[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, NASAs big reveal for today wad that they found a star system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 272
Thread images: 38

So, NASAs big reveal for today wad that they found a star system with 7(!) earth-like planets just 40 ly away. I don't know about you, but this really spikes my imagination. Also Trappist-1 seems also be the system J.J. Abrams locate his movies.
>>
It's pretty neat.I really wish the public interest was greater in regards to space research. So many people just seem disinterested
>>
>>51852496
>that many earth like planets so close
Once world war 3 ends, the renewed space race begins
>>
>>51852601
I guess the interests rise when the old mudball becomes too hot for comfort.

But on topic: a far future scifi setting located on Trappist-1 coukd be pretty neat, where party could hop on planet to planet without pesky ftl. Could even be "fantasy" setting.
>>
>>51852603
But anon, you can't fly a rocket that's made out of rocks and sticks.
>>
Finally we can start the Age of Sail in space!
>>
They have very short years, too. Must be quite stromboscopic when you add planetary rotation.
>>
If the quantum propulsion drives design can be improved to lessen heat production and increase thrust might be able to do a trip within a lifetime
>>
File: 1485220556806.gif (775KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485220556806.gif
775KB, 500x500px
>>51852727
Fucking underrated post.
>>
>>51852778
NASA said we will know their atmospheric composition by 2020.
>>
>>51852920
Will we know if they have life or not?
>>
>>51852930
As soon as start receiving radio signals.
>>
>>51852727
Cheeky cunts like you are the reason I stay on 4chan.
>>
>>51852930
Can make educated guesses from atmosphere contents.
>>
At the rate we're going, we won't be able to even get anywhere near these planets, let alone actually start mining the asteroid belt in 75 years.
My life-long dream is practically dead at this point.
>>
>>51853344
Look on the bright side, computer technology improves every day do its only a matter of time until you can become an AI construct. Then 75 years will be an instant.
>>
>>51853406
Even then, all I could would to just upload a copy of myself to some database.
That copy could probably acomplish my dream for me but even then, I would still like to see it through myself.
>>
>>51852727
But you can make one powered by nuclear bombs.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_(nuclear_propulsion)
>>
File: time log.jpg (262KB, 780x1020px) Image search: [Google]
time log.jpg
262KB, 780x1020px
>>51852727
You know nothing.
>>
>>51853553
That engine seems very environmentally unfriendly.
>>
>>51853344
obama killed nasa and turned it into a global warming propaganda machine. its not like there are dozens of other agencies that could have done it instead

trump hasnt talked to much about it i think but at the very least hes not anti nasa like obongo. plus space shit normally is seen as very American and patriotic and would fit right in with MAGA
>>
>>51853344
Eh, I'd say it's not that bad. FINALLY we see some development of rockets that can get something useful to mars, and there are more and more talks about reusability. Maybe not space mining, but I'm optimistic for mars landing in 10-20 years.
>>
>>51853613
so THAT's why nasa was sending all the probes to the outer solar system. Great.

If anything, lack f progress by NASA comes to Shuttle being a shit program with no capabilities beyond LEO and SLS being a fucking joke and pork for congress. And lack of funding since the '70s.
>>
>>51853725
i dont know if you think i was joking or something but obama made global warming shit an official focus for nasa
>>
>>51853553
Well of course that project was devised by a fucking Russian, who else would it be?
>>
>>51853864
Why would Obama have an agency that works with satellites and other high tech gadgetry and that is intimately concerned with energy efficiency study global warming and alternative energy?

Goddamn libtards.
>>
>>51853613
My god, it literally has brain cells in the single digits.
>>
>>51853952
well apparently part of the reason is because its really easy to get funding for global warming "research", and its really easy to do that "research" so i guess at least some at nasa liked doing it

also have to wonder how full nasa is with diversity hires now
>>
>>51853613
Propaganda? It's a fact that the earth is warming. A decade ago, two decades ago, this was consensus.
People denied the existence of it then, and they were wrong.
Now, people are denying the cause, because the effects can no longer be ignored. Do not stick your head in the sand and scream "propaganda".
Get informed, and follow the people doing repeatable research and scientifc investigation, not the people who lie and swindle for reelection. That goes for both sides of the aisle.
>>
>>51854087
Laying it too deep, friendo.
>>
>>51853952
who else would know how to operate the satellites used to measure this stuff?

Personally, I blame the air force for requiring NASA to use the space shuttle design.
>>
>>51854087
I wonder if part of the reason might also be that they have satellites to study the atmosphere and how it is trapping the sun's energy and also they can measure observe the weather on earth? I wonder if that has something to do with it...

Nah. It's definitely just politics.
>>
>>51854020
since i assume youre a faggot liberal. here have a faggot liberal article that even talks about it
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4399822

>>51854089
the alarmist bullshit is propaganda and has been going on for decades. no one doubts that the earth is warming. people disagree on what should be done about it and how much people contribute to it
>>
>>51854209
oops wrong link. one sec. earth science got cuts too but so did space and the earth budget is bigger now
>>
>>51854209
>>51854263
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/02/opinion/nye-planets-exploration/
>>
>>51854208
>i wonder if politicians do things for political reasons

really makes me think
>>
>>51853509
Every night you go to bed you die and a slightly different copy of you wakes up in your body. Your consciousness is not special, nor unique, nor touched by the grace of God. It is a pattern. Everything you perceive yourself to be is a pattern. So long as that pattern exists, so do you. A machine copy of your pattern is still your consciousness.
>>
>>51854436
The difference is continuity.
>>
>>51854436
>make multiple copies of self
>control them all simultaneously with my one consciousness because we all have the same pattern

yeah no. youre a fucking idiot
>>
>>51854436
That's not how it works, though.

Somebody post that one Ronnie comic about mind uploading.
>>
>>51852496
check this shit out
A view from the middle of the system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2MgG6KhO1E

you could possibly see weathersysystems on the other planets from the surface. for some of these planets, their sisters are the size of the moon or larger at some times in the orbit.

The orbital periods are seriously swift, and I can't help but imagine a pantheon of dietys that are always dancing in the heavens, the politics of the gods take place on the ballroom floor.

This system... I would have shrugged it off in any sci-fi as plausible but unbelivable in the end. I'm so fucking stoked right now.

Furthermore, the dwarf star is super cool, and gives off mainly IR light, which does not penetrate water. So if there is life, it may not even have eyes for allong ass time because the IR light would not be all that useful in the deeper sea. But in the shallow areas you could still have IR eyes I supose... still, Holy fuck. the alien life here would be out of the fantasy books!
>>
>>51854521
and if they can see, and if they make radios... their first contact could be just across the void. The first 'manned' mission to another object in space may have to be one way, with reentry in mind and sacrificial studying to be done.

what's also kinda cool is that these planets may kinda suck for human life. Kinda good, but not an easy set up for self sustaining. but for life that developes there, they love that kinda planet, and may be unable to take ours. So we could prefer different living situations and be able to not fuck each other over as much
>>
>>51854463
Your train of thought ceases to exist beyond random impulses when you sleep. Continuity of thought and mind doesn't even exist for the entirety of our biological lives. Why should it matter for a synthetic one?
>>51854488
And you're reaching because that's not what I said.
>>
File: 1455916532876.jpg (156KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1455916532876.jpg
156KB, 600x800px
>>51852496
Mass extinctions are commonplace in the history of our planet. The human race will be destroyed in an apocalyptic environmental event before sustainable life off-world is feasible
>>
>>51854578
>Your train of thought ceases to exist beyond random impulses when you sleep. Continuity of thought and mind doesn't even exist for the entirety of our biological lives. Why should it matter for a synthetic one?

My brain is still my brain. If you could create a perfect copy of yourself, the two would still be different in a fundamental level, because one is the original and the other is not.
>>
>>51854436
>identical minds are the same entity
>implying they wouldn't diverge immediately
>>
>>51852496
7 planets in the godlilock zone with water in the same solar system? damn

But don't worry, the First Order is going to blow them up in one go.
>>
>>51854578
>Your train of thought ceases to exist beyond random impulses when you sleep. Continuity of thought and mind doesn't even exist for the entirety of our biological lives. Why should it matter for a synthetic one?
Lack of concious thought != break in continuity
>>
>>51852496
By Earthlike, do they mean similar in size to Earth and in the Goldilocks Zone?

Cause Mars is technically Earthlike by that definition but we'd need to crash Phobos and Deimos into its surface and wait a while before being able to really colonize it.
>>
>>51854660
A while, he says.
>>
>>51853613

> obama killed nasa and turned it into a global warming propaganda machine.

Don't forget about the shilling of "Islamic Science." We Wuz Scientists N' Shieet.

For the record, the so-called Islamic Golden Age happened despite Islam. And was way more Persian than Arabian.
>>
>>51854730
we just need to knights of sidonia our way there. or

1. capture tiny black hole and put it in orbit around earth to use as energy
2. slingshot earth out of the solar system and onto a trajectory to intercept this new system
3. 50,000 years later we get to the tiny loli system at last

see? easy.
>>
>>51854730
Understatement is my specialty.
>>
>>51854208
these crack pots think that there is no reason at all to study earth it'self when looking to the stars to find earth like planets. you can get oodles and oodles of information for dozens of causes when you study the shit that these satellites are studying
>>
>>51852496
Big fucking deal, we will never get to go to them or even see them up close anyways.
>>
>>51854836
>loli system
more like a shortstack MILF system. this place is STACKED as FUCK
>>
>>51852496
Even if we somehow found a way to travel at a fraction of light speed (say 1/100th). Wouldn't it take like 20K years to reach this system?

Feels like such a hopeless endeavor for us unless we found some miraculous warp tech while digging mars or some shit.
>>
>>51852496
>Trappist

Fuck now I want beer.
>>
>>51854881
>>51854854
you dumb dirtlicking fucks. use this awesome discovery as fuel for your setting, for your games! try to find inspiration, not jsut the pitfalls of life!
>>
>>51854881
time is relative so who cares. all we need is good stasis tech
>>
>>51854881

>send a 0,01c colony ship for a 4000 year journey
>neighbourhood aliens send a 0,05c colonyship 1000 years later
>they've been there for millennia when your ship arrives and is promptly turned back

Feels bad man
>>
We're never going to reach across the stars until we stop dumping resources trying to help Niggers and getting womyn into STEM. Among other things.

Space travel and colonization would go smoother if the world's population was purged of White Trash, Shaniquas, etc. And did all we could to crush Christianity and Islam.
>>
>>51854933
Chill famalam, I already have a setting in mind using a star system exactly like this "gaia system" they supposedly found.
I was just bruteforcing reality for a little.
>>
>>51855017
calm down Big E. shouldn't you be out uniting humanity instead of shitposting anyway?
>>
>>51855017
Emps please you're still a few milenia away from manifesting.
>>
>>51855017
You do know that most of the programming for the moon-landing was done by women, Right?
>>
>>51855110
>>51855082
Guys, when did the EMPs ever propose killing all the non-whities of the humans? He don't give a fuck about color or genitals or shit. You live and dye for humanity, as a human, that's the end of the story.
>>
>>51855124
Erm, hate to break it to you, anon.....you got caught on the hollywood hype train.
>>
>>51855124
Women should get into STEM because they're interested and capable, not because "MUH PATRIARCHY" and unequal treatment.
>>
>>51855149

So where are all the non-white people in 40k? Even Salamanders are just whites in Blackface.
>>
>>51855071
Oh, cool. Care to share some deets?
>>
>>51855149
we know from the fact that no niggers made it to 40k
aslo the fact that whites are objectively the master race and emps was all about making men perfect
>>
>>51855159
Hate to break it to you, anon, You got caught up on the Revisionist hype train.
>>
>>51855149
He didn't imply killing all non-whites tho.
>>
>>51855124

>We Wuz Scientists N' Shieet

This isn't tumblr. And a few examples of women youncan trot out doesn't change that men have done the majority of actual advances for the actual sciences.
>>
>>51855197
its implied that anyone interested in advancing the human race would need to take out the trash

he never talked about blinking either but we can assume he did
>>
>>51853553
Inferior to the EM Drive, if the EM Drive is verified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RF_resonant_cavity_thruster
>>
>>51855233
And if we can ever manage to make it generate decent amounts of thrust.
>>
>>51855175
that's down to GW not making any other kinda people in their product description because, funilly enough, most of GW through out the years has been white or offwhite in personal skintone and painted what they know.

>>51855189
and as for you, KKKaren, Characters through out BL and other Lore sources have black people, Asian people, Mongolian people, and every where inbetween. at least one of the primarchs was not white. Jaghatai Khan is explicitly a Genghis Khan in space.
>>
>>51855276
The thrust observed in the test model was already far more efficient than solar sails, so we're getting there.
>>
>>51855192

>Watching Hollywood and History Channel makes me an expert

Next you'll be saying Hannibal Barca was a Nigger.
>>
>>51855233
It isn't though, while the Orion Drive works as long as you don't mind turning your launchpad into a parking lot made of glass. Or, you know, build and operate it entirely in space.
>>
>>51855276
how sexy would that be man? Power to thrust and off to the races. Maybe we could have the Orion Drive as a boost out of the system? would it make sense to do that?

Would it be useful as a breaking system? could you use the orion to slow yourself down with out fucking yourself up by moving through it's area of effect?
>>
>>51852727
You can so long as da gubbins meet the worky bitz.
>>
>>51855189

>that whites are objectively the master race

East Asians.

>>51855231

>White Trash
>>
>>51855302
I don't think you get how revolutionary the EM Drive is, if verified. It offers fuel efficiency completely outside what nuclear payloads can generate.
>>
>>51855279
take your nigger shit somewhere else. why not play a game that caters to your kind instead of trying to shit up others?
>>
>>51855335
Oh no, I get it, I'm just saying the Orion Drive works and we could build one right now if we just hand NASA several thousand nuclear warheads.
>>
>>51855321
how about you list the achievements of east asians compared to whites? cheating on entrance exams doesnt make you superior

also on us based tests whites do better in math and sciences than asian americans
>>
>>51854436
[citation needed]
>>
>>51855192
I'm afraid YOU are the one revising history, sir: those women did not do what you claim.
>>
>>51855375
Unfortunately, I don't think we have several thousand nuclear warheads to spare, with our current deterrence policy.

Also a huge problem with selling this to politicians is that the investment only pays off half a millenium later.
>>
>>51855387
Funny, Because US based tests were made with white middle class Americans in mind. It's as if it'd favor that particular group!

>>51855339
How about you adjust that stick up your ass, Joe Goebly and realize your hobby has representation for more than just the lily white and has for decades. sorry that it isn't such a safespace for your whiteknight dreams
>>
>>51855339
>>51855387

I don't get it. Acting hyper racist on 4chan isn't some kind of achievement. You also actively alienate whoever you're talking to and generally lower the level of discourse. On top of that, you aren't even properly formatting your posts.

Are you just trying to be a massive cunt?

And don't respond with "im just spreading the truth." Even Neo-Nazis have better sense than that.
>>
>>51855466
the majority of whites are not middle class. do you think white people get handed money when they are born or something?

anyway since you avoided my achievements question i assume you realize youre wrong and youre just too embarrassed to admit it
>>
>>51855440
The Cold War was the best thing to ever happen to mankind, because any crackpot could end his funding proposal to Congress with "give me money or the commies will win," and in six months he'd have his own personal section of the Mojave to make uninhabitable. If only we could convince our politicians that the answer to ISIS was doomsday weapons.
>>
And so, another potentially good thread was ruined with political shit. What the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>51855486
They are stormfront wannabies, Loving every last inch of attention they get for their shitposting.
I bet these pansies have hardly the nerve to speak up in classes, just grumbling away to themselves waiting for a free period to get back online to upvote another T_D article.
>>
>>51855486
ok ill just respond with go move to literally any black majority country on planet earth and have a good time

im a faggot phone poster
>>
>>51855466

Found the tumblrina.

> Because US based tests were made with white middle class Americans in mind. It's as if it'd favor that particular group!

And yet Ashkenazi Jews, select Indian populations, and East Asians rival Whitey.

> How about you adjust that stick up your ass, Joe Goebly and realize your hobby has representation for more than just the lily white and has for decades. sorry that it isn't such a safespace for your whiteknight dreams

>ignoring demographics

It's a sad day for mankind when nothing can be for someone instead of everyone
>>
>>51855466

There is no US based math/science tests where whites would do better than asians on average. If we start comparing subgroups it will be the same, taking out hmong and pinoys and vietnamese brings asian scores up, and taking out irish and such brings the white score up too but not enough

/pol/ redpillers are clueless as usual
>>
>>51855551
Ah, so you're just here to troll. Got it.

I'm also a phone poster, so you're actually actively trying to not use proper grammar. That takes dedication. I don't know whether to be impressed or disgusted.
>>
>>51852496
>Cool Sci-Fi like shit discovered
>Almost immediately devolves to political shitflinging

Every day there's less on this site worth saving.
>>
>>51855512
Or he's just another annon calling you out on the first problem in your stunted world view. Furthermore, You'll notice that shitdick poor whites will also suffer on those tests, and that white middle class and up is what the country is built for and run by. Why do you think trump got so much white trash to magnetize to his ass? the poor in this country are omnilaterally fucked over, and are despret to get any edge up. if the whities see the chance to get their situation better at the expense of others, why would they give a shit about any other poor person?

you're pretty weak ass racist you know that? Denying the most powerful tools of white supremacy in the modern dayand pretending they don't exist. Learn them and use them if you actually want the world you cry for. It's simple fucking facts that could be used but you close your eyes and pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
File: Fomalhaut star system.jpg (42KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
Fomalhaut star system.jpg
42KB, 400x294px
>>
>>51855662
Well, shit.
>>
>>51854089
We're still coming out of the last ice age
>>
>>51855623
so annon, what do you plan on doing with our cool ass sci-fi shit?

I want to explore how two species that are conveniently parallel in tech making first contact with radios, and how the nations of their worlds race to build the biggest radio arrays to get the best signals. I wonder if you could use a ground based telescope to look onto the surface in any detail? could a Xenobiologist and an Xenogeologist share the same telescope?
>>
File: margaret-hamilton.jpg (134KB, 558x689px) Image search: [Google]
margaret-hamilton.jpg
134KB, 558x689px
>>51855159
Not to ruin your narative but Margaret Hamilton was pretty groundbreaking and the practices that she and her team developed during the Apollo program are still being used in building software where safety is critical.

Pic related: Margaret Hamilton with the code for the Apollo LM

It sucks that Ada Lovelace gets propped up by SWJ's as some sort of genius while actual godtier female comp-sci people like Margaret Hamilton and Rear Admiral Grace Hopper exist.
>>
>>51855634

So what do ya think of this thesis:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/17/intelligence-is-being-bred-out-of-the-gene-pool-6385934/

Western countries (in this case the trend was observed in Iceland with negligible amount of non-Europeans are voluntarily breeding intelligence out of the gene pool, but smart leaders no matter their political views should promote that trend to produce an electorate that is predictable to stay in power.
>>
>>51855804

So Idiocracy is actually a thing now?
>>
>>51855623
someone should edit that Nedriod comic about drying your hands so that Eduardo is on 4chan shitposting instead with the panel "this is my life now"
>>
>>51855830
Reginald, not Eduardo, Jesus fuck is there even a character named Eduardo in Nedroid? I'm so sick...
>>
>>51855634

> Why do you think trump got so much white trash to magnetize to his ass?

I dunno, how did Obama get all those hoodrats to back him?

> the poor in this country are omnilaterally fucked over, and are despret to get any edge up.

And yet, they wouldn't be better off anywhere that is non-White and non-Japanese.

> if the whities see the chance to get their situation better at the expense of others, why would they give a shit about any other poor person?

>implying non-Whites are better here
>>
>>51855718
Two blocs involved in a new Cold War both send colony ships to the system, where 3 planets in the Goldilocks zone are survivable without the need for terraforming. One lands on the hotter planet at the edge of the zone closer to the sun, the other on the opposite side. The middle planet becomes the centre piece for the war going hot.
>>
>>51855904
would there be any chance of native flora/fauna giving them trouble?
>>
>>51855175
They have started throwing in a mix of skintones in the paint schemes. A few of the Sisters of Silence, a few Genestealer Cultists, etc.
>>
>>51855937
Oh, forgot to add the Celestial Lions chapter were all African-based in culture and appearance (though most of them got murdered by the Inquisition)
>>
>>51855605
>>51855567

its something about which year you use. i think they only break down race for one focus subject for each testing cycle

the us always does weird stuff to hide or distort racial test and iq data despite the fact that it loves to collect it
>>
>>51855937
why are you spoiling the GC?
>>
>>51855937

Gibs proof of that.
>>
File: sistersofsilence.jpg (80KB, 693x384px) Image search: [Google]
sistersofsilence.jpg
80KB, 693x384px
>>51855968
Because I figured some pollack would go HA SEE THEY'RE BAD GUY NIGGERS

>>51855983

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Genestealer-Cults-Neophyte-Hybrid-Squad

and pic related
>>
Does anyone else think Trump's policy on Space is actually very reasonable?

Apparently, he wants to transfer all NEO launches and activity to the private sector and devote NASA entirely to the study and exploration of the solar system and beyond.
>>
>All these idiots thinking Race matters instead of Culture

White Trash and Ghetto Culture are the enemy.
>>
>>51856029
yes because nasa has always sucked at launches anyway
>>
>>51856029
Got a source?
>>
>>51856062
You're a special kind of retard.
>>
>>51856068

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-space-policy-options-emphasize-role-of-private-enterprise-1486317411
>>
>>51856046
fair enough. aculturation is the prime factor when it comes to differences across demographics.

Effective education is the bullet that would put those enemies down.
>>
>>51856090
russia has better rockets and a safer record. nasa is currently cucked by russian rockets right now too. we need them to do our shit for us
>>
>>51856137
we only hve them do our shit for us because we don't have enough funding in NASA
>>
>>51856128

>education performance has nothing to do with intelligence
>>
>>51856128
>>51856046
>poor white schools score higher than even well off black school
>race isnt real!

culture and race both matter, are both real, and most importantly of all, interact with one another
>>
>>51856178

That's because of the ambient culture in poor white schools compared to well-off black schools.

Are you suggesting the rich black students aren't getting influenced by Kanye West and hood culture?
>>
>>51856205

>muh blank slate
>>
>>51854436
alright but i am separate from my consciousness, if i were to upload myself to a computer, but not kill my body, there would be two of me, and who can say which one i would be?
>>
>>51856227
>and who can say which one i would be?

There would be two of you, and the last one standing would be the "real" you.

Say what you will, but Soma handled the concept of consciousness brilliantly.
>>
>>51856205
are you suggesting whites dont? do you imagine poor white trash acting like a college professor or something?

they also have their equivalent white versions of bad influences too you dumb nigger
>>
>>51856266
>do you imagine poor white trash acting like a college professor or something?

Of course not, but I believe poor white trash do not have influences diametrically opposed to the absorption of knowledge and the encouragement of further learning.
>>
>>51856296
then youre a clueless fucking moron.

i bet youre a real life KANG
>>
File: fuckin magnets.jpg (46KB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
fuckin magnets.jpg
46KB, 1152x720px
>>51856296
>but I believe poor white trash do not have influences diametrically opposed to the absorption of knowledge and the encouragement of further learning.
That's where you're wrong.
>>
File: 1465558780130.jpg (98KB, 1000x517px) Image search: [Google]
1465558780130.jpg
98KB, 1000x517px
>>51856322

Ayo hol up!
>>
File: 1442074454416.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1442074454416.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>51855177
So big """""tl, dr"""

Mankind discovers some forerunner tier technology deep in the ocean (maybe mars, haven't decided yet).
Reverse engineers said tech to create various "star-gates".
Of all of these only one seems to work.

This portal leads to a star system on the other side of the galaxy which contains a doze or so of habitable planets.
We send colonists in, they discover a variety of flora, fauna and more forerunner shit.
Shortly after however, the dormant gates activate on their own, and spew millions of Hostile Alien lifeforms into or unprepared planet.

A portion of population of earth then starts taking refuge into their one working way into paradise.
The remaining governments and superpowers on earth collaborate of a "Gandalf" protocol to guarantee mankind's survival.
Destroying the portal, using every single manner of WMD to eradicate all life on earth and sending Sol 3 back to Hadean period.

And so the setting takes place 1000 years from said Exodus/Extinction even.
Humans have met up with other sapient alien races whom have had a similar story.
Societies and governments have been raised, war for resources have been fought over and various faction fight over the dominion of the system.
There's also multiple themes to spice things up like gene-splicing, psudeo magic shit and stuff like that to make it more interesting.
>>
Hey, you all know that there actually isn't a White Race, Black Race, etc. Genomics has shown that.
>>
>>51856697
They don't care anon.

A thread about the possibilities of our future existence on another planet is nothing to the power and lure of edginess.
>>
>>51856892
A real shame. But optimism and cooperation won't give you internet points.
>>
>>51855712
Sauce
>>
>>51856697
Murricans never stop being creepy fucks. That's why they are still obsessed with that race shit.
>>
>>51856697
>race isn't real until youre picking a sperm donor
>>
Reminder that Middle Easterners (espeically Jews) and North Africans count as White if the rest of Africa is just Black. Still a White Nationalist polfag?
>>
>>51857598

>Genomics nun reel

>t.pol
>>
>>51855662
is that
is that the eye of sauron
>>
>>51857646
what?

also it doesn't matter if you break up blacks into sub sub species.all black groups bar none are total shit. why do you care to have 10 groups of shit instead of just 1?
>>
>>51857646
Didn't all the blacks kick all the whites out of Africa, only to immediately fall into a depression that ended with them begging whitey to come back?
>>
>>51857717

> what?

Euros and MENAs are close enough that you can dump them together into one White Race.

> also it doesn't matter if you break up blacks into sub sub species.all black groups bar none are total shit.

Egypt. The Badarins in Upper Egypt were recorded as being similar to modern Somalis.
>>
File: all the feels.webm (1MB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
all the feels.webm
1MB, 450x472px
>>51852496
>Born too early
>You will never be a space trucker
>>
>>51854589
Sustainable off-world life was feasible decades ago, we just waste resources on helping the poor/sick/elderly instead of spreading into space.
>>
File: 51031458.jpg (250KB, 679x720px) Image search: [Google]
51031458.jpg
250KB, 679x720px
>Pretty cool ass space discovery;
>NIGGERS, WOMYN, AND POOR PEOPLE IZ KEEPING DA WHITE MAN DOWN;
Yeah, thanks for shitting up the thread.
>>
>>51858169
No, dumbfuck conservatives wasted money and potential on the "star wars"
>>
>>51858216

>tumblr

>>51858344

Go to Cuba.
>>
>>51854589
Humankind is too widespread, too generalist to be destroyed unless we end up like trilobites and just get massively out competed by a great leap in evolution.

We could survive the past mass extinction causing disasters we can document, we can escape this planet.
>>
>>51854209
It says in the article that it's congress making the huge cuts and Nye is asking Obama to step in. Not that Obama's ordered NASA's budget cut or something.

So if anything you should be blaming congress. I wonder who had majority at the time..?
>>
Crossposting my idea from /sci/:
>multiple planets could have life, but are most likely tidally locked, putting a nasty limit on development
>planets go to war with each other over living space
>the winning species exterminates the others by casting them into the wastes
>at this moment they receive a transmission from the stars about an incredible world that spins and is covered in water a few stars over
>meat's back on the menu boys
>>
>>51854881
Theoretical max speed for an orion driven interstellar starship is .40C, and the acceleration and deceleration phases will take only 4 years each

So the objective travel time will be approx 106 years, but it will be approx 100 years subjective time for the starship.

Yes that means that we need cryosleep for a single generation trip, but alternatively you could have a 4 generation journey.
>>
>>51855124
They weren't programmers, they were mathematicians checking the results of the archaic computers, and they were hired because they were much cheaper than white or male or white and male competitors.

But
>>51855174
Basically.
>>
>>51858644
Don't forget the EM drive would allow theoretical constant accelleration/decelleration, drastically shortening the journey.
>>
>>51858216

I check back on /tg/ for five minutes after spending 2 years away and immediately stumble into this shit.
>>
>>51855375
Orion mission to Saturn and back needs only 400 warheads, and that's with a deceleration burn at Saturn to park in a science orbit.
>>
>>51858463
First of why Cuba second of why the fuck is Spain on that graph
>>
File: 1473605378579.png (401KB, 600x696px) Image search: [Google]
1473605378579.png
401KB, 600x696px
>>51858216
>tfw everyone left of me is a cuck
>tfw everyone right of me is a nazi

How can one shitposter on 4chan be so smart?
>>
>>51858691
Reactionless doesn't mean that we won't find that it has a sub-C upper bound for acceleration.

An Orion can carry enough tritium packets to set them off far after it reaches its upper bound velocity, and still have enough to decel.
>>
>>51855548
kek
underrated post
>>
>>51855335
I don't think you get it, either. The one thing everyone can agree on eith EMdrive is that if it does work, it produces fuck all thrust. It's pretty much only useful for stationkeeping because using then as an actual main drive would take stupidly long to actually get anywhere even in system.

The beauty of the orion is that it offers fantastic Isp ON TOP OF insane acceleration. You get where you want quick, with pretty damn good fuel efficiency.
>>
File: 1459825807720.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1459825807720.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
>>51852496
Too bad they've already been claimed by the Eldar.
>>
>>51855782
>Margaret Hamilton
Yes, ONE woman. ONE. NOT womEn.
Kids these days need to work on their comprehension skills ffs.
>>
what if we meet aliens and they get offended by our memes
>>
>>51860197

Bane is universal though.
>>
>>51855623
To break from that, how would 4chan communicate with an unknown alien species?

Is it memes? I'm betting its memes.
>>
>>51861138
/pol/ will whine about it
/k/ will shoot it
/tg/ will luv it
/b/ will fuck it
>>
>>51858694
welcome back, here's the new /tg/ rampant with shitposters

>>51858709

anon there had to make a completely unsubstantiated and nonsensical claim about something to do with Cuba's GDP.

Y'know, the measure that economists have been abandoning in droves in favour of HDI due to how skewed it can be.
>>
>>51861138
Binary would most likely be universal. The 0s and 1s may not look the same, but tge concept will be clear.
>>
File: Pythagoras.png (12KB, 757x750px) Image search: [Google]
Pythagoras.png
12KB, 757x750px
>>51861138
Remember lads, the aliens might not know who Pythagoras was, but if they're from the same universe as us, they sure as shit know about his triangle.
>>
>>51861262
I thought unsubstantiated sex with abnormal beings was /d/'s sacred territory

/mu/ would declare their music shit before they even heard it
/m/ would either love it or hate it depending on robot usage amongst the populace
/r9k/ would blame them for even more of their pathetic problems
/co/ would find SOME reference to it happening in one of their troves
/biz/ would dispense questionable financial practices as per normal
/fit/ would mire the fuck out of their gains
anymore?
>>
>>51852496
>barely a proper star at all, basically just a glorified brown dwarf
>planets receive large X-ray and extreme UV flux, confirmed to be enough to significantly alter or strip their atmospheres
>planets pretty much guaranteed to be tidally locked to the star
>planets are in really close orbits, so receive huge temperature variations and ionising radiation flux from stellar flares
>severe tidal stresses from star and each other
>probably just a mix of atmosphere-stripped rocks and Venus analogues
Yeah, sounds like prime real estate.
>>
File: we send porn.jpg (24KB, 700x451px) Image search: [Google]
we send porn.jpg
24KB, 700x451px
>>51861138

Time to break out the old Sagan inscriptions.
>>
File: stupid ape.jpg (56KB, 358x429px) Image search: [Google]
stupid ape.jpg
56KB, 358x429px
>>51861138
Smug anime girls, actually.
>>
>>51855958
>murdered by the Inquisition
That's a funny way to spell "Ork snipers". Don't want to be getting ourselves accused of heresy, now, do we?
>>
>>51861398
i'm fairly sure that fits under a broad definition of memes
>>
File: dear faggot fat half life hat.jpg (2MB, 4174x2468px) Image search: [Google]
dear faggot fat half life hat.jpg
2MB, 4174x2468px
>>51861138
"Dear Alien lifeforms,
Are you cute? If so, can we please mate with you?
If you aren't, can we still please mate with you? We're desperately lonely here.
Love, 4chan"
Either that or pic related.
>>
>>51861464
Considering how unlikely aliens are to resemble humans, I can only see one way for this to end:
>sticks dick in something resembling either sentient moss, or a giant isopod-fungus hybrid
>>
File: 1436649041209.jpg (76KB, 960x584px) Image search: [Google]
1436649041209.jpg
76KB, 960x584px
>>51852496
Imagine if more than one of those planets was inhabited by a sapient species. Discovering intelligent lifeforms right next door would be a revolutionary event that'd change practically every aspect your civilization.

Best case scenario they would try to establish open communications and diplomacy, greatly accelerating the advancement of both their species.

Worst case, and probably more realistic scenario, they would start a race to be the first to destroy of subjugate the other.
>>
>>51858894
Is that Haemonculus partially flayed, wearing a bodyglove, or wearing a bodyglove made of flayed skin? I've never been sure.

And the blurriness of that Talos' skin is really throwing me.
>>
>>51858500
Anon these people can't make those kinds of connections. It's all the black guys fault
>>
>>51861521
It's probably a mixture of all three.
>>
>>51855551
You have to be 18 or over to post on 4chan, anon.
>>
>>51861495
You say that like it would be a bad thing.
>>
>>51857646
There is less difference, genomically, between an Anglo and a Maori than between a Bantu and a Pigmi.

The difference between Sub-Saharan Africans and North Africans/every other ethnic group on earth is Neanderthal admixture.

>>51857598
Oddly enough, however, all of us have the same basic strains of mitochondrial DNA, there isn't a "pure strain" African mitochondrial DNA line, and all of these lines diverged after the neanderthal line had diverged from the African strain homosapiens (which is the strain that contributes most of the genetic heritage for all modern humans)

This means that Neanderthal women did not contribute to the neanderthal admixture, it was neanderthal men who entered in to the modern human societies and contributed genetic data.
>>
>>51861380
I thought about that too, sure all seven are earth like but they aren't exactly hospitable based on what we know. Maybe a farther one won't be tidally locked and warm enough for water, but that star still puts out piss all for light
>>
>>51861138
>>
>>51854436
>Every night you go to bed you die and a slightly different copy of you wakes up in your body
Just because there is a break in your consciousness doesn't mean "you" died or "you" gets copied numbnuts.
>>
>>51862833
Good
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (201KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
201KB, 1280x720px
>>51861138
If video games have taught me anything, it's that aliens only understand basic geometry.
>>
>>51862833
What would alien memes look like?
>>
>>51863094

Crashing this F'bwaazh...

With No EkStrudoi!
>>
>>51855662
Lord of the Rings in space with gundams and shit when?
>>
File: anakinpodracing.jpg (9KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
anakinpodracing.jpg
9KB, 267x189px
>>51858557
We'll try spinning!
That's a neat trick
>>
>Aliens be all like "Fug the newbies noticed us."
>>
File: 2013-06-19-Pork-Futures.jpg (247KB, 900x578px) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-19-Pork-Futures.jpg
247KB, 900x578px
>>51854436
>>51854508

Enjoy the future.
>>
>>51861619
The father ones have a similar irradiance to Mars or Ceres, IIRC. If there's thicker atmospheres, then maybe that could aid in circulation and get them up to life-bearing temperatures, but thick atmospheres could do some really weird shit to the surface too. Beyond a certain point, the surface conditions will stop looking like Earth's, and closer to something like Neptune if it lacked hydrogen and helium (supercritical oceans of liquid methane, ammonia, water, etc.).
>>
>>51861500
Well what if they have the mental faculties of a human retard? What would we get from interacting with species that are barely sapient? Could they end up latching on to human civilization and just acting as yet another cheap source of labor?
>>
>>51858808
>cucks to the left of me
>/pol/ers to the right
>here I am
>stuck in the middle with (You)
>>
>>51863423
>future
>cheap labor
Ayyy
It's all machines, human.
>>
>>51863179
When Fomalhaut stops putting out enough UV radiation to kill off peoples' fantasies of ever having habitable planets in the system.

So, never.
>>
>>51861595

No it doesn't, there are no neanderthal Y-chromosomal lineages in humans.

It's impossible to know if it was male or female origin or both because uniparental lineages vanish so quickly.

Neanderthal mother + Sapiens father have a son, he can't pass mitochondrial DNA on because he's a male, uniparental neanderthal lineage is gone in two generations

Neanderthal father and sapiens mother have a daughter, uniparental neanderthal lineage never gets introduced into the hybrids in the first place.
>>
>>51854625
>the two would still be different in a fundamental level, because one is the original and the other is not
Thats not a fundamental thing, its just an arbitrary distinction we can apply. If you created a perfect copy of yourself both of you would be you.

Over time youd diverge as their experiences begin to differ. But then you're different to the you that existed last year so it's a bit of a moot point.
>>
>>51854656
Water is in pretty much every system, it is the most abundant compound in the universe after all.
>>
>>51854657
But it does, its a break in your continuity.
You simply don't have continuity of mind from day to day.
>>
>>51854836

>move terra
Heresy aside, think of the eco disaster that'd cause
>>
>>51855175
Everywhere, they're common enough in art and stories.

But all the races as we know them are extinct in 40k, there's no europeans or africans. Its Cadians or vostroyans and such.
>>
>>51855718
>I wonder if you could use a ground based telescope to look onto the surface in any detail?
Nah, shits just to far away and dim. Interference from the atmosphere is to much. In principle it could be done with a space telescope but you'd need something much larger than we have now. Even then you're not going to be able to get surface details, the extreme dimness of the planet means youll need a long exposure, which with the planets rotation will motion blurr any details into oblivion.
>>
>>51854775
Most of the things the durkas get credited for were stolen from India, anyway.
>>
>>51857803

Mugabe kicked the descendants of long past European farmers out of Zimbabwe.

Reads really different to budding stormfags.
>>
File: 1476894912684.jpg (89KB, 880x505px) Image search: [Google]
1476894912684.jpg
89KB, 880x505px
>>51854087
>also have to wonder how full nasa is with diversity hires now

Not many, actually.
>>
>>51863287

Things worked out for VirtuaRonnie, and that's what really matters.
>>
File: 1438670494560.png (115KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1438670494560.png
115KB, 384x384px
>>51852496
>there's a whole solar system where the planetary inhabitants possibly already know what it's like to visit completely different worlds and a meet truly alien, alternately evolved lifeforms because they happen to be only a few months or years away from each other

>they're conducting space trade as we speak and having actual dialogue and blowing each others' minds with how radically different they are from each other while unlocking the secrets behind what universally binds all living, self-aware beings

>they're already learning how to fuck one another and go on epic Mass Effect-scale adventures
>>
>>51865536
>Implying they're not nuking the shit out of each other.
>>
File: fox.jpg (14KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
fox.jpg
14KB, 300x250px
>>51865880
>>
>>51858891
No, the one thing that we can agree on is that the thrust produced is amazing. Seriously, check the math, an unoptimized test module produced orders of magnitude more thrust than solar sails can.
>>
>>51854656
>7 planets in the godlilock zone with water

That's not quite right. They are in the goldilocks zone, and they may have water. It is not certain that they do. In fact it is unlikely. There are other issues with calling them as potential candidates for colonization (setting travel completely aside).

Another important consideration is that red dwarf stars are subject to frequent, intense flares that are likely to have stripped away the atmospheres of any planets in such close orbits.

An XMM-Newton X-ray study shows that the Earth-sized planets in the habitable zone of the star are subject to sufficient X-ray and extreme ultraviolet (EUV/XUV) irradiation to significantly alter their primary and perhaps secondary atmospheres.

All seven planets are likely to be tidally synchronized (or possibly but less likely or trapped in a higher-order spin-orbit resonance), making alien life less likely but "not an insurmountable obstacle".
>>
>>51863619
made my day
>>
>>51861521
>Is that Haemonculus partially flayed, wearing a bodyglove, or wearing a bodyglove made of flayed skin?
Yes.
>>
>>51865986
To be fair that makes the speculative fiction more fun. Perhaps only the most distant planets in the habitable ring are survivable by humans, while one or two closer in might have some kind of radiation-resistant life that's suited to the thinner atmospheres.
>>
Didn't Alex Jones tell Joe Rogan about this?
>>
>>51854436
t. Planetary Consortium
>>
>>51863619
Kek
>>
>>51864828

And look at how Zimbabwe is doing today. It's a wonderful land with rivers of chocolate.

>>51864845

Not enough Sassy Shaniquas.
>>
>>51853613
Honestly, as much as I love space and fantasize about first man on mars/alien life/first contact/suspended animation travel/FTL travel happening within my lifetime...
I'm still okay with letting my grandchildren have those things if it means saving millions from death by weather bullshit, mosquitoes, contamination, starvation, and the other horrible shit global warming causes.
And honestly, it'll be hard for the next generations to keep funding our attempts at space exploration if they're busy dealing with the climate crisis hot potato we handed them, whereas they'll go much farther than us if we actually "fix" the problem.
In the long run, space exploration is wonderful, but it can wait a century or two. Climate change is lame, but it can't.

>>51863423
We can probably learn a LOT from a biology standpoint. Animal behavior specialists would be jizzing their pants.
>>
File: 1487520338971.jpg (160KB, 1200x877px) Image search: [Google]
1487520338971.jpg
160KB, 1200x877px
>>51867614

>still falling for global warming
>>
>>51854436
The existence of "self" is one weird fucking can of worms.

>>51861138
Imagine an alien species which communicates exclusively through memes. As in their whole language is 90% made up of cultural references and implications. That'd be a pain in the ass.
In fact I think I'll use this in my sci-fi setting where universal translators are a thing.
>Communication software has been collecting billions of words and grammar rules from Meme Aliens
>It's been doing this for an entire century and their sentences are still nonsensical shit
>Picture telling your grandma what used to be so funny about people hiding loss.jpg lines in obscure, random places
>Imagine this, but no one remembers what Ctrl+Alt+Del was, and you're the grandma.

>>51861341
What if the aliens don't even recognize drawings? What if their conception of space is entirely different from ours?
>>
File: posthumans.jpg (1MB, 1600x2183px) Image search: [Google]
posthumans.jpg
1MB, 1600x2183px
>>51867722
My first thought in reaction to this was a distinct lack of surprise, because deep down I've always just taken it for given that Jill Stein was an agent of Sauron.
>>
>>51853344
Honestly, technology is so fucking rapidly advancing I wouldn't be surprised if happens within our lifetime.
Alpha Centaur is about 1/10th the distance, so if interstellar travel is ever made possible there, Trappist-1 is within the realm of feasibility.
I'm not delusional, though. I'm quite aware aCent is not something we can reach very soon, unless some physicist finds a cheat code to the universe
>>
File: 1484933058924.jpg (302KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484933058924.jpg
302KB, 1024x768px
>>51854521
All I got from your post is that the ayys will likely be blind and thus easily conquered.
>>
File: 145684670970.gif (4MB, 800x336px) Image search: [Google]
145684670970.gif
4MB, 800x336px
>>51858488
>get massively out competed by a great leap in evolution
>>
>>51854656
If I'm not mistaken, the goldilocks zone is a distance, not the size.
If so, then only 3 are within it-- but that's still sick as fuck senpai
>>
>>51852601
It's because they're too caught up in freaking out over stupid shit like whether a dress is blue and black or white and gold, rather than thinking about what we'll do once we fuck Earth past the point of no return.
>>
>>51861369
/v/ would declare their vidya the worst in the history of the universe without even glancing at the cover art, let alone actually playing them.
>>
File: 1485590640310.jpg (99KB, 560x788px) Image search: [Google]
1485590640310.jpg
99KB, 560x788px
>>51852496
>with 7(!) earth-like planets just 40 ly away. I

WE CAN DO IT LADS!

This is the time to get off our arses and actually do something!

If we heavily invest in life extending technologies, if we keep politics spotlight on space exploration.

We might actually be around to see it!

We already have the EM propulsion system, which could take us there.
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/04/evaluating-nasas-futuristic-em-drive/
>>
And for some reason, when considering travelling in space for a long time resulting in loss of muscle mass, no one has suggested using so much testosterone that you turn the astronauts into space marines so that they have more muscle to lose...
>>
>>51862833
pls no
>>
File: onlyif.png (112KB, 668x599px) Image search: [Google]
onlyif.png
112KB, 668x599px
>>51862833
What im saying now will be beamed into space?

First.
>>
>>51862833
Whelp, we'll be exterminated the moment that signal reaches intelligent life.
>>
>>51868003
that's just a pronounced cultural divide between generations, just get hip, man.
>>
>>51868038

It's the distance out from the star that water can exist in a liquid state.

There are three "definites" and the rest are debatable depending on planetary conditions.
>>
File: t3_4z45sl.png (773KB, 1083x607px) Image search: [Google]
t3_4z45sl.png
773KB, 1083x607px
>>51868957
They will arrive, unbidden, in our atmosphere.
They will dominate our primitive communications.
They will coat the globe with their warcry, and will make us know fear.

And it shall be: "Greetings!"
>>
>>51867769
Do it with bits of string, loose change, whatever materials you have on hand. They have to perceive that, or else how do they exist in a material universe?
>>
>>51868003
Source?
>>
>>51858709
>why the fuck is Spain on that graph
Because, being the progenitor of Latin America, Spain is slightly relevant to the region and provides another point of comparison to see just how shit Cuba and communism is
>>
>>51855124
kek
>>
>>51852601
Can you blame people for being burned out on science? Nothing notable has happened in space since the cold war.
Hell, nothing notable has happened on SCIENCE since the cold war, unless you count the fucking iPhone.
>>
>>51870763
This is on point, I believe. America won the space race in the eyes of it's own public and shifted its attention to other things. Almost makes me wish the Soviets had stuck it out a bit longer. Maybe there would be more interest in space by both parties if the Union went for Mars: The Rematch of the Reds.
>>
File: 1476147007275.gif (266KB, 478x369px) Image search: [Google]
1476147007275.gif
266KB, 478x369px
>>51852496
>tfw I'll never get to set foot on another world
>>
>>51873327
Don't lose hope. There is possibility that commercial moon trips will start before we die.
>>
>>51854628
>freeze brain processes
>make copy
>destroy "original"
>no divergence
>continuity achieved
>>
>>51865192
He might think that, but when the dosage on the euthanasia drugs gets screwed up and you regain consciousness just in time to experience your asphyxiation, you might come to disagree with your formerly held belief.
>>51868003
Yes, that's what I was implying.

All apocalypse scenarios will suck massively, but won't get us in the end, except the posthuman apocalypses. Those have the potential to actually end us.
>>
File: selfcest.jpg (8KB, 207x204px) Image search: [Google]
selfcest.jpg
8KB, 207x204px
>>51874181
>Destroying the original
>Not fucking it
>>
>>51869452
How do you get the abandon planet demand?
>>
>>51852601

Why should people be interested when humanity won't even colonize Mars for another 50-100 years, let alone leave the fucking Solar System. No one gives a shit because it's uninteresting to see the snail's pace research find a slightly different colored rock every 5 years or something equally as mundane.
>>
>>51867769
>Imagine an alien species which communicates exclusively through memes.
Darmok and Jalad, at Tanagra! Shaka, when the walls fell!
>>
>>51852496
>it's "continuity is responsible for state of consciousness episode" on /tg/
Consider the following:
What if the thing responsible for the state of consciousness exists outside of our bodies?
>inb4 "soul"
Yeah, some people might call it a soul, but the point isn't that it makes us somehow special.
Basically, whenever our bodies force us into a state of unconsciousness, our actual consciousnesses return into a sort of storage, and returns whenever we have a vessel available.
And this is why we experience continuity of consciousness whenever we fall asleep, unconscious, into coma, etc.
The exact mechanism of "soul" distribution might differ - maybe the soul is copied from some "root" place, maybe it's automatically compiled from primordial consciousness soup whenever a vessel is available, maybe there's finite amount of "soul energy", maybe there's not.
Basically, we can be just ghosts in the machine, the only difference is, the machine is organic.
>>
>>51870763
>Hell, nothing notable has happened on SCIENCE since the cold war
Is, is this nigga serious?
>graphene
>genome sequencing
>molecular biology finally turning from simply a theory into practice
>Poincare conjecture proven
>cloning and genetical enhancement
Sorry, but you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.
Just because the science turned away from electrical/nuclear technology doesn't mean there were no scientific advancements.
The 21st century is a century of biology, genetics, and medicine. Fuck you.
>>
>>51878841
I'm glad someone said it.
>>
>>51879040
Imagine if first contact was made with a meme-savvy admiral.
>"Sir, they're hailing us!"
>[ Haruus walks! Jaaki at Ygrau, face flexed! ]
>"So it has come to this..."
>Admiral opens up a screen
>It's 4chan
>Makes a thread on /xeno/ "Guise I need memes for first contact, stat"
Thread posts: 272
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.