[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some assistance /tg/. Due to my work/studies, I might

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: DMing for kids.jpg (36KB, 564x434px) Image search: [Google]
DMing for kids.jpg
36KB, 564x434px
I need some assistance /tg/. Due to my work/studies, I might need to run a D&D game for some elementary schoolers. As I'd like make sure I won't get any calls from angry parents, can you give me some not-too-gory ways to describe killing a person/monster? Also any kind of stories and tips about running games for kids are more than welcome!
>>
Everything that dies turns to magical dust.

No exceptions.
>>
>>51730775

You just don't describe it In detail. You swing and hit with your sword. The fireball hits the goblin. Think video games. I played games ad an elementary student where I killed things, but the game didn't have blood, so it was k apparently.
>>
>>51730775
Remember that bit at the start of the lotr movies where sauron's smashing dudes left and right, there was no blood in that but it still looked fucking awesome, the cool part of a death description is how the person moulds around attack, for gory stuff emphasise bones breaking under force, limbs being severed, for less gorey stuff focus on transitions, being slammed across a room, getting uppercut and hitting the ground with a thud, think batman.
>>
>>51730787
first post best post

In fact, the enemies they fight should be artificial constructs composed of magical dust

also focus on playing pretend more than combat, think fairy tales, not Conan
>>
>>51730775
If you think it's going to be an issue just say that defeated creatures are knocked unconscious or runaway or surrender and promise to mend their naughty ways.
>>
>>51730787
Do this. Monsters come from black goo/dust/magical energy/whatever and return to that form when they die.

Set a Kingdom Hearts 1 tone, where everything is mostly bright and rosey, monsters are cool but cartoony, there's a dark ominous pressence that's manipulating things. Take them on magical adventures on different noble- bright worlds there they get to play powerful heroes who always do the Good and Right thing.

Unless, of course they get bored. I once did the same thing for a group of cub scouts and they basically wanted to do the most edgy and evil thing possible. So instead, they were savage beast- men who waged bloody genocide against the Elves. They had lots of fun, though
>>
>>51730775
> dm: the monster surrenders and promises to mend his naughty ways
> kid 1: cool! I cut off his head and piss down his throat!
> kid 2: I shoot at the one running away! I use my power to hobble him so that we can wreck him!
> dm: anyone here know how to tie a bowline in this laptop cord
>>
You could just say they faint like in pokemon.
>>
Either it wasn't alive in the first place (skeletons are a safer bet than zombies btw), dust, the last hits causes them to fall down an endless pit, if they're people have them surrender and seem trustworthy.
>>
>>51730787
Go the Samurai Jack route. All enemies are evil robots.
>>
>>51730787
Think of grims from RWBY.
>>
File: one way.png (51KB, 786x317px) Image search: [Google]
one way.png
51KB, 786x317px
>>51730775
You issue isn't going to be how YOU describe the killing. It's going to be how the kids describe it to their parents, which isn't necessarily going to be based on anything you actually say.

Thus you do this >>51730787
and have every enemy be a robot or magical creature that disappears when defeated (enforce the word "defeated" at every opportunity), so that the descriptions the kids give are less gory by default.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.