[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 63

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Magic Edition
How do you portray spellcasters in your games? Are they always old men, skinny nerds, muscle wizards or sexy sorceresses? What about different magic traditions like hermetic alchemy, taoists sages, onmyoudou or hedge magic? Do you make sure they have their own unique aesthetics? Do they come into conflicts?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: >>51791516
>>
What are the potential uses for a Tiefling's tail with the prehensile tale trait?
>>
>>51803562
Stab
Steal
Tickle
Lewd
>>
>>51803433
I keep wanting to make a daoist or hermeticist-type wizard, but it never really feels appropriate in a game where magic is an everyday thing instead of esoterica.
>>
>>51803562
Reloading.
>>
>>51803562
Use dual-wielded hand crossbows and actually be able to reload without items.
This is perhaps the most feat-intensive fighting style to get working; you wouldn't have any to spare.
>>
File: 1445900309505.jpg (55KB, 503x518px) Image search: [Google]
1445900309505.jpg
55KB, 503x518px
>tfw starting a new game and you're so excited, you wanna talk to the other players about ideas and brainstorm together and come up with something awesome

For me, this can be almost as much fun as the game itself when you have an idea you really like. It's still always a shame when a game ends before really going anywhere and the idea is wasted, but I enjoy making the character, both mechanically and in terms of their backstory.
>>
>>51803433
IMO I love the idea of different magical traditions co-existing in the same setting, sort of in competition with each other in a similar sort of way you'd see different martial art traditions competing in a kung fu setting. Making each tradition have unique aesthetics and themes is important because they need to be clearly distinct to really capture this feel. I particularly adore the idea of "spell sigils", a personally unique symbol of some sort that manifests visually when a mage works magic. Although each mage should have their own individual sigil, mages practicing the same school of magic would have sigils that are in similar style.

Re: appearance of spell casters, they're as varied and unique as any other kind of adventurer so you you get all sorts.
>>
Is there any support for a fighting style where you have a sword in one hand and a crossbow in the other? Think of all the dramatic posing you could be doing.
>>
How better is the unchained rogue compared to core rogue?
>>
>>51803798
straight upgrade of the "this really should have just been how it was to begin with" kind
>>
>>51803798
The core rogue is an NPC class.
>>
>>51803795
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/sword-and-pistol-combat/
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes-2/martial-class-templates/privateer-template/
>>
How would you do a fashionmancer?
>>
In my experience, not only is it more powerful than the default rogue but it is also more fun to play.
>>
>>51803840
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/skald/archetypes/paizo---skald-archetypes/war-painter-skald/
>>
File: frelia.png (152KB, 1609x1828px) Image search: [Google]
frelia.png
152KB, 1609x1828px
>>51803747
Fuck yeah, magic sigils.
>>
What would be the build of a slayer that focuses on murdering people and the monster-hunting part is more of a side-job?
>>
>>51803840
Silksworn Occultist is LITERALLY a fashionmancer, in that they use fancy clothes and magic items to replace their normal implements.
>>
File: 1486336440540.png (486KB, 804x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1486336440540.png
486KB, 804x1044px
>>51803840
>>
File: look at him and laugh.png (969KB, 720x934px) Image search: [Google]
look at him and laugh.png
969KB, 720x934px
>>51803795
Twf?
You'd provoke AoOs for shooting the crossbow though.
>>
File: 08.gif (5KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
08.gif
5KB, 782x543px
>>51803837
>sword and pistol
>requires SNAP SHOT
For what fucking purpose? Fuck you Paizo.
>>
Does anyone have a synopsis for the latest session of Dragon Game?
>>
Is there a way to finesse a falcata?
>>
>>51803934
Effortless Lace
Fighter's Finesse
>>
>>51803934
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/effortless-lace/
>>
Does the crafting mastery mythic path count for meeting the prerequisites of mythic craft wondrous item?
>>
>>51803678

Well what are you waiting for? Go on and tell us your concept and character! Spill the beans! Blow your load!
>>
>>51803980
>Powerful Build
>Effortless Lace
>Huge Falcata/Greatsword/etc
>>
File: 1454502808715.gif (12KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1454502808715.gif
12KB, 250x242px
>>51803895
The party evaded several more traps and a huge stone golem that pursued them endlessly. The final test was the stone golem in a smaller and sexier form. When that was defeated they found a large room full of books and magic items, and rescued some kind of living encyclopedia girl that once belonged to culdranth. The Codex-girl gave them the recipe they were looking for and traveled with them back to the Demesne. Culdranth drank the concoction and suddenly became ultra motivated. Her final words before session end?

"My children...what say we take over the world?"
>>
>>51803840
Tatterdemalion Witch is another possible choice. You're a clothes witch.
>>
>>51804050
Are there any +dex races with Powerful Build?
>>
How dangerous are traps? At what lvl should you be more wary of traps?
>>
>>51803795
Not in Pathfinder.

Back in 3.5 there was a feat in the Drow of the Underdark book, Versatile Combatant. When you were using a rapier and a hand crossbow you were treated as if you had the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, plus it allowed you to avoid attacks of opportunity when making ranged attacks with a hand crossbow.

There was also another feat, Hand Crossbow Focus, which counted as both Weapon Focus (Hand Crossbow) giving you a +1 to hit with a hand crossbow, and rapid reload but only for hand crossbows.
>>
>>51803562
Holding a rod or wand while using a two-handed weapon; it's great for Occultists or Alchemists.
>>
>>51804069
Just to be clear, to benefit from weapon finesse, such a weapon would have to be Large instead of Huge. I think the only way to get Powerful Build on a +dex race would be a 3PP Sorcerer with the Giant Bloodline, or building a custom race.
>>
>>51804050
You can't do it with a greatsword, re-read it. Anyway among one-handed options, you'd probably want a 1d10 weapon, those scale into 2d8, 3d8, etc instead of 2d6 and 3d6 like a falcata.

>>51804069
The weapon has to be your size for that feature of the lace anyway.
>>
>>51804076
>How dangerous are monsters? At what lvl should you be more wary of monsters?

Depends entirely on how your GM uses them.
>>
>>51804076
Below level 5 ulmostly are when traps are really relevant.
>>
>>51804119
Yeah, I can see that now. Greatsword is out, but Falcata is in.
>>
>>51804069
Nope. Not with a race. Best you can do is if your GM is allowed 3pp material. You can take a level of Aegis or get powerful build through Primal Fury stances.
>>
>>51803875
Why does this image make me think of a Rogue Trader with a servoskull?
>>
>>51804069
Nope, but there's plenty of races with +Dex that directly qualify for Powerful Build by level 5.
>>
>>51804010
Well... The DM is running a gestalt Reign of Winter campaign where we each use one of DSP's monster classes and one normal class. I'm going to be playing a female True Dragon//Paladin (NG with DM permission). Instead of a metallic or chromatic dragon, like the monster class outlines, the DM humored my request to convert solar dragons to fit the class.

Since the way the True Dragon class works is that you start as a hatchling and advance in age categories as you level, starting at level one means my character is quite young. The backstory I'm going with so far is that the other two PCs in the party were traveling around when they saw what appeared to be a meteor crash nearby. Checking it out, they found a solar dragon egg in the middle of a smoking crater, which quickly hatched into my PC. She followed the other two PCs around, sticking with them even if they tried to leave her behind.

As a paladin, she's not devoted to a particular god but rather to the ideals of goodness itself.

I'm still working out a lot of specifics for the character, we only starter making out characters the day before yesterday. I'm really enthusiastic about this though, both because RoW is an AP I'm excited to play and because this character concept seems awesome. It's a paladin-dragon that glows with the radiant glory of the very sun itself! Evil beware!
>>
>>51804287

Gosh, I want to write a longer post saying how hyped I am about this concept, but all I can say while phoneposting is I hope you are and forever will be grossly incandescent! That rambunctious child better be the light of the party's lives, all warm giggles and beaming optimism!
>>
>>51804214
Is there a feat for it? The only sources for it I've seen are Half-Giant and Aegis.
>>
>>51804050
>>51804142
Go with Effortless Lace, Powerful Build, Enlarge Person, Growing weapon

There's a jump when it comes to going from gargantuan to colossal.
Falcata goes 1d8 -> 2d6 -> 3d6 -> 4d6 -> 6d6
Bastard sword goes 1d10 -> 2d8 -> 3d8 -> 4d8 -> 6d8
>>
>>51804337
Mighty Frame feat from Bloodforge.
>>
>>51804342
Impact might be useful in this regard too, in case you have a lull and don't want to lose damage. Though, it costs more than Growing.
>>
File: Truemeaningcomic.jpg (453KB, 798x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Truemeaningcomic.jpg
453KB, 798x1476px
>>51804287

That sounds like it might be kind of fun, actually.
>>
>>51804342
Two abilities you could have at 1st level and a 2500gp item to go to Gargantuan is pretty sweet actually. Getting to Colossal as soon as you can afford a +2 weapon seems kind of silly.
>>
What build would be Aragon?
>>
So I'm unclear about how negative levels affect spellcasting based on these clauses:

>The creature is also treated as one level lower for the purpose of level-dependent variables (such as spellcasting) for each negative level possessed. Spellcasters do not lose any prepared spells or slots as a result of negative levels.

This seems like it contradicts itself to me. If a level 7 Wizard takes a negative level, is he still able to cast his 4th level spells because he didn't lose his slots, or is he unable to use the slot because he is treated as being level 6 due to the negative level?
>>
>>51804434
It just fucks with his ECL when it comes to shit like spell penetration and damage die. His fireball for example is now 6d6 instead of 7d6 and d20+6 instead of d20+7 vs SR.
>>
>>51804422
Seeing as Ranger was designed based on Aragorn?

Slayer.
>>
>>51804478

So, a two-handed weapon slayer with some talents in archery?
>>
>>51804422

Probably some kind of low-level ranger/paladin multiclass.
>>
>>51804336
It's okay, I'm super-hyped for it too so I understand completely! I think it'll be really awesome. I want her to grow up learning to be a champion of justice and honor, defender of the innocent, and terrible, wrathful enemy of darkness! Righteous fury and whatnot, but being more than just a warrior against evil and instead becoming a symbol of valor and hope that people can look up to. This character concept is sort of developed reworking of a discarded character concept I considered for a past game, where I was going to play a Bloodrager going into Dragon Disciple. It think it's especially fitting to be a fiery dragon in a campaign about pushing back against a curse of endless Winter, melting the frost away with blinding radiance and fire.

Of course, I can't be such a grand champion right from level one. You work your way up to that shit, so hopefully I'll be able to work a few trials and tribulations into things as we progress and she can develop into the sort of character I have in mind as we go. She's definitely going to be a very unusual character, but then again it's going to be a very unusual party since we're all gestalting a monster class.

>>51804384
DESU, I half expect people to tell me this idea is dumb and snowflakey every time I explain it. Justice ain't got no time for that kind of talk though, there's evil to be smiting!
>>
>>51804342
Running the calc, Falcata only matches bastard sword if you get to 45 added, critical-multipliable damage, and exceeds it at 46+.

Falcata a SHIT.
>>
>>51804465
But if he has Greater False Life prepared as his 4th level spell for 2d10+CL temporary hp, does it become 2d10+6 or is he unable to cast it because CL 6 is not high enough to cast 4th level spells?
>>
>>51804535
I already told you that it doesnt affect his spell slots. If he cast greater false life before getting drained then it would remain unaffected, if he got drained then cast it then it becomes 2d10+ECL.
>>
>>51804549
I see. I thought your fireball example was a different case because a level 6 wizard has 3rd level spells anyway.

So continuing that logic, could you drain him down to level 1 to get a 1d6 Fireball? That would be hilarious.
>>
>>51804522
That's not challenging for many classes at the highest level. A paladin or cavalier using challenge/smite and Power Attack would already hit +38 without anything else.

Granted, this colossal weapon would be obtained by 7th level, not 20th, so there's a lot of growing room over the course of one's career still.
>>
>>51804422

Aragorn is an Advanced Human Slayer running on 32 PB with an artifact Bastard Sword in a world where magic weapons are exceedingly rare and the common person is built with NPC array.
>>
>>51804596

How would you build Anduril?
>>
File: Energy drain.jpg (992KB, 1038x1420px) Image search: [Google]
Energy drain.jpg
992KB, 1038x1420px
>>51804574
May as well drain him to level 0 to kill him with no save.
>>
File: Superior-Spider-Man-31-1.png (713KB, 903x505px) Image search: [Google]
Superior-Spider-Man-31-1.png
713KB, 903x505px
>>51804514
This sounds awesome and I hope it'll go well and you (all) have lots of fun.
>>
>>51804514

Oh my gosh, DUDE. I don't want to spoil anything, but you're going to be in for a super big treat come the later chapters, something I think will fit this character like a glove!

What's her name, anyway? We can't just call her Sunshine forever!
>>
>>51804619
I don't think there's enough information to establish its stats, especially since we only see it wielded by Aragorn, and his exact stats are not known either.
>>
File: 7D9ahEW.png (310KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
7D9ahEW.png
310KB, 1024x577px
>>51804644
>We can't just call her Sunshine forever!
Can't we?
>>
>>51804574
And I know what you're thinking about >>51804622 pic. To put this in context, the ruleset used for the comic was 3.5 where negative levels actually lost you spell slots which has somewhat been toned down since the move to pathfinder.
>>
Is it possible to take levels in two different archetypes of the same class? If so, how does it work if both classes change aspects and beginning spells/feats/specials?
>>
>>51804514
>DESU, I half expect people to tell me this idea is dumb and snowflakey every time I explain it. Justice ain't got no time for that kind of talk though, there's evil to be smiting!
It's snowflakey as hell, but with those chargen rules it'd be hard not to be.
>>
>>51804682
You can take multiple archetypes, but only if they do not conflict(or alter/replace the same abilities, in other words).
>>
>>51804704
Shit. There goes my thought of comboing Whitehaired and Tatterdemalion.
>>
>>51804661

We know Aragorn is most likely an advanced human running on high point buy in an extremely low magic world.

Remember, his blood and breeding makes him as exceptional as his training as a ranger, which while extensive would probably only put him somewhere around level 6 (a good way to gauge the Fellowship's strength is Gandalf's declaration that the Balrog, which is the direct inspiration of the Balor, is beyond any of them.)
>>
>>51804514
Any idea what other people are making? I'm guessing you're all picking high power Monster classes to maintain some semblance of a power balance?
>>
>>51804682
As long as the two archetypes don't change or modify the same ability you can combine them together. So, for example, if you were playing an Alchemist, you could take both the Beastmorph and Vivisectionist archetypes because neither of them modify the same abilities.

You couldn't combine Vivisectionist with Reanimator however, because both of them modify the Bomb ability.
>>
>>51804596
Wasn't Aragorn a Ranger with low-key spells?
>>
>>51804733
Is Gandalf a Reincarnated Druid?
>>
>>51804755
A maiar with levels in bard.
>>
>>51804755

I've always seen Gandalf more as a Solar pretending to be a level 5 wizard or so.
>>
>>51804747

Ranger assumes divine magic and a pet, Aragorn's greatest achievement on the magic-front was unlocking the true potential of Athelas, or King's Foil, a common weed with incredible restorative properties. He also did not have a pet.

The closest thing to Aragorn in modern DnD is the Slayer, which is essentially a Ranger with sneak-attack, no magic and no pets.
>>
>>51804747
I would make him a spell-less, Skirmisher Ranger with the Companion bond.
>>
>>51804755
Gandalf is an 18th level fighter with all of the two-weapon fighting feats and a maxed out Use Magic Device skill so he can use the spells in his magical staff.
>>
File: 2323455158.png (28KB, 500x223px) Image search: [Google]
2323455158.png
28KB, 500x223px
>>51804663

Her party members better praise her, praise her and spoil her rotten.
>>
>>51804778
>Ranger assumes divine magic and a pet, Aragorn's greatest achievement on the magic-front was unlocking the true potential of Athelas, or King's Foil, a common weed with incredible restorative properties.
Well, you have to understand that magic in LotR doesn't really work like that. Magic manifests more in superhuman abilities in herbalism, crafting and so on rather than actual spells.
>>
>>51804776
Sidereal you incompetent shit
>>
>>51804755

No, the Reincarnated Druid would be Radaghast, and Beorn is a Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian.
>>
>>51804796
>Well, you have to understand that magic in LotR doesn't really work like that.

It kind of does, Galadriel used both offensive and defensive magic in the Battle of Dol Guldur (using her ring as a power focus) and I recall Saruman actually throwing a fireball at Gandalf in the books as well as the extended edition of RotK.
>>
File: 1479341970704.jpg (458KB, 1920x2716px) Image search: [Google]
1479341970704.jpg
458KB, 1920x2716px
Is there a list of weapon enhancements and their meanings/descriptions?
Like Keening, or Vorpal, or Flaming, and what not?
>>
>>51804835
Galadriel is a millenia old elf with one of the rings of power, and Saruman is a powerful angel. That's not really on the same level as a Numenorian.
>>
Was Aragon a Switch Hitter or merely a Melee specialist with some feats in archery?
>>
>>51804895
Have you tried the SRD?
Also, that gobbo a cute, but not in the sexual way
>>
>>51804911
Gimli is the melee specialist, Legolass is the archery specialist and Aragon is the iconic switch-hitter.
>>
>>51803840
Prophet of the Kalistrade. More AC for more bling.
>>
How would you go about granting monsters class levels for the purposes of their HD?
Is it basically just adding the Classes HD, hit points, and ability increase as they "level up" or what?
>>
Which Combat Maneuvers are worth your time?
>>
>>51804895
Slay all goblins.
>>
>>51804992
Dirty Trick and Grapple.
>>
>>51805017
Doesn't Grapple fall off quickly then become useless as levels go by? That's what I keep hearing.
>>
>>51805017
Grapple is nice because it doesn't shut off with size, though high level runs into problems with teleportation, incorporeality, and Freedom of Movement. It also prevents you from making full attacks, and you have to focus on 1-2 enemies, which can be difficult. It increases the time it takes to take down a weak target, but it can be quite a debuff for certain types of enemies.
>>
>>51804989
It's the same as multiclassing, basically. Ability increases, feats, etc. are calculated using the total HD(or level).
>>
>>51804895
Should probably be http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/ but it's probably broken since has nothing there.
>>
>>51805060
pfsrd is transferring shit. You'll want to use the PRD for now. Nethys is good, but navigating it can be a bit cumbersome.
>>
So, what are the most common styles of build and archetypes besides archer/melee specialist or switch hitter?
>>
>>51805103
sword shield/twf?
>>
>want to take dual path for mighty summons
>heirophant l1 abilities don't interact with any of my own
Is this a worthwhile feat tax?
>>
>>51804992
Dirty Trick is the most bang for your buck by a wide margin. Grapple is one of the better ones.

The others really depend on your campaign. If you mostly fight humanoid enemies then disarm, trip, steal, and bullrush become very good. If you mostly fight monsters then trip and disarm become actually useless.
>>
Is there any build that allow you to throw daggers, axes or whatever and then focus on melee? How effective is it?
>>
>>51805121
You could look at taking Desna's Starknife thing. Throw Starknives using your cha for hit and damage, then switch to a sword. Might work for a decent paladin, though feat restrictions will hurt like a motherfucker. If you get a Belt of Mighty Hurling, most strength things with enough feats to pay for Precise and shit will do alright, I think.
>>
>>51804644
That sounds promising. I'll look forward to... whatever it is, but thanks for not spoiling it! I was a little unsure if this character would be a bad choice for RoW because Baba Yaga is an evil bitch but I think you're kind of helping her out in some manner (I don't know the specifics, I think you free her or something) and I don't think that helping her out is something my character would do if Baba Yaga offends my character's principles. Baba Yaga might be terrifyingly powerful, but my character's a dragon with conviction- I don't think there could be anything more stubborn or difficult to convince to do something than a dragon with convictions.

Also, no name yet. I'm still trying to think of one! I'm open to suggestions if anyone has ideas. I suppose the character wouldn't have a typical dragon name, seeing as she's basically adopted by non-dragons. Then again, I don't think dragons raise their young anyway, so maybe they name themselves?

>>51804693
Yeah, also partially my line of thought. Paladins being big damn heroes of justice often seem snowflakey anyway if they give off "chosen one" vibes so it seem unavoidable but also pretty forgivable if the character still has some real substance and development to them.

>>51804744
As far as I know the other two players will be running a Succubus//Sorcerer (maybe taking Monk levels when they finish the Succubus levels, apparently True Dragon is the only monster class that goes out to 20 levels) and a Winter Wolf. No idea what normal class the second player is going to run alongside Winter Wolf.

Apparently the two of them run a hot spring business, and might be a couple (which plays nicely into the idea of my character being adopted by them).
>>
>>51805060
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateEquipment/magicArmsAndArmor/weaponSpecialAbilities.html#magic-weapon-special-ability-descriptions
>>
>>51805174
Also the Succubus character is CG, not CE, the player wanted to do the redeemed demon thing. She may or may not have to deal with still having the Chaotic and Evil alignment subtypes even if she's not acting evil, though, I don't remember how the DM is handling that. The Winter Wolf is either CG or CN, I think.
>>
>>51805103
Conjuration based summon wizard, Synthesis Summoner, bomber alchemist.
>>
>>51805174
Hmm. The trove doesn't have the books for Succubus or Winter Wolf. Unfortunate.
>>
File: 1483981904860.png (525KB, 1754x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1483981904860.png
525KB, 1754x1240px
>>51804056
> spoiler

I for one welcome our new draconic overlord(s)
>>
>>51804895
Can a goblin swashbuckle well? +4 Dex and the size bonus on attack rolls should offset the -2 you get for parrying while undersized, relative to a simple +2 Dex race, right? Grab Fencing Grace, every AC boost you can, Weapon Trick (One Handed) and Crane Style, get 3 Ripostes when some schlub gets parried, etc?
>>
File: Worldscape01.jpg (2MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape01.jpg
2MB, 1800x2768px
Zah Comic!
TOKI WO TOMARE!
>>
File: Worldscape02.jpg (1008KB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape02.jpg
1008KB, 1800x2768px
>>51805355
>>
File: Worldscape03.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape03.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805372
>>
File: Worldscape04.jpg (980KB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape04.jpg
980KB, 1800x2768px
>>51805384
>>
>>51805103
Bow or two-handed melee. Other styles are undersupported and will never be fixed because anything Paizo gives them will always take up feats just catching up to these two, so they're always behind them in investment and progression towards doing cool things with them.
>>
File: Worldscape05.jpg (959KB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape05.jpg
959KB, 1800x2768px
>>51805401
>>
File: Worldscape06.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape06.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805430
>>
>>51804895
Yeah, normally you'd find this stuff on the PFSRD like >>51805060 suggests but right now the PFSRD is a mess because they're migrating content. You can use the Archive of Nethys in a pinch, though: http://archivesofnethys.com/MagicWeapons.aspx?Category=MeleeWeaponQuality

>>51805103
I see people trying to make intimidation-based build work pretty often. Also, people can try to play dedicated support with healing and/or buffs, but my experience is that it's best not to overspecialize on that kind of thing.
>>
File: Worldscape07.jpg (2MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape07.jpg
2MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805450
>>
Is Unchained Rogue||Arcanist a viable choice?
>>
File: Worldscape08.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape08.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805472
>>
File: 1479973223454.jpg (18KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
1479973223454.jpg
18KB, 270x320px
What's the difference between multiclassing and gestalt?
Are there other creation systems?
>>
File: Worldscape09.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape09.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805492
>>
>>51805511
Multiclassing is taking levels in different classes serially, while gestalting is doing so in parallel.
>>
File: Worldscape10.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape10.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805516
>>
File: Worldscape11.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape11.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805535
Nexfags now know the truth.
Nex is kill.
>>
>>51805478
It's a half-decent excuse to take that one baffling Arcanist archetype that gives them a magic sword to supposedly go into melee with.
>>
Ok everyone, I compiled some statistics on the Wrath of the Raunchy characters. Let's talk about them.

For races we don't really have any surprises there. Humans are the most common followed by aasimar. The rest is a smattering of 1s. Humans are almost always the most common race, but aasimar fit the campaign.

Next for sexes. Female is more common than male by a pretty wide margin, not exactly hard to guess with a 'lewd' game.

Now for classes. Vigilante is the most common, but almost all of them are exposed. Paladin is not unexpected. I am surprised how many wizards and bards there are. Warlords are the most common initiator. Then we trail off into a ton of one offs.

For alignment I am surprised that Neutral Good is the overwhelming dominant alignment. Out of the entire list there are only two evil characters, both lawful.

So what do you all think?

>Names:
Mercedes Drovenge
Valki Ommarra
Tianetria Summerglade
Francisca Zilant
Rath Khulainn
Wisteria
Lisa Sterling
Soralis Lyso
Charlotte Renard
Haraa Windspire
Lorelei Aldenwood
Jin Imoji
Fei Xiahou
Zefira al-Eahira
Lucius Maeca Lebeda "Irina"
Artemy Neizvestny Medvyed
Aaliya Al-Amin
Kline
Mimi(Mirinri) Pittich
Brihzwald (Buford)
Seth, Scion of Thassilon, Faithful of Lissala
Arme
Caitlin
Solomon Kreet III

>Race:
Human - 11
Aasimar - 4
Houri - 1
Suli - 1
Ghoran - 1
Half-elf - 1
Strix - 1
Catfolk - 1
Gnome - 1
Ratfolk - 1

>Sex:
Female - 15
Male - 9

>Class:
Vigilante - 6
Wizard - 4
Paladin - 4
Warlord - 4
Bard - 4
Fighter - 3
Bloodrager - 2
Incanter - 1
Medic - 1
Avowed - 1
Kineticist - 1
Stalker - 1
Monk - 1
Pactmaker - 1
Runeseer - 1
Magus - 1
Inquisitor - 1
Eliciter - 1
Psion - 1
Warder - 1
Ranger - 1
Rogue - 1
Oracle - 1
Soulknife - 1
Alchemist - 1
Harbinger - 1
Gunslinger - 1
Brawler - 1

>Alignment:
Neutral Good - 11
Lawful Good - 4
True Neutral - 4
Chaotic Good - 3
Lawful Neutral - 2
Lawful Evil - 2
Chaotic Neutral - 1
>>
File: Worldscape12.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape12.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805559
>>
>>51805511
Multiclassing means you've just taken levels in different classes as you go. You started as a 1st-level Fighter, and then when you hit 2nd-level you took a level in Cleric. Gestalt means you're taking levels in two different classes AT THE SAME TIME. So at 1st level, you'd be both a 1st level Fighter and a 1st level Cleric. You have all the class features of both, all the class skills and proficiencies, and you take the best of each class' saves, BAB, HD, and skill ranks. When you level up, you'd become both a level 2 Fighter AND a level 2 Cleric. Gestalt characters are obviously going to be stronger the normal multiclass characters, but they'll also be much more flexible in what kind of things they can do. Because of this, gestalt character creation rules are sometimes used for games that have fewer players than is recommended, like trying to play through one of Paizo's APs with only two players.
>>
>>51805573
I'm honestly surprised at how many people saw "Wrath of the Righteous, lewd version" and thought "IMMA MAKE AN ASMODEUS GUY".

Like, there weren't actually that many, but when you're going down the list and suddenly
>Antipaladin
It's pretty jarring. Also, horrendously stupid considering that smite good is going to be utterly useless in a campaign about fighting demons.
>>
File: Worldscape13.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape13.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805584
>>
File: Worldscape14.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape14.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805612
>>
>>51805603
>It's pretty jarring. Also, horrendously stupid considering that smite good is going to be utterly useless in a campaign about fighting demons.
DM has allowed swapping out Smite Good for Smite Chaos on my Tyrant Antipaladin.
>>
>>51805603
Insinuator Anti-paladins actually fit the WotR pretty darn well.
>>
>>51805528
So a 5th level fighter/cleric gestalt would get channel energy 3d6, +3 Bab, +4 fort, +4 ref, +4 will, inspire courage +1, and loremaster 1/day?
>>
>>51805635
What's the wizard dude from? Or is he Worldscape exclusive?
>>
>>51805573
Also I only included characters with non-blank character sheet or some info.
>>
>>51805573
>LE and CN in WotR

Now there's something that sure as hell won't work.
>>
>>51805639
So you say.
Let me guess, you're just applying in the hopes that you can shank Arueshalae as soon as another PC starts showing interest in her.
>>
File: Worldscape15.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape15.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805635
>>
>>51805644
No. BAB would be +5 from the fighter half, saves would be +4/+1/+4 because neither fighter nor cleric gets a good reflex save, and neither fighter nor cleric gets inspire courage or lore master, although you would have fighter bonus feats and armor training as well as weapon training. Unless by "fighter" you mean bard.
>>
>>51805528
>>51805594
Okay, thanks.
Are there other character building styles, or is my memory playing on me?
>>
File: Worldscape16.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape16.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805675
>>51805646
Kulanth Gath is the arch-nemesis of Red Sonja.
Back in the Marvel Comics era he could perfectly stand against big guns like Thor when he traveled in time to the modern era from the Hyborian age.
>>
>>51805644
>>51805683
>Fighter/cleric
Meant bard/cleric ugh I hate phoneposting
>>
>>51805686
Well, there's VMC, but that's basically just a way to spend your feats unless GM allows/requires you to take it for free.
>>
File: Worldscape17.jpg (2MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape17.jpg
2MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805696
>>
File: 1395454674417.jpg (155KB, 569x702px) Image search: [Google]
1395454674417.jpg
155KB, 569x702px
>>51805511
Multiclassing is putting down what you're doing and studying something else, e.g., "I got shiny divine grace from paladin, so now I'm going to focus on mystical matters and take more oracle levels, instead of developing my paladinity further."
Gestalt is the completely insane option where the DM goes "Awright, this is going to be tougher, so the party doesn't have to choose between paladinity and oracleness, you just get the best of either whenever it comes up."

From what I've seen, Class1/class2 is used around here for multiclassing, Class1||class2 for gestalt.
>>
File: Worldscape18.jpg (2MB, 1800x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape18.jpg
2MB, 1800x1384px
>>51805725
>>
File: Worldscape19.jpg (955KB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape19.jpg
955KB, 1800x2768px
>>51805749
>>
File: Worldscape20.jpg (954KB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape20.jpg
954KB, 1800x2768px
>>51805773
>>
File: Worldscape21.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape21.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805800
>>
>>51805773
>Merisiel a whore
>News at 11
>>
File: Worldscape22.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape22.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805812
>>
>>51805573
I guess the new factor of Ultimate Intrigue might still be here, but I'm still surprised Vigilante is so popular.
>>
File: Worldscape23.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape23.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805822
Yeah, she is.
Considering that she is the reason why her party got stranded in Worldscape and also is eager to help the bad guys to get that black martian pussy back
>>51805843
>>
>>51805559
The words of some wizard from Earth are no confirmation.
I'm going to side with Geb on this one, and say Nex ain't dead until we see his cooling corpse in front of us.
>>
File: Worldscape24.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape24.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805865
>>
File: Worldscape25.jpg (2MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape25.jpg
2MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805887
>>
File: Worldscape26.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape26.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805910
>>
>>51805661
LE works fine.

CN needs to go and stay go, though.
>>
File: Worldscape27.jpg (1MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape27.jpg
1MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805925
>>
File: Worldscape28.jpg (2MB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Worldscape28.jpg
2MB, 1800x2768px
>>51805949
That's all folks!
>>
>>51804549
It looks like the question is not one of spells slots.

It's one of 'you need a high enough caster level to cast that spell'

You can't cast a fireball at CL1 for instance, because there's a minimum level it needs to be at. So negative levels CAN prevent you from casting the higher level spells, even though you don't lose the slots.
>>
File: 1483615030859.jpg (170KB, 736x956px) Image search: [Google]
1483615030859.jpg
170KB, 736x956px
>>51804422
Honestly?
Guide Ranger, you lose the animal companion and the favored enemy to gain a challenge-esc ability.
You buff ally's Perception and Stealth when in your favored terrain, so you can lead your hobbiton party away from the Nazgul.
>>
>>51805041
Only because CMDs get higher as levels go up, which is the same for everything. Grapple is still probably one of the best ones, if not *the* best because of how powerful it can be if done right.
>>
>>51805977

Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>51805866
Nex is death.
Kulan is mentioning the siege on Absalom in which Adoren was involved. If someone could kill the archmage that was the Last Azlanti.
>>
>>51805993
>grapple
>powerful

It's a single target crowd-control that won't stop the enemy from full-attacking you.
>>
File: Bored.png (1MB, 1359x763px) Image search: [Google]
Bored.png
1MB, 1359x763px
>>51803433
>TFW no game
At this point I'd be willing to play a /pfg/ meme game
>>
File: 1485833825723.jpg (318KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485833825723.jpg
318KB, 800x600px
>>51806039
>Computer dead, so no vidja
>Two PF games available, but missing half of the party because they're busy
>tfw have a big goal to reach for maximum over fun in both
Just let me play, fuck
>>
>>51806031
Except wasn't the disappearance of Nex into his Tower due to his retreat during the Gebbite bombing on Quantium, which occurred after the Nexian Siege of Absolam?
Plus, if Nex were dead, wouldn't have Geb either passed on, or converted to a different kind of Undead? Because he specifically rose as a ghost due to his obsession and paranoia over the idea that he didn't know if Nex was alive or not.
>>
>>51806034
Yes, and?
>>
>watch a dungeon session I passed up on
>party has lunch and tea with the quest giver
>After party parts with questgiver and then opens a note that was given to them, it reveals the tea had parasites that will do extremely horrible things in two hours to them
>time skip to quest end
>confront questgiver over it
>he reveals there were actually none of those parasites and his hands were tied because those were orders from his(increasingly falling) higher ups

How would any of you handle this?
>>
>>51806039
>tfw only one game, but it's a "lewd" game and I had to put it in some qt elf lady's bum cause I am the only male PC.
>>
>>51806092
That's pretty much the OPPOSITE of powerful.
>>
>>51806034
I mean, it stops a Two-handed fighter from full attacking you. If you have Snapping Turtle Clutch, you can grapple them if they miss you, pinning them on their turn, and they can't full attack while pinned. So you can certainly stop full attacks relatively quickly. That doesn't make it particularly powerful, since it can pretty easily be completely shut down at around mid level.
>>
>>51805910
>>51805925
>>51805949

>Whole list of weird proficiencies
>Hunter's Animal Focus instead of Favored Enemy
>Ability to gain companions as good as Druid and gather multiple, if only weaker
>Wis to AC instead of armor with additional Dodge to replace Spells
>Climb Speed
>Momentary boost to speed and AC instead of Quarry
>That insane capstone

So...what sayeth thee /pfg/? How good is this?
>>
>>51805573

Are we down to only 3 Brevic nobles, now?

We nearly had enough to make a whole meme party.

What happened to mudwrestling-chan?
>>
>>51806094
I'm unsure why it was done? My character usually doesn't drink anything not being given by a trusted source.
>>
>>51805661
>>51805929
I doubt he'll get in and he's a boring character anyways, but the CN actually looks really undisruptive. Helps that he's one of the vigilantes.

I think CN gets an unfair reputation because shitters like to use it to pretend evil, but really it's just the default alignment of warrior dudes, tricksters and the eccentric wizards that /tg/ loves.
>>
>>51806039

You should apply to Taldor Ascendant, they're in desperate need of quality apps!
>>
>>51805464
We once had a pacifistic Evangelist Cleric who was so specialized in Healing/Buffs that the only way to even hope to challenge the party was to take the cleric out of the fights, which was hard as fuck because of his massive saves, or just have him sent off on missions for his church that his character took very seriously and attack the party while he wasn't present.

He had literally no way to attack, but was a gigantic ass wall with inspire courage and good social skills.
>>
>>51806098

>That spoiler

Why did you stick it in the cute Elf lady's bum? Doesn't she have more suitable places to jam it in?
>>
>>51805573

It's the final week before the GREAT NARROWING and phase 2 of applications.

We should scour these profiles and make recommendations on how to improve them mechanically/backstorywise.

I know I've already gone and given suggestions to a few folks. But since this game seems to have a bunch of quality applicants, it doesn't hurt to have more brains thinking.
>>
>>51806039
I mean, there are games on roll20. I can't speak to their quality, and I'm sure many of them don't allow all the 3pp we've got flying around here. I'm sure at least a few of them are good.
>>
>>51806190
I think we'll see a lot more Taldor Ascendant next week, most people're still probably figuring out how to build a level 8 Gestalt. The character creation thread's got a lot of posters who haven't made their apps yet.
>>
>>51805925
>climb speed isn't even ALL DAY
FFS Paizo, a climb speed isn't even remotely overpowered.
>>
>>51806211
It seems she only suffers Elven suitors in her... Front entrance. Servant races must use the rear.
>>
>>51806217
I'm really shocked at the quality of the WotR applications. I guess the bad ones are already filtered out by that list but any random sample of them is probably way better than Taldor Ascendent's which looks like a straight game.
>>
>>51806243
What kinda punk-ass jungle lord forgets how to climb after a minute and a half?
>>
>>51806250

Such is the fate of being the only male PC in an ERP campaign, I suppose. I've had the same happen to a few characters who had the only Y chromosome in the group - I mean, less on the anal and more on the "you're going to fuck me and you're going to like it."
>>
>>51806143
Better than the other one from the comics, but not by much. It doesn't seem to leave in features that rely on shit it removed, but I'd have to actually sit down and look at the ranger in-depth and I don't give a shit about the ranger
>>
>>51806079
What if the guy who got into the Tower was actually Adoren posing as Nex after killing him?
>>
>>51806143
>Kulanth
Kinda shit, but not terribly so, since Animal Focus does help a little.
So far, I'd say slightly weaker than the vanilla ranger, if only because you've lost your main damage output, still around a low T4 though.

>>51806243
Yeah, that is retarded.
>>
>>51806217
>>51806266
I appreciate the quality of the applications, gives me hope.
>>
>>51806190
Link? I'm not seeing it anywhere
>>51806143
It looks fun
>>
>>51806162
Well, as the story went, the questgiver was forced to say that under orders from an increasingly unhinged superior, so he claims

On the other hand, you were right, everyone was calling bullshit on the GM since it was unnecessarily evil and irrational. There's no point in threatening adventurers that you havent paid when you can just find other adventurers and claiming that what they drank had something in them, whether or not is true or not, is a dick move in general. If true, its a massive violation of hospitality and trust, and if not, you basically made less allies
>>
>>51806279
Eh, it's not all that bad. Being the center of attention for once is nice. Truth be told though, I'd honestly rather be in a normal game instead.
>>
>>51806143
Everything it tries to do, Hunter does better.
Everything it takes away makes it objectively worse than Ranger.
Why would you ever want to give up your spells for just a piddly AC bonus.

All in all, it's...okay. It's mediocre. It's not as bad as CRB-only Rogue or Monk.
>>
>>51806111
As opposed to
>knock an enemy prone
>mildly inconvenience an enemy without massive feat investment
>disarm an enemy (sometimes)
>destroy loot

Besides, depending on the build you can pin in one round.
>>
>>51806279
....That's actually hot, if honestly creepy for me
>>
>>51806392
>Destroy loot

I mean, unrelated to the topic at hand, but you know you CAN fix Destroyed items, right?
>>
Which kind is the best crowssbow?
>>
>>51806392
Prone is pretty good if you're in melee with someone. -4 to attacks, -4 to AC, triggers an AoO if the enemy tries to stand up.
>>
>>51806425
Yeah, but it's kind of a pain. You either need a high CL wand or caster just to cast Make Whole or you lose the magical enchantments of loot.
>>
>>51806437
Unless you have a way to be able to reload heavy or bigger crossbows as a free action, you are basically stuck with the light crossbow

Even that requires Rapid Reload to begin with
>>
>>51806143
>Whole list of weird proficiencies
Mostly a downgrade from normal proficiency. It has the Whip I guess, but that's not great for a Ranger anyway.

>Hunter's Animal Focus instead of Favored Enemy
Animal Focus is sort of a sidegrade to Favored Enemies, since it's limited use, but if the player knows what sort of enemies the campaign will include, Favored Enemy is much better

>Ability to gain companions as good as Druid and gather multiple, if only weaker
Needs Boon Companion for full animal companion progression before level 12, and by then animal companions are pretty much obsolete anyway. Having multiple weaker animal companions is always useless. They'll just get slaughtered.

>Wis to AC instead of armor with additional Dodge to replace Spells
Armor >>>>> Wis to AC, even considering the dodge bonus, with the added fuck you of taking away spells, the only thing keeping the ranger out of tier 5 in the first place.

>Climb Speed
Limited in uses/day, but otherwise not terrible. I wouldn't trade a favored terrain for it though.

>Momentary boost to speed and AC instead of Quarry
Meh, it comes online a bit late to be useful

>That insane capstone
Not actually that good considering how useless animal companions are at very high levels, and capstones in general are irrelevant to how good an archetype is, since no one ever reaches level 20 anyway.

Pretty much what >>51806384 says. There is no reason to ever play this archetype over the Hunter or the Ranger.
>>
>>51806470
Nah bro!

Greater Make Whole (Which is a 4th level spell) only needs to match the CL, not double it.
>>
>>51806437
Minotaur Double.
>>
>>51806494
That's still an 8th level caster at least, or higher level wand. The math on the cost works out to be about the same, it just means it has a higher ceiling.
>>
>>51806417

It wasn't those *exact* words, it was more like, she encouraged me to go with her into a copse of trees nearby Oleg's Trading Post and, when we got off our horses, started getting all seductive while saying she wants - no, *needs* someone to, and I quote, "fuck her brains out."

The girl was a lovely bastard princess from Brevoy that's never seen real combat, and you know how the first encounter tends to go.
>>
>>51805573
There are 24 applicants here. We have just enough to form 4 different teams.

Who wants to form teams? Should I? Teams and team names are in order.
>>
>>51806286
>Aroden becomes a God: 1 AR
>Nexian siege on Absolam: 166 AR
>Nex vanishes during the Gebbite bombing on Quantium: 576 AR
>Geb attempts to kill himself since his husbando is missin, but fails super hard at it and becomes a spoopy ghost: 632 AR

If Aroden was pretending to be Nex for over 400 years, why didn't he just go ahead and merc Geb's ass in the meantime like he later did to Tar Baphon in 896 AR? Also, how the hell would he be able to run both Absolam/Taldor and Nex without anyone catching on, and if he was Aroden, why did he have to contract Ghorza to make the super-veggies (which then went defective and became people), instead of fixing the land himself?

>inb4 citation needed
ISWG, start on page 36, then go to the respective pages on Absolam and Nex

That's retarded. You're retarded. Stop being retarded.

Further, considering the time tables, we can also assume Kulanth is also ignorant and an idiot about this situation as well
>>
>make a bard and optimize my inspire courage
>first encounter with enemies, all the archers target me and so my bard is forced to hide behind everyone else and lay prone in terror

Is this Bard life in general? Mind, my bard is no slouch in melee but the risk of losing buffs outweighed the possible gain from my bard joining the fray
>>
>>51806522
Unless you've got a buddy who can do it.

I mean yeah, needing a caster sucks, but it IS a magic item.
>>
>>51806545
>Who wants to form teams? Should I? Teams and team names are in order.

>One Team
>3 men, 1 woman

>One team
>3 women, 1 man
>>
>>51805573
>>51806545
So every team has, on average, four women and two men. Of the men two are traps.

It is entirely possible each team will only have one actual manly man.
>>
>>51806553

Bards are known for two things.

Being rambunctious little rascals, and dying.
>>
>>51806545

All the college educated folks should be on a team.

All the Brevics should be on a team.

Team Meme also needs to be nominated.

All the nongoods should probably be their own team, if possible.

We should also create "Team WIP"
>>
>>51806553

Considering your class is literally about making yourself the center of attention, you can expect some heat.
>>
>>51806620
>It is entirely possible each team will only have one actual manly man.

Why do people have so much trouble making manly men, anyway? Is there anyone that has a habit of making good quality manly men, and if so what are the qualities they use that make a man "manly?"
>>
>>51806566
Yeah I guess, but that's spending gold when you didn't really need to spend it. 500 gp/use adds up over time.
>>
>>51806627
Mind, my DM mainly found it hilarious that my bard is playing heroic and uplifting music which made everyone else monsters in combat while being anything but heroic and uplifting
>>
>>51806620

>Due to random chance, all of the manly men end up on one team with one girl
>>
>>51806653
I'd say that being "manly" is something that has to come across through actual RP. Most of the guys who are trying to be big manly men come off as kind of bland, to me--like they're trying to be the perfect husband material, but are probably just expecting everybody to jump on their dick.

Granted, that might be more attractive than "My parents are dead" or "I was a slave" or whatever, but I'd actually take some moderate edge over generic-manly; at least there you've got some room to grow out of it.
>>
>>51806530
Did you end up sticking it in any of the other party members?

Also, did that get her preggers?
>>
>>51806674
>team vault 68
>>
>>51806545
>>51805573
>>51806628
>We get 4 teams
>They all actually have wildly different adventures, with 3 of them breaking completely off from the main story into different adventures
>At the end, all 4 parties join up together for the final push into the Worldwound to defeat the demons once and for all.
Why can't we have this?
>>
>>51806653
>Why do people have so much trouble making manly men, anyway? Is there anyone that has a habit of making good quality manly men, and if so what are the qualities they use that make a man "manly?"
DHB has a pretty good record of it. From his record. All of his characters are handsome scoundrels, spies, big armored guys, fist fighters, tacticians, etc.
>>
>>51806692
In general I do not mind people trying to act as a big manly man, but I do prefer if they actually have a reason and backstory on why they act that way

Otherwise, it is as you said, they become bland and uninteresting. It's more interesting if they act that way maybe because as a way to compensate for something, or maybe because their dad specifically raised them to be that way, stuff like that

>>51806699
I forgot how did that one ended in Fallout
>>
>>51806744
It's only mentioned in the Vault Bible. No Fallout game features Vault 68.
>>
>>51806698

No, although he rough-fucked a fat-assed Amazonian girl he beat in single-combat which, in her own words, made him her "property."

And nah, one of the big turn-offs that player had was pregnancy.
>>
>>51806549
I ignored the time gape between the siege of Absalom and the Plague of Geb.
Still I doubt the answer to the question if Nex is dead or trapped in another demiplane will be ever answered since an AP dedicated to Nex seems far from be published soon.
>>
>>51806392
Pin in one round? I've yet to see this, actually. Are you perhaps talking about Bushwhack?
>>
>>51806716
>4 different parties running
>4 different schedules to manage
Anon that's how you make DMs pull a Fluffy Tails 2/Molthune Knights/Sky Pirates
>>
>>51806699
>>51806744
Vault 68 is one of the "unknowns" other than the idea behind it.

I think the most likely result of a one woman-five guys game hosted by /pfg/ is that it'd become an otome game where all of them are nice to her and she has her free pickings.
>>
>>51806653
>Is there anyone that has a habit of making good quality manly men

DHB and Captain Slow seem to have a good habit at making manly men, though Captain's a huge procrastinator and half of the concepts he's posted were only seen in the threads.
>>
>>51806778

KEK did all those games already collapse?

TWO collapsed fluffy tales?
>>
>>51806445
Prone is especially good with Greater Trip and Vicious Stomp. If using Spheres of Might, there's an additional Talent in Open Hand Sphere that lets you trip as a free action on an attack, and another Talent that lets you AoO when somebody falls prone near you, so you're getting 3 additional attacks. Not awful.
>>
>>51806653
I mean, that depends on how you define "manly men". If you mean "bearded lumberjack with 20 Str" or something of that sort, well yea it's hard to find. If you just mean "is obviously a dude who does dude things and didn't dump Str", then it's much easier to get.
>>
>>51806796
Fluffy Tails 2 DM announced they couldn't go through with it, Molthune and Sky Pirates' DMs were no shows.
>>
>>51806769
Hmmm. I wonder if I should put that in my Faves list...
Well, good luck finding a normal game you like, anon.
>>
>>51806796

Everyone knew Sky Pirates was destined to fail.

Molthune Knight DM disappeared after one session.
>>
>>51806779

>otome game

>guys that are nice

Virtually every otome game is about a girl having to choose which abusive shitter she stockholms for, though.

Hell, that's how I got so much ERP play back in the day. Bland character+abusive tendencies equals swimming in ERP pussy.
>>
>>51806692
The real tragedy is that perfect husbando material is probably closer to Vampire Knight than Berserk.
>>
>>51806809

What's wrong with bearded lumberjacks with 20 STR?
>>
>>51803433
My favorite wizard was a time-stranded secret agent who's "spells" where just chemistry and bits of technology he managed to cobble together.
>>
>>51805573
>None of the characters I was rooting for are in the race anymore
RIP Leila and Amadeus, for whom I hoped from many story times.
>>
File: Mabi Tracy.png (121KB, 367x457px) Image search: [Google]
Mabi Tracy.png
121KB, 367x457px
>>51806840
Not everyone wants to be a canadian stereotype, Tracy.
>>
>>51806793
DHB makes as many dashing rogues as manly men.

Ricktor Watt, Akorian, and Operative Monday are dashing rogue types.

Solomon Kreet, Mordoth Tath, Krugen are more manly men.

Kurat Marr is kind of halfway between.

Bubbles is more of his strictly joke character.
>>
>>51806860
>Mabinogi

Damn if that ain't some flashbacks.
>>
>>51806653
For me, I don't generally intentionally make somebody 'manly' as a character because it feels making that as the point of your character can start to make you look(and maybe feel) like an insecure fuck in general.

As for what constitutes manly for me when I do make one, I tend to see that its more related to attitude and their actions rather than their combat role. Like, for all I know you can be a scrawny wizard who does extremely ballsy bullshit with their magic and I'd consider that manly. Likewise, you can be an Str 20 beefcake fighter who angsts far too much than warranted and that'd really not be manly

>>51806826
>Berserk

That's what happens when quite some of the cast are inherently broken people
>>
>>51806775
Bushwhack is one option. There's also Snapping Turtle Clutch which can convert an immediate action to a grapple, or a move+swift if you trigger it on an AoO. Similarly, the higher-level Panther Style feats and Hamatula Strike to grapple off an AoO against you during a move action. Then you spend your normal standard to pin.
>>
How would you theme an Adjuration caster as a main antagonist?
>>
>>51806840
I actually very recently played a 26 str Half-Giant with a massive axe using the combo of shit posted earlier to get Colossal weapon damage. I wanted to play him strong and silent, but after some folks left, and new folks joined, EVERYBODY was playing a quiet character, either because they didn't know the setting well enough to speak confidently or because that's just the kind of character they wanted. I tabled him for a more talkative character.
>>
File: KulanGathM&M.jpg (147KB, 584x463px) Image search: [Google]
KulanGathM&M.jpg
147KB, 584x463px
>>51805866
>Some wizard from Earth.
>>
>>51806913
Are you allowed to maintain a grapple on the turn you initiate it? If you can, I'm unsure why you can't Standard grapple, then Move action pin in one turn after you get Greater.
>>
>>51806965
I'm actually not 100% sure now that you mention it.
>>
>>51806936
Funny story, I generally ended up failing when it comes to playing quiet characters in general in spite of being an introvert IRL because part of me who wants to be in the limelight wants to get in on the action. Eventually I just stopped trying to make a character who is supposed to be quiet because that never worked for me
>>
File: MabChivalryIntensifies.png (103KB, 321x203px) Image search: [Google]
MabChivalryIntensifies.png
103KB, 321x203px
>>51806899
I loved that shit, and still feel sad to this day that it will never get an engine, graphics, and combat system overhaul. The original combat was so fucking cool.
>>
>>51806936
I run into that issue a lot where everyone on my table is playing a reactive character so I have to retheme my character as more sociable and active.
>>
File: xmen191.jpg (1017KB, 688x1074px) Image search: [Google]
xmen191.jpg
1017KB, 688x1074px
>>51806961
If Kulan had to be stated in Pathfinder it should be done with mythic rules or at least be over level 18.
>>
>>51806989
Yeah. Even if it broke down entirely when one side outnumbered the other.
>>
File: 6203114427_e7b61a0da0_b.jpg (397KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6203114427_e7b61a0da0_b.jpg
397KB, 819x1024px
>>51806936
>>51806993

That does make sense. My last group tended to be pretty sociable with their characters, so I had opportunity to play quieter types when the mood struck me.

Of course, that can get old sometimes.
>>
>>51807074
I tend to change things for the sake of the group. When I can get away with it, I make guilty pleasure concepts, but otherwise, the group comes before my lust for grappling or maxing diplomacy as hard as possible, or playing a functioning sociopath.
>>
>>51806566
Why spend money to get the loot you're deserved when you could just... you know, get the loot AND keep the money?
>>
>>51806796
>>51806778
It's honestly pretty crazy to think about how the original Memegames (Downtime God's Gestalt Godlings and Rise of the Jade Regent) are the only ones that have actually so far proven to be consistent and truthful.
>>
>>51807255
Hell's Vengeance is going pretty good!
I got into my first fight!
>>
>>51805573
>Team DEUS VULT:
Mercedes Drovenge
Haraa Windspire
Artemy Neizvestny Medvyed
Mimi(Mirinri) Pittich
Caitlin
Solomon Kreet III

>Team FETISH:
Valki Ommarra
Soralis Lyso
Fei Xiahou
Zefira al-Eahira
Lucius Maeca Lebeda "Irina"
Aaliya Al-Amin

>Team ANIME:
Tianetria Summerglade
Francisca Zilant
Rath Khulainn
Lisa Sterling
Jin Imoji
Arme

>Team WEIRD:
Wisteria
Charlotte Renard
Kline
Lorelei Aldenwood
Brihzwald (Buford)
Seth, Scion of Thassilon, Faithful of Lissala
>>
>>51803878
He looks good in a skirt.
>>
>>51807074

My group is normally pretty sociable, but for some reason this currently campaign, everyone decided to play quiet characters.

>Monk with Vow of Silence
>Oracle with Deaf Curse
>Ninja who never fucking talks

Then there's the Brawler/Barbarian who has no points in Diplomacy, Intimidate, Bluff, Sense Motive or any other social skills and spends all his time drunk. But, hey, at least he fucking talks, so he's kind of ended up as the party Face by default.
>>
>>51806983
I did some digging, and it seems to be a point of contention. Some say you can only maintain on subsequent rounds, which is what I was told when I first started playing. Others believe once you have Greater, you can use your Move action to maintain on the same turn. Folks say different devs have chimed in with opposing opinions on the matter, and there's no FAQ because of course there isn't. If you can, I would say take Kraken Throttle because that turns this from one round pin to one round death through suffocation, unless your GM is smart and isn't allowing Kraken Throttle RAW. Either way, one round to completely incapable of attacking certainly makes grapple nice. It's not worth specializing, though. Unless you can be sure your GM isn't going to throw a fuckton of enemies that can shut you down at you.
>>
Are there any other fun types of combat systems any of you would suggest for martials?

At some point I realize that three out of four of my recent characters were initiators and that was starting to get stale for new character ideas I want to make
>>
>>51807345
>Team FETISH
Poor drow didn't know what hit him.

I feel like Team ANIME would probably have the most fun since they have a mismatched JRPG party together. Maybe trade one of the anime swordsmen out to pick up someone from FETISH or WEIRD for variety though.
>>
>>51807466
The average CHA mod of my party is -1, so although they talk often it's not usually very productive.
>>
File: 1456711435729.jpg (62KB, 736x715px) Image search: [Google]
1456711435729.jpg
62KB, 736x715px
>Wrath of the Raunchy is ending soon and the memery has already blossomed
>Taldor Ascendant is, well, not really ascending at all
>Nothing on the horizon

I just want to get memed, lads.
>>
>>51807345
>Mimi(Mirinri) Pittich
>Solomon Kreet III
>tiny gnome girl with giant charming warrior human
>tfw she's gonna get BRED FOR WAR
>tfw they BOTH have charming
>>
>>51807255
There was also another spontaneous Pathfinder game with collaborative worldbuilding here around Septermber/October. It is still alive, though two players left and we changed system to Strike!.
>>
>>51807471
What are you trying to make? The vanilla combat system isn't fantastic, but pushing it to its limit can be kinda fun. Psionics can do some fun stuff. Aegis has some versatility, and actually makes a pretty decent grappler with 4 tentacles giving +10 to your grapple CMB. If you want something different, you could try SoM. The preview is at the top. Other than that, a completely different system might be a nice change of pace. Song of Swords is supposed to be good. Not DnD combat, more high lethality. Legend of the 5 Rings is supposed to be fun and wuxia.
>>
>>51807345
>>51805573
How do you determine dick size using Pathfinder Vices?
>>
So how do SoP casters work with multiclassing? I'm guessing you don't get the extra magic talents twice, but do you get two spell pools? Is your caster level the sum of the two?
>>
>>51807484
My talkative character actually has -2 cha mod, and the bard is quiet because he is too careful with his words. Sometimes, the mouthy potato is what's needed to push the plot. Ask questions. Make decisions. The cha folks can roll their diplo when it's needed, if your GM is nice.
>>
>>51807546
I am mainly looking for new kinds of class with different kinds of perks to play and tinker with for DnD, something akin to what ToB/PoW is to normal DnD/PF

I did think that ToB and PoW was fun but right now theres only so many initiator class you can be before you start getting the feeling that it feels the same in practice, you pick a maneuver as according to what you want to do, fire, repeat.

I'll go look at this SoM meanwhile
>>
>>51807554
If we go by something similar to beast size then use the same bonuses from that to add to dick size. 1 cup = 1 inch probably?
>>
What do you need to make two-weapon fighting worth the investment with a rogue?
>>
Rules question, because my reading comprehension is potato

>The measure of how much effort it takes to use a weapon (whether the weapon is designated as a light, one-handed, or two-handed weapon for a particular wielder) is altered by one step for each size category of difference between the wielder's size and the size of the creature for which the weapon was designed. For example, a Small creature would wield a Medium one-handed weapon as a two-handed weapon. If a weapon's designation would be changed to something other than light, one-handed, or two-handed by this alteration, the creature can't wield the weapon at all.
So, would the small creature have to use it as a two hand AND take the -2 or is it either/or? Like wielding a Medium one-hander as a one hander gives the -2, but wielding it as a two-hander negates that.
>>
>>51807619
Full BAB
>>
File: 1483344907432.png (90KB, 359x512px) Image search: [Google]
1483344907432.png
90KB, 359x512px
>>51803433
I'm sure there's loss on the picture somewhere.
>>
>>51807619
Full BAB or High Dex + Small sized (Goblin)
>>
>>51807471
>>51807598
Have you considered looking into the Vigilante? Even with just first-party material, their archetypes and Vigilante Talents actually suggest a variety of different combat styles, including making dirty tricks and other maneuvers worthwhile again.
>>
>>51807598
>>51807546
Actually, would you say this SoM system is pretty complete for a game and not obviously broken in some way?
>>
>>51807598
Try the Govi from psiaug occult playtest.
A martial, very complicated, and pretty different.
>>
>>51807658
I havent, maybe I should give it another look

>>51807684
I'll have to check if its okay with my GM, thanks
>>
File: file.png (139KB, 587x731px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
139KB, 587x731px
>>51807554
The question is, is the DM using default or alternate?
>>
File: 1478847540863.png (220KB, 414x356px) Image search: [Google]
1478847540863.png
220KB, 414x356px
>>51807538
Was that the game with 2hu?
How is 2hu still in the game?
>>
>>51807632
It's both.
>>
File: GG Ky Explain.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GG Ky Explain.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
How do I sell a GM who runs mostly just 1pp-only games on Avowed. I like the idea of playing one, of almost any of the pacts, but have no idea how to sell it to my GM considering how it features a big thing that paizo hates: "ALL DAY".

That and Aether Channel since "full BaB and then adding Aether dice to weapon"
>>
>>51807560
Okay, so you have your Caster Level, which functions similiarly to BAB when it comes to multiclassing.
You get magic talents based upon which classes you take and advance. You do not get the bonus two talents, since you only get those the first time you take a level in a spherecasting class.
For spell pools, you only get one pool, you only get one Casting Modifier to it, and otherwise you just add you levels together for the pool since they all give you a spell point per class level.

So an Armorist 2/Incanter 3 would have a Spell Pool of Casting Modifier + 5
>>
>>51807560
It all mashes together.

The bonus +2 talents is only gotten when you first get access to casting, but your SP pools and Caster Level all mash together.
>>
Fuck, finding a picture for a Cryptic that isn't just an image from Ultimate Psionics is a bitch.
>>
>>51807718
How are you still so assblasted?
>>
>>51807736
Tell him its like the 3.5e warlock, except with updated utility for Pathfinder
Please tell me he knows what a warlock is, and that he doesn't think their overpowered.

>>51807778
just look up picture of mages with tattoos
>>
>>51807736
The best way to sell any GM on anything is to run your own short game with the relevant content mandatory/heavily encouraged.

They have fun using it and it gives them real motivation to overcome the unfamiliarity barrier which is a huge factor in many cases
>>
>>51807718

Why does that little girl look so tired of someone's shit?
>>
>>51807659
Well, with Open Hand Sphere, you can get 3 AoO on a trip, and a free trip attempt on your first hit, so you could feasibly get a shitton of attacks. It's only one more attack than vanilla, though. Alternative Unarmed Training would let you stack str for Natural Attacks, so you could end up with something like 15 attacks all with 1.5 str mod. I don't think it does anything TOO extreme, but there are spots that pose balance issues. If you're playing with PoW, though, I think you'll find it doesn't shine as brightly. I wouldn't call it complete at all.
>>
>>51807821
That's a bit of a shame, but I'll take a look at it anyway and see what strikes me fancy

Theres somebody else who plays an SoP blaster and hes doing fine for himself
>>
What would be the best domains for a wizardy battlefield control Cleric?
>>
File: 1485875165196.jpg (44KB, 726x683px) Image search: [Google]
1485875165196.jpg
44KB, 726x683px
>>51807821
>Heavy Arms Training
>Critical Hammer
>Polearm Mastery

>3d6 19-20/x3 lucerne hammer with full threat reach
They went full retard on that one.
>>
>>51807875
they removed the 3x on that, and heavy arms training is kill
>>
>>51807875
Heavy Arms Training is getting the can, didn't you hear?

Also I think Critical Hammer was getting toned down.
>>
>>51807875
>>51807903
>>51807912
This is also something to keep in mind. A lot of this is tentative, and I think we'll see a lot of changes to it.

I didn't read all of it because I know I'm never going to play a game with any of it. I did find it funny how many of the things are houserules my current GM made up for our game ages ago. We've been climbing monsters to stab the shit out of them for a while now. He is going to add the rolling bit, so they can try to get us the fuck off of them.
>>
Tell me about all the bullshit or criticism you want to say about a party member, or maybe even the DM!
>>
Can you Warning Roar an attack targeted at you?
>>
>>51807705
Let's... Ummm... Check DHB's character using the alternate version.

>76 inches tall
5"
>18 str, 14 con, 16 cha
9"
>charming
1"

Well DHB build a character with a 15 inch dick.
>>
File: Uk'Regash.jpg (289KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Uk'Regash.jpg
289KB, 707x1000px
And done, hopefully in time.
>>
>>51808018
Yes.
>>
>>51808014
He doesn't pay attention. He's made a character who doesn't pay attention so he can not pay attention harder. Made worse because he then doesn't know what's going on and uses that as an excuse to not pay attention because it stresses him out. He'll forget names to places we've visited and people we've met. He refuses to keep notes. Worse still because there's a player WHO KEEPS NOTES, and he won't read them.

To be fair, this is only the negative. There are good things about him, these things just drive me up the fucking wall.
>>
>>51808021

Mine's packing a footlong!
>>
>>51808045
Baller.
>>
File: 1655412.png (281KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
1655412.png
281KB, 500x647px
>>51807778
I used this as one of the pieces of art for the Cryptic I played once.
>>
>>51808021

Who's got the most impressive rack? Or the best ass? Or the whole package?
>>
>>51807800
>>51807813
He likely knows what warlock is, I guess I just have to ask "hey, you know about warlock? did you like it? You wanna look at this not!warlock someone made?" and hope for the best.
>>
>>51807720
That fucking sucks.
>>
>>51808021
I didn't like the measurements that came out for my character
>>
>Use NPC sheets in D20PFSRD
>The website fucking broke on me, and I can't find my NPCs anywhere

Does anyone know if there is an archive or some shit where I can get my stuff back or am I just fucked?
>>
>>51808163

Explain.
>>
>>51808129
You can ease this with Effortless Lace on a light or one-handed slashing weapon. That'll get rid of the penalty, and if it's a light weapon, it allows finesse.
>>
>>51808179
the website is currently transitioning betweem providers. Try to research for it manually on the new site, you might be able to find it
>>
>>51808163
Too big? I doubt any of the men aren't packing a minimum 10'' under this formula.
>>
>>51808021
>Women take Height/12+Con
>DHB is too big to be a good lover
>>
>>51808259

The ideal size is 7 inches, it's possible to find women who enjoy the big ones but, unless they list that as a kink, they're probably going to consider 7 inches as optima bene.
>>
>>51808014
He's clumsy, forgetful, and unintentionally flaky at the best of times, and his efforts to show up do little to make up for being terrible at the game and at roleplaying.

I technically count as "a party member."
>>
>>51808292
7 inches is actually the ideal size in Pathfinder Vices based off the formula in >>51808259 assuming most people have 14 con.

Ring of Shrinking anyone?
>>
I am liking what I see with SoM, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to sell my table on it.

The only other person in the group who's looked at it immediately dismissed it as "too complicated".

The only thing is I can't really argue that there is a lot going on with the system, but...RGH.
>>
>>51808292
>Optima bene
>Not optima bone
>>
>>51808338

>Huge con Barbarian girls can only truly feel stuffed with 12+ dongs

Fact imitates fiction, I suppose.
>>
File: patrickbooplz-d822n20.jpg (19KB, 231x300px) Image search: [Google]
patrickbooplz-d822n20.jpg
19KB, 231x300px
>>51808552
>>
>>51808456
They don't have to learn it if they don't want to use it.
>>
>>51808561
Doing the calculations for the party, the one with the biggest hypothetical penis would be the fighter girl. Unless you count my retired Half-Giant. But he's a fucking half-giant, so what did anybody expect?
>>
>>51808597

What are Fighter girl's figures? Con and height?
>>
>>51807718
Yes, 2hu is in it. There was traction between them and the GM but it mostly smoothed out (I think) and everyone had fun during our first Strike! game. We don't know what happened to two other players. One just stopped responding without warning and the other seemed to have real life issues to deal with.
>>
>>51808597
Hypothetical penis is my new favorite term.
>>
>>51808675

Sounds like the name of a punk band.
>>
New thread

>>51808690
>>51808690
>>51808690
>>51808690
>>51808690
>>
>>51806936
>>51806993
I wound up doing this once. I made a grumpy, suicidal, vengeance fueled fighter who just wanted to die killing the object of his vengeance, and was intended to be a dickhead.
Unfortunately, the rest of the party wound up being antisocially alcoholic, antisocially jewish, antisocially violent, and antisocially unable to speak common. Thus the guy who wanted to kill himself wound up being the party face by virtue of being the only person who could actually hold a conversation with another being.
Having a face with 11 charisma was certainly interesting.
>>
>>51808209
>>51808235

No, my character was female. The Bust, Waist, and Hip measurements came out too small.

Magic Number: 20 + 1 = 21
Bust: 26G
Waist: 19
Hip: 24
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.