[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 22

File: nn.jpg (257KB, 900x1386px) Image search: [Google]
nn.jpg
257KB, 900x1386px
Previous Thread: >>51653222
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/winter-flu-goes-to-the-dogs-edition-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
What's the best way to make a stereotypical necromancer?
>>
Is fire from Lure of Flames actually conjured from somewhere else or is it actually just being created by the user?
>>
>>51678495
Probably with a Moros going all in on the Death arcanum.
>>
Name a WtA tribe.
>>
>>51678593

Silent Striders.

I don't even like them, but I have to keep my Egyptaboo branding up. The real best Tribes are Shadow Lords, Black Furies, and Glass Walkers
>>
>>51678620
>Silent Striders - While searching for their Tribal Homeland in the Umbra, the Striders discover an ancient evil force known as "Grandmother" that may or may not be Set himself. The Striders, hoping to set the Wyrm and "Grandmother" against each other, willingly fall to the Wyrm, hoping to have the Black Spiral Dancers attack the new enemy. At this time, the Silver Fangs decide to attack the Spirals and the Hungry Ghosts as the Striders are now known. Concerned for their own safety, the Hungry Ghosts turn on their former allies. Owl rejects them as a totem when they fall, and the Hungry Ghosts adopt the Wyrmish form of Bat as their new one.
>>
>>51678644

Is this from something or your weird fanfic? Because Set isn't evil and doesn't map to Grandmother whatsoever; a Kemetic take on Grand Maw would most likely be Apep or maybe an antagonistic Ammut.
>>
File: Bone Gnawers.png (2MB, 844x1179px) Image search: [Google]
Bone Gnawers.png
2MB, 844x1179px
>>51678593
Bone Gnawer
>>
>>51678677
>Bone Gnawers - This scenario argues that the Bone Gnawers have been falling to the Wyrm slowly for years. Eventually the Wyrmish Gnawers outnumber the Gaian ones, until Mother Larissa is assassinated. The Wyrmish Gnawers tell the rest of their tribe they can join them or die, a third join, a third are killed, and the other third flees. The Gnawers change their name to the Plague Rats and their totem "Rat" becomes "Plague Rat." Their Apocalyptic method is to unleash a disease that kills a billion humans within 2 months.

>>51678675
Summaries from the Apocalypse sourcebook.
>>
>>51678690
>Their Apocalyptic method is to unleash a disease that kills a billion humans within 2 months.
harsh but fair
>>
>>51678620
>best tribes
>no red talons
meh.
>>
>>51678495
There's a Moros Legacy called the Bokor known for making lots of zombies.
>>
>>51678690

Right, the weird thing where they had one of the Tribes fall to the Wyrm.

Were any of the ToJ scenarious any good? I'm trying to remember if I liked any of them other than the "lock your player characters and your major NPCs in a church and have a weird cathartic roleplay while you wait for God to smack you around."
>>
lol(?)
>>
>>51678593

Silver Fangs.

You don't need any but the best.
>>
Does it bug anybody else that it's a waste to join a legacy that uses a ruling arcana that you have in common with your path?
>>
>>51678859
>being a min-maxer
I can't imagine a more boring way to roleplay a character
>>
>>51678836
>Silver Fangs - Albrecht convinces the tribal totem, Falcon, to temporarily remove all derangements from the Silver Fangs so that they may see with perfect clarity. Once this has been accomplished, the Silver Fangs march on the Black Spiral Dancer's hives and slaughter them. At first this act is seen as a great victory for the Garou Nation, until the Fangs reveal that they killed the Dancers not in the name of Gaia, but rather because the Fangs have fallen to the Wyrm and did not want the Dancers to compete with them for attention in the eyes of their new master. Falcon realizes too late what has happened: By giving the Fangs absolute clarity, they were able to see how truly hopeless the Gaian cause is, and decide that they should align themselves with the Wyrm instead. They change their name to the Fiery Crowns.
>>
>>51678868
Mechanically disensentivizing people from making certain choices is an important consideration from a gameplay perspective anon.

The fact that thematically appropriate players get "Punished" so to speak is a valid concern.
>>
>>51678868
A third ruling arcana is a huge advantage since most of your mana is probably going to be spent on Mage Sight.
>>
>>51678887
That's fucking retarded.

I'm actually a little bit mad.
>>
>>51678708
The only that I liked was Fair is Foul, but thats mostly because I liked the eight hundred Xanotos Plots coming to a head within weeks.
>>51678833
Don't you talk bad about my Waifu, she's the only reason i'd follow Green Dragon over Rat.
>>
>>51678833
>you will never tie down Zhyzhak and give her rightous DICKINGS
>why even live
>>
>tfw no previews for Dark Eras Companion

At least Matt told us the name of the new Lineage.
>>
>>51678931

>following the Wyrm

Son...
>>
File: Zhyzhak_and_guardians.jpg (52KB, 359x479px) Image search: [Google]
Zhyzhak_and_guardians.jpg
52KB, 359x479px
>>51678917
Imagine how Falcon must feel about it.

>>51678931
T H I C C
>>
>>51678732
>Personal horror is urban fantasy for faggots and loonies who live vicariously through their ocs

#orclivesmatter
>>
File: were2.jpg (83KB, 620x314px) Image search: [Google]
were2.jpg
83KB, 620x314px
>werewolf the apocalypse, 2020
>>
>>51678948
>>51678972
>Bruises-the-Cervix, Get Ahroun Rapist, follower of Fenris.
>See Zhyzhak across the way.
>Fight across Malfeas
>Fight across all the BSDs
>Rape Zhyz back into being a White howler.
>"Even my jizz has +1 Strength."
>>
File: 1482130434560.png (124KB, 358x272px) Image search: [Google]
1482130434560.png
124KB, 358x272px
>>51679071
We silent hill now?
>>
>>51679108
Nope, classic 90's pretentious edge.
>>
>>51679132
what's pretentious about it?
>90s edge
so its true to the source material?
>>
>>51679108
I mean in silent hill there was a fucking point to the fucked up designs, this is just weird for the sake of it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_T1mDaW72Y

I could really go an O'Tolley's cheeseburger with extra Heart Attack Fries, wash it down with an ice cold King Lager and watch "Knights of Angst" on Omni right about now....
>>
>>51679071
Oh ffs, Elricsson. You had one job and a license to print money, you stupid Swedish bastard, what have you done?
>>
>>51678708
Crucible of God is the only one that was somewhat good, Fair is Foul and Nightrailroading were shit
>>
>>51678593
Shadow Lords.

Also this would go much quicker if you posted all of them at once
>>
>>51679071
>one chance at getting new fans through video games
>pick furries, and it's a silent hill copy to boot

BRAVO DRACUL
>>
>>51679477
Shadow Lords - The Lords' Tribal totem, Grandfather Thunder, makes a deal with Gaia that if his Tribe can accomplish a specific task within one year, she will make him a Celestine, and the Shadow Lords will take their place as the leaders of the Garou. However, they fail at their task and Gaia denies this request. Feeling scorned, Grandfather Thunder and his tribe lash out at Gaia, not falling to the Wyrm at first, until they need the support against the Gaian Garou and Spirits. The Shadow Lords are the only tribe who do not change their name when they fall. Grandfather Thunder devours Whippoorwill and the Shadow Lords replace the Black Spiral Dancers.

Yeah, but it feels like that would spoil the fun.
>>
How would Sobek, the werecrocodilepire, hold up against the average mage?
>>
>Reminder of what could have been
>also reminder of the last attempt at a Werewolf game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYmiwbO5icc
>>
´I'm thinking of making a small campaign for a friend of mine, a Hunter campaign (Because she doesn't like Hunters).

Her arguments against hunters inspired me. Because she definitely has a point, Hunters are easy antagonists and they play off themes of racism, xenophobia, other types of bigotry and small mindedness, and their nature as vigilantes opens them up to killing innocents quite a bit.

Now she also pointed out that vampires, for example, don't HAVE to harm anyone. The relationship can be consensual and even fun for the "victim".

So I want to play with that.
I want to make a little campaign that focuses on that.
I want to make a campaign where she has to deal with the fallout from a "virtuous" vampire (Of course, they'll be slightly more evil than the average player vampire, but mainly because the focus will be heavily on the fallout). the ruined lives of blood dolls and members of the herd and the destruction sewn in the wake of vampiric influence on touchstones.

And I'm thinking that I'll start it in a women's shelter. Where a "Frequent flier" has gone missing without a trace, but since she has a history of doing this the police aren't getting involved, and besides she's just some stupid unimportant girl who's been in and out of the system for a while.

From then on she'll follow the vampire's trail of broken lives, as members of the herds abandoned their lives to be part of what is essentially a broken relationship and a heroin addiction all in one. A relationship with an abusive boyfriend made of heroin.

This is just a basic idea and I need to be told if its terrible, and if you guys have any ideas of what to do with this.
>>
>>51678593
>Hengeyokai - The Beast Courts have always believe in the Wheel of Ages, the theory that universe follows a cycle, and the impending "Sixth Age" is only one of Twelve, that the Cycle will eventually turn back towards the Gaian eras, each slowly getting "better." Some members of the Hengeyokai decide to push the Wheel into the Sixth Age so that it can be over with sooner. This group, known as the "Fatalists," achieve this by awakening Wyrmish Caerns through which demonic hordes pour out, creating a few centuries of Hell on earth before the Seventh Age begins and things start getting better.
>>
>>51679495
>BRAVO DRACUL
>implying he had anything to do with it
someone came to with money, he pointed them to paradox, paradox said yes
>>
>>51679552
Your friend sounds like the kind of person who would say that Beast is well-written.
>>
>>51679495
I mean GW killed their game line just as Total War came out with Warhammer.

(For real, the link CA set up for "BUY MINIATURES OF THIS SHIT" didn't work because GW had shut down that part of the site)

So I mean, this isn't even on the radar of bad moves.
>>
>>51678593
Wendigo
>>
>>51679598
It's not always easy to explain other people's arguments briefly.
>>
>>51679545

Get some lawn chair repellent. Or one of those node lights that Mages will fly into only to die.

>Mages are like flies
>>
File: croatan.jpg (95KB, 863x1054px) Image search: [Google]
croatan.jpg
95KB, 863x1054px
>>51678593

Croatan.
>>
>>51679203

Why? Looks like pain-spirits or sadism-spirits to me. Werewolf spirits are naturally fucked up, how would you imagine an embodiment of human suffering looking, in the case of pain spirits?
>>
>>51679552
Go for it. Your friend should see that vamps can easily ruin lives. You wouldn't even have to make the vampire so evil or outright abusive. Blood dolls should face health problems and should suffer in their work and personal lives because of the lack of focus being regularly bled causes. Then of course there's the addiction, which can get a doll killed in more ways than one.

Not only that, but the Beast is always lurking under the skin of even a decent vampire, and is a very big threat to intimate relationships of any kind.

For a vampire to truly to be able to not harm anyone, they would need to just feed on a random stranger once a night (never the same one twice) and then go right back to their haven. Every night.
>>
>>51679598
>I'll have "assumptions of an asshole who read the first two lines" for $100, thank you Trebek
>>
>>51679684
>Wendigo - A roadblock in Upstate New York leads to a confrontation between the National Guard and some armed Native Americans, resulting in the death of thirteen indigenous people. Outraged, a group of Wendigo use the Umbra to board and hijack a Nuclear Sub, and nukes Buffalo. At this point the Wendigo have not fallen to the Wyrm, but when they reveal to the other Garou tribes that they are responsible for the attacks and the hijacking of the sub, the other Garou declare them fallen, and declare war on them, attacking as they attempt to perform a sacred annual rite. The failure of this rite draws Great Wendigo into a Rage, and he is corrupted by the Eater-of-Souls, turning the Wendigo into the Wyrmish tribe, the Devourers.

>>51679743
You've outplayed me, I guess I have to make something up for a fallen tribe scenario.
>Croatan - Although annihilated physically and spiritually on both a tribe and individual level, bits and pieces of the Croatans' souls drifted deep into the Umbra and coalesced. This new gestalt creature consumed banes, growing powerful and corrupt. The Croatan is a creature with a single consciousness but many spirits. Technically speaking the Croatan creates Fomori but from a practical perspective it re-creates Croatan garou of homid and lupus varieties. The Croatan seeks an ancient fetish but also stop to slaughter garou along the way but they will not harm Wendigo or Uktena unless attacked. Although the Croatan is (are?) definitely tainted by the Wyrm it (they?) do not cooperate with Wyrmish servants such as Black Spiral Dancers. Some garou believe that they are servants of a self-destructive aspect of the Wyrm, while the optimistic (or naive) posit that they are actually servants of small part of the Wyrm that retained its sanity.

Sorry it's shit.
>>
>>51679984
>13 people
>Outraged, a group of Wendigo use the Umbra to board and hijack a Nuclear Sub, and nukes Buffalo
Seems a bit overkill
>>
So reading over the Ephemeral Entity rules for Ghosts, I just wanted to check my understanding of a few things.

1. A Ghost's base condition is Anchor, something which for them is set at the moment of Death, and without Magic can only be created temporarily by a Rank 4-5 Ghost using its Influence (Anchors) 4 to temporarily create one.
2. Given that they must modify Anchor in order to access later Manifestations, Ghost are incredibly limited in who they can possess (again, without Magical help), and are more likely to use Materialization (given they just need to be near their Open Anchor to use it)
3. When they complete their Unfinished Business (which removes their Anchors?), or lose all of their Anchors some other way Ghosts translate immediately to the Underworld.
4. Ghosts returning from the Underworld, by whatever means, are devoid of the Anchor Condition, meaning that they likely can't use their Manifestations (bar temporarily using Influence 4), and usually must rely upon Numina, in addition they have a very short lifetime in the physical, as they'll be burning Essence each hour just to be present, which will go ever faster as they use their abilities.
>>
>>51679545
He'd probably laugh at you for being so obsessed with splat vs. splat bullshit and tell you to go play a trading card game.
>>
>>51679552

>Hunters hunt down parasites that prey on mankind, sucking them dry and sometimes killing them

>Leftists: #Notallmuslims!
>>
>>51679914

You sound like that kind of person as well.
>>
>>51680031
Good thing Asshole A only wrote one line then.
*smug*
>>
>>51679998
Rage: the ultimate wildcard.

I think the point is that this is just the icing on a multi-tiered cake of centuries of oppression, slaughter, victimisation, exploitation, marginalisation and assorted dick moves by federal agencies.

Frankly I'm surprised they didn't just take a leaf out of Von Klauswitz and nuke DC. "Strike where the enemy is strongest," and all that.
>>
>>51680017
And that's not even considering older vampires, who are almost always Hitler tier.

When you think about it, every vampire that sires deserves to be killed
>>
>>51678557
Is Banefire actually conjured from somewhere else or is it actually just being created by the user?
>>
File: owod baby on a stick.jpg (117KB, 533x459px) Image search: [Google]
owod baby on a stick.jpg
117KB, 533x459px
>>51678708
>>
>>51680096

Killing a million innocent civilians in retaliation for some cops killing 13 protesters seems... 100% insane.
>>
>>51679903
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, that's the stuff I want to highlight. The consequences for those around them, and the fact that ultimately this dangerous even if its unintended, making people cattle still makes them of humanity even if you treat them well.

Do you have good ideas for what to throw in there?
I'm thinking I'll have my friend track the initial chraracter down, and each little thing uncovers either a bit of background (Their background as a college student with a bunch of friends, their initial thrill and experiences with the vampire, their slow alienation from everyone, and then more degradation and ruination of the characters.)

But I'm lacking some good ideas for how to do that, and what else to throw in.
>>
>>51680205

Ok, I most often have a soft spot for 90's edginess, but when taken to far it just becomes silly. Embraced babies on sticks as a currency, oh my lord.
>>
>>51680217
Werewolves are supposed to be the bad guys.
>>
>>51679998
What I don't understand is why they didn't use a more conventional weapon instead of the one that is pure concentrated Wyrm taint.
>>
File: top kek.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
top kek.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>51680205

Good lord, this is so bad it's actually hilarious.
>>
>>51678593
>Name a WtA tribe.

Children of Gaia. Waiting for a good tribebook since forever.
>>
What was the point of the prophecy about each splat in Days of Fire when Gehenna was just two years away and was probably being planned at the same time?
>>
>>51680307
Delet this lie
>>51680217
Its especially bad since they used a fucking NUKE to do it. Not corrupted by the wyrm my ass
>>
>>51680307
Who are the good guys?
>>
>>51680493
Hunters
>>
>>51679984
Goddamn angry natives
>>
>>51680388
>Children of Gaia - The Children of Gaia attempt to restore the sanity of the Wyrm via an ancient rite. However something goes horribly wrong, and the rite instead immediately revives the Eater-of-Souls. As word of the Children's mistake reaches the rest of the outraged Garou Nation, the Children turn to the Wyrm to defend themselves. The Eater-of-Souls replaces Unicorn as their tribal totem, and the Children of Gaia become known as the Reavers.
>>
>>51680217
The Wendigo are not especially smart people
>>
>>51680527
stupid hippies ruining everything
>>
What is the Eater-of-Souls
>>
>>51680768
wyrm aspect
>>
File: Eater.of.souls.jpg (43KB, 342x479px) Image search: [Google]
Eater.of.souls.jpg
43KB, 342x479px
>>51680768
One-third of the Wyrm's final form. The Croatans (an extinct tribe) sacrificed themselves to banish it from the physical world and were totally annihilated in the process.
>>
>>51680768
>eater
>not easter-of-souls
>>
>>51680388

> Waiting for a good tribebook since forever.

Read the 2e one. Infinitely better than the Revised tribebook, especially the opening comic.
>>
>>51680232
Maybe they left a box full of stuff behind at the shelter, if they kept coming and going? Photos, old diaries?
>>
>>51680217
Buffalo is like 50% white. Who gives a shit? They'll just breed up some more.

Never forget Wounded Knee.
>>
>>51680314
Yes, it's almost like it's one of the scenarios from Apocalypse that describes an entire tribe being corrupted by the Wyrm by their actions..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>51680257
"Silly?" You've been on 4chan far too long. Most sane and sensible people would find this utterly horrifying and abhorrent, which is exactly what they're going for.
>>
>>51680451
I sometimes got the impression that different authors were pulling in different directions, and the lead dev for each splat was totally absent and/or incompetent.
>>
Are OPP's oWoD splats as bad as their CofD stuff?
>>
>>51680768
>>51681015

Yeah, the Wyrm has its own mini-triat of three 'heads'. Beast of War, Eater-of-Souls and Fucker-whose-name-I-Forgot.

They're like the biggest, most powerful spirits that make up the Wyrm's soul hierarchy. Exalted actually took a lot of notes from WtA and the Umbra for its setting ideas, especially with the Primordials.
>>
>>51681494

M20 is bad, W20 core is good but certain books (especially Changing Breeds) is very meh when you can just use the Revised material, and stuff like Shattered Dreams is very take with a pinch of salt because its basically ascended fanfiction.

V20 has mostly been good!
>>
>>51681479
the whole Time of Judgement was done hastily and chaotic, as if they had to write their endings from the scratch
>>
>>51681498
>Beast of War, Eater-of-Souls

"Defiler Wyrm" was the third aspect.
>>
>>51681479

No that was just WW during its hayday. Some books were pushed out under very short, tight deadlines, and often times they poorly coordinated who was writing what. Often times you'd get writers on the same book who never even communicated.

Exalted was even worse about this, especially during its 2e run.
>>
>>51681562

Thank you kind anon! I always forget that one.
>>
File: Defiler.jpg (46KB, 341x479px) Image search: [Google]
Defiler.jpg
46KB, 341x479px
>>51681562
>>51681498
Well, the "Fucker" part is thematically accurate.
>>
>>51681527
I still don't know why they decided to pull the pin. It was just a massive tantrum that made zero business sense. When fans told them so on the old forums, they went full OPP and started indignantly proclaiming that "end world scenarios" had been such a huge part of the backstories of the games for so long that "everyone should have had plenty of time to get used to the idea". Basically the same smug, condescending bullshit they pull now when people question their bad decisions and they'll do anything but admit it as such.

Games Workshop stores pulled their books from the shelves, citing that they wouldn't take part in "financial suicide". By the time the "New World of Darkness" and Requiem launched, everyone assumed the company was defunct. There was a sense of "but why do we even need a NEW world of darkness?" Sales never reached the levels they once had. The damage had been done....
>>
>>51681522
>>51681522
>Shattered Dreams is very take with a pinch of salt because its basically ascended fanfiction.

Well shit, I was asking because Shattered Dreams sounded interesting.
>>
>>51681648

I have only skimmed it, some parts of it could be cool but if you're fluent with the history and metaplot of WtA it might not be to your taste.

Bottomline is its not canon and I wouldn't use it to argue canon, which I'm sure some nerds will do.
>>
>>51681436
But they specifically weren't corrupted by the Wyrm until the other werewolves fucked up their ritual

So they weren't corrupted and yet still used a fucking nuke which is pretty much raw Wyrm juice and corrupted a huge area. Do you see how retarded this is?
>>
An idea I have been kind of rolling around in my head. Fanbook for a new race, Berserkers. The biggest flaw I see to the idea is that Hunters or Werewolves already cover that area and I don't think there is enough Berserker lore to build a proper book out of.
>>
>>51679984
>wendigo scenario.

It seems somebody read shadowrun
>>
>>51681359
Left over stuff is definitely a good move to start it.

Photos, maybe a notebook, an old phone.
Something that gives faces and addresses to go on.

I'm thinking maybe an old graduation photo to highlight what she used to be, maybe a name is written on the back or something.
>>
>>51681641

They were expecting the bottom to fall out at any moment. The action they took may or may not have been the right decision, but they sure weren't wrong. They probably wouldn't have survived rest of the 2000s without some sort of shakeup.
>>
>>51680527

If their revised tribebook is any indication their rite was a giant garou on garou orgy and failed because there isnt enough transgender garous on the pile.
>>
>>51681890
Did they make being trans a magical thing again?

I swear, they've done it like 5 times now.
>>
>>51681946
>Did they make being trans a magical thing again?
They did in m20 but only because Brucato thinks its true.
>>
>>51681890
Children of Gaia were a mistake
>>
>>51681946

Wait, it isn't?
>>
>>51679105

No anon, your Jizz would be Strength 5 while in Crinos.
>>
>>51682008

Please read the 2e tribebook, its so much better than the Revised one..
>>
File: 124156.jpg (42KB, 144x216px) Image search: [Google]
124156.jpg
42KB, 144x216px
>Every werewolf tribe has its traditions, legends, and customs. From the tales of lordly Silver Fangs to the debased Black Spiral Dancers, and from the isolated Siberakh to the long-dead White Howlers, those legends live on. Part of that culture comes across through each tribe’s attitude towards food.

>This book is a first for the World of Darkness, providing both extra background details on each tribe of Garou and a tasty recipe that’s representative of the tribe. Many of them come with variations for feeding those Garou and Kinfolk who hold to vegetarian or vegan diets, or are gluten-intolerant. Storytellers may want to use the W20 Cookbook as an in-character prop, or as inspiration to cook something for their players before the game begins.

>The W20 Cookbook contains:

>Twenty recipes for tasty dishes, one for each tribe of the Garou.
>Recipes range from entrees to desserts to snacks to eat on the run.
>Examinations of how each tribe approaches food, and how even the Red Talons can enjoy a cooked meal.
>>
>>51682158
There is literally nothing wrong with making a werewolf based cookbook

The question is has anyone actually made all the things it lists?
>>
>>51681641
None of their games were pulling in as much money as used to in the 90's. I suppose the writing was on the wall since Ends of Empire, yet they did nothing to reawaken interest in their games, even with Bloodlines in development. The head honchos thought this was because of all the newbie unfriendly fluff and hard to get rules (not realizing that lore vomit and obtuse rules are the two hallmarks of WoD), so they decided to let it go out with a bang and start anew, simpler this time.

>Games Workshop stores pulled their books from the shelves, citing that they wouldn't take part in "financial suicide".

Ironic.
>>
>>51682171

I made the, i think, red talon or fianna chicken. It was fine nothing special
>>
File: 1437890741563.jpg (102KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1437890741563.jpg
102KB, 640x480px
>>51682158

>vegan werewolves
>>
>>51682289

>gluten free vegan werewolves
>>
>>51681946

Their tribebook had 1 to many rites about garou fucking. The it had a childish moment in which an ELDER garou (which was the author gmpc) said to a cub or cliath that his homosexual relationship with another garou was fine and that the other tribes "just dont get it". The elder of a peace keeping/diplomat tribe told another young garou that going on flaunting a technical violation of the precets of a bunch of murderous religious fanatics is fine because they "dont get it".
>>
>>51682426

Is it really a religion when their spirits, totems, and Gaia actually exist? As well as the great cosmic satan that they fight on the daily?
>>
>>51682439
Yes, because they assign wants and desires to a non present God (Gaia) and insist their laws are derived from a higher power.
Literally their entirety of Garou culture is one big cult.
>>
>>51682128

I read the fatal and friends review of the first one and it wasnt very flattering.
>>
>>51682466
>That one Hunter: The Vigil compact who runs a deprogramming summer camp for werewolf kids.
>>
>*tips fedora*
>>
File: wolf-pup-reddish-coat.jpg (119KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
wolf-pup-reddish-coat.jpg
119KB, 640x425px
>>51682367
>>51682289
aren't there a few flaws you can take including being a vegan and being allergic to gluten?
>>
>>51682527

>being a vegan is considered a flaw by WW
>>
>>51682540
Well they aren't wrong
>>
>>51682527
I get angry every single time I see this disgusting pup mutt.

Werefaggers GET OUT
>>
>>51682158
>World of Darkness cookbooks
That's how all my friends will know I am truly autistic.
Also who the fuck buys cookbooks in the year 2017?
>>
>>51682551
no
>>
>>51682289
I was certainly confused there, but maybe only because I'm mostly familiar with Forsaken, where werewolves quickly become obligate carnivores as they grow in power.
>>
>>51682543
I mean when you are divinely mandated to be hunters... yeah.
Otherwise not really.
>>
>>51682569
>Implying man isn't divinely mandated to be hunters.
>>
>>51682584
According to Christianity anyway, we are caretakers of the land and beasts.
We're kinda fucking that part up.
>>
>>51682569
>deliberately ignoring half of the food you are evolved to eat
>not a flaw
>>
>>51681641
They have cited before that the decision to end the OWoD with the end of the world scenarios, and develop the NWoD, came from a business standpoint and a writing standpoint. It was stated a couple of times by old writers that they could only poke at EotW scenarios for a while, and they'd written so much... and so much of it was counter-intuitive, contradictory, and convoluted that they decided to pull the plug. NWoD was meant to be a 'fresh start' with less bloat, a toolkit setup so that you have less One True Wayism and simpler rules using streamlined, updated versions of their regular rules.
>>
>>51681958
>All of the 'real magick' Brucato bullshit in M20

I mean, it's cool to have alternative religion, but to believe 'real magick' can come from you doing shit from an RPG book, it's like a reverse Satanic Panic. Fucking moron.
>>
>>51682618
When did you last chow down on insects?
>>
>>51682651
Probably last time he went to sleep
>>
>>51682540

I dont remember if it was apocalypse or forsaken but i remember a piece of fluff that said werewolves needed a lot of protein and calories for their regeneration.
>>
>>51682643
>cool to have alternative religion
When you try to push it on people it stops even resembling anything that could be construed as 'cool'. And all Phil's writing comes with a moral imperative to be as dumb as him.
>>
>>51682658
You know what I find interesting?
Like the idea that we chow down on 8 spiders or whatever supposedly stems from this one source right, but some people looked into that source and that's a fucking hoax too.
It's like a fucking meta hoax.
>>
>>51682663
The best protein sources are all vegan, but the problem is that they're not really as available in a non-industrial setting.

So sure you'd have easy fucking access to a bunch of protein if you are close to a city, but if you're out in the wild you're fucking screwed.
Short of someone packing a fucking backpack of beans.
>>
So since we're on a Werewolf bent, I would like to get some input on the Werewolf cub PC I have been building. Here's some info on him, I'd love to get an opinion (Even if said opinion is LOLNO).

James Keaton, conspiracy theorist and conspiracy blogger, lost cub of the Glass Walkers. Born to a mortal family who were Kinfolk without actually being culled into the Glass Walkers, James grew up in a very sheltered life with an overprotective mother and a distant, government lackety father. He grew up with a sense of paranoia about the world around him; he is intelligent and observant, but his own natural paranoia turned this into a constant fear that the government and corporations were doing things after his father died mysteriously. He delved a bit too heavy into the corporate and governmental conspiracy angles and, while not full /x/, he did alienate himself from others. Unfortunately, some of the research he did poked a little too close to a Pentex subsidiary that WAS involved in a conspiracy. And... well, the results were explosive. A group coming to take him and his information led to his First Change, where he was then drawn into the world of the Garou. He's only been a Garou for a couple of years (he was a late bloomer at 17), and he still sees the issues all around him. Many of the garou refer to him by his 'deed name,' Tinfoil. He puts up with it because, now, the garou are the only thing he feels he can trust... at least, until he realizes the conspiracies within THEM as well.

James is a Homid Ragabash Glass Walker.
>>
>>51682628
>NWoD was meant to be a 'fresh start' with less bloat, a toolkit setup so that you have less One True Wayism
>NWOD less on true wayism

You say the craziest things anon
>>
>>51682651

Insects are actually delicious when cooked properly.
>>
>>51682689
Actually hold up, if all they need is calories and protein.
Wouldn't the wisest thing to do as a werewolf be packing protein shakes?
Like a lot of protein powder and shakes? Maybe some lard or oil or whatever too, to get the calories?
>>
>>51682701
You've obviously never had a game fall apart because people are screaming about how you changed the metaplot in some way.
>>
>>51682714

Sure if you enjoy tasting shit all the time. Protein shakes are awful anon.
>>
>>51682714
>Not eating prey spirits to save $$$
>>
>>51682710
People keep saying that, and I don't dispute it, I'm just pointing out that people exclude a lot of shit from their diets that we can theoretically eat.

>>51682719
Dude you're regenerating your missing torso.
>>
>>51682718

>a few people are gigantic spergs who ruin EVERYTHING they touch with their autism, so EVERYONE has to suffer instead of me growing up and not including them in my fun time happy games

Maybe you shouldn't be such a bitch.
>>
>>51682737
That's a very ironic statement you little bitch.
>>
>>51682734

A wide variety of foods that you can comfortably eat is ideal. I make some vegan recipes because they taste good, and I also eat meat because it tastes good.

People who discard resources, especially ones as industrialized as animal processing, are wasteful goons.
>>
>>51682754
>People who don't eat meat are wasteful.

>Not using 16 times as many resources per person is wasteful.

Anon.
Anon please.
Anon what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>51682737
It's not like the Book Ninjas came in and burned your books, right? I mean, you don't NEED advancing books with more plots, bullshit powers and such to play the game, right? Unless you really only care about the lore itself, at which point... aren't you the same as those people screaming when someone changes something?

Because every book that came out for OWoD would advance something. New plot and story, new powers, new splats/subsplats, etc.
>>
>>51682689
>>51682714
>>51682734
>>51682771
This is why no one likes Glasswalkers
>>
>>51682771

It exists, you aren't going to get rid of it by abstaining.
>>
>>51682776

I fail to see what the problem is. Don't play with warbling manchildren if you say 'hey I'm not including X event in my timeline'. Its that simple.
>>
>>51682780
Because you can literally sustain your self on spirits WHO WANT TO BE HONORABLY HUNTED instead of using Weaver tech that at its core spreads the Wyrm (thanks manufacturing byproducts)?
>>
>>51682788
>If people stop eating meat, meat will still be produced industrially. Presumably just for kicks.

Anon.
Anon please.

>>51682801
The question then becomes whether spirits counts as animals for the purpose of veganism.
If they don't, then veganism is hardly a flaw worth shit.
>>
>>51682819
Why the fuck wouldn't they
>>
>>51682819
>The question then becomes whether spirits counts as animals for the purpose of veganism.
>If they don't, then veganism is hardly a flaw worth shit.
Given their belief in animism the only ethical way to eat is willing prey spirits. Its literally more in line with veganism than actual vegans who slaughter (unwilling) plants and animals for their food gathering.
>>
>>51682699
I'm not werewolf expert but it sounds fine.
>>
>>51682795
I don't anymore. But I'm saying, there's a point when there's TOO MUCH lore, and that was one of the things cited long ago when some then-WW devs talked about why they blew it up.
>>
>>51682833
They want to be hunted, and are sometimes smart enough to give consent on that front.
Which sort of eliminates like a lot of the ethical questions.

They also don't pollute or take up resources in their creation, removing a bunch of others

There's no industrialized process.

There's...
Like none of the problems vegans have with animal hunting really.
>>
>Not getting your complete proteins from animal sources
>Knowing soy is the closest thing to a 'complete' protein plant source, but it's still lacking two amino acids in high enough content to matter
>Wanting to eat beans all the fucking time
>Tons of fucking beans constantly
>>
>>51678708

That was a very good Vampire scenario. In fact, I think it's possibly the best Vampire scenario I've ever read. Forget all the Caine stuff and so on: the whole point is that vampirism is a curse from God, and God is taking his curse back.

Mage: The Ascension had one long, elaborate scenario that wrapped up the entire metaplot. Arguably, it's the most uplifting ending, because EVERYONE Ascends at the end. It also turns out that the entire story of Mage: The Ascension was actually caused by Ascension itself.

Basically, *everyone* is right and all paradigms can co-exist without difficulty. But at the same time, they all acknowledge the same universal truth.
>>
>>51682718

Never because when i change metaplot, if i use it, i worked into the setting and i put those changes on the front before hand when pitching a game.

Before starting the game i say "in this game this tribes/clans are allowed, this isnt going to be a globe trotting game and caitiff in this city are almost considered a clan for this reason in tune for the setting or in this game the ascension war was lost but i am not using the avatar storm. Or even in this game there isnt any stargazer but anyone can learn kailindo"
>>
>>51682899
>Eating rice with your tofu is a hassle.
>>
>>51683001
>eating tofu
My condolences.
>>
>>51682992

You're the first person I've ever seen that also liked the "sit in a church and argue with each other while God passes judgment on everyone" scenario. I honestly think it's brilliant, though it might work better as a Dramasystem thing.
>>
>>51682861
>implying the devs arent retards when people likem brucatto and David Hill exist in our setting.
>>
>>51683012
>He never had stinky tofu or mapo doufu, or a good fried tofu banh mi.

Dude.
That isn't even a vegan thing, you need to get yourself sorted out.
>>
>>51683017
>>51683017
Not that guy, but I also like Wormwood. Wormwood is an interesting scenario as long as you don't let the momentum die.
>>
>im going to roleplay a wild primordial murder machine!
>but fuck eating animals
>>
>>51683001
>tofu
Phytoestrogenic, meaning it mimics the function female hormones. Also contains phytic acid, and don't even get me started on soy farming.
>rice
Terrible for your blood sugar, low in fiber, barely any nutritional value.

I mean, both of these are fine in small doses. But you know what else is?

Meat.
>>
>>51683084
Already brought up anon, it's a stupid flaw for things which are divinely fucking called to hunt and kill shit.

It'd be like pacifism, except it's even more against type.
>>
>>51679495

Well, what else could you do? Werewolf and Vampire are the most famous ones.

Mage would be great, but it doesn't translate well since the point of Mage is that you can do ANYTHING.
>>
>>51683092
>meaning it mimics the function female hormones

and
>>
>One post has caused a 50+ argument about garou diets

OPP was a mistake
>>
>>51683120
I think its fun
>>
>>51683017

This is mostly because the other scenarios are really, really bad. Like the one where the players end up fighting Lilith, or the very last one where it's the apocalypse and diableire becomes a way of life.

Those scenarios basically turn the game into splatterpunk horror. Vampire can't really be played like that without breaking the game in fucking half. At least the church scenario lets them go out with dignity.
>>
>>51683092
>Phytoestrogenic

Affects estrogen receptors with an efficacy of less than 1000th that of endogen estrogen.

There is no effect on testoterone OR estrogen levels in populations that consume high levels of tofu and soy.

I wish you guys would actually look a bit into this stuff.
>>
Foodies: the Nutrition
>>
>>51683154
>no effect on testoterone OR estrogen levels in populations that consume high levels of tofu and soy.
Then why is everyone I see eating it such a cuck?
>>
>>51683170
My Kitchen Rules the tabletop game?
>>
>>51683175
Touché anon.

Explains the existence of NTR porn.
>>
>>51683117
I mean, if that's what you're into my dude. But again, having tons of it or treating it as your only protein replacement is a terrible idea.

>>51683154
Granted, most of the information on the downsides of raised soy intake is from rodent studies, but hey. Still does not help with the whole farming soybeans to death and spraying them with pesticides and not rotating crops properly thing.

In truth the best answer is a well-balanced diet of proper animal proteins and plenty of plants bought from local low-pesticide farmers to support non-industrialized farming in your area. But how many people can do that? And how many people have better access to meat than they do complete plant proteins? I'm all for meatless mondays and reducing industrialization of meat but throwing meat out the window entirely will always seem like useless moral handwringing to me.
>>
>>51683299
>I'm all for meatless mondays and reducing industrialization of meat
That sounds like some anti-human commie shit there.
Humanity first!
>>
>>51683299
> but throwing meat out the window entirely will always seem like useless moral handwringing to me.

I mean the fact that animal agriculture's only rival in terms of ecological damage is power generation is a worth consideration, don't you think?
I mean fuck meatless mondays, it has to be "Meat ON mondays" for this to make sense with our huge population.
>>
>>51683318
>not killing your own animals and dressing/butchering them yourself
Sounds like some weak city-slicker shit, son.
>>
>>51683350
>he fact that animal agriculture's only rival in terms of ecological damage is power generation is a worth consideration, don't you think?
Yes. I'm considering that we need more power generation.
>>
>>51683350

If you're cool with the wholesale slaughter of all those animals we've bred to be harvested, sure. 'cause they sure as fuck can't survive in the wild anymore.
>>
>>51683352
>Hating cities
>Hating industrialization
It's like you want to ruin everything great about man's achievements.
>>
>>51683392

>living in a city

lol
>>
>>51683397
Anarcho-primitivists please leave
>>
File: communing with earth spirits.jpg (264KB, 1040x974px) Image search: [Google]
communing with earth spirits.jpg
264KB, 1040x974px
>>51683350
Which is why we should all use nuclear power and keep our own animals, but sadly the world is no longer set up to let one of these be possible. Which is why I said I'm against industrialized meat. Responsible farms that don't just have their methane-spewing cows sitting in hovels, and reduced meat consumption overall, would be awesome. This would reduce the impact of animal-based agriculture. You ever see a nice, old-timey pig farm? They're beautiful. Besides the obligatory mud-pit.

I'd love for people to have to drive out and kill a cow to get their damn meat. God knows I have.

>>51683381
I'd hate to see the meat breeds of animals go. They're amazing examples of selective breeding. But I could stand to see more heritage breeds.
>>
>>51683407

I just don't see a point, especially when the majority of people contributing to its economy commute into work anyway through 1-4+ hour long traffic jams.

Cities suck to actually live in.
>>
>>51683381
Wild pigs actually do okay, although their numbers are a problem.

Either way, the obvious choice here is to breed less of them, regardless of your stance on veganism it's simply something we'll have to do anyway at some point.
The only question is if we stop breeding them entirely, or if we just vastly reduce the breeding programs.

>>51683413
Anon, non-industrialized meat is even more resource intensive, not to speak of the much higher land cost.

We'd literally run out of planet if we wanted to maintain an equivalent production.
>>
>>51683433
I feel like you're constantly missing my mentioning of reduced meat consumption. Selective reading?
>>
>actually getting your meat from filthy animals
>not growing 18 tons of meat in a single laboratory
Primitives pls.
>>
>>51683448
>reduced meat consumption.
You mean that thing that will never happen?
>>
>>51683448
Anon, I get that you want less meat consumption, but I don't think you get the scale to which we'll have to cut down for this to not continue to be an unsustainable ecological disaster.

We're not talking "Meatless mondays" here.
We're talking consuming less than a quarter of what we currently do, and that's assuming no population growth, and that cultures that don't consume as much meat sa the west don't up their meat intake. (Which they are going to by the way, China is already getting there and that's a fucking time bomb)
>>
>>51683432
Cities have everything you could want, right there in front of you. Alongside them being marvels of architecture and urban planning, of course. Industrialization and cities are the future.
>>
>>51683494
Only if we get really, really, really into recycling and vertical farms.
>>
>>51683494

>I want to live packed into concrete boxes surrounded by humanity at all times and always have to rent everything until they day I die with no plot of land or anything to pass on to my children

Sounds shitty man.
>>
File: CfUj69oUsAAKyjP.jpg (82KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CfUj69oUsAAKyjP.jpg
82KB, 600x600px
>>51683483
Neither will everyone keeping their own meat animals or everyone switching to pure veganism, but we keep on keeping on, don't we?

>>51683488
I get that it'd be impossible to have the ideal situation, but your ideal situation is impossible or at least extremely far-fetched at the moment as well. So, we're both here on our respective islands.

Also I don't really like how many crops are harvested by exploited populations. God knows how many people will be working for pennies when we need to grow more fucking beans and soy.
>>
>>51683515

I can't get Japanese food, street tacos, and Afghan furry in the countryside.
>>
>Glass walkers vs Red Talons
>>
>>51683536
>can't cook these in your own home
tripfag please
>>
>>51683531
>Neither will everyone keeping their own meat animals or everyone switching to pure veganism
Good.
>>
>>51683536

>Afghan furry

Is that some kind of Silent Strider lodge?
>>
>>51683553
Why cook it yourself when you can get it pre-cooked for roughly the same price. Get with the 21st century, my dude.
>>
>>51683488
>but I don't think you get the scale to which we'll have to cut down for this to not continue to be an unsustainable ecological disaster.

I don't see how the alternative will be any less.

We're kind of fucked unless we touch on the nasty topic of population culling. The west might be huge producers but Asia is going to be the death of our planet and species when they finally catch up. We aren't going to change those cultures.

>>51683569

>roughly the same price from the food service industry

Anon, please.
>>
>>51683531
My ideal situation is literally physically possible, yours doesn't work mathematically.

We need to go vegan at some point anon, or we need to move half the population to Mars.

And sure, Chileans and Indians aren't being treated well by the companies that own the soy patents, but that same soy is used to feed cattle that you eat so its not like thats any better.
And arguing that we need to stop being industrialized vis a vis our food stuff is ridiculous with a global population of 6 billion, with a significant portion living in food deserts.
>>
All of this werefaggery is giving me cancer
>>
>>51683569
Roughly the same price? Money management is not your strong point anon.
>>
>>51683590
>We need to go vegan at some point
Or we could just synthesise meat in laboratories.
>>
File: 1410455254684.png (307KB, 300x480px) Image search: [Google]
1410455254684.png
307KB, 300x480px
>>51683591

You fell for my plan, you fool! I summoned these shitposting banes to infect and weaken your resolve!

>Now onto phase six of my plan...
>>
>>51683120
>>One post has caused a 50+ argument about garou diets

And its still better than 90% of RPG.net posts.
>>
>>51683598
I don't know where you're living, but here a passable steak costs far more than a McDonald's burger.
>>
>>51683591
Apocalypse werefaggery is the problem. People bitched about being furry spirit cops in 1e nwod but at least I was able to give half a shit during a game.
>>
File: C4KNq-xUEAATICY.jpg large.jpg (47KB, 540x491px) Image search: [Google]
C4KNq-xUEAATICY.jpg large.jpg
47KB, 540x491px
>>51683590
>>51683583
>human culling

FUCKING FINALLY
IMPERGIUM NOW
>>
>>51683637
I like both.
Apocalypse gives you a great series of goals and end game objective but Forsaken is better for sandboxy games
>>
>>51683583
>I don't see how the alternative will be any less.

Anon, going vegan would reduce your resource use to a 16th in terms of land use and similar.
With current population trends, that means we could sustain the theoretical projected maximum population in terms of food stuff.

We have got a fuckton of other problems with population, but this is a fixable one.

>>51683616
As soon as you make a lab that is as efficient as growing plants in terms of growing meat and has a lower price than natural meat and you'll have fucking saved the world.

But that's pretty far off.
>>
>>51683632
Ok, thats a pointless comparison. Compare that steak to a steak dinner from a fly-over feed lot like an applebee's
>>
Can we all just agree that werefags are worse than magefags?
>>
>>51683591
Remember how people were bitching about Mage posting?
>>
>>51683676
Anon why would I ever subject myself to eating at a restaurant. I'm a city man, I got shit to do, I don't have time to sit down and wait for my meal.
>>
>>51683693
no
>>
>>51683693
No one is worse than magefags.
>>
>>51683693
Everything was fine until the vegans showed up. Once again vegans ruin everything they touch.
>>
>>51683708
It's alway the oWoD fuckers that shit up threads.
>>
>>51683704
>No one is worse than magefags.

*cough* vampfags *cough *cough*
>>
What's your favorite Legacy?
>>
>>51683708
It's ok, Vegans will always tell you immediately that they're vegans so you can avoid them.
>>
>>51683562

I meant to say curry, but...
>>
>>51683665
>Apocalypse gives you a great series of goals and end game objective but Forsaken is better for sandboxy games

I dont know, i always felt Apocalypse is the one giving you the better sandbox experience when run right.

Forsaken though? It begins and ends with the hunt. You hunt a spirit, a host, a claimed, humans, pure...maybe a fallen forsaken or fallen forsaken and maybe a concept. You hunt an indigam....thats about it for the game. Its all about hunting for good and bad because Chrods likes to tell you how your character MUST feel and in forsaken he must think everything around the hunt.
>>
>>51683770
Thank God for that early warning system.
>>
>>51683762

The lawn chair Legacy.
>>
>>51683770
But anon, literally no one here has declared their vegan status.
>>
>>51683772
Indian, Thai, Japanese, Indonesian, or Malay?
>>
>>51683562
>Is that some kind of Silent Strider lodge?

It is now.
>>
>>51683693
No, magefags are still the worst. Werefags are gay as fuck, but at least they don't go out of their way to shit on other people.
>>
>>51683800

Middle Eastern curries are best with Thai close behind.

Unpopular opinion: Indian curry is kinda lame, and Tikka Masala is a little gross.
>>
>>51683798
The only people who talk extendedly about 'going vegan' are vegans. There's a very loud one here.
>>
>>51683800
I like Japanese curries because I'm a little bitch when it comes to spices
>>
>>51683814
>but at least they don't go out of their way to shit on other people.

I don't understand. Why play Ascension for any other reason?
>>
>>51683814
>No, magefags are still the worst. Werefags are gay as fuck, but at least they don't go out of their way to shit on other people.

This
>>
>>51683822
Anon, this is retarded.

You guys respond in 3s to every post that talks about veganism, and then give the vegan shit for posting about it.
>>
File: 1486590713978.jpg (95KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
1486590713978.jpg
95KB, 500x524px
Why haven't mages fixed the meat problem?
>>
>>51683863
Meatmancers won't let them
>>
>>51683818
I didn't know there was such a thing as Middle-Eastern curry.
>>
>>51683845
>I don't understand. Why play Ascension for any other reason?

I just like throwing fireballs not discussing my paradigm plans to socially fix the world.

Or if we going to Awakening
I just like throwing fireballs not this weird symbolism bullshit of tremero and tamales or whatever that shit of astral is about.
>>
>>51683882

If your town has Persian or Afghan food you get your ass down there and you treat yourself to the best cuisine on the fucking planet.
>>
>>51683863
Actually, is there anything about like... industrial scale magic?
Like a factory pumping out magical stuff, or like an entire grow lab of magical plants made with Life?
>>
>>51683894

>The Technocratic Union
>>
>>51683891
>Persian cuisine
>Good

GUYS LETS POUR ROSEWATER IN EVERYTHING.
GUYS ROSEWATER IS THE BEST SPICE.
ALSO LET'S PUT A LITERALLY MICROSCOPIC AMOUNT OF SPICE IN STUFF, THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING ABOUT A FOOD.
>>
>>51683845
And this is the attitude that nobody likes you for. Vampire is a better asshole splat, since they own being an asshole. Mages are just the pretentious ones who act like total twats then claim they're the best people ever.
>>
>>51683900
You know, I don't even know why I didn't think of that.
>>
>>51683894

That's what Eberron hinges on, if you wanna play one of the best D&D settings.

>>51683905

YOOOO ROSEWATER IS GOOD SHIT I'LL EAT FIRNI UNTIL I GET SICK GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY FACE

AND THAT MICROSCOPIC AMOUNT OF CARDAMOM IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT COOKS OFF QUICKLY AND CAN BE OVERPOWERING
>>
>>51683839
I like Indian and Malay the best but Japanese is good too, especially the tonkatsu prawn tempura combo, try creamy curries like Korma they're milder.
>>
>>51683891
Interesting I'll give it a shot. I'm really big on east african these days. All the Somali refugees in my city are opening up restaurants and the food scene is amazing.
>>
>>51683906
>Mages are just the pretentious ones who act like total twats then claim they're the best people ever.

I fail to see how Mages aren't the best people ever, in all honesty. Vampfags have always been jealous and upset about being second best outside of sales. Hurhurhur.
>>
>>51683964

I had some pretty dope East African food last week, they have a stall at the farmer's market that I almost always ignore in favor of the atamajakki classic: a gigantic Vietnamese iced coffee and spicy Turkish chicken kebab.
>>
>>51683863

Why mages didn't fix the 'Great Problem', with 'Final Solution' yet?
>>
>>51683905
YOU LIKE CARROTS AND RAISINS?

NO?

WELL FUCK YOU FAGGOT IT'S GOING IN EVERY GODDAMN DISH.

WANT SOME PEPPER?

TOO BAD ALL YOU'RE GETTING IS POMEGRANATE POWDER.
>>
>>51683931
WHEN THERE'S A 0 AFTER THE DECIMAL POINT IN YOUR MEASURING OF THE SPICE, ITS NOT FUCKING RELEVANT.

0.01 GRAMS OF FUCKING INFINITY CHILI WOULDN'T CHANGE SHIT.

GHEIMEH IS PRETTY GOOD, BUT THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE IT'S CLEARLY AWARE OF THE FACT THAT ITS GARBAGE FOOD.
>>
>>51683906
I'm fairly certain the only real reason people loathe Mage is because it's the most powerful splat out there. Their antagonists are existential terrors and they need a higher standard to deal with them.
>>
>>51683818
You shut your whore mouth!!
>>
>>51678495
Why does this general have so much non WOD art.

Does anybody actually use WOD to run these other settings?

I'd be inclined to run Constantine with Witchcraft, if anything, with Ghosts of Albion as my second choice.

I might also see GURPS, because of its many magic systems.
>>
>>51684090
Because despite what that Scandinavian faggot thinks most people associate WoD with urban fantasy.
>>
>>51684090
It seems like running an MtG game would work well.

I've been interested in straight fantasy WoD games but I can't really find any info/inspiration for it.
>>
Meat is murder!

Tasty, tasty murder.... yum

#OmnivoreSupremacy

Also, why should mages fix this alleged "meat problem?"

Mages have all the meat they need. I just don't see any problem at all. If those dirty sleepers have issues with meat, that's their problem.
>>
>>51684128
Innistrad Hunter the Vigil, yeah.

I can't think of much else.
>>
>>51684148
I am currently in a game of hunter the vigil in innistrad and it works pretty great
>>
>>51684124
But it's urban fantasy with a very specific setting attached to it. It's not remotely setting agnostic, unless you stick to the mortals supplements, in which case the rules for supernaturals are highly specific/peculiar or unavailable.

>>51684128
Are there can supplements I'm unaware of to make it better suited for fantasy?
>>
>>51684124

Well....

WtA/WtF is pretty goddamn fantasy, and can often be urban as well. Mage is basically fantasy at its core.
>>
>>51684164
Really? Me too, that's why I mentioned it. Tons of fun. Pre, during or post Eldritch Moon?
>>
>>51684222
post eldritch moon
>>
>>51684148
Well, there's Innistrad for hunters, vamps, weres, and ghosts

Lorwyn/Shadowmoor for fae and you could also work in wyld and wyrm spirits

Dominaria in the aftermath of The Brothers' War, like Ice Age, could be a cool WtA game. There's also the early invasion where Urza started pumping out war machines
>As time went on it became harder to distinguish between Urza's means and Phyrexia's ends.

Homelands (which has some good flavor) can actually accommodate all the oWoD splats.

Pre-Eldrazi apocalypse Zendikar could be an interesting VtM game

Alara could be great for really focused games (Technocrat game in Esper, Hunter game in Grixis, Werewolf game in Jund)

>>51684182
>Are there can supplements I'm unaware of to make it better suited for fantasy?
Eh, there's the Bygone Bestiary? Maybe the Dark Ages as well. Both oWoD.
>>
>>51684288
Yeah, I've seen/played those. I thought maybe people had made some good fan supplements.
>>
>>51684208
'Personal horror' isn't a genre imo. It's a theme in a campaign. A successful story has to be more than players jacking off over how much it sucks to have superpowers.
>>
>>51683967

>Vampfags have always been jealous and upset about being second best outside of sales.

This just vibrates with truth.
>>
Is there actually anything good in Freak Legion or is it just an edgefest?
>>
>>51684504
You already know the answer to that question anon.
>>
Are we still talking about this?
>>
I have a bad feeling about this thread.
>>
>Pentex secretly releases Wyrm-tainted tofu curries
>Garou must now fight against the deadly but delicious Tofumori
>>
>mage supremacy
>>
>>51684504
>Is there actually anything good in Freak Legion or is it just an edgefest?

It has a nice cover.
>>
>>51684655
I had a bad feeling about your mother's cunt. Didn't stop me from fistfucking her senseless.
Seriously though, I was elbow deep at times. It was like the muppet show.
>>
Going to try Ascension.

Revised or M20?
>>
>>51684914
Revised, M20's a shitpile.
>>
I don't know why you faggots or Dracula think that horror and urban fantasy are mutually exclusive. The two flavors of WoD are clearly both. It's urban fantasy horror.
>>
>>51685058
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>51682569
Enjoy those supplements cuckboi
>>
>>51682689
>The best protein sources are all vegan

Wrong
>>
>>51685121
Since Since when are all the dicks you suck vegan?
>>
>>51685016

What if I mixed both?
>>
>>51685071
What's the matter, I inject some sense into this moronic pissing contest?
>>
getting ready to run a Hunter campaign. Any cool/fan books I should check out?
>>
This was once a happy place.
>>
>>51685667
>/tg/
>happy

Why must you lie?
>>
Real life Husband/Wife want to play a couple in an upcoming game. I'm okay with this they're decent people.

However they want to play a cross-splat forbidden love situation.

How much of a shit show is it going to be if I let them go through with this.
>>
>>51685807
>cross-splat forbidden love situation.
Between what and what
>>
>>51685807
depends on them desu, remind them theyre not playing an erpg, and make sure there love has real ramifications on them and the part, hatfield and mccoy, romeo and juliet conflict; even if its not the focus of the campaign.
>>
>>51685807
What are the splats?
>>
>>51685847
desu
>>
>>51685870
son of a bitch
>>
>>51685807
Is your game a cross-splat game? Are you comfortable running that and, if it comes up are they prepared for the consequences? If so, go for it.

If you answered 'no' to any of those questions, don't.
>>
>>51685807
>>51685846

Vampire and Mage. What else?
>>
>>51685996
>vampire and mage
Ehh yeah sure that's not like that insane or anything.
>>
>>51686013
What if the Vampire has a lawn chair fetish?
>>
>>51685807
>However they want to play a cross-splat forbidden love situation.
Depends on the splat.
Vampire/human, even vampire/werewolf is fine. Werewolves go with anything.
>>
>>51686100
>Werewolves go with anything

Keep lying to yourself, Anon.
>>
>>51685996
Winner winner chicken dinner. It's going to be a Mage game but we've done cross-splat games before and it's not been an issue before.

Can you guess what she wants to play?
>>
>>51686223
A Vampire with a lawn chair fetish?
>>
>>51686243
probably not. its a mage game, not a white room with murky reading of the rules.
>>
>>51686285
just need matter 4, gnosis 3
matter/gnosis 3 if you don't mind it being a shitty lawnchair
>>
>>51686169
>Implying everything doesn't want the knot
>>
>>51686325
>matter/gnosis 3 if you don't mind it being a shitty lawnchair
You only need Gnosis 1-2 for Matter 3.
>>
Mortal remains may be one of the worst optimized pdfs I've ever seen. My brand new desktop takes a second to load some of these pages, cause yeah it's a great idea to stack hired images under the text area that are covered over anyway. Fucking lord.
>>
>>51686536
>>
>>51681735
She should have had some goals too. Like maybe she got into law school and the acceptance letter was in her stuff, Show that the vampire not only ruined who she was, but who she could have been too.
>>
>>51684504

Its funny as hell.
>>
>>51686243
>>51686285

>Vampire with a doting Mage spouse who turns other supernaturals into comfy furniture for their darling undead but the Mage is too afraid to tell them where they keep getting all this furniture from
>>
>>51683536
Street Tacos are fucking magical dude. Makes LA so worth it.
>>
Is Onyx actually planning to stop doing open dev and is /tg/ to blame for it?
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.