[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find a DM, /tg/? How did you find yours? We have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Dungeon-Master.jpg (175KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon-Master.jpg
175KB, 970x545px
How do you find a DM, /tg/?

How did you find yours?

We have a group of players that all want to play but none of us has enough experience as to DM, and the couple that do don't want to, so we've been discussing how to find one and we honestly have no idea.
>>
>>51774791
Let one of the newbies try their hand at DM, but tell the ones with experience that since they don't wanna do it, they forfeit their right to bitch about what the DM does.
>>
>>51774791
Put up a notice at your local gaming store: GM WANTED

Or go to roll20.net. Ugh.
>>
>>51774791
You gain experience by DMing, idiots. Many of us started from scratch.
>>
>>51774791

You don't need experience to play as a GM.

It's like Yoda said. You do it, or you do not do it. There is no try.
>>
>>51775062
Wow thats rude.
>>
>>51774791
I had this problem until I decided I'd GM a game myself. I'll admit I'd rather play than GM because I don't think I do a good job of it, but on the other hand I got one of my players to also decide to GM another game that I now play in.

In other words, just do it anon.
>>
Tell the people with experience to shut up and dm
Or get one of the newbies to

Doesn't matter who does it if you run a premade one off
>>
>>51774791
Capture a good one and never let it go.
>>
I made 'em. I met some through uni but was unimpressed either by them or the group.
So I decided to bite the bullet and make my own group out of interested friends. Eventually a few of them decided to run games that I could be a part of. Not all of them were good, but they weren't terrible.
Rinse and repeat with the next group.
The only way to be sure to find a GM is to be the GM. I look back at my first adventures and cringe with disgust, but it was a formative experience. I actually wish I'd started before university, but I never had friends who lived close enough.

TL;DR: If you want a GM, be a GM. You might suck, but you probably won't be terrible.
>>
>>51775349
But it is the truth.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.