[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /tg/ I'm working on a game and I could use your help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Small-Army-Tank-128299.jpg (180KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
Small-Army-Tank-128299.jpg
180KB, 1000x669px
Hello /tg/

I'm working on a game and I could use your help. The idea is quite simple : it's football with tanks. You create an team of three unique tanks, and you must put a ball in the other team goal. It uses hexagon for movement of both tanks and the ball, and tank can simply push the ball while moving or shooting it with weapon to throw it.
There is also of a course a complex combat mechanic that allows some detailed fighting. Its particularity is to use, for each tank, a detailed grid of each face of the tank to target parts and locate damage like in Battleship.
My main problem is the basic turn system. In my first test which was simple tanks duel, I used a programation system that I liked but I'm not sure it would work with football, and with more than one tank to manage. You secretly choose two actions that resolved at the same time as your opponent's (actions were move, fire, use a part and react).

I could explain more during the thread, but for now, I'd like to hear your ideas of more funny stuff to put in it.
>>
YGIG seems to work well for guildball. While concurrent actions are neat, I think wargames are generally too abstracted to make them work.
>>
>YGIG seems to work well for guildball
what do you mean exactly by this ?
>>
>>51688504
I Go You Go
>>
I also would like to find a way to make the explosion feels right
>>
Bumpin because page 7 and I really would like your help and opinion about this.

I just realised that I said football when it's really soccer for you overseas.
>>
>>51689762

It's okay brah, most of us know what you're talking about in that context.
>>
Post the system in a pdf, it'll be easier for us to give feedback.
>>
>>51691004
I would have if I could. For now it's handwritten in french in a notebook, with lots of schematics. I'll try to make a quick summary asap
>>
File: petank for tg.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
petank for tg.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51691004
>>51691036
Okay here it is. It's messy as fuck and probably has a fuckton of broken english but I'll be glad to hear what you think and answer any question. I just want to make this game work.

The name of the game is "Pet'tank : Tu te pointe, je tire." in barely translatable, it's a reference to Pétanque, a cult sport in southern france, where you either "tire" (shoot) or "pointe" (point). The subtitle here means "you show up, I shoot"
>>
bumpity
>>
>>51691698
Come on dudes, I typed all this to get your help
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.