[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General: "Necromancy a shit" edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 47

File: Fight.jpg (226KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
Fight.jpg
226KB, 1095x730px
>New Unearthed Arcana: Warlocks and Wizards.
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/20170213_Wizrd_Wrlck_UAv2_i48nf.pdf
>Don't forget to fill out the official survey for Sorcerers.
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/ede55d46dded

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/...
>>51772756

Let's continue our shitslinging about undead.
>>
Reminder that paladins and clerics are a power fantasy for christfags.
> Oppose progress in real life because "muh traditions"
> Oppose it in the game too
Necromancer is a thinking man's character.
>>
File: PS_Kaladesh_Pyromancer.png (16KB, 321x283px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Kaladesh_Pyromancer.png
16KB, 321x283px
What are your thoughts on Planeshift: Kaladesh sorcerer archetype, Pyromancer?
>>
File: You fucked up.png (265KB, 460x483px) Image search: [Google]
You fucked up.png
265KB, 460x483px
>>51775894
Would you an entire party of tranquility monks?
>>
Undead are abominations that must be removed from this world.
>>
File: disgusted and disapointed pepe.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted and disapointed pepe.png
48KB, 400x389px
>>51775894
>Using Pathfinder art as the OP image for /5eg/
>>
Is there a 5e Tomb of Horrors?
>>
>>51775953
Not yet, but it will be updated to 5e in the upcoming Tales of the Yawning Portal adventure book.
>>
Enslaving elementals to create golems is just as evil as necromancy, if not moreso, since Necromancy is just using negative energy, but with elementals, you're enslaving a living creature.
>>
>>51775767
You've got to be real sure this is coming down from divine foreknowledge or something and not the dude's personal diary which may as well be fan fiction or how he works out his dark thoughts for all you know. Even then, you can't just walk up and stab him in the back. Assassination is bad. Call him a bitch-ass to his face, then shank him.
>>
>>51775950
Even before Pathfinder went Full Furry, they were already showing signs of deviancy.
>skeleton king about to rape some knight chick with his tentacle tongue
>>
>>51776019

>Even before Pathfinder went Full Furry,

What?
>>
A GOO Tomelock w/BoAS

What should be the go-to ritual spells for such a build? I want a Find familiar, but i'm complete lost on a second.
>>
>>51775941
Do you like fire? If so, it's okay.
>>
>>51775941
I'd only allow Halflings and Gnomes to take it.
>>
>>51775877
That's exactly the reason this is a problem.
'Once you have the spellcasting feature from more than one class...'

Nothing says you get the spellcasting feature at level 3. The way they wrote it does not tell you what level you get the spellcasting feature at or list it on the table. It just says somewhere you have spellcasting.
So we can only imply you get spellcasting right from the start, which fucks things over if you play a different partial caster. If you then play a dragonrider 1 / paladin3, you only get 1 level of spellcasting, whereas if dragonrider's spellcasting feature was specifically a level 3 feature, they'd have 2 levels of spellcasting.

>>51775882
It's very fucky, considering it's basically just a slightly nerfed fighter (the rider) and a beefed up fighetr (the dragon)

I could basically reconstruct this class by saying
'Okay, get a fighter, get rid of his extra ASIs, his action surge and he has to be an eldritch knight. Also he gets -1 hp/level, has less armour proficiencies so is probably going to be a dex fighter and for all of this he gets a big fucking dragon that might as well be an entire class and character in itself.'

Feels like it might've been better to have a fighter and give the fighter start with a baby dragon that grows oddly fast as he fights until he gets to use it later on.
>>
>Most people see necromancers as menacing, or even villainous, due to the close association with death. Not all necromancers are evil, but the forces they manipulate are considered taboo by many societies.
Page 118, Player's Handbook.

Now can all of you faggots, especially the ones preening about how necromancy isn't evil, please shut the fuck up?
>>
File: 1484627617142.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484627617142.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>51776130
And then this guy walks in like this and stops everything.
Fucking rulebook wizards.
>>
>>51776130
>especially the ones preening about how necromancy isn't evil
>Not all necromancers are evil
If Necromancy were evil, all necromancer would have to be evil.
But its kinda typical for this discussion for you losers to keep pretending you are somehow right even while actual text says you are wrong.
>>
>>51776130

That doesn't count in the Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>51776130
>Now can all of you faggots, especially the ones preening about how necromancy isn't evil, please shut the fuck up?
Except for how it says that necromancy is, in fact, not evil?
Are we at the stage where you point at things and randomly exclaim it proves your point despite not actually doing so?
>>
>>51776130
I like the idea of a character who is blind to the advice of his/her peers using necromancy to try and resurrect the dead in a desperate attempt to undo an accident of a loved one, or thinking they are close to finding a solution to disease - perhaps misguided, but certainly not the malicious 'raise an undead army for world domination' trope.
>>
>>51776130
PHB Page 212, Animate Dead has no [Evil] tag. End of discussion.
By RAW Necromancy isn't evil. Deal with it.
What you do in your personal setting is irrelevant to anyone else.
>>
>>51776209
Isn't FR the default setting?
>>
>>51776261
Neither does any spell in the game. Speaking of evil tags, can we talk about how 99% of undead in the Monster Manual, from a lowly zombie to a demilich, has evil alignment?
>>
>>51776324
>Neither does any spell in the game.
Correct, because no spell in the game is inherently evil. You figured it out genius.
>>
> Creating the undead through the use of necromancy spells such as animate dead is not a good act, and only evil casters use such spells frequently.

B-b-b-but muh necromantic utopia!
>>
>>51776345
Even if a spell was inherently evil, if a Paladin somehow was able to use it against an Evil foe, then the spell instantly becomes Lawful Good
>>
>>51776345
This is not how logic works, idiot. Nowhere in the PHB rape has an [evil] tag. Sure, there are no [evil] tags in this edition at all, and rape isn't even mentioned anywhere, but surely it means that rape is okay. Because I said so.
>>
>>51776362
>Utopia needs to be Good aligned
Not good=/= evil.
But keep trying.
>>
>>51776365
NANI?
>>
>>51776397
>This is not how logic works, idiot.
Clearly logic works by what you asserting being objectively correct despite there being nothing actually proving this.
Meanwhile outside of your butthurt delusions there are at least two instances discussing the moralitys of necromancy and neither of them call it a Evil act.
>>
>>51776401
> only evil casters use such spells frequently
Clearly reading big quotes is too hard for you, so I'll try to keep it simple.
>>
>>51776397
>>51776345
It's more salient to point out that there are no spell tags at all.

Are the Necrofags going to say
>durrr there's no [fire] descriptor on Fireball so it must shoot acid
SHUT UP LORE WIZARDS
>>
>>51776439
Except that makes no statement about the morality of the spell and only of those who frequently employ it?
By that logic all killing is evil because only evil people do it frequently.
>>
>>51776324
>>51776261
>>51776345
No spell in the game has a [Fire] tag. Therefore, no spell in the game is inherently fire-based.
No spell in the game has a [Cold] tag. Therefore, no spell in the game is inherently cold-based.
No spell in the game has a [Acid] tag. Therefore, no spell in the game is inherently acid-based.

No spell in the game has a fucking tag, you moron.
>>
>>51776439
So we're still doing the "I point at random quotes and pretend they say what I want them to rather than what they do"?
Only evil people use it frequently in the default setting because in it its a taboo actand only evil people are likely to break taboos frequently.
If it were evil it would just say "Animating dead is evil". They didn't do that and clearly on purpose, its not a oversight its a deliberate point of 'not' calling it evil.
>>
>>51776476
First of all, this is the dumbest thing I've heard from you yet, and this is quite an achievement. Second, even if your logic was correct, we would reach the conclusion that while necromancy is not evil, necromancers are.
>>
>>51776509
Okay to you babies because you were probably not yet literate before 4e, but before Animate Dead HAD a evil tag, thats what he was referring to.

>>51776540
>Second, even if your logic was correct
The logic ISN'T correct I was poiinting out that this line of logic is dumb you autistic moron. Holy shit how can you be this retarded?
>>
File: 1485133767322.gif (1MB, 700x366px) Image search: [Google]
1485133767322.gif
1MB, 700x366px
I have a bad case of the autisms and don't like any of the existing options for Artificers. Thoughts on this?

Otherworldly Patron- Arcane Creator
You have formed a pact with a powerful dood who knows how to construct stuff 'n sheeit. They might be a servant of a deity or other otherworldly being, a powerful artificer who's agreed to teach you some of their secrets in exchange for your loyalty, or perhaps your character stumbled across the research of a long deceased inventor or learned to construct things on their own through trial and error.

Spellz
1st - Catapult, Grease
2nd - Heat Metal, Find Traps
3rd - Lightning Bolt, Protection From Energy
4th - Fabricate, Stone Shape
5th - Animate Objects, Awaken

Arcane Creator- level 1 (Copypastad from Artificer)
blah blah stupid name here, it's probably a bad idea mechanically but makes more sense than CHA artificers.
When you choose this Patron at level 1 your spellcasting stat becomes Intelligence.
Tinkerer's Kit
You've created, or been given, a kit of useful tools.
You can use your action to go into your Tinkerer's Kit and find just the right tool. This tool can be no larger than 3 feet on a side and weigh no more than 10 pounds, and its form must be that of a nonmagical object that you have seen. The object is visibly magical, radiating dim light out to 5 feet.
The object disappears after 1 hour, when you use this feature again, or if it takes any damage (Using a tool for it's intended purpose does not cause damage, such as melting a lock with acid, however constructed tools cannot be used to make attack rolls on creatures).
Tool Expertise
Choose two types of tools. your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make with these tools.

(cont)
>>
>>51775894
Whats the best monk, in your honest opinion?
>>
>>51776572 (cont)

Arcane Creator- level 6
Superior Attunement
At 6th level, your superior understanding of magic items allows you to master their use. You can now attune to up to four, rather than three, magic items at a time. At 15th level, this limit increases to five magic items.
Crafted Armor
You gain proficiency with Medium Armor and gain a +1 to AC while wearing it, however must spend a short rest modifying it with arcane sigils or clockwork mechanisms before using it.

Arcane Creator- level 10
When you hit a construct with an attack, you deal additional force damage to it equal to your Warlock level.
Your understanding of magic items allows you to analyze and understand their secrets. You know the artificer spells Detect Magic and Identify, and you can cast them at will. You don’t need to provide a material component when casting identify with this class feature.
If you already know Detect Magic or Identify, or have the Eldritch Invocation: Eldritch Sight, you can instead learn 2 different level 1 spells, or can pick one different Invocation.

Arcane Creator- level 14

Starting at 14th level, you can use your arcane knowledge to bring Constructs under your control, even those created by others. As an action, you can choose one Construct that you can see within 5 feet of you. That creature must make a Charisma saving throw against your Warlock spell save DC. You have advantage on the check if the creature is Incapacitated. If it succeeds, you can't use this feature on it again until after a long rest and you take 5d10 Lightning damage. If it fails, it becomes friendly to you and obeys your commands until you use this feature again.

Intelligent Constructs are harder to control in this way. If the target has an Intelligence of 8 or higher, it has advantage on the saving throw. If it fails the saving throw and has an Intelligence of 12 or higher, it can repeat the saving throw at the end of every hour until it succeeds and breaks free.
>>
>>51776439
>flying brooms are evil, because only evil witches use such items frequently

Define frequently. So many times a month? Is it a rare cultural thing? Why are you fools trying to label this kind of argument logic?
>>
>>51776566
We know what he was referring to. It was a bad reference because nothing has a tag now.
>>
File: 1485244349266.png (1MB, 788x872px) Image search: [Google]
1485244349266.png
1MB, 788x872px
This thread in a nutshell.
>>
>>51776566
>but before Animate Dead HAD a evil tag, thats what he was referring to.
Yeah, and?
>>
>>51776566
Except he was referring to page 212 in the PHB, where Animate Dead can be found.

The only PHB in which Animate Dead can be found on page 212 is the 5e PHB and we're in fucking /5eg/.

So no, he wasn't referring to anything else. He was referring to 5e's Animate Dead under the assumption that 5e still had tags for spell categories. In other words, he's a fucking moron.
>>
If you use Awaken on something made with Animate Objects, does it remain "alive" even after Animate Objects ends?
>>
>>51776610
Sophistry. Are you really that desperate?
>>
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever inverse magic circle + planar binding the Abbot of krezek to force him to fight strahd with you?
A deva is really fucking useful in that fight.
Seems like the castle or amber temple would have the shiny gems required for the spells.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12360781
None of you will be changing your mind any time soon, so let's just settle this.
>>
>>51776671
Strahd is a complete wuss, and bringing Abbot with you is akin to bringing a gun to a fist fight.
>>
>>51776671
>Has anyone ever been a wizard
Yes
>Has anyone ever been a GOOD wizard?
Probably not.
>>
>>51776659
Your quote very explicitly does not equate necromancy and evil, just the greater share of an undefined number of individuals using it.

Demonstrate some literacy before accusing me of sophistry.
>>
>>51775940
It's 2017 you guys. Why haven't you made undead immune to radiant damage? They're literally neither good, nor evil.
>>
File: I'll rough you up.png (226KB, 331x418px) Image search: [Google]
I'll rough you up.png
226KB, 331x418px
>>51776726
>yfw it was just one person complaining necromancy is evil
>>
>>51776786
Why would their alignment have any affect on resisting Radiant damage?

reminder that Paladins are just as weak to Radiant as skellingtons.
>>
>>51776619
Hey! Leave Steve out of this, he deserves better.
>>
File: Political compass.png (81KB, 335x375px) Image search: [Google]
Political compass.png
81KB, 335x375px
>>51776775
>>
>>51776797
What are you talking about? It's a perfectly even split. Between all options, actually.
>>
>>51776843
>Immediately after I posted that it goes from 1 to 4 votes
>What are you saying? It's perfectly even.
Nice try, samefag. Not as if strawpoll isn't easy to manipulate.
>>
File: sOxFkx6.gif (518KB, 319x220px) Image search: [Google]
sOxFkx6.gif
518KB, 319x220px
>>51776829
It's a good thing you found a meme with all those words, making a real argument would have been REALLY HARD.
>>
>>51776874
> Everything I don't like is rigged
Maybe the real problem was you replying literally two minutes after the poll was posted.
>>
>>51776726
>conflating "necromancy" with "creating undead"
How did you fuckers ever make it through Wizard School

>okay /5eg/, is transmutation the school of pyromancy?
>but it's got a spell named "pyrotechnics" and plenty of fire damage spells!
>>
>>51776886
Isn't it funny how necromancy fans and nazi defenders argue in the exact same way?
>>
Spellcasters that key off con when?
Dexcasters when?
Musclewizards when?
>>
>>51776948
I'm on the "fuck necromancy and necromancy people" side of the issue, but holy shit, you're dumb.
>>
>>51776976
Not an argument. :^)
>>
Doesn't all this necromancy crap follow /tg/'s golden rule?

Depends on the mother-fucking setting.
>>
File: 1481262990197.png (83KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
1481262990197.png
83KB, 300x249px
>>51776655
>Think I found something cool to do with Awaken and Animate Objects
>Realize I'm retarded and Awaken only works on Beasts and Plants
>>
>>51776995
Neither is Godwin's law. There's not a single person alive on this planet, who hasn't been compared to a nazi or even literally Hitler at least once.
>>
>>51777001
But we always default to Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>51776950
I could reasonably see a bloodmage class keying off con. Vitality being the source of your magic and shit.
>>
>>51777045
Well it's evil in the Forgotten Realms under 99% of circumstances. Always has been.
>>
>>51775940
Even if one personally believes necromancers with Skeller Skwadz are evil, paladins and clerics of whatever alignment are not even 0.1% obligated to give them shit.
>>
File: evildetectingdog.jpg (149KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
evildetectingdog.jpg
149KB, 760x596px
http://www.strawpoll.me/12360879
Time to settle this once and for all.
>>
>>51777043
There's a board on this website that's dedicated to unironically defending nazis on a regular basis. And they argue in the exact same way. That is literally true and there's nothing your meme law can do about it.
>>
>>51775970
>>51775940
>>51776209
>>51776324
>>51777066

Wow it sure is irrelevant moral concepts from defunct editions in here!

5e just reverted to the TSR era blurb on it.
>>
>>51777134
Godwin's Law is meant to stop people from making ridiculous Nazi comparisons.
>people who like chocolate ice cream better than strawberry are literally Hitler
It's real different when you can take Nazi-related headlines from 1943 and swap all the nouns with current political groups and figures and you wind up with certain people going "hell yeah this is great news".
>>
>>51775958
>Maybe if you get 3 or 4 short rests a day and you don't have any need to conserve your spell slots right until the end of the day for a boss fight or anything.
The 20 warlock does ~34.3 damage a round against AC 19 without smiting. He uses Hexblade's curse and attacks.

The warlock 3/valor bard 17 does 25.75 a round without smiting, but can bump that up to 38.175 for some time by casting magic weapon (+3). He casts Booming Blade and uses Battle Magic to attack again.

The warlock3/sorcerer 17 does 17.6 damage a round without smiting, but can boost that to 25.825 with magic weapon (+3) and double either with quicken. That's 35.2 or 51.65. He also casts booming blade.

They all need 20 Str with the Cursebringer Greatsword, and the warlock needs 20 charisma. Clearly it is the other caster that is hoping to save all their spell slots until the boss fight at the end of the day.

With 20 Cha, Eldritch Blast does 28.4 damage per round (so 56.8 quickened), or 44 damage per round for the Hexblade with their curse.
>>
File: quK30Kq.gif (835KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
quK30Kq.gif
835KB, 500x375px
>>51776948
>>51776995
Wow, sophistry was a big word for somebody as bad at this as you seem to be. I'm impressed.
>>
File: 1453310473273.jpg (13KB, 247x243px) Image search: [Google]
1453310473273.jpg
13KB, 247x243px
Alright, here I go.
>alignment
>negative energy
>positive energy
>negative/positive energy tied to alignment
>alignment/positive/negative energy tied to morality
>objective morality
>good
>evil
>beyond good and evil
>d&d
>gygax
>AD&D
>3.X
>PF
>4e
>Forgotten Realms
>>
>>51777249
I think you quoted the wrong posts there silly.
>>
>>51777249
You are not arguing with one person. I was the one who talked about sophistry.
>>
>>51777206
Considering the other characters might not even need to use +3 magic weapons given their DM 'might' give them weapons at points (Which kinda invalidates warlocks' new weird 'make a magic +1/+2/+3 weapon' deal) it might cause the damages to balance out. Obviously DM depends on that.

I think the real tactic is to eldritch blast when you're not smiting. But that causes some invocation limitations.

Hmm..
Probably go for Oathbreaker11/Warlock3/(Sorcerer or bard)6 then. You get all the damage output, the improved smites and some extra spell slots.
>>
>>51777272
how do I upgoat this?
>>
>>51776103
Detect magic is popular. Alarm if you're paranoid. Identify if your DM makes you have to use it. Unseen Servant is amazing. There's too many to list them all by memory though. You'll always want more.
>>
File: uEEsYB4.gif (650KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
uEEsYB4.gif
650KB, 500x324px
>>51777276
>>51777329
That would explain the drastic drop in quality, I suppose. Proceed with your infighting until you've got a better argument, then.
>>
>>51775894
>>51776019
ohhh, its a mohrg
>>
Do you guys all use the basic character sheet? I know 3.5/PFE had a bunch of alternate sheets and some of them looked pretty nice.
>>
>>51777501
Not an argument.
>>
>>51777395
Right now you have to summon cursebringer to be able to smite, so it's always a normal pact greatsword. You can't make any old +3 greatsword a cursebringer.

I also fucked up the warlock's damage. It's 42.3. I had dropped the extra stat's +5 when I put it in the calculator.

I can't disapprove of Oathbreaker, but you will probably find you lack spell slots with that.
>>
File: servant.png (355KB, 402x702px) Image search: [Google]
servant.png
355KB, 402x702px
What do you think of my latest retarded idea? I like the ability however I feel it's not really in a good place for the existing Artificer.

This is intended to replace the Artificer ability with something else, probably an ASI so if they want they can pick it up as normal (with slight buffs) or an appropriate Feat for their archetype, such as Sharpshooter for a Gunsmith.

If I do decide to go about this I'd probably make an entire new construct archetype probably based off the UA Beast Master.

Also I forgot to add- a prerequisite should probably be "proficiency with one appropriate type of Artisan's Tools matching the material you intend to use, Arcana, and Tinkerer's Tools."

Does that seem like overkill?
>>
>>51777666
At least you can use the invocation to make it +3.
>>
File: Capture.png (50KB, 396x507px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
50KB, 396x507px
>>51777699
You know I just noticed, the reason the CR doesn't scale is probably because there is literally only one Large Beast greater than CR2, and it's the CR3 Giant Scorpion.

How about that. Feel free to disregard the CR bit I added then.
>>
>>51777272
>beyond good and evil
Hey, it wasn't bad.
>>
>>51777558
I use the basic sheet, but I don't use the rollled personality shit. I want a sheet with more inventory space.
>>
>>51777558
I use an Excel sheet with multiple pages, and put whatever I need on them.
>>
>>51777558
I use a spreadsheet, so I don't have to remake everything at each level up.
>>
>>51777711
Yes, and the warlock does. Everyone else can just cast Magic Weapon on it.
>>
File: restless.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
restless.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Alright motherfucker it's homebrew time.
Rip my shit a new one.
>>
>>51777882
Of course, you only get one concentration keyword effect, and not for long if you're a front liner, so advantage to the warlock.
>>
Is it possible to be a debuff/buff focused wizard, or does the concentration mechanic hamper that too much?

If so, what's the best school for it?
>>
non-physicist here.
Is it true you could use Heat Metal to make a jet turbine?
>>
>>51777948
Debuff is the vanilla approach and yes it is great.
Transmuter would be the ideal buff choice. Polymorph the weakest link in the party to something amazing.
>>
the hexblade expanded spell list is so shit lmao

blink, phantasmal killer, cone of cold, and destructive wave

everything else is just total garbage useless

who had the idea to put smite spells on the list when the class has built in super smites?

shield is only good if you have spell slots to spare like a wizard

magic weapon and elemental weapon cant be cast on your pac weapo if you take the invocations to improve it so its counterproductive idk what they were thinking
>>
>>51777990
But if your whole gimmick is polymorphing yourself, wouldn't a Moon Druid be a better choice?
>>
File: 1413004952912.jpg (101KB, 354x380px) Image search: [Google]
1413004952912.jpg
101KB, 354x380px
I'm dumb and don't understand how spells and spell slots work for multiclassing.
>>
File: Shrieking Terror.jpg (115KB, 506x786px) Image search: [Google]
Shrieking Terror.jpg
115KB, 506x786px
What monster from 3.5 do you want them to bring back? For me, it's this guy.
>>
>>51777666
Eh, it's 5 levels of spellcasting, + up to maybe 6 levels of spellcasting from a sorcerer/bard multiclass and two level 2 spell slots from warlock.
You should have plenty of smites.

The big deal is you're lacking spells like foresight in the lategame, but, eh.

What the other classes could do is have the smite longbow ready and instead of using it use some other weapon until they need to smite things.

Honestly, I'm not too keen on the new 'bladelock' either way. It's just a big pile of mechanical in-fight benefits with little regard for things like utility, which is what I feared they would make.
And I guess that's okay. It's somewhere between a warlock and a fighter, squishier and riskier, but...

I'm not sure how to feel, and I definitely don't like the prospect of allowing UA multiclasses with it, especially when it's essentially charisma shillelagh at level 1.
>>
>>51778097
Follow the multiclass spell slot list for spell slots. You can only know/learn spells that you could learn as if you weren't multiclassed, this means you can't take 1 level in Cleric and know 9th level cleric spells. You can cast any spell you do know in any slot of the appropriate level, or a higher level (as normal).
>>
>>51778186

Is a 4/1 character considered 5th level for the sake of cantrip damage going up a tier?
>>
>>51778277
Yes. Cantrip damage is based on character level, not class level. You can be a level 5 barbarian with magic initiate and have 'advanced' cantrips.
>>
>Join first 5e group
>There's a chaotic stupid barbarian
>Brace for "That Guy"
>Other than his obsession with carrying a tree around, was rather tame and calm

Dodged a bullet with that one.

Also, how effective is Investiture of Flame? Line spells seem rather weak, and at that level it seems more productive just to throw Fire Bolts everywhere instead
>>
>>51775953
>Is there a 5e Tomb of Horrors?
As was said before, Tales of the Yawning Portal will have it, but there currently exists a D&D Next conversion that was published in Dungeon Magazine issue 213, and it seems to work pretty closely with the finalized 5E rules.
>>
>>51775941
It's a refluff and rearrange storm sorcerer.
>>
File: 1475546861754.jpg (35KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1475546861754.jpg
35KB, 601x601px
>>51778303
>yfw I always play the most disruptive party warping "That Guy" chaotic stupid barbarians
>>
>>51775941
Refluff into elementalist
Allow you to take for any element, even poison
Let you take 2 additional elements by the end of it. Either that or downgrade non-resistance into vulnerability as well.
>>
>>51776019
Isn't that just a normal Mohrg with some swag gear?
>>
One of your players approaches you, wanting to play a Four Elements monk.

He asks if he can have all four "Manipulate (Element)" cantrips at level one for free.

Do you give it to him?
>>
>>51776130
>Most people see necromancers as menacing, or even villainous, due to the close association with death. Not all necromancers are evil, but the forces they manipulate are considered taboo by many societies
I don't see the word "evil" there except as an explicit denial of the idea that they're all evil.
>>
>>51778901
Sure. He's gonna hate FE Monk anyway, might as well let him have SOMETHING.
>>
>>51778901
Yep, but make it clear he won't be able to kill anything with them easily. ie: manipulate the water in a creature's body, pull the air out of their lungs, etc.
>>
So is Artificer (Gunsmith) actually any good?
>>
File: stronghold-merchants-01.png (6MB, 1736x2456px) Image search: [Google]
stronghold-merchants-01.png
6MB, 1736x2456px
Walrock here. I started making a thing and didn't know when to stop.

It's officially too big to post on 4chan.

Send help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwF09f1afXWlUHdodjh2dENmdVk/view
>>
>>51775943
OMG YES
>>
>>51775941
>Adapt a setting all about creating magical items
>Dwarves are literally portrayed as super tinkers and shit
>Not a single mention about the Artificier in the book
>Some random and bizarre small as fuck Sorcerer archetype WEEKS from a UA who had an extremely similar archetype in concept

I don't even know anymore man.
>>
>>51776829
To be perfectly fair getting hard for a 14-16 year old is actually legitimate as fuck because at that point they're completely ready on the physical level to have kids i.e. for porking. People go through puberty a lot earlier these days, too, so it's excaberated even more than normal.
>>
>>51777907

Solid idea, but it's a massive pain in the ass to convert "restore 1/6 of your long rest resources" into anything meaningful.

You have a good beginning, but you need to follow through with it. Say I'm a level 5 Wizard / level 4 Battlemaster fighter. How do I know what I get back?
>>
>>51775941
>two options about negating resist/immunity to fire

Why do that when there's literally a feat for the exact same thing? For the two dudes out there who play without feats for some reason?

Terrible design.
>>
>>51775941
Actually seems good if you use the standard Spell Points and Metamagic fixes. Can throw super fire spells all day long.
>>
>>51778955
What am I looking at here? You made all this shit?
>>
File: Aiba Ryosuke.jpg (113KB, 800x806px) Image search: [Google]
Aiba Ryosuke.jpg
113KB, 800x806px
>>51779046

Aside from the art, yes.
>>
I'm thinking about playing a Lizardfolk, how should I go about playing a swamp druid?
>>
>>51779074
Mossy
>>
Fuck it ill throw in my reasoning for specifically creating undead being evil (shit like ray of sickness is as neutral as a fireball). All the undead you can make in 5e are evil they aren't constructs who if you don't maintain control of them they just stand there, an skeleton or zombie will kill any living thing the find and ghouls will sneak around and eat people. This is the defining difference creating and animating undead is bringing evil creatures into the world and this at best makes it irresponsible as fuck.
>>
>>51778955
Bruh. Dude. You ever think of selling this to WotC, or their "Bookshelf"?
This is rather impressive.
>>
>>51779105
However, this argument all started because someone wanted to make these undead but with sort of 'exploding collars' that will kill them the moment they lose control over them.

Does that make it evil then if they have an incredibly reliable countermeasure against it and/or they're extremely responsible?

A few people were still saying 'yes, it's still evil' for reasons like 'the fact you're bringing evil into this world is evil, full stop, it doesn't matter what you do to try and negate that'.
>>
>>51778955
>Clean and pure water is of atrocious quality

What? Maybe you should rearrange and rename your quality tables so there's a "simple" or "basic" category.
>>
>>51779036
What metamagic fixes?
>>
File: 16_vmeignaud_demystify.jpg (306KB, 1000x717px) Image search: [Google]
16_vmeignaud_demystify.jpg
306KB, 1000x717px
>>51779133

Been looking for openings at WotC, but dang if it isn't hard to get noticed.

I should probably look at doing DMsguild one of these days, that seems to be their secret hiring platform for D&D. Didn't want to do it because I don't have a huge interest in selling my work, but it seems like that's what WotC is looking for.

>>51779163

"Atrocious" isn't always in reference to the quality of wares as much as the lack of selection. In that case, that's the basic idea.

Point taken, though. Looks like I have room for both a dirty water and clean water option on that particular list.
>>
>>51779209
Give them all of them at level 3 is the one I see around. My group does 4 at level 3 and the rest at level 8
>>
Where do you guys play? In person or over the internet? I've been looking for a game online but all I find are people who aren't so friendly or games that die after 1 night of play. Please help.
>>
>>51779262
Both, depending on circumstances.
But my group is all close friends and the occasional girlfriend, so I can't really help you.
>>
>>51779066
it's a lot to take in but on the face of it i like it. wish there were rules on purchasing and developing land tho
>>
>>51779152
The "Exploding Collars" if they exist in the setting would probably remove the whole risk factor and make necromancy safer.

But this just removes the whole thing of necromancy the whole mans folly and hubris and messing with forces that should be left alone. What makes necromancy interesting is that it is dangerous and slowly drives the user to more and more abhorrent acts to grow their power. Without it whats the point of it why not just make only golems with rocks and wood

If you remove the tragedy and inevitable "bad end" that comes with the use of undead it just comes off as "wow im so much smarter than these superstitious fools" and edgy for no real reason beyond being a contrarian.
>>
>>51779230
dog forreal this is impressive as hell and i plan to use it
>>
How much do you allow your players to refluff spells?

Would you let them change the elemental damage type of a spell?
>>
>>51779359
If they're turning firebolt into frostbolt, there's no problem. Also, thematic refluffs are fine E.g., one of my PC's once played an over-the-top autistic meme naruto ninja mage, and he had fire shurikens instead of firebolt
If they're turning firebolt into forcebolt, then there is a problem, since force is an objectively better element than fire/frost/lightning/poison.
>>
>>51778955
I LOVE IT.
>>
>>51778961

>Weeks

it's been a week. a single week. also, he does mention the artificer in the opening paragraph. particularly how he feels it shouldn't be restricted to a class. He even links to the UA.

>dwarves are portrayed as super tinkers and shit

yeah that's what they are in the card game

don't get what you're complaining about really
>>
>>51779397

So frost/thunder/fire are fine to swap, but not necessarily like...force/radiant/necrotic?
>>
>>51778955
Page 2, personality trait 1 is misspelled. It says "great" people instead of "greet" people.
Sorry, I had to say it
>>
>>51779359

Barring a class feature like the new Lore Master, I might let them change an elemental damage type, so long as it's a permanent effect, and not too often. It depends on the circumstances - is the player playing an acid dragon sorcerer? Not many acid spells there, so I'd be more willing to throw them a bone, for example.
>>
File: robo wasp.png (240KB, 668x732px) Image search: [Google]
robo wasp.png
240KB, 668x732px
Probably done a lot by now, but how does this sound?
>Artificer Gunsmith
>Mounted Combatant
>Sharpshooter
>Giant Eagle (Made into a giant jet-powered robot Wasp that the user can ride in)
>Fly around with your mount granting Advantage on all your Sharpshooter attacks

Seems like a good way to tempt the DM into "rocks fall, you die", but it'd be rather fun and certainly seems like it'd be effective.
>>
>>51779420
Yeah, necrotic/radiant/acid damage are pretty rarely resisted
Force is almost never resisted.
I would allow "downclassing" the elements-- that is, turn force into fire/radiant/etc.
Honestly, though, that's just what I would do.
Just make sure it makes sense thematically, that's the most important part.
>>
>>51779338
Well, you have the bad end in that many people aren't going to be very accepting of it.

You animate the corpse of their dead relatives or they mistake you for an evil necromancer. Evil necromancers might not care enough to spend money on whatever magical prevention devices they need for their zombies, so they'll let them run amok if they get free.

You also have to find corpses often enough, which already puts you to question as either a graverobber or a murderer.

Even if you manage to do it in a not-evil way, it might still end up with a bad ending.
>>
>>51779451
Actually I misread Mounted Combatant in that it only gives advantage on melee attacks, but it's still worth it so you can tank for your jetpack.
>>
>>51778995
You'd get half your superiority dice, second wind, action surge, etc back and 1/6th of your spell slots at each level back.
I'll make sure to clarify that though, thank you.
>>
>>51779498
you make a good point sir i like you.

I concede that in setting with such counter measures such a thing would be a neutral act and not evil if the proper precautions are taken.
>>
File: 1486654554262.jpg (146KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1486654554262.jpg
146KB, 1280x1280px
Give me a class for this little guy. Of course the race is going to be Lizardfolk.
>>
>>51779800
For something tiny you should instead use Kobold stats.
>>
>>51779359
I don't know how Elemental Adept measures up compared to other feats or +2 to your casting stat but I figure anyone committed enough to the theme to take it should be able to cast at least one spell of each spell level that does that type of damage.
>>
File: 5esplasheffect.png (979KB, 599x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5esplasheffect.png
979KB, 599x1080px
Sup, /5eg/.

I'm working on some homebrew stuff using Natrualcrit. I'm wondering if anyone has art assets or brushes for Gimp/Ps that allow you edit images to have the splash effects like pic related.

I've been trying to find something like this without any luck.
>>
>>51775941
>Player class
>Innate immunity to anything

Instantly broken. Immunities should stick to inconsequential things (disease, hunger, etc) or limited to rare, expensive and easy to break magical items.
Even at level 18 a Pyromancer makes a Red Dragon look like a joke because "lol wat is a breth" and Mage-armor/shielding all physical attacks.
>>
>>51779867

Well there's always these.

https://mega.co.nz/#!DMcEhRQI!RdV02Wqy4hThUxcxQVg1_pz_OGZARFgibZ38moSc5p8
>>
File: tumblr_odlyx9NMcK1rv3tnjo5_1280.jpg (185KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odlyx9NMcK1rv3tnjo5_1280.jpg
185KB, 1280x1280px
>>51779816
I refuse to take a -2 strength
>>
File: Alexandra Khitrova.jpg (161KB, 1024x1345px) Image search: [Google]
Alexandra Khitrova.jpg
161KB, 1024x1345px
>>51779427
Baaaaaaah. Fixed it.

I'm expecting a ton of those little errors, considering how much new stuff I written.

If only my Photoshop's spell check worked.
>>
>>51779800
Apprentice wizard, or a sorcerer, or maybe even a druid. Or a haphazard warlock.
>>
>>51778955
Wow! Thats quite impressive, consider putting some stuff up on DMsguild I think you might garner some nice traction with how well this is put together.
>>
>>51778955
Hey, I'm the guy who offered the verbiage change on your enchantments page the other day. I really like the whole product, I'll give it a read through.

I'm also asking this question here >>51779867 How are you getting those effects on the art? Did you find it like that or are you modifying it?
>>
>>51775940
I'm an Agnos, and I always play clerics and paladins and shit. It's nice to live for something, even if it's only pretend.
>>
>>51779905
Why not? The dude looks like a caster. What does having 6 Strength really cost you if your not running into the fray an just casting spells?
>>
>>51779877
My biggest worry is they can nuke the shit out of the field and shrug it off. I use the spellpoint variant and that's a lot of quickened fireballs and twinned flamebolts they can throw without caring about the AoE.
>>
>>51779922
>>51779885
>>51779867
Thanks, I was able to find it!
>>
File: tumblr_odlyx9NMcK1rv3tnjo7_1280.jpg (139KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odlyx9NMcK1rv3tnjo7_1280.jpg
139KB, 1280x1280px
>>51779975
It's the principle of the matter. Aside from Orc no other race gets a negative modifier. I refuse to be discriminated against!
>>
Anyone know where I can find magic item artwork? Thinking about making cards for my players for when they aquire something beyond "+1 sword".
>>
File: iwholeheartedlyrefuse.png (28KB, 240x193px) Image search: [Google]
iwholeheartedlyrefuse.png
28KB, 240x193px
>>51780028
>its okay for orcs

DnD really is a bastion for subconscious racism.
>>
File: 1474441157884.png (1MB, 625x729px) Image search: [Google]
1474441157884.png
1MB, 625x729px
>>51780073
>subconscious
>>
>>51776019
He failed in his attempt to rape Iomedae, and he's been sleeping off the disappointment ever since
>>
>>51776111
Why?
>>
>>51779922

Walrock here, I was actually >>51779885 right there.

That's the font/brush pack I use. Well, sort of - I've added more fonts since then, but the brushes haven't changed much.
>>
>>51778955
>>51779230
That's definitely the next step. Just make sure to sort the art out first to make sure it's all okay to be in there and properly credited where needed, if you haven't done that already, and set it as pay-what-you-want to have it effectively be tips on top of it being free. It's definitely important to have a successful project under your belt, and this is the way to do that.
>>
>>51779800
>>51779905
>>51780028
This guy does some cool reptiles.
>>
>>51780317
>Walrock

It's called Wall of Stone you dimwit :^)
>>
So I'm playing a casual campaign with some friends of mine. I rolled a goliath fighter, full combat built, personality basically revolves around honorable combat and fighting, build reflects this. None of them are into the combat, game mechanics, or anything.

Party basically wants to play pacifist, avoiding combat at all costs. My character is criminally out of place and the DM rarely forces combat situations.

Wat do?
>>
Can somebody sell me on Tritons? They have cool abilities but nothing else about them seems very interesting.
>>
>>51780626
Seems like you're over-ruled by the rest of the party. Would it be no fun to change characters?

It'd be easy to roleplay your goliath having a falling-out with the rest of the party, and introducing a new guy after. Maybe you can float the idea to the DM that he can set up your goliath to come back as the BBEG.
>>
>>51780626
Fabricate a secondary interest. I had a super combat barbarian that decided that he was going to become an entrepreneur, and a diplomat for the orcish people despite starting off as a gladiator.
>>
>>51780626
Play the role of badass bodyguard who is there to be emotional support and if the going ever gets tough, you are their ace in the hole.

Also, question why the fuck are you playing a D&D campaign without combat.
>>
>>51780626
Do you enjoy it?
If yes, work it out.
If no, kill your character and leave the game until they decide to actually play D&D.
>>
>>51780655
you're a warhammer fantasy battle style high elf but even more up your own ass. also you're confused by not being able to float upwards
>>
>>51776751
/k/ here, I approve
>>
Okay, so going through the NPC stat blocks, realizing that a lot of the CRs are off. Sorry if others have posted something like this before.

Like Berserkers are actually a CR of 1, not 2.
Guards are a CR of 1/4, not 1/8.
Knights are a CR of 2, not 3
Thugs are a CR of 1, not 1/2

Has anyone run into any problems with this?
>>
>>51780922
The final CR of monsters in the MM were determined through playtesting and earlier versions of the CR calculation rules in the DMG. For thugs, Pack Tactics was not taken into account for the final CR. Not sure what's up with guards or berserkers--they might have just been felt tougher (for berserkers) or weaker (for guards) than their calculated CR and adjusted accordingly.

Knight does actually work out to CR 3, though. https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/crcalculator.html#3,52,18,20,5,false,Medium,8,14,false,0,false,0,traits:,MFParry
>>
>>51780218
Because the textblock is small
>>
>>51781001
Oh shit, you're right about the Knight. Either way, thanks for the explanation. But for things like the Thug, shouldn't they put that into the MM errata?
>>
File: 1458396600005.jpg (204KB, 780x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1458396600005.jpg
204KB, 780x1025px
>>51775894
>Whenever you would roll 1d20, you instead roll 3d20 and take the middle
>When you have Advantage you take the highest of 3d20, and disadvantage is the lowest of 3d20
>Weapon inflict a critical hit on a natural 18+, or a 16+ if you're a Champion Fighter
>>
>>51780655
Made and am playing a triton str barbrouge on a pirate based campaign. Grappling and swimming down is my favorite
>>
I've wanted to make a character who can use mounted combat effectively for ages. Not as a main focus but when given open areas I want to.

Should I go Fighter for the Knight, Paladin for Find Steed, Ranger for Beastmaster or just go Bard and steal Find Steed?
>>
>>51781113
That sounds terrifying and awesome

>>51781140
Knight gains more advantages when mounted
>>
>>51781140
I was actually just thinking of that for going into melee combat with >>51779451, however RAW I think it should work for any combat mount.

I don't know if it'd apply to mounts you don't explicitly control like the Mechanical Servant though.

>Go into combat mounted
>Take dodge action (fluffed as directly piloting the wasp)
>Wasp attacks with Giant Eagle Multiattack
>If an enemy attacks your wasp redirect it to you (dodging) with Mounted Combatant
>>
>>51781140
Alternately be an Artificer and become the B-2 or AH-64
>>
>>51781089What?
>>
>>51781523
Is a +3 spear that can be concealed in shadows around the wielder as an action and summoned from shadow as a bonus action too strong? What's a good level for such a weapon?
>>
>>51781610
What would concealing in shadows do, functionally speaking, in combat?
>>
Speaking of necromancers, I'm building an Innistrad game and I've modified the provincial variants some guy on Reddit made.
What do you guys think?
>>
>>51781634
It fucking vanishes. Like, it's fucking gone. Has no combat purpose , but is aces for hiding shit out of combat.
>>
File: devil Bearded.jpg (63KB, 736x752px) Image search: [Google]
devil Bearded.jpg
63KB, 736x752px
So, when pic related hits with his glaive, it leaves an infernal wound that makes the target bleed at the start of its turns. Subsequent hits stacks more damage on that wound. My question is, if I have a bunch of those, do their wounds stack with each other?
>>
>>51781718
Yeah that's what I thought. I mean, I'd just make it cost more for that enchantment if that's how it's hiding. [Maybe] an extra level because of its surprise potential like "o shit he didn't have weapon before I fucked now".
>>
>>51776948
OH BOY! Tumblr logic is spewing here. You're a nazi, he's a nazi, she's a nazi, everyone here is a fucking nazi!

But seriously, stop that. It's not even remotely funny. You just look like a complete retard without an argument.
>>
>>51781610
>can be concealed in shadows around the wielder as an action and summoned from shadow as a bonus action
This is cool and flavorful.

>+3 spear
This is powerful as fuck. We're talking at least Very Rare level here, so depending on how you treat magic items... somewhere around 13th level? I'd consider lowering the magical bonus.
>>
I am really fucking hyped for the Mystic next Tuesday.
Will they do a psionic race past soon after?

I want to infect my group with Psionic shit. If Mearls was being honest about the number of disciplines in the final product I'm gonna freak.

I haven't been this hyped for D&D anything since the Planar Handbook for 4e. Fuck.
>>
>>51781771
Fair point. What if it was just +1 and had returning instead? It could kinda discorporate and reincorporate between shadows to return to its wielder?
>>
Is a Beastmaster who's whole deal is he uses creatures as tools to fit the situation going a bit far into the edgy zone? I plan to basically change my animal companion to whatever seems best for the situationjavascript:; and either sell or eat them when we need something else. Also using Conjure Animals and other animal charm and control spells.
>>
>>51781929
The shadow effect in the original post is essentially a flavored of the EK 3rd level feature, so most of the value is coming from the +1 or +3.
>>
>>51781980
Oh, it would have the stowing effect too. Stowing, returning, and +1.
>>
File: cr1.jpg (119KB, 645x881px) Image search: [Google]
cr1.jpg
119KB, 645x881px
This is from Volo's and it seems pretty strong for CR 1
>>
File: d7da240ecdd63eac15077db8fe455dfe.png (1013KB, 1259x657px) Image search: [Google]
d7da240ecdd63eac15077db8fe455dfe.png
1013KB, 1259x657px
>>51782003
>10 HP
>>
>>51782003
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/crcalculator.html#1,11,16,24,8,false,Tiny,3,13,false,0,false,0,traits:,MFAvoidance

They're glass cannons... emphasis on the cannon. And it looks like they are way undervalued. They should be CR 3.
>>
>>51782003
It either does nothing, or it fucks you over completely.
>+8 stealth
>surprise round 25.5 average damage on hit
>decent chance to roll high/first initiative
>25.5 average damage on hit again

Or you cast sleep on it turn 1.
>>
Should cone spells require covering a square by 50% or more to work or just touching the creature's space at all?
>>
You can only make one attack of opportunity right? Even if multiple creatures provoke it?
>>
>>51782037
i think their dex is too high, lower it so their ac is like 12 or 13 so disadvantage means less and so the dagger hits are less common and hit less
>>
>>51782125
You can only take one reaction until you start a new turn.
>>
>>51781929
Then it's much more reasonable and it would be fair to give to a character at any level, really. Is it for a Shadow Monk?

>>51782040
>casting sleep on fey
Weirdly it seems like it would work, but considering how Fey Ancestry makes you immune to magical sleep I'd be inclined to make all fey immune as well.
>>
>>51782125
yes because its a reaction and you only get 1 reaction per round

i double check just in case, page 195
>>
>>51782091
RAW: only circular spells are covered by the "cover half or more of the square" rule.

RAI: Crawford has kept as quiet or vague on this as possible and Mearls runs it as needing 50% or more.

Best solution: honestly, use the 50% or more rule for cones.
>>
>>51782125
unless you have tunnel fighter or something that let you do OA without using reaction.
>>
>>51782003
It's pretty dependent on your party comp to be honest family.

For example, if you have a Warlock with Armor of Agathys and they get stabbed twice- bam, dead.
>>
>>51781833
Don't get hype. Mearl will let us down again.
>>
So making new weapon options, only 2 so far

great/dire/war club (no idea on name), it's essentially a kanabo/tetsubo. 1d12 damage, heavy, 2-handed, bludgeoning

Great Spear, 2-handed, 1d10 damage, piercing

the club gives a 1d12 option for bludgeoning rather, slashing gets both 1d12 and 2d6 with great axe and great sword. Great Spear gives small characters another 2 handed weapon choice. and can be upgraded to 1d12 with spear mastery
>>
>>51782146
It's actually for an antagonist, but there's an aspiring monk in the party that would certainly enjoy it once/if he's done for.
>>
>>51782158
All cone spells work with a 60 degree angle at the point of origin right?
>>
>>51782003
>>51782206
>>51782137
I mean, anything with a Con or Str save will fuck them up. A single Entangle will be their doom. Magic Missile will half of the time kill them in one casting. It does seem like their CR should be at least 2 or 3, anyway.
>>
>>51782254
In that case, it could have one or two extra things. What's the level of the party? What's this antagonist supposed to do?
>>
>>51776019
>not recognizing a Mohrg on sight.

Are you sure you play this game?
>>
>Divination spells cast within the lair have a 25 percent chance to provide misleading results, as determined by the DM.
Does that mean stuff like Hunter's Mark and Guidance, too?
>>
>>51782338
They'll be between 7 and 8 when they encounter him. He's a sidequest villain, the older sibling of the Fighter and is hellbent on proving her inadequacy by killing her in a tussle. He's killed their other siblings for years, and now she's up to bat as the second oldest, ripe for a death battle. The other PCs will just have to be collateral damage.
>>
>Lost Mine of Phandelver
>Players go out drinking in the local tavern
>They decide they want to try the local challenge, which I made up seconds ago
>The goal is to chug a gelatinous yellow alcohol mixture in 30 seconds or less, measured in combat rounds
>Player one manages to power through it and finish his off in three rounds
>Player two, a dwarf, manages to roll not one, but 2 one's on his check and begins to choke
>The Half-Orc that they're going up against loses but challenges player one, the human to another round
>They both end up in a fistfight at the end with the poisoned condition
Fun was had.
>>
>>51782533
Damn he's killing his siblings one by one? That's messed up but is a cool character hook. If he wants to prove her inadequacy how about giving the spear the capacity to cast Hold Person or Fear on a hit, once per day? Seems fitting he'd want to see her either paralyzed or quivering. Maybe even Phantasmal Killer, if you're feeling nasty/generous.
>>
>>51782575
Sounds like a great session, but
>a dwarf, manages to roll not one, but 2 one's on his check and begins to choke
Shouldn't he have rolled with advantage because of Dwarven Resilience? Or were those two nat 1s both of his advantage rolls?
>>
Did WoTC give any reason why spears can't be used for PAM?
>>
>>51782631
He rolled with advantage, and managed to get two 1's. Which is actually really impressive.
>>
>>51782641
Probably because PAM works with momentum so you're swinging with a quarterstaff, a halberd and a glaive, but you're thrusting with a spear or a pike, so you can't really follow through in your movement to hit with the opposite end.
>>
>>51782277
53 degrees, actually.
>>
>>51782682
Real spearfighting uses loads of circular motions and blows with the shaft, but
>expecting D&D devs to know jackshit about actual anything
>>
Does anyone have the Scarred Lands material? poked around the usual sources and just found a lot of dead links.
>>
>>51781660
Why don't you just use the Plane Shift material?
>>
>>51782702
No, yeah, in the real world, but this is D&D where weapons do a specific type of damage so it involves a specific movement.
I mean... fairly certain one can impale someone onto their longsword, but the weapon in RAW only does "slashing damage", so its default attack is a swing and not a thrust. Similar with spear/pike/trident. They're used as thrusting weapons within the game's rules.
>>
>>51782799
And everyone knows some rules should be broken. I don't have too much knowledge about the whole 3.PF discussion other than (the lack of) class balance, but was there any consensus on multi damage type weapons?
>>
Are Pyromancers, Storm Sorcerers or Dragon Sorcerers better? Not factoring in elemental types because my DM's letting my change them.
>>
>>51781215
>>51779451

Im doing something like this with my Alchemist actually.. I got a dagger of warning then picked up defensive duelist and doing pretty well with +! Half-plate +1 from Dex and occasionally Shield of Faith. A Ring or Protection and Luckstone later and im surprisingly difficult to dispatch. I think I might try the dodge thing though I never thought of doing that especially if we run into fucking Clay Golems I cant acid bomb again
>>
>>51782876

>>Ahem +2 from Dex
>>
>>51782856
Yeah, I know, and I'd likely allow PAM to apply to spears, pikes and tridents in my game.
I'm just saying this is why it was omitted from PAM in the book proper.
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/10/05/why-pike-is-not-in-polearm-master-feat/
(at least it's why pike is omitted)
>>
Is there any option other then Tempest for a Cleric of a Sea god? I guess Nature or Trickery could work but the don't really fit.
>>
>>51782916
It just feels horribly wrong when you can't use, by RAW, PAM with piercing polearms, but the fucking Nuclear Druid works.
>>
>>51782600
That sounds pretty cool. I'll try Hold Person.

It all started because he tried and failed to kill their father, who tortured the shit out of him to punish his failure.
>>
>>51782952
Doesn't the Nuclear Druid rely on UA stuff (IE stuff that hasn't been fully playtested)?
>>
>>51778955
I'm reading through it, and I LOVE the Monty Python Reference. The entire thing looks great, and rather solidly written. Good job anon.
>>
>>51776594
Everything except the UA mess and Wot4E is about equal.

Long Death is exceptionally tanky.
Sun soul has the best AOE in the game while retaining full melee capabilities.
Shadow Monks are the kings of mobility.
Open hand does melee support the best by knocking people around and has a cheap OHKO ability.
>>
Okay, got a question. Say I'm a PAM fighter with a halberd in tunnel fighter stance. The enemy moves to me, however he was already within my reach of 10ft because I moved to hit him, does he provoke an AoO?
>>
>>51778005
That's why you don't go above lvl 5 in the class and start dipping into Stone sorcerer as soon as possible.
>>
Is there a better Wild Sorcerer table? It seems decent but I kinda wish there was some more variety.
>>
>>51782996
Yeah, it relies on playtest material, but it still feels wrong. The piecing polearms have almost nothing different with the other ones (spears and tridents can be thrown, but that's minimal), but because of the "creator's eyes" they don't work.
>>
>>51783111
Yep, and again, you'll get no argument from me, and if you wanted to use PAM with a spear in my game I would say go for it.
>>
>>51783082
>other creatures provoke an opportunity attack from you when they enter your reach.
So no.
>>
>>51783125
Makes you think about how many DMs are so stuck up for the rules that they only let what is written on the book.
>>
>>51782682
Wait so a quarter staff with no counterbalance can do it but a spear can't?

Changes need to be made.

Spear - Versatile/Thrown (20/35ft) - 1d8/1d10 piercing
Usable with PAM.
>>
>>51782859
Dragon Sorcerer is just better because it gets extra Hp, unarmoured AC , flight and a mass fear effect on top of a damage boost to their elemental type.
>>
>>51783149
It's bad, but it's especially bad when they'll refuse a minor, relatively reasonable request but grant another player a free boon. Like I played a tempest cleric with a strong Viking feel in one game and replaced his light crossbow with javelin and just asked if I could get like three or four so he could use a few of em ranged like Pallys and Barbs do... and the DM flat-out refused and enforced the "one simple weapon" strictly.
But then he gave the monk player free proficiency in thieves' tools instead of a set of artisan's tools.
>>
>>51783220
>Spear (simple weapon) - Versatile/Thrown (20/60ft) - 1d6/1d8 piercing; usable with PAM
>Trident (martial weapon) - Versatile/Thrown (20/60ft) - 1d8/1d10 piercing
FTFY
>>
>>51783351
YES TO BOTH OF THESE.
>>
>>51783255
That's extremely dumb. Did he also give the Monk expertise on it? :^)

Sometimes I feel like the game designer's should put on the introduction of their rule's book with huge letters about how they're simple guidelines, but I still think some people wouldn't even look at it.

I'm yet too see stories about DMs that demanded players to follow the specific class-fluff on the book, like all Barbarians need to be from primal tribes or every Monk should be from not-East Asia, but I don't doubt about their existence.
>>
>>51783087
multiclassing is for faggots
>>
>>51783445
Then stop multiclassing.
>>
Pathfinder has the Grippli race, does 5e have a similar race? I kind of want to play a frog cavalier whose steed is a chicken.
>>
Question: If I want to play a Hexblade Warlock, but be a swashbuckling faggot rather than using Cursebringer, what would you recommend for stat distribution and invocations? I'm thinking of sticking with armor of shadows rather than getting medium armor (unless some magical armor shows up), and the +1/2/3 pact weapon invocations seem like kind of a trap, unless your DM is really pushing a low magic game (most DMs I've played with cater to the players a little bit by changing weapons in a published adventure to be ones the party is using - a +1 longsword might be a +1 rapier for me, for example).

So I'm thinking of being a half-elf and starting with 16/16 dex and cha, getting cha to 20 and boosting dex afterward. Might pick up War Caster, but most of the spells I'll be casting in combat will be smites. Invocations are gonna be fiendish vigor, armor of shadows, and of course thirsting blade and lifedrinker at the appropriate levels. Beyond that I'm lost.
>>
>>51783612
a picture, or telling us a little more about what the fuck you were talking about would have been nice
>>
>>51783646
Are you an idiot who can't read? I want to play a small frog who can ride a chicken.
>>
>>51783612
Check out the grung in Volo's. They're poison tree frogs and NE though, but no reason why that general alignment couldn't change.

>>51783646
They're frog people.
>>
File: ObTaGWF[1].jpg (204KB, 600x868px) Image search: [Google]
ObTaGWF[1].jpg
204KB, 600x868px
>>51783646
This baller motherfucker.

>>51783612
Failing all else, ask your DM if you can just refluff halflings. Aside from tongue-based shenanigans, it should work for your purposes.
>>
File: CvPjsU1WgAAj9Y6.jpg (76KB, 1000x488px) Image search: [Google]
CvPjsU1WgAAj9Y6.jpg
76KB, 1000x488px
>>51783612
>>51783680
These are grung.
>>
5eg so dead at this hour :(
>>
So is twinned Ice Knife basically the greatest low level spell for Sorcerers?
>>
File: Grungs.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Grungs.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51783612
Try this. Be sure to ask your DM about it first.
>>
>>51781728
>>51782530
Any answers to these?
>>
>>51783847
You can't twin it since the AoE affects multiple targets.
>>
>>51783918
It doesn't target them though. It says:

"You create a shard of ice and fling it at one creature within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 1d10 piercing damage. Hit or miss, the shard then explodes. The target and each creature within 5 feet of the point where the ice exploded must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or take 2d6 cold damage."

It specifically mentions that it only Targets one creature. The only requirement for Twined Spell is that it's a spell that "Only Targets one creature".
>>
>>51783943
This is approaching bardic superhorse levels of rules lawyering. That said, it makes a lot more sense than the bardic superhorse, so I'd probably let it slide, with the caveat than any given creature can take damage from the AoE only once.
>>
>>51783967
Seems fair. I'd just have to throw the second one at someone else.

From an in game point of view the Sorcerer throwing 2 knives instead of 1 isn't retarded or far fetched either. Like you said the Bardic Superhorse is fucking retarded.
>>
>>51783984
Well, what I meant was more like this:

Three targets, A, B, and C, are standing shoulder to shoulder. You fling a knife at A and C, such that both AoEs overlap on B. B makes only one dex save and can take damage from only one AoE - he completely ignores the other one.
>>
>>51783943
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/5ozpwj/jeremy_crawford_on_targeting_spells/dcne5iz/

Target just means "creatures you choose to be affected by a spell" or "creatures in an AoE."

Expect this in the Sage Advice Compendium after the currently weekly UAs are done.
>>
What's the most broken character that doesn't rely on UA stuff?
>>
>>51778005
Because you can use the built in sites with the smite spells? Basically the same reason why the paladin, who has built in smite has them?
>>
>>51784011
Not that, anon, but that's how I'd rule it too. After rolling separate instances of damage for A and C, B would save against the higher instance of damage.
>>
>>51778005
>who had the idea to put smite spells on the list when the class has built in super smites?
Do what now? Warlock has garbage for melee options without Hexblade - and I say this as someone who has tried to make bladelocks work since 5e was released. The smite spells really only compete with Hex, and are superior if you're going for burst damage. Depending on your DM's rationing of short rests, Shield will probably also be useful later on.

I'll give you magic and elemental weapon though - either your DM lets you find a magical weapon or you take the improved pact weapon line of invocations.
>>
Alright so I've seen valid reasons why you can't be a Ranged Paladin. The whole 500 foot Super Smite from nowhere.

Would you allow it with a Sling Wielding Halfling? Does anyone know any other builds I can get away with using a Sling as my main weapon?
>>
>>51784022
ur retarded, mathematically speaking its a waste of a slot

>>51784071
what are you on about sperglord? my problem isnt with hexblade its with the expanded spell list. why would i use my spell slot to cast one of the smite spells when i can use the smite from the invocation? its pointless to have them there.

also why would you waste one of your 2 slots on shield? thats retarded. especially since after level 10 theres a 50% chance the attack misses anyways so using shield would be pointless over using say armor of agathys.

or even this, because since how warlock spell slots always cast at highest, why would you ever use shield over blink? blink is a 55% chance you take 0 damage for a round and lasts a minute. shield gives you a CHANCE
to block some attacks in 1 round, its a garbage spell unless you have a to of slots to throw away like a wizard does.

whether its with 0 short rests or 50 shield and the smite spells are worthless to you. retard
>>
>>51784109
Well not everyone's going to take the mega greatsword. Some pure CHA builds would get use out of the Smites spells.

Also before you actually get enough Invocations it's something you'd use for first and second level.

Shields fucking stupid though yeah
>>
>>51784109
What fucking invocation? You mean Cursebringer, the one that locks you into a weapon that can't be used with your cha-to-attack-and-damage ability and precludes using a shield? Because that's the only one I've found with a smite-like effect that requires the Hexblade patron.

I'll concede to you on shield, though. Outside of the niche case of something being able to hit you on the ethereal plane, blink is a better use of the spell slot.
>>
>>51784109
It's for novas you twit.
>>
Stop with the autism, you fucks.
>>
>>51784104
I guess you could be a rogue and go all David & Goliath with your sling. Could even use Sharpshooter for ridiculous damage on a bunch of pebbles. If you get a hold of Magic Stone (through magic initiate feat), that might be nice too?
>>
File: Palemaster.jpg (66KB, 400x694px) Image search: [Google]
Palemaster.jpg
66KB, 400x694px
>>51775940
Christfag here, I only ever play Necromancers, unless forced to play something else, which rarely happens though when it does, I go Artificer.

The idea of creating life, and bringing it back from the dead is so Gospel, even if it is a bit, twisted...
>>
>>51784299
Would you have played D&D during the Satanic craze?
>>
>>51775940
What about me? I'm a Jew that plays Paladins.
>>
Is there any news about a MM2, or is there any compilation of additional monsters, semi and fully official? Preferably not homebrew stuff (these usually have balance issues). The MM is rather thin for my tastes.
>>
>>51784366
Volo's Guide to Monsters came out a few months back and contains about 100 new stat blocks, including a bunch of NPCs. It is, for all intents and purposes, 5e's MM2.
>>
>>51778011
No. Moon Druid caps out at CR 6 with his natural stuff. When you get Polymorph, you can turn yourself, or presumably an equal level party member, into something CR 7. They have further buffing available in the form of a Transmuter's Stone.

Also, iirc only wizards get both True Polymorph and Shapechange, while bards and druids get one or the other.
>>
File: necromancer_by_juanbjuan.jpg (40KB, 424x599px) Image search: [Google]
necromancer_by_juanbjuan.jpg
40KB, 424x599px
>>51784323
I admit when I first got into MTG and D&D it was a bit to take in, especially being from a small backwoods town like I was.

Though once you figure it its no different from a video game(just funner), you break the idea that you are doing some kind of sin, and let lose.

So chances are no, unless a friend got me in(which is what happened) and then yes, with a hell yes.

I used to keep my copy of libris mortis next to my Bible for crying out loud.

Though I do understand the stigma Christians get when it comes to such things, I had a friend from Denmark, who gave up playing video games as his pastor over there talked him into believing that the video game people(NPC's) are no different from real people, and thus killing one of them is a sin.

Well I played Rome Total War at the time so I figured I was fucked if he was right(which he is not) so just made fun of it, guy still stopped playing all games, then board games, then listening to music...

To each their own, though I do feel sorry for him, as I am sure some would I for me for being weirded out by a guy RPing as a worshiper of Orcus, which our DM loves to do(rather he is the DM, or the player).
>>
>>51775953
What is there even to convert? Most of the traps are instant death, or straightforward pit traps.
>>
Can someone help me build up a dragonborn paladin who has Tiamat as his deity?
>>
>>51784419

Demi-Liches, and the cursed wishing rock of explosions.

And all the glorious loot.
>>
>>51780028
The monster races in general often get it.
>>
>>51784437
go 14/10/14/8/10/15 (before racials) and go for oath of treachery or oathbreaker if you DM doesn't allow UA. go great weapon fighting and just smack shit to death with a greatsword.
>>
Been re-reading through a bit of the fluff from the Eberron Campaign Setting from 3.5, and the more I read the more I feel that a LOT of it could be ported over pretty easily to 5th edition. The races would need some re-balancing, along with a very clear break in saying how easy it is to make magic items in it compared to how it is right now in 5th, but so many of the adventure hooks they throw out in there can be ported over quite easy, and some of the things can make for interesting/unique forms of character creation thanks to the Dragonmarks.

Oh, and the fact that the only reason their century-long war ended was because someone accidentally set off a magical nuke in the largest human city at the time also makes for some good intrigue, because if someone can figure out how to duplicate it, they probably become the most dangerous person in Eberron.
>>
>>51779877

Not gonna have an impact in any campaign whatsoever except one that has a fire themed VOLCANODUNGEON, at which point the PC will just feel good about himself.

Defensive abilities are overrated since there is no stickiness in 5e.
>>
>>51784443
>Demi-Liches

Uh... MM. It even explicitly has Acerak style demiliches vs normal kind.
>>
>>51784418
Isn't prohibiting someone doing something denying them of their free will?

What the pastor did was suppress what your friend liked doing, that's fucked up.
>>
>>51784395
>the joke

>your head
>>
I wanted to run thef first one or two chapters of Rage of Demons/Out of the abyss for two friends as an introduction to 5e. Would starting them at level 2 or 3 be a good idea to make up for the fact that the thing's more designed for a group of 4 level 1's?
Tuning down enemy numbers is of course also an option, but this way the outpost seems to emtpy for a real place.
>>
>>51784612
Wouldn't Mines be a better introduction to the system? OotA/Rage of Demons is apparently quite free roaming/indecision paralysis in its adventure tracking and consequently not that easy to get into our DM for.
>>
>>51784532
He might have been a Calvinist, they do not believe in a free will.

I agree, but there is more to it explaining it, and while it shines some light on it, it still does not make it right.

My friend was a Dane, but his roots ran as deep as one could find. His family had some noble blood, and thus lived in the Danish territory in what we now call Sweden(Southern part).

So long story short, he had dual-citizenship, but spent most of his life in Sweden, which, has recently been declared the least religious place in the world(rather it is or not, still says something about it).

He told me stories of him being bullied for being a Christian in Sweden, and how its far more worse then one might think, he had a friend who got jumped and beaten for being a Christian. I thought it might have been moslems, but no, it was the locals, and so was she.

Anyway, apparently the Church was a small church, and so seeing such things going on, and nothing being done about it drove the Church leaders into Apocalypse mode(aka the end is nigh.)

So they got real, uh whats the word, traditional? And he, also being exposed to the hate, just clutched to the words of the Church leader that much harder, even when like 98%^ of all his fellow friends told him the Church leader was a loonie.

Last we talked he had moved to England, and while he really missed his fatherland, knew there was no reason for him to stay there anymore. Also started to listen to music again, which is a sign of him at least trying to break apart a bit from what he was told.
>>
>>51784532
They can still choose to ignore you and your desires. Sin is supposed to be suppressed no matter if its liked or not.

I'm not saying the pastor's actions should be scripture, but the friend gave it up voluntarily. Whether that was a well-informed decision is another matter entirely.
>>
>>51784687
The first chapter is rather straightforward, I'm just reading up right now and I intend this to be a oneshot.
Wake up as prisoners, escape the prison. I like running scenarios like that, they make people think on their feet and give characters a reason to work together.

But yeah, I also have Mines in the backhand, I'm just a little bored of the premise, I had enough goblins and bugbears already.
>>
>>51778955
Walrock? Hey! I love your stuff!
>>
>>51783634
Dont boost dex let it a 14. Use ca/con, take sentinel
>>
So is bladelock still ass after the UA?

I have a campaign starting tomorrow and I want to primarily play some kind of dark knight. Beteeen Oathbreaker paladin and bladelock. Gut tells me Warlock is absolute trash outside of Blast spam and paladin is strictly better. Got a couple guys in the group saying my guy isnt evil enough for oathbreaker. Wat do.
>>
File: 1487201247441.png (73KB, 279x336px) Image search: [Google]
1487201247441.png
73KB, 279x336px
>like GOO pact
>don't like Create Thrall
>>
>>51784532
The theological justification is sound, probably Jesus's worst saying was the bit about committing adultery in your heart being the same as for real.
>>
>>51783918
You don't get it.
It has to hit for the primary effect on the primary target.
The secondary effect is the AOE.
>>
>>51784780
Fair enough, good luck and have fun. Hopefully Tales from the Yawning Portal releases soon, fucking Wizards and glacial release schedule.
>>
>>51784878
>Got a couple guys in the group saying my guy isnt evil enough for oathbreaker.
Well that is dumb. It should be fine to use it if the flavor works for the character you want to play. If they are going to be really anal about it then Oath of Treachery in the Paladin UA doesn't mention alignment.
>>
>>51784878
Rape children until they fuck off
>>
>>51784765
>>51784777
Seems likes your/his friend was unduly pressured into doing what the Church thought was right, but it's good to hear that he's become his own person again and away from the clutches of the church.
Since they seem to be big on controlling what you should be doing and thinking.

If the church or any religion that can't differentiate between what is based in reality, ie real people, and what is make believe, ie those in games, books, etc, that's a massive problem.

Yeah, seems like Sweden has good reason to be secular, religion should be private and should not induce someone giving up their will. That continues to be fucked up.
>>
>>51784908
If that is the action and consequence, it's never sound and will never continue to be sound. You don't brainwash people.
>>
>>51784878
Hexblade patron warlock makes melee attacks with charisma and thus meshes rather well with paladin, most bonus spells (smites) are redundant as the paladin gets them anyway. Leaving STR low is likely to leave you without access to good armor, so you'll need at least solid CON.
How does your group do ability scores? You might end up with low HP and AC in the worst case and armor of agathys+shield of faith helps only so much. At least it's a viable combo for sword'n'board.
The best part about the combo is paladin using WL slots to power his divine smite. You'll never have to worry about running out of juice.
If you want to go Pal 5/(non-blade)WL X you might also consider a finesse/dex build, grabbing extra attacks for a ranged weapon and shooting smite arrows. I'm not 100% sure if it's melee only though, so you might want to take a look. In any case you end up with decent utility and good damage in either case. Defense might be lacking though.

I terms of fluff: I didn't read Oathbreaker for a while, but you can do it in a way that his old oath forced him into some moral dilemma and he chose the option that his order didn't approve of, while still not necessarily being the bad or evil course of action.

More of a Renegade that writes his own morals now, rather than an outright evil man.

We're in 5e, be a little creative with the background and don't get to stiff on alignment.

Also: Oath of Conquest or Treachery, even Vengeance make rather sketchy paladins sometimes. I'm sure it can be done with Ancients and Devotion as well if you're willing to bend the given fluff. Talk to your GM with what works.
>>
>>51784973
I'm not a Christian and I seriously don't give a shit about what they consider right and I'm 100% sure they don't care about what you or I consider right. But it is worth mentioning that fundies generally have biblical basis for everything bizarre they believe in.
>>
>>51785021
Yeah, neither, but that's still fucked up on multiple levels. The Bible should just be moved to the fiction section in libraries and book stores.
>>
Anyone else feeling Euphoric in here?
>>
>>51785104
Yeah, rly makes me want to play an Oathbreaker since they no longer need to have a deity.
>>
>>51785104
Only you, autist.
>>
>>51785114
5e Paladins never did
>>
>>51785128
So you're right the Oathbreaker text was misleading.
>>
I know this is a long shot but are there any conversions of Pathfinder Adventure Paths to 5e?
I'm a pretty new DM to the system and none of the 5e adventures seem to have grabbed my players interest (half of them played Curse of Strand in another group previously).
>>
>>51785268
Why not make an adventure site? 5e is particularly suited to megadungeons.
>>
What's the twatter account of that guy that does the UA?
>>
>>51785271
I'm pretty bad at designing encounters right now due to being new to the system. I was hoping to run a prebuilt adventure just until I get a knack for it. That way if they're enjoying the campaign we can continue and if we don't I can break it off and start making my own.
>>
>>51785268
If there hasn't been, there really should. Some of their older APs are actually quite good.

Tell them Tales from the Yawning Portal should also be hitting soon.
>>
>>51785307
Kobold Fight Club or Donjon both have encounter generators, and the latter also has dungeon generators. You would have to analyze the Pathfailure conversion modules for balance anyway, something you consider yourself unable to do, and so it would be no good anyway.
>>
>>51785328
>Pathfailure
>balance
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>51785369
Its a conversion to a totally different RPG, how balanced or unbalanced the original module is is not relevant, just what the converty-man put in there.
>>
DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD THREAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
>>
anyone else have a huge problem with the 6th-9th spell selection the warlock gets? i mean if hes only going to get to use each once a day and only knows that one spell for that slot. why did they fill the list with shit?

why is warlock such a meme class only worth taking dips in lol
>>
>>51785629
multiclass warlocks are probably more iconic than single class warlocks (and I don't mean that in the "Elminister is a 23 wizard/1 fighter/3 aristocrat/5 rogue" style multiclass clusterfuck sense), only class I'd actually ever consider multiclassing with in fact
>>
I want to Multiclass my Fighter into Barbarian for Rage.

This is probably a bad idea mechanically, but it fits the concept of being a bloodthirsty marauder with two battleaxes.
>>
>>51785797
mechanically its fine, its up to the DM if he wants to allow PCs to be LEVEL DIPPING SCUM
>>
If I want to add in guns, should I boost their range, nerf archery range, both, or neither? Is there a particular realism reason as to why muskets are so short range?
>>
>>51785797
Mechanically it's great. You get half plate instead of plate armour (Or, if your dex+con is high enough, something even better than plate armour), but you get resistances, a damage boost that synergizes well with all the attacks you get and...

Well, as long as you're not level 20, it's not a problem.
>>
>>51781089
This is not actually too terrible, though you might still need to make various adjustments and I preferred it when even goblins could take on a dragon.

Also problems with AC stacking and all that.
>>
Is there a power or other ability to "see in magical darkness?" I thought, for some reason, that drow and tieflings or warlocks had some way, but I sure as hell can't figure out any.
>>
>>51786082
Warlock has Devil's Sight Invocation, that allows that.
>>
>>51786231
Thank you.
>>
new thread when
>>
>>51779420
Fire, Cold, Poison, Lightning can be interchanged
Acid, Psychic, Radiant, Necrotic are in the same tier
Force is above them all since I can only think of 1 thing in the monster manual that resists it.
>>
>>51786018
Will continue this discussion in the new thread when it's made, but yeah there are a few adjustments that would need to be made. However the advantage (pun intended) of 3d20 take the highest is that it drastically improves / reduces the odds of success at certain tasks without altering the upper or lower limit of possibility. A Rogue who rolls 3d20 take highest with thieves' tools is rarely going to trigger a trap, but if her bonus is +8 and it's DC 30 it's still impossible for her to disable that trap. It turns advantage or disadvantage into basically a +/-5 modifier on average without making tasks suddenly impossible to succeed at or letting PCs do otherwise impossible tasks.
>>
>>51786979
>>
File: 1487223599628.jpg (244KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1487223599628.jpg
244KB, 773x1000px
>Party is traveling with a princess NPC
>Actual useful princess mind you, she is very smart and gives the party a nice intelligence boost.

>She is also a necromancer
>They have not found out.
>They have accepted her as part of the group, one of them is in love with her (ingame obviously)

>She has been critically wounded and lost an arm now in a coma state
>The party is now fighting tooth and nail to bring the Princess back to her kingdom to get her healed.
>On the edge of her kingdom, a man approaches and tells the party that he is a prince and that SHE is his fiancee and that the party is under arrest
>The prince is a fucking asshole
>Top notch cunt, calls the Princess a ugly waste of time now she lost her arm etc
>One of the party has already tried to ssault him

>My party is now SERIOUSLY considering murdering this prince just because he is a dick

I've got a lot of material to work with now and I'm a fairly new DM
What are some interesting routes I can take with this
>>
>>51779985
Well they can still hurt themselves, at least.
>>
>>51781089
6.07% crit normal, 15.62% for champion.

38.59% crit advantage, 57.81% for champion.
>>
File: 1449291963842.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1449291963842.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
DM's, tell me how your player chararcters have met their end in your campaign thus far.

So far I've had three casualties.

>Paladin goes to 0HP whilst in a pool of boiling blood. The damage taken each turn puts him to three fails rapidly, dies.
>Wizard gets knocked out in a constant AoE damage effect (think it was insect swarm). Nobdy manages to revive him in time, too busy fighting BBEG, locusts leave a skeleton.
>Other wizard, KO'd by other BBEG on frozen lake, gets Shatter cast on him and his body falls into the frozen water. Death.

Tell me how your PC's stories have ended /tg/.
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.