[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever solved a problem or defeated an enemy by showing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: aid25467-728px-Hug-Step-9.jpg (35KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
aid25467-728px-Hug-Step-9.jpg
35KB, 728x546px
Have you ever solved a problem or defeated an enemy by showing compassion? Is it even possible?
>>
Compassion is the only way to defeat this enemy. At least, permanently defeat.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/burning-child/
>>
It's called a diplomacy check.
>>
Yeah. It's one of my favorite in-game problem solving methods. Villain causing problems? Give him some compassion. Compassion he can't resist. Show him so much compassion he drowns in it. Wrack him with compassion. Use your compassion to split him open. Show him so much compassion there's nothing villainous left after you're done. Be compassionate as fuck, and when he begs for you to stop, reach inside him and yank out his compassion and show it to him. Then let all your friends show their compassion to him, over and over again. Your compassion washes over him like a cool summer breeze. Only then he will truly understand how compassionate you are.

The dispassionate should fear the compassionate.
>>
>>51838464

It's true, it does work, even against Evil god-beings.
>>
>>51838259
BBEG got cucked by the king.
I got him some bitches.
One stayed and married him.
I got some gold.
Everyone wins.
>>
File: the power of compassion.png (85KB, 308x164px) Image search: [Google]
the power of compassion.png
85KB, 308x164px
>>51838259
>>
>>51838259
No. Mercy and justice are polar opposites.
>>
>>51838375
>Ghost of a tortured sorcerer kid
>Constantly exploding with fire magic
>Only way to permanently kill it is to hug it enough
>>
I was running a game where a village was being attacked by a tribe of goblins that was taken over by a brutish bugbear. In the party we had a cavalier who sworn to protect the weak from those who would strong arm them. She convinced the goblins that they would be safer and not beaten every day if they followed her, they turned on the bugbear, and now "serve as guardians" for the village... which mainly consist of the cavalier doing her best to prevent them from burning their own homes down.
>>
>>51838546
Hello Mr. A
>>
>>51838632
Somebody post that pic.
>>
I'm in a Nanoha game, so this is basically par for the course.

Sometimes said compassion is expressed in the form of huge pink laser beams, but that's just how it goes.
>>
I once played a druid that empathy'd it's way out of almost every monster fight.
>>
File: Flowey.png (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Flowey.png
23KB, 500x500px
>>51838259
>showing compassion
What do you think PC's are?
>>
>>51838375
Ugh the edge is real
>>
Well, there was this one time on a homebrewed game based on Daggerfall in which i pretty much avoided the destruction of an entire city just because i didn't feel like it would be that worth it. Also had to rescue the princess inside.
>>
We made sure the recurring silly, mostly harmless villain feel loved when the BBEG deemed him too inadvertently useful to us and too destructive for him, but he was already bleeding out so it didn't really help much.
>>
Once I decided to play as a half elemental in a D&D game, we learned that my father was infact the realms tyrant!

so I had a plan, I went in alone... and hugged him letting my element take over, it was frost, I hugged him till he suffered a fate of ice piercing the heart from the inside out.

My diplomacy, bluff, and intelligence roles where high enough that the guards never suspected anything.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.