[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greeting, Americanfags on /tg/. I'm preparing to VtM game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Gun Nut.jpg (28KB, 390x307px) Image search: [Google]
Gun Nut.jpg
28KB, 390x307px
Greeting, Americanfags on /tg/. I'm preparing to VtM game my GM sets in 90-s Texas, and making a bunker-dwelling paranoid gun-nut Malkavian. Can someone redpil me on the basics gun carrying/owning laws in US and how much shit I can get aways with in regards of bringing guns, using guns and fortyfying my "Iluuminati-proof bunker" untill cops come busting my ass?
>>
Ask /k/, as figuring out how to get away with building a private fortress is practically what they live for.
>>
>>51738747
Laws are for the Kine, Cassandra.
Go nuts. Er, nuts-er.
>>
>>51738747
look up NFA items, anything less than that can be bought with a basic background check
>>
We were allowed to concealed carry handguns starting in 95.
Open carry is an entirely different story. Handgun open carry was only recently legalized, one or two years ago, I think. Before that, open carry of a handgun was illegal. Bigger guns not so much, but if you're handling those guns in a way that could even possibly be characterized as "threatening," you're going to find yourself under a dogpile of cops in about three seconds. Naturally, there are some places where you're forbidden to open carry anything, but these are mostly common sense places. Schools, federal places, liquor stores, any kind of sporting event, and anywhere where you happen to be drunk.
As far as loading up your bunker, as long as you're at least 18, there's not much stopping you from stockpiling any gun you can legally purchase, which includes rifles and shotguns. All you need is an ID and to pass a background check once.
Of course, conventions for gun fans don't have to worry about that whole ID and background check business.
>>
>>51738747
Amerifag here, but I'm what /k/ calls a nogunz because I don't really have the desire to get one. >>51738773 is right, you should ask /k/ because they know everything about this shit. American law can be confusing because we have federal laws that apply all over the nation as well as state laws that only apply to a particular state. We are, technically, a group of 50 different nations united as one.

Regardless, from what I've seen in my life if you have the money and the will to fill out all kinds of paperwork you could get just about any kind of gun up to heavy machine guns and grenade lauchers and it would all be legal, but heavily regulated.
>>
>>51738747
Texas is one of the states with the most freedom in regards to owning firearms. Remember that every state has their own laws for who can own what guns and what they have to go through to get them. Your best bet's to either google 90's-era Texas gun laws or ask /k/.
>>
File: 2eb.png (26KB, 432x239px) Image search: [Google]
2eb.png
26KB, 432x239px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_and_gun_control_in_Texas#cite_note-Open_Society_Institute-2 (biased pressure group but could help lay out some general stuff for the state of mid-90s to early 2000s Texas. read pages 1-12.

Next one is pretty obvious: the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (exp. in 2004 I believe)
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_Crime_Control_and_Law_Enforcement_Act.

You can get full auto weapons of near any kind if you have a military licence (can have this as a vet or military advisor before being vamped I believe, that and you can purchase full auto weapons from independent sellers if they were manufactured for public consumption before the gun ban due to grandfathering clauses. Older SMGs might be for you in this case. or old 'nam infantry weapons. Heavy LMGs and explosives is a grey area for some people, but military licensing and sneaky property laws could get you what you want (Dragon Man and FPSRussia come to mind, the former being in Texas and owning various collections of fuck you tier military ordinance, I'm talking tanks and heavy artillery. I have not seen any news about him in a few years though, perhaps the laws got to stringent for him to possess that much military hardware.

Lemme know if you need anything else.
>>
>>51739861
Thanks, that was helpfyk
>>51739861
>As far as loading up your bunker
I was thinking more about electrified razorwire, bear jawtraps, landmines and shit. Landmines would probably illegal. Probably some remotely triggered flamethrowers to when I'm inside and cannot freak out from the sight of guys running around while on fire.
>>
>>51740051
>can have this as a vet or military advisor before being vamped I believe
Well fuck, my guy is a vet, but a WW2 one, and noone would believe that.
>>
>>51740110

Could use it as an excuse to have guns from that era though, like a Tommy or an early cold war era weapon back when you could still look your age. the M1 Garand are by no means pushovers as far a firearms go, big fucking bullet by today's standards for assault weapons, you hit it, it dies, plain and simple -- unless it's undead obviously (though they are still legal for civilians in most states anyway
>>
>>51740174
That's kinda what I planned to do - to have loads of guns and still only go out with M1 Garand and a Lugger, because everything else is "for emergency", enforced with a psychosis that force me to roll Will to take anynthing from my "emergency" stash even if it's really an emergency.
>>
Don't forget that anything covered under "antique firearms" are legal to own. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antique_firearms

This also includes muzzle loaded cannons, though I think the cannon balls still need to be registered.
>>
>>51740110

Oh shit. If your guy is that old, he predates a lot of inconvenient regulation. You can probably have some really nice general purpose machineguns from the Vietnam and Cold War era.
>>
>>51740051
t. someone who knows almost nothing about gun laws in the united states
>>
IIRC gun enforcement in Texas in the 90s was pretty lax and supply was pretty loose. Meaning: You could, in theory, buy and keep lots of stuff. Realistically though everyone who did that was hoarding weapons because they were crazy. Besides illegally having stuff, they also tended to act crazy. Which is the only way that the Branch Davidians got caught.

Realistically, as long as you're not literally trying to overthrow the government and marry a hundred twelve year olds and run an unlicensed gun dealership that also sells to other crazy people, you'd've be fine.
>>
>>51740110
We'll give him a Thompson SMG then, you can acquire those pretty easily even if it wasn't his service weapon. Really though, as long as you have the proper paperwork and tax stamps, you can own any firearm in Texas.
>>
>>51740051
>>51740051
>You can get full auto weapons of near any kind if you have a military licence (can have this as a vet or military advisor before being vamped I believe
You don't know shit about anything, do you?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.