[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about your finest moment. Real stories too not bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0677.jpg (200KB, 736x1296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0677.jpg
200KB, 736x1296px
Tell me about your finest moment. Real stories too not bullshit "nat 20" miracles
>>
alright
>party is a war-blade, a sorcerer, a cleric, and a druid
>encounter a succubus
>sorcerer wants to make a deal with it
>cleric wants to smite it
>cleric attacks the succubus
>sorcerer stops him, and stuffs a bead from a necklace of fireballs in his mouth
>cleric explodes
>druid quite like the cleric and responds to this by attacking and wounding the sorcerer
>war-blade quite likes the sorcerer and starts fighting the druid as well
>this continues for a few rounds
>eventually the druid casts an AoE damage spell, killing the sorcerer and his own his own animal companion
>war-blade finishes off druid
>the only surviving party members are the war-blade and the sorcerer's owl familiar
>the succubus is laughing her ass off
and that's how an encounter caused a near party-wipe without the monster actually doing anything
>>
File: javelin-thrower_C.jpg (471KB, 980x945px) Image search: [Google]
javelin-thrower_C.jpg
471KB, 980x945px
Here's a story I'm pretty fond of

>Party is a swashbuckler, war mage and ranger
>Clearing out a stronghold filled with orcs for the local village
>Clear through a group of orcs and examining a locked door
>DM tells us to roll perception checks
>We fail
>A javelin is thrown at us and critically hits me
>Turns out that one of the orcs was only knocked unconscious and the DM was rolling fortitude saves to get it to wake up
>Another javelin gets thrown at me, hits me
>Command the group to specifically knock out that particular orc, no blades only blunt trauma
>Knock it out
>Clear out the dungeon, find some intrigue and explicitly told the DM that we take the unconscious orc with us
>Recruit the orc into the party
>Became our javelin throwing mascot who has saved our skins multiple times throughout the adventure
>>
>>51800776
In one of my brothers campaigns I was playing a Scion Wizard, my friend was playing a Half-Elf Bard, and a mutual friend was playing a Human Rogue. There were three other players, a Dwarf Paladin, a Dwarf Cleric, and a Dwarf Fighter, but they were in their own group because no one could find time to play together for at least a month. Our group of three only played once, but it was one hell of a session.
The three of us were traveling to a massive metropolis that was the capitol of the human empire. We had met on the road there and decided that it was safer together than not. There was one last town before the city and we would stay there before we made it to the city. On the way to this town, however, we were ambushed twice, first by goblins and second by murder bandit (cultists?). The goblins almost killed the rogue and the bard, and the bandits knocked me and the bard out before the rogue killed the last one. The town visit was uneventful for me and the bard, I just read tomes in my inn room until we could leave.
We left the following morning, and half-way to the city we were ambushed once more, this time by a dozen impoverished peasants who have lost their farms and their jobs. We had already learned that without a meat-shield at first level this many enemies will destroy us. So we opted instead to bluff and intimidate as if our lives depended on it (and it did). They wanted money, and we didn't want to pay them (I also had no money, I spent it all on character creation and my tavern fare). While I had no spells prepared for affecting the mind, I did have all of my wonderful fire-related spells, most notably burning hands and grease. Since me and the bard knew each other best, we immediately began our master plan, which consisted of him talking me and the rogue up as dangerous criminals and me attempting psychological warfare with the peasants.
Some world details first though, continued in the next post.
>>
>>51801220

He designed this world off of one that me and him had worked on previously. So he had me build both Gnomes and Scion for his 5e game. I turned in fairly weak races, but they were thematically perfect for what they were supposed to be. The Scion are a race of magical pigmen with heavy focus on castes, stoicism, and societal purpose, and as such they rarely leave their desert city without good purpose.
I had left on a diplomatic (intelligence gathering and magical item recovery) mission, and luckily for me the likelihood of these peasants knowing anything about Scion (let alone anything positive) was nearly zero. Allowing me to make up facts about our kind and back it up with the finer points of pyromancy. So, in complete deadpan I went on in detail about eating people and just how satisfying the burning of humanoids was. With the bard talking up the rogue primarily and me second (as back up), we had already had a few peasants run away. I chased off a little over half by casting grease over four peasants and telling them what would happen to them if threw my produce flame at them. The final straw was the rogue taking advantage of the confusion and breaking his complete silence by throwing two knives, killing a peasant and hitting their ringleader.
The only rolls during this encounter was the rogue throwing his knives, one which he hit with and the other was actually a very close failure, but my brother ruled that since their leader was not playing attention it still hit her. From what I was told of the second groups session, it was about the dwarven military fighting against encroaching goblinoids, and the three dwarves were the forward team. They went up against groups of almost double those that we faced and killed everything. None of them got below half health.
>>
>>51801086
That's your finest moment?
>>
>>51801262
in a weird way, it was the beginning of the war-blade's character arc in that campaign which turned into a very interesting story
>>
>>51800776
What's your finest moment?

Mine's a tie between saving my neighbor's life and being a surrogate mom for a weekend.

My neighbour had been trimming trees on his property and and the chainsaw he had been using slipped. It had run down his arm leaving a deep gash hitting the main blood vessel on the inside and just above the elbow down to about his wrist.

My neighbor's wife had knocked on my door asking if I could drive him to the hospital because she can't drive and she didn't want to leave her son. Oh, and there was a guy who had come over from Kajiji to buy a mirror. he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

She was freaking out so I took charge. My neighbour was lossing to much blood and was going to bleed out unless I did something. He was starting to black out from blood loss, so, I took away the rag he was using to hold the wound closed, used a stick and a cloth to turniqute the wound, put his head lower then the rest of the body, and then called the ambulance all while keeping frosty calm and Happy-happy-happy.

In the end, the ambulance came, his wife went with them, Kajiji guy went home shellshocked, and I took my neighbors kid for the afternoon until his grandparents could come pick him up.

The other moment was when I was a surrogate mom to a young transgirl whos mom wasn't talking to her. I was at a retreat and this poor girl was like, just hungry for any type of affection. I made sure to get her included and I just kept checking in with her. She spent a bunch of time crying on my shoulder. Its one of those moments where I look back on and im like, hell yeah, I put aside my own bullshit and helped someone by being there for them. There isnt much glory in being kind, but its worth it.
>>
>>51800776
>Playing black Cleric who got lost in the bad part of a town while other party members are doing other shit until we meet our client at night.
>Trying to get directions.
>Run into blonde hair, blue elf girl and ask her for directions.
>She wants me to pay her for directions.
>Decide not to.
>She walks away.
>Stop her.
>She is about to call cards.
>Nat 20 and convince her to help a brother out.
>She give directions free of charge.
>Shit happens.
>Her father runs the military academy and I meet him.
>The guy who wants to marry her who serves under her father is there.
>He sees me with her.
>City comes under attack before real discussion happens.
>Academy gets airbombed.
>Her father gets severely hurt.
>The guy who wants to marry her can't do nothing.
>Manage to save her father in front of her and the academy while the other party members destroy the remaining airships .
>The other guy's rage as elf becomes extremely thankful.
>Blacked.
>>
>>51801792
What does that have to do with tabletop I ask
>>
>>51802118
>"Real stories too"
>>
>>51802134
Obviously not what was meant
>>
>>51801937
No nat 20 stories faggot
>>
>>51801362
Tell us more
>>
>>51802556
there aren't any other individual moments which stand out as story-worthy but the overall progress was
>honorable, if egotistical warrior who wants to help his people
>goes adventuring, does a lot of good
>that succubus moment happens
>he's not as friendly with his new party
>more members of the new party die along the adventure
>he becomes more arrogant due to his repeated survival where his companions didn't and starts looking down on people weaker than himself
>after a while the succubus comes back, offers him a deal
>by this point he jumps at it
>'honorable combat' starts to phase out and begins using whatever works
>after that his goals became oriented around fighting and killing mostly just to prove that he could
and that's how the party war-blade fell to evil
>>
>>51801792
COOL BLOG POST! XD
>>
>>51802900
>>51802118
>>51802158
id'd the turbocunt misanthropes
thought /tg/ was too chill to actually have THAT guys in it
>>
>>51800776
>Playing 4e DnD for the first time (only played Storyteller system before)
>Campaign is set in Eberron, and the group has just fallen backwards in time
>Dragonmarked house captures our Warforged, decades before Warforged were created
>Terminator Theme.mp3
>Rest of party tracks down the Warforged, finds a secret lab underneath a lake
>Avenger is the spitting image of his grandfather, who was a researcher here
>A Plan Comes Together
>Bluff and sneak our way inside the facility, to find the Warforged inactive
>Warforged is absolutely surrounded by researchers, no way we can move him
>Avenger's disguise starts to crack under scrutiny, player spews spaghetti
>The Eladrin Warlord steps in, starts dropping pseudo-credible magi-babble
>Claims he's an oneiromantic expert, come to probe the Warforged's mind
>Good RP and solid Bluff checks do the trick
>Fast-talks the researchers into assisting with the ritual
>"Now, make a wide circle, link your hands, close your eyes, and chant with me."
>Party grabs the Warforged, gets halfway across the facility before anyone notices

And that's how we avoided some even-worse Terminator sequels.
>>
>>51801792
I am a little jealous anon, I have never saved anyone's life before.

I am going into antimicrobial research though, so someday I might save a lot of lives indirectly.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.