[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be possible that the fashion* of the classical era survived

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: range_highlevel.png (1MB, 1470x922px) Image search: [Google]
range_highlevel.png
1MB, 1470x922px
Would it be possible that the fashion* of the classical era survived into the middle ages?

>Fashion is perhaps the wrong word.
>>
>>51677512
It sort of did. In the Byzantines, at least. Not to mention the whole 'bright colours' thing. Bright colours were hard to maintain, and some rare, so the Greek's love of utter gaudiness and looking like a passing gay pride parade survived. Beyond that, I doubt it.

I'll admit to not knowing much about medieval fashion, but modern fashion evolved on the back of use. Men's clothing, especially, is based on military clothing about 30-40 years late. Women's has sort of started branching out, but most clothes follow a pattern and can sort of be traced back to one 'style' of garment that was used or worn in a certain way, with a particular styling.

If you mean armour, well, no. Sorry. Not really. A lot of roman stuff can ultimately be traced back to those filthy dog fucking greeks, at least ins mall portions. But things started developing in the technological sense in the 'middle' period, with development really taking off at the end of it.
>>
Everyone in the classical era dressed the same, with no difference from Spain to Persia, and no changes over the centuries?

Well ain't that something.
>>
>>51677572
>If you mean armour, well, no. Sorry. Not really. A lot of roman stuff can ultimately be traced back to those filthy dog fucking greeks, at least ins mall portions. But things started developing in the technological sense in the 'middle' period, with development really taking off at the end of it.

Could not you make it look classical? Looks like a hoplit, but uses modern weapons and armours like chain mails.
>>
>>51677572
How would a Greek or Macedonian Phalanx look like if it evolved into the Medieval period?
Why did the Swiss, French or Spanish Pike not use Shields?
>>
File: bronze buggers.png (3MB, 1120x1688px) Image search: [Google]
bronze buggers.png
3MB, 1120x1688px
>>
>>51679538
It stops being a hoplite at some point.
>>
>>51677572
>Byzantines not being equivalent to Romans

REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51679701
>you came to the wrong theme motherfuckers
>>
>>51679593
>Why did the Swiss, French or Spanish Pike not use Shields?
That's an amazing question, have you tried turning on your brain at all?
>>
>>51679593
I seriously have no idea mate. I just like fashion - the prancy lala homoman sort of fashion - because tracing the lines of evolution is interesting.

But pikes, because shields are expensive and a pike is fucking huge and difficult to carry. The phalanx was outdated by the medieval period. Too many options against it. I have no idea how it could survive - the three line method was just too good.
>>
>Egypt

No.
>>
>>51677512
Medieval people fapped over antiquity already.
>>
File: untitled-143F978F4C50AF7FE20.png (1MB, 935x1095px) Image search: [Google]
untitled-143F978F4C50AF7FE20.png
1MB, 935x1095px
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.