[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Take two or more of your favourite properties, derive a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

ITT: Take two or more of your favourite properties, derive a plot hook from them, then merge them.

A thread on a quarantined undead city lead me to an idea for a setting that would combine the culling of Stratholme with the setting of Gothic - a small area gets touched with an undead-causing plague and the mages trying to lock the undead infestation in a magical barrier fuck it up and lock in a much greater area with a much greater populace. The undead inside control a massive amount of resources and keep growing due to constantly harvesting people.

This locked-in area is now a small scale zombie apocalypse scenario. Where some of the sentient undead form into factions and some of the survivors form different ones, and the players are in the middle, just trying to survive.

And it could even diverge into an evil campaign if the players decided to go with the undead in the hopes of a lucky break and achieving (semi-) lichdom.
>>
>>51837149
Explain this?
>>
>>51837302
ITT: Take two or more of your favourite properties, derive a plot hook from them, then merge them.

Basically in this case it's something like Warcraft 3 + Gothic + Left 4 Dead
>>
>>51837329
I still don't get it, sorry. Can you explain it to me again, please?
>>
File: magic.jpg (165KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
magic.jpg
165KB, 1024x614px
>>51837149
Jim Butcher's Dresden Files + Shadowrun.

You have the "pre awakening" dresdenverse with all the beloved politics and noir darkness until 2012, at which point shadowrun kicks in and you get the awesome worldbuilding of the two settings combing to make for a modern world ruled by megacorporations and ancient secret societies, with wizards popping up faster than the white council can deal with them, technology merging with magic, and Harry can finally get a smartphone.
>>
I'm in a Dungeons the Dragoning game where this is pretty much the order of the day.

We're currently on Tranquility (Not!Sanctuary, the setting of Diablo) fighting a Chaos government who moved in and are trying to convert the dark fantasy world into a modern industrial demon world. The Office of Excess (Slaanesh), Bureau of War (Khorne), Department of Change (Tzeentch) and Ministry of Epidemics (Nurgle) are, thankfully, not entirely in agreement, and taking advantage of infighting between them is how we hope to save the world.

Our PCs are similar mashups. We have undercover space cop/underwear model Samus, Not!Leah+MGS5 Snake except her 'horn' is the Black Soulstone containing the Prime Evils, an amnesiac magic robot pirate who was built as a proxy for the Quori and my PC, a Dryad worshipper of the Raven Queen who recently found out she was the Abhorsen.

DtD is a mashup by default, and our GM has doubled down on including as many things as possible, but also putting in the work to make it all coherent. One of the BBEG factions is Cryx, who are a blend of Iron Kingdoms Cryx, the Borg and the Greater Dead from the Old Kingdom series of books.
>>
>>51837329
I see.
>Bionicle.
>40K.
Oh hell...
Um....
Makuta Teridax threatens the warp by slowly absorbing every single C'tan god?
>>
I'm going to make a joke.
>SU.
>Dead space.
>Doom.
>Bioshock.
Told you.
>>
Tiberian Sun + Super Metroid

It is the year 2100. A total disregard for environmental protection has decimated the ecosystem of Earth. Bananas, bees, sheep, domestic geese, carrots, peanuts and a few types of cabbage are extinct. 56% of the various food sources humanity uses are about to go extinct. Mankind is bracing for extinction. Scientists predict that mass deaths will happen within the next 500 years if the extinction rates for food sources keep up.

In this shitpile, humanity still wages war. Overt and covert. You're sent into the toxic wasteland of what used to be North-Korea. The objective? To destroy an illegal biomechanical von-neumann weapon system and kill the president of the corporation producing them.
>>
>>51837149
Dead Space meets Star Trek TNG. You take one of the darkest, grittiest scifis out there, and slap it into one of the most noblebright, naive scifis out there.
>>
>>51837740
>what's up with the armoured soldiers?
>they're special Federation forces.
>what are they doing here? where are they going?
>don't ask those questions. all you need to know is that you don't want to know the answers to those questions.

Would be kinda cool. This secret military Federation force that cleans up some kind of horrifying bio-mechanical von-neumann virus weapon system. Maybe make it really horrifying by having this secret military force cooperate happily with Romulans and Klingon even during times of war.

>why are you guys helping the klingons?
>what we're going to fight down in those caves is much worse than anything the klingons can throw at us
>and it is much worse than anything your federation can throw at us
>>
>>51837329
>Warcraft 3 + Gothic + Left 4 Dead

Isn't that just Dark souls?
>>
>>51837798
>cleans up some kind of horrifying bio-mechanical von-neumann virus weapon system.
That's the thing that really makes the Dead Space necromorphs interesting: they're not propigated by a biological agent, they're propagated by a self recursive signal that embeds itself in the mind of anyone who gets within a few miles of a Marker. The federation's compulsive need to study everything and Leave No Man Behind! would make them about the best carrier society a Marker could ask for.

>He was injured? Beam him back aboard, immediately!
>He's been acting strange? Have him report to medical.
>He's in good health? Have him report to councilor troy.
>He murdered troy with a sharpened comlink and was killed by security? Have Dr. Crusher analyze his body.
>His body got up again and murdered 14 security officers before we finally stopped trying to use non-kinetic energy weapons to hurt it?
>Now dozens of other crew members are acting strangely, and we still haven't isolated a virus? We MUST study the marker more closely to find a solution!
*que repeating cycle of escalating violence*
>>
>>51837149
>Souls/Borne
>Lego
>X-Men
You all awaken at the end of the world, unable to truly die, and gifted with amazing abilities that mark you as outsiders. You must rebuild the crumbling world around you, as well as weapons, vehicles, homes, all using the basic building blocks of existence.
>>
>>51837149
>40k+Twilight Imperium + Justice League

The gods of chaos and destruction are breaking the barriers between reality and the chaos realm decimating hundreds of worlds. Together mankind unites behind caped and masked superheroes from all walks of life / planets / races to destroy them. The catch is that different races and their heroes have different objectives. Some want to use the gods powers, others want to unite the galaxy under their power. Alliances are frail and made all the more difficult when entire fleets can be annihilated by some of the more powerful heroes.

It's literally different races of superheroes flying around in battle-cruisers stabbing each other in the dick occasionally acting frustrating galaxy laws.
>>
>>51838841
>Majora's Mask
>Whatever thing Im interested in at the moment, whether it's Warcraft, JoJo, WHFB,Soulsbourne, L5R etc

I really love what MM did with the environmental NPCs, having them become more and more convinced of their doom as time went on.

I want to create a world where things actively deteriorate based on the players attempts to effect the world. Some towns they went to earlier might be abandoned, others might have guards facing a peasant revolt, as the surrounding farms are left untended to due fleeing farmers.

Seeing the infrastructure of the world crumble around them, minor villains begin to circle like carrion birds, seeing any opportunity to meet their goals.

At first the players are just responding to these local threats, but overtime they start noticing patterns in how things are deteriorating; similar chains of events happening at different places,

And all the time that players spend trying to calm the populace and help the regular folk, the closer the world creeps towards destruction.

The cause of that destruction could be anything appropriate to the setting.
>>
>>51839904
Even better if the players defeat the BBEG, but the cataclysmic deterioration of society has already gained critical mass and society just keeps on crumbling without the BBEG dicking around.
>>
>>51837337
Pokethulhu
Super Robot Wars
Marvel vs Capcom
Alien vs Predator
Kingdom Hearts

>>51837455
I don't get it.
Also, SU?
>>
>Battletech + Doom

The legions of Hell are pouring into the Inner Sphere. Are giant war robots enough to fight off the wicked beasts and save humanity?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.