[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for an RPG that is focused on economics and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: trader_ship.jpg (24KB, 236x312px) Image search: [Google]
trader_ship.jpg
24KB, 236x312px
I'm looking for an RPG that is focused on economics and trading. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I was thinking Rogue Trader but it doesn't really fit the theme. The other was Iron Kingdoms but I need to make an entire economy system from scratch and what i have so far is pretty bad.
>>
File: Landstrom102.jpg (90KB, 557x750px) Image search: [Google]
Landstrom102.jpg
90KB, 557x750px
>>51706057
Seconding this.
>>
>>51706057
Stars without Number, with the Suns of Gold supplement?
It's about playing intrepid 17th century merchant princes IN SPACE!
>>
File: carraca de 1000 tóneis.jpg (72KB, 618x817px) Image search: [Google]
carraca de 1000 tóneis.jpg
72KB, 618x817px
>>51706232
Please tell a little more?
>>
File: Trade.jpg (2MB, 1177x2437px) Image search: [Google]
Trade.jpg
2MB, 1177x2437px
>>51706057
Traveller does trading. With some tweaks you could set it up for any period or setting.

pic is a quickref image I compiled for the trading aspect of Traveller.
>>
File: HMS_Victoria_121_guns.jpg (114KB, 540x789px) Image search: [Google]
HMS_Victoria_121_guns.jpg
114KB, 540x789px
>>51706232
Please elaborate further.
>>51706424
I'll give it a once over and see if I can come up with something. Also don't mind if I swipe that quickref.
>>
>>51706057
Warhammer Fantasy 2ed
>>
>>51707170
Wait is that any good? I heard it was shit.
>>
>>51707440
Is this bait? WHFRP 2E is one of the better designed PNPs of all time. It's easily in my top ten.
>>
>>51707453
Yeap, I fucked up my editions. I was thinking of 3rd. I played 2nd ed for a bit so I can see how with a bit of homebrew you can get it to work.
>>
>>51706253
>>51706942

I'll jump in here; so SWN has a bunch of subsystem modules which you can hotswap in however you need or want. They're not tied to the central task resolution of SWN and so you can rip 'em out for your own game if there's a core system you like better. This was an intentional design because the guy who made SWN is based as fuck.

Anyway, Suns of Gold has rules for generating a world's import/exports as well as "friction" which is a metric for how difficult the local conditions make it to turn a profit.

These, in turn, form the basis of the individual sessions. DM generates friction to eat at your base profits, you figure out ways to lessen friction by hook or by crook.

It does an excellent job of making sure that being an entrepreneur and business person is more than just counting beans.
>>
>>51707509

I'm gonna get more specific, because I love SWN.

1) Determine which two of the world's 10 trade goods has the best price; you'll always know generally which goods are relevant to trade on this planet, but not specifically which ones are relevant right now.

2) If you don't like the two you can re-roll, but this adds "Friction", a metric of how difficult/unprofitable trade deals are. Friction eats profits, so be wary.

3) To buy goods roll 3d6 - Exptertise (a metric of your trade-savvy. SWN has its own calculation for it but you can sub in your own relatively easily) + Friction +/- Modifiers for the type of goods (military tech is more expensive, raw goods less so etc.). Consult the Sales Chart to see what price you get per unit.

4) To sell goods, reverse it; roll 3d6 + Expertise - Friction +/- Modifiers for planet or cargo type. Consult the Sales Chart to see what price you get per unit.

This is all complicated by the world's "trouble threshold"; each time you make a deal there is a chance something goes wrong which will impact the deal. this is where the system goes from "interesting bookeeping" to "adventure generator".

A deal for off-world weapons might fall through because the local warlords suddenly made peace, a new tariff might be imposed which will destroy your profits unless you arrange for less-than-legal transportation off the planet, a new product might tank the sales price of the similar product you're hawking. All of the "troubles" SoG produces are great.
>>
>>51707509
>>51707654

>>51706217 >>51706253 Here, thanks a lot. That is just the kind of thing I wanted.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.