[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do dark eldar always go on raids? Wouldn't it be more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 30

File: 1483141116346.jpg (14KB, 250x383px) Image search: [Google]
1483141116346.jpg
14KB, 250x383px
Why do dark eldar always go on raids? Wouldn't it be more efficient for them to just breed captives?
>>
For one they kill slaves fucking constantly. Two breeding slaves is in no way more efficient because now there is a 7 year waiting period before they can even do basic labor. That kind of long term planning is not Dark Eldar in style.
>>
>>51709792
But wouldn't raising them in a lifetime of pain be more efficient in the long run?
>>
File: tyrion.png (442KB, 770x418px) Image search: [Google]
tyrion.png
442KB, 770x418px
>>51709768
The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
>>
>>51709802
No. A period of half descent living before the seemingly endless agony of slave nice is a necessary reference point to make their suffering all the sweeter
>>
>>51709802
You'll get twing if you torture them constantly while they grow up.
And if you don't have an outlet like raiding, Commoragh will devolve into civil war (well, more than currently, I mean).
>>
>>51709768
fun and >>51709905
>>
>>51709950
Twing?
>>
>>51709768
No. The only real life slave population that was able to reproduce at a rate to keep up with demand was the US. Everywhere else just kept importing new slaves. I imagine 40k is slightly deadiler than Brazil so bringing in new slaves makes the most sense.
>>
>>51709978
*twinks. Dunno how I made that typo, honestly.
>>
>>51710076
Did the US just treat them better?

>>51710089
Still confused by twinks? If I grab a guy and torture him from a young age I get a cute slim fuccboi?
>>
>>51709768
But it's no fun
>>
>>51710151
Being a dark eldar sounds really fun.

I wish I was a high ranking dark eldar
>>
>>51710137
Yep. But with less cuteness and more scars.
And totally unfit for slave labor or gladiatorial fights.
>>
>>51710213
Time to go build a torture dungeon I guess.
>>
>>51709768
I can see a couple of reasons given the nature and structure of Dark Eldar society.

Firstly, and most importantly, it's not a necessity. Raiding sources are near infinite, and weapons and transport are not scarce. Breeding might be more stable and potentially higher yielding in the long run, but it needs time and peace to build up. This simply isn't possible due to the next point.

They're a violent society, ruled by strength in all ways. They have no concept of personal loyalty, trust, or long-term value. There is only strength and obedience. Killing an Archon often makes you an Archon. Any Dark Eldar who even looks unwilling to fight would appear vulnerable. Only Vect could possibly afford to expend the resources necessary, and he doesn't want to.

And there's also the fact that they fucking love raiding and would probably do it even if they didn't have to.
>>
>>51710137

>Did the US just treat them better?

Not really. As far as slave treatment goes, the US was probably somewhere just south of the median standard of compassion for slaves. It wasn't nearly as bad as the East India Co's sheer brutality but it was still horrifying by basically any normal person's moral standards. At least on large plantations. Smaller farms had better treatment generally because the owners couldn't afford replacements and they had more direct contact with their slaves as they were often working the fields as well.

The US was able to create a domestic slave trade because it spent like a century and half importing absolutely staggering numbers of slaves from Africa before that was finally banned. By the time of the Civil War the slave population was large enough to sustain itself.
>>
>>51710258
Wouldn't they have an interest in maintaining the balance of power then? If one faction started winning their yields would drop.
>>
>>51710137
Apart from >>51710278 it should be noted that working on a sugar plantation is by itself a way worst destiny than working on a cotton one. I don't know if the USA had sugar plantations, they probably had some, but south america and the Caribbean were the main sugar region with the south of the american states more oriented towards cotton.
>>
>>51710503

The US didn't really have any sugar planations. It inherited a few after the Spanish-American War but slavery was illegal in the US for almost half a century by that point.

And yeah, sugar plantations were way worse than cotton plantations. Cotton farms were still pretty awful but sugar planation owners would have slaves mutilated and killed for extremely petty reasons. As bad as American treatment of slaves was, the Spanish and English were way worse. But then again where do you think the Americans learned it?
>>
>>51710503
>>51710535
Why was sugar so bad?
>>
File: 1475887032957.png (385KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475887032957.png
385KB, 1080x1080px
>>51710747
Not good for your teeth.
>>
>>51710747
They worked with massive boiling metal cauldrons of the stuff, we're outside doing backbreaking labor in hot tropical climates.

Mortality rates on sugar plantations were astronomical compared to cotton plantations on the mainland. The spaniards had to import slaves from Africa because the native populations of their colonies went almost extinct from the mortality rate
>>
Am I the only one getting a boner reading all this
>>
>>51710809

The Spaniards and English were also extraordinarily cruel to their laborers, even by slaveholder standards.

To this day I still can't quite figure out why the early colonial powers were so brutal. I guess it was a mix of economic urgency and the fact overseer and governor jobs in a far off and strange land just naturally attract ambitious and ruthless individuals.
>>
>>51710747
>>51710809
And the remnants of the Inquisition, who were perfectly willing to torture a new slave to death for not knowing the rosary (actually happened), and the suger cane spiders (fucking deadly), and the machetes used to cut the sugar cane (rusty but sharp), and the swampy conditions (Nurgles playground).
Also, US slave laws were influenced by Jews, who took the biblical laws on slavery and the treatment of slaves seriously (a Jewish plantation was the cushiest job a slave could hope for), while the Spanish and Protestants ignored those laws.
>>
>>51710945

Most American slaveholders were Protestants though. The Jews mostly stayed up North counting their shekels from selling steel to the Dixies.
>>
>>51709768
Born slaves, slaves raised under the yoke, are jaded. The grip of She Who Thirsts can only be momentarily loosened by the truly unwelcome and unsought sensation, and so jaded slaves are less nourishing and less valuable.

Never doubt the sanity of the true Eldar, for we alone maintain proper mental health in ourselves and our fodder. Apathy is another form of the relentless entropy of the cold, uncaring galaxy that we inhabit, to be fought against but never triumphed over. Sadism too, a regrettable inevitability, one that draws She Who Thirsts to us even as we repel her. Never confuse it with Masochism, a true and vile cancer of the mind, one that should be excised cleanly and swiftly whenever it is encountered.
>>
Elephants are more or less the same. It is too costly to take them as babies. Hence, mot tamed elephants were captured on the wild.
>>
>>51709768

- Not sustainable.
- not fun
- slaves would be already depressed, you need to break them
- raiding is not just slaves but resources
- their entire society is built around such things, glory and so forth, like roman society was
>>
>>51710945
Also cutting sugar cane with a machete is simply a more exhausting work than picking cotton.

>>51710888
An imported slave is always more rebellious than a non-imported one, and therefore must be treated more harshly. This makes the mortality rate bigger and you continue having imported slaves. It's a vicious cycle.

Not to mention the conditions of working we've already talked about. The harder the work, the more brutal you have to be to force the slaves to do it. Slaves in mines were also cruelly mistreated everyfuckingwhere by everyone in history.
>>
>>51710888

How about the Portuguese?
>>
>>51711254

Those Brasilwood camps were pretty hellish as well. The Portuguese were pretty cruel, but they had a smaller empire so their brutality never reached as large a scale as the Spanish and English.
>>
>>51710888
Also people like >>51710851 exist and would be drawn to the lack of oversight.
>>
>>51711017
There were plenty of Jewish slaveholders in America. Its not talked about, and they also faced lots of legal issues because they made the typical slaveholder look bad (for a while, it was illegal to free slaves because Jews did so, and then they bought the slaves people didn't want as replacements, starting the cycle again with slaves who had tried to run away)
>>
>>51710535
There were a fair number of sugar plantations in the US at one point, most of which was shipped north to make Rum. The decline of the sugar plantations came about because tobacco and cotton were more profitable cash crops and Caribbean plantations undercut American growers and forced them to switch to the aforementioned crops.
>>
>>51709768
Because slave raids are a sport to the Dark Eldar. The number of slaves taken is just a way to keep score.
>>
>>51711365
I'm pretty sure that, in the specific field of sugar-related cruelty, the portuguese were more cruel than spaniards and brits since they simply had more land destined to that purpose.

Let's just say the other two had more options.
>>
>>51709768
Some of them actually did it in a way, I remember a short story (aparrently canon) called "Wolf at the Door", where a Dark Eldar Kabal raids a planet every few years, but they don't wipe them out completely, they let them breed, rebuild, etc.

The population goes into hiding during those raids, leaving criminals and other undesirable people on the surface.

Of course, the DE eventually get bored of this and arrive unexpectedly to get some action.
>>
>>51709768
Because it's fun

They exist for thrill and pleasure, They were never forced to replenish themselves with emotion. They could have stopped with the sadism and pleasure-seeking and became Craftworlders or Exodites, but instead they said: 'Fuck that, we want to carry on having a good time, not even the birth of a goddess that drains our souls could stop our party.'
>>
>>51710234
Anon no! You can create twinks by smothering them with so much love that they never need to fight for anything, too! And they'll be cuter, and love you more!
>>
>>51711365
>meanwhile, the french were too busy fucking the natives to be really cruel.
>>
>>51711918

Only the anglos had a racial superiority complex, pretty much all others were fucking the natives/slaves, look at spanish/portuguese colonies, everyone is mostly mixed with some purebreed whites at top of society.
>>
>>51712144

Spanish and Portuguese had a major religious superiority complex though.

Really the French were the only bro-tier colonial power, at least by the standards of their competitors.
>>
>>51711874
Hmm, how about doing both, to get both kinds.
>>
>>51711918
Haiti was one of the worst hell on earth colonies. They weren't bro tier at all. Nobody was bro tier in the caribbean.

This "french were nice" is based on what they did in the north of america and Canada, where they never had a lot of numbers to replace the local population. Spaniards, too, respected and adopted local indian traditions and politics where they needed to do so. And nobody with a brain would call them nice.
>>
>>51712465
I'm sure that was all exaggerated by abolitionists. Slavery was not that bad.
>>
>>51710278
>the US imported staggering numbers of slaves
No, the US only ever accounted for 4% of the volume of the international slave trade.
>>
>>51713084

Are those pre or post Revolution figures? That matters a lot.

Most of the trans-Atlantic slave trade to the States occurred before the US became its own country.
>>
>>51713112
In the history of the trade, period.
>>
>>51712465
To be fair, the european ruling classes weren't bro-tier to anybody, even their own people. The Spring of Nation existed because the lower classes were worked to death at the time, and repression then didn't have much to envy to purges made against rioting slaves.
>>
>>51713112
For reference, out of the ~12 million Africans imported to the Americas in the entire history of the trade, only about 380,000 went to North America, which includes the US, Canada, /and/ Mexico.
>>
>>51712565
>Slavery was not that bad.
And you know this because you have a time machine that means you know better than every source we have available that wasn't from a slave owner?
>>
>>51713240

I think he's being sarcastic and/or trolling for (You)s
>>
>>51713261
I think he may be referring to the atmosphere of the times. One of the arguments of pro-slavery Americans at the time was that their slaves were actually happy compared to the slaves in other countries. It still sucked big time but it wasn't 24/7 misery as abolitionists would claim.
>>
>>51713240
I mean compared to work conditions in the rest of the world slavery in the americas wasn't that bad.
>>
>>51713403
>>51713405

I mean slavery was still a miserable experience and even by the standards of the time pretty immoral. I mean not every slaveowner was an inhuman monster but at the same time it was still quite literally turning a profit from human misery.

The abolitionists /were/ right, even if most of them were just as racist as the pro-slavery crowd.
>>
>>51712565
Poe's Law. I have no idea if you're mocking the idea or genuinely are that dumb.
>>
>>51709768

In fracture of Biel-Tan blood brides start to turn into hags after two nights with murder and all that
>>
>>51713991
They don't literally start turning into hags.
They start acting like hags and Yvarine muses that if they cannot feed soon, they will start killing each other in order to sate the Thirst.

The Deldar don't start physically deteriorating after few days of not feeding on the pain of others, but they will start feeling the thirst more increasingly.
>>
>>51714413
So they stay as hot girls forever?
>>
>>51715337
Provided they keep torturing people, yes
>>
>>51716993
If I chain one up could I torture things for her then keep her as a harem slave?
>>
>>51717015
No, she has to do it herself. And an Eldar fucking a human would be akin to beastiality to them. They view humans that lowly
>>
>>51717078
I thought they had arena shows to feed in their city?

Surely they would be able to do it by proxy.

Also the point of the chains is kind of so they don't have a choice.

Does humiliation kill them? Could you literally rape a dark eldar to death?
>>
>>51717111
Well fuck I could be wrong about that one part, maybe they just have to witness it. And no, you couldn't fuck one to death unless you choke her or some thing
>>
File: 1483348950538.png (215KB, 548x344px) Image search: [Google]
1483348950538.png
215KB, 548x344px
>>51717281
>>
>>51709792
The DEldar have very advanced cloning technology.
>>
>>51717666
Isn't that just to clone eldar
>>
>>51717943
That would make sense if you were talking about a hard sci-fi setting but WH40K is very much not a hard sci-fi setting. Also DEldar Haemonculi love to do experiments on humans.
>>
>>51718226
What experiments even remain to be done after 10k years.
>>
>>51709768
Says so right in the codex, slaves aren't enough to keep their society running. They need slaves to feed their industry, their arenas, their brothels, and sacrificial pits.

But they also need suffering to sustain themselves, and the atrocities they do to slaves is the DEldar equivalent of eating a party size bag of potato chips: filling for a little while but no real nourishment and leaves them sick.

The DEldar, especially the archons need to see suffering on a much larger scale visited on innocent beings that haven't had the light of hope snuffed out yet. Raids satisfy that need.
>>
>>51718320
>What does a human sound like if they are kept a live to scream in agony for 10,001 years?
>>
>>51718320
>DE
>Sharing information

>>51718500
kek
>>
>>51718597
But by sharing information everyone is stronger together!
>>
>>51718605
>Making other people stronger

Khaine's Balls it's like you want to fed to Slaanesh.
>>
File: Heresy.jpg (3KB, 125x88px) Image search: [Google]
Heresy.jpg
3KB, 125x88px
>>51718605
>>
>>51718638
What is this heresy for ants.
>>
>>51718638
>>51718645
I unknowingly saved another Thumbnail.
I am going to cry and wonder what else I fucked up.
>>
File: 1474784999064.jpg (61KB, 800x786px) Image search: [Google]
1474784999064.jpg
61KB, 800x786px
>>51718605
>wanting to make those faggots in rival Kabals stronger
Sink or swim on your own cockbag.
I bet you're from the Severed or some other shitty Kabal that Vect doesn't care enough about to acknowledge they exist.
>>
>>51717281
>>
>>51718605

>Being stronger together when you could be the only remaining weaker individual because you killed literally everyone else
>Being stronger together when you could be weaker overall and still at the top of the pile
>Willingly assisting your enemies
>Doing anything together ever and not secretly or openly trying to kill everyone else
>Implying you're actually "stronger together" and it's not just giving your ostensible allies more opportunities to steal your shit and kill you

Fucking mon-keigh or Tau pleb detected
>>
>>51709768
Because how else will i keep my factories working at full? I haven't got >5 years to watch 2 Monkeys or Fishpeople pop out another 1-5 more

Don't even mention how long it takes for "Eldar" slaves to spawn

I've got guns to run and money to make
>>
>>51710076
Not true at all but we're not on /pol/ so I'll just let it pass.
>>
>>51713986

I'm calling Poe's Law on you for being such a whiny bitch.
>>
>>51718954
Wait did they use slaves for factories? I thought it was automated and they just used them for sport.
>>
>>51719595
They tried that, but mass slave labor was both funnier and slightly more efficient.
>>
>>51719621
My penis wants to learn more about this. Is there any good reading material on the dark eldar beyond the codex?
>>
>>51717078
>would be akin to beastiality to them
Good thing they're all about the perverted stuff, then.
DE probably react like /d/ when exposed to handholding.
>>
>>51720127
I wonder if there are NEET Dark Eldar who are too scared to leave their houses so they watch videos of girls getting tortured.
>>
>>51720397
They would die of hunger. Plus NEETing is pretty hard when attendance to raids is mandatory, andbackstabbing the weak guys is socially recommended. The closest thing is probably a crazy Haemonculi obsessed with creating the perfect waifu murdermachine or something.

>Yaekassar, what is this shit?
>My latest Talos, of course. Isn't she terrific?
>The boobs I can understand, but why is it blushing?
>>
>>51710175
Like with chaos, you'd be a bitch boy with the short end of a stick.

Aka not fun.
>>
>>51709768
Fun fact, all emotions work.

Its just that pain is the strongest and tastiest. So there might just be a subgroup of insane deldar who just go around making everyone feel really good.
>>
File: 1439277050971.jpg (555KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1439277050971.jpg
555KB, 1536x2048px
>>51720644
>Brings it on raids so he can show off to other Haemonculi and his enemies
>One day, a lucky shot by an enemy brings it down
>They say that even the other Dark Eldar were shocked at the horrors he inflicted upon that world
>>
>>51709768
aint nobody got time for that
>>
>>51714413
Even worse, they dont eat the ugly perfectionist god comes and murders them forever.
>>
>>51720698
>killing a waifu
Wow, hold on, there's a thing as too much grimdark, and this is clearly an instance of it.

>>51720689
Just having a DE cuddling with you and baking you cookies would be a stressful experience. So they get to feed on fear and and happiness at the same time!
>>
Are there any Dark Eldar who just fuck off on their own and build some castle of pain somewhere?
>>
>>51720760
Sure, but thats just like building a giant target sign saying "God is a faggot" in texas and wearing it 24/7.
>>
>>51720689
>Its just that pain is the strongest and tastiest
It's also the easiest to evoke in large quantities. Just plug them on some pain machine. On the other hand, living on large amounts of confusion, being in love or genuine surprise might be quite difficult to invoke in other captured races.
>>
>>51720837
It doesn't help that to not be lured into the trap of slaaneesh, they had to dull a lot of their feelings.

I mean they still feel, but its not eldar levels or even close to human.
>>
>>51720837
Idea: Eldar are naturally beautiful, even if they have an alien appearance it usually just makes them even hotter. So make an Eldar strip club. Bring in a bunch of humans to lust after sexy wyches in bikinis to dance and tease the hell out of them and feast on their desire.
>>
>>51720858
Might as well put a guillotine over their dick to feast on some more emotions.
>>
>>51720906
But this way you can get the humans to come back willingly, and potentially tell their friends about it, thus getting you even more humans. All without actually needing to risk your life (and potentially getting buttfucked forever by Slaanesh) on raiding people.
>>
>>51720906
People already fap with barbed wire across the Imperium.
>>
>>51720956
Pfft, I bet these don't even excrete all kinds of toxins.
>>
>>51720127
In some spessh murinh novel there is a deutoroantagonist which is a half dark eldar corsair. Bitch is so hot looking even straight inquisitor women go full lesbo for her.
>>
>>51721039
>half dark eldar
No.
>>
>>51721070
It should be possible with an human mother. Even without Xenology "eldar egg cells are sluts that absorb all the genetic material they can find", DE are masters of bioengineering, and they modify slaves for fun.

No DE female would accept pregnancy from a mon'keigh, even if the two races were compatible.
>>
>>51721117
>No DE female would accept pregnancy from a mon'keigh, even if the two races were compatible.
Yeah but what if they really love eachother and that she enjoys causing him pain by holding his hands to hard.
>>
>>51721070
https://youtu.be/mOm3iwHb-E8
>>
File: 210-67.jpg (51KB, 149x150px) Image search: [Google]
210-67.jpg
51KB, 149x150px
>>51709768
Some are more prone to preying on captives, even trapped souls that they torture over many years after they've already destroyed their bodies. Many Dark Eldar enjoy the thrill that skirting death and coming out on top gives them. They live to dominate and laying waste to a somewhat peaceful agrarian planet and bringing unimaginable fear to an entire populace overnight gives them a high they wouldn't get from just beating up some slaves in a dark chamber. Dark Eldar are all things related to dominance and excess. There is nothing kept off the table, and everyone must feel their fear. Some might raid material space because it's easier than fighting in Commorragh and they might not have the resources to maintain their own torture gardens like Haemonculi.

It also keeps them in prime shape physically and mentally. If they just sat in Commorragh with their slaves they would stagnate and become weak, that's what happened to the old Aristocracy and why they were replaced with the Kabalite system of Meritocracy.

In short, there's a lot of different reasons depending on what a particular group of Dark Eldar enjoy or sometimes it's a "take what you can get" type situation.
>>
>>51721161
I will keep my "no".
>>
>>51721136
Considering that non vat-grown DE are pretty rare since the mother can't fight during pregnancy, I can hardly see one going through that hassle for a human, even if she's very extravagant.
You're not gonna flaunt your success to everybody with a baby mon'keigh.
>>
File: muju- resume.jpg (88KB, 1340x1000px) Image search: [Google]
muju- resume.jpg
88KB, 1340x1000px
>>51721255
Love can Bloom is canon.
>>
>>51709768
I'm sure some of them do breed individual slaves. I can see a dark eldar or two deliberately having a child conceived, then making damn sure that child is raised in a pampered privileged golden cage for as long as possible. Flat out doting on them. So that when they start the torture the sheer emotional betrayal makes it a thousands times more traumatizing, thus giving that individual dark eldar a feast of suffering.

Maybe they take it slow, and gradually increase the over all suffering. Or maybe the child simply wakes up one day and is thrown in the meat grinder.

But breeding slaves the same way you breed livestock? Totally unfeasible. In order to do that over multiple generations you need numbers large enough to prevent them all from winding up deformed or infertile due to lack of genetic diversity. For humans, that's a population of roughly 500 individuals at the smallest. IF every single one of those 500 in the first generation are not related to any of the other 500 in any way.

And then take into account all of that which goes into supporting a slave population, food, medicine (no one can breed if they wind up dead from crotch rot) water, clothes, proper housing, etc.
>>
>>51709768
>dark eldar
>efficient

Nigga you're talking about an unrependant race of space elves who literally fucked Slaanesh into existence, and then decided rather than go to rehab to keep fucking. Of course it would be, but it would also be less fun.

Theirs ain't a species that cares about efficiency.
>>
>>51710851
I too am deeply aroused by the American Civil War, yes.
>>
>>51721493
______No______
>>
>>51721536
Autism sure has taken over /tg/ with all notions of anything strictly not-canon just shouted down and not even discussed these days.
>>
>>51721517
But they literally are. Thats why they are different from eldar. Who in their goal for purity try to cut themselves off from emotions.

Pain is the easiest and is very fufilling emotion they need to eat. The whole race is literally minmaxing corperations leaving angry people with shitty, deadly cars because the lawsuits costs a few pennies less than building a new car.

Shit its like you didn't read trough the whole "The eldar race is a greek tragedy" shit.
>>
>>51721545
But LCB is not canon. And sometimes I wish it never happened
>>
>>51718477
If that's true then I wonder if dark eldar literally murder each other for the chance to own a slave captured during a raid, vs buying the bastard rape baby of a currently owned slave.

Do the dark eldar have classes, like we do IRL? How do the less well off dark eldar get by?
>>
>>51721649
>trying to apply marxist ideology to 40k
stop
>>
>>51721659
What.

Are you seriously trying to say that the dark eldar don't have a social hierarchy? That no one is in charge?
>>
>>51721724
social hierarchy is not class warfare
>>
>>51721659
Asking if a society has classes doesn't automatically make you marxist. Anyone studying feudal society basically has to talk about class at some point, that doesn't make them all marxists.
>>
>>51721550
I don't consider being forced to live a life of predation and decadence in order to barely stay out of the grasp of a Chaos God to be efficient at all. To extend your analogy, the race would rather continue screwing up the economy instead of making taking some austerity measures to avoid overinflation.

I agree they're a greek tragedy. I'm just saying-it's easier to actually get things done when you aren't metaphysically obliged to literally feed off pleasure and pain.
>>
>>51721735
>statement implies eldar could possibly be a classless society
just stop
>>
>>51721735
> Anyone studying feudal society basically has to talk about class at some point
No they don't, and it's absurdly anachronistic if they do. Someone who talks about class in feudalism is talking out his ass. Feudalism predates class by an immense amount of time. Stop trying to force everything to conform to your liberal ideology.
>>
>>51721758
Craftworld Eldar come pretty close.
>>
>>51721649
>If that's true then I wonder if dark eldar literally murder each other for the chance to own a slave captured during a raid, vs buying the bastard rape baby of a currently owned slave.

No, they'll just kill each other because that was the plan all along.

>Do the dark eldar have classes, like we do
Yes.

> How do the less well off dark eldar get by?
Suck up to an archon, join a cabal, fight in the arena, be a merc, join a gang, sell ground up meat of dead slaves, fish out dead slaves at the bottom of the city, or wander the streets basking in the constant conflict around them to stave off She Who Thirsts for one more day.
>>
>>51721804
No they don't, they're even more of a class hierarchy than the Imperium. The craftworlds are basically run entirely by the farseers and autarchs.
>>
>>51721804
Not even close.
>>
>>51712565
found the plantation owner
>>
>>51721863
Nope. It was a matter of public law and record, slavery was a tightly-regulated institution. The popular image of owners beating their slaves to a pulp and making them work 24/7 is simply false, except for maybe a few isolated cases (and there will always be law breakers).

Slaves had their own rights, kept money, were entitled to be cared for if they were injured or too old to work, many were educated to an extent, were allowed to worship and dress well, go into towns for leisure, etc. There are documented cases of slaves lending money to their masters when they fell on hard times.

Most of the 2% of people who were slaveholders had 1 or 2 slaves and they worked in the fields alongside them more as family members than anything. The image of factory plantations with thousands of slaves while the owners sipped lemonade at the big house is basically propaganda, or isolated at best.
>>
>>51721863
>doesn't want to be taken and enslaved by dark eldar
shit taste
>>
>>51710258
Also, they often raid imperial planet like hive worlds because the BAZILLION of human captive slaves and resources. Human are the most common species in the grim dark future and they reproduce like fire to near infinite amount. Even after one of the hive world has subjugate to exterminatus the number only drops A LITTLE. Did I also mention that there are 10000 of those planets?
>>
>>51721896
>doesn't want to be put into a work factory and force to make the same damn thing again and again for the rest of your life and will be subjected to torture regardless if you meet your quota

Gee, that is so enticing, he must be crazy for not wanting that.
>>
>>51721908
sounds great, where do i sign up
>>
>>51721904
That's not the primary reason though, as they'll raid anyone and anything. The real reason is pain. A raid against a couple hundred terrified Tau yields more emotion and suffering than a thousand slaves sacrificed to an archon.
>>
>>51721914
http://www.foxconn.com/
>>
>>51721930
would the dark eldar install suicide nets for their slaves or would their suicide be more beneficial?
>>
>>51721923
>has no link to the warp
>somehow more productive in emotion than humans

how?
>>
>>51721743
Yeah but the Deldar is at least breeding, the eldar are slowly dying. Both are safe from slaaneesh, but one is going to outlast the other, thats efficient.

And continuing our anology this is what the most succesfull companies are doing, they dont care if the economy is gonna break, they're making pennies more, efficient. Efficient does not mean good or even smart.
>>
>>51721937
Suicide pikes. Coated with toxin. That way the last few moments of life will feel like a painful eternity.

>>51721955
You don't need a connection to the warp to feel pain, or feel hopeless, and those are the two feeling DEldar absolutely love to consume.
>>
>>51721923
Bad example, tau souls are very bland for DE.
>>
>>51710278
At least they didn't cut their balls off like the arabs did, I think we can all agree they were the worst when it came to slavery not that it's a competition.
>>
>>51712198
except for some of the "indochinese issues"
>>
>>51718605
if everyone is stronger no one is stronger.
>>
>>51721734
Urgh it kind of is, that's what class means.

Good god you americans are brainwashed.
>>
>>51722248
it's quite strange how people don't realize their entire world view is subverted.
>>
>>51722258
Well isn't that the whole point of subverting someone's world view? If they realized it was going on it wouldn't work.
>>
>>51721161
>some literally who's "theories" prove that Half Eldar are possible.

Fuck off.
Half Eldar haven't been a thing in 40k in like 2 decades.
>>
File: 4683.jpg (51KB, 572x810px) Image search: [Google]
4683.jpg
51KB, 572x810px
>>51721351

But Dark Eldar are super depraved, who's to say one woudn't flaunt her success by modifying herself into mon'keigh/ur-ghul/catachan devil birthing machine?
>>
>>51721892
>The image of factory plantations with thousands of slaves while the owners sipped lemonade at the big house is basically propaganda, or isolated at best.
Isolated the same way billionaires are. Which is to say not common at all, but there are a couple.

>Slaves had their own rights
Courious, were they written down? Could they be enforced?

>Most of the 2% of people who were slaveholders
On a sidenote, you showed quite well why the slavery was important to the south in more than just economical ways.
Massive inequality becomes easier to overlook if you have some shits you can look down on.
>>
>>51722623
> super depraved,
By Human standards, you gotta think that while debasing yourself is pretty arousing - it's not going to get you anywhere in court life
A Slaanesh fallen Eldar could do that though

Remember that Sliscus writescarves poetry on the back of living slaves
>>
>>51723160
> Isolated the same way billionaires are. Which is to say not common at all, but there are a couple.
A handful out of only 2% of the population that owned slaves at all. There were usually only two or three large plantations in an entire state, the vast majority were small, family affairs where the slaves were just one of the family.

> Courious, were they written down? Could they be enforced?
Yes, and slave owners who mistreated their slaves could be punished.

If anything, the north was far more abusive toward their workers than the south was toward their slaves.
>>
>>51723650
>testimony taken from escaped slaves, pictures of the scars on their backs, buttocks and legs don't exist, rape of both sexes wasn't common
Look at this revisionist history.
Next you'll say that the Fort Sumpter garrison wasn't driven off by Southern aggressors.
>>
>>51723708
> testimony taken from escaped slaves
Of course criminals will try to spin tall tales to justify their crimes. They should always be taken with a grain of salt, since they have a vested interest in trying to get people to sympathize with them and they're clearly not above lying to do it.

> pictures of the scars on their backs, buttocks and legs
The famous picture that you're referring to actually depicts an infection, not scars.

> rape
It was common for slaves to offer sexual favors in exchange for various things. Despite the modern trend toward calling every little thing rape, it isn't. Slaves generally weren't forced into sex, and in the few cases they were such things could be punished.

> the Fort Sumpter garrison
Sumpter is a city in Oregon. If you mean Fort Sumter, it was an illegal occupation of Confederate land by the Union. No sovereign nation would allow a foreign power to hold a fort in one of its major harbors threatening passing ships. And despite the Union refusal to return the fort, the Confederacy did compensate the Union for the fort after taking it back (which, incidentally, involved no actual deaths).
>>
>>51723812
>Of course criminals will try to spin tall tales to justify their crimes
>Fredrick Douglas, Sojourner Truth, Harriet Tubman were nefarious criminals spinning lies
>The famous picture that you're referring to actually depicts an infection
Oh, you mean all of them? There is more than one anon, google helps.
>It was common for slaves to offer sexual favors in exchange for various things. Despite the modern trend toward calling every little thing rape, it isn't. Slaves generally weren't forced into sex, and in the few cases they were such things could be punished.
By who, especially since American chattel laws specifically allowed for such things, and only Jewish owners applied biblical standards?
Let's not get into the application of religion as a tool to coerce submission, or the Willy Lynch theory.
>>
>>51723850
Further, your leaping to terms like "criminal" is a common media (and /pol/) tactic to try and discredit a victim, denying them their human element or anything like sympathy.
>>
>>51723812
>Slaves generally weren't forced into sex, and in the few cases they were such things could be punished.

I expect you can point to some instances of slave owners being punished for sexual misconduct with their slaves, then?

I'll wait.
>>
>>51723873
If you want to condemn slavery, that's fine, but don't pretend like the United States ever had anything more than a minor part in it.

Again, of the ~12,000,000 slaves sold in the Americas, only about 380,000 were ever sold in North America.

You want your evil slave states, it's not the South, but the Caribbean and Brazil that you need to concern yourself with.
>>
>>51723850
> Fredrick Douglas, Sojourner Truth, Harriet Tubman were nefarious criminals spinning lies
They were. Running away from their obligations was a crime, and helping others do the same was also a crime.

> Oh, you mean all of them? There is more than one anon, google helps.
I'm referring to this one. Popular myth likes to claim that they were from whipping, but in reality they were the result of an infection. Realistically, slave owners did not whip their slaves all that much, since that risked harming valuable property that most slave owners relied on to get work done around the farm so that they could have enough money to eat. Also, excessively harming a slave was a punishable offense.
>>
>>51723873
>>51723915
Really, slavery was far more common in Africa itself and the Middle East than it ever was in Europe or the Americas. The truth is that slavery was mainly practiced by Africans on other Africans, and the Europeans were basically just a side market that Africans sometimes offloaded extra slaves on.
>>
>>51723918
>Realistically, slave owners did not whip their slaves all that much, since that risked harming valuable property that most slave owners relied on to get work done around the farm
You do know that whips, while painful, rarely if ever make life threatening/crippling injuries unless you specifically aim for places on the head or genitals, right?
>Running away from their obligations
I recognize you, now, you are the same guy that ALWAYS posts the same lines about slavery in the Americas. It's like a slave apologist version of Touhoufag.
>>
Are there any "good" dark eldar? Anyone who's just grown so tired of the same shit day in and day out and finally giving up?

Would it be too late to switch over?
>>
>>51723918
>Running away from their obligations was a crime, and helping others do the same was also a crime.

kek this is Judge Dredd level legalism
>>
>>51723998
It's simply the truth. A runaway slave was a criminal, and helping them was also a crime. It might be popular now among some people to view rule of law as quaint or outdated concept and to refuse to enforce it, but the reality is that they broke the law and that made them criminals.
>>
>>51723955
It's true to a point, though it should also be noted that it wasn't just any (((Europeans))) that founded and maintained the slave trade. A handful of Dutch Jews alone were responsible for something like 4,000,000 of the slaves sold in the New World.

Of course, it was also the same (((group))) that came up with, financed, and ultimately reaped the profits of the plantation cash crop economy.
>>
>>51724027
No, I understand you. Just so long as you are consistent.
>>
>>51723899
As soon as you point to a credible instance of a slave owner committing sexual misconduct with their slaves.
>>
>>51723955
Originally, yes. But when big plantation farms in the colonies became commonplace, Europeans became the single biggest market for slave traders. Arabs and other Africans rarely bought a lot of slaves, since they primarily used them for housework, assisting in farming, or in prostitution. In big plantations, however, you could easily have hundreds of slaves, and depending on the location the turnover rate was very high. For total amount of slaves sold Europeans were probably less than all Africans and Arabs combined, but they bought a lot more per buyer.

I know some African slave traders were very confused about why the hell the Europeans kept buying so many slaves, since logistics of plantation farming would not be familiar to them, and concluded they probably eat them or kill them for fun, or something (i.e. pretty much what DE do with their slaves). But hey, money is money.
>>
>>51724205
Again, keep in mind that the US has a very minor degree of responsibility for any of that.
>>
>>51724205
> But when big plantation farms in the colonies became commonplace
Big plantations were rare, most slave owners only owned a few slaves.
>>
>>51724253
Big plantations /were/ common, just not in the United States.

He's 'blending facts' to make a historical narrative that's politically convenient. His reason for arguing that is solely to shove blame onto Americans for things they didn't really do.
>>
>>51724237
> the US has a very minor degree of responsibility
None really, since it was the Africans who were taking the slaves in the first place. Without that, there wouldn't have been a slave trade. Slavery was basically just inflicted on Africans by Africans.
>>
>>51710175
Being a Tau would be a way better option.

Even if you're a lowly Fio'la, your life is still pretty good.
>>
>>51724409
Life as a Tau is even worse than life in the Imperium. In the Imperium there's at least a chance that you can make something of yourself. In the Tau Empire, your entire life is planned out for you from your birth to your inevitable death for the good of the Empire. Any individuality is stamped out, any creativity is rewarded by being disappeared.
>>
File: Citation Needed XKCD.png (29KB, 300x163px) Image search: [Google]
Citation Needed XKCD.png
29KB, 300x163px
>>51724482
>pic related several times over
>>
>>51724512
Deathwatch touched on this. The Tau have become as stagnant as the Imperium technologically because people who try to invent new things are disappeared for being threats to the state.
>>
>>51724536
see
>>51724512
Page numbers and or screen caps please.
>>
>>51724304
I didn't mention anything about Americans, just European colonies in general (USA of course stopped being a colony but in this case we can probably consider it in the same category). Considerable amounts of slaves were shipped to America, but notably less less than into Caribian island and Brazil, which were probably the two biggest consumers of slaves (high mortality due to terrible working conditions, and just having larger percentage of the economy built on slave-labour).
>>
>>51724759
>Considerable amounts of slaves were shipped to America

Again, it's less than 4% of the total volume. 380,000 out of 12,000,000.

Do you consider 4 to be a "considerable amount" of 100?
>>
>>51724759
Less than 2% of the total slaves sold by African slave traders ended up in America. That's basically nothing. Again, slavery in the US was only a minor issue no matter how much you try to blow it out of proportion for political reasons.
>>
>>51723419
>By Human standards, you gotta think that while debasing yourself is pretty arousing - it's not going to get you anywhere in court life

Once you're an archon nothing's stopping you from doing whatever, unless you're summoning daemons or some shit others won't gang on you if you do perverted modifications on yourself.
>>
>>51724482
It's the opposite, really. With Tau, every member of the same caste gets put through effectively same training, and those who do well at their job can get a promotion: for fire caste, of whom we have most information of, after certain amount of years in service a warrior is subjected to the "trial of fire" test, and if they pass they get promoted to shas'ui (fire warrior squad leader or basic battlesuit pilot). Any fire warrior can theoretically become a commander, provided they live long enough (the trials to get a promotion are based on years of service) and are skilled enough.

In the Imperium, if your family is making shells in a lower hive weapon manufactorum, that's what you'll be doing, just like your ancestors for the past 100 generations. Meanwhile, somebody born into an upper hive noble family will have far more influence and wealth than you can even dream of simply because of their lineage.
In the Guard and Navy it's possible to get promoted based on skill to some degree, but there's usually a hard cap between comissioned and non-comissioned officers. Random guardsman or rating might get eventually promoted to sergeant or boatswain if they're good enough, but is extremely unlikely to become a lord-commander or -captain, who are most likely noblemen who with any luck have been schooled for the position for most of their lives (if you're not lucky, he's some clueless twat who's only got the job because daddy was friends with the planetary governor).
>>
>>51724812
I would consider 380 000 people to be a considerable amount of people. That's significantly more than the population of my home town. True, it's a small percentage of the total amount, but that's still a lot of slaves.
>>
>>51724966
Wrong. In the Imperium, even a nobody with zero past can rise to the top. Creed was just a random kid found in a ruin on Cadia with nothing to his name, and he rose to the rank of Lord Castellan within 40 years of being found. In the Tau Empire, your caste determines everything from how you live to how you die from the moment you're born, and if you're not born into the Ethereal caste you will never have any power.
>>
>>51724991
It's a drop in the bucket compared to the number of slaves that were being sold by Africans to other Africans. It's not a lot, it's a tiny sliver, and trying to portray it as such shows that you're more interested in your political narrative than actual facts.
>>
File: 1485859390712.jpg (205KB, 859x590px) Image search: [Google]
1485859390712.jpg
205KB, 859x590px
>>51724027
Chaotic Good will always destroy Lawful Evil.
>>
>>51725117
> Chaotic Good will always destroy Lawful Evil.
It's more like chaotic neutral versus lawful neutral. The reality was that the abolitionists were no better than their southern counterparts, and in some cases were much worse.
>>
>>51725117
Breaking the law is not good. It's not necessarily evil, but it's never good. Good cannot exist without rule of law, and rule of law cannot exist without people willing to enforce the law. Those who violate the law go against good, and those who aid criminals cannot honestly be called good.
>>
>>51725040
I think you're confusing me with whoever posted before, as all I've said is
a) European buyers as a whole (not just USA) were the biggest single buyers for slaves, although smaller than all African and Arab buyers together (Europeans bought large amounts of slaves at once, and placed like Caribia had to keep buying new ones pretty much all the time to replace the dead ones, while most African and Arab buyers would just buy a few slaves). This is because Europeans were the only ones of the three to make use of slavery on industrial scale rather than in individual scale.
B) Americans had many (in absolute numbers, not in total percentage of all slaves in the world) slaves, but not nearly as many as a lot of other places. Although you can argue that several hundred thousand people isn't really that many in the overall scale of things. Slavery was still pretty prelevant in the southern states, though, so it wasn't like slaves were a super rare thing in America, either.
>>
>>51725291
> Slavery was still pretty prelevant in the southern states
No it wasn't, only 2% of the population owned slaves, and in the vast majority of those cases only one or two slaves. Slavery wasn't a big thing in America.
>>
>>51725206
What if the law is unjust? If an evil lord writes the laws so that he may oppress the populace as he sees fit, and sentences to death anybody who he suspects, rightly or not, for opposing him, would the lawful good paladin be obliged to do nothing, or turn himself in to be executed because he opposes evil?
>>
>>51725405
If he doesn't like the law, then he can leave. No one is forcing him to stay. But if the lawful lord passes a law, it is the duty of any good person to either abide by it or leave.
>>
>>51725344
I was under the assumption that the main reason why southern states mostly opposed abolition and northern states supported it was that slavery was actually economically significant in the south, while largely insignificant in the north.
Although it's entirely possible that I'm wrong. If slavery wasn't very imporant even in the south, what was the reason for opposing banning it, then? While it wasn't the only (or even main) reason for thw whole Civil War, it did play into the southern states wanting independence so I figure the must have been some reason why they considered banning slavery to be a big issue.
>>
>>51725744
Slavery was important to the planter aristocracy that had a stranglehold on political power in the South, but both as a share of its whole economy and the total population, slavery was quite insignificant.

Upwards of 98% of the Southern population was almost completely unrepresented by the elected officials they had in Congress, and honestly the same was true of the North, it's just that the 2% in the North were industrialists and not planters.
>>
File: runaway-slaves.jpg (307KB, 1362x909px) Image search: [Google]
runaway-slaves.jpg
307KB, 1362x909px
>>51725447
> If you don't like it, just leave.

You're aware that this is a conversation about slavery right?
>>
>>51723996
Once in a while a DEldar gets tired of his/her lifestyle and leave the webway. Most end as cosairs or exodites, with a few joining the harlequins or the craftworlders.
>>
>>51725912
The paladin isn't a slave, so the paladin can just leave. The slave, however, has obligation to his master and thus should not leave.
>>
>>51725830
Maybe you should go and read a book:
>What one finds is that the total market value of slaves represented nearly a year and a half of US national income in the late eighteenth century and the first half of the nineteenth century, which is roughly equal to the total value of farmland.
Piketty, Capital in XXI century

They were as insignificant as farmland. Or as 1/4th of the whole capital of the US.
>>
>>51726026
> quoting thomas piketty on anything
I expected better from /tg/.
>>
>>51726026
Slaves were valuable, sure. That's why they were generally treated well. But they were still a fairly insignificant sliver of both the population and the economy.
>>
>>51726038
>better datasource on XIX century economy existing
I bet you have your papers peer reviewed on it.
>>
>>51726038
In our defense, up until he came along we were having a fairly good historical discussion free of the usual propaganda and political rhetoric surrounding the issue of slavery.
>>
>>51726065
>In 1800, slaves represented nearly 20 percent of the population of the United States: roughly 1 million slaves out of a total population of 5 million. In the South, where nearly all of the slaves were held,14 the proportion reached 40 percent: 1 million slaves and 1.5 million whites for a total population of 2.5 million.
You can check US census on that.
>>
>>51726084
A census produced by a federal government that had a vested interest in portraying slavery as a bigger deal than it actually was.
>>
>>51726103
>all sources claiming something else than I do are wrong: the post
Because you know your numbers better! Everyone is in the conspiracy: all modern researchers and census takers from both 1800 and 1860! But thank gods for the greatest mind of the last three centuries who saw right through it! He knows the truth! Slavery didn't exist! Slaves were treated so well nobody knows who would buy them if taking care of them took so much effort!
How's your tinfoil? Not too tight?
>>
>>51722163
Well, I'd guess that the Belgians (Leopold mostly, but that's something else) were about as ruthless and brutal as the Arabs
>>
>>51726178
That's because, like Arabs, Belgians aren't actually human.
>>
File: small slave farm.jpg (115KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
small slave farm.jpg
115KB, 800x531px
>>51725344
> Muh 2% of southerners.

No, a small percentage of slave-owners were the owners of more than a hundred slaves, but members of slave owning families (remember married women couldn't own property in many cases, and then there's children, so your hundred percent can be slashed straight away to maybe 50% or less of people who *could* own slaves).

Members of slave-owning families were around one third, breakdowns by state can be seen below.

http://www.civilwarcauses.org/stat.htm
http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/disp_textbook.cfm?smtID=2&psid=3557

A breakdown of a variant of this meme can be read here:

http://www.mediaskeptic.net/?p=122

Conversely, the vast plantation does indeed represent one of the major experiences of the slaves themselves, with around one half of slaves being confined on large plantations, it's not as unrepresentative as you claim.

Pictured: a small slave farm.
>>
>>51726187
First correct post in this thread.
>>
File: abraham_lincoln_1308707435_88.jpg (20KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
abraham_lincoln_1308707435_88.jpg
20KB, 400x500px
>>51725958
I hope you are okay with this absurdist legalist argument being applied to the slaveowners themselves. They should have just bent over and taken whatever the Republican party had planned to halt the spread of the slave trade and diminish it after 1860.

What'm I saying, of course, you don't think that...
>>
>>51712198
The Dutch were probably the least brutal, but that is mostly because they lived with only one ideal during colonialism, profit
Indonesian sultans and kings were allowed to remain in power, as long as they respected the Dutch authority and paid their taxes
If those local kings wanted to be more cruel and harsh to their subjects to increase their own wealth, fine by the Dutch
Only when the Scramble for Africa (and with that the rise of widespread colonialism in the whole world) they cracked down on the locals, in a fashion completely in order with the rest
>>
>>51726224
There was nothing stopping them from leaving the union, the 10th Amendment meant they could if they wanted to. Aside from that, the Constitution clearly prohibits the federal government from depriving a citizen of property without due process, and slaves were property. Restricting slavery was a violation of the property rights guaranteed in the Constitution and would be illegal. The Dred Scott decision made this perfectly clear. A slave was property regardless of where he was, and no part of the United States could legally make a slave something other than property any more than a state could declare that a chair was somehow magically a person.
>>
>>51726289
Funny how you appeal to the Supreme Court with your property rights, but not with the secession.

Apart from confiscation of the property of rebels with the Emancipation Declaration, the US supported the property rights of slaveowners who were not in revolt thirteenth amendment abolished it.

The Thirteenth Amendment obviated the Dred Scott decision.
>>
File: off to kill rebel scum.jpg (2MB, 2000x1367px) Image search: [Google]
off to kill rebel scum.jpg
2MB, 2000x1367px
>>51726332
* until the thirteenth amendment abolished it.
>>
>>51726332
> Funny how you appeal to the Supreme Court with your property rights, but not with the secession.
Because it isn't necessary. Secession was clearly allowed under the 10th Amendment.

> The Thirteenth Amendment obviated the Dred Scott decision.
The 13th Amendment was never properly ratified and thus is not legally binding. Ratification at gunpoint is extortion, not consent.
>>
>>51726417
And slavery was legally binding, because they agreed to be slaves not at gunpoint :^)
If they didn't want to be slaves they should be born white :^)
>>
File: sept12sherman.jpg (113KB, 460x586px) Image search: [Google]
sept12sherman.jpg
113KB, 460x586px
>>51726417
Ahah, sure.

Sadly I can't really argue about an interpretation of the law not based in jurisprudence but in the likes of 'Bonnie Blue Publishing.'

Have a picture of Sherman to express my contempt, rebel swine.
>>
>>51726463
Slavery in the US was compulsory at birth, consent was not required. Ratification of Constitutional amendments, however, does require the consent of the states. Big difference.
>>
>>51722074
They don't just use souls though. If that were the case, they'd focus on weapons that killed their targets instead of making them feel excruciating pain.
>>
>>51726516
> Have a picture of Sherman to express my contempt, rebel swine.
Funny thing is that Sherman was perfectly fine with slavery, and like most people believed that the negro was simply inferior and that slavery was the best way of dealing with them. He sympathized with the south, he just opposed splitting up the union.
>>
>>51725017
That says more about Creed than it does about the Imperium's flexibility between classes
>>
File: William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg (452KB, 1920x2437px) Image search: [Google]
William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg
452KB, 1920x2437px
>>51726525
Yes, they became slaves for the most part by their ancestors losing wars/razzia raids in Africa. You're okay with people suffering because they lost in fights or were taken in raids? Good - the Confederacy lost a big ol' fight.

Have another picture of Sherman.
>>
>>51726525
And that's why? I say US constitution is lawless because it required physical extortion against the British.
US fathers should just pay their taxes to the Crown. They were criminals and all laws made by criminals are void.
>>
>>51725017
Also wrong about Tau not being able to have power outside of the Ethereal Caste, Farsight had enough power to form a breakaway colony on his own and many Firecaste high officers are very influential even among Ethereals

Ethereal are known for taking advice from subordinates well, so a competent officer could become a military adviser to an Ethereal and have power through him
>>
File: atlanta-burning.jpg (142KB, 1321x420px) Image search: [Google]
atlanta-burning.jpg
142KB, 1321x420px
>>51726588
I... know? But your heart bleeds for the poor little rebs, so...

Have a picture of the terror(ising) attack in Atlanta
>>
>>51726601
I don't care about Africans in Africa because they have no rights under the Constitution. The south and slaveowners, however, did, and violating those rights broke the law.
>>
>>51726642
>violating laws of people who violated laws of the King, chosen by God and the Head of His Church
Kek, that's rich.
>>
>>51709768
Commorragh simply isn't big enough to support that kind of farming, most of their slaves are killed within a week or two of acquisition.

They also raid for physical materials they need/want as well as slaves.

Raiding is fun as well, Commorragh is safe but boring for them.

Why breed slaves, feed them, water them, so on when you can just go grab some free range ones and if you leave it a few years they'll get replaced for free? Hell some planets won't even notice the missing ones.

Bringing back slaves from a raid is a massive sign of social status, it says your kabal has its shit together enough to organise a raid successfully.
>>
>>51726200
That looks super comfy.

We need to bring slavery back
>>
>>51726633
That was after the Ethereal watching his Sept died, and he broke away before a replacement was found.

Ethereals take advice from their subordinates because said subordinates will never disobey the Ethereal so long as they are present.
>>
>>51726737

If we do, you can be my slave.
>>
>>51726773
No, I will be a slave owner.

We will get new ones from africa.
>>
>>51717666
They don't clone, what they do is quick growth of fertilised ova in artificial wombs
>>
>>51723812
I can't believe we're getting a "muh Confederacy dindu nuffin wrong, south will rise again, states rights!" shit on /tg/. What a day to be alive lads.
>>
I find it hilarious that this thread has been hijacked by Confederate apologist shit-gibbons, when in the 40k lore a whole bunch of dark eldar just went 'oh hey, we can live without this slavery shit now? Sign me the fuck up!'

Dark Eldar; literally better people than /pol/.
>>
>>51726899
And I can't believe there are still people on /tg/ who buy into the "union=good, confederacy=bad" meme.
>>
>>51726998

The union doesn't need to be good; slavery only needs to be evil.
>>
>>51709950
>well, more than currently, I mean).
what is exactly going there at this moment? Another disjunction?
>>
>>51727046
The war had little to do with slavery and much more to do with the north trying to assert dominance over the south.
>>
>>51726906
I find a plothole here.

Arent Dark Eldar afraid of real space? since they havent given up their old way of living that means that when they go unto real space Slaneesh basicall keeps sucking them like a lollypop, that's why they live in comorragh, in order to escape from that sucking.

So now we have a bunch of Dark Eldar going around in real space without care of slaneesh sucking them up?
And what is this new god anyway? does it keep the souls of the dead eldar for herself instead of them going to slaneesh?
>>
>>51727046
Slavery isn't necessarily good nor evil. It can be either, but like a lot of things it's mostly neutral.
>>
>>51727066
>The union doesn't need to be good; slavery only needs to be evil.
Affirmative. Ynnead investing Yvraine as his prophet shattered Khaine's Gate, causing a daemonic outpouring, and the Decapitator finished his skull-collection, resulting in a mandrake uprising.

Many lower class Dark Eldar have signed on with Yvraine to be free of the hunger and fucked off out of the dark city, while Vect has withdrawn to bolt holes and is letting the weaker kabals fight the daemons off.

He plans to return and take over the city once the disjunction ends and sweep up some of the weakened kabals.
>>
>>51726998
>>51727081
You lost the war Cleetus, get over it.
>>51726906
I wonder how long before mods delete this thread.
>>
>>51727103
Becoming reborn frees them from the soul drain.

Craftworlder reborn cast aside their waystones too.

Frustratingly the book doesn't explain *how* this works in detail, just that it does.
>>
>>51727113
It's kinda like cannibalism in that respect I guess. More of a moral issue.
>>
>>51727138
motherfuckers... no wonder why they went for this bitch right away. So what the fuck happens when they die around her?
>>
>>51727173
Their souls are absorbed by the nearest other Ynnari/Reborn, where they retain a sort of half-life. It's implied that eventually they get filtered into Ynnead.

The book is *disappointing* on the details of how the lore does what it does. But I've only had it a day, maybe I am missing bits.
>>
>>51727233
wrath of magnus was pretty half assed as well.
>>
>>51723812
The Union wasn't the illegal force here. The Constitution doesn't have an exit clause, you rebel scum.

T. Space Coast
>>
File: 1448689485978.jpg (41KB, 205x310px) Image search: [Google]
1448689485978.jpg
41KB, 205x310px
>>51710768
I like you elf friend
>>
>>51727534
The 10th Amendment of the Constitution reserves for the states any power not delegated to the federal government or prohibited to the states. That includes the right to leave the union, so there was nothing illegal about secession.
>>
>>51727881
The whole "united states of America" were illegal from the very beginning, as their creation was against the divine right of the King of Great Britain and Ireland, Elector of Hannover and so on.
>>
>>51727081
And the south had it coming, moving on BACK TO DARK ELDAR!
>>
>>51724939
True, but that's still 9 months were your hormones and backpains are gonna make you worse at fights, with no compensation (while regular DE preg gives you an heir of high birth)
>>
File: talos scream engine.jpg (303KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
talos scream engine.jpg
303KB, 1280x800px
>>51720689
We shall build engines of pure fear and use them to power our city!
>>
File: mad-onna.jpg (236KB, 691x625px) Image search: [Google]
mad-onna.jpg
236KB, 691x625px
>>51727113

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_to_moderation

Read the last sentence.
>>
>>51721767
How the actual fuck does feudalism predate class? The Romans had classes! There were patricians, plebians, freedmen, and slaves. Though by the late Republic the distinction between patricians and plebeians became less important, so instead it was more like senatorial class, equestrian class, commoners, freedmen, and slaves. Class is just the term for the strata in a society-wide hierarchy. Is there some other definition i'm not aware of?
>>
File: 1475270438598.jpg (256KB, 1024x1453px) Image search: [Google]
1475270438598.jpg
256KB, 1024x1453px
Oh my fucking god can we just go back to discussing Dark Eldar?
>>
>>51727081
>The Civil War wasn't about slavery, it was about states' rights!
>Specifically, the right of states to declare some people nonpersons.
>>
>>51733262
I want to absorb her psychic energy.
>>
>>51733361
>Sergeant Cletus Bumblefuck was fighting to keep the slaves he didn't have

ok dude
>>
>>51733785
Sure, but he might have been fighting to -one day- be able to own slaves. People will be perfectly happy to support a broken system if there's a chance of them ending up on top one day.

... Just like the Dark Eldar, so let''s get the fuck back on topic, shall we?
>>
>>51710308
Dark Eldar raid other races.

This is also important because Dark Eldar can litterally be bored to death and the concept horrifies them because Slaanesh. So they need the thrill of battle to sustain themselves.

Humanity is just a wife for Dark Eldar to get drunk and beat up to feel in charge for once.
>>
>>51735190
I mean why don't they just use the orks? They reproduce a ton.
>>
>>51733262
Only if you post an actual Eldar and not a human with strange ears.
>>
>>51735916
I don't like greenskins, they're dimwitted and rowdy and they get everywhere.
>>
>>51736284
Best I've got is Beckjann
>>
>>51724109

Pffffthahahahahaha
>>
>>51720934

That would probably be as appealing to an Eldar, as you receiving the attention of a band particularly horny chimpanzees.
>>
>>51710503

My great great grandmother and father worked on sugar plantations!

You be fair though, they weren't slaves. I hear my great great gram was a huge cunt so maybe it was just shit.
>>
>>51726906
I mean, the alternative to living in a paranoia inducing, murderous hellscape is joining a literal death cult, so baby steps there.
>>
>>51710213
Your shitty mind break anime isn't real.
Tortured and isolated people aren't capable of having sex at all.
>>
>>51737711
Sorry to say that, but rape is a thing.
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.