068
>He thinks this is unique
>He thinks this is special
>He thinks the writers will handle it well
Let me guess - you only play USA under Cold War codex, right?
>>
>>51871992
I play soviets

And non of you can't tell me that nixon wasn't the most hamfisted autism that this game has ever seen
Straight up there with the CIA
>>
File: 8wYOL91tec.gif (458KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
8wYOL91tec.gif
458KB, 333x250px
>>51872068
>current day america is probably the most interesting faction
Shit son, that's literally THE blandest faction of Modern Times codex. Literally baseline for everyone else, the D&D equivalent of playing as humans.
>>
>>51872047
Britain was second rate when they pulled out the USA thing happened though. France was overall the top dog, with Britain being relevant in the meta literally because they countered the french and nothing more. In fact the whole USA thing was probably just gonna be yet another France vs Britain war until they decided to at least TRY to make something interesting.

The mary sueification of Britain and the USA was more or less at the same time, but Britaon got the hard nerf while the developers pretty princess gets more and more.
>>
>>51872106
Try the 80s expansion. Reagan made Nixon look like a sane person. And whoever wrote those fucking Trickle-Down rules for economic gameplay surely was a retard with no clue how the fuck economy works.
>>
>>51872084
Actually i perfer to play north korea with a some Iraq on the side
>>
>>51872068
No, it's fucking boring, more than ever. Marketing trying to shill the election thing doesn't make it good. Trump was promising but he's probably just be anoter le ebin conservative president like Bush with nothing new.
>>
>>51872120
Well, the Modern Times codex is a mixed bag, really. On one hand, USA is the top dog in it and literally nothing can compare in all fields with it. Sure, there are different factions that are superior in this or that field, but if you turn all the advantages into points, the overall sum of US bonuses is still higher.
On the other hand, there are signs of writers realising how deep this shit went into Canon Sue, so they've started doing some changes. Have you read the War on Terror expansion ruleset? It basically allows to wreck shit out of USA in a style like Viet Cong did in Cold War codex, but as OFFENSIVE, not defensive gameplay. You can literally tie down half of American units with single guy. Then was the reworked Economical Crisis ruleset for economy game and shit hit USA harder than anyone else.
And currently they are openly staging ground for either political collapse or outright civil war.
>>
>>51858478
They're gonna be shit again like they always were when the Renovatio Imperii splatbook gets out. Persians are getting a very needed buff too.
>>
>>51872210
Don't you heard the writers want to start a new monoteistic religion in traditional Persian sphere of influence? Some sort of prophet bullshit yet again. As if not all fucking religions in that region weren't prophet bullshit.
>>
>>51872193
I'm a bit concerned that they literally needed to change the game's rules to make a faction bearable.
>>
>>51872155
>actually using the premade characters for the election
>not making your own
Shit gets straight off in character creation
>>
>>51872233
I'm sure that developers will not throw all the effort they've put on persians to the thrash. People was concerned too when the Alexander shit happened, but eventually people got full of greeks everywhere and we got iranics and in time persians as front liners again.
>>
>>51872236
Well, they are already changing shit all over the board. I mean remember that late Cold War expansion for China, when everyone was laughing you can't benefit from both Commie ruleset and Capitalism expansion? Turns out you can and grow pretty strong thanks to it. China is literally as strong as it was in pre-Nationalism codexes.
>>
>>51872003
>Palmyra got squated.
Palmyra was forced in by the SJW to get representation right
>>
File: 1422365814751.gif (33KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1422365814751.gif
33KB, 200x200px
>>51868226
>>51868253
You think you ,faggots, had it bad.I played against Nephilims.
>>
>>51872366
I want /pol/ to stay out of the game. What next? Complaining about Cleopatra for easily managing to cucklod two prominent guys?
>>
>>51872233
Stupid reason.
Zoroastrianism is already prophet-y and unique enough.
Also looks awesome.
Also, nestorian christians.
Would be a shame for it to be wasted by some retarded thing invented in the middle east.
Not that pagan purists are any better.
>muh 1st Edition religion;
>muh rose-tinded nostlgia about gimmicky units like shamans and berserkers;
They also tend to make some hybrid abominations of cherrypicked elements of faith the devs never intended when they want to try it in later editions.
>>
>>51872436
Eh, with an intrigue score like that I'm not surprised. Some really good play to offset the "Divine Blood" debuffs from Cleo's player.
>>
File: 348619612.jpg (130KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
348619612.jpg
130KB, 450x450px
>>51868370
>religion-based actions
>after Crusade expansion
that's enough to spit in your face already but
>With dedication and the drugs the shorn ones can ignore the Sneeze of dead until they lost a round of combat or are forced to retreat you imbecile!
You do realise you have to roll BEFORE you begin the combat phase,right?
>>
The Saracen side of the Crusades Tournament they did gets a lot of shit, but the guy who main-lined Saladin was awesome.

Would've loved to have seen what would've happened if he took his opposite's suggestion to end the war with a marriage alliance.
>>
>>51872687
There was that one French crusader player that I legitimately felt bad for. He was so polite and positive but he was fucking awful at the game. I saw him lose half his army in the FIRST TURN. Meanwhile that asshat playing HRE was fucking brutal to play again ts. That stubby little asshole knew everyone's codex forward and back.
>>
>>51872738
Which of the tournie matches was that in, I only really know about the first one.

Some good roleplaying by the Crusader players in that one, even if it got a bit too serious at the end. I heard they didn't leave the tournie hall until the Siege of Jerusalem match was over, which took practically all day. By the end of it, they were so tired, hungry and generally pissed off from dealing with the Saracen players' shit that they just wiped them all out.
>>
New thread, or are we letting this die?
Or are we homebrewing in the next thread?
>>
>>51873120
New thread, plz. Also homebrewing, I really like the sound of this.
>>
>>51872830
I don't know about you, but I would have been hard pressed to leave that hall even if I weren't playing, that terrain in the pics was beautiful and probably even better in person.
>>
>>51873157
I was thinking combining Bolt Action's order system with WHFB regiment rules.
>>
>>51873168
Yeah, all the stuff they organized to help the role-playing was great. Heard that they actually got a priest in to lead a mass for the audience and the crusader players at one point.
>>
File: image.png (164KB, 601x590px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
164KB, 601x590px
I want to start a German unification era Prussian army. Is the starter army box set any good? It has 1000 points worth of minis and a special army list, but I'm a bit put off by the price.
>>
>>51873290
Wrong game, friend.
>>
>>51873290
You need two sets of it to field a decent army, but it's well worth it. It's basically game-breakingly powerful force. It's the only faction of the period to have access to Indirect Fire ruleset for their artillery, which alone makes them OP. But then there is the High Command ruleset, so you basically have unlimited range for all commander bonuses and provide field promotions to units in case of enemy picking off your officers. You also have good basic infantry with half decent rifles that might have bad range, but dam they are accurate.
And as laughable as it sounds, don't ignore Trains Run On Time rule! It allows to deploy you extra units for free when already having army under point limit. If I recall correctly, it's 30% increase of all deployed units, so if you do the math right, you can gain pretty absurd amount of that OP artillery or really, really big number of infantry, almost as if playing Russia.
>>
>>51873290
Remember that fucking meme about badass Prussian army in Empire codex and how it was basically over-glorified regular infantry with standard rules?
Well not anymore. Here is the real deal when it comes to Prussian OP army.
>>
Are Komissars OP?
>>
>>51872547
They are Constitution 6 until they lose a combat around or are forced to retreat, until then they have to roll 6 two time for them to die to the dead sneeze and even then if they lose the bonus they become Constitution 5 enough to survive the dead sneeze long enough.
>>
I've got the new thread.
>>
New thread: >>51874095
>>51874095
>>51874095
>>51874095
>>
>>51858478
New thread
>>51874120
>>51874120
>>51874120
>>
>>51874140
You stupid bastard, I told you that I had it.
Thread posts: 377
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.