/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human civilizations favor rivers and coasts, elves prefer forests,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

Human civilizations favor rivers and coasts, elves prefer forests, etc.

But in a high-magic setting, full of ley lines, ley points, places of power, stationary portals, and pools of D&D 3.X-style elemental weirds, would we see more civilizations prioritize building their settlements around mystical resources rather than mundane ones?
>>
>>51833864
Yeah.
>>
>>51833864
>Can't build on the ley lines because it runs through an elven forest.
>Build a sky-city above them to receive the power of the ley lines instead.
You tell me.
>>
File: elf druid.jpg (120KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
elf druid.jpg
120KB, 640x482px
>>51833885
HEY YOU FUCKIN' SPOON-EAR, GET YER OWN LEYLINE AND GET OFF MY LAWN!
>>
File: 1145871564807.jpg (90KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1145871564807.jpg
90KB, 640x480px
>>51833864
As long as those sources of magical power can provide the settlement in food, water and means of transportation. Otherwise i would think that main setlements would be where the source of magic coincides with river and outlying magical resources would be tapped with smaller outposts.
>>
>>51833916
Who're you calling spoon-ear you pole-proportioned dendrophile furry!
I'm not on your lawn!
You're on MY earth!
>>
>>51833864
Don't ley lines and places of power usually follow rivers, harbors, aquifers, etc anyway?
>>
>>51834040
>MY earth

Are you sure it's YOUR earth? By the looks of it, even gravity can't stand your company, you shitcloud! Go do your aeronautic antics over the ocean so when your dumb contraption falls down the only intelligent beings to suffer would be octopi.
>>
>>51834055
Only because people only think to add them after the fact.
>>
>>51834115
I shall enjoy reshaping the earth as I please.

Starting with burning down your forest and then I'll flip the landscape upside-down and give it to your dark-skinned cousins.
>>
File: 1163228303055.jpg (91KB, 700x557px) Image search: [Google]
1163228303055.jpg
91KB, 700x557px
Also if magic could solve many of our real world logistical problems, would cities end up smaller and population more dispersed as there would be less need for transfer of goods? Also fortifications might end up obsolete like they do today. Nature of war might change as warfare would become so destructive that you wold destroy what you fight to gain.
>>
>>51834234
Ooh, by all means, come down here. We live in a goddamn tropical forest, we are EXPERTS at handling the falling monkeys problem. Oh and you know what's in abundance on your miserly pile of soil? That's right, trees, grass and roots. Only our goodwill keeps your idiotic little aeronautics project together! So i reiterate, go and settle your flying butt over somewhere less inhabited, or you'll be falling, wholesale or in fragments!
>>
File: 3003416454_df132247e6.jpg (135KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
3003416454_df132247e6.jpg
135KB, 500x313px
>>51834353
Prepare to activate the titans, Gods willing this will be over before they scream.
>>
File: wurm.jpg (496KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
wurm.jpg
496KB, 1920x960px
>>51834399
Oh WOW. A big monkey. The pinnacle of human engineering. I'm clapping here, and it's only 75% sarcastic, you should be honored. yes, go on. Drop it here. Chompy needed a new chew toy anyway.
>>
>>51834454
We have been the guardians of the world, watching as the races squander their lives not caring about the true threat, The demon horde, The very realms of sheogh, I see the grey alliance did nothing but slow us wizards from purging this threat, enjoy your life elf, but your ancestors turn in their graves, ashamed of their kin actually showing hostility to those who saved the world from extinction.

Your land is close to the demon realms, the dark elves, while we both hate them, are the only ones who can now purge the demons from this world.

The life that the elves have protected for eons will burn and feed the demons if you don't let us lift the land away from this flood.
>>
>>51834454
Either the elves let me move the world to destroy this threat, or I must burn the world before the demons come.
Either they get out of my way, or I'll grind them into the dirt they're so fond of worshipping.
>>
>>51833864
Do these resources make food growth easier or keep people safer? If not, I doubt magic resources would influence the placement of cities and such.

Wizards would probably set up their shit near magically powerful places, though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.