[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the mood of most of your games? I run Nobledark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1487172379073.png (1MB, 2000x1460px) Image search: [Google]
1487172379073.png
1MB, 2000x1460px
What is the mood of most of your games? I run Nobledark most of the time.
>>
This chart is trash
>>
>>51760129
>>51760129
>>51760129
>>
>>51760093
I run nobledark, but less as the chart describes it and more 'characters can make lasting change but the world is a dark shithole' flavour.

Also
>>51760129
>>
>>51760129
>>
>>51760093
Grimbright is probably my favorite
>>
>mix fallout and game of thrones for grimdark
>The King of post apocalyptic America has died and people are fighting over the throne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNe_mtjIwec
>>
Neutraldark
>>
Grimneutral, but GoT/ASOIAF is way too climactic and "good vs evil" for me
>>
>>51760093
>>51760129
>>51760521
>>51761582
The definitions are decent, but most examples given are absolute dogshit
>>
File: 1479413852876.jpg (60KB, 549x288px)
1479413852876.jpg
60KB, 549x288px
>>51760093
The one where players can start as basic heroes and end on punching the anthropomorphized fear of Gods through the moon.

Normal folks tend toward decency, and even some of the villains have good reasons for their actions, to the point where the heroes admit maybe the bad guy isn't even that bad.

Those are my settings. Where does THAT fit on your chart?
>>
Is Warhammer Fantasy grimdark?
>>
>>51761770
Sounds like noblebright.
>>
>>51760858
this nigga gets it.

I run high fantasy Grimbright with old school elves, dwarves and stuff. If it isn't human it most likely doesn't think or function like a human, operates on a different scale of morality.

Plus the world's a nice bright happy looking place where everyone's trying to get ahead and push everyone else back.

Also I stole a lot of setting ideas from Steve Jackson's Sorcery. I highly recommend it.
>>
>>51761632
Alright then, can you list a better example for each?
>>
>>51762942
Not him, but Trekshit is quite comfortably noblebright (DS9 notwithstanding), since in spite of each monster-of-the-week the UFP is still a post-scarcity utopia inhabited by hippies with space bullshit magic.
>>
Not OP here, but if everyone is going to bitch about how this chart is shitty, then why don't you post a good one to prove it?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.