[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to gm a star wars game set during the Empire for my friends,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: edgeoftheempire.png (402KB, 1765x1000px) Image search: [Google]
edgeoftheempire.png
402KB, 1765x1000px
I want to gm a star wars game set during the Empire for my friends, but I have no idea what the premise of the campaign should be. Please give me some ideas guys.

Help me /tg/, you're my only hope.
>>
I've been wanting to run this too, but trying to find local players has felt like pulling teeth. Who the fuck do people build gaming groups after interstate moves?

As for this, man Edge works best I reckon when your players are dodging the Empire because they're running shit off the books, dodging the hutts because they're competition for running shit off the books, and trying not to be recruited by the rebellion because war is not good for making money.
>>
R2's pod got vaporized when fleeing, party is now one of the new last hope for the rebellion.
>>
Space Lupin the 3rd style heist
>>
Well it could be any variety of things. Here's a few;

You've been contracted to steal something from a wealthy x.

You discovered a secret of an admiral of the galactic empire, and they'll try to kill you unless you manage to kill them.

The rebel alliance need your help, the mission is dangerous one of espionage and action.

The galactic empire has launched an investigation into a potential rebel cell in the area, they've hired you on for help.

All of these seem fine to me depending on the party.
>>
File: 1481163680505.jpg (444KB, 791x952px) Image search: [Google]
1481163680505.jpg
444KB, 791x952px
>>51798263
I always wanted to do something with the leftovers of the Death Star. The canonical explanation for why there wasn't any Endor Holocaust was that when it exploded it essentially made a hyperspace jump to somewhere else in the Galaxy. That means there might be huge chunks of it floating in space, with thousands of people still alive on board and billions of credits in hardware waiting to be salvaged.
>>
>>51798500
Have the players make aspiring bounty hunters and other such scum for hire.

Then have an Inquisitor hire them to help them track down a Jedi.
>>
File: wallpaper-2774519.jpg (621KB, 1835x1373px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-2774519.jpg
621KB, 1835x1373px
>>51798500
Cont.

Found the actual quote from the wiki

>Much of the debris of the superweapon was sent through a hyperspace wormhole that briefly opened up when the Death Star's hyperdrive regulator was destroyed. This matter was scattered across the galaxy

Source is apparently "The Glove of Darth Vader", which is currently about as canon as any of the old EU (not very)
>>
>>51798514
Wasn't meant to be a reply, sorry
>>
A minor Moff has taken the party as high priority prisoners in order to regain prestige after a string of bad luck, but you managed to escape the ship you were being held on right under his nose.
He's just gotten word that Grand Moff Tarkin will be passing through his sector to "evaluate" the failing Moff.

Are you a bad enough scoundrel to escape from a desperate Moff using all the tools at his disposal to hunt you down?
>>
>>51798294
underrated post. Take Western, noir, and hesit films and make them star warsy and boom.
>>
>>51798263
Rebel transport crew makes a desperate random jump to escape an Imperial ambush. Ends up in an uncharted system that was a Sepratist base during the Clone Wars that went silent when the Empire rose. Droids fashioned themselves as deities to the primitive natives and now rule the planet. Your appearance threatens to disrupt their cozy gig of ruling unopposed as desenters believe the arrival of new "star gods" might spark a holy war.

Then the Empire catches up.
>>
>>51798263
You all owe a Hutt crime boss an assload of credits

they got dodge bounty hunters and imperials while trying to pay him back
>>
>>51798523
>Source is apparently "The Glove of Darth Vader", which is currently about as canon as any of the old EU (not very)
Speaking as someone who read the damned thing as a kid, ignore everything that stems from that horrible piece of crap. That little series and the Galaxy of Fear miniseries are terrible. The EU may all be noncanon now, but those things are doubleplusnoncannon.
They're still probably better than anything Chuck Wendig will ever write, though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.