[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Star Wars General- Lord and Saviour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 376
Thread images: 73

File: jesu kenobi.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jesu kenobi.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
Previous Thread >>>>51747600

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
So, if YVH droids were supposed to sound like Body Builder versions of Lando, while looking like the Terminator, and Carl Weathers is a Body Builder version of Billy Dee Williams and friends WITH the Terminator, does that mean he's the ideal voice for YVH droids?
>>
File: VKGjlzA.jpg (98KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VKGjlzA.jpg
98KB, 1080x1080px
Dem eyes /swg/. Dem eyes.
>>
File: 1487375489714.jpg (53KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1487375489714.jpg
53KB, 768x432px
The sad end of Jar-Jar, from Chuck Wendig’s new novel Aftermath: Empire’s End

>Since children started coming in by the shipload as refugees, the Gungan has served them, performing for the kids once or twice a day, He does tricks. He juggles. He falls over and shakes his head as his eyes roll around inside their fleshy stalks. He makes goofy sounds and does strange little dances. Sometimes it’s the same performance, repeated. Sometimes the Gungan does different things, things you’ve never seen, thing’s you’ll never see again. Just a few days ago, he splashed into the fountain’s center, ten pretended to have the streams shoot him way up in the air. He leapt straight up, then back down with a splash. And he leapt from compass point to compass point, back and forth, before finally conking his head on the edge and plopping down on his butt. Shaking his head. Tongue wagging. All the kids laughed. Then the Gungan laughed, too.

>The clown, they called him “Bring the clown. We want to see the clown. We like it how he juggles glombo shells, or spits fish up in the air and catches them, or how he dances around and falls on his butt.”

>The adults, though. They don’t say much about him. Or to him. And no other Gungans come to see him, either. Nobody even says his name.

When a young refugee boy asks why no one talks to him, the Gungan answers:

>“My no so sure.” The Gungan makes a hmm sound. “Mesa thinks it cause-o Jar Jar makin some uh-oh mistakens. Big mistakens. Der Gunga bosses banished me longo ago. Mesa no been to hom in for-ebbers. And desa hisen Naboo tink I help the uh-oh Empire.”
>>
>>51783526

She looks good pretty'd up, she looks good down n' dirty.
>>
>>51783616
I'm just waiting for someone to get around to writing that rey/phasma/finn/poe foursome fic
>>
>>51783650

It better involve some engine grease, machine lube and dark, enclosed spaces.
>>
>>51783600
>the little shitcunt is still alive
>sad
Fuck you.
>>
>>51783786
Yousa triggered!
>>
>>51783746
>it's in the Falcon's cargo bay and smuggling compartments
>chewie is about to turn the hose on them before he realizes that Han probably would actually have approved of this and just walks away to his quarters and gallon jug of cheap corillian whisky
>>
File: Hero.jpg (80KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Hero.jpg
80KB, 600x800px
>>51783600
>>
>>51783786
I'm legitimately saddened by Jar-Jar's downfall. He was a dumb pawn, manipulated by a brilliant strategist who planned moves lightyears ahead of time.

We have all felt used at times. Anyone can relate.

But imagine if you were used to lay the groundwork for the defeat of the good Republic... and your own people and home planet held it against you.
>>
>>51783871
He was a terrible character and George should feel bad for inventing him.
Jar Jar and the entire Gungan race should have been exterminated as soon as Palps was in power.
No reason to keep them alive, especially not the literal embodiment of everything wrong with episode 1.
>>
>manipulated by a brilliant strategist who planned moves lightyears ahead of time.
>planned moves lightyears ahead of time.
>lightyears ahead of time
>lightyears
Lightyears are a measure of distance not time, that's the equivalent of planning parsecs or miles in advance
>>
>>51783889
The Gungans themselves were fine. Jarjar just made them seen shit through a kind of "Bilbo effect", where one atypical member of a race becomes the defining image of it.
>>
>>51783941
All the rest of the gungans we see are complete dogshit, too with their horrible speech patterns. Stop trying to play apologist for the lowest point in the fucking franchise.
>>
>>51783959
Show me on the doll where the Gungan touched you, anon
>>
>>51783892
You do know people sometimes use words metaphorically, right?
>>
>>51783892
Yeah thanks buddy but I'd like to go battle Brock now.
>>
>>51783600
Is it just me or does this feel like Wendig trying to suck everyone dick with LOOK SEE I UNDERSTAND THIS YOU HATED HIM RIGHT?

Maybe that's my inherent bias against Wendigo coming or he fore, though
>>
>>51783892
Bullshit. How could Han make the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs if parsecs were a measure of distance?
>>
>>51784563
Are you fucking stupid or something too? Han was talking about the distance measurement, His ship is both fast enough when out of hyperspace, and he's a crack navigator, so he plotted a course through the kessel run of only 12 parsecs and made it through, how he did so, isn't yet known.
>>
>>51784563

Actual reason ; becaue George Lucas is a moron

Old EU handwave reason and now probably canon reason ; because the trick of the Kessel run isnt the time you make it in, it's ths distance you have to go. The run skirts black holes and astrogation nightmares, so if you plot a perfect course and can skirt the edge of each event horizon, you can travel a far shorter distance then if you take longer safe routes between it.

As such, running it in 12 parsec's distance travelled is a significant feat.

You were probably just baiting though.
>>
>>51784813
To be fair, it's a legitimate reason in-universe, even if it was originally horseshit meant to sound cool.
>>
>>51784813
>>51784616
Another old explanation was that Han was just plain bullshitting to test Luke's knowledge of spaceflight and when Luke showed himself ignorant of what a parsec was, that made Han decide he could sucker him for the full price of what he owes Jabba.
>>
>>51784813
>>51784941
Amazing how hard people will work to justify George just being a idiot
I mean, a huge chunk of this franchise revolves around trying to explain stuff like that
>>
>>51784896
Yeah, I actually quite liked it as an explanation, even if it was definitely someone trying to explain away Lucas being a retard.
>>
>>51784616
>>51784813
for the record, the novel, which was based on a slightly earlier script used the phrase "twelve standard timeparts", so one could assume that the movie change was the result of somebody saying "hey, use more generic sci-fi words, eh"
>>
>>51785032
>twelve standard timeparts

Okay yeah im glad they changed it from this cos that's the clunkiest piece of shit ever
>>
>>51784813
>>51784941
>Guinness' face

https://youtu.be/nmyvFEkJSE4
>>
File: 1416855131820.jpg (24KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1416855131820.jpg
24KB, 720x400px
Best fight scene in star wars?

I'm a huge fan of the yavin duel from the genndy CW
>>
File: download (4).jpg (18KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
18KB, 209x241px
>>51784616
>>51783959
>>51783892
>>51783892
Sure is sperg in here.
>>
>>51786368
DS2 Luke vs Vader
It's not as flashy as the new ones but it has the most weight and meaning and the music is great

Plus there's the two other battles of endor going on concurrently, too
>>
>>51786368
Duel of the Fates had probably the best choreography, but Luke vs Vader Round 2 is the actual best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li0vFxbo3sY
>>
>>51786368
The Blur cinematics for SWTOR are awfully good. I keep hoping live action directors will take a look at them for inspiration.

TFW you'll never see someone quickly toggle off and back on their lightsaber to pass through an opponent's block on the big screen.
>>
File: kurosawa-samurai.jpg (1MB, 2400x1844px) Image search: [Google]
kurosawa-samurai.jpg
1MB, 2400x1844px
>>51786450
Beautifully animated, yeah, but I don't know, something about the choreography rubs me the wrong way. I dislike the PT-grade acrobatics and spinning. Lightsaber duels are at their best when they stick to the franchise's roots. That said, I wouldn't be averse to incorporating other schools of swordsmanship, either. The dash of European flavoring in Kylo Ren's fighting style was a step in the right direction.
>>
>>51786689
I think a tasteful mix of the prequel flash with the sincerity of the OT would be good. Controversial opinion: add in a little Jason Bourne-style brutality (like say, both members of the duel get disarmed, start beating each other with whatever they can get their hands on/the environment before being able to retrieve their lightsabers) for a great time. The fan video "Ryan vs. Dorkman II" (look it up on YouTube of you've not seen it) does this well.
>>
File: 1487193372815.jpg (142KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1487193372815.jpg
142KB, 500x375px
>>51786689
>People that can channel the force to run super fast, jump super high, has super strength and precognition should fight like human samurai from a realistic movie.
>>
>>51787259
>people that wield weapons that are noted to have odd handling and blades capable of cutting through almost any material should flail about like morons
The franchise is rooted in classic samurai movies. Flippy wuxia bullshit is a departure from the franchise's roots and looks nowhere near as good as more realistic samurai-flavored swordfights. It takes away from the emotion and gravitas of a lightsaber duel, and makes it look like neither fighter has any respect for the lethality of their weapons.
>>
>>51786368

My favorite is probably the Obi-Wan/Darth Vader duel on Mustafar from ROTS (not including the Palpatine/Yoda).
The Palpatine vs Savage and Maul is also pretty good.
I also happen to unironically like The Starkiller Base duel, for first baiting us with Finn (who is beaten down with little effort on Kylo's part, save a lucky strike Finn gets in) and the visual of the "classic Jedi vs. Sith duel: the blades dancing, the tan and the black clad combatants moving around. It's almost nostalgic.
>>
>>51787571
You my friend are an idiot. Jedi aren't normal humans. They are super fast, strong, inhuman reflexes and limited precognition. They don't have to nor should fight like samurai. Many times they have clearly stated that sword fighting and lightsaber fighting is very different. You sound like some rlm autist.
>>
>>51787654
The Star Wars movies are heavily based on Kurosawa films. Deliberate, careful samurai swordfights are part of that.

>muh precog and superpowers
That's a point against your argument. Against regular, worthless mooks, maybe it might work, but against someone who has the same powers as you, it doesn't make sense. Two warriors with precog and lightsabers should be fighting carefully and deliberately, because each one is planning moves and counters. Even the slightest misstep could mean instant death thanks to the other guy's speed and reflexes. Their weapons are far more lethal than any other melee weapon. A single hit could be crippling. These guys should be taking every measure to avoid wearing themselves out or giving their opponents an opening.

Not to mention the fact that a lightsaber battle isn't just a duel. It's a clash of wills, emotions, and ideologies. That emotion, that gravitas is lost when actors flail like idiots.
>>
>>51787761
The "PT-grade acrobatics and spinning" are here to stay, Pablo himself says that's how fully trained Jedi fight.

Even Kylo has a few "unnecessary" twirls in TFA, and Obi-Wan has an utterly ridiculous spin in ANH, but everyone seems to conveniently forget those. And you forget that SW was also heavily inspired by pulpy 1950s sci-fi serials, and western flicks, and shakespear, and mythology of varying cultures, and a shit-ton of other things.
>>
>>51788149
Well, I guess that's another reason for why the OJO got destroyed in the PT. They couldn't swordfight for shit.

There are a unnecessary flourishes and maneuvers in the OT, but it still wasn't anywhere near as widespread or absurd. OT swordfights were closer to the realistic end of the scale than the PT and looked better for it. Dooku's fencing-inspired Makashi also looked a hell of a lot better than everyone else's fighting thanks to Christopher Lee's fencing experience. A little bit of Errol Flynn may be necessary or inevitable, but lightsaber duels just don't look good when you throw in the amount of acrobatics, wasted movement, and silly flailing that was present in the PT. When it comes to Star Wars swordfights, Kurosawa's influence reigned supreme and should continue to reign supreme.
>>
>>51788251
Dude you're borderline retarded if you think any of the OT fights look anywhere near like a Kurosawa film let alone as good. And all of your points are pure opinion for that matter. I happen to like my superhuman duelist fight superhuman. If I wanted a shitty realistic fight I would watch ufc.
>>
>>51786689
>>51787259
I actually like both, and I think both have their place in their particular era Star Wars is set over time, too. With the flasher. art deco aesthetics of the 'Golden Age' of the PT, the flashier acrobatic Wuxia stuff works.
In the OT, which is grimier, grubbier, it makes more sense for a grounded fighting style. It helps give a continuity - when dudes make holovids in the Star Wars universe, I bet their Old Republic set stuff is like Wuxia - all big heroes and impossible feats.

One of the things I am kinda so-so on is that the ST doesn't yet seem to have its own aesthetic.
>>
File: 15120209.jpg (90KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
15120209.jpg
90KB, 400x400px
>>51784261
My biggest problem is Wendigs HORRIBLE writing style and the way hes adding refugees into a fictional book when refugees are currently a main topic and issue.

This man cant write one page without
>gays
> Lesbians
> homosexuals
> poor refugees
> Meh feels

Hes not as good as Zahn or Stackpole thats for sure
>>
>>51788348
There's definitely samurai film influence there. Not as good, because Lucas isn't on Kurosawa's level, but still visible. And at what point was this entire conversation anything but opinion? Criticizing film is pretty much entirely opinion. And to use your words, I happen to like when space samurai fight like space samurai. If I wanted shitty, ridiculous flips and flourishes, I would watch anime.
>>
File: Sithtwins-3.jpg (83KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Sithtwins-3.jpg
83KB, 682x1023px
>>51788441
>>51788149
Luke and Vader at some points were wildly swinging their lightsabers like they were baseball bats. The only reason why they fought like that was because lightsabers were shitty props and Lucas didn't have the tech or choreographers to make the fights look better.
>>
File: sabrechucks.jpg (48KB, 320x427px) Image search: [Google]
sabrechucks.jpg
48KB, 320x427px
>>51786689
>The dash of European flavoring in Kylo Ren's fighting style was a step in the right direction.
I didn't mind it either, reminded me of the hema/metal weapons guys I knew many years ago back at uni that used to belt seven shades of shit out of each other on weekends with big arse swords. It was also an interesting counterpoint style to Rey who had a sort of fencing technique, neither very good at it, but I think that's why it worked watching them flail around like mad.

Also an interesting take on lightsabres from this guy-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9_Lcuf1-Ng
>>
File: mordhau.png (593KB, 560x412px) Image search: [Google]
mordhau.png
593KB, 560x412px
>>51788765
>tfw we'll never see a Jedi Knight pick up a vibrosword and mordhau a Sith
>>
>>51788828
We did see Kylo gouge the fuck out of Finn with the crossguard though, that's kind of old-school european style sword fighting
Not quite half-swording, but there's some technical difficulties with that and the lightsabre
>>
File: 1452353867370.jpg (12KB, 336x352px) Image search: [Google]
1452353867370.jpg
12KB, 336x352px
>>51788251
Lol what the fuck?

>They couldn't swordfight for shit.
A millennia of peace and dominating the Clone War implies otherwise.

>OT swordfights were closer to the realistic end of the scale than the PT and looked better for it
Not really. It lacked a degree of aggressiveness and precision in real fencing.

>Dooku's fencing-inspired Makashi
What style?

> When it comes to Star Wars swordfights, Kurosawa's influence reigned supreme and should continue to reign supreme.
Kurosawa's work wasn't known for swordplay. He's never once made anything focused around the martial arts with except maybe Sugata Sanshiro, which had no involvement with fencing
>>
>>51783600
>jar jar is a high profile imperial stooge and probably a senator for decades
>doesn't get hanged for treason after the end of the GCW
jar jar should should his blessings if he didn't get the qaddafi treatment
>>
>>51788938
>millennia of peace and dominating the Clone War
Millennia of peace that are never covered or studied. For all we know, the OJO's martial abilities had gone soft, just as their morals had decayed. We also know that the Jedi took horrific losses at Geonosis, their first taste of real combat in years. Maul killed Qui-Gon and very nearly defeated Obi-Wan before making the mistake of playing with his food. Plus, most the the bad guys in the Clone Wars weren't exactly trained swordsmen themselves. The CIS had Dooku, Ventress, Maul, Magnaguards, and, depending on the writer, Grievous. That's about it. Aside from that, it was mostly cutting up droids who couldn't do much swordfighting in the first place.

>Not really
Closer than the PT, I said. The OT fights weren't totally realistic (I think Hamill mentioned somewhere that getting too aggressive resulted in a lot of broken props), but they still didn't have nearly as much silliness as the PT.

>What style?
It's never specified. Christopher Lee was known to be a fencer, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef4njNsDVos
He likely did most of the sword work, or at least acted as a consultant while working with the film's fight director. The Fightsaber article that detailed all the saber forms way back when was also partly written by a fencer.

>Kurosawa
I was mostly thinking about the Hidden Fortress and Yojimbo. HF had a duel scene that was pretty damn close to the Obi-Wan/Vader duel, even if it wasn't a swordfight. I also really should have been referring to jidaigeki and chanbara as a whole, rather than just Kurosawa. At the time I was typing that post, I also stupidly mistook Harakiri for a Kurosawa film. My mistake.
>>
File: All Wings.jpg (549KB, 1280x1651px) Image search: [Google]
All Wings.jpg
549KB, 1280x1651px
All bumps report in
>>
File: Star-Wars-Wedge-Antilles.jpg (400KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-Wedge-Antilles.jpg
400KB, 1400x700px
Bump Two . Standing by.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 1024x576px
Bump Three here.
Yub yub, commander
>>
>>51789732
>For all we know, the OJO's martial abilities had gone soft, just as their morals had decayed.
I won't debate that, as I actually agree. But it does stand that the Jedi of the time were still, as a group, the most refined and capable fighters in the known galaxy. And to say that anything afterward in regards to them (or lightsaber combat in general) being an improvement in martial prowess is just flat out wrong.

I would really hope that you're not the kind of guy who thinks that Luke was some kind of extraordinary swordsman by the time of RoTJ. I'd be genuinely surprised if he's above Inquisitor level skill by the time of the ST.
>>
>>51792050
I don't think Luke was Musashi Miyamoto by RotJ, but I could see him ranking above the OJO's mid-carders if he fought dirty, as any Rebel should. The OT's time span was longer than the Clone Wars, so Luke by that point probably had more combat experience than most OJO grunts, on far fewer resources, against a far more powerful enemy.

>Inquisitor skill level
I'm not so sure. The canon ones in Rebels were pretty mediocre. Jerec, a former Jedi Master, was the biggest and baddest one in Legends and he got taken down by Kyle Katarn, whose formal lightsaber schooling didn't exactly exceed Luke's, either.
>>
File: 4898507-6328303388-star-.jpg (139KB, 800x510px) Image search: [Google]
4898507-6328303388-star-.jpg
139KB, 800x510px
>>51792196
Kyle Katarn was a blatant if lovable Mary Sue just like Alucard
>>
File: shipfu.jpg (2MB, 1920x1675px) Image search: [Google]
shipfu.jpg
2MB, 1920x1675px
>>51791944
>>51791990
>>51792011

All Imperial ships, prepare for battle. Rebel forces sighted.
>>
File: doomguy 2016.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
doomguy 2016.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>51792301
He's basically Doomguy with a lightsaber. And that's what makes him so fun.
>>
File: d3c9ab_5885457.jpg (86KB, 1200x335px) Image search: [Google]
d3c9ab_5885457.jpg
86KB, 1200x335px
>>51792305
Old piece of shit meet new hotness
>>
>>51792359
Oy, treat the old ships with respect. They do their job nicely.
>>
I want to make an OC to write about and draw in my spare time.

Would it be too Mary Sue/Snowflakey if I made him a Force Sensitive Kaleesh?
>>
>>51792196
> but I could see him ranking above the OJO's mid-carders if he fought dirty, as any Rebel should.
IF he fought dirty, he might, MIGHT, be close to them. But logically, if going by fair rules of engagement and all of that, he should not really be close to their skill. From the point of when Vader and Sidious were dead, Luke was effectively studying a dead martial art. All the masters of it were gone. And because the Empire practically confiscated everything concerning the Jedi, short of their living memory, he should never be as good as the Jedi were even during the Clone War. He's in the same boat as HEMA practitioners are in today because the arts fell out of practice long ago and now interpret for themselves what little full, or incomplete, manuscripts there are to go off of.

>Inquisitor skill level
>I'm not so sure. The canon ones in Rebels were pretty mediocre.
Exactly. Which is why I'd be surprised if he was, at most, on their level in the ST.

>Kyle Katarn, whose formal lightsaber schooling didn't exactly exceed Luke's, either.
In legends, nobody did. Legends made Luke out to be the best everything. But in canon, they've made Luke more... reasonable given the settings. Ezra, right now, is more competent and skilled than Luke was at the end of RoTJ because Ezra had better training.
>>
>>51792836
>Ezra had better training
I haven't kept up with the show. When did Ezra get something better than lessons from Yoda and Obi-Wan?
>>
>>51792859

Ezra actually gets practice sparring with a guy who went through Jedi training and had a holocron with among other things, lessons from Anakin Skywalker on it.

So I don't know if he's "better" as such than Luke but he very strongly has a lot more practical than so far Luke has been shown as having.
>>
The internet is a wonderful place but it's a place that is infuriatingly lacking in Mon Calamari art.

Seeing as I love the squids (and the Quarren, and the Karkarodons), does anyone have Mon Calamari art to dump for me? Pretty please with a tiny statue of Admiral Ackbar on top.
>>
File: 1483688549343.png (774KB, 1236x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483688549343.png
774KB, 1236x800px
>>51784261
It seems kinda meta to me.
Like, Ahmed Best actually thought he was doing a great job with that character. People were high-fiving him on the set. George Lucas was really excited about it, they thought he was going to be a breakout character.
Then everyone tells him he's basically been playing a Minstrel show character, all the fans despise him, and even the kids just think he's averagely funny for the five minutes they're paying attention. So his part gets cut down and cut down and is now a symbol of the worst part of a beloved series.
Jar-Jar's fate seems like a weird parallel: he's a fool who became a hero and thought he had really made it by becoming a senator, but he winds up letting a Sith Lord destroy the Republic. Now everyone hates him for doing something he didn't even realize was bad, and the only people who appreciate him are small children who don't know any better.
>>
File: naked snake.png (374KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
naked snake.png
374KB, 640x360px
>>51793021
>more practical
In terms of pure swordsmanship, sure, I'll give Ezra that. But RotJ Luke also had four years of military service and adventuring under his belt. Ezra will probably be the better swordsman at that point (assuming canon Luke picked up zero holocrons, instructional texts, or OJO survivors during those four years) but I would argue that Luke is a far more well-rounded combatant. You don't fight the Empire and evade Vader for four years without becoming a very dangerous, very sneaky son of a bitch. If it came down to Endor Luke vs. an Inquisitor, I'd put my money on the farm boy. Hell, if it was Endor Luke vs. a redshirt Jedi from the Battle of Geonosis, I'd still put my money on Luke.
>>
>>51793170
If you haven't read the theory that Jar Jar was supposed to be Sheev's Sith Lord mentor and was canceled due to Ep1 backlash, you need to.
>>
>>51793322
Except, that theory isn't true, and never was, It would have been so much better if that was the way it was supposed to go then we'd understand that we were supposed to hate Jar Jar.
>>
>>51792596

Not the VicStar man, it'll electrocute you in your sleep. It hates us as much as we hate it.

>>51792628

You do you anon, it's your OC and your spare time. And since you know about snowflakes you're probably going to do a little bit to avoid making your Kaleesh one of them.
>>
File: Force Lightning.jpg (59KB, 650x503px) Image search: [Google]
Force Lightning.jpg
59KB, 650x503px
>>51793660
>it'll electrocute you in your sleep.

Only if you're a filthy alien lover
>>
>>51793660
>avoid making your Kaleesh one of them.

This is my first Star Wars character, so I'm a little leery I'm going to go about this the wrong way.

Are there any common pitfalls I should avoid?
>>
>>51793706
this anon gets it
>>
>>51793787

What's making you double guess how you're doing the character?

A quick goggle will give you a list of things to avoid doing, I'm not being that helpful (sorry anon for that), but there'll be parts of the internet that will have guides up on how not to write something in a way you don't want to write it (snowflakey). Better than I can say anyhow.

Were you the anon who posted Twi'lek or Kaleesh a few threads ago?

>>51793866

Sheev-y get
>>
>>51793980
That was on /co/ but yeah. I decided Kaleesh because I personally think that'd be cooler
>>
>>51794057

I can dig it, I suppose all we know about the OC is that it's a Kaleesh and Force Sensitive so there's not much to comment on. I'm drafting a couple of character options for an EotE game (effectively making OC) and found the Core Rulebook character creation process was quite helpful to do that. Force and Destiny Core plus the Force Sensitive info the other rulebooks have might help you too in prepping the character?
>>
>>51787654
>Many times they have clearly stated that sword fighting and lightsaber fighting is very different
Where? Is it still canon?

Personally, I figure lightsaber fighting would somewhat resemble real-world swordfighting but with some parts sped up, more superjumps, etc. Real-world swordfighting techniques are the way they are because those styles work (at least within a specific context), and I don't think Jedi would significantly alter that.

I know the EU likes to talk about how they have superspeed, but aside from one vague bit in the very beginning of episode 1 is there any canon evidence to support that?

Personally, I think lightsaber techniques (at least some of them) should revolve around the fact that those blades should be functionally weightless. There's a clip on Youtube somewhere where someone edited the chatty duelists scene from the Princess Bride to add lightsaber visual and audio effects and that's what I'd like to see.
>>
>>51794474
The lightsaber form that is canonically most like sword fighting is Shii Cho because people just took their swordsmanship skills and copypasted them into lightsaber fighting.
>>
>>51794474
Skip to 2:35.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S75THbl4tzM
>>
>>51784563
Han's an idiot who was trying to pull a fast one on Kenobi.
>>
>>51794727
Except, one little thing, canonically, Han wasn't bullshitting.
>>
>>51794831
>Canonically
>pablo_higalgo_noneofthisiscanon.gif
>>
File: Whisper_Base.png (843KB, 1128x723px) Image search: [Google]
Whisper_Base.png
843KB, 1128x723px
>>51783015

Anyone got any good maps for military bases, industrial facilities, and the like?
>>
>>51794474

Well most recently in Rebels Sabine said she was trained in blades, and got her ass kicked by Ezra in Kanan practicing with the Darksaber.
>>
>>51794907
You see that Link up there in the OP that has the Canon comics and books? in one of those comics it is mentioned quite explicitly that Han did in fact do the Kessel run in Less than 12 parsecs, so, in summation fuck you, you Nigger Faggot Jew Fa/tg/uy!
>>
>>51794641
That definitely sounds like the sort of thing some people would do, though I expect the technique would shift somewhat so it's between regular sword styles and designed-for-lightsaber styles. Something along the lines of "learn regular swordfighting, then add this handful of tricks and tweaks."

>>51794707
Interesting, it's nice to see someone who thought through the actual differences. The number one thing I get out of it, though, is that any even remotely intelligent force user would try to get some sort of handguard. I personally would probably shoot for some sort of basket hilt style force field or something, since a secondary blade like Kylo Ren had wouldn't be effective at preventing another blade from sliding down toward my hand (even if the mini blade starts close enough to the main one to keep someone's blade from slipping past, there would constantly be cosmetic damage I'd have to either fix or put up with).

You could probably pull some interesting tricks out of epee or saber fencing since you really only need to touch your opponent to injure them, though we don't know how quickly or easily lightsabers can cut through flesh. At the very least, quickly tapping your opponent's wrist area would probably lessen their fighting ability rather noticeably, so cortosis-based gloves (or a canon equivalent) would be a good idea too.

Actually, long cortosis gloves and making the lightsaber's outer shell out of something with cortosis would solve a lot of the handguard-related problems, though not really as well as a proper handguard.

>>51795018
Obviously there would be some differences, since the blade is functionally weightless. I don't know enough about Rebels to be able to discuss the relevant levels of skill (at fighting or at force usage) of those characters.
>>
File: heeeerrrees context.jpg (109KB, 553x801px) Image search: [Google]
heeeerrrees context.jpg
109KB, 553x801px
>>51788765
>this guy
That's Matt Mothafuckin' Easton right there.
>>
>>51795230

Well, Sabine's a mando child soldier from an imperial academy, and Ezra is a scrub street rat with a couple years of apprenticeship under his belt (but also he's pretty good with the force, especially Sense shit). Her family are legit mandos too, used to be on the side of Death Watch, so we should assume she knows what the fuck she's talking about.

She does get proficient over the course of an episode - but it does seem like canon is trying to say they're technically different skill sets.
>>
Good rebels today.

Mandos mando'd, traitors talk shit get shot, Phantom II does an aileron roll. Sabine's family are kind of dickbags.

Rebels Recon also gave some interesting stuff, talking about how there might be as many as 1000 worlds in Mando space, unaligned with the Old Republic. Different clans and houses rule these worlds - Sabine's family has an entire shitty snowy planet as their stronghold.
>>
File: clan wolf logo.png (52KB, 279x279px) Image search: [Google]
clan wolf logo.png
52KB, 279x279px
>>51795824
>Different clans and houses rule these worlds
Someone get Stackpole on the line. Mandalorian Clan Invasion when?
>>
>>51795854

God, I wish. The episode basically says there's gonna be another inter-clan war too.

>I'd be like X-Wing, but with Mandos and Fang Fighters instead of Rebels and X-Wings
>>
>>51795824

Also, given names like Sabine, Ursa, Saxon, etc and talk about how they conquered other people who would become Mandalorian - I'm starting to think Mandalore used to be Space Rome.
>>
Is SWTOR canon?

I'm playing through the agent storyline, and I've got mixed feelings. On the one hand, the general stuff is pretty great. On the other, the cult of revan is hilariously stupid.
>>
>>51792359
He said "Imperial" ships. First Order radicals get out!
>>
>>51795941
Non-canon.
>>
>>51795950
Is Revan canon at least?
>>
>>51795955
Nope.
>>
>>51795964
Ah, that's a shame. Revan as depicted in the first two games was great. Not sure about SWTOR yet.
>>
>>51795950
Is it? Isn't one of the scum ships for X-wing based on a ship you can get in the game?
>>
>>51795929

Looking to roll up a Mandalorian explorer, what sort of names would fit? German-y ones?
>>
>>51796000

No, there isn't (You're thinking of Galaxies probably), but that doesn't matter, XWM like TOR is from before the canon split and the disney acquisition - so while LFL still approves everything they print it's not necessarily in continuity with anything.
>>
File: mandalorian shitposter.png (303KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mandalorian shitposter.png
303KB, 900x900px
>>51796051
Bruce. Always Bruce.
>>
>>51788348
I don't think you know what a Kurosawa film is. I've got the whole fucking collection because reasons, and even if the scenes are interesting for direction reasons, the sword fights themselves are all pretty dull affairs.
>>
>>51796051

Well, in-canon the names we have are stuff like Pre, Bo, Rook, Gar, Tarr, Satine, Sabine, Tristan, Ursa and Fenn - so something based on a Romance or Celtic background sounds like it could fit.

>>51796065

Bruce would be in line, it's a scots/english name apparently of Norman origin.
>>
>>51796052
>You're thinking of Galaxies probably

Oh you're right I am, never played those games but I just vaguely remembered something about it
>>
>>51796065

thanks cobber

>>51796118

Okay
>>
>>51796148
I suppose it's for the best that TOR isn't canon anymore. I just read up on this sith emperor character, this stuff reads like terrible fanfiction.
>>
>>51796162
Well, BioWare undid almost all of Obsidian's good writing.
>>
>>51796118

So...let's break this down. Sabine (a latinate name for an italian tribe) is from Clan Wren, which is from an old english word. Her mother is Ursa (latin for bear) and her brother is Tristan (or something similar - name of the Cornish night of arthurian lore, BTW Sabine has a kingly sword she's holding on to). And their "land" is the planet "Krownest". Which seems to have a dominant terrain type which looks a lot like the Alpines...
>>
>>51796208
Yeah, i get the feeling that bioware writers resented the success and praise Obsidian got for their story, the plot hooks, and writing and all that. So their thought process was "hey, you know all that cool stuff obsidian set up for us? That they got praised for and we didn't? Let's fuck it all up with some sort of mary sue power level infinity plus 1 dipshit that won't ever die. That'll show those obsidian fucks".
>>
>>51784053
Underrated post of the decade.
>>
File: 1484445724653.png (782KB, 668x686px) Image search: [Google]
1484445724653.png
782KB, 668x686px
>>51796232
>Arthurian motifs in Star Wars
>Wasted them on Sabine of all fucking characters
I haven't kept up with the show but damn, is that disappointing.
>>
>>51796300
Well, their excuse for not giving them a KOTOR History video in the launch lead-up was that a lot of the events in K2 happen in the background.

But since a lot of it was public, very much involved the Jedi, hinted at the Emperor, and their narrator was a fucking historian capable of digging and finding obscure records, it's just much more likely that Karpysharpy simply didn't read the other game's script.
>>
File: minsc.png (290KB, 380x600px) Image search: [Google]
minsc.png
290KB, 380x600px
>>51796300
I think it's more the fact that Bioware's writing talent is simply straight-up gone. They can't write stories consistently well anymore. The Bioware that gave us Minsc and Boo is gone, replaced by a hollow imitation, an organizational skinwalker wearing its metaphorical flesh.
>>
>>51783015
Just got into imperial assault, is it possible to get a second copy of the Elite Jet Trooper / Heavy Stormtrooper / Snowtrooper cards anywhere (Online purchases, etc) without buying a second copy of the expansion box?
>>
>>51796452
Actually the BioWare that gave us Minsc and Boo is now part of other studios. Like Obsidian.
>>
File: Mon_Calamari_NEGAS.jpg (21KB, 250x320px) Image search: [Google]
Mon_Calamari_NEGAS.jpg
21KB, 250x320px
>>51793079
Knock yourself out kid
>>
>>51795230
Cortosis isn't canon anymore
>>
>>51796646
Phrik is though. It might not short-circuit lightsabers but it can take a hit.
>>
>>51796646
It's canon. It showed up in A New Dawn and Uprising. Its physical and chemical properties in canon, however, have yet to be explored in detail.
>>
Fellow x wing players, what ships would you recommend getting if I wanted to build up a respectable scum collection?
>>
File: dreadnaught-heavy-cruiser.jpg (29KB, 740x272px) Image search: [Google]
dreadnaught-heavy-cruiser.jpg
29KB, 740x272px
>>51796978
>>
>>51796460
You can find them on ebay I imagine. I just borrow/proxy from friends.
>>
>>51796978
Most Wanted, Jumpmaster, Houndstooth, Mist Hunter, Protectorate, Shadowcaster, HWK
>>
>>51796978
Starvipers, tons of them.

No, I'm kidding don't get more than 1 and that's if you're a fan of the design
>>
>>51797122
If only
>>
>>51786368
The Coruscant chase from the same series you're quoting. Everything about Grievous, the Magnaguards, and Shaak Ti rubs me all the right ways when it comes to fight scenes.
>>
Ran the Edge of the Empire Beginner game today for a group of friends today.

Damn, the system is NICE. I really liked it, and I love the feel it evokes, it's definitely very Star Warsy.

One thing though: I really enjoy the Advantage/Threat mechanic, but sometimes I get really stumped on how to narrate the effects without just going "recover 1 strain" "lose 1 strain" "get a boost die", etc.

Are there any tips or guidelines for this anywhere?
>>
>>51798712
If you're willing to dedicate some time, the Order 66 podcast has some excellent GM advice. They regularly bring in FFG developers to give insider knowledge and opinions, too.
>>
>>51798728

Thanks for the suggestion. Are there any episodes specifically dedicated to this?
>>
>>51798745
Episode 10 does a pretty good job of explaining how to use the various symbols well and goes into a lot of examples, so that's a good one.

All the Skill Monkey segments they do also help a lot, each one breaks down a particular skill usage and explains how you could interpret different dice rolls for it. Those segments can be found here if you don't want to dedicate the time to full podcast episodes.

http://www.madadventurers.com/category/field-recordings/skill-monkey/
>>
>>51798778

Wow, thanks a lot, man.

These skill monkey segments seem like a great help.
>>
>>51798712
My is usually stuff like

>That shot almost took out your eye, suffer one strain as your character dwells on it

>In order to dodge the shot you roll right into the cross hairs of the Stormtrooper, who gains a blue die

>That shot was go good your confidence is reinvigorated, recover 1 strain

>The trooper hits the dirt to dodge your volley, player to gets a blue die.

Stuff like that. After awhile good players may feed you shit, and if you can do so easily tie it to their goals or obligation. I had a clone wars Vet get some pretty shit rolls while fighting old battledroids and he was like "the strain is my PTSD."
>>
>>51798712
Keep in mind your players should be doing a lot of the heavy lifting here. It's THEIR job to spend and narrate triumph and advantage, not yours.

I mean, in an ideal scenario there's a healthy back and forth on how all symbols should be spent (my players give great Despair suggestions), but it's definitely not all meant to be on you.
>>
>>51797315
None on eBay except an E heavy troopers for $20...
>>
X-Wing 1d4chan page update guy, back at it again.

I've added a "recommended build" section to the Imperial ships I feel confident giving a recommendation for. This is a build that's currently doing well, and should be updated as time goes on, but let's keep actual discussion of whether builds are good somewhere else, okay?

If some Rebel and Scum players would contribute recommended builds, that'd be good too.
>>
>>51799317
do you want builds for individual ships or list builds using that ship?
>>
>>51796646
That's why I added "(or a canon equivalent)."

There's plenty of room for them to add something like it, and I figure they will sooner or later unless someone high up says they're absolutely not allowed to add lightsaber-proof stuff ever.
>>
>>51799413
Individual ships. Just make something that's generally good. Like, my recommended build for the TIE Interceptor is Soontir Fel with Royal Guard, Push The Limit, Stealth Device, and Autothrusters, because that's generally the best setup for Fel regardless of whatever else you have
>>
Where would Finn, Poe, Han and Kylo be on this chart?
>>
File: aWGWkETaAwg.market_maxres.jpg (83KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
aWGWkETaAwg.market_maxres.jpg
83KB, 1000x562px
Is Age of Rebellion good for a Clone Wars game?
>>
>>51799914
Why're you kids all obsessed with Clone Wars shit? It's knock-off Star Wars. It would be like wanting to run a game based on Lion King 2 rather than the original.
>>
>>51799786
Finn - masc. switch
Poe- slightly twink switch
Kylo- hard power bottom
Han- straight
>>
File: t3_2oej1l.gif (970KB, 500x219px) Image search: [Google]
t3_2oej1l.gif
970KB, 500x219px
>>51799984

Their bait-cannons are down, boys. Blast 'em!
>>
>>51799984
Because the prequels are what gave the Star Wars universe life. They're bad movies, but the ideas about the Star Wars universe they presented and the way they expanded on the universe was a lot better than the originals.
>>
>>51800067

No way. They trashed the worldbuilding that already existed.

They removed the mysticism of the Jedi and replaced it with dogma and midichlorians. Yoda went from being a wiseman to a flippety-flashy sword slinger.

They fucked up the clone wars, making the clones "the good guys." Another Fett was shoehorned into the story, which ruined the extant canon about Boba and made him just a copycat of his father.

Even the smallest details were messed up or forgotten - Obi-Wan and Anakin are in a fairly adversarial relationship throughout (at least on screen), and Padme died in childbirth (making Leia's line about remembering her real mother impossible).

Seeing Coruscant was cool, but otherwise the only interesting settings were Tatooine 2 and, what, Utapao? Mustafar was fine, but the duel was beyond gratuitous.

Overall trash.
>>
File: 1486144745185.jpg (186KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486144745185.jpg
186KB, 1080x1080px
>>51800119

I'm don't know how to break this down to you, anon, but you have terminal shit taste. You gotta kill yourself before it spreads.
>>
>>51800119
The originals had basically no world building, basically vague allusions, a couple of interesting sets and a very basic good-vs-evil story. They were just mediocre children's movies.

The prequels were a bad children's movie, but at least they fleshed out the universe. Well, not so much the prequels themselves, but all the official material surrounding them.

Anything that has to do with characters, the prequels did badly, but everything that has to do with the universe itself, the prequels improved, a lot of it by virtue of there being nothing in the originals.
>>
>>51800147

I don't even think the prequels have bad characterization. It's just that the acting is supposed to be theatrical and intentionally cheesy, to evoke the feel of old school space operas.

Despite what pretentious shitters like the guy you're replying to might say about the "prequels not getting what the original were about", Star Wars has ALWAYS been about one, specific thing: Lucas' childhood.

Early sci-fi serials, 50s sci-fi space opera, 60s samurai flicks, old school saturday morning cartoons.

While the OT draws much more inspiration for its tone from the dashing good vs. evil plots of Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers stories, the prequels went for the epic space opera novel route. It's grand, it's convoluted, it's political and it is absolutely filled with soap opera romance and drama.

I know it sounds like a cop out, like a shitty excuse, but the acting is most definitely supposed to be cheesy and wooden in those films. It's a necessity for the tone it tries to recreate.

Now, you don't have to like it, but it's not a flaw at all.
>>
>>51800142
I have great taste - we all agree that the OT is superior in every way, do we not?

Oh, except you think the worldbuilding was bad. That there "wasn't any."

You're wrong, oh so wrong.

The worldbuiliding of the OT was revolutionary. Prior to Star Wars, the idea of rebels being the good guys was unheard of. The concept sprung out of the anti-war protests of the time, mixed with blatant references to the Nazis.

Even the color schemes were revolutionary: the evil mooks wearing white, a symbol of righteousness and purity? The bad guys were in spotless, sleek vessels while the good guys were scoundrels and coated in dirt.

Prior to Star Wars, sci-fi was dominated by chrome and smooth, clean designs. Star Wars CREATED the lived-in universe trope.

Tatooine is a mix of the Wild West and Dune. You've got little hints of a bigger world absolutely everywhere. Mentions of spice freighters and the clone wars; blue milk; a giant animal skeleton in the desert. Even with just what we see in the cantina scene in ANH, the OT dwarfs the PT in worldbuilding.
>>
>>51800223

Just to expand on this: remember Asimov? One of the greatest fucking sci-fi writers of our time? Go any of the Foundation novels, and take a good hard look at the dialogue. The characters are two, if not ONE dimensional at best. The dialogue is really cheesy and soap operay, and so is the dialogue in most space operas from that era. And guess what Lucas grew up reading?
>>
>>51800236
The concept of rebels being the good guys has existed since at least 1776, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>51800287
Maybe in your country.
>>
>>51800236

Your lack of historical genre understanding is incredibly shocking for someone posting in /tg/.

Seriously, 100% of what you posted there is just bullshit.
>>
>>51800297

The US? Because that's literally a country born out of a rebellion against an empire.
>>
>>51800236
>Prior to Star Wars, the idea of rebels being the good guys was unheard of
Except you know, that's not true at all. The idea of an evil space empire and the hero helping the underdog rebels is firmly rooted in sword and planet literature and comics, by which the OT is inspired. Plenty of westerns and samurai movies (another large inspiration for the OT) are also pretty anti-government. Not to mention all the literature prior to that where the rebels were the good guys (inspired by historical events like the French revolution, American revolution, etc).

Star Wars was only revolutionary if you knew nothing about sci-fi (aside from Star Trek, maybe) up to that point.

What the OT did very well, and where it did have a large effect on the film industry, is the special effects. That's about it.

Now about the worldbuilding, you keep mentioning "little details," and that's all they are, just little asides that aren't expanded upon, probably decided on a whim and without any forethought.

The prequels an related materials (novels, cartoons, comics, video games) were what really expanded the universe. Before 1999, Star Wars was the movies and some expanded universe stuff, with everything focusing on the movies (all games about the OT on the NES and SNES were basically just the movies done shitty). It was with the prequels that the media started exploring the universe, introducing more characters, races, locations that weren't in the movies and Star Wars became a universe.
>>
>>51800297
Guess which country Star Wars is from.
>>
>>51800297
Yeah and in the country of whom? that's right! the creator of fucking Star Wars, George Lucas himself!
>>
>>51800343
Uzbekistan? Tashkent is nice this time of year.
>>
>>51800335

To be fair, while I agree with everything you said, a lot of the EU world building was done by the West End RPG splats during the late 80s and throughout the 90s.

The RPG basically laid the framework for most of the works that came after it. The Thrawn trilogy was actually based on a lot of stuff taken from the WEG splatbooks.

But it wasn't until Episode I came out that the Star Wars universe really became a thing for most people that weren't already huge fans of the films.

If you said "Star Wars" back before the prequels, people would think of the specific OT plot and characters, and not really about its world. If you talk about Star Wars now, people will definitely think of the universe/setting first.
>>
>>51800390
Uzbekistan in 1977 was part of the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union was also pretty big on the whole "rebels were the good guys" thing with the whole revolution thing.

Still works. Bonus points since in 1977 the Soviet Union works as the evil empire, too.
>>
>>51800408
Well, I'm not really sure about 80s and early 90s EU, particularly the RPGs, but I recall reading that a lot of stuff got retconned or modified and absorbed into canon when Lucas started actively releasing media and preparing for the prequels. Kinda like they're doing now with the new movies.

I heard that the earlier novels were the worst off in terms of being retconned or outright made non-canon.
>>
>>51800480

Yeah, pretty much.
>>
I might just be daft but how do minion pilots work? Same as on the ground where they get skills for being a group?
>>
Speaking of the prequels and midichlorians in particular, I remember when I first watched that movie, I though that midichlorians were like microbes that concentrated in force users for whatever reason and were used as a shortcut to detecting force potential.

I was very confused when a friend pointed out that they meant that midichlorians were the cause of the force.
>>
>>51800513

Yes, exactly. A minion group of ships is called a wing.

It works exactly the same as a ground minion group: you upgrade dice based how many minions are in the group after the first one. Check out the last encounter in the Edge of the Empire beginner game for an example on this.
>>
>>51800536
All right, thanks
I take it then also that a TIE Ace is really dangerous?
>>
>>51800533
>I though that midichlorians were like microbes that concentrated in force users for whatever reason and were used as a shortcut to detecting force potential

That's literally it though. They're not the cause of the force, they're just what links living beings to the Force. The Force exists in a cosmic level, but midi-chlorians make it possible for living beings in The Galaxy to connect with the Force in a material level.
>>
>>51800559
Yeah, you see, midichlorians make using the force possible, as in:

Midichlorians => force user

I though it was the other way around, as in midichlorians are just random microbes that congregate in force users because they feed on the force or something, as in:

Force user => midichlorians

I still prefer the way I thought about it originally.
>>
File: space truck fight.jpg (114KB, 1709x961px) Image search: [Google]
space truck fight.jpg
114KB, 1709x961px
>>51800429
>the Soviet Union works as the evil empire, too.

Well they where pretty evil, once you get past the school history textbooks/G-rated TV, most rebel forces get up to some fairly evil shit too and it just turns into a completely barbaric free for all. People also go to play the card of 'depends which side you're on' and maybe haul out the old chestnut of 'winners make the history', but there are some things which no human should really do to another one along the way. Star Wars is kind of interesting as it involves both people and aliens, so you can only imagine how easy it is to 'dehumanise' (so to speak) that green guy with horns over there, or even from the other perspective of kill all the humans.
That's probably a bit adult to carry through to movies and TV shows that mostly depict black and white sides as its aimed at the textbook generation of viewers, but its something you can touch on in the RPG's in your own home. Though Rogue One definitely spent a bit of time in the shade... hell its a war movie that kind of played with the fantasy fiction of the Star Wars setting.

Been watching a bit of The Expanse lately to fill in some late nights trying to get the kid to sleep. Plenty of ideas in there for Edge of the Empire, space trucks, rebels, complicated factions and so on. Its not as sexy as Dark Matter, but its pretty ugly in places which has its own appeal.
>>
>>51800574

Oh, alright. I guess it's a bit more "scientific", but it is still fantastical as shit. I mean, we know there are these things in our cells that allow us to communicate with the Force. That's it, really. It's still pretty mystical, I don't get it when people whine about it.
>>
>>51800559
>That's literally it though.

No, you're misunderstanding what he wrote. His idea was that the midichlorians did nothing to make you force sensitive, they simply preferred living in force sensitive people. So the causative relationship ends up being flipped around.
>>
>>51800622
And instead canon gives us a what would be dual causative relationship. I am not aware of anything that states the midichlorians are what make a force sensitive well force sensitive, just that they are the Living Force, and are connected to the Cosmic Force, and that they seem to reside in the bloodstream of Force-sensitives in varying quantities and help them tap into the Force, but nothing states it's what makes them force sensitive in the first place.
>>
File: handsanitizer.gif (1MB, 280x156px) Image search: [Google]
handsanitizer.gif
1MB, 280x156px
>>51800067
>>51800147
Go take your meds.
>>
>>51800119
>Waaah official material overwrote my retail price fanfiction
I mean you're right on some points but complaining that old EU shit got overwritten is as dumb as people who complained that the sequel books were overwritten by TFA.
>>
>>51800601
Yes, thank you namefag for the history lecture.

Why, the American Revolution involved rebel commoners shooting British officers! ON PURPOSE!

In general America has a weird relationship with rebels because we're the oldest country in the world successfully founded by revolutionaries. (*hat tip to Turkey*) Most of these countries fall apart sooner rather than later, tear through an endless series of infighting about constitutional components and structure, and generally end up making way for another strong man. (*hat tip to Russia, France, all African countries*)

Rebellion is hard. If some rebels resort to brutal means like, I don't know, putting their entire intelligentsia to death by guillotine, who are we to judge? As Americans, we're not judging. In fact, we'll support rebels until it looks like they're going to lose and then we'll go back to whatever we should really be doing.
>>
Anyone know the Imperial who killed Garm Bel Iblis' family was? I think it was a Hand of the Emperor, but I can't recall which one.
>>
>>51802459
At the rate things are going, it was a seven year old Mara Jade.

I'd watch that.
>>
>>51802264
>As Americans, we're not judging
Last I checked, a good amount of the US government was horrified by the shit that went down in the French Revolution.
>>
>>51802492
>Last I checked, a good amount of the US government was horrified by the shit that went down in the French Revolution.
Officially we have no stance on the French Revolution. We weren't financially solvent and thus unable to assist the French in their quest for independence from the tyrant Louis.

We never mention the Directorate.
>>
>>51802509
I think this^ dude is high level CIA.
>>
>>51802227
Not an argument
>>
>>51801947
A bit of headcanon here but: why not have the Jedi be testing active midichlorians?

Every living thing, from single-celled organisms up to megafauna has midichlorians, but they're just relays, receiving and reporting information to and from the Force as a whole about the host organism. It's all passive, no communication with the host organism.

The midis in Forceful people, however, are active, and feed information to the host before the Force. This allows the host to selectively alter information about their own state and the state of the world around them. The only limit to what a Force-sensitive person can do is what they believe the Force will allow them to do, something like the Redpills in the Matrix, or the Awakened in OWoD Mage.

This might be stupid, I just woke up and have a slight hangover.
>>
>>51802575
for you
>>
>>51802739
>>51801947

And I forgot to mention, what makes a Forceful person's midis active in the first place is essentially the Force itself taking an interest in that individual.
>>
File: BrOQi3p.jpg (136KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
BrOQi3p.jpg
136KB, 1920x816px
What lightsaber form did Sheev Palpatine specialize in?
>>
>>51802827
Juyo/Vaapad
>>
>>51802739
>The only limit to what a Force-sensitive person can do is what they believe the Force will allow them to do
I disagree. There are plenty of times where people are mentioned to be "strong in the Force" or something similar, indicating different degrees of Force-sensitivity and aptitude. Doubt does hinder performance, but the way the Force is written and spoken about indicates that different individuals have different upper limits on their capabilities.
>>
>>51802835
How the fuck would Sidious know Vaapad?
>>
>>51802996
Juyo is the style Mace adapted into Vaapad, moron.
>>
>>51802996
Our top story this evening: A rich and powerful man has an extensive collection of rare books.
>>
>>51803047
Who?
>>
>>51803065
He was taught Juyo by Plagueis, it's the primary form Sith Lords use because it's so aggressive and basically requires you to give into your anger.
>>51803114
Mac Windu adapted the Juyo Lightsaber Form into Vaapad, trying to make Fom VII into less of a Dark Side thing, and for anybody but him failing utterly.
>>
>>51803144
>Plageueis
>Mace Windu
This reads like bad fanfiction.
>>
>>51803184
Mace wasn't taught by Plagueis, you fucking namefag, Sheev was! Context motherfucker! Do you understand it?
>>
>>51803233
Who are you and why are you so retarded?
>>
>>51803268
I'm Anonymous and I'm only retarded because I'm you, you're me and we're all the same person, except for the namefags!.
>>
>>51803184
Are you the faggot that doesn't know what Imperial Center is? Also what the fuck have you contributed that entitles you to having a name? This isn't reddit.
>>
>>51783871
>I'm legitimately saddened by Jar-Jar's downfall. He was a dumb pawn, manipulated by a brilliant strategist who planned moves lightyears ahead of time

Or WAS HE!?!? if gungans can jump so high, why arent they pounce predators? Why dont they just jump into the battle droid ranks in ep1 to keep their enemies range advantage insignificant?

How did a "bumbling idiot" manage to perform such an atrocious act that he was exiled and threatened with death on return?

Why didntt they just kill him outright? Why were they too afraid to kill jar jar? Who let him be a senator?

Maybe he purposfully voted in HIS PADAWAN into power knowing his apprentiice's pet project 'sith' would eventually get sheev killed!
>>
>>51802827
Jedi weapon/10

Would ruin another character for cheap light stick fight.
>>
>>51803454
Indeed, he should've just choked/electrocuted them. At the same time.
>>
>>51803454
>>51803510
You autists never considered that Sheev was a lying hypocrite?
>>
>>51803454
>>51803510
Are you the ones that say George ruined Yoda as well?

Neither of the characters were lessened or ruined by being shown having lightsaber battles.

Number one, on Yoda, he was 900 years old! if he hadn't learned how to fight with a lightsaber in 900 fucking years i'd have thought less of him, he was still shown being incredibly knowledgeable and powerful in the force, more than enough to match Sidious.

As for Sidious, all we knew about him before comes from Episode 6, and that he didn't use his lightsaber at the time, why might that be? I like to think he stopped carrying it because he was, I don't know, maybe BEING A FUCKING EMPEROR! Perhaps instead after his draw with Yoda dedicated himself wholly to Dark Side power studies. I never once expected his ass to not know how to use a lightsaber, or to be bad at it, he's a Fucking Dark Lord Of The Sith.
>>
>>51803657
>>51803748
I prefer the concept of Lightsabers being, as Palpatine said, Jedi weapons.

Yoda was a Jedi so he would've at least known how to use one, though being a master flipsman is kind of out of character from what we saw in the OT. Vader was a Jedi, he keeps his saber because that's how he knows fight and it represents Anakin still being inside him.

As for Palpatine, he was never a Jedi, why would he lower himself to using the weapon of his enemies when he could literally hate them to death?
>>
>>51803833
>As for Palpatine, he was never a Jedi, why would he lower himself to using the weapon of his enemies when he could literally hate them to death?

Maybe he takes pleasure in using something known as a tool of the Jedi against them?
>>
>>51803833
He was obviously a liar and Vader didn't keep his, it was stolen from him, remember? He built a new one using Sith techniques, in legends any way. I'm fairly sure it'll be similar in canon as they detail more and more of Vaders life after the Republic.

Being frank, he was a DLOS there's no way in hell he wouldn't know how to use one and use it well against a Jedi, just in case his plan had a hitch or two and it did, he was nearly killed by Mace Windu, or if a rival Sith showed up and tried to take him out. Him, never using one, would have been retarded, his opinion changing once he thought the danger had passed and he thought was invincible, I can see that being true.
>>
>>51803833
>why would he lower himself to using the weapon of his enemies when he could literally hate them to death
His actor looked like he was having the time of his life. If you're playing a Sith Lord in a Star Wars film, hell yes, you're going to ask to have a lightsaber duel.
>>
>>51800000
What a waste of a get
>>
>>51803833

Well, it's still canon (and thus probably involves some G-level notes and ideas and shit) that the Sith are ultimately a splinter sect of the Jedi. It makes sense for them (especially in their tendency to go full ham) to retain the knowledge and use of a Jedi weapon and even enjoy turning their own design against them. Sheev would no longer have need of it sitting on his throne, he's top butt in the Galaxy. Jedi scrubs will no longer ambush him in his office.
>>
>>51802835
So is that spinning shit a Juyo move? Best lightsaber form confirmed.
>>
>>51804153
That's mainly Ataru, although they all seem to have some spinny shit to them.
>>
Will there ever be a universal light saber F&D class (like Recruit, Exile, and Emergent)?
>>
File: Gun.jpg (109KB, 339x509px) Image search: [Google]
Gun.jpg
109KB, 339x509px
Are there any places with small wars fought during the clone wars/dark times/GCW that I could have people run guns to? I have an Idea for an arms trafficker villain.
>>
>>51804315
Why would you need that?
>>
>>51804315
>>51804467
This is pretty much the truth. We might get form VII, but its going to be in a career book and not as a universal spec. If there was going to have been an universal spec, they would have put it in the core book.
>>
>>51803047
That doesn't mean Sidious knows Vaapad, moron.

That's like putting "Jewish/Christian" on a census, because one started out as the other.
>>
>>51803389
No. Fuck off with that Darth Jar Jar shit. It's not even a good theory.
>>
>>51804432
You can always just make up a planet.

Running guns for the Rebels would open up a lot of locations. You could also just be running supplies to a Hutt or the Black Sun who are actively engaged in sector wide gang wars. That would open up a lot of Hutt Space and the Outer Rim depending on who you wanted to get involved.
>>
>>51804432
The Upland Liberation Front on Haruun Kal.
>>
>>51805048
Yeah, I think I'll have a planet that went to civil war over the separatist issue, and my villain will have gotten his start there. Some small colony that wasn't important enough for the Republic to actually send forces. Probably ran guns for the Black Sun to the government who wanted to stay loyal, and then worked for said gov when the clone wars were over hunting refugees and rebels alike.
>>
>>51805046
You are no fun. A suberbly callous evil jar jar is best. He taught his apprentice how to hide in plain sight from jedi. He hid his power level beautifully from quigon and obiwan.

It would also explain why sheev acted so wierd around the queen in ep 1, not because of his "master plan" but becaused he knew hos master was travelling with the queen, which threw him for a loop.
>>
>>51805351
Also it was JarJar who mind wiped boss nass, instead of quigon, and jar jar was the one summoning all the fish (why would they care about such a tiny ship) to test the jedi's abilities.

Precision force work explains the "bumbling" that goes on, and all of his irritating tendancies are him gauging the jedi order's resolve and teaching methods to see if they are still at their old ways. He is the one who starts befriending anakin too, even before sheev or obiwan can.

His actions towards sebulla were an attempt to make him target anakin as a test to see if the boy could show true power even without training.
>>
File: yt1930.jpg (143KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
yt1930.jpg
143KB, 1200x960px
Don't mind me just being the best YT light freighter of all time.
>>
File: YT-2000 master race.jpg (81KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
YT-2000 master race.jpg
81KB, 736x552px
>>51805583
>dat mandible/cockpit arrangement
How many YT-2000 cockpits do you think she can take?
>>
>>51805666
I dunno satan, you tell me.
>>
>>51783284
Is the YVH droid and C3-P0 shooting the shit about emotions the best scene in EU material?
>>
>>51783600
>put actual retard in senatorial position
>blame him when he gets manipulated by the evil wizard that led a rebellion against himself in order to make himself space fuhrer
That's dumb.
>>
>>51800601
The Expanse is probably the best thing on tv right now. This second season has been everything I was hoping it would be.
>>
File: 2542b9930a446a5e38227253e0f66e2b.jpg (341KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2542b9930a446a5e38227253e0f66e2b.jpg
341KB, 1280x720px
>>51805908
Nahh Taboo is much better.
>>
>>51800237
Asmiov is a dry read. Like so many writers, he had his areas where he excelled and where he lacked. Science Fiction during his time wasn't noted do much for in depth character development and mannerisms or dimensions, but more noted for the science and existential quandaries of it. Asimov's writing isn't about multi-dimensional people who have faults and feelings and history to them. His writing is most often about taking apparently flawless ideas and poking holes in them and showing how fallable humanity is as a whole, even at it's best. This is why the whole 3 Laws of Robotics thing is such a hallmark for him, as well as Foundation. At first glance, and upon careful consideration, the 3-Laws seem to make sense and be a perfect limiter to stop an AI takeover. But he really implements it as a plot device and hilights situations where the 3 Laws fail spectacularly, while not actually failing at all.

Asimov is a sci-fi great not because of his depth of character, but rather because his work is one of the cornerstones to the existential crisis plots that permeate within the genre.
>>
>>51805036
Form VII is know as Juyo/Vapaad, on the wook, thats the form Sidious uses, asshole. I made the distinction between Juyo and Vaapad a comment or two later, they are essentially the same fighting style, so using both names seems to me, at least, to be correct. I honestly don't know why you commented because you should have read the WHOLE fucking thread before you commented, retard.
>>
>>51806198
No asshole Vaapad is a Juyo variation that only Mace Windo knows. Sidious doesn't know and wouldn't learn Vaapad. Don't get mad at me because you got BTFO.
>>
>>51806639
It's name is Form VII Juyo/Vaapad, asshole. Mace wasn't the only one to know Vaapad, he had students, and they all fell to the Dark Side, so it's fairly likely Sidious captured one and learned the weaknesses of Mace's style or the style itself. In fact We don't know half of the shit he did, no, we don't know an eighth of the emperor's life history, so it's plausible, in fact downright likely that Sidious knew both styles and used them, maybe he only used Juyo but it's still FORM VII JUYO/VAPAAD EITHER WAY.
>>
>>51806792
Sorry kid but you are completely wrong. Juyo is the main form and went by that for thousands of years until Mace and Sora Bulq adapted it into Vaapad. Those apprentices/Bulq all died so there wasn't any way for Sidious to learn Vaapad not to mention there is zero reasons for him to learn it since Sidious would never need to learn a style that is about shackling the Dark Side. Stop being a dumb piece of shit.
>>
>>51806792
In the old EU Mace Windu hunted down and killed his apprentices that turned to the dark side after learning vaapad. I'm sure Ol' Sheev watched holos of Windu fight though.

Vaapad is Juyo but Juyo is not Vaapad. Its a specialized application of the form which Windu developed himself. Part of the form is an application of the force, so its not necessarily something you could learn from just watching watching him in action.
>>
>>51806857
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_VII/Legends

.During the later years of the Republic, Jedi Master Mace Windu developed Vaapad with the aid of fellow master Sora Bulq, by drawing inspiration from the movements of a creature,[2] known as both the Vaapad and the Juyo,[18]
>>
File: mace windu punches a droid.png (165KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
mace windu punches a droid.png
165KB, 500x279px
>>51806857
Also, Palps is an old man. He's not exactly in the right physical shape to be doing Vaapad.
>>
>>51804432
Also, the Free Ryloth Movement during the GCW. Basically Twi'lek IRA. Or guns to Mon Cala and the Quarren Isolation Movement during the Clone wars.
>>
>>51806939
And how the fuck does that prove your argument that Sidious knows Vaapad? Juyo is the way of the Vornskyr while Vaapad is the way of the Vaapad. They are similar but not the same.
>>
>>51806987
They are the same form because Mace didn't do away with Juyo techniques, he added to them and modified some, Legends wise Sidious was a Master lightsaber fighter of extraordinary ability, all he'd need is access to Mace's holocrons, which he had, or even just a video of him fighting other Lightsaber users which he also had. There's no direct proof that he knew Mace's style specically and i never claimed that he did, only that he could, but I doubt that he didn't learn some of Mace's techniques to cover his weaknesses.

Besides I was only using the names as provided by legends canon sources, it is Form VII Juyo/Vapaad, the name is that it doesn't necessarily mean Sheev knew any of it (save for the Juyo parts).
>>
>>51807289
Yeah and I bet you think force speed/force sense are really what Jedi called those techniques. I even bet that you think shien/djem so are the same as well
>>
>>51807328
I've had enough of your bullshit, I was never saying that's what they called it in-universe.

Next time, don't strawman me.
>>
>>51807447
So you are basically admiting that your entire argument was complete bullshit? I am done replying to your continued stupidity.
>>
>>51806957
Eh, the Free Ryloth Movement is a bit too heroic for the character I'm thinking of, I want him to be a villain, and I'm not good with making sympathetic ones.
>>
>>51807532
No I'm done arguing with you, you're just baiting so with this image, have a horrible fucking day
>>
>>51807623
>>51807532
>>51807447
Serious drama in /swg/ today.

New discourse: Are there any spaceship designs you want to see out of The Last Jedi?
>>
>>51807654
Best fighter ever built. Mandos are pro at everything
>>
File: Errand Venture.jpg (120KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Errand Venture.jpg
120KB, 500x375px
>>51807654
Four T-65s and a HWK-290 parked in the hangar of a red ISD-II.
>>
File: poe-xwing2.jpg (130KB, 1280x713px) Image search: [Google]
poe-xwing2.jpg
130KB, 1280x713px
>>51807704
T65s suck my man. I want to see some t85s
>>
File: f-22 climb.jpg (220KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
f-22 climb.jpg
220KB, 1200x800px
>>51807722
>T-65s suck
Fuck off, Poe.

>T-85s
Only if their s-foils are set up in the classic style. T-70 foils are fucking disgusting. Extra points if T-85s are StealthXs.
>>
>>51807784
T-65: P-51 Mustang
T-70: F-85 Saber
T-85: F-100 Super Saber
>>
File: f4f.jpg (64KB, 802x538px) Image search: [Google]
f4f.jpg
64KB, 802x538px
>>51807831
>P-51
I'd say the T-65's more a Wildcat or Hellcat to complement the TIE Fighter's Zero.
>>
>>51807865
Would that make the E-Wing the P-51?
>>
>>51807889
Given its "Escort" designation, maybe, but I'm not so sure. The P-51 was never built to replace the Hellcat/Wildcat like the E-wing was supposed to do with the X. There weren't a whole lot of WWII parallels in non-film craft. Did the P-51 go through as many mechanical problems and poor design choices as the E-wing?
>>
>>51803748
>he thinks the problem with lightsabers is that they might be bad with them

How can someone miss a point so hard?
>>
>>51807944
The P-51 had a really bad reputation for not being that good and also being underpowered, until it was paired with the Merlin engine.
>>
Hey tg, does anybody know where i can find explosive crafting rules for ffg star wars?
>>
>>51807784
Nah my man t70s s-foils are pure sex. Visually impressive and remarkably efficient.
>>
>>51808044
Its a tarted up Headhunter
>>
>>51808070
So is the X-Wing.
>>
>>51807974
That's only a problem with Sidious, I could care less if Yoda was bad at it, I know what your problem is I'm saying it's not a legitimate point nor is it a problem.
>>
>>51797349
Why? Is it that bad of a ship?
>>
>>51808170
Gameplay wise, it's one of the worst ships in X-Wing. Comes with useful cards though. Gotta sell it somehow
>>
>>51808124
Then tell me, what is my point.

It should be good seeing you try to string it together through your glow stick loving brain for more than 2 minutes.
>>
>>51808044
>flimsy little baby s-foils
>boring, greeble-deficient design
She's the dullest starfighter I've ever seen. It's like someone took the T-65 and decided to rip out the charm and rugged, muscular, war-winning good looks for the sake of "modernity." It's like someone looked at a 1960s Mustang and said, "You know what? Let's make a successor to this car, and we'll do it by slapping the Mustang name on a Toyota Corolla."
>>
>>51808202
Guess it's a good thing I came here before I bought one. The model looks amazing
>>
>>51808070
Never understood the importance of s-foils to begin with.

Cooling?
Tactical maneuvering?

You can clearly just mount the extra lasers on the nose of a Z-95 and they are already hyperdrive ready.
>>
>>51808241
You think that both Yoda and Sidious would somehow be better characters if they were just Wizards, rather than Martial Wizards, that's literally the crux of your argument and it's not legitimate because they aren't and never will be just Wizards, and it's not a problem because them having those skills makes perfect sense, you don't have to like it, but it makes sense.
>>
File: super saber.jpg (257KB, 1800x1123px) Image search: [Google]
super saber.jpg
257KB, 1800x1123px
>>51808270
>flimsy little baby swept wings
>boring, greeble-deficient design
She's the dullest fighter jet I've ever seen. It's like someone took the F-85 and decided to rip out the charm and rugged, muscular, war-winning good looks for the sake of "modernity." It's like someone looked at a 1960s Mustang and said, "You know what? Let's make a successor to this car, and we'll do it by slapping the Mustang name on a Toyota Corolla."
>>
>>51808319
Gonna be honest with you, I also think the old Sabre looks sexier than the F-100.
>>
Post a better adventuring ship for intrepid rogues on the edge of the empire protip you can't!
>>
>>51808034

Other than grenades, I don't know if there are specifically explosive crafting rules. The rules to set explosives and most common types are in Dangerous Covenants.
>>
File: u-wing.png (651KB, 1872x740px) Image search: [Google]
u-wing.png
651KB, 1872x740px
>>51808419
>>
>>51808289

They radiate heat and help make the deflector envelope cover more - and some ships have additional repulsor coils and stuff in the mobile wings - that's not exclusively an S-foil thing.
>>
>>51808453
>flat
>useless wings
>no comforts
>people think you're a rebel
No thanks, I've got my turtle.
>>
>>51808315
That's not what I'm arguing.

I'm arguing that strength, true strength, is in something beyond yourself.

Both Yoda and Sidious don't use lightsabers because weapons (ALL WEAPONS) are powerless to the immaterial.

Even if Yoda learned how to use on 800+ years ago as a meditation tool, he abandoned it because knowledge makes such things trivial.
>>
>>51808453
I'm still not sure what the purpose of the swing wings is. It could just have stubby wings that don't jut out too far past the engines, and extend the prow out to make a U if they really wanted to have a U wing.
>>
>>51808529
Attack position: Repulsor arrangement makes it more maneuverable

Landing position: Repulsor arrangement allows for longer hovering and smaller turning circle
>>
File: HaloReach_-_Spirit.png (1MB, 1600x1020px) Image search: [Google]
HaloReach_-_Spirit.png
1MB, 1600x1020px
>>51808529
Yeah, but then Bungie's lawyers might have come a-knocking.
>>
>>51808519
That's not what you said though, it can't even be extrapolated from either post I linked, and I would point out neither of them are ever characterized as having that viewpoint in any current canon material. It might be cool, I agree, but better is debatable I have to disagree on that. Also, since neither Yoda nor Sidious are immaterial they would benefit from having the skill.
>>
Does anyone have the older Essential Guides scanned? I don't want the visual guides, I want the old black and white Droid, Vehicle and Weapon guides.
>>
>>51808833

They might be on hungry ewok, might means should.
>>
>>51808519
This is bullshit especially for Yoda. Did you forget in ESB when Yoda said the force is used for defense never for attack? Jedi should never use offensive force powers and stick to the lightsaber. Offensive force use is the domain of the Sith.
>>
>>51802264
It really helped that the Founding Fathers were all well educated men working on Enlightenment principles. The American revolutionaries caught lightning in a bottle really.
>>
>>51799786
>Canderous as a dirty commie
yeah right
>>
>>51804988
I'm really surprised that Warrior got Shii-Cho and not Juyo. I feel like we need that last saber style in the Warrior sourcebook when it comes out.
>>
File: jedi-surrounded-by-sith.jpg (130KB, 1200x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jedi-surrounded-by-sith.jpg
130KB, 1200x1024px
>>51809055
To be honest I feel that saber styles being linked to specific careers is retarded.
>>
>>51808928
Thanks anon!
>>
>>51809122
Agreed.
>>
>>51809122
You and me both. I still can't get over melee weapons like vibrorapiers not using agility. Imagine a fencer swinging around that super thin sword like a club.
>>
>>51809289
That guy was fucking cool. I can't find what episodes he was in though. Don't have much time because Netflix is taking off TCWs.
>>
>TFW your PS 4 Hired Gun kills PS9 Darth Vader in a range 1 shot
>>
>>51809122
>>51809289
>>51809307

So you'd prefer is Saber styles weren't a thing at all, I see.
>>
>>51809336
Oh shit really? I need to catch up.
>>
>>51809435
What the fuck? How did you come to that conclusion? Saber styles should have been skills that you can choose after you picked your career.
>>
>>51809482

Basically, design-wise would be that your styles ARE names of talent trees which can collect skills and talents which very well reflect the nature of the lore on the style - or they just aren't mentioned at all. Or you get like one talent which references it.

Or you play a different system, which is a perfectly legitimate choice. What, did you want them to write 7 universal talent trees then come up with 6 more trees for the actual career? That's retarded. It's not like crossing careers is hard you should get that much XP in a couple sessions of play.

>skills that you can choose after you picked your career.

Basically what they are already, cool.
>>
>>51808619
Bungie doesn't own Halo anymore, guy.
>>
>>51809307

Pretty sure you still need to actually hit people hard to hurt them and stuff, man. Actually fighting people doesn't involve tapping their safety gear with your thin foil.
>>
>>51808419

>people laugh at you when you land
>the local cantina guy jokes he doesn't serve your kind here
>shipjackers break in to shit on the controls not actually steal the thing.

Loronar crap, pass
>>
File: 1481054203530.jpg (9KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
1481054203530.jpg
9KB, 261x195px
>>51809634
>Bungie doesn't own Halo anymore
Fuck, I completely forgot. Let a man live under the delusion that things never moved past Reach.
>>
>>51809656
it doesn't take much to slide a blade into flesh.
>>
>>51809573
No I meant the saberstyles are actual skils like ranged heavy, melee or computers. Much better than the generic lightsaber skill which doesn't tell you shit.
>>
>>51810000

Yeah, but that's stupid. Then what about the other classes which offer Lightsaber as a career skill? Why the fuck should your skill with a lightsaber not carry over? Do all lightsaber styles not incorporate some starting basics anybody can use? Because Makashi to Soresu is not fucking pistols to rifles and you're fucking stupid if you think it is. And then it is what I just said, it's a meaningless distinction - might as well just make a note on your character sheet.

That and the effect you're talking about is modeled by the various "blah" training talents.
>>
>>51809435
That'd be my opinion on the matter, but it's pretty much irrelevant at this point. D6 best system.
>>
>>51809435
On that matter, when did the 'saber styles become a thing? From the Wook it seems it was a prequel invention.
>>
>>51810266
No the movies don't mention the saber forms.
>>
>>51810266
>when did the 'saber styles become a thing
Depends on what you count under the umbrella of "saber styles." I, Jedi had a concept called "Three rings of defense" way back in 1998.
>>
>>51810353
The 'Forms' in particular.
>>
>>51810266
>>51810328

I mean, like >>51810353 says there have been references to specific ideas and techniques of the lightsaber as a martial art for a while. The names and descriptions of the forms are specifically from an Insider article which was written by an IRL archaeologist consulting with an IRL fencer and distinctions went from there, though some other names and descriptors appeared before, such as Dooku using Makashi appearing in the AotC novelization.

And technically, they're referred to as "forms", which is the literal translation of the Japanese "Kata" which is specific choreography you practice to perform a skill (such as in several martial arts styles).
>>
>>51810266

BTW, WEGfag are you actually Pablo? He's expressed distaste with nerds wanking about saber forms on screen before.
>>
>>51810461
I am not. I have some major disagreements with how canon is panning out, namely the barren interim between the OT and ST and the blatant Jedi-wankery in Rebels.
>>
>>51810461
No WEG faggot is just an OT purist. While Hidalgo liked parts of the prequels.
>>
>>51810433
The detailed descriptions of the mainstream lightsaber forms as we know them today came from the Fightsaber article in Star Wars Insider 62 (published in late 2002 according to the Wook). So yeah, PT-era stuff. Jedi Outcast had its own simpler layout of lightsaber styles when it was released earlier that year, however.
>>
File: 1487545487230.png (104KB, 614x646px) Image search: [Google]
1487545487230.png
104KB, 614x646px
>>51810461
Nah this is Pablo and his list of SW films ranked from best to worst.
>>
So in the newest episode of Rebels, when Sabine says she'll find the one who should lead Mandalore, is she talking about Boba ?
>>
>>51810508
Boba isn't Mandalorian. He has no connection with them outside the armor.
>>
>>51810508
It's Fenn Shysa, Mandalore the Husbando returns!
>>
>>51810520
Despite his father being mandalorian, and spending his formative years raised as a mandalorian, and the fact the in the EU he was the Mandalore, sure.
>>
>>51810508

Nah, if Fett became Mandalor he wouldn't be chasing Han around in ESB, we're still like 5 years from V? It's probably whoever the nucanon Fenn "luck o' the mandos" Shysa is.
>>
>>51810131
Makashi and soresu are probably a million times more different than pistols to rifles idiot. Mastering different martial art forms are far more difficult and complex than learning how to shoot eithe a pistol or a rifle. Christ I've heard some dumb shit in this thread.
>>
>>51810546
You're referring to content from Legends.

Neither of the Fetts are Mandalorian in canon.
>>
>>51810561
The Kaminoans in Ep2 call Jango a Mandalorian.
>>
>>51810558

That doesn't actually come out in skill dice though, is the issue. You roll the skill to hit people with the saber - that part really isn't that different.

>>51810546

Jango no mango. He was disavowed by the government. Pablo says the Fetts "aren't mandalorian" though Jango said he was from Concord Dawn once.
>>
>>51810572
No, they don't. The word "Mandalorian" is not spoken aloud in any canon Star Wars material until TCW Season 2's Mandalore arc.

In which Jango is explicitly stated by the Mandalorian prime minister to have not been Mandalorian, just a pretender.

Which the idea that Jango isn't a Mandalorian is straight from George.

It actually takes Boba back to his roots as well - he was originally just a bounty hunter wearing the armor of the Mandalorian supercommandos, and that's all that he is now, again.
>>
File: Admiralty Disgusting.jpg (44KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
Admiralty Disgusting.jpg
44KB, 600x525px
>>51810505
>No Caravan of Courage
>No Battle for Endor
>>
>>51810561
Only the pacifist "New Mandolorians" don't consider Jango to be a true Mandolorian. He was a true mando, but refused to go pacifist. He is closer to the real mandolorians, and the mandolorians that exist at the time of Rebels than the Pussy Mandos are.
>>
>>51810610
>>51810572
>>51810561
>>51810520

Boba was also an incredibly shitty Mandalorian by most accounts of their culture until he got real old and Traviss went all "Make Mandalore Great Again".
>>
>>51810625
The prime minister was also working directly with Deathwatch, and Deathwatch never claims that Fett was a Mandalorian.

Again, not a single canon work has stated that Jango is Mandalorian. He isn't even necessarily from Mandalorian space - he's supposedly claimed to be from Concord Dawn, but it's not his birthplace.

And unlike in Legends, not just anyone can come out and say they're Mandalorian. You actually have to be part of their culture - which, again, the Fetts aren't a part of that culture in canon.
>>
Has WEGfag contributed anything to /swg/? Why is he allowed to have a name without getting shit on? From his posts he seems to be a hardcore and shameless casual. I want a name too!
>>
>>51809122
Just because it's tied to a specific career doesn't mean you can't take it

>Agh taking this specialization will cost 10 extra XP!!!!1!
>>
>>51810508

Bo-Kataan.
>>
>>51810674
I wanted to trip for a while, see what it was like. It was about a week or so? I can't remember when I started. Also, what did Redback do to get tripping rights, genuinely curious.
>>
File: c8b640531d077ff8716026ccd9aa2026.png (684KB, 757x1072px) Image search: [Google]
c8b640531d077ff8716026ccd9aa2026.png
684KB, 757x1072px
>>51810682
Its a fucking gameplay mechanic and a shitty one at that. Jedi having classes period is dumb as shit.
>>
>>51810756
The game is built around classes though. They are pretty versatile too so it's not like full on DND class wank
>>
File: thumbs up, again.gif (1MB, 510x326px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up, again.gif
1MB, 510x326px
>>51810508
whoever can wear the glove of cassius fett is the true mandalore
>>
>>51810756
I do kinda like how they do careers in this but the cost of buying new careers seems to get pretty steep in the long run, though I suppose prequel level Jedi are multi-thousand XP builds by that point.
>>
>>51810756
>Jedi having classes period is dumb as shit
fuck off. There are tons of different types of jedi, representing them without a class system is gay as shit.
>>
>>51810774
Classes are fine for things like bhs, pilots, soldiers but Jedi should be their own class.
>>51810800
Exactly my point. How is that warriors only get shii-cho? What about ataru what about shien/djem so and juyo?
>>
File: dark greetings.jpg (239KB, 700x1147px) Image search: [Google]
dark greetings.jpg
239KB, 700x1147px
>>51810776
But Cassus Fett was never Mandalore. Canderous' glove would be a more appropriate choice.
>>
>>51810749
Beats me how it all works. I just Namefag when it comes to book stuff and just lurk anon the rest of the time. I wrote some of the first Raithposts
>>
>>51810827
They are their own class. In fact they are their own several classes. Makes having an all force user party feel more diverse plus keeps balance with the other games in the system
>>
File: Anarchangel-Bobecc.jpg (18KB, 340x480px) Image search: [Google]
Anarchangel-Bobecc.jpg
18KB, 340x480px
>>51810855
So its just a gameplay mechanic designed to keep jedi in line with the mundanes I understand now.
>>
>>51810912
>Muh snowflake is too weak

Go back to Saga. If you want to play a prequels Jedi in FFG just start at higher XP levels
>>
>>51810946
If >>51810912 wants to go full power fantasy make a high level D6 Jedi, those guys are insane.
>>
>>51810962
Getting tired of FFG's bullshit I will give D6 a shot. Now just to convince my friends to switch.
>>
File: EwokJedi-GatORW.jpg (297KB, 646x600px) Image search: [Google]
EwokJedi-GatORW.jpg
297KB, 646x600px
>>51810962
Nah d6 fucking sucks and is completely imbalanced from a mechanical point of view. D6 plays like garbage and you need to be a math major with a calculator to get through the simplest of battles. #notmystarwars!
>>
>>51811045
I feel like this would be pretty fun to have stupid arguments like this but it might bring down the quality of the general.
>>
>>51811073
What quality?
>>
>>51811045
Nope. I know this is a bait post, but just so everyone knows - it's simple addition and plays as smooth as Colt 45.
>>
File: DL-44 Malt Liquor.jpg (94KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
DL-44 Malt Liquor.jpg
94KB, 630x630px
>>51811088
You truly belong with us among the clouds
>>
>>51793021
But then we have Luke actually overpowering and defeating Vader. Sure, the old Darth may have been in a weird, conflicted place mentally, but Luke sparring against him and holding his own on the DSII should tell you how far he's come as a duelist.

Ezra may show more "grace" and acrobatics, but the one time he faced Vader he got curbstomped pretty hard. Luke may not be as "flashy" as the old Jedi, but then again Vader isn't flashy either; he's precisely where he has to be when he has to with little effort. Luke emulated Vader, not the old Order, and it worked.
>>
>>51794641
Arguably Makashi is just as much, if not more inspired from actual fencing. Focus on blade-to-blade combat, forward-backward movement, rapier-like flourishes and the like.
>>
>>51802827
Seems like a mix of Form IV spinning acrobatics and Form VII's sheer chaotic strikes.
>>
>>51805583
My fraternal being from a motherly figure of nubian ancestry.
>>
File: warden-for honor.png (106KB, 364x650px) Image search: [Google]
warden-for honor.png
106KB, 364x650px
>>51811178
Luke is definitely the kind of guy who would deliberately ditch the flashy gimmicks of the OJO, and not just because the OT and PT had different fight choreographers. He's a farm boy and a soldier--he doesn't have time for fancy bullshit. He'd be far less interesting to watch than the OJO's absurd acrobatics, but he'd still be able to shut someone down by mastering the most fundamental aspects of swordsmanship.
>>
File: 1469822818733.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1469822818733.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>51811457
>>
File: Kaleesh--No Mask.jpg (31KB, 293x370px) Image search: [Google]
Kaleesh--No Mask.jpg
31KB, 293x370px
Hey /swg/, I was looking through the unofficial Species Menagerie and found it lacking Kaleesh. The other two players in my group are using other unofficial races, so I'm sure my GM will give it the green light. I just need help figuring out the racial stats.

Here's what I have so far from my research:

Characteristics: All 2's, except Agility 3, Presence 1

Wound Threshold: 11 + Brawn

Strain Threshold: 10 + Willpower

Start EXP: 100

Special Abilities/Skills: Kaleesh begin the game with one rank in Perception or Survival. Can't train Perception or Survival above rank 2 during chargen.

Dark Vision: When making skill checks, Kaleesh remove up to two black dice imposed due to darkness.

Now for the reasoning. Got all of this from Wookiepedia, mainly the Legends page on Kaleesh. Agility is increased due to the constant state of tribe warfare on Kalee, and Presence is decreased thanks to almost always wearing a mask in front of non-Kaleesh, or showing their bat face. Pic related.

Free point on Perception or Survival due to their hunting culture. Dark vision comes from the thermal pits below their eye sockets, helping them see in the dark. The most arbitrary parts were the Thresholds and Start EXP. I skimmed through the pdfs and books I have and really couldn't find a pattern. Gave them an extra Wound because of warrior culture. The only thing I noticed was that species seem to start with less EXP if they get a nice species ability beyond a free point or two in skills.

Anyway, thanks in advance anons!
>>
>>51811457
Is there any way to half-sword a vibrosword? Special gauntlets maybe?
>>
>>51811678
Maybe replace darkvision with the fearsome countenance ability from the zabrak?
>>
>>51811710
I don't think you'd need special gauntlets, just a pretty sturdy set of regular gauntlets. The vibration merely amplifies cutting power rather than granting straight-up armor piercing capabilities, IIRC.
>>
>>51811776
I'd say that, without some sort of vibration-nullifying/stabilizing tech, your hand inside the gauntlets would go numb in about five seconds.

And that shit isn't good for your bones in general. You'd end up with a bunch of microfractures from shit bumping around.
>>
>>51811928
This. Try holding a jack hammer bit with gauntlets I'm sure it won't be a pleasant experience
>>
what happens if i try to slurp a bit of mnggal mnggal
>>
>>51812424
It wouldn't be like a jackhammer. If anything, it would be like the vibro saws that are used to remove casts. Only much faster than that.
>>
>>51812572
You die and mnggal mnggal uses your corpse as a puppet until it rots away
>>
>>51812587
And still super uncomfortable.
>>
>>51808319
Isn't that what happened with the 80s and 90s Mustangs? They look fucking terrible.

>>51808419
The Loronar Explorer is the mom SUV of freighters. No guns, clearly not intended for smuggling.
>>
>>51813724

It's got twinned laser turrets.

The real dream is in the upgrades though - typical aftermarket is quad laser turrets and the proton torpedo launcher.

If the explorer is a mom SUV, then my players turned that bitch into a Secret Service SUV.
>>
>>51813724
>Isn't that what happened with the 80s and 90s Mustangs? They look fucking terrible.
yeah, kinda.
There's a reason that a lot of people I've met who are interested in muscle cars kind of don't acknowledge the existence of the years 1973-approximately 2005 (with the exception of a few firebirds)
>>
>>51813783
Just look at this. It fucking screams jap shit or generico European.
>>
File: 1416458970329.gif (3MB, 316x234px) Image search: [Google]
1416458970329.gif
3MB, 316x234px
>>51813724
>>51813783
>>51813896
>third and fourth generation mustangs
Thread posts: 376
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.